The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Dark Heresy] Semi-Serious One Shot Recruitment, 4-5 Players

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Edit: @Dalinale
    Forgot to ask - I'm a bit unclear on the Scum Income rules. In your interpretation of the rules, does a Scum character roll a new source of income every month, or do they get their income from the same source forever more. And is the variable part of the income rolled just once or does it get re-rolled every month, even if the source of the income is the same?
    Scum roll on the income table every rank (three rolls at Rank 3, ect) and roll for income each month for each individual income source.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Looks like Psykers get a stipend of 70 thrones/month. That plus starting amount lets me buy some useful tools. Should be done with purchases now.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    Scum roll on the income table every rank (three rolls at Rank 3, ect) and roll for income each month for each individual income source.
    Wait, does that mean a scum gets an extra source of income for each new rank and that I would be rolling four sources of income because my character is rank 4? And do I roll all four sources six times since we should be getting six months worth of income before the game? (2,500 / 400 = 6)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, does that mean a scum gets an extra source of income for each new rank and that I would be rolling four sources of income because my character is rank 4?
    Yes.

And do I roll all four sources six times since we should be getting six months worth of income before the game? (2,500 / 400 = 6)
    Also yes.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Okay, great. I'm on a business trip and assuming I don't crash out completely when I get to my hotel I hope to be finished with my character this evening.

Edit 1:
    Rolled income in Dice Roller thread so as not to clutter this one up. I already rolled Scrounge as his first income, and another two Scrounges and one Scheme in this post.

This provides a base income of 270 Thrones (3x10x6 = 180 for Scrounges, plus 15x6 = 90 for Scheme).
    Variable income was rolled in this post, netting another 249 Thrones for a total of 519 Thrones income added to 14 Starting Wealth = 533 Thrones.

Edit 2:
    I crashed out. Mechanics and equipment are done (but see questions/requests below). I'll finish up background and personality tomorrow.

Questions/requests
    I purchased a flak cloak (80 Thrones) because the official errata changes the protected to locations to head, arms, body, and legs (i.e. all of them). Are we using this version? If not, I'll switch to a light flak jacket.

The Inquisitor's Handbook has the punch dagger (p. 98/99) and the Mark IV autopistol (p. 175/177). The punch dagger costs less than a standard knife and has slightly worse availability, but is a superior melee weapon. Would it be permissible to switch Mako's knife (from starting gear) for a punch dagger instead?
    And the same question regarding the Mark IV autopistol - it has the same cost, worse availability, better damage and lower magazine capacity. Would it be permissible to switch his starting autopistol for this model instead?
    Last edited by rax; 2019-09-17 at 04:57 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Finally done, bar the questions/requests above. These are minor issues though. Mako 'Innocent' Truesilver is ready to play as is.

Apologies for the delays, and I hope the game is still on and that Dalinale is willing to have me.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Tentative OOC thread made, repost your character there if you're still interested. Might also want to add a pithy quote or two to get a feel for everyone else's murder munchkin/holy servant of the Imperium, along with bouncing around probable interparty relationships after it all gets settled.

I purchased a flak cloak (80 Thrones) because the official errata changes the protected to locations to head, arms, body, and legs (i.e. all of them). Are we using this version?
    Yes.

The Inquisitor's Handbook has the punch dagger (p. 98/99) and the Mark IV autopistol (p. 175/177). The punch dagger costs less than a standard knife and has slightly worse availability, but is a superior melee weapon. Would it be permissible to switch Mako's knife (from starting gear) for a punch dagger instead?
    And the same question regarding the Mark IV autopistol - it has the same cost, worse availability, better damage and lower magazine capacity. Would it be permissible to switch his starting autopistol for this model instead?
    Yes.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2019-09-19 at 08:08 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Firbolg in the Playground

So .. do we consider this to be dead already?

We have a nice slate of characters I feel - I'd offer to GM myself, but I'm pretty sure that would be overreaching on my part.