I read books.. lol
and in these amazing stories I often see things I like in the storys. Often i find myself trying to figure out a way to implement these tid-bits into my D&D.

Here is what I am talking about:

In Jim Butcher's "Codex Alera" series every human has some sort of elemental like being called a fury that they are bonded to. The relationship allows most people to accomplish feats of magic.

In Philip Pullman series "His Dark Materials" humans are born bound with a creature called a dæmon. The bond is so strong in the human that a break in that bond drastically reduces the person's creativity, intelligence, and psychological will.

in Brandon Sanderson's series "The Stormlight Archive" beings can bond with "Spren" allowing them to utilize Stormlight. These are called a Surgebinder (mages)

in another of his stories "Warbreaker" people are born with one breath, they can trade this breath and are able to poses the breaths of others. By using the breaths (which is nearly currency) the people can do some rather amazing things. The truely powerful have hundreds of breaths. Items can be imbued with breath... it took a thousand breaths to make a sentient weapon called Nightblood...

these are all systems that enhance. They do not define their people like a CLASS, however some people in these stories they do nothing but use their enhancements as their main source of power.

such as in the Codex Alera people are able to bind more than one fury thus enhancing themselves differently. The truly powerful nobility can use their bond to do amazing things like fly and fling fire. People do not say.. well, I am a level 5 woodcrafter and a level 3 windfinder. They were cobblers and blacksmiths who used their furies to enhance their every day life.

So the obvious solution is to make new classes. However I feel classes are the PC's defining role, where as i see this yet to be named magic system as a enhancement to their PC's. So the next best Idea would be to just introduce feats. To become truly exceptional in this side magic system it would cause the PC to weaken themselves gathering feats. Which would weaken the characters overall performance.

Then acquisition incorporated came out. The corporation / Business ranking system does resemble this a spark of an idea I have.

what I need is just people to converse with, so that we can bounce ideas off each other and grow this into a system that fits snugly along 5e without drastically altering the rule systems.