The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Brittany Runs A Marathon

Early this morning I saw the movie Brittany Runs A Marathon and I'm going to tell you my thoughts of the movie and before I begin discussing my review I'm going to say that my opinion is my opinion only As I always discussed all my movie review you're free to disagree with me whatever I like the movie or not. Don't attack me for disliking my opinion and always respect my opinion as I always respected your opinion. Thank you.

Spoiler: My Thoughts On Brittany Runs A Marathon
    Show
    This comedy-drama movie is based on a true story. It's about a hard party girl named Brittany who has a startling wake-up call that she went to her doctor telling her that she's unhealthy. So she motivated by losing her weight to completed in the New York City Marathon. This movie shows the determination of a woman who wants to lose weight and to stay fit. This movie is very funny and at the same thing dramatic as well. I even cry when she finished her first marathon. I can relate to this movie because I wanted to lose weight as well but it's a perfect movie which is Oscar-worthy in my opinion. So I'll give this movie 5 out of 5 stars for a perfect movie.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Brittany Runs A Marathon

I caught it myself. I personally thought it was a self-congratulatory and rather unrealistic mess (her world somehow shapes around her needs and plans, for good and bad), but ultimately you can't deny it had its heart in the right place.

It certainly seems to be making a shot for some awards, but I don't think it deserves it. Not that deserving an award has any bearing on receiving one, these days :P

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    I caught it myself. I personally thought it was a self-congratulatory and rather unrealistic mess (her world somehow shapes around her needs and plans, for good and bad), but ultimately you can't deny it had its heart in the right place.

It certainly seems to be making a shot for some awards, but I don't think it deserves it. Not that deserving an award has any bearing on receiving one, these days :P
    I understand that and I respect your opinion. That movie really move me about losing weight and stuff.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Not that deserving an award has any bearing on receiving one, these days :P
    These days? I know everyone loves rose-tinting the past, but I'm afraid this is an issue as old as awards themselves. Citizen Kane did not win Best Motion Picture (it lost to How Green was my Valley, so fair enough, but still). Goodfellas was beaten by Rain Man. Whoopie Goldberg didn't win for the Colour Purple. Stanley Kubrick never won an Academy Award. Alfred Hitchcock was never even nominated for one.

The Beatles' Abbey Road lost to Blood, Sweat & Tears.

They say that the only list of films more prestigious than the ones that have won the Palme d'Or at Cannes, is the lost of those that did not win.

I mean, Sophocles didn't even win best play the year he premiered Oedipus Rex in 429 BC.

These days, as all the days "deserve' is a very, very subjective quality. And deciding 'deserving' based on voting is even more so.
    Tarot-Mage-atar by Cuthalion, may their updates be ever-compatible.

If you need me to address something as a moderator, please include a link.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by truemane View Post
    These days? I know everyone loves rose-tinting the past, but I'm afraid this is an issue as old as awards themselves. Citizen Kane did not win Best Motion Picture (it lost to How Green was my Valley, so fair enough, but still). Goodfellas was beaten by Rain Man. Whoopie Goldberg didn't win for the Colour Purple. Stanley Kubrick never won an Academy Award. Alfred Hitchcock was never even nominated for one.

The Beatles' Abbey Road lost to Blood, Sweat & Tears.

They say that the only list of films more prestigious than the ones that have won the Palme d'Or at Cannes, is the lost of those that did not win.

I mean, Sophocles didn't even win best play the year he premiered Oedipus Rex in 429 BC.

These days, as all the days "deserve' is a very, very subjective quality. And deciding 'deserving' based on voting is even more so.
    All of these movies are great but still there always going to be favouritism in the Oscars.