New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Realm of the Dead

Noj
    Striking deeply once more, The tall man attempts to bury the sword in the abomination and slice outwards with greater force!
    Spoiler
    Show

Noj smash! PA 2
    attack - (1d20+12)[15]
    damage - (1d20+16)[28]
    EDIT: Oops. Well, it's a miss anyways.
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2007-12-03 at 06:04 PM.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

After throwing the axe at "Jacob", Virmas attempts to grapple with the undead monstrosity-but is unable to move it even an inch.

Jacob strikes the creature with his newly acquired weapon but his blow is deflected by the creature's iron-hand skin.

Despite all her attempts, Suzette can neither topple the undead monster through leverage-it is far too strong and too large-nor fully lift it by strength alone. It must weigh a ton or more and despite her increased strength, Suzette can't lift that much yet.

Both Hellstar and Myriel blast the four-armed creature with magic, opening more holes while Noj hacks at it but gets his sword deflected by the creature's hide.

Surprisingly-or not so surprisingly given Alaeth's attempts-the second undead behemoth rushes into the first and they both roll away from the trapped sorceress. The insidious entrapment magic on Myriel is broken and she reverts immediately into gaseous form...

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

Oathbreaker/'Jacob'

"Well how do you like that?" Oathbreaker says to himself as he presses the attack. "This hurts me as much as it hurts you!"

Spoiler
    Show
    (I can't resist) Bluff (1d20+16)[35]

Smiling at his luck Oathbreaker attacks the one that was tackled, declaring it his dodge target (if it wasn't already). I don't care if I accidentally hit the other one btw.

Waraxe Attack! (1d20+11)[22]
    If it hits (1d10+10)[13]
    Last edited by Paladin Latham; 2007-12-06 at 02:00 PM.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Character for The Arena Tournament (reseve): Oathbreaker TGH
    Character for The Arena Tournament (reserve): Bloatsack the Vile
    Character for The Arena Tournament (reserve): Pin
    Character for The Grinder: Mr. Stabby

Arena Tournament Medals (courtesy of The_Chilli_God)

Arena Tournament. PvP. Forum Gaming. YES! GO!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hellstar

The impressive sight of one creature tackling the other unfolds before his eyes like some battle of the titans from time immemorial. Wow. is about all Hellstar can come up with for a moment as the ground shakes from a few tons of creature hitting it.

Connecting the dots, Hellstar turns to his right where Alaeth was still standing intently focused, and says, "You may have just won the day for us. Thank you."

Not wasting a second, Hellstar recharges his energies, repositions himself somewhat, and launches them at the more damaged of the two creatures. But heck, if it hits other one instead, that's fine too.

Spoiler
    Show
    Another EB.
    Attack - (1d20+8)[5](13) Ranged touch
    damage - (2d6)[3][2](5)

HP: 27/27
    AC, base/touch/flat-footed: 23 / 20 / 13, Dodge declared the weaker creature
    Effects: Mage Armor, Entropic Warding, All-Seeing Eyes

5. - Top - End - #335
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Suzette

Swept aside between the legs of the foe she was trying to lift - and quite happy that they shielded her from the impact - Suzette decides not to try to wriggle from underneath them. Instead, she plunges a hand inside one of the holes made by Hellstar and squeezes down on something mushy inside. It might not do much damage, but at least she gets a satisfying 'sshprtch'.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple Check - (1d20+11)[10](21) to do (1d8+7)[7](14) unarmed damage
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Alaeth

Alaeth mentally sighs with relief as Myriel reverts to a form better suited to escaping the creature, and her daze seems to have broken enough that she nods at Hellstar to acknowledge his thanks. Her apprehension, however, has not left her. I only hope the price is not too much...

Best to end this quickly. Alaeth pulls heat from the air once again, conjuring black flames that flicker about the enemy creature's body.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming that I don't need to continue concentration on the creature, here.

Fiery Blast, (2d6)[6] fire damage, Reflex DC 22 half. Since the target is Large, there ought to be an area I can target to avoid hitting the 'allied' creature and Suzette, if either is grappling it.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

Noj
    His yellow eye flaring, Noj wheels and tosses his stolen greatsword down the hall. With a sudden leap, he tries once more to wrest a weapon from the towering horror in front of him. The warmace, this time.
    Opposed attack roll - (1d20+14)[27]

8. - Top - End - #338
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Myriel

Enraged at being held down for so long, Myriel blasts the undead guardian still opposing them with eldritch might.
    Take that you museum of worms!

Spoiler
    Show

attack - (1d20+11)[9](20)
    damage - (2d6)[3][3](6)
    IM IN UR WIZARD SCHOOL STABBIN UR HORCRUXES

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

Virmas

Virmas joins in the grapple against one of the creatures, attempting to rip it apart.

Spoiler
    Show
    New grapple check. (1d20+6)[14]
    And then beating on it. Attack: (1d20+11)[22]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[6]
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

With the second undead horror having pinned down the first, it is not difficult for the group to tear it apart.

Jakob's blow nearly severs an arm and Suzette manages to plunge her hand into a wound and tear it wider. Noj, realising he could easily take the warmace once the four-armed creature is dead, slams a fist at the creature's head with all his might, flattening it. Alaeth, hellstar and Myriel finish the job by burning holes into the undead being's torso until the corpse is too mangled for the animating energies to work.

The first undead behemoth moves no more, the second is under Alaeth's control. The fight has taken less than a minute and the group has overcome a pair of powerful guardians, doing in a count of forty what a small army of human fighters could never accomplish. You are beginning to realise the true extent of the power undeath has given you and, having explored your abilities now it registers that, for the price of blood or death paid daily for the rest of your lives, you're as strong as a dozen men each and have a chance at immortality. A sense of power mingled with horror at what you have become tells you you've only seen the beginning of your new "lives".

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Orc in the Playground

Oathbreaker/'Jacob'

"Hey do you guys mind if I use these?" He hefts both Warmaces (despite their size and weight) with ease and takes a stance "I kind of developed a style with these things. When I trained in the north."

In his mind: Maybe we can do this. Maybe we'll get out of here in one piece... but what then. Forever is a long time without the sun. I kinda want to live again...

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff (1d20+16)[17]

He isn't lying about the style. He's lying about where he learned it.
    Last edited by Paladin Latham; 2007-12-19 at 03:53 AM.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #342
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Suzette

...and a satisfying 'sshprtch' it was. Throwing the leftover bits left and right, Suzette getsup from underneath her opponent. "So," she thinks, "this thing was too heavy. I am like a toddler in this new body, learning what I can and cannot do. If I am to fully make use of my new strengths, I'll have to experiment with them." With that, she solemnly decides to lift and push and drag at every opportunity until she gets a good feel for her power again.

"Let's see what else they have devised to keep us penned in."

She walks over to the right door and attempts to open it.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Myriel

The sorceress turns to her sister with gratitude, something one would not expect from the sorceress normally-but Myriel's relationship with her sister Alaeth is not what one would describe as normal.

Thanks, sis. I didn't know you had skill in necromancy though. Maybe I'm a bad influence.
    Last edited by Ramos; 2007-12-19 at 04:47 AM.
    IM IN UR WIZARD SCHOOL STABBIN UR HORCRUXES

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Virmas

Virmas nods to the fallen bodies. "Better you guys than me."

He then looks over to the others. "I just need one of those weapons, you mind? I don't care what one."
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

Noj
    Noj looks at the tangled visceral mess of the undead at his feet and shudders like a man whose muscles reversed upon themselves.
    Only my mind keeps me from being them...is that going to rot away too?
    Quietly, Noj picks up the greatsword from the ground and begins hacking savagely at the corpse, his yellow eye flaring as he carves away rotted flesh.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hellstar

Purely out of habit Hellstar exhales a sigh of relief, but quickly realizes that such things are rather fruitless when you're already dead. Still, it gives him some comfort to think of himself as a alive, if just for a moment. That's what separates us from them, he thinks.

Brushing himself off, he wholly ignores the weaponry dropped by the monstrosities and attempts to open the doors at the end of the room. Jacob's comment sounds a bit fishy, though ...

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive on Jacob to detect the lie.
    Sense Motive - (1d20+14)[2](16)

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

Noj
    His vindictive butchery accomplished, Noj hefts the greatsword over his shoulder and wordlessly makes for the door..

18. - Top - End - #348
    Orc in the Playground

Oathbreaker/'Jacob'

Oathbreaker hurries to Noz's side and, with both Warmaces accross one shoulder, he asks "So Noz, what did you do before all this? Where are you from? Got little bandaged babies waiting for you to come back home? We've braved danger together, and you seem like a total badass, were you heavy infantry? A mercenary?

In his head -> I'm SO HUNGRY!! Where are the ladies around here? ... a winter blanket would be good too"
    Last edited by Paladin Latham; 2007-12-25 at 01:38 AM.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

Noj
    A horrific shudder wracks Noj's body, and he doubles over, a large blackened hand held over his face. A pause, and then the gaunt scarecrow of a man straightens up.
    "Eliza..." he whispers to himself, the sound like the scrape of a papery diaphragm. Noj is silent again for a few seconds and then he laughs, the sound as unexpected as a curse in a cathedral.
    "Ha ha ha...Poor Jon the Miller, ground away by the cruel grindstone of life. But what came up from the flour? What rose with the bloody yeast of ritual? Heh-heh." His hand moves to extract something from the tatters of his clothing; the notebook gathered from the hall of crystal balls.
    "Heh. Here's the recipe for it, too! Ingredients: one life. Heh-he. But make it up and you take one step back from the miller; you get a Reaper instead!" With a lightning-fast motion, Noj stabs his looted greatsword forward.
    "You reap what you sow, but in Thay, what grows up reaps you! Hah-ha. ha." His paroxysm of mirth exhausted, Noj settles the sword back on his shoulder, puts the diary away and glares at Jacob with a luminous yellow eye.
    "You bastard,"he intones, with a voice deep and raspy.
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2007-12-25 at 11:58 AM.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Orc in the Playground

Oathbreaker/'Jacob'

Oathbreaker shruggs "You know, you're not the first person to say so. Guess I just rub people the wrong way. Whatever."

Flashback Time! Its a long one. hope you like it:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Did you really have to do that Percy?" The robed humanoid said with uncharacteristic ire to the young man before him, one covered from head to toe in ash and blood... and feathers. "You are an Initiate of the Order of Enlightenment, an example for all to follow in times of need! Why did you burn down the town! Could it not be saved?!?" The young man called 'Percy' looked unabashed and began to explain "When I got there, half of them had the plague already, with the other half paranoid out of their senses. I tried to talk to them but they threw blankets and clothes covered with blood at me! If I didn't attack them I would have died!". You had initiate Trell with you, his faith in Tyr was strong enough to have cured you a dozen times over! Why is his corpse dangling from the well!?!" With a look of guilt the young man started "Well...Well you see he figured it was started by some mage or other right? But I knew it was a demon, had to be really. No profit to be had or credit claimed, no witnesses, just killing folk. Well, that and she kind of seduced me the night before and admitted it afterward, If you know what I mean.". The last of this said with a smirk and a nudge. Rolling his eyes, his master prompted "and this has to do with Trell's fate how?. "I was getting to that. So anyway he goes on and on about finding the heathen and smiting and all that Clerical stuff and then he starts rubbing up to me VERY friendly like."
    What!?!
    "Oh yeah, you heard me right. Hitting on me. Turns out the chick was some kind of possessing demon, talked right through him, in and out like. One minute him, another her. I tried to convince him that she was inside him but he was all 'I'm too pure to be possessed' and 'you are FAR more tainted than I'. Gods he was an arrogant bastard, so I killed him while his back was turned and hung him up so she couldn't animate his corpse and make it walk and taunt me or anything...In an alley...or the hospital." Easily catching the last lie his master replied "You killed him just because he argued with you?!?" The young man quickly replied "Nope. Demonic possession, had to be done. Twice. Or three times in this case.". Shaking off the immediate assumption of foul play his master continues "And the town? Why did you burn it down?" Percy scratched his head and said "Well, she could have been lying but she said something about 'the very stones of the town would poison their hearts and minds' so I figured 'destroy the buildings, save the town'. Luckily the oil storage warehouse was on the top of a hill in the center of town. I didn't notice the graineries nearby until, well, I'm sure you saw the explosion too. heh heh boom." "Unecessary, but a viable alternative since you do not wield magic. Maybe. But what of the demon? Why did you not try to kill her instead of kill DOZENS of villagers and DESTROY THEIR HOMES!?!" "Well...Um...she was pretty tough you see...and hot...I didn't stand a chance". His master spread his arms in exasperation before asking "So what happened, you ran from her and left her to prey on the innocents of this villiage! Did you betray your promise, our cause!?!". The young man picked his words carefully "No. I encountered her a lot, in one form or another, after the explosion she appeared over me (I was knocked flat by the blast you see) she just kind of looks around and says 'you were more entertaining than I could have hoped, perhaps I should reward you for what you have done for me, what do you think?'. So she leaned down to kiss me and the next thing I remember I'm waking up at the edge of town naked, and you have my oath, thats how it all happened. She was gone though, has to be. Nothing left to ruin..."
    "And all the chickens from the farm houses?"
    "Heh heh... O.K. you got me there, I couldn't help it. Did you see how they flew around and covered everything with feathers? Hilarious!"
    For the first time in a decade his master, usually so serene, looked ready to explode with frustration and anger"Yes Percy, I saw. You may return to the monestary to await your punishment."
    Unable to contain his frustration with his student the master uttered "You bastard"
    The departing youth shrugged "whatever."
    Last edited by Paladin Latham; 2007-12-28 at 05:39 AM.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Alaeth

Alaeth nods acknowledgement of her sister's thanks, but she doesn't look away from the four-armed beast still standing, nor does she smile as she usually would at the quip. "It is the body, I think," she says softly, as if thinking aloud, but her mind isn't on what she's saying. "It has... an affinity for such magic." Is it too dangerous to control? Dangerous—yes, certainly. We could destroy the body, I think... but the consequences of that might be worse for us.

And it will be useful until we are free, in any case. Perhaps then. She realizes she's been staring at the thing for almost half a minute, lips slightly parted, and stops, chagrined at her lack of control. At least I wasn't muttering under my breath. Her mind made up, she strides briskly towards the others at the door, outwardly confident once more. With a mental command, the creature follows. "Well?" she calls. "Will the doors open?"
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

It is not the DM that's the problem. It is the boards that refuse to log me in or even load the pages 9 times out of 10.

Since I want to continue this game-and seeing a need for future games as well-I opened up my onw tiny PbP boards. If you want to continue the game-and any other games I may open up in the future that have trouble running here due to overpopulation-you can go here:

http://forum.freeboards.net/index.ph...um=worldwalker

Due to the problems of the board, I may or may not be able to PM you. Just in case, forward the above link to others if you don't see them in the other board.