The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Carrion Crown Recruitment

So I'm still kinda recovering from my back surgery, but I was able to get the bare bones of my Duskwalker Gunslinger statted up. The general idea I'm going for is the mysterious stranger trope. Why so mysterious? Well, he has amnesia. Only a few short years ago, he awoke buried in a box in the ground with everything he has. He clawed his way out, and stumbled to the nearest bastion of civilization, Lepidstadt. While there word of his mysterious origins reached those at the university and he was apprehended and brought there for further study. Duskwalkers are a rare thing indeed and the chance to examine one was too alluring to a member of the faculty. Debate as to whether this one was an aberration, having appeared as an adult, or whether he had previous life experiences and was simply suffering from amnesia quickly flooded the school. Professor Petros Lorrimor heard of the Duskwalkers arrival and sought to make sure that he was treated humanely. Instead of keeping him caged and examined against his will, Lorrimor explained his colleagues curiosity and made friends. By studying him the professor sought to learn more of Duskwalkers and in exchange he sought to enlighten the Duskwalker about his nature, about Pharasma, and about the purpose of his kind.

In game terms, he's a ranged striker with a focus on identifying and destroying undead.

I'll work on his backstory when I'm a little less loopy from the pain meds.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alright, finished with Kuzit's backstory!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Player Character Race & Class Finished?
    Zero Prime Augustin Mikhail Luna Human Barbarian Yes
    u-b Ebert Malkovich Human Unchained Summoner Yes
    rs2excelsior Tobias Finch Human Investigator Crunch
    ChaoticHarmony Warren Holite Aasimar Paladin Yes?
    Bapsplingo Milly Ver-Shadeh Aasimar Spiritualist Yes
    Ryton Tyreza Thoron Half-Drow Witch Yes
    steinulfr Kara Dhampir Sorcerer Yes
    Syless Kuzit Anav and Aktathk Kobold Druid Almost
    BramsesII Maronne Greenleaf Halfling Bard Crunch
    Ionbound Julia Meyer Human Magus Yes

Julia is done and added to the table!
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2019-09-11 at 01:42 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by infomatic View Post
    Pretty sure that spiritualist PC can channel, at least offensively, fwiw. But this sounds like the sort of path that could easily use multiple options of that sort.
    I am not familiar with the occult classes whatsoever, never really tickled my fancy tbh. From what I've read spiritualists are a reskinned summoner so I am still apply with my halfling life oracle:

Lily Jenkins wannabe shadowhunter extraordinaire
    Blarg...

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Just letting you know for the table, Kara is done including fluff.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

I wrote an original urban fantasy series. You can read it for free at http://emrysvaughn.com/

I'm currently writing an epic fantasy series, which you can read for free at http://www.brokenlandserial.com/

Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by infomatic View Post
    Pretty sure that spiritualist PC can channel, at least offensively, fwiw. But this sounds like the sort of path that could easily use multiple options of that sort.
    Yeah, Milly can channel positive energy as a cleric of her level, but it's not really the focus, yeah.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Okay, after a long and exhausting day of work- I am allowing myself to breathe. So far, everyone's characters are looking very nice, and this will be a hard choice.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Alright. Currently working on fluff, hoping to finish it tonight.

Zero Prime Augustin Mikhail Luna (Backstory) Human Barbarian Yes
    rs2excelsior Tobias Finch Human Investigator Crunch
    ChaoticHarmony Warren Holite Aasimar Paladin Yes
    Ryton Tyreza Thoron Human Witch Yes
    steinulfr Kara al-Shirin Dhampir Sorcerer Yes
    Syless Kuzit Anav and Aktathk Kobold Druid Yes
    BramsesII Maronne Greenleaf Halfling Bard Yes
    Cat'sPyjamas Tafani Cezrax Rogue No link yet
    Thunder999 Rimiard Istok Human Inquisitor Yes
    infomatic Fatima Eisen Human Alchemist Yes
    Shub-Niggurath Graves Duskwalker Gunslinger Crunch
    Morbis Meh Lily Jenkins Halfling Oracle Crunch

Yeesh... That's a serious list. I don't envy the gm having to choose 5 players from this list.

Also, let me know if anything's wrong about the list and I can correct it.
    Last edited by BramsesII; 2019-09-11 at 04:28 PM.
    Characters in play:

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Like I mentioned, Kara is finished now, not just crunch.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

I wrote an original urban fantasy series. You can read it for free at http://emrysvaughn.com/

I'm currently writing an epic fantasy series, which you can read for free at http://www.brokenlandserial.com/

Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Oops, sorry. I missed that one. Long list of posts. My apologies.

On another note, Maronne is finished, as she also has a backstory now. And yes, she is a certified oozologist which makes her an expert in many things jelly.
    Characters in play:

11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground

@BramsesII any chance you could change the link to point at the actual GitP post, http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...1&postcount=21 so that History, Personality & Motivations are there. I didn't post those into the Mythweaver sheet because I hate the formatting on the sheet, it doesn't make for easy reading.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Done. And that's actually a good idea. I'ma do the same thing.

Spoiler: Maronne Greenleaf
    Show
    Spoiler: Image & Link
    Show

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Maronne is a cheerful looking halfling with an inquisitive glint in her grey-blue eyes. Her shoulder-length straw-blond hair is usually hanging loose; she'll only tie it into a crude tail when engaged in very physical activity, or when reading old, musty tomes. It'd just get in the way then. She's armed with sword and bow and armored with a studded leather armor and buckler, but she doesn't seem very comfortable with these items. She's far more at ease when unarmed and unarmored.

She appears to be a cheerful, open person, often with a friendly smile on her face. Aside from weapons and armor she carries around quite a hefty backpack for someone her size. It contains all her precious writing supplies as well as her prized journal with many of the notes taken in the field. There is never a time to not study the local fauna. Also, she speaks a surprising amount of languages.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Maronne is a gentle soul with a curious bend. She'll pitch in wherever she can, helping out people with all sorts of activities. That is, when she's not absorbed in a particularly interesting tome. Her favourite field of study is strange beings, be they undead, unnatural or completely alien. She specializes in oozes, though, having written two serious treatises on them.

When there's no studying to be done, she can probably be found in a nearby tavern having a drink with friends. And she'll try to keep up with everyone, even if it's clear she has totally no business doing so.

Spoiler: Character traits and flaws
    Show
    Traits:
    Helpful
    Inquisitive
    Perceptive

Flaws:
    Likes drinking; perhaps a little too much
    Too helpful for her own good sometimes. Why else would you travel through very dangerous terrain all the way from Andoran to Ustalav?

Spoiler: Contacts
    Show
    Dala Dog-Face - Childhood friend. A far more adventurous type who accompanied Maronne on her only real field study near Riverford. Also accompanied Maronne on the first leg of her journey from Highhelm to Kerse.

Senefer Nisha - Trader on the caravan that took Maronne from Kerse to Vigil.

Wynna - Songstress who often frequented the family inn in Augustana. Her stories set Maronne on the path to becoming an academic.

Petros Lorrimor - Her professor sometime in the past. Deceased.

Spoiler: Story
    Show
    You want to know about me? Alright. Order two ales and we can sit and talk. You'd best order something for yourself too. Haha.

Seriously though. I'm Maronne Greenleaf, certified Oozologist. I'm the daughter of Waldo and Myrtle, and the sister of Gryffen and Ywain. That's not really the interesting part. I grew up in Augustana, spending a lot of time with my brothers on the streets while my parents worked odd jobs to save up the funds to start an inn. They eventually managed to do so, which meant less time on the streets and more working in the inn. It's there that I met Wynna. She was a songstress with a huge collection of songs and stories about all kinds of strange monsters, which eventually inspired me to read and learn about them. I guess that's what set me on the path to becoming who I am now.

I eventually went to live in Almas for a few years to study. It's there that I got to know professor Lorrimor after one of his lectures. It was a most interesting lecture on use of undead troops in various historical battles. We got to talking after his lecture and we spoke at length about the nature of the undead, as well as my then-favorite subject: the reproductive cycle of whip jelly, specifically a sub-species that only appears in Andoran. He even helped me with a small revision on my paper on that very subject. Oh, and he told me to go out into the field to study them. That was quite the adventure me and my friend Dala had there. I'll not bore you with the details though.

I was sad to hear about the Professor's death, and I really couldn't say no to a private invitation. I was sort of in the middle of extensive research into various types of hauntings when I got the invitation. Which was fortunate, because I was in Highhelm at the time to study some ancient tome there. Together with my friend Dala I travelled along the river all the way from Highhelm to Kerse. From there, I booked passage with a caravan bound for Vigil. First with a boat across lake Encarthan, then further along the road from Vellumis to Vigil. With a few adventurers I then crossed the border into Ustalav and travelled all the way here. The last leg of the journey was terrifying but ultimately uneventful. Fortunately. These parts are dangerous, or so I heard.
    Characters in play:

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

How does the “witchborn” racial trait interact with the variant changling subraces?

For example, Dreamthief-Born Changeling by default get +2 str, +2 cha, -2 wis. Would a Witchborn Dreamthief get +2 int, +2 cha, -2 wis?
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zhentarim View Post
    How does the “witchborn” racial trait interact with the variant changling subraces?

For example, Dreamthief-Born Changeling by default get +2 str, +2 cha, -2 wis. Would a Witchborn Dreamthief get +2 int, +2 cha, -2 wis?
    It wouldn't work for a Dreamthief Changeling. It only functions for the typical Changeling, which is why it says "They gain a +2 bonus to Intelligence and Charisma instead of a +2 bonus to Wisdom and Charisma. This racial trait alters the changeling’s racial ability score modifiers." If they're not getting a +2 bonus to Wisdom and Charisma they can't get something instead of it.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Final submission done:

Spoiler: Tobias Finch
    Show
    Tobias Finch
    Human Investigator (Steel Hound)

Show
    Tobias is rather unassuming-looking, just shorter than average and of moderate build, but surprisingly quick and confident in his motion. He has short, black hair, which is usually unkempt, and often seems lost in thought about something.

Show
    Tobias is generally quiet and reserved, not generally being very open about what led him to come to Lepidstadt University or to his adventures afterwards. In fact, Professor Lorrimor was the only person he ever told about his sister. He is slow to trust but fiercely loyal--he hasn't become particularly close to anyone he's adventured with before, but he fears someone else dying on his watch above all else.

Spoiler: Traits/Flaws
    Show
    Black Powder Fortune: +2 vs Fear, Curse, Emotion effects when wielding a firearm
    Analytical: +1 to Knowledge checks when taking 10
    Subject of Study: +1 damage vs Undead

Helpless: become dazed until start of next turn the first time each encounter that an ally becomes unconscious or dies due to an attack

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    I was never supposed to be the hero. She was.

My little sister, Catherine, was always the adventurous child. She was the one dragging me away from my books to come and play. I had taken an early interest in history, and so we'd recreate the adventures of the heroes of old. She had been born with an odd birthmark on the back of her hand, and was waiting for the day some latent magical power would awaken within her, when she would leave home and make a name for herself. As it turned out, that was not to be. I watched helplessly as she was dragged away by some sort of creature the day after her fifteenth birthday. The mark wasn't a sign of latent magic; it was the mark of a centuries-old debt an ancestor of our family owed to this being. She had been collected as "payment."

My parents were distraught. I retreated into my studies, became more distant, and eventually left home. I probably should have been there for them, but I had retreated into my grief, pressing it below the surface and refusing to let it show. I enrolled in the Lepidstadt University and launched into my studies with vigor, but it wasn't enough to push Catherine's memory out of my mind--I felt I should do something, anything I could, to bring her back--or at least find out what had happened and put her to rest. Professor Lorrimor took notice of me and my line of investigation, and eventually I opened up and told him what had happened. He was supportive, helping narrow down theories as to what might have taken her and even bringing me along on a couple of his expeditions--I learned to make practical use of the alchemical skills I'd learned at University, and became pretty good at avoiding and disabling traps. I realized I'd become the adventurer she always wanted to be--the realization was bitter, but I embraced the new persona.

Now, a few years after I graduated and have been off on my own, Professor Lorrimor has died. I returned home to Usalav, wondering if the old professor had any last bit of wisdom to pass down, or at least to honor his memory--it was the least I could do for the man who set me on the path to actually do something about Catherine's disappearance.

Note: I have a non-functional pistol in my inventory. The Steel Hound archetype gives a battered firearm like the Gunslinger, but at 2nd level. I'm choosing to fluff that as being a old family pistol which doesn't work that he's been tinkering with. At 2nd level he'll get it back in working order and that will be the "free" firearm he gets. Until then it'll sit in his backpack.
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Sheet done. Here's Ylenia Estrada, human rogue, to add to the mix.
    Coach, owner, manager, and gentleman of Hellbug's Heroes, GITP Blood Bowl Season II and III Cup Runners Up.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Updated list:

Zero Prime Augustin Mikhail Luna (Backstory) Human Barbarian Yes
    rs2excelsior Tobias Finch (Backstory) Human Investigator Yes
    ChaoticHarmony Warren Holite Aasimar Paladin Yes
    Ryton Tyreza Thoron Human Witch Yes
    steinulfr Kara al-Shirin Dhampir Sorcerer Yes
    Syless Kuzit Anav and Aktathk Kobold Druid Yes
    BramsesII Maronne Greenleaf (Backstory) Halfling Bard Yes
    Cat'sPyjamas Tafani Cezrax Human Rogue Yes
    Thunder999 Rimiard Istok Human Inquisitor Yes
    infomatic Fatima Eisen Human Alchemist Yes
    Shub-Niggurath Graves Duskwalker Gunslinger Crunch
    Morbis Meh Lily Jenkins Halfling Oracle Crunch
    The Hellbug Ylenia Estrada Human Rogue Yes
    PhyrexianShovel Talkinn Gorum Dwarven Cleric Yes
    Again, let me know if I missed anything.
    Last edited by BramsesII; 2019-09-14 at 01:49 PM.
    Characters in play:

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, thank you @Sporeegg. In my new desperation (and addiction to wish granting forums,) I am just going to put my sheet ID in hopes that our GM can access it when they are able.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

That works. Link is in the list.
    Characters in play:

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shub-Niggurath View Post
    It wouldn't work for a Dreamthief Changeling. It only functions for the typical Changeling, which is why it says "They gain a +2 bonus to Intelligence and Charisma instead of a +2 bonus to Wisdom and Charisma. This racial trait alters the changeling’s racial ability score modifiers." If they're not getting a +2 bonus to Wisdom and Charisma they can't get something instead of it.
    Ok, well, I’ll be an Ash-Born changeling then. I’ll take Blackened as my primary curse and aged as my secondary curse. I just wanted to be venerable without taking as heavy of a penalty to my physical scores. Being treated as old rather than venerable helps, as I’d rather have a -5 to constitution rather than a -8 to constitution. I can pointbuy that to 10.

My dexterity and strength will be 4 each though.
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

I think I'll try to make it under the deadline tonight. edit: ah,shoot, I can't post links yet. go to mythweavers, then add this /sheet.html#id=2010033
    Meet Talkinn Gorunn, dwarf priest of Abadar. I'll start writing up the fluff, hopefully I can get it done .
    edit 2:
    Spoiler: Talkinn Gorunn
    Show
    Show
    Talkinn wears simple cleric’s clothes and a grungy backpack, attempting to hide his silver symbol beneath his vestments and his money and gear deep inside his backpack, to prevent himself from being robbed by “the type of people that live in this kinda’ backwater”. His beard holds grey hairs already, even though he’s not very old for a dwarf, and his hair is a dull brown. His eyes, however, contain a slight golden gleam, and are youthful and full of energy.

Show
    Talkinn is brash, loud, and often perceived as a common soldier by the nobility when he’s not attempting to be one of them. However, he is a canny negotiator, and can easily transition to being an “upper class citizen”. He is able to motivate both the common folk and the nobility to be interested in whatever he needs them to be, but will not go against their best interests in this way unless it is absolutely necessary. He carries a sense of fairness in his heart, and does his best to make sure that every deal he negotiates is fair for both parties(but maybe a little more fair for him ).

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    So, you want to hear about me, eh? Well, settle down and hava seat, cause it’ll be a long story. My parents, Grunyar and Incua, they raised me in a small town, witha bucha humans livin’ there. I started work at the town guard, while runnin a bit ofa side business, sellin’ my father’s wares (he was a blacksmith). I always haggled them to the right price, and soon, a man came up to me, offerin’ a job at his shop, sellin’ pottery and jewlery. I took it, and found meself risin’ in power and wealth. Eventually, I chose to join the church of Abadar, after I had moved out to the richer cities. I decided to travel a lot, to learn the Inner Sea area of Golarion well. I visited everywhere from Cheliax to Osiron to Ustalav-

Wait, you want to hear about Lorrimor? How didya find out about him? Well, a’right, I spent quite a bit of time wit’ him. We worked together for 2 years on researching the history of Ustalav, but I can’t quite remember what we were researchin’. I normally don’t work on research projects, ‘specially for that long, but he paid me a good amount, and I was runnin’ low on funds. I remember that we got very close, but someone broke in, and I could barely defend myself then. Lorrimor saved my life, killin’ the man- How did he kill him? I don’t remember, it was 15 years ago! Anyway, the man turned out to be a cultist of the- Hmmm, what was it, something about Whisperin’- Ah, the Whisperin’ Trees. Anyway, I offered the man a bit of money for savin' my life, as thanks. Untill recently, I hadn’t heard a peep from him, right up ‘till he died. I was asked to come to his funeral, an’ there was some mention of “goin’ on an adventure” and “fulfillin’ his last wishes”-

What, you want to know what else the letter said? Darn, you ask too many questions, and I have important business I need to attend to. Bye!

The nerve of that peasant, asking me about my personal life. I wonder if he was sent by my rivals in the merchant's guild, in an attempt to defame me. I suppose I shall see, once I return from this backwater. Ustalav is positively creepy. I ought to have ignored the professor's daughter's letter, but I must get that black mark off my record. That day 15 years ago- no! I should not think about it. It will all be over soon, anyway, one way or another.

Spoiler: The Truth:
    Show
    Talkinn wants power in the church, and will do anything to get it within his morals. To that end, he began travelling 30 years ago, to attempt to spread Abadar's faith. However, he was not very successful, and only got by through the kindness of others and doing odd jobs. After coming back, he needed a lot more money to make the journey through Ustalav to his hometown. He decided to stop in Lepidstadt, and took on the job of working as the professor's research assistant. It was only for about half a year, but after being grievously injured in the break in, and owing the professor his life, he decided to stay while his bleeding healed. He needed to earn enough money to afford a regeneration of his arm. After working with the professor for a while, he was finally able to return home, and used his reputation to gain more power, and became decently wealthy. Unfortunately for him, he left most of his wealth back in the city, bringing with him only essential items for traveling, as he believes he'll only be away for a short while. The black mark he's referring to is the fact that the professor and his daughter know enough about him to know he didn't convert thousands. While the rest of the people he met in Lepidstadt didn't know him well enough or wouldn't be able to travel far enough, the professor did.

Finished! If you have any issues getting the character sheet, let me know and I'll try to get it in another form, like screenshots or something.
    edit 3: I just realized that I should add a bit of a disclaimer here: I won't change anything major, but I may change one or two things mechanically, as well as probably add a bit more, such as why Talkinn didn't want to go any further (I promise it's nothing major), and some other details, maybe adding more possible people Talkinn has met in his travels, why he started travelling, his hometown and the big city he moved into after leaving home, etc(I have way too many ideas for this character) this weekend. I Decided to go with on the payroll instead of making good on promises. It changes practically nothing, and it makes sense for a priest of Abadar to be a bit richer anyway. I also got myself some equipment to go with the whole "being rich" thing: a noble's outfit and a signet ring.
    edit 4: finished completely with the backstory essentials. I'm intentionally not going to flesh out the other details, but if the GM wants my character to know a particular character, that's always available. I also probably know Lepidstadt well enough, if we end up visiting there. If anyone wants to establish character connections (as in, our characters knowing each other), I'm open to that as well.
    Last edited by PhyrexianShovel; 2019-09-17 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Finished character!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

I have been swamped at work and won’t be free till tomorrow. I won’t finish unless I can work on my character saturday.
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Firbolg in the Playground

I can't perceive to create a character in time. Inspiration hasn't struck yet, and the more I see about the wood wizard the less I want to play it. Sorry.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Updated the list. @PhyrexianShovel your sheet is probably set to private because I can't see it. You may want to remedy that.
    Characters in play:

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BramsesII View Post
    Updated the list. @PhyrexianShovel your sheet is probably set to private because I can't see it. You may want to remedy that.
    Right, sorry about that. Fixed it.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Wait. When was the deadline again?
    Characters in play:

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Seeming
    @Bapsplingo Thanks for confirming with me. Your sheet looks complete to me!
    @Zhentarim I'm conflicted here, but I will allow it because I've used it before so I at least kind of understand it.
    @steinulfr By the time you're fifth level you'll be more powerful- I don't tend to focus on powergaming too much, so feel free to go with what is appropriate to your character.
    @BramsesII I'd likely rule it as a free action if it were a light load, move for medium, and a standard action for a heavy one. Thanks for the table, I was just getting to that.

New applications are still coming in- but I think I am going to set a soft deadline of Thursday, September, 12th.
    Quote Originally Posted by BramsesII View Post
    Wait. When was the deadline again?
    I believe it was stated to be sebtember 12th, on pg. 2(of the thread). The problem is that September 12th was 3 days ago.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

So, what's happening with this?

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

I think it's rather dead. We could post a search for new DM (maybe after a few more days to give Seeming more time to properly close the deal one way or another), but given that people fail to find DM even for Crypt of the Everflame, of all things, the prospects are not very promising. Still worth a try given the quantity and quality of characters submitted.
    Last edited by u-b; 2019-09-18 at 10:22 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

I would be willing to try my hand at GMing for this adventure path. However, I'm pretty new to GMing Pathfinder, having only started another group about a month ago. If someone more experienced steps up, that would probably be better.