New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default What rarity would you give to this..? (5e)

Hi all.

So I made a bow that's magic ability is its ability to cast counterspell once per day (by firing a arrow that counter acts it)

-Attunement required. While attuned, someone will be able to recognise when a spell is being cast as long as component is necessary.
    -Arrows fired from the bow are considered magical
    -The range of the counterspell is instead the range of the bow (max 600ft) . Disadvantage applies to the ability save roll if its fired from the longer range bracket and assumes a spellcasting ability of +3
    -assumes a lvl3 cast of counterspell (possibly able to cast at higher levels if it absorbs enough magic over time)

What would you give this things rarity?

Also:

What rarity would give to a crossbow that has a permanent bless spell cast on it (holy crossbow)
    Last edited by Sindal; 2019-09-03 at 07:28 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: What rarity would you give to this..? (5e)

Counterspelling Bow - I'm bouncing between rare and uncommon, although if I were forced to make a decision I would likely put it as uncommon due to attunement.

Bless Crossbow - Constant +1d4 to hit and +1d4 to saves for a PC? As well as magical damage on a bow, I would put this into the rare range (although I could see it as very rare). It's got a better to hit than a +2 weapon and a better bonus to saves than a Ring of Protection. It is requires attunement, I would like fall into the rare camp. If it doesn't very rare.
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Spoiler: 5e Subclass Contest Wins
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XIII-Rogue, Tavern Wench
    ● XV-Monk, Way of the Shrine Guardian
    ● XVI-Cleric, Madness Domain
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXI-Artificer, Battling Bowman
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer