The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Igordragonian's Alone Against the Flames OOC

Greetings Igordragonian, and welcome to the world of Call of Cthulhu, a world of horror, mystery, and wonder. Here you shall take on the role of an intrepid Investigator of the Unknown (or Investigator for short), while I shall be the Keeper of Arcane Lore (or the Keeper).

Now, one important thing to note is that this game is not Dungeons & Dragons. You are not a hero, you are not a being who is eventually able to snap your fingers and cast wish or attack nine times with a massive sword in the span of six seconds, you are an ordinary person, and just like ordinary people, you may become heavily injured (HP isn't just something that magically returns with a quick nap), suffer sanity-shattering experiences, or even die! However, someone has to make a stand against the horrors of the mythos, and the death or insanity of a single human matters little if it means postponing the eventual enslavement of humanity.

However, you may be one of the lucky ones who survive your encounters with unearthly beings, gaining knowledge of the horrors outside of our reality, power from volumes of arcane lore, and advancement in your skills as you become more experienced. You will (most likely) never reach the point of superhuman abilities akin to D&D or Pathfinder, but you can achieve something greater than the average of your kind.

Now that you understand the basic themeatic aspects of the game, prepare to journey onto your first adventure -- Alone Against the Flames! This is a horror story set in the 1920s where you are the main character. For the purposes of walking you through the story I will offer prompts and suggestions below each of my In-Character posts, but if you're feeling foolish confident feel free to forge your own path!

Anyway, without further ado, tuck yourself in, grab a bowl of popcorn, set up a nice fire, and join the In-Character! Actually, on second thought, don't get too close to the fire.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Igordragonian's Alone Against the Flames OOC

Ah. Wow. This was fast. Aren't I supposed to make sheet and stuff?
    Also, english isn't my first launguage, so maybe I'll play as immigrant and my grammar would be inplay

I know in Lovecraft's stories, foriegeners are usually EEEEvil, but maybe it can work?
    It can add another layer of anxiety, espiecaly if my character came to america filled with hopes and face unspeakble horrors.

Edit: Never mind. I have read the IC, it doesn't fit
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-09-10 at 01:46 AM.
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Ah. Wow. This was fast. Aren't I supposed to make sheet and stuff?
    Also, english isn't my first launguage, so maybe I'll play as immigrant and my grammar would be inplay

I know in Lovecraft's stories, foriegeners are usually EEEEvil, but maybe it can work?
    It can add another layer of anxiety, espiecaly if my character came to america filled with hopes and face unspeakble horrors.

Edit: Never mind. I have read the IC, it doesn't fit
    We're actually going to be making the character as part of the IC. Again, this is sort of a railroady in-character progression, but it's still gives you the basic thematic elements.

Also if you do want to do that, I'd be happy to change things and make you an immigrant. I can work with stuff!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zingbobco000 View Post
    We're actually going to be making the character as part of the IC. Again, this is sort of a railroady in-character progression, but it's still gives you the basic thematic elements.

Also if you do want to do that, I'd be happy to change things and make you an immigrant. I can work with stuff!
    nah, I'll just write it as it go, was my last post ok?
    I just got suddenly inspired for such antics.
    It's actually an extreme version of some of my irl anxieties.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

nah, I'll just write it as it go, was my last post ok?
    I just got suddenly inspired for such antics.
    It's actually an extreme version of some of my irl anxieties.
    No, yeah, it's definitely, fine. They seem very real, which makes sense of course. On the topic of anxiety if at any point you feel uncomfortable with anything I've written, just let me know and we can work to change it. We're here to have fun, not to be stressed out (at least, I hope we are).

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. It's fine. For me it's sort if therapy.
    I have sort of vague ideaz based on dementia, inspired from a very close relative of mine.
    And thank you.

Are you ok with my character being secind or third generation of immigrants?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Are you ok with my character being secind or third generation of immigrants?
    Yeah, that's totally fine!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry for dork ranting.
    It's just that I feel from Lovecraft's stories, that sense of aliention is always there in some shape of form.
    The concept of someone new in town can be amplified

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sorry for dork ranting.
    It's just that I feel from Lovecraft's stories, that sense of aliention is always there in some shape of form.
    The concept of someone new in town can be amplified
    All good!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

By the way, I have few ideas for Cthulhu adventures.
    I have read the rule book, but of course ain't exprienced as you.

But I would like to GM it someday. If you are intrested.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Maybe! Although, have you read those adventures inside of the rulebook? Because I was considering running them, and if you've already read them, I'll probably skip out on running those specific ones for you then.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Not really.
    I have ideas inspired from my life exprience and intresting historic anecdotes and conspiracies.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ah, ok, I see. All good.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

One idea, is quite maddening, and I am conflicted to use the dreamlands or.not.

But the concept is this-
    Grandpa/ma, elder father or a mother is hosted in a poor eldery house, and he report over and over about strange things- people living under his room(which is first floor) every morning he wake up in a diffrent apartment which is the exact copy and yet diffrent.
    Is he became demented, or this madness is actually reality?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

One idea, is quite maddening, and I am conflicted to use the dreamlands or.not.

But the concept is this-
    Grandpa/ma, elder father or a mother is hosted in a poor eldery house, and he report over and over about strange things- people living under his room(which is first floor) every morning he wake up in a diffrent apartment which is the exact copy and yet diffrent.
    Is he became demented, or this madness is actually reality?
    Huh, intriguing, maybe, IDK. Nevertheless...

Congratulations! You've done it! You've managed to beat Alone Against the Flames. Your character has forever been changed by what they've experienced in Emberhead, and they might not ever be the same. Nevertheless, they will most likely improve!

You succeeded in the following skill roll: Spot Hidden. For this please give me a roll, however your goal is to fail instead of succeed. If you fail, it's representative of you understanding that there's some way that you could have improved and you may add a d10 to that skill's rating.

Once that happens, if you had fun we can continue into the next adventure: Paper Chase. You may also read all of the other forums relating to Alone Against the Flames here at the Society for the Exploration of the Unexplained (basically my repository for all of your links so I don't have to keep looking them up online [also don't read the Paper Chase ones).

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

I do want! It was fun!

Roll
    (1d10)[10]

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by zingbobco000 View Post
    You succeeded in the following skill roll: Spot Hidden. For this please give me a roll, however your goal is to fail instead of succeed.
    So please give me a d100 roll.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. I thought I did
    (1d100)[7](7)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Sadly" that is a success, which means that you didn't learn anything new about that skill.

But nevertheless we have the beginnings of your character, which can be found here!

Along with the OOC, which can be found here!