New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: [IC] Summit: Pokémon Battle Circuit Association - PW

Skylar's blue-gray eyes watch closely as everyone introduces themselves, especially noting Akio, since he also had a few dragons. She smiles at his Gible's antics; it seemed their Pokemon were very alike.

"I'm Skye Faust. It's very nice to meet you all! I'm super excited to work with you all this season," she says. She quickly puts her long black hair back into a ponytail before releasing her own Gible, a Charmander, and a Cranidos.

Her Gible is a fairly unremarkable specimen for her species, with the normal mouthful of teeth. She warbles at the sight of Zenis, excited to see one of her own kind. "This is Lamia."

Her Charmander is a much more lithe and angular version of the species with red eyes and darker orange scales that are mottled with black. Her belly is gray rather than cream and her tailflame has a blue tinge to it. She stays mostly down on all fours instead of two legs like most Charmanders. "This is Cinder." The dragon blinks at the sound of her name and yawns, showing off large fangs.

"And finally, Thorne," Skye says gesturing at the Cranidos. She is also a fairly normal specimen, but the trained eye could spot a few extra spikes and slightly larger stature. The Cranidos snorts and looks around at the assembled humans and Pokemon.

Spoiler: @Akio
    Show
    (After taking an online quiz)
    Syke's aura is Orange with a little bit of Red
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2019-09-04 at 07:13 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Show
    You see surrounding Alaina a swirl of bright Red and Orange colors that mix and collide. Suddenly Dark Blue erupts, washing over all the other colours before the Reds and Oranges slowly return. This cycle continues at random intervals.
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2019-09-05 at 01:22 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Show

You see a swirl of Blue and Purple, almost as though in constant flux. There is a calmness that seems almost, too calm.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Mix listened carefully to what Akio had to say, it made her think a bit about what she was doing here and what her goal was. He had some real purpose, she still needed to find her own.
    Tostito is reluctant to let anyone touch it but after giving it a nod of assurance it seemed alright with the priest being all touchy. ;)
    "I hope I can find what I need to fight for, but I'm sure Tostito and I can overcome any challenge, I'm sure you can too, you seem to know what you're doing."

Mix's face lights up with joy at the sight of Zenis "He's ADORABLE!, not as adorable as Tostito but still super adorable. I can't wait to fight him! I'm sure our battle will be legendary."

--Bus Brigade

Mix sighs at how long the trip is taking but spends the time playing with Tostito and on her phone texting Tracy (Text messages):
    "hey"
    "hey"
    "hey"
    "I met some strange priest dude whos like bad with motion on trains and stuff,
    and he had a cute pokemon, and he pet Tostitos and didn't lose a limb, It was super cool.
    So anyway what are you up to? having fun? o I think I'm almost there"
    -Selfy Image Attachment-
    (End of message chain)

As soon as the bus stopped at the Stoutland Depot Mix was off the bus and looking around at the skyline of Trier. "OMG the Coliseum!" Mix Immediately takes a quick couple of photos with her camera. Tostitos riding on her back calmly.
    After a few moments, Janice catches her attention so she heads over to her, soon being led through the city as the nice lady talks and Mix fails to listen entirely.

--The everyone post thing

Once in the building and moving through the halls Mix is running around greeting everyone who waves at them, by saying hello and shaking there hand along with a simple "super awesome to meet you, ok bye!"
    Arriving at the next room with a couple of chairs and some dude waiting, Mix doesn't even wait to be told to take a seat, she just pops over to a chair and sits down, her right leg bouncing up and down happily. Thankfully they are quickly led to their rooms to unpack and organize their things. Not that Mix had the attention span to organize anything, Instead, she let her pokemon out to relax before tosing her stuff onto the floor and diving onto the bed with Tostitos.

--Morning
    Morning came uneventfully and with a cup of coffee or two Mix was down in the gym with her Pokemon. Desiree was really cool so Mix was more than happy to listen to her. She also seemed real strong. "Good Morning!"
    Mix fallowed what the other had done and let her pokemon out to show Desiree, first she just held Mimikyu. "This one is Tostitos, she loves spicy food and can be a little bit naughty or mischievous with people."
    Mix tossed out a Mareep. "This one is ZapCloud, Unlike Tostitos, she hates spicy food and prefers sweet things, shes kind of shy." ZapCloud was Practically hugging Mix's leg.
    "And finally this is Buttercup, she also likes Sweets and is pretty timid" Mix threw out her Minun.
    "And that's my team so far"
    Last edited by LoFiBaseSnacks; 2019-09-06 at 03:05 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

She stands kinda nervously among the group of people. Quietly, she releases a Mightyena, a Rowlet, and a Murkrow, the latter two of which land one on each of her shoulders.
    "H-hi. My name is Danetta, this is Shenzi, Natalya, and Greyscar" pointing at the 3 of them respectively. She quickly steals a few glances at Hiro's group of pokemon.

Spoiler: Akio
    Show
    You see a pale grey, almost matching her mightyena perfectly, that currently seems to be acting up. Almost like it's fidgeting.
    Last edited by firefish55; 2019-09-05 at 11:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler: Plane
    Show
    Racquel fails to keep herself awake through the torrent of pressure. Whwn asked about her sleep during the flight, she will respond:"Unfortunately, I did sleep."Later, when Desmond asks what her conversation with the woman was like:"I forewarned her that I was aiming for her. She seemed to relish the challenge as I would have."

When it is her turn, Racquel steps up."I am Racquel. These," She sends out a Growlithe with a determined expression, a Aron with a curious disposition, and a Spheal who seems to retreat behind Racquel. "Are Foo, Terra, and Odin. They are coming with me as I reach the top of the ladder. You all may join me as well."

Spoiler: Aiko
    Show
    You see red waves, as heat off a bonfire. They roil and turn, showing her passion and strength.
    Last edited by Chiba Yu; 2019-09-06 at 12:48 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

"Great introductions!" Desmond says taking a place in front of you all. "Well, now that those are done, I want to lay out the 45-part plan I have for us to make it back to the top! Thi-" Desmon stops short as The older woman claps a hand down on his shoulder.

"Go. We'll discuss your plan later. We've training to get started."

"-Oh. Right. You got it, coach."He says. "We'll discuss this after training this morning... Good luck." He says, as he makes his way back to the offices upfront.

"Now then, I'll make this quick." The woman wheels around to face you all. "Every Morning your call is 9am sharp. I expect for your individual training to be done by then. If you haven't, i wont give you the chance. I'm not here to coddle you. I'm here to turn you into champions or grind you into dust. Now, Take an hour to go through your drills. After that the fun begins: You'll have a roster battle with one of your teammates. 1v1 until a side can now longer battle.

The Matchups are:
    Danetta vs. Stein

Akio vs Racquel

Mix vs. Skylar

and Alaina vs. Hiro

Are there any Questions? Good.

GET TO IT!" She orders walking over to Desireé "You're with me, kid."

"Wha-. I. Okay." Desi Stammers catching up with Vera.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You all have a full training window for you pokemon. Then start your battles. I'll be sending you a link.

"Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

8. - Top - End - #38

AssassinGuy

Stein listens intently, curious about the 45-part plan. As they are told the hours they need to be called on, he simply continues to listen. That'll be no problem.... Usually up and running by then anyway or still elbow deep in work. Guess some of the late nights for work is done for a while anyway until there's a break.... His glasses were glared over by the over head lights on the ceiling. He looks over to Danetta, his mentioned first opponent, and remains his usual calm self. "Darkness against Ghost, this'll be a nice little experiment." He chuckles a bit thinking to himself as he walks off to train his team through their morning drills.

For their training, Stein always focused on making them feel as if they were a Ghost, it was part of how he made sure their physiology could be changed. Or even to see if they were compatible with it. They usually began with some meditating, quickly followed by ensuring their focus was maintained.

Spoiler: Training Rolls
    Show

Stein's roster has Focused Training applied!
    Marie gains 13 EXP!
    Gill gains 13 EXP!
    Spirit gains 11 EXP!

Steins makes his way with Marie, Gill and Spirit in their Dusk Balls to the court opposite Danette. "Good to meet you again, let the experiment begin!" Stein's smile becomes almost crazed. He throws out a Dusk Ball, calling out Spirit and commands him to attack.

Spoiler: Akio Feral only
    Show

If you can see it, Stein's aura has stopped shifting between the Blue and Purple and is now strictly Purple.

Spoiler: Rolls and OOC!
    Show

Stein initiative is 15
    Spirit initiative is 11
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2019-09-07 at 11:16 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Alaina looks Hiro up and down once the pairs are read and only gives a short nod before moving off to train for the morning. Alaina sets her pokemon up against herself. She swiftly dodges all attacks while instructing her pokemon how to be faster and move more gracefully. Once the hour is up Alaina takes her place on the opposite side of the course. "Good luck to you Hiro, I am interested to see what you can do." She says with a bow to her opponent. Alaina releases the Beedrill from before, the bug buzzes aggressively hovering over Hiro's side of the court.

Spoiler: Training Rolls and Mechanics
    Show
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2019-09-13 at 11:53 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Upon a training time being declared, Akio goes to a corner with his pokemon and meditates with them with crossed legs. During the meditation he prays over his claw gauntlets and the bone and gemstone amulet he normally wore around his neck, holding them within his hands until eventually ending the meditation and gifting the amulet around Rine's (Amaura) neck. "This will protect you during this training. Be strong my friends. It doesn't matter if we lose, it matters if we show our strength, and learn from our experiences. Now we spar before combat!" He hugs his pokemon in a circle before they all get ready for more training.

Akio straps his fur and leather claw gauntlets on, and him and his pokemon all dash about in their small area, making near misses with their tackles and bites and various thrown moves while the others dodge and reciprocate with their own strikes until it's time for the real training to start.

Akio walks with his pokemon to the area designated for himself and Raquel. He looks, disapproving at Raquel's rage and lack of control but interested in seeing her pokemon perform. "Your fury burns hot like molten metal, but can it weather nature's own wrath?" Zenis (Gible) jumps into the conflict area, sand kicking up around it until a sandstorm consumes the small arena. (Gibble's first action uses sandstorm.)

Spoiler: Training
    Show

Endurance (Jangmo-o) gains +13 EXP!
    Rine (Amaura) gains +13 EXP!
    Zenis (Gible) gains +14 EXP!

orokos.com/roll/754612

11. - Top - End - #41

Beholder

Spoiler: Training
    Show
    Training rolls. Inspired Training.

Talk is cheap, priest. Worth is determined on the field of battle, strength is all that matters. I will melt away all competition, regardless of its origin."
    Spoiler: Akio
    Show
    Her eyes flash red, and her aura flares to life, turning bright yellow and spewing sparks.

Racquel sends out Foo, the Growlithe, who enters and uses Leer! The attack misses its intended target... However, Foo's presence Intimidates the small toothed football!(Intimidate activated.)

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Zenis (Gible) charges straight into the Growlthe Foo and near misses inside the sandstorm! (Take Down)

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Attack Roll = D20 rolled 2 + (1 from Attack) + (2 from Sandstorm) = 5 roll - (Enemy Defense of 2) = 3 vs AC 4
    orokos.com/roll/754620
    Last edited by Eincolt; 2019-09-07 at 12:13 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Beholder

After the miss, Racquel issues inspired Orders! Foo uses Bite! Damage.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Zenis reacts to the bite by kicking up sand and assuming a defensive posture, putting some space between him and the Growlthe. (Gible uses Sand attack and Blinds Growlthe!)

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Attack Roll = 12, +2 from Accuracy Bonus, -2 from enemy evasion, vs AC 3.
    1 Damage from Plink
    orokos.com/roll/754624

15. - Top - End - #45

Beholder

Racquel again issues Inspired Orders and Bite is used! Damage. Target also flinches.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Zenis races around the Growlith before finding a spot to attack and dashes in for the Takedown! Zenis has been exhausted from the effort, (3 HP left) and Akio Recalls him, releasing Endurance (Jangmo-o) in his place.

Akio releases Zenis next to him, looking down and quickly tending to his injury. "You did a great job out there. You should be very proud of yourself. You don't have to push yourself so hard, now I need to support Endurance." He stands back up looking through the sandstorm at Raquel. "Face Endurance in the Storm!"

Spoiler: Roll
    Show

Injury to Special Attack orokos.com/roll/754630
    HITS!
    Attack Roll = 5 + 2 Accuracy Bonus +1 Attack Bonus -2 Enemy Evasion = 6 vs AC 4.
    Damage Roll [6d8=2, 4, 3, 5, 8, 8] 46 physical Damage -9 Enemy Defense = 37 Physical Damage +5 Bonus damage = 42
    orokos.com/roll/754629

17. - Top - End - #47

Beholder

As the dog falls, Racquel's intensity flares up. She wordlessly sends out Odin and Orders him to use Powder Snow, issuing Inspired orders again.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Endurance the Jangmo-o dashes to Odin for a Tackle! But he misses in the sandstorm, turning around quickly back to face Odin.

Show

Attack Roll Failed, 1
    orokos.com/roll/754647

19. - Top - End - #49

Beholder

Racquel grits her teeth and barks out another Order for Powder Snow, this time with Brutal Orders. Damage

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Endurance brushes the attack off with Protect, dodging out of the way, and moving into a Bide stance, staring Odin down with his dare.
    Last edited by Eincolt; 2019-09-07 at 03:17 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Beholder

Odin sees the opponent brace for impact, and Curls Defensively itself in response. Racquel does not seem to have ordered that...

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Endurance is called back into a pokeball while Gible is released once again, charging out with Take Down and excited to prove himself once again, ignoring his exhaustion. However pushing himself too hard he misses Odin, eating the dust on the ground.

Show
    http://orokos.com/roll/754667
    Last edited by Eincolt; 2019-09-07 at 03:41 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Once separated from the group and surrounded by friends, she seems a lot calmer and more in control of herself. Training her pokemon just seems slightly more intense than one would seem playing with a litter of puppies.

In the battle with Stein, "uhh- yeah! Experiments!" She says, as her Mightyena prowls out from behind her, a slight snarl on its face...
    Spoiler: Initiatives
    Show

Danetta: 10
    Shenzi: 16

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    I got work the next few days, so i don't know how consistently I'll be able to post, but I'll try at least a few times throughout the day when I can :)

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

The snarl deepens into a full growl as Mightyena activates its Intimidate (Spirit gets -2 ark stages). Prowling forward, it leaps into a Bite, Flinching the cubone and gaining 8 Damage Reduction from it's Dark Art!

Show
    attack roll 20
    (https: //orokos.com/roll/754684)
    Dmg: 43 Dark physical (9 of which is Bonus)
    (https: //orokos.com/roll/754686)

"Good girl!!"
    The Mightyena turns around and barks happily at the praise.
    Last edited by firefish55; 2019-09-07 at 06:12 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55

AssassinGuy

Stein winces as Spirit takes the hit. "Spirit, hang in there!"

Spoiler: Rolls and OOC
    Show

Spirit takes 2 Injuries: -1 CS SpAtk and -1 CS SpDef!

Stein gives Focused Orders! +2 ACC range.

OOC: No worries bud!
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2019-09-07 at 06:39 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Turning around back to the Cubone, the hyena goes for another Bite attack!

Spoiler: rolls!
    Show
    atk 21 (https: //orokos.com/roll/754723) (sorry mate...)
    dmg: 54 (38 standard, 16 bonus) https:// orokos.com/roll/754724)

"Remember baby girl, we're not killing here, be careful!"
    Last edited by firefish55; 2019-09-07 at 08:07 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

AssassinGuy

Stein is standing there stunned as Spirit falls. ”You put up a good fight Spirit, take a good long rest.” He says as his Cubone disappears in a flash of light. He looks across the court to Danette. ”Seems I’ve made a grave miscalculation. Shall we continue?” He says as he throws out another Dusk Ball, from which the ghastly Totodile appears.

”Help him cool off Gill.” A jet of water spews out and sprays the hound in its face.

Spoiler: Rolls and OOC
    Show

Spirit faints and Gill is called out!
    Gill’s initiative has passed so he moves immediately!

Gill uses Water Gun!
    To Hit: 1d20 9
    Damage: 15 Water v SpDef + 10 Bonus Damage!

Torrent activates granting 5 DR!

OOC: Really close to dying that time!
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2019-09-07 at 10:51 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

"ahh! Is he.. Is he okay?? I didn't mean to..." Absolutely freaking out! (She doesn't know that ghosts can disappear like that)

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    also, what's his init?
    Last edited by firefish55; 2019-09-07 at 10:40 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

AssassinGuy

Stein’s features soften a bit as Danetta begins to worry. ”He’s pretty beat up but should make it through. I’ll run him to the hospital right away after this match. I just recalled him to his Pokeball, no need to fret as accidents do happen.” Stein smiles to hopefully try and get Danetta to calm down a bit.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Sorry! Gill is initiative 12.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

"oh... Well good then! Means we're still good to go babygirl!!" She says, looking very relieved. "Shenzi... Chomp!" Saying that, the mightyena leaps back into Bite at the Totodile!

Spoiler: rolls!
    Show
    atk: https: //orokos.com/roll/754766: 17
    dmg: https:// orokos.com/roll/754767: 48 (29 dmg, 19 bonus)