The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Default Re: [IC] Summit: Pokémon Battle Circuit Association - PW

Watching as the mist rolls in the eerie music settles in around them, Danetta begins to pale. Still fidgeting with her crossbows, her birds take from her shoulder and begin to position themselves around her.

"Shiwanima what now? Akio... what is it we're doing here??"

2. - Top - End - #332
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Ramona readies her knife, and strolls forward slowly, then blurs away, only to appear behind the "Vera" with a knife in her back.
    Spoiler: Attack Rolls
    Show
    Ramona uses Feint Attack
    Roll for Crit: http://orokos.com/roll/768158 (Crit)
    Damage: http://orokos.com/roll/768159 (48 Dark Phys)

The Knife sinks in and Ramona lets a confident smile creep across her face... right before some fire streaks across her.
    Spoiler: Damage and Injuries
    Show
    Ramona takes 2 Injuries
    Rolls: http://orokos.com/roll/768165 (2 Speed Injuries)

Ramona staggers foward, then Succumbs to her burn...Ramona Faints

3. - Top - End - #333
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Cave Crew
    Show
    Spoiler: Racquel
    Show
    The other Kittens look on as their sibling is energized.
    Spoiler: Click?
    Show
    Shiⁿx was Ca╘ught!
    Level 1
    Sex: F
    Loyalty:??
    Trait:??
    Nature:??
    Ability:??
    Moves:??

As the Ball Clicks shut, a weird crack of electricity arcs along the ball before transporting away.
    Spoiler: All 3- Open Air
    Show
    "Oh! There it is!" Gwen says collecting her belt with six pokéballs attached. "Thank the stars. Now we can get outta here."

--------

After a few minutes you make it to the Mouth of the Cave and the air outside has gotten damp and cool. In the Moon light your able to comfortably see the 2 Trainers. Gwen hugs all of you. Thanks for your help we should be able to make it back to camp from here. She says Pulling a pokéball off her belt and loosing a Titanic turtle with a Tree sprouting from it. "Hey Gaia. I really could've used your help earlier. I'm glad you're ok." Gwen whispers rubbing its head. "Let's get outta here. Come on, Isaac. I got us a ride. We're already late and Morrigan is gonna chew us out."
    "Thanks. In my pain, I'd nearly forgotten about having to deal with her when we get back." He says hopping over to the massive specimen and pulling himself up onto its back. "Thanks for coming to our aid. A Knight never forgets a kindness owed." You watch the two make their way back down the path and disappear into the Forest, only noticing the trees yawing in Gaia's Path.
    Spoiler: Temple Trio
    Show
    The Main Chamber of the Temple grows darker with each passing moment, the air growing more dense and ominous. The Priestess Lights a candle and begins chanting.
    Spoiler: Akio: Intuition or Occult Edu: 5
    Show
    The priestess has begun the end of the Ritual but purification isn't over yet. This Darkness will likely need to be addressed once it materializes.
    The darkness in the room begins to condense towards the center of the room forming a sphere. Tendrils occasionally lash out from it, knocking over braziers and censers.
    Spoiler: Hill Girls - Fright Night!
    Show
    The Illusion is disrupted by a missile landing true to Vera's form, melting away to a Large Gengar Standing over Ramonas singed form. It smiles again as the form around it slips away leaving only it's sinister grin. and a rasp of a laugh.
    Spoiler: OOC Mechanics
    Show
    Both Trainers gain 5 xp and Cinder gets 25 xp.
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

4. - Top - End - #334

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Cave Crew back in the Open
    Show

As they make their way out of the cave, Stein will explain to Mix what he heard and what they had found. "We found a litter of Shinx, way too young to be separated for the most part. Racquel is going to nurse a sick one back up to health as chances are it could have died." When Gwen finds her belt, Stein will turn as she gets excited. "Glad you were able to find your Pokémon, Gwen. Isaac did you get all of yours?"

When they exit the cave, Stein looks up at the moon and back down to Spirit. He is caught off guard by the hug and watches as the giant Gaia appears from the ball. When Isaac has thanked them again Stein will pull out a cigarette and speaks to the pair before they depart and he lights it. "Again it was no trouble, but do get a second look at that leg Isaac. A pleasure to meet you both and hopefully again sometime. Feel free to contact us if you need anything." Spirit waves bye as well, specifically at Gwen. Stein looks down at the Cubone. "Yes, yes I know buddy."

Watching the pair disappear, Stein looks at his PDA and his eyes go wide. "We're way behind Vera's schedule, but I'm sure she will understand. We should make haste in our return." Forgetting his injuries, Stein recalls Spirit and begins to make his way back to the cabin with Racquel and Mix, rather hastily in a straight path to the destination.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2019-11-01 at 09:36 AM.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Alaina steps back bring up her PDA to scan the moving shadows. She releases a cream and red simian with a whorled tuft on its head. The Pansear looks around angrily. "Akio! What's going on!" Alaina asks alarmed by the situation.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler: Open Air
    Show
    As Gwen goes to leave, Racquel will speak up: "Hey, Gwen! Want to keep in touch?" Racquel will hold aloft her PDA as an indicator of swapping contact info. "If for nothing else than to make sure you get back where you're going ok. I have a kitten to take care of but I would like to hear you're safe." (Charm 13)

After they leave, Racquel will look to the two she's with. "Let's get going. I need to make sure that kitten is ok, and I'd like to make that trade while we're at it."
    Last edited by Chiba Yu; 2019-11-03 at 03:48 PM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Akio releases all of his pokemon, preparing for the oncoming storm.

"The purification is working, but the ritual isn't finished yet. We'll have to hold back whatever's here until the purification ritual finishes. Make sure the Priestess isn't interrupted!"

Akio prays, his fists glowing as he prepares himself for whitewater's to come.
    Akio Feral

Cleric of Terrakion, Initative 15

Spoiler: Current Pokemon
    Show

Nickname Pokemon Initiative
    Zenis Gible 15
    Rine Arauma 7
    Endurance Jangmo-o 10
    Masama Gligar 20

Spoiler: Character Info
    Show

8. - Top - End - #338

Griffon

"Oh," Skylar says as she gets closer to Ramona's prone form. "OH. I am so sorry!" She glances around for the ghost and decides that getting out of here with Ramona as quickly as possible is the best thing that she could do at the moment. She seemed to be just out cold and not in need of immediate medical attention. Skylar could take care of that when she got back to the cabin.

Skylar dives down to Ramona's opposite side , grabbing her pant leg as she rolls across her, and then pulls her up on top of her shoulders, securing her arm with her other hand. She lets out a breath as she steadies herself with Ramona's weight across her shoulders.

"Alright Cinder, be on the lookout for that Gengar. Let's head back to the cabin."

Cinder snorts a small spurt of blue flame and take the lead again, lighting the way for Skylar with her tail.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Preparing for the first, Danetta immediately looses her two crossbows and uses the Take Aim Action.
    "Get ready babies...."
    The two birds now positioned on opposite ends of the room prepare to attack whatever is coming out of the Spook Sphere.

10. - Top - End - #340

GreataxeFighterGuy

Show
    The Sphere Grows and Grows by the second seemingly absorbing the light in the room. It emanates a palpable wave of dread with each passing second and then... it stops. It's completely still then...

BOOOOOM!!!

A thunderous noise rips from the Sphere, covering the room in an unnatural Darkness that feels suffocating to even breathe in. In this Darkness you feel an presence Skulking Like a feral pokemon but much larger and malevolent. You hear the Priestess wail in pain as the room lightens up and darkness is snatched away like curtain drawn back. You see the miko lying on the ground with a mark on her head.
    Spoiler: Getting the Gang back together!- Cave Crew, Hill girls
    Show
    Spoiler: Cave crew
    Show
    Spoiler: Racquel and Stein
    Show
    "Sorry, I left my PDA at home, but i'm sure we'll meet up... later." Gwen says, turning up a corner of her lips. "I believe we all of them." Isaac says, now astride the walking landmass. "Thanks again for everything. Gwen lets get out of here."
    Spoiler: Cave Crew
    Show
    You Make you way down the winding path Before hearing a thunderous "Boom" come from down below the cabin toward the entrance to the forest.
    Spoiler: PERCEPTION DC: 15
    Show
    You see a Figure streak across the sky for a moment before dissipating. You swear you hear a rasp of a laugh.
    As you reach a natural landing You see a figure out in the Distance. A lumbering figure with 2 thin legs following a blue flame.
    Spoiler: Perception 3
    Show
    You peer through the dark to see Skylar carrying Ramona being guided by Cinder.
    Spoiler: Skylar and the Still breathing
    Show
    As you wander out of the Forest, you hear thunderous "Boom" come from down below the cabin toward the entrance to the forest.
    Spoiler: PERCEPTION DC: 10
    Show
    You see a Figure streak across the sky for a moment before dissipating. You swear you hear a rasp of a laugh.
    You stumble onto a natural landing where you spot several figures moving in the distance with Beams of light radiating from their sides
    Spoiler: Perception 3
    Show
    It's Stein,Mix and Racquel!
    Spoiler: All
    Show
    You make your way back to the Cabin where Vera is standing outside, talking with Haku and a MASSIVE Arcanine. He notices you all and points to Vera. She slowly wheels around to face you all.
    Spoiler: Focus DC: 20
    Show
    Spoiler: Pass
    Show
    Curfew was broken. She's mad.
    Spoiler: Fail
    Show
    Death would be a preferred alternative.
    "Get Inside."
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

11. - Top - End - #341
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Seeing the girl on the ground, Danetta rushes forward, dropping her crossbows on the temple floor. "Are you alright ma'am? Is... it gone?" She goes to help her up off the ground if she's willing. "Or is there still things we have to do to deal with it?"

She still seems pale, but ready to fight whatever happens, and her birds are still holding their position on either side, ready to fight.

12. - Top - End - #342

AssassinGuy

Saying good bye to new friends....

Stein waves good bye as the two disappear slightly disappointed they don't have their PDAs. It would have been a good chance to research the competition and get some info.

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!

As they make their way down the mountain, Stein stays focused on the road ahead, turning only to make sure Racquel and Mix are with him. As they come across the blue flame with two figures, Stein takes a closer look and makes out Skylar carrying Ramona. "Skylar! Do you need help carrying her?" Stein calls out to their companion and will go to help should she say yes.

As they return to the cabin, Stein is stricken with fear and dread as Vera turns. He knows they missed curfew because he had seen the time but felt that death would be a MUCH preferred option. "Death feels like a nice alternative to the rage and anger...." Stein feels himself thinking. He makes his way inside the cabin as ordered and awaits further instruction.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Alaina covers her ringing ears after the exchange. "What is going on!?" Looking all around the area Alaina tries to spot what ever the sinister entity was. Huo climbs onto Alaina's shoulder glaring at any remaining shadows.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

14. - Top - End - #344
    Pixie in the Playground

As Mix listens to Stein explain the situation as they head out of the cave she nods and gives him a smile "Sounds good, now we go back? or do we keep searching?"
    When they exit she realizes it's pretty dark except the moonlight. She happily takes her hug of thanks and waves at the two trainers who are leaving. "guess its kind of late so we head back. ooooor we go night hunti- ok fair enough" she says as Stien looks at his pda's schedule.

Mix notices Racquel didnt get the contact info and felt kinda bad, that sucks abit but whatever well just seem them again at some point.
    as they are all turning to leave she hears a loud boom sound
    Spoiler: I still dont understand how to roll for this stuff
    Show

http://orokos.com/roll/769274 perception i guess? 2 from 2d4 because i have 2 ranks in it and it says 1d4 die
    Mix doesn't notice anything until Stein says to run for our lives very loudly, in her ear.

Mix turns around "what's the big deal?" Mix fallows for a moment before stopping, turning around and waiting to see what he was so scared of. Worst case she was really fast and could probs outrun whatever it was.

15. - Top - End - #345

Griffon

Skylar exchanges a glance with Cinder as the thunderous boom shakes the forest. "This place is a lot more dangerous than I thought it would be. I kind of expected an easy camping trip to be honest."

Cinder growls as she sees figures in the distance, but quiets as she recognizes the people that were with her trainer earlier. She snorts at Stein as he approaches.

"I think I can make it to the cabin," Skylar replies, adjusting Ramona on her shoulders.

As the they reach the cabin, Skylar keeps her eyes down by her feet, not meeting Vera's eyes.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Perception for BOOM: 6
    Perception to see: 5
    Cinder Perception to see people: 5

16. - Top - End - #346

GreataxeFighterGuy

Show
    The Priestess will gasp as she lurches forward. azfter a couple of ragged breaths she bring he hands to the mark and winces at the pain. She'll move her hand away and reveal that her eye underneath the mark has turned blue.

"T~thank you." She says slowly climbing to her feet. "The Darkness has been lifted from here. This temple is once again safe for now. It is safe for you all to depart. I need to rest." She says, quietly shuffling off to behind the main altar of the temple.
    Spoiler: OOC: Mechanics and such
    Show
    5 points of trainer xp and 10 points each for one (1) of your pokémon who "participated".
    Spoiler: Getting the band back together! Pt. 2 - All
    Show
    Show
    As you are making you way back up towards the Cabin a You see an arcanine bound over the top of the hill, sprinting down it with an imposing figure mounted atop the pokemon. The beast charges towards you and pulls up short as Vera glares at you from astride the great beast.

"You're Late. Get in."
    Spoiler: Focus: DC 20
    Show
    Spoiler: Fail
    Show
    You find the air stiffling, almost like you were back in the Temple.
    Once everyone is inside, Vera walks in and closes the door. You can see the air around her roiling like a bonfire. "Go eat. Your dinner's getting cold." She says pointing to the door where a table is set and smorgasbord covers the center. As you enter the room, you feel the cabin shake as a metal door slams below you with a force that threatens to tear it off the hinges.

"I've known Vera since she was a child. I dont think I've ever seen her that mad." Haku says. "I don't think I've ever seen her make dinner, either. Let me take care of your friend here." He Hoist Ramona onto his shoulders and trundles her into the a room labeled 'Triage'.

Spoiler: All: OOC
    Show
    You are free to do anything during your down time besides leave the cabin. My Next Post will start the next day.
    Last edited by TJ Zen; 2019-11-07 at 07:18 PM.

17. - Top - End - #347

AssassinGuy

Stein in fear of his life and his companions' lives listens and goes to eat. When Master Haku mentions what he knows about Vera, Stein will look in bewilderment. "If she has never been this mad, I think I will take round two with that Luxray. I feel exceptionally rude now having missed this." He shudders for a moment before clutching his side. "Thank you for the meal." He says before beginning to eat. "Master Haku, may I ask if there is a trading apparatus in the cabin? Also is there a PC Box system that we could access here as well? If not that is perfectly fine I was merely curious." Stein thinks for a moment as Master Haku answers. He turns to the rest of his companions. "How did your ventures fair?"

Spoiler: GM and Racquel
    Show

Should Haku say yes to the trading apparatus, Stein will walk with Racquel to complete their trade of the Gurdurr for the Aron. If there is a Box system available, he will go to it and trade in Shang the Meditite for Azuza the Noibat.

Following dinner and any exchanges that take place after, Stein will go to his bunk and start to bandage himself up along with Gill. He places the bloody lab coat in his bag and takes out another pristine white one. He felt a wave of exhaustion hit him. He will take an hour to make 2 Great Balls.

Spoiler: Mechanics and OOC
    Show

Stein expends 3 uses of his First Aid kit to remove injuries from himself and Gill. 2 for Stein and 1 for Gill.

-$350 Pokken in parts to craft Great Balls
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2019-11-12 at 04:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Sorry m'am. Alaina doesn't meet Vera's eye as she rides up to the group.

After eating Alaina approaches Skylar, "What happened to Ramona? You guys were paired up right?"

She also approaches Stein "You look a little worse for wear, did everything go alright for your group?"

Alaina will wait for Haku to return before approaching him "Excuse me, sir. You are the master of this Dojo correct? What type of martial arts do you teach here?"
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2019-11-12 at 04:48 PM.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

To Akio after the priestess wanders off. "Does... that means we're done here. Right? The doom ball is all cleared out?"

20. - Top - End - #350

Griffon

"About that..." Skylar replies to Alaina. "We got separated when we were trying to get back here, and a Gengar decided to 'play' with us. I was bombarded with illusions and I thought that Ramona was one as well. Cinder was a little too... enthusiastic with her attack."

21. - Top - End - #351
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

"Well I'm glad you guys got back safely. Where were you guys traveling, I wouldn't want to run into the same pokemon if it's this strong."

22. - Top - End - #352

AssassinGuy

To Alaina

Stein turns revealing the blood spatter on his lab coat. "Things started off well enough, captured a Meditite, Helioptile, a Gurdurr for Racquel, and a Noibat. This was from a Luxray defending its young. It was purely accidental on our part but it seems we had a misunderstanding of circumstances. Two trainers called for help but we weren't able to exchange info with them. The female was cute." Stein smiles a bit. "How did your group fair?"

23. - Top - End - #353
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

"We ran into a trainer, Morrigan, who was looking for a lost pokemon. The temple was...strange. I don't really know how temples are suppose to be, but something was wrong with this one." She stares blankly at Stein for a second "You use ghost pokemon right? I came across a Rowlet and a Golett if you're interested in using them."

24. - Top - End - #354

AssassinGuy

With Alaina

Stein blinks a couple times. "Seems we found the lost ones today. The temple was strange? Interesting..... They should seem sacred or even kinda calming but yes they can be strange." Stein ponders for a moment when he is broken from thought by Alaina. "Yes I have a particular love and affinity for them. If you wouldn't mind, I would be glad to take the Rowlet. Would you like the Meditite? It appears to fit with the martial arts that you practice if I may be so bold and, I feel you would have a better connection with it than I."

25. - Top - End - #355
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Alaina nods "I'd like that. Do you know where a Trade Machine is?"

26. - Top - End - #356

AssassinGuy

With Alaina

Stein smiles at the question. "I was actually about to ask so me and Racquel could do our exchange, this will be two birds with a single stone." Stein proceeds to ask Haku as before and makes his way to the trade machine where he exchanges the Meditite for Rowlet with Alaina. "Thank you so very much Alaina. I should also say, if you want some spare Pokeballs made let me know. I'd be more than happy to assist you in that endeavor. I'd just need to make sure I have the parts covered."

27. - Top - End - #357
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler: Facing Death Head On
    Show
    Racquel will approach the roiling terror herself and speak. "Ma'am. I know you're angry, and... and I'm sorry I missed curfew. I... I need your help. I caught a newborn pokemon who is sick. I took responsibility for it and I have to help it. Can I get your help after we eat?"

Much later, whatever the result: Racquel will approach Stein. "Ready for our trade, bud? I've got one small iron terror for ya."

28. - Top - End - #358

AssassinGuy

To Racquel

Stein nods at the inquiry. "Yes I'm ready and raring to go. I have your sparring partner ready for you and await that little iron terror." Stein smirks as they proceed with the trade, thanking Racquel again.

29. - Top - End - #359

GreataxeFighterGuy

"Trade Machine is Down the stairs." Haku pipes up from down the hall. "The PC is down there as well. You can use it once you've eaten. I'll Patch you and your pokemon up here in Triage if you need it. Be careful down there though lets you rouse the Demon." He chuckles.
    Spoiler: Alaina
    Show
    "I teach Ryūsui Gansai-ken, a off-shoot of Tai Chi." Haku says,rolling up his sleeves. "I'll show you a thing or two tomorrow if you'd like." He says, grinning.

Spoiler: Ramona
    Show
    After a few minutes you pull yourself awake to see the old man washing his hands in a nearby basin. "Welcome back. You're back in the cabin, There's Food in the kitchen i cant get the kids to bring you something but you should probably take it easy tonight." The old man says with a cheery grin.

Spoiler: Racquel
    Show
    You make your way down the wooded stairs that abruptly switch to metal as the wooden stairwell becomes worked stone onto a landing about 50 feet down. The air here is frigid like, standing in a stadium entrance and you hear music coming from behind a Metal Fire Door. You recognize the music as "Inferno Inside" by SkullBash.
    As you wrap the door, the Music dies down and you feel an intense heat beyond the door for a moment before you hear the latch give and the door Opens.
    "What?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Racquel
    "Ma'am. I know you're angry, and... and I'm sorry I missed curfew. I... I need your help. I caught a newborn pokemon who is sick. I took responsibility for it and I have to help it. Can I get your help after we eat?"
    "Leave it inside the pokéball in Triage, I'll take a look at it." she says flatly. "Make sure you all get some rest. Tomorrow comes sooner than you think. Guaranteed.

Spoiler: OOC: ALL
    Show
    You all rest soundly in your rooms after an exciting day
    Spoiler: Perception: DC 10
    Show
    You hear the door open outside and See Desireé enter the Cabin. around 1am.
    . Refresh your battle and field AP and gain 3 trainer xp. Any trades made will be completed with this post. Please Post Rosters for Tomorrow Training.

Spoiler: DAY 2! - ALL WARNING LINK IS LOUD!
    Show
    "Wake up, Slabs! Time to get to Training! You and your mon will be present OUTSIDE for Morning Training in 10 minutes! 4 AM only comes once a day and I won't have you wasting this precious daylight!" Vera says Dropping her siren to her side.
    Last edited by TJ Zen; 2019-11-12 at 08:18 PM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

"I would greatly appreciate that. I learned Tai Chi from my father who has a dojo in the city. I am excited to see this style of martial arts." Alaina says giving a bow of a respect.

In the morning Alaina gets up a little slowly the events of yesterday still weighing on her. Collecting herself she goes outside and begins training her pokemon going through the basics for her new additions.

Spoiler: Rolls and Roster
    Show
    Perception - 9

Training Rolls -
    Bao hů gains 7 Exp!
    Shěbīng gains 5 Exp!
    Máo gains 8 Exp!
    Huǒ gains 17 Exp!
    Jīngshén gains 17 Exp!
    Zōnglú gains 12 Exp!

Alaina Applies Agility Training to her Active Roster!

Alaina Trains Attack Conflict to Jīngshén!

Alaina Trains Bodyguard Training to Bao hů!

Active Roster -
    Bao hů – Wabbuffet
    Shěbīng – Mienfoo
    Máo – Beedrill
    Huǒ – Pansear
    Jīngshén – Golett
    Zōnglú – Meditite