New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Redemption IC

1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Redemption IC

Thoven

The druid does not apparently notice the others leave, talking to himself or possibly even the silent one, whose name he has obviously not yet learned, "I also had a nice crop of new stuff that I had found in the forests of Metito along with the elves. Now there is a group of blokes that knows how to party. They got a century or two on me, and thats just in this particular generation!" He blinks, "Orcs?"
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2007-10-14 at 09:25 PM.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Yeah, I sent him a PM. Hopefully, he'll respond.

Roll for Initiative.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Paladin - (1d20+2)[4]
    Orcs - (1d20+1)[16]

Av by kpenguin ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by trollhammeren View Post
    I like the way you think Siric and i would like to subscribe to your news letter.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (1d20+1)[6]
    High Ref and Recruiter for the PvP Arena.

Characters for the Arena: || Snake || Yoshi || Todd

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+7)[18]

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Thoven
    HP: 38 AC: 18 Init: ???

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[22]

((And the spaced out hippie gets a natural 20...))
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2007-10-14 at 11:43 PM.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

6. - Top - End - #36

(Great. The gnome goes first, and he's just barely aware of there being orcs. Classic. )

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

((If we want we can wait until morning [Morning for me, that is], and give Seribro a chance to reply. Or we can push on forward. Either way, I'm posting this))

You're barely able to make your way through the cowardly deckhands who have no desire to fight this battle when there are five perfectly good warriors to defend the boat. Also, you're pretty sure you heard a few murmurs about their "new Yolinchet technology."

Upon reaching the top, you see a large number of orcs scattered about the boat. Chances are, there's even more below deck. In the Crow's nest, you see one peculiar bald, who's missing an eye. He's definitely powerful, but he seems quite distracted at the moment, reading loudly from a book, causing the orcs to be quite...rowdy.

As Brother Folip steps out, he is a little bit caught of guard. "Is... is that a preacher?"

((And, I made a rather simplistic map of... the scene, via paint. yay me ^.^))
    Spoiler
    Show

Random, Ignore this - (1d20)[13]

EDIT: Oh, and Tacitus, make another roll. Just humor me.
    EDIT2: Thanks. Carry on!
    Last edited by Siric; 2007-10-15 at 01:20 AM.

Av by kpenguin ^_^

I like the way you think Siric and i would like to subscribe to your news letter.

8. - Top - End - #38

((I'm fine either way, personally. Question, though: what's the distance to that preacher orc? ))

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Far away.... let's see, Mast to Mast is about... 50 feet. The Height is about 40 feet-ish... basic math says...

He's about 65 feet away from your boat, 40 feet away from his boat.))

Initiative:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thoven -[22]
    Sera -[18]
    Mister Snow -[16]
    Orcs -[16]
    Silvertounge -[6]
    Paladin -[4]
    Last edited by Siric; 2007-10-15 at 06:34 PM.

Av by kpenguin ^_^

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

When the allarms are sound, a sigh is heart from the top bench at the right sight of the teams quarters. A few more seconds pass and then the man known as Mr. Snow rolls out of his bed and drops down to the floor, landing on his legs asif he had never done anything else. With some grumbling the balding old hulk grabs his long grey coat and buckles up a broad belt with rapier on one side and two cases of bolts on the other. He grabs his crossbow from the table and pushes open the door while grumbling some more.
    He follows the rest upstairs, already knowing what to expect thanks to his trusty familiar sitting on a first row seat at the front deck.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[16]

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Thoven

Through bleary bloodshot eyes the strange little gnome watches the last of his unwilling companions leave him alone. With a sneeze his overly large nose changed shape to something of a beak and his eyes grew somewhat larger. With a sigh, "Oh, orcs. Well, lets get nuts, we can get stoned later." In a swift change the remainder of his body drastically changed, his equipment disappearing as feathers sprouted all across his body. A flap of his wings and he was off with a bolt of speed, heading up to observe the battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action: Shapeshift
    Double move action.
    Shapechange lists a 40ft move speed. I dunno if it should be less due to decreased size. Regardless, medium load for speed reduction.
    +2 Str, +2 Nat Armor, +2 (maybe 3, can't remember) Ref save, -3 Armor, -2 Shield.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2007-10-15 at 12:58 PM.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

12. - Top - End - #42

(OOC: Is it my turn? I was still waiting for the combat post that explains where we all are in relation to our opponents and the orcs and what the situation is in terms of cover and etc. I don't know what to do because I don't know where everything is yet, or even how far away the closest orc was. My last move was sneaking up the stairs ... have I been spotted? And ... etc. ...)

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

((I've found that it is generally faster if players post without regard to initiative order and the DM sorts it out when making his post for the round, or group of rounds if the game uses a combat system where players post more than one round of combat at a time for speed. If/then statements help a lot in such situations. That aside, I do believe you should post, as Siric has made an IC since you last posted, mentioning ya'll reaching the deck but did not mention you being spotted.))

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siric View Post
    ((Far away.... let's see, Mast to Mast is about... 50 feet. The Height is about 40 feet-ish... basic math says...

He's about 65 feet away from your boat, 40 feet away from his boat.))

Initiative:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thoven -[22]
    Sera -[18]
    Mister Snow -[16]
    Orcs -[16]
    Silvertounge -[6]
    Paladin -[4]
    Spoiler
    Show

[roll0]

Also, the Mast provides total cover.

And are you "sneaking up?" Or walking up? Cause you might want to roll for MS, and Hide (using the stairs for some concealment... there isn't much concealment on the boat) Bah, they're Orcs, doubt they'll see you.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    ((I've found that it is generally faster if players post without regard to initiative order and the DM sorts it out when making his post for the round, or group of rounds if the game uses a combat system where players post more than one round of combat at a time for speed. If/then statements help a lot in such situations. That aside, I do believe you should post, as Siric has made an IC since you last posted, mentioning ya'll reaching the deck but did not mention you being spotted.))
    Agreed. The Initiative is for me. No need to post an any real order.
    Last edited by Siric; 2007-10-16 at 06:39 PM.

Av by kpenguin ^_^

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

As Mr. Snow appeared on deck, he noticed the orcs were just about to cross the planks. Great, just great... First that annoying bastard and his prayer, or what ever it is he is doing... As he had been watching up, mister snow hadn't seen the tibbit in hiding and almost stepped on top of one of her appendages. He didn't really care though. If she was weak, she wouldn't have been brought along.
    He lifts up the crossbow and uses the other arm to stabalize for a clean shot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[14](20)

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

The bolt whistles through the air and gets in a clean hit on the orc.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d6)[5](5)

Mr Snow doesn't wish to wait for an answer and is already reloading the bow.

17. - Top - End - #47

Yes, sneaking. =)

Seraphina creeps up the stairs to the top, around the mast ...

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide: (1d20+17)[26] Move Silently: (1d20+13)[30]

18. - Top - End - #48

... and attacks the nearest as-yet-untouched orc with a sudden lunge from out of seemingly nowhere, her blade trailing flames as it dives toward its target!

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll: (1d20+11)[29] (using the Burning Blade technique as a boost this round)

Assuming a successful hit, damage: (4d6+10)[24] (weapon: 1d6+5 + 2d6 sneak attack [Assassin's Stance -- assuming the orc is flatfooted] + 1d6+5 for Burning Blade)

19. - Top - End - #49

I are invisible, so I'll post in spoilers for the DM only.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm going to cast Minor Image at the rigging of the orcish ship, the illusion is of a flaming arrow striking the sail and causing them to break out in flame.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Right after a bird flies from the stairs to the skies, Orcs rush across the ship, they are stricken down. One gets a nice bolt in the face, another gets simultaneously burned and stabbed. But it seems that for each one that is struck down, two more appear, stabbing with their pointy sticks, slashing with their swords, or just plain head bashin'... to no avail, as they all miss ((-_-' cursed orcs))

Luckily, their sail seems to have "caught fire." This, as a result, has caused a couple of Orcs to jump ship before their leader was able to calm them, through more prayers from that book.

Brother Folip stood there gazing at the spiritual leader before waddling over towards an orc by Mister Snow, and promptly smashing him in the face.

Orcs Dead: 4

Next round ^_^

Av by kpenguin ^_^

21. - Top - End - #51

@Siric:
    Spoiler
    Show

Standard Action: Maintain Concentration
    Move Action: Twiddle my thumbs and whistle a tune.

I'm going to have the fire seem to climb up the sails slowly, towards the crows nest.
    DC:19 will save to disbelieve.
    Last edited by Mavian; 2007-10-17 at 01:02 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52

"Wow, these orcs are really weak!" Seraphina remarks cheerfully. Suddenly, she disappears in a cloud of inky shadow that swirls into itself, shrinking rapidly until it vanishes entirely within the span of a second.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow Jaunt -- you said it's 50 feet from mast to mast, and Sera's already a little beyond the mast on her ship, so the target is right by the mast on the other ship, where it looks most likely Sera won't be under direct observation anymore. Then she immediately uses her remaining move action to flatten herself against the mast of the enemy ship and attempt to hide again. Move Silently: (1d20+13)[26] Hide: (1d20+17)[23]

Edit: Assuming your map is showing our ship being the one swarmed with orcs. If there are still a lot of orcs on the other ship, she'll still do it, but she may end up not trying to hide if a lot of orcs are there looking right at her.
    Last edited by Nowhere Girl; 2007-10-17 at 02:40 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Mister Snow shrugs when one the orcs is turned into a bloody pile of teeth-less green right next to him. "Thanks, I guess"
    He fires another arrow at an orc at the walkway,...
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[18](24)
    (1d6)[1](1)

...then drops his crossbow and draws his rapier as he walks over to the plank just cleared. ((are the planks just laying from ship to ship or are they somehow secured in place?))

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Thoven

The shape changed druid flies down to land upon the mast above the religious sounding orc, trying to hear what he's saying. As he is shape changed he looks just like a normal bird, having chosen to look like a seagull for the moment, though his feet look rather odd, what with having talons.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seribro View Post
    As Mr. Snow appeared on deck, he noticed the orcs were just about to cross the planks. Great, just great... First that annoying bastard and his prayer, or what ever it is he is doing... As he had been watching up, mister snow hadn't seen the tibbit in hiding and almost stepped on top of one of her appendages. He didn't really care though. If she was weak, she wouldn't have been brought along.
    He lifts up the crossbow and uses the other arm to stabalize for a clean shot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    ((depending on his amount of hitpoints, he is either dead or cursing some sentences that should not be repeated here. There is a bolt sticking out of his... well where ever it got hit.))

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

((How about a free trip attack over the edge having him plunge to a certain death? But I believe were going to far OOC here now. What ever the DM rules in this case is fine by me. I suppose I should have written it a bit more clearly. DM, feel free to delete these three posts, or just replace them to the ooc topic. Or leave 'm be, what ever suits ya best :P))
    Last edited by Seribro; 2007-10-17 at 04:59 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

((How can I delete your posts? :p Anyways, Yeah, that got real complicated. I'm going to rule that you shot just a normal Orc because Honestly, if you shot the "preacher," the arrow would've bounced off harmlessly.

And before I make my Fluff post
    Nowhere Girl
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does that Teleport provoke Attacks of Opportunity's? And you are teleporting at the base of the Mast of the Other ship. Yeah, you can hide their.

Av by kpenguin ^_^

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by Siric View Post
    ((How can I delete your posts? :p Anyways, Yeah, that got real complicated. I'm going to rule that you shot just a normal Orc because Honestly, if you shot the "preacher," the arrow would've bounced off harmlessly.

And before I make my Fluff post
    Nowhere Girl
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does that Teleport provoke Attacks of Opportunity's? And you are teleporting at the base of the Mast of the Other ship. Yeah, you can hide their.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know, I wasn't sure about that either at first, as I'm still getting used to swordsages myself. But then I found it on page 39, under "Concentration," fourth paragraph: "You do not provoke attacks of opportunity when you initiate a manuever or stance unless its description explicitly says otherwise." Which nothing in Shadow Jaunt's description says you provoke an attack ... so no. It does go on to point out that if you do things other than initiating the manuever that may provoke AoOs, you still do unless the manuever explicitly states otherwise (for example, if I took a move action that passed through a threatened square before or after using the Shadow Jaunt, that move action would provoke an attack unless I tumbled to avoid it).

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

furious Re: Redemption IC

Thoven
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you can't understand Orcish, you have no idea what he's saying. Also, you don't know what the book says... although you're certain it isn't magical.

Nowhere Girl
    Spoiler
    Show
    You've poofed away, leaving the Orcs behind and confused. Back on the other ship, you can see that most of the Orcs on the deck are gone, but you do hear more clamoring from the stairs.

Mister Snow lets out another bolt, one that is quite ineffective. As he walks toward the loosely placed planks, he gets hit by two orcs, who deal a total of 15 damage.

The Fire continues it's rise up the sail, but the Preacher is unfazed.

The Paladin smashes another Orc, killing it. He yells out towards Mister Snow, "Hey, you dieing already?"

Dead Orcs: 6

Av by kpenguin ^_^

30. - Top - End - #60

Briefly, Seraphina steps from behind the cover of the mast, closing her eyes as she presses the forefinger and thumb of each of her hands together and then "pulls" a thin strand of shadowstuff from nowhere. Her eyes snap open, and she whirls and whips the strand up at the crow's nest, aiming for the throat of the preacher orc, before just as quickly flattening herself against the mast again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged touch attack (Shadow Garrote): (1d20+9)[21]

On a successful hit: damage (5d6+3)[22] (base Shadow Garrote damage plus Insightful Strike damage bonus -- it's not within 30 feet, so I didn't include sneak attack this time) and DC 16 Fortitude Save to avoid becoming flat-footed until the start of its next turn

Hide check: (1d20-3)[10] (applying the 20-point penalty for hiding after a single attack)

Stance should still be Assassin's Stance for now.

Edit: The above assumes Sera can get line-of-sight to the orc's neck from right at the base of the mast. If not, Sera will just ditch her cover and take a move action to get where she can do the attack (skipping the re-hide attempt).
    Last edited by Nowhere Girl; 2007-10-18 at 09:07 PM.