The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

Default Re: SAGA Edition game, IC

KD85-CG46-IT29-CZ1X

Using its internal comlink Z1X says "Beware to all the staff, it is very likely that we do not have permission to pick up these boxes and must leave immediately."

Spoiler: What Z1X intended to say
    Show
    "Attention all crew, there is a distinct possibility that we do not have permission to take these crates and will have to leave in a hurry."

If Z1X is able to get all of the crates are on-board the ship it will begin preparing the ship for takeoff.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Z1X has ranks in piloting.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

2. - Top - End - #32

WolfInSheepsClothing

Secles

"Figures." He says. "I'll try to distract them so we can finish loading." He moves towards the back,watching the goons and people's reactions to them carefully.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

I'll take ten on perception for 17. What do I see?
    Last edited by Spiritus; 2019-09-17 at 01:03 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Secles

They seem to be asking around a bit roughly, and you hear one of them mentioning shutdown of the spaceport.

Spoiler: Z1X
    Show

Strength check.
    Current games:
    The Sunless Citadel
    Blade of the Four Fallen
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodbyeSoberDay
    I think this teaches us a valuable lesson. At bizarrely low levels of optimization, the tier system disappears. In its place is the "we can't even beat CR=ECL-5 foes" system.

4. - Top - End - #34

WolfInSheepsClothing

Secles moves back to help KE shift the crates. ""Looks like we need to get a move on, they're talking about shutting down the port." He reports.

Show

Strength Check: (1d20)[19]

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Miri Trace

Miri arrived, looking slightly breathless. After collecting her winning she'd had to file a flight plan for the Sable Merlin. Fortunately she'd already finished and had been able to check her comlink discretely.

'Any idea who we have after us?' She asked making her way past the cargo hold towards the cockpit just in case they needed to make a really rapid get away.

6. - Top - End - #36

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by RossN View Post
    Miri Trace

Miri arrived, looking slightly breathless. After collecting her winning she'd had to file a flight plan for the Sable Merlin. Fortunately she'd already finished and had been able to check her comlink discretely.

'Any idea who we have after us?' She asked making her way past the cargo hold towards the cockpit just in case they needed to make a really rapid get away.
    "No idea, but their insignia matches the crates and they were talking about closing the spaceport." Secles replies, manhandling a crate into the smuggling compartment.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

With the last box loaded in, you get the ship ready to fly.
    Current games:
    The Sunless Citadel
    Blade of the Four Fallen
    I think this teaches us a valuable lesson. At bizarrely low levels of optimization, the tier system disappears. In its place is the "we can't even beat CR=ECL-5 foes" system.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

"if we leave now, then it simply won't concern us..." Opal pipes in, stowing her keytar someplace safe for the ride about to occur.

"Best get in the air before any official announcement is made."
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

9. - Top - End - #39

DrowGirl

Z1X makes preparations for liftoff.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

10. - Top - End - #40

WolfInSheepsClothing

Secles assists Z1.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Heeding the advice of her friends Miri went straight to the cockpit, ready to fly once everything was ready.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Sensing a possible opportunity to assist, Opal stays in the cockpit or even in her gunnery--wherever she can get a position to look outside in the spaceport at the 'inspectors."

If necessary she knows of a few 'tricks' that may be necessary to slow someone down...

Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show

(1d20+8)[24]

Rolling perception to check and see if there are any barrels, conduit wires or anything that can cause a messy distraction between us/the Merlin and these guys.

If there ARE, and Opal's force powers are within range, she may use them to fall over or trip them up. but she's not looking for live power cables or the acid delivery tubes or anything lethal...

<BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The trio of white-armored men are discussing with the man next to your landing pad, when they suddenly turn towards the exact direction of your ship...
    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    They succeeded on Use Force checks fo sense nearby Force Users. Roll Use Force(Cha), to see if you can trip them before they get to your ship. You could also alert a crew member that you need to lift off immediately.
    Current games:
    The Sunless Citadel
    Blade of the Four Fallen

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

"Incoming company!"

Opal calls out with a high pitch before putting a finger to her temple, eyes closed. She tries to move something, anything in their pathway to give them opportunity to bail.

Show

Use the Force: (1d20+11)[24]

"We must take off immediately!"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Miri Trace

'So much for an uncomplicated getaway,' Miri muttered to herself as much anyone. She flicked the intercom switch to alert the others aboard: 'Hold on everyone, we're blasting off in a hurry!'

Before she'd even finished speaking the smuggler began takeoff procedure and get their bird in the sky.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If needed a roll for Pilot: (1d20+9)[23]

16. - Top - End - #46

DrowGirl

Z1X takes the co-pilot position.

17. - Top - End - #47

WolfInSheepsClothing

Miri Trace

'So much for an uncomplicated getaway,' Miri muttered to herself as much anyone. She flicked the intercom switch to alert the others aboard: 'Hold on everyone, we're blasting off in a hurry!'

Before she'd even finished speaking the smuggler began takeoff procedure and get their bird in the sky.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If needed a roll for Pilot: (1d20+15)[32]
    Secles

Never rains but it pours, huh.Sec!es thinks, as he takes his place at the Engineering station and hits the cold start for the engines.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm trying to make a mechanics check to warm up the engines just a little bit faster.
    Mechanics: (1d20+15)[32]

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    "Incoming company!"

Opal calls out with a high pitch before putting a finger to her temple, eyes closed. She tries to move something, anything in their pathway to give them opportunity to bail.

Show

Use the Force: (1d20+8)[20]

"We must take off immediately!"
    You move a large metal crate lying to the side the men towards them, hitting them.
    Show
    You got 24 so you can move a Large object for 5d6 damage.
    Their Reflex Defense: (1d20+8)[20]

Miri Trace

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If needed a roll for Pilot: (1d20+8)[20]
    You move to begin lifting off. Flicking on and off numerous switches, you find that parts of the controls are jammed. You can still lift off though, but won’t be able to move very fast. No time to fix it now.
    Show
    I assume you’re rolling to Increase Speed, which would fail, but you’ve successfully piloted.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus View Post
    Secles

Never rains but it pours, huh.Sec!es thinks, as he takes his place at the Engineering station and hits the cold start for the engines.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm trying to make a mechanics check to warm up the engines just a little bit faster.
    Mechanics: (1d20+8)[20]
    You manage to fix the jammed switches quickly, just in time for the ship to start.
    Show
    The exact thing you’re doing isn’t really well detailed in the books, so the roll just activated Increased Speed as the Pilot application.
    Current games:
    The Sunless Citadel
    Blade of the Four Fallen

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: We were slowing down
    Show
    You’ve managed to escape, now time shift to the next stop your journey: the mining planet Saredo. I’ll describe it once I know you’re all off the ship and done with everything you want to do on ship.
    Current games:
    The Sunless Citadel
    Blade of the Four Fallen

20. - Top - End - #50

WolfInSheepsClothing

Show

Uh, don't we have to roll for astrogation? Was there any pursuit from the port?
    Last edited by Spiritus; 2019-09-24 at 08:54 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus View Post
    Show

Uh, don't we have to roll for astrogation? Was there any pursuit from the port?
    Show
    Sorry, my mind was set to Mutants and Masterminds mode. Yes, there is pursuit. Roll Astrogation.
    Current games:
    The Sunless Citadel
    Blade of the Four Fallen

22. - Top - End - #52

DrowGirl

Z1X interfaces with the nav computer using its scomp link and begins plotting a course through hyperspace.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Here is an Astrogation roll to make the check in one round. Book says that it is a DC 10 check unless the GM says otherwise.
    (1d20+10)[30]
    Z1X has a +15 to use computers, +5 because the ship has a nav comp, -10 for doing it quickly.

Edit: Well nat 20, I guess we are on our way.
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2019-09-26 at 01:44 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

You have arrived at the first step on your journey. While it may tedious, your destination is nearly on the exact opposite location in the galaxy, so you will have to make a few more stops.

Opening the door, you expect the fabled Spice mines of Imperial Outpost 37. You will have to be careful.

Instead, you find a group of white-armored soldiers milling around outside. To your surprise, one of the natives, a dark skinned tentacled blob, smiles at you warmly, and cries, "Welcome to Deriru!"
    Current games:
    The Sunless Citadel
    Blade of the Four Fallen

24. - Top - End - #54

DrowGirl

KD85-CG46-IT29-CZ1X

Z1X exits the ship and goes to work refueling the ship and playing the part of the dumb droid while keeping a visual sensor on the visitors.
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2019-10-15 at 12:25 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Miri Trace

'Be careful everyone,' Miri had warned before they disembarked. 'We got lucky last time and I want to keep that pesky Imperial attention as far away as possible.'

As she walks down the Sable Merlin's boarding ramp Miri blinks in surprise at the greeting then waves back at the local. 'Thank you, nice planet you have here!''

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Isn't it?" The native replies. "Those guys over there just liberated us from the Imperials a week ago!" The native points towards the armored men. "The Empire said that they would send another fleet here today, but they were obviously bluffing."
    Current games:
    The Sunless Citadel
    Blade of the Four Fallen