New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: What things are violet?

Quote Originally Posted by Son of A Lich! View Post
    I always thought that Rods and Cones react to light and signal the optical nerves that they are getting light. Rods send out a Blue signal but don't react to the full spectrum. Cones send out a signal when it is in red, but in the absence of red light, they send out green. IE - I have a box. This box is too light to have metal in it, so it must be cardboard.

But your explanation is better then mine. Thank you!
    Some people are colour blind. Colour blind people are still people, and should be treated fairly.

Colour blindness means that the band of colour detected by the cones of at least one of the three types present in the eye is somewhat shifted relative to the others. It would be possible for all of them to be detecting the same range, but that would be a very severe colourblindness, and would be very unusual.

I've met a colour blind person who thought orange was a synonym for white, because to his eyes it was. Therefore when such a person is told that the white of an orange is the pith, they think it's the edible flesh itself that is meant.
    Last edited by halfeye; 2019-10-22 at 12:07 PM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.