The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Dragons of Rising Tides (OOC)

First thing first, the current character table-

Player Name Race Class (Archetype)
    Mai Ferro Warforged Cleric (Forge)
    Starbin Draydor Tinkertot Gnome Artificier
    RedMalkav Carter Thorneheart V Human Paladin
    Gryndel Escolm V Human Wizard
    igordragonian Mina/Mindra Minotuar Rogue
    Ramsus Ozlun Hobgoblin Summoner
    JadedDM Brina Kirstein Human Mystic

Now, please claim your colours and we'll start very soon. Let me quote two of the most iconic creators of the Dragonlance setting and say-

To Sojourners in Krynn:

May your Sword never break.
    May your Armor never rust.
    May the Three Moons guide your Magic.
    May your Prayers be heard.
    May your Beard grow long.
    May your Life-Quest never blow up in your face.
    May your Hoopak sing.
    May your Homeland prosper.
    May Dragons fly ever in your Dreams.

-Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman;
    Dragons of Summer Flame

Hope you'll have fun in the game!
    Games I'm DMing-
    Dragonlance- War of the Lance OOC IC
    The game is still open for new players!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (OOC)

Dark red for me.

DM PM suggested that Escolm might know Carter, or know of him at least. So I thought we might have an introduction scene.

Preamble to that..

Spoiler: Detailed Visit
    Show
    After a short journey from the wizard school outside Solace to the actual town, Escolm first met his brother, now a town guard Captain. Nathym slipped back and forth between his official persona and his bantering, teasing ways of old. Escolm barely reacted to the official inquiries, stating only that he was here to visit the family. His only reaction to the teasing banter was a slight smile, a dismissive shrug, and softly spoken, "Sorry brother, but I'm far past such juvenile japes now. Please conclude your duties so that I may proceed with my visit."

Once the perfunctory inquiries were satisfied, Escolm added, "I look forward to a family gathering, dinner at Mother's house perhaps, where I can enlighten you all with my life changing decision."

Though cajoled, begged and bullied, Escolm refused to reveal any more to his brother. Left with a curious mystery, Nathym agreed and went about his routine business.

Escolm wandered through town for hours, noting changes since his last visit over a decade ago. Stopping by the Inn of the Last Home, he indulged in one of his favorite culinary delights; Otik's spiced potatoes. He procured accommodations for the night and closely observed everything and everyone within the social setting for hours.

Just before closing, he visited his Mother's shop: Sewn Simply. Anjela was happily surprised and insisted he accompany her home. They stopped by the shop of his sister, Brehani, Bottom Buttons, to ensure that she came along. On the way Anjela told a guard to relay a message to Nathym that he must join the family for dinner.

Escolm learned that the family had grown considerably since his last visit. Both his siblings were married; Brehani to Philup and Nathym to Shuka. Brehani has a 7 year old daughter named Corletta, and was expecting a second child in 7 months. Nathym has twin daughters age 4; Yendora & Yolene, a son age 5; Brolm, and a daughter age 2; Zameri.

Escolm told them his decision to leave the life of a cloistered sage and travel, seeking knowledge and attempting to fulfill his deep desire to visit locations he's read about in his studies. He showed them several written invitations from fellow scholars. Agreeing with Nathym that he should seek out companions for such journeys, Escolm told them he had already begun this by acquiring travel gear and visiting the Inn of The Last Home. Over the instance of Anjela that he stay at her house, he returned to the inn for the night. She relented only after he agreed to stay with her for the rest of his visit.

Meeting the extended family proved joyous and overwhelming. He was the center of attention when they all gathered the next night at Nathym's house. The pleasure of seeing such happy and welcoming people together overcame the deeply felt discomfort he experienced, and he solidly stored this revelation for future consideration. It also encouraged him that the decision to face his fears was the right course

More than a week passed while Escolm remained in Solace. Late afternoons and nights were filled with family interactions and conversations. Persistent and perpetual pestering from nieces and nephews nudged him to secure permission from his siblings to display a little magic. Mage Hand and Light proved the most popular to the youngsters, and were frequently utilitarian to adults, which he viewed as the purpose for their existence. When he told the adults about the Sleep spell they nearly begged him to demonstrate it on the rambunctious youths. But he adamantly refused.

He spent most days at the inn meeting people in an effort to gain companions for the road...
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2019-09-11 at 04:26 AM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Thanks for the opportunity - letís see where this journey takes us! Hopefully I donít get all the characters mixed up Gonna go with this blue for my gnome.

Spoiler: Character info
    Show
    Alrighty, time to put a submission forward ... Iíll second guess later!

Draydor Tinkertot
    NG male tinker gnome
    Artificer (Whirling Dervish)
    Kooky scientist and creator
    Spoiler: Description
    Show

Like many gnomes, Draydor is short, slender, wiry and quick. His sandy brown hair is often mussed, because who can be bothered with hair when there is so much work to be done, and so many things to be investigate? Bright, green eyes peer out from under his mop of hair, usually darting around the room or area looking for items of interest he can use in his next invention or creation.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show

Inquisitive of life, the universe and everything, Draydor assumes the only constant is life is change, and change requires bold thinking and new ideas that challenge the old order. Where many believe that the divine spark created life, Draydor postulates the arcane spark can be equally powerful and effective - the warforged were living (yes living) exemplars of that school of thought.

Magic and invention are products of seeking the answers to those unasked questions. Great things await around the corner, for those brave enough to seek them out. Most gnomes believe the greatest discoveries are often achieved through the chaos of accidents or surprises. Experiences are the fruits of questioning the world around you and challenging the norms.

Unfortunately, where there was often many lessons in failure, that didnít mean one had to be afraid of success. Why teach the tenets of logic and the rigors of documentation and experimental control of success wasnít the ultimate purpose.

Of course, there was something exhilarating about a good explosion ...

Spoiler: Background
    Show

Born the son of a mage and an inventor, Draydor has always had a love for machines and magic. Most of his life has been spent working the intersection of both fields. He enjoys the discoveries he finds in experimentation, often learning more from his failures than successes as all gnomes do. However most gnomes felt that predictable outcomes are too easy to achieve with simple logic, precise measurements and practice ... and that predictable equals boring! Draydor knows discovery lies in the intersection between the known and unknown, between quantifiable theory and intuitive postulation. Some of the most amazing inventions were the product of guesses. Educated, guesswork, perhaps, but guesses none-the-less. However, he also was not afraid of success - and learned that predictable results can have value.

Like most gnomes from Mt Nevermind, Draydor is a tinkerer at heart, having learned it from his mother. She was part of the team that first developed the warforged blueprints. While her designs were bold and inventive, the team took a different direction, and only a handful of her ideas made it to print. However, it still provided the fire Draydor needed to press forward in his own studies, knowing at any moment he could be part of the team that invented the next breakthrough!

Unfortunately, as Draydor excelled at his studies, questions were raised about his focus on success and his infatuation with life outside the laboratory ... and Mt Nevermind. The Guild was concerned that their investments in Draydor might be fruitless if the young gnome couldnít settle down. Of course, perhaps sending him into the world was a great experiment all itís own ... and they could spin the results as a benefit to the Guild, no matter how it turned out.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Alright. I will take "Gold" for Carter.

(Yes, it's Golden Rod, but I prefer to think of it as Burnished Gold.)
    Last edited by RedMalkav; 2019-09-11 at 11:27 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

@RedMalkav: Could you choose a less bright color? That one hurts my eyes. Might I suggest golden rod?

For myself I'll take red since fire brick was already claimed.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I'll take this color. Seems easy enough.

Though I have some concerns that this many players in a play by post game might make the game extremely slow, which might kill the game quickly. I'be seen that happen before. Someone has to poof for a couple days without warning. Thay throws everyone else off... that can be a real problem. But i'll take this, I was just joking.

7. - Top - End - #7

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Gryndel View Post
    Dark red for me.

DM PM suggested that Escolm might know Carter, or know of him at least. So I thought we might have an introduction scene.

Preamble to that..
    And, I'm down with that that, Gryndel.

Spoiler: It's Always the Morning After
    Show
    "Not Today, Carter."

The Trough's bartender didn't even bother looking up, his beefy hands vainly mopping at a spot on the countertop that had been there at Least as long as Carter had, "I just finished fixin' the dent yer head left in my table the other night." The old man opened his mouth, only to have the larger one cut him off again, attention still on the grimy dishrag, "Nah. I ain't even wanna hear ya. Gods know I can already Smell ya from here. I ain't dealing with you today. You can find somewhere else to make trouble tonight. You can turn around and take yerself on out before I see how far I can make yer bony old butt bounce. So help me, if I hear one word outta yer yella-toothed maw, I'll make sure yer jaws so broken, you can't get any swill down it again. And I'll ban ya fer a week on top of it." A dark look crossed the craggy face of the elder, and he all but snarled at the barman, ill intent radiating from his very being as his scarred hands clenched, and shook.

"...I Ain't hear ya movin yet."

A choked cry tore it's way from Carter's throat as the old man finally spun about and stormed his way out of the Trough, his booted feet shaking the building with every step as his already foul mood intensified. Grumbling every step of the way, the man known as Carter made his way through the narrow walkways of Solace, people practically clearing a path as he went, though whether it was for the foul smell, or the general malaise that hung about him that morning, few enough could say, and it was far from the first time for either. The old man was well known in Solace, and not always particularly well-liked. Especially on days like today, when any who cared to look could see that his mood was Foul, his temper was up, and his odor was particularly strong. "...abyss with him." he muttered, shoving his hands into the pockets of his threadbare pants, and practically staring a hole into the ground as he walked, wending his way through town and past many other locations that had long ago told him to stop frequenting their establishment.

The day had already been shot before he'd even tried to get himself a drink. The dreams had come again that morning, and he'd shot bolt upright in a cold sweat, hand clenching and reaching for the side of his waist, finding only empty air and thin sheets. He'd mopped his face with his hand, and wiped it on the bedclothes, shaking his head and sighing, phantom screams still ringing in his ears even as his eyes had cast themselves upon the corner of the room, where an old chest sat tightly locked, just as it had every morning for years. Putting the night's phantasms from his mind, the old man had pulled on clothes and made himself ready for the day's work. Only to be told when he arrived that the job had been cancelled, recent rains having destroyed almost completely the feed that Carter had been meant to haul away. That was when the curmudgeon had decided that booze were the only solution for the day. Only for that too to have been denied to him, all 'cause of another brawl that hadn't been his fault in the least. (Jonas had started in on that Nameless Knight Crap again, and had been less than kind when Carter had politely told him to shut his mouth, 'fore he shoved his fist down it. What was he supposed to do? Let the man treat him like trash? Hardly. He was worth more than that. He Deserved Respect! He was... What?)

Cursing his luck again, watery gray eyes finally cast upon an establishment that hadn't seen the elder's shadow in quite some time. A place that the "Cranky Old Cuss" normally shied away from. He wasn't fit for it, and normally happy enough to stay in places like the Trough. Places that catered to men of his sort and his ilk. But, still, options were few now, and the name had become more apropos than he'd cared for it to be. So, with a wry cluck of the tongue, Carter entered the Inn of the Last Home, and made straight for the bar, ordering two Strong drinks and "Some a those Spicy Taters they was so proud of."
    Last edited by RedMalkav; 2019-09-11 at 11:28 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

I guess we'll keep this in spoliers for now...

Spoiler: Inexplicable Invitation
    Show
    Sipping tea and smoking his pipe, Escolm sits at a corner table inside the Inn of The Last Home. His staff leans against the wall beside him, his pack stored at his Mother's house. Acutely observant and perceptive, very little escapes his attention. One of his favorite pastimes is to read the lips of people within sight that he can't hear.

The first step of his current goal compels Escolm to interact with strangers. His typical approach is to observe someone for at least an hour, then grab his staff and walk over to introduce himself to them. If they notice his scrutiny he smiles slightly, nods, grabs his staff and moves over to begin talking right away.

Having heard of Carter, Escolm identifies the man when he enters, and moves toward him. With a respectful, slight bow of his head, he lays his right palm on his chest and says, "Greetings, I'm Escolm Slatespirit. Pardon the intrusion, you're Carter, correct?"

Motioning to his table he asks cordially, "Would you care to join me? I'll buy you a drink and we can talk a bit?"
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

9. - Top - End - #9

Griffon

Actually, let's go ahead and do this through PMs, that way we're not cluttering up the OOC With this.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

But then the rest of us (who might care) miss out on the scene. Sads.

11. - Top - End - #11

Griffon

Spoiler: Inexplicable Invitation
    Show
    Sipping tea and smoking his pipe, Escolm sits at a corner table inside the Inn of The Last Home. His staff leans against the wall beside him, his pack stored at his Mother's house. Acutely observant and perceptive, very little escapes his attention. One of his favorite pastimes is to read the lips of people within sight that he can't hear.

The first step of his current goal compels Escolm to interact with strangers. His typical approach is to observe someone for at least an hour, then grab his staff and walk over to introduce himself to them. If they notice his scrutiny he smiles slightly, nods, grabs his staff and moves over to begin talking right away.

Having heard of Carter, Escolm identifies the man when he enters, and moves toward him. With a respectful, slight bow of his head, he lays his right palm on his chest and says, "Greetings, I'm Escolm Slatespirit. Pardon the intrusion, you're Carter, correct?"

Motioning to his table he asks cordially, "Would you care to join me? I'll buy you a drink and we can talk a bit?"
    Spoiler: He's Going to Regret that...
    Show
    Carter had just been reaching for his coin pouch when the stranger approached him, and he eyed him warily, hand hovering almost protectively around his food and beverages. For a long moment after the strange young man had spoke, he seemed to be considering something at length in his head, before he finally smiled, (Not an altogether pleasant sight, considering the state of his mouth and teeth,) and he nodded heartily. "HEY!" He shouted over his shoulder to the bartender, (this one much friendlier than the one he was used to dealing with,) "You heard the Man." He jerked his head towards Escolm smiling widely, "These are on his tab. Send another over to his table in about five minutes." The old man grinned widely and openly at the young now, "Stranger, I Don't Know what you're selling, but if you're going to be buyin' me drinks, I'll listen to what ya got. Make no Mistake though. You're gonna be the one paying."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Probably won't be long, might be interesting. PM for now, we'll see what the DM says.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

"Mina... will use this.. if this ok..."

Mina Galdarax
    Minotaur Rogue Spy(criminal) NG

Spoiler: Description
    Show

https://i.ibb.co/25Xgx73/20190912-024054.jpgina is small framed, shorter then even some humans. Clearly feminine,(or childish, for most minotaurs taste), thin with pale brown fur, which is simply look weak. Her curved horns, are sharp but thin, the only thing that she feel that sort of strong in her looks, is the sort of star shaped red spot on her forehead. She is usually dressed in grey brown tunic and hood, trying to look simple as possible.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show

Mina is usually timid and shy. Very ashamed of her weakness, and tend to apologize too much. She also confused, not sure what her porpuse- to try and please her home society and the god Sargass, or.. go after the hard inner struggle, her father and the goddess with her name have offered?
    So, she is a seeker of spirituality as well.
    When she decide it's time to act or to lie, she become determined and cold as steel. Another duality in her personality.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show

Even before she was born, Mindra were destined to be an oddity. The daughter of One Handed Galdar. This legendary minotaur had a complex kind of fame among his people.
    He took part at slaying Takhisis, conquering Silvanesti, but refused to the gifts of Sargass. He had strange tolerance to foriegners, more then what considered self respecting among the minotaurs, and yet with one hand he was a great warrior.
    It was relativly late in his life, but Galdar finally managed to settle down with a wife.
    Parra were a priestese of Zeboim, a pirate priestess, and bore him three children, before the sea called for her again, without returning.
    As baby she was weak, and barely breathed. Parra was ready to sacrafice her to Zeboim, but Galdar stopped her. He believed in his daughter, called her Mina- the goddess of inner struggle and his dear friend.
    And Mina survived. Nothing went easy for her, her older siblings were as well, sort of respected outcastes, being part of the new clan their father has found, but they have proved their worth.
    Mina was looked down and sometimes bullied- and she couldn't defend herself, even when she was brave enough to try.
    Galdar guided her to use her natural advantages, she was small and lighter then other minotaurs. She can outrun them, sneak on them.
    And still, the struggle was exuasting and unending, with only her father and her relucantant siblings at her side.
    Mina ran away and joined her mothet on sea, for once feeling relieved from the social norms of the minotaurs, and there her natural talents were respected. But true to her name, this neither calmed her soul- the murder and the pillaging her mother spread, were scarring her heart, and she ran away at the first port, just to he capturer by guards.
    General Qurrak gave her a chance to find honor with her abilities and serve the Empire.
    The minotaurs were near unstoppable on the battlefields the sea were their dominion and lately even the economy and diplomacy have blossomed.
    But their intelegence were lacking. And at Ansalon, some forces ALWAYS lurked. So they have found the Secret Shepperds-The Minotaur Espionage very young orginazation.
    All she had to do, is to venture the lands beyond the empires, and follow and lead of notice and to report.
    Mina eagerly agreed. After some tests and trainings she was considered ready. To Galdar she told, she simply decided to be an adventuress
    Where her journey will lead to?

Spoiler: Npcs from her backstory
    Show

Galdar- her father, famouse hero. Right now, preffer diplomatic missions rather the miltarastic ones. Taught Mina how to fight with her body and to struggle, praying Mina.

Parra- A pirate priestess of Zeboim, and member of the Crimosn Turtle Pirates. Trained her on sea. https://image.ibb.co/iPdEMV/IMG-20181024-005328.jpg

Karrova- Mina's oldest sister. Strict, dry and focused. Trained as Sargass's monk. Have plans for gaining power for the clan and worried for the clan's reputation. Mina always compare herself to her.

Irigiar- Mina's second oldest brother. Cheerful, arrogant and wise. Strong, yet well learned, eager to study the silvanesti lore to the advantage of the clan and the empire. Class wise, he is probably fighter Sage.

General Qurrak-a military General, and the founder of the Secret Shepperds- the new espionage organization of the minotaur empire.

big thanks to Redmalkav, which only now I have realized how good he edited it!

Well, if anything, Mina trying to hide at day and watching the stars, while sitting on a roof
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-09-14 at 04:22 PM.
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Uh...can I just claim black then? I don't really bother with colored text.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    Uh...can I just claim black then? I don't really bother with colored text.
    I think it's mainly for fun/possibly minor benefit in ease of telling what characters said from descriptive text so probably not an issue. Bold is the typical option for "black". Though that's just as much effort as a color, so I can't imagine that's what you meant considering you said you don't bother with it. So not really an issue if you don't do it.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-09-12 at 01:52 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

It's just easier, when there are walls of text to read.
    And in DragonLance spirit, even hack and slash can turn poetic

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

IC is up. Feel free to start describing your character's actions.
    Games I'm DMing-

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Also, just to maintain the information from the recruitment thread-

Ansalon in the Late Age of Mortals

Spoiler
    Show
    Ten years of peace has came upon Ansalon. The War of Souls is already a distant memory- Takhisis is long dead, and Paladin roamed the continent for so long that he is barely different than any other mortal. Mina claimed her denied godhood, only to reject all pantheon and go on her own journey. The elves found their new home at the edge of Khur, and the ogres retreated into seclusion after the fall of their titans and the disaster of the Fire Rose. Gellidus, the last Overlord, has fallen to a band of great heroes, releasing Ansalon once and for all from the dread of alien dragons. Ansalon has recovered from their damage, and even the Desolation has shrunk , allowing life to return to the homeland of kenders. Ships has even reached from the beyond the oceans, making contacts among faraway continents as both mages and priests try to create common ground between those strange nations.

All scholars believe it to be a new era- and age of peace for all Krynn. However, that's what the scholars also claimed right before the Greygem was broken. And before dragons covered Krynn's skies. And before a mountain of fire struck the world with all of the gods' divine fury. The scholars have tendency to be wrong.

After all, who knows what the future holds?

Nations

Abansinia is one of the richest nations in Ansalon. The home of adventurers and farmers, the good people of Abansinia always serve as a safe place against the dangers of the world. Sacked by dragons, conquered by dark knights and forced to exist under the thumb of a powerful Overlord, Abansinia has seen it all and survived it all. The city states of Abansinia follow a very open lifestyle- people of all faiths, folks and practices are accepted, as long as they don't cause trouble or break the law. Even a few goblins has managed to carve themselves a place, building themselves a new life free from old practices. While Haven is the richest city of the region, Solace would forever remain its beating heart. From there the Heroes of the Lance came to save the world, there are buried the Last Heroes of the Chaos War, and there are the remains of the fallen Academy of Sorcery and where the last heroes of the War of Souls found peace. Darken Wood still stands near Solace, even though only few dare to tread, out of respect for the Foresmaster and her centaurs.

Balifor and Goodlund still recover from the damage caused by the dread magics of the fallen Malystrix. While the Desolation is slowly shrinking due to the magics of druids and the prayers of clerics, it would take at least a century to erase the scars of her rule. A few ogre tribes roam the Desolation, while kenders start to gather together in an attempt to rebuild their ruined homeland. Some of the Wizards of high Sorcery have started to investigate the ruins of the Tower of Goodlund, searching for a way to recover it from its remains.

Blode and Kern stand in isolation from the rest of the world. Using the power of the now lost Fire Rose, Golgren, the leader of the ogre nations, has managed to separate them from the world once and for all- yet not without paying a dear price. While he still managed to maintain his hold over the warring tribes, only recently the ogres have managed to rebuild their numbers after the disasters they suffered- and by doing so, they have also started to cause problems once more, falling to infighting and attempts to rebel against their leader. Some of the ogres, those which supported Golgren's attempts at advancing the ogre nation beyond its barbaric state, enforce order upon the tribes- yet Golgren has never returned to himself since the lose of his beloved, and even among his supporters some think it may be the time to put a better leader on the throne.

The Minotaur Empire, on the other hand, still manages to maintain its position as one of the biggest powers in Ansalon, if not in Krynn as whole. Its fast ships and experienced navigators makes them into the main force at contacting and exploring the other continents, being competed only by Ergoth. In the mainland, the Minotaurs have already rebuilt Silvanesti- now Sargonesti, in honor of their god. Diplomatic relations between them and the other human nations are maintained regularly, and there is even an ambassador of the Empire in Palanthas. Currently, they focus most of their efforts in fighting and taking over territories of the Dark Knights and ogres- yet everyone know that eventually, their gaze would turn toward the rich nations of Solamnia and Abanisia.

Without the powers of the White Overlord, Southern Ergoth has defrosted, returning to life once more. With the change of weather, many of the Thanoi escaped the warmer climate, while the ogres attempted to take over the island. Bands of wild elves, however, supported by the Legion of Steel, have returned to their homeland and tried to claim it once more, with great success. Currently, the island is divided between the ogres and kagonesti, as the two forces are locked in a form of status que. Some wizards have also secretly started explore the island, trying to get into the ogre territory and get their hands over the ruins of Daltigoth's fallen tower.

Being one of the lone nations which were untouched by the War of Souls, Northern Ergoth remains as the strongest human power in Ansalon, serving as a marine power second only to the Minotaur Nation. Their current ruler is a powerful mystic, which has managed to recover from the strange visions of the dead which haunted the world before the War came to conclusion. While their are not directly hostile toward the other nations, their expansionist attitude and ancient rivalry with the Knights of Solamnia makes the other nations wary of the empire, its sailors are usually welcomed in open hands. The goblins of Northern Ergoth, as well as the kenders of Hylo, have managed to maintain a working relationship through the years, making its one of the few places where nations of both evil and good race work hand in hand, giving an hope for a better future, one day.

Icereach is as froze as it have always been- perhaps even more. The dual Dragon Lords, among the few of their kind which survived the fall of the Overlords, still maintain a frigid weather in the region, as they wonder which direction they should go next. After years of harmony between the two white dragons, conflicts start to rise as one wish to remain in their terrioty, while the other wish to claim the place of the fallen Overlords. Meanwhile, many thanoi follow their commands, while the local human tribes fight their eternal fight for survival.

Khur, on the other hand, is one of the hottest places in Ansalon. The warrior tribes of the desert country have been united by Sahim- Khan, which have both forged an alliance with the Knights of Neraka and made treaty with the new elf nation, granting them the Inath Wakenti to serve as their new home. While peace is common through all of Ansalon, the tribes of Khur still fight for control, while they all are eager for a war they all know will eventually come.

Up in the north, Lemish is a pale shadow of what it once was. Ruled by ogres, giants and goblinkind, it is among the only places where the gods of darkness are openly worshiped. Few humans dare to live in the dark land, and conflicts around the borders with Solmania occur on a daily basis. Everyone know that one day, something would have to be done with Lemish- but everyone has their own problems to deal with first. No one knows the the dark powers which rule Lemish may be older and more powerful than what anyone can imagine. Blue skinned race of great beauty and evil has crossed the sea, and it has their own plans for Ansalon.

After investing years of work, the White Robed wizards has finally managed to crack the curse upon Nightlund. The land is still most haunted by undead, and the only civilized people in the region are the wizards in their Tower, but they hope that one day they could transform the land into a place of power and wisdom. The curse upon Dargaard Keep is still strong, even years after the death of Lord Soth.

Nordmaar is yet another nation still ruled by a Dragon Lord named as Pitch. Healed by the adventurers which defeated the last Overlord, the black dragon has united the tribes of Nordmaar, starting to guide them toward a new future. Going against his nature, many people even in Nordmaar itself are suspicious toward the seemingly good intentions of the dragon, while many among the Bakali, kobolds and other scaled folk gather under his banner to create a new nation, for both scaled and soft skinned races.

Qualinesti is no more. Only a lake of death remained where the capital once stood, ruled by the iron fist of a rogue Dark Knight. Samuval has since made the fallen land into a militaristic nation, composed of power hungry humans, hobgoblins, ogres and draconians. Renegades which left the Knights of Neraka or people which seek to gain free land in the price of occupation have claimed it as their home, while priests of the dark gods and mystics of black intentions gather together in the cursed place. A few conflicts between Samuval and Abanisinia have occured through the years, as his militray starts to advance into the fertile land. Elves are killed on the spot, their bodies left crucified so the rest of their kind will know they have no home in Qualinesti.

Where Qualinesti stand as a fond of eternal despair, Schallsea is a beacon of hope. A small island in the Newsea, it has since became a site of pilgrimage, where clerics of the good gods and mystics of the heart gather together, seeking to call upon the light of humanity. The Citadel of Light has been rebuilt since its ruin by the Overlord Beryl, where it serves as a place of meditation, prayer and study for religious people of all paths to light. Mystics, clerics, paladins and monks all work together, seeking to bring a new age of light and maintain the fragile peace, while expanding resource to teach other nations both basic skills and the lessons they discovered. They are guarded by the blind, silver dragon Mirror and his companion, yet another hero from the War of Souls. Still, even Schallsea is not free of conflicts- a schism occurred among the mystics, as some among their ranks denied the powers of the Heart and claimed to rule the powers of the Mind. Many of the mentalists has left the Citadel after the schism, and no one knows what plans they have toward their former companions.

Solamnia stands as it always been- proud and strong. Rebuilding itself after the ruin of the War of Souls, the nation is governed by the Knights of Solamnia, which has since preformed a reform in their order, allowing wizards as auxiliary forces and respecting the place of clerics and paladins. Where the Dark Knights embraced the powers of the 5th Age, Solamnia has welcomed the return of the gods in open arms. Temples for Mishakal and Kiri Julith are established through the nation, while the knights prepare for war against Lemish, Neraka and Qualinesti. Palanthas was and remained the beating heart of the nation- one of the richest cities in the world, and a safe haven for study and worship. Last year, chaos has erupted in the Great Library, as out of nowhere an ancient, timeless librarian showed up in Astinus's room, writing in the books of the immortal archivist. The ancient librarian has returned, and he offers no explains to where he went or why he returned- not even to his trusted archivists.

Taman Busuk is Solamnia's eternal enemy. Once, it was the dark heart from which the Dragonarmies grew, almost conquering all of Ansalon in the War of the Lance. Now, it is the homeland of the Knights of Neraka- the Dark Knights which still wish to conquer the world, even after their goddess has died. After years of crises, Baltasar, the new Lord of the Night, submitted the lower ranked knights under his heel. Unlike their Solamnic counterparts, the Knights of Neraka utilize the powers of the Age of Mortals, choosing the forces of mankind over those granted by the gods. Their sorcerers also serve as teachers, which grow new generations of soldiers in the armies of the knights, while their mystics guide and tend souls toward fulfilling the Vision of Baltasar. Some of the evil races, such as goblinoid, have also found place in the region- yet the Knights would never accept them as equal. No gods are worshiped in Taman Busuk, as the knights claim that humanity has grew above the need for such fickle deities, even though that some of the Knights of the Skull has been lured away from their order by promises made by Chemosh and Sargonnas. While the Dark Knights has managed to rebuild their powers, some whisper that it may not be for long. The winds blow in the Valley of Neraka- and some whisper, that they sing once more.

Tarsis is found in an never ending state of chaos. Once the greatest port sea in Ansalon, than an important crossroad city in the middle of the desert, later being sacked in ruined, after which it was rebuilt, only to be consumed by the forests of Beryl, just so those forests would die once more with the Overlord which birthed them, Tarsis barely knows what it can expect for tomorrow. Its people have long forsaken the faith in the gods, are terrible suspicious toward magic and have little to no trust in any knight of any kind. Only money talks in Tarsis, with its hidden library still laying in ruin beneath the ground. Some sorcerers have found escape in the city, starting to create their own organization to compete with that of the Orders of High Sorcery, while mystics are tolerated for their healing powers and other gifts to protect Tarsis from the ghosts of its own past.

Teyr stands as the first, and only, draconian nation. Established by Kang, he still rules the city in a form of "enlightened dictatorship", even though that some of the young generation wish to turn it into a republic. Due to their help in the War of Souls and ever lasting hatred toward the Dark Knights, Kang has managed to put Teyr as a recognized nation by all of the good races, with ambassadors across Ansalon. As its glory rose, more and more draconians have been drawn to the only place they could call home, bringing with them starnger variations of the draconic form- such as noble draconians and surviving dragonspwan. While suspicious toward those strange beings birthed from Overlord essence, Kang has decided to accept them as long as no trouble will be caused. As blood mixed with blood, and the distinction between the draconian breeds was diluted, a new term was made for the denizens of Teyr- the Dragonborn.

The dwarf nations of Thorbardin and Thoradin remain closed and isolated as ever. Only lately Thorbardin has managed to recover from the wounds of civil war, opening its gates for trade with other nations, while Thoradin desperately search for help in fighting the invading ogres. Where Thorbardin has quickly returned to the worship of Reorx, Thoradin keeps following the ways of mysticism under King Severus. Too proud to bind together, the two nations still stand apart, while each has to fight furious dark dwarves and find allies which would be willing to help them return to their once glorious state.

Finally, Mt. Nevermind is as mad as always- so mad, that even the Dragon Lord Pyro has given up and curled to sleep beneath the mountain. The gnomes, however, are happy to continue with their explosive inventions, dangerous experiments and hopeless lifequests. At least, mostly hopeless. One gnome has managed to fulfill her lifequest and create artificial life. She call her invention "warforged"- mechanical beings which have independent thinking and will, powered by a mixture of sorcery and mysticism. Due to the success of her invention, more and more of those warforged are being created in Nevermind, and some even go outside to examine the world with their gnome companions. The success was so great, that the warforged are practically now a part of the gnomish society- however, there is one problem. Dalish (the short version) was not a part of the mad- in fact, she is a very sane gnome with tendency to make very explosive inventions. And yet, the warforged work. Almost perfectly. Almost. And who knows when the flaw would finally trigger?
    Last edited by LostLight; 2019-09-12 at 08:05 AM.
    Games I'm DMing-

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Races of Ansalon

Spoiler
    Show
    Dragonborn- the descendants of the unified draconian nation of Teyr, most of the members of the race live in the city or around it. During the years since the War of Souls has ended, General Kang has worked hard to establish working relationships between the dragonborn and the non- evil races of the continent. Still, many dragonborn suffer from prejudice, being seen as "stupid lizard men" or "violent murder machines". While Teyr has no diplomatic relationships with the Dark Knights or the other evil nations, some dragonborn decide on their own to work for those nations, following their basic instincts and desire for power, even though that even there they are seen as cannon fodder and nothing more (with the exception of Qualinesti, where few evil dragonborn communities has managed to flourish in the chaos). Most dragonborn are neutral, and rarely worship the gods, prefering to relay on their innate, draconic sorcery.

Dwarves- many great dwarves has served as heroes in the many wars Krynn has known. The most famous dwarf hero was Kharas, which gained the title "knight" from the Solmanics, and held the hammer which was used to forge the first dragonlances. After the Cataclysm and the Dwarfgate War, Thorbardin was left shut and isolated from the world, leaving the Hill Dwarves, or the Neidar, to fight for themselves. Only when another dwarf hero, Flint Fireforge of the Heroes of the Lance, would recover the Hammer of Kharas and help unite the dwarven nation, would the gates be open once more. Years later, Jasper Fireforge, a kin to Flint, would help Goldmoon to discover the powers of mysticism and join the new Heroes of the Heart, eventually sacrificing his life to save those of his mentor. While the Hill Dwarves would remain an integral part of the world, the gates of Thorbardian were closed again ion the Chaos War, as civil war erupted among the mountain's halls, leaving the Mountain Dwarves in a shattered state. Most of the other dwarves live in Thoradin, a nation recovered from the Dark Dwarves and now lead by a powerful mystic, as they suffer from a crises of faith due to the return of the gods and an existential threat due to invading ogres. Only recently did the Mountain Dwarves recovered enough to return to the world, while the Dark Dwarves hide in the darkest tunnels, licking their wounds and waiting for the next chance to gain power, as they discovered a form of dark mysticism in themselves. The Gully Dwarves, the lowest of their kind, are still scattered through all of Ansalon- for the suffering of everyone else but the kenders. Most of the Hill Dwarves and Mountain Dwarves are lawful good, even though they worship Reorx, a neutral god. Thoradin's Mountain Dwarves, however, mostly follow the paths of mysticism. The Dark Dwarves, on the other hand, are usually evil, and either worshiping one of the gods of evil (Morgion and Hiddukel are the most common choices) or following their own, dark heart. Gully Dwarves are usually neutral, and rarely have true priests among them- yet their strong faith in their fetishes has produced a number of mystics. Arcane magic, both sorcery and wizardy, are rare among Dwarves other than the Dark Dwarves, which have their own tradition of respecting Nuitari separated from the Orders of High Sorcery.

NOTE: treat the Dark Dwarves as Grey Dwarves for this game

Elves- the Age of Mortals was an hard time of the Elvish nations. Being one of the firstborn races, they became a pale shadow of what they once were. Already in the early War of Chaos, Qualinesti was conquered by the Dark Knights, while Silvanesti has exiled their own queen due to their own xenophobic attitude and trauma from the Dream which corrupted their land in the War of the Lance. In the 5th Age, Qualinesti was but a puppet state of the Knights of Neraka, forcing the Speaker Gilthas to carefully manipulate the fate of his country, all while Silvanesti has produced a magical shield to cut itself from the world- a shield which devoured the lives of the elves themselves. During the War of Souls it was discovered that the shield was created by Cyan Bloodbane, an ancient green dragon and the architect of the Dream. The shield has fallen by a strange woman called Mina, leading to the conquest of Silvanesti by the Dark Knights. During the War, Qualinost was ruined during a battle between the elves and the Overlord Beryl, where both the Overlord and the land found their death, all while the Minotaur Empire invaded Silvanesti, and the wild Kagonesti had to escape their land due to it freezing by the White Overlord. By the end of the war, the elves became a nation of exiles, led by Speaker Gilthas- who eventually created for the united High Elves a new home in Inath Wakanthi, the Vale of Silence. Many of the Wood Elves, however, have returned to Southern Ergoth after the death of the Overlord, rebuilding themselves in the defrosted forests. Still, other elves have found other places to call home- a few have escaped to underground ruins and rotten sewers, where they were infected by a strange plague created by Morgion. This eventually led to mutating them into a new form of elves, their skin grew pale and their eyes lost their colour, forming a race of Pale Elves dedicated to the plague god. Other elves have searched solace among the dead, crowning one of their own as the Speaker of the Grave- a powerful mystic that made a deal with Chemosh, transforming her kind into the Shadar Kai. During the War of Chaos, a few elves tried to escape beyond the world into the paths of the Hidden Vale- but as Takhisis stile the world, they remained in the strange realm, which transformed them into the Eladrin. With the return of the gods, the Eladrin came back to Krynn- being seen as foreigners by their own kind. The Dragonesti and Dimernesti, the two clans of Sea Elves, have been united by Apoletta, the Speaker of Moons and Waves, creating a united front against the worshipers of Zeboim beneath the sea. Finally, from beyond the ocean, two new kinds of Elves have reached Ansalon for the first time- the Winged Elves of Adlatum, which come to ask for help after the war swept their continent, and the magical Cha'asii elves from Taladas, that have practiced a form of sorcery and mysticism long before the Graygem was broken. Most elves, as the children of the gods of light, are naturally good, and worship the good deities- to the point that evil elves are being banished and exiled from their society, with the great wizard Dalamar the Black being the most famous of those. The Pale Elves, however, are mostly evil, worshiping Morgion which gave them a place in the world. Both the Shadar Kai and the Eladrin are mostly neutral, even though the first worship mostly Chemosh. All elves have great respect for both divine and arcane magic, respecting magical powers of all kinds.

NOTE: treat Pale Elves as Drow, Kagonesti as Wood Elves and Cha'asii as Wild Elves

Gnomes- One of the infamous Greygem Race, the gnomes are motivated by endless curiosity and endless motivation. Having established an alliance with Solmania, most of the gnomes live in Mount. Nevermind, where they constantly work toward creating new inventions of all kinds. Known for their fast talk and long names, each gnome has a lifequest they must fulfill, and if they fail in it to pass it to their descendants. Most of the gnomish inventions, however, are known to fail- creating a culture based around learning from failure and appreciating it more than success. As such, gaining rapid successes is considered to be a danger to the gnomish society as whole, leading to the individual to be banished from the mountain. Some gnomes, however, have established communities outside of the Mountain. Being considered as "barbarian" by their Tinker Gnomes cousins, those Wild Gnomes focus themselves around living with nature and direct their curiosity toward trickery and humor- even though what they find as funny is not always what other races would. During the Chaos War, some gnomes have sought escape in the depths of earth- yet the powers of the ancient have still touched them, turning them into Deep Gnomes. Rarely bothering with worshiping the gods, the most popular gods among the Tinker Gnomes is Reorx, while the Wild and Deep Gnomes prefer Chislev. Still, clerical powers are rare among the gnomes in general, and it is much more common to find mystics among the race. While there are a few wizard among the Tinker Gnomes, sorcery has caught up like fire in both subraces, even though that High Sorcery is still widely practiced among the Tinker Gnomes in the form of artifice instead of wizardy.

NOTE: treat Tinker Gnomes as Rock Gnomes and Wild Gnomes as Forest Gnomes

Kenders- the other infamous Greygem race, Kenders are also known for their curiosity- yet instead of tuning it toward creating new inventions, it extends toward the property of other races. As a race without the concept of personal belongings, they share, steal and take items freely, causing chaos wherever they go. Originally a fearless race, after the fall of Kendermore and the curse of Malys, many of the kenders became Afflicted, creating a distinction between them and those kenders which live in Hylo. Even after the fall of the Overlord and the shrinking of the Desolation, the curse of Malystrix remained powerful upon the Afflicted Kenders passed to their descendants, and even the powers of the gods can do little to sooth the curse. Still, most of the races see the kenders as pests, just a bit better than Gully Dwarves, even though that a few of those have showed great heroism- with he most famous one being Tasslehoff Burrfoot, an Hero of the Lance, Hero of Chaos and an important factor in defeating the Dark Queen once and for all. Recently, strange kin to the kenders came from across the sea- calling themselves Hunda and Kunda, those clans have natural tendency to mysticism and sorcery, choosing a spiritual path over the material kleptomania which is common among the kenders. Most kenders are non- evil and rarely lawful, and there is no record of one of them taking the Test and becoming a Wizard of High Sorcery. A few are sorcerers or mystics, and many worship Branchala, the god of music and travel, and Fizabn, one of the names for the fallen
    Paladine. The Hunda and Kunda are exclusively mystics.

NOTE: treat Kenders as Lightfoot Halflings, Afflicted Kenders as Stout Halfling and Hunda/ Kunda as Ghostwise Halfilngs.

Humans- the most common race in Ansalon, not to mention Krynn as whole, they are also one of the firstborn races, created by the gods of neutrality. As such, humans have no tendency to any side, creating both the greatest heroes and the foulest villains. Most of Ansalon's nations are human based, from the righteous Solmania to the dark Taman Busuk, from the free thinking Abanisinians to the suspicious Tarsisians. Raistlin, Caramon, Goldmmon, Riverwind, Palin, Steel, Sturn, Kitiara, Ariaks, Ariakan- the list goes on and on, detailing countless of historical characters which have shifted the power balance in the world for good and ill. Due to their wide diversity, humans practice all kinds of magics and worship all kinds of deities, always searching to change and evolve- even on the expanse of other races. The elves and dwarves have blamed the humans for years as the ones who brought the Cataclysm, and only after the War of the Lance they have started to accept their part in bringing the fury of the gods. Among all of the races, humans were the first to forsake the gods when they left and the first to accept them when they returned, always adapting to the new situation for better and worst.

Tieflings- unknown before the War of Chaos, the Tieflings have started to be born among other races shortly after the beginning of the 5th Age and the theft of the world. While many of them were killed as children, making them into a rare race, a few has survived to adulthood- their demonic appearance striking terror in the heart of most men. Scholars which investigated the strange race claim them to be the souls of those destroyed in the Chaos War, being reborn after the end of the world was avoided. While many were despised by the other races, they have slowly banded together, discovering that they can breed true among themselves and their kin, resulting with new Tieflings. They have also discovered that a number of strong bloodlines exist among the strange race, each claiming origin from another Daemonlord from the armies of Chaos. With innate magic and talent for sorcery, very few Tieflings has accepted the gods in their return, seeing them as unrelated to their life and creation. A number, however, have learned to strike pacts with eldritch beings from beyond Krynn, showing a great talent as warlocks. Lately, a number of Tieflings has started to settle in Qualinesti, trying to create an homeland for themselves and be recognized as one of Ansalon's true races.

Aarakocra- one of the creations of the Greygem, they are a very reclusive race, rarely making contact with other, non winged beings. They are known to have talent in mysticism and sorcery, and have worship Habbakuk and Chislev as their patron deities.

Genasi- another race which was born from the wrecks of the Chaos War, the Genasi were created from humans touched by the elemental energies of Chaos himself, as he was defeated by Usha and Tass. Each of the Genasi express one of the four elements, and can call upon them naturally. With their inborn tendency toward sorcery, even after the return of the gods only a few have tried their hands in the paths of high Sorcery and clerical magic. Instead, most of the Gensai worship beings known as the "primordials"- the children of Chaos, just as the gods are the children of the High God.

Ogres- also known as "goliaths", they are the third of the firstborn races. Being created by the gods of darkness, the ogres were once the most beautiful and powerful among the races, until Paladine has cursed them to be as ugly on the outside as on the inside. The ogres have a heart of stone, and know the mountains as the palm of their hand. For years they have lived as barbarian tribes, killing and ravaging any other race which walked through their territories, while worshiping Takhisis as their greatest goddess. Through the many wars which knew Krynn, the ogres were always on the side of darkness, usually treated as brutes and foot soldiers. Only in the Age of Mortals did a cabal of ogres found a blood magic which allowed them to regain their lost form and power. Being called as Titans, those ogres led the ogre nation- yet after the War of Souls, the rise of Golgren and the disaster caused by the Fire Rose, much of the Ogre population was wiped out. Now, the ogres of Blod and Kern are found on the verge of turning into a functional civilization, while the ogres of Daltgoth are ruled by their ruthless dictator, all while many of the wilder kind of ogres gather in Lemish under the leadership of a powerful half giant and his High Ogre patrons. While the ogres have traditionally worshiped Takhisis, after her death their is a spiritual vacuum left behind. Both Chemosh, Hiddukel and Sargonnas has tried to epxloit that vacuum to their own benefit, yet the vast majority of Blode and Kern follow their brand of mysticism. Arcane powers of all kinds are generally untrusted and hated, as they remind the ogres what they have lost- even though that from time to time a blue skinned ogre is born among his fellow ogres, showing a great talent for sorcery.

NOTE: treat Ogres as Goliaths for this game.

Aasimar- Like the Tiefling, the Aasimar have also been born among other races. Unlike them, they have only showed up in the world after the end of the War of Souls and the return of the gods. Marked as divine beings, the aasimar cause awe wherever they walk, almost a living presence of the gods themselves. A mysterious race with no wishes to create a nation of their own, the aasimar seems to be a barren race- as those few which do produce children bring descendants of the same race as the other parent, while two aasimars never give life to another child. On the other hand, aasimars keep on being born randomly, showing at all races from humans and elves to ogres and goblins. Scholars claim them to be the reborn souls of those true priests which have left the world before the first Cataclysm and the fall of the mountain of fire, and they use the existence of the so called "Fallen Aasimars" as a proof for them being reincarnated dark priests. Still, the choice between good and evil remains in the hands of each aasimar, even though their actions carries much bigger weight to their souls than those of the other races.

Goblinkind- no one knows from where did the goblins came from. Some blame the Greygem, other the devolution of the High Ogres or even a failed creation by the gods or an invading race from a foreign world, like the Overlords. Whatever the truth may be, most of the goblins, hobgoblins and bugbears are known for their evil and violent nature. They themselves claim to be born by Takhisis herself, even though she denied it. The most famous of the goblin nation was the Dragon Highlord Toede, which served in the Dragonarmies, fought against the Heroes of the Lance a number of times and was eventually killed in a failed campaign against Kendermore. Toede was later resurrected and turned away from his evil ways- and he still lives, becoming the beloved ruler of Flotsam and protector of innocents (even though he never stopped getting old, just being unable to die). The goblins of Northern Ergoth have also shown that they ca grow beyond their evil nature and become a part of the society. Still, many goblinoids serve the Dark Knights in Taman Busuk, establish terrotires in Qualinesti or gather under the dark ruler of Lemish. No one knows what the future of the goblinkind holds, but if anything, it shows an hope that perhaps there may be a future where peace would indeed come upon Ansalon. Most goblins are still evil, however, and worship evil deities- Hiddukel especially, after the death of Takhisis. Hobgoblins prefer the worship of Sargonnas, while Bugbears usually follow Morgion and Zeboim. Non evil goblinfolk either abandon the gods completely, or worship neutral gods such as Sirrion, the god of change. Arcane magic is uncommon among goblinfolk, with the exception of Bugbears which practice their own version of pact magic. Divine magic is more common, especially among the evil goblinoids and their worship of dark deities.

Firbolg- a lone branch born from the devolution of High Ogres, the Firbolg are those ogres which have managed to avoid a complete fall to barbarism through a pact with Chislev, the goddess, of nature. As such, they have maintained some of the shapeshifting and magical powers, but have committed themselves to protect nature and maintain the balance. A reclusive race, the Firbolg has barely felt the left of the gods after the Chaos War, other than their own wars against daemons and other chaos spawned horrors, as they have quickly utilized their own innate magic and discovered mysticism. After the return of the gods, their society is ruled by druids and mystics. After Chislev's return, she has whispered to the Firbolg that their help is needed- the Overlords has corrupted nature, and they must contribute their part in cleaning the world of its influence- and as faithful beings, they are more than willing to pay their debt to Mother Nature.

Kenku- another race created by the Greygem, the raven- folk are a strange and mysterious race. According to their own legends, their kind has made a bet with Hiddukel, which ended up with them losing their voices and gift of flying. Their connection to the King of Lies makes other races suspicious toward them, not to mention their natural abilities as thieves and assassin. As a race, the Kenku rarely has a favored god or relation toward magic, and lean mostly toward neutrality. Still, Branchala, Sirrion and Hiddukel are all popular deities among their kind.

Kobolds- believing themselves to be the descendants of the first dragons themselves, the kobolds are indeed an ancient race which has plagued Ansalon for centuries. Many of them have seen powerful dragons as god by their own right, offering them tributes and worship, while others have turned to worship of the "dragon gods" of Takhais and Paladine. After the Chaos War and the lose of gods, many kobolds has gathered under the banner of the Overlords, seeing them as the incarnation of dragon power. Yet, after the War of Souls, the kobolds found themselves with both their Overlords dead and their gods fallen. Without any deity to follow, some of the kobolds have gathered around the surviving Dragonlords, while others started to think about establishing a place for themselves in the new world, without being slaves to the dragons or gods any longer. While mystics are respected among the kobolds, sorcerers are especially renewed, being seen as those which harness the their birthright and power of their ancestors.

Bakali- the so called "lizardfolk" claim to be the oldest race of Krynn, predating the soft skinned ones by thousands of years. While seen as barbarians by most of Ansalon, the bakali in fact follow a complex culture, respecting powerful druids and clerics while fearing users of arcane magic. During the rule of the Overlords, many of the Bakali gathered under the wings of the great dragons, especially Sable the Black. After her death and the rise of Pitch;s popularity, they now gather under the black Dragonlord- even though that many of them prefer to stay in their jungles and swamps, worshiping Chislev, Habbakuk and Morgion, depending on their clan and attitude toward nature. Mysticism is also a popular path among the bakali, yet since the return of the gods it is seen as a lesser path compared to the power of druids.
    Last edited by LostLight; 2019-09-12 at 08:06 AM.
    Games I'm DMing-

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Races, part 2

Spoiler
    Show
    Orcs- one of the youngest races to walk Krynn's soil, the orcs are a product of the Fire Rose catastrophe which has almost destroyed all of ogrekind. While most of the mad changes produced by the mad artifact were removed, some of the ogres touched by the burning fire of Sirrion has been transformed, as their own, dormant innate shapechanging ability reacted to the flames of chaos. Many of those so called "orcs" have escaped the ogre nations of Blode and Kern, searching for a new place to call home- even if it means to take things by force. The orcs still maintain the evil tendencies of their race, but they worship Sirrion, the mad god of the sun and their indirect creator which taught them both clerical and sorcerous arts. Most other gods are unaware of their existence, but Sirrion has plans for his new followers, due to their rapid birth rate. The world needs change, and what better way to bring it if not by an army of dreadful beasts?

Tabaxi- Claimed to be created by the Graygem, most of the so called "cat people" live in the plains east to Abanasinia. Staying away from contact with most other races, the tabaxi fear strangers and communicate only with the plainsmen and centaurs for the purposes of trade. Still,due to their innate curiosity (some say it is even kender like), some tabaxi leave the plains and search to see what the world has to offer beyond them. During Beryl's occupation, the tabaxi has suffered much and avoided almost any contact with humans, and only lately they were willing to trust others again. In general, the tabaxi tend toward neutrality and worship Chislev, the World Mother, even though that many of their shamans have embraced mysticism, witchcraft, geomancy and other, more fluid forms of magic.

Triton- According to their own stories, the tritons where created during the first Cataclysm, made of those mortals which the gods deemed worthy to survive the sinking of Istar. The scholars, on the other hand, claim their origin to come from either the raw, divine magic caused by the Cataclysm, or by the passage of the Greygem, like many other exotic races. Whatever their origin may be, the tritons have established a civilization beneath the waves, while maintaining strong trading connections with the sea elves and other, non- evil marine races. Unlike the sea elves, the tritons has took a lesser part in fighting the armies of Chaos or objecting the rule of the sea Overlord Brine, even though they did helped as much as they could. With Apolleta's rise to power, the tritons have joined the undersea alliance she wished to establish in her desire to connect with the rest of the world. In general, the tritons are a very religious race, worshiping faithfully the gods of good even when the world was stolen after the Chaos War. While a few have developed mystical talents in that era, they have quickly returned to the old ways with the return of the gods. Arcane magic is frowned upon among the tritons, being seen as a path for power instead of purity.

Yuan Ti- similarly to the dragonborn, the Yuan Ti have came to the world during the late Age of Despair. Originally a band of humans worshiping the false god Belzor, the cult had deep roots in Abanasinia, especially in haven, being led by renegade wizards disguised as clerics. Their lies were uncovered by a young mage called Raistlin and his companions, causing the cult members to escape to the wilderness. While for most scholars that marks the end for the faith of Belzor the Snake God, the truth is much more insidious. Finding refuge in the mountains, the cult leader claimed Raistlin to have used foul magics to steal the divine powers of Belzor, yet the great serpent has taught him ways to defeat those false mages. Slowly, far from the eyes of the Orders of High Sorcery, the cult has practiced forbidden magics and powers men should have never use. Many of those early experiments ended with the subjects either dying or turning into sneak like beasts, forcing the cult to kidnap roaming nomads and use them as test subjects. By the time the War of the Lance has ended, the cult leader's magical skills and knowledge grew enough that he managed to use forbidden alchemy to transform himself and his faithful into the image of their god, becoming the first Yuan Ti. As a race created by sorcery, no god grant protection to the snake people, and they have remained outside most of the conflicts which erupted in Ansalon. During the 5th Age, however, the Yuan Ti discovered that their god has too stopped answering their prayers- for their wizards were left powerless. It was during that time and their current head priest went to the world under cover, searching to stop the chaos which almost destroyed the Yuan Ti society- when he met a mysterious figure that taught him the secrets of the heart and mind- the Shadow Sorcerer. Using that knowledge the Yuan Ti high priest used divine magic for the first time in the race's history, enforcing his followers back to order. While the gods has since returned, the Yuan Ti never noticed, for their god returned first- and with the blessing of their god, they plan to show the other races of Krynn the faith of the "one, true god". Almost all Yuan Ti are evil, and follow their own false religion by using mysticism.

Tortle- while claimed to be a part of the Graygem races by the scholars of Krynn, the tortles tell that they are in fact the cousins of the bakali, being one of the first races to walk the earth long before the soft skinned ones awakened from their sleep. Due to their small numbers, long lives and tendency to stay away from strangers, the tortles are not well known by most of Ansalon's population, preferring to live on their own under the guidance of druids and wizards. With the lose of the gods after the Chaos War some tortles have learned the ways of mysticism, yet with their return most have converted back to druidic magic. As a good natured race, most tortle worship Habbakuk and Chislev, the gods of beasts and nature, while they do pay respect to Sirrion, the god of the sun, Mishakal, the goddess of healing and Majere, the god of wisdom. Most of them have moved to Nordmaar, joining Pitch's social experiment.

Grung- the wild and aggressive grung are rarely being considered by the races of Ansalon as nothing more than a nuisance. While some claim them to originate by the passing of the Greygem, other scholars wonder if their frog-like appearance is misleading, and point to strange entities known as the "Slaad" which lurk in the chaos beyond the Domes of Creation and which first massively appeared during the Chaos War. The grung themselves claim that they have came from "beyond the stars" by the "lords of colour", which further suggests they may be related to the slaadi. Due to their natural aptitude toward sorcery, the grung have never worshiped the gods and barely even know about their existence, due to their unwillingness to work with other races. During the Chaos War, many grung have joined the armies of the Father of All and Nothing in an attempt to destroy the world- yet with Chaos's fall and the theft of the world, they have returned to their isolation, attacking anyone who gets too near to their territories.

Gith- unlike most of the other races, the gith are not native to Krynn- they are immigrants, latecomers which reached out beyond the Grey and settled down on the far reaches of the Krynn. Coming to Krynn only during the early Age of Mortals, most of them has settled far in the Shattered Lands of Ryodo, coming into contact with the Ansalonian population only recently. As it seems, the gith are found in a constant civil war- one faction, called the Githyanki, are waring ravagers which cross the ocean upon fast ships and take whatever they wish. The other, the Githzerai, live monastic lives, where they work to tame chaotic energies and force them to their will. After the War of Souls, a number of deities has tried to court after the new race, yet none has managed to get a strong grip on them. The githzerai, while finding some values to respect in Majere, prefer to follow the more independent paths of mysticism and sorcery. The githyanki also practice mysticism, yet instead of faith in themselves they derive it from worshiping their undead queen, which hunts for magical artifacts. With the return of the moons, however, the githyanki has started to produce wizards, and while they are all renegades in the eyes of the Orders they did caught the eye of Nuitari in his attempt to get a foothold among them. Most githzerai are lawful, while the githyanki are evil.

Changelings- when the Greygem passed through Krynn, it has introduced chaos wherever it went. In some cases, it produced powerful and wild magic. On others, it melded shapes and forms together. Both cases has ended with the creation of new races, mostly the beastfolk which no walk the world. However, sometimes its effects where much less predictable. The changelings are said to have been created in Gargath island, where the wizard have managed to finally managed to trap the Greygem for many years. In the course of fight between the wizard and the artifact, the strange energies of the stone covered the island, forever marking a third of its population. Instead of melding forms together or changing their shape, the Greygem has erased the concept of face and identity from the people, leaving them grey and faceless. While lacking any form of their own, those changeling have slowly scattered through the world, a rare race with thousand faces which use secret language in order to communicate with one another. Only recently did their numbers increased enough that the other races of Krynn have noticed their existence. As adaptive creatures, the changelings practice all kinds of magic, and worship the more chaotic and changing deities- Branchala, Sirrion and Hiddukel.

Kalashtar- Coming from the distant continent of Sukyota, the Kalashtar are a symbiotic being. According to their own legends, they were formed when spirits from the Beyond called the quori have found Krynn in the faraway travel from beyond the stars. Lost and afraid, the quori have found solace by merging with the souls of mortals during the early Age of Starbirth, using the chaos of the All Saints War as cover. Since then, the kalashtar has existed as an high class in Sukyota, using their natural, mystical abilities in order to lead their civilization. Due to those strange gifts of the Mind and Heart, the kalashtar has barely noticed the departures of the gods during the Cataclysms, even though they have their own ways to respect them. Majere and Zivilyn are the highest gods in the kalashtar faith, and some of them even say that one of their own was chosen to replace the later when he left for a self imposed exile. As the trade between continents became strong, the kalashtar have finally came into contact with Ansalon, showing a lot of interest in the Citadel of Light and the Ansalonian study of mysticism.

Shifter- the gods are not the only divine force to roam Krynn's heaven and earth. The Beast Lords, demigods of great power which channel the very might of nature, rule over Krynn's beasts just as the gods guide the humanoid races. Back in the early Age of Starbirth, the Beast Lords wished to have children of their own, to meditate between the animals of the world and the "higher races" meant to rule it. With the gift of the three great gods, the Beast Lords invoked their power and created beings which are both humanoid and animal, crossing the boundary between the two centuries before the Greygem went out of control. Through the ages, mot of the shifters went extinct in most of the continents or were inbred with the new beastfolk birthed by the Greygem. In Royodo, however, a strong community of shifters have survived, and recently through intercontinental trade they have came in contact with Ansalon. The shifters are divided into a number of clans, with each clan being based around one of the Beast Lords. Unlike many of the other races, the shifters worship the Beast Lords as totems instead of the gods. As each of the Beast Lords serves as a channel of communication with one of the gods, the shifters have managed to produce a number of shamans through the generations. After the Chaos War, the shifters were left without their Beast Lords and their gods, leaving them as powerless as the rest of Krynn until they have unlocked the powers of mysticism. With the return of their totems however, most shifters have converted back to the old ways.

Warforged- the first artificial race to walk the face of Krynn (unless one were to consider the draconians), the warforged were created in the depths of Mount. Nevermind by the gnome completing her lifequest. A product of both sorcery and mysticism, no one really knows how or why the warforged work. A special comity has been established to examine the situation, but in the meanwhile the warforged has became an important workforce in Nevermind. With most of the warforged being contained in the mountain, very few outside of it are aware of their existence, and those who are consider them as nothing automatons, lacking any will of their own. Clerics and wizards which discover the truth, that the warforged are beings of free will and thought, withstand a paradox which defies everything they thought they knew. Some clerics wonder if they truly have souls, and if it is moral to trap such souls in artificial bodies, and if not what waits for that race in the afterlife. Wizards use them as a propaganda against the dangers of sorcery, and the threat of creating artificial lives. Meanwhile, the warforged themselves found themselves asking the same questions. Most of those who went on a spiritual path favor sorcery and mysticism, the powers which have brought them into existence, but a fair number of them also practice artifice, while a number of clerics dedicated for Reorx have also rose from their ranks. The meaning of this is yet to be known.

Centaur- one of the most populous members of the so called "beastfolk" clans, the centaurs are found mostly at the plains east to Abanisinia, even though a large community of them exists in Darken Wood, serving the great Forestmaster. Said to be created by the Greygem as it united plainsfolk and their horses together, the centaurs have contributed their part in Ansalon's many wars, such as guiding the Heroes of the Lance through Darken Wood or fighting the spawn of Chaos which tried to kill the Forestmaster. In general, the centaurs are good hearted race, worshiping Habbakuk and Chislev, and though that during the 5th Age, many have shown great talent toward mysticism.

Minotaur- one of the older races of Krynn, most scholars claim them to be a member of the ogre races, either being created due to the passing of the Greygem or due the devolution of the High Ogres because of the divine curse. The Minotaurs, on the other hand, claim to be created directly by their god, Sargas (their name for Sargonnas, even though that some minotaurs claim the two names to refer to two different gods). Power hungry and expansionist race, it did produced a number of known heroes through Krynn's history, such as Kaz, a friend to Huma Dragonbane himself, and Galdar, which served Mina during the War of Souls. While some claim them to be barbarians, they are in fact one of the more sophisticated races in Krynn, creating one of the greatest, non human empires in the world, which serves as the main trading channel with other continents. While they view all other races all lowly compared to them, especially the ogres which they despise, they do maintain a string tradition of honor and debts, as well a being one of the best sailors that Krynn has ever known. Most of the minotaurs lean toward evil, and worship both their patron god Sargas the Horned, and his daughter, Zeboim the sea goddess. Good minotaurs worship Kiri Julith in his horned incarnation, and while having faith in him is considered heresy his paladins and knights are still respected by the Minotaur Empire. While the previous minotaur queen have practiced mysticism, since the return of the gods the minotaurs has embraced their god with open arms.

Loxodon- birthed by the Greygem, the elephant- people are foreigners in Ansalon. Originally from Sukyota, the loxodons are known for their talents as stonemasons and architects of temples for the gods. Mostly a good nature race, the loxodons are a theocratic society that respects all of the gods of goods equally. Before the Cataclysm, the loxodon were so lost in the beauty of their own temples and monuments that they have forgotten the gods. After the destruction, they have worked hard to fix the broken structures, yet no matter how beautiful were their creations the gods have not returned. Only centuries later, during the late Age of Despair, they would learn from their errors and find the gods beyond the cold touch of stone- only to lose the gods once more during the War of Chaos. Seeing it as another test for their faith, the loxodon has shattered their monuments and prayed strongly to the gods, until their return after the War of Souls. Having never embraced mysticism, many of the loxodons are clerics for Mishakal, the goddess of healing, which they see as their patron, as well as Shinare, the goddess of civilization and trade.

Vedalken- no one knows from where the vedalken came from. Some claim them to be descendants of the high ogres, which have somehow maintained their power and form. Other blame the Greygem. They say that they come from Taladas. Taladasians point to Adaltum. Royodons pont to the underground Chorian, while Sukyotans think they are from Ansalon. The vedalken, of course, know the truth- that neither of those is true. They came from the Gray, from the Beyond, from other worlds beyond Krynn. They are a race of travelers and nomads, dedicated toward discovering all that there is to know. For four ages Krynn was blocked to them, protected by the strong barriers of the gods. With the Chaos War and Takhisis stealing the world, however, the gates were left open, and just like the Overlords and vedalken have found their way in. In Krynn, the vedalken are extremely excited from the study of mysticism, seeing it a power unique to Krynn which they wonder if can be discovered in other worlds, too. They are also quick to learn the special spells developed by Keynn's mages, and a number of them have already passed the Test and joined the Orders of High Sorcery. While they are immigrants, the vedalken know that they should respect the local gods of the world, and have found special interest in Gilean, the god of knowledge.

Agave- one of the lesser known races, the small plant people have found their birth only following great destruction. When the Citadel of Light was founded, the elves have gifted Goldmoon with a mystical hedge, meant to guide souls and hearts which are lost in the darkness. That hedge was guided by a strong, mystical mind, and when the army of Beryl invaded the Citadel in search for Palin and Tass, wishing to put her claws upon the legendary Time Traveling Device, the hedge has guided them to safety and protected them from the army. In a futile attempt to catch their prey, the dragons burned the hedge, until nothing was left- at least, that's what they thought. While the mind of the hedge has died and a new one would be planted, seeds of the hedge remained hidden in the ground, and due to the strange powers of the Time Travel Device and the mystical energies of the hedge those seeds have too been awakened into life, growing into a new race in Schallsea. While the mystics were awestruck at discovering the race birthed from the burned remains of the hedge, they have also quickly became the protectors of the plant people, which they named as "agave". Due to their origin, the agave mostly follow paths of myticism, even though that a number have found a faith in the gods, especially in Chislev.

Kor- another race to come to Krynn from other worlds, the kor are a race of nomads and mystics. Unlike the vedalken which they call as kin, the kor came from the Beyond in search for holy places to guard and protect. As such, they have mostly became guardians of ruined temples and lost cities, where they search for hidden meanings and mysteries. During the Age of Mortals, they have became fascinated by mysticism, even though they share their respect to all gods when they returned after the War of Souls. Due to their lonesome nature, most of Krynn's people are yet to encounter them, even though they have established a community near Godshome, and follow both Valthonis, Paladine's earthly incarnation, and Mina, which has left the world behind in sorrow.

Dhampir- the curse of Nightlund is strong, stronger than one could even imagine. While the white wizards have managed to start and life the curse, a price must always be paid, and the balance must always be kept. While there aren't many communities near the dark land, those who live in the new villages guarded by wizards and clerics has found a strange phenomenon- some of their children were born with pale skin and crimson eyes. Being the byproduct of removing the curse, those "vampire children" are usually supervised by the local guardian, which tries to teach them to reject their inner darkness and channel it toward good purposes. When they succeed, the dhampirs show great aptitude in fighting the undead and the curses which brought them to life. When failed, the dhampires turn into forces of destruction and tragedy. Due to the close watch of the wizards, many dhampirs learn High Sorcery by themselves and become a part of the orders. On the other hand, Chemosh have also found himself interested in the half living race, and his whispers feel their dreams as he try to lure them to his side in yet another struggle of power in the heaven.

NOTE: the dhampirs use the traits for vampires from Planeshift.

Irda- before the ogres have fallen from grace, they were the Irda: beautiful, blue skinned, highly magical race which knew how to change the shape just like how one may change their clothes. However, as the children of Takhisis, Paladine cursed them to lose their beauty, and their changing nature went out of control, leading them to become ugly beings. At least, most of them. Some have managed to maintain their form, either through a compact with the gods of light to leave their evil ways behind, or through careful and ruthless breeding program where any deformed child would be killed. As a reclusive race, the Irda remained a legendary race, becoming mythological figures of great power. Yet, it is not that they had no impact on Krynn's history- for the Irda which swore to the gods of good were the ones to also shatter the Greygem, releasing Chaos and almost ending the world. Many of the Irda were killed in the event, leaving only a few survivors. However, back in the Dragon Islands, two groups of high ogres still maintain fight- one , like the Irda, took an oath to the gods of light, while the other, the Nzunta, maintained their evil ways. Adlatum have also kept a more or less pure bloodline of evil irda, and during the trade between continents both them and the Nzunta have came under cover to Lemish, guiding the dark forces in there into a true army of evil. All irda have aptitude toward arcane magic, and many have chosen either the path of wizards or sorcerers, relying on either the moons or their inborn magic. After the fall of Paladine and Takhisis, the good irda have been drawn to Mishakal, the healing hand, while most of the evil irda remained with no patron, preferring to put their own selfish wills before those of any other god which have let them to fall from grace.

Kyrie- said to be born from elves touched by the Greygem, the Kyrie are a race of winged individuals, with a very tense relationship with the aaracokra. As a reclusive race, the kyrie prefer to keep themselves to far cliffs and mountains, especially around the Blood Sea Islands where they fight against invading minotaurs. Due to the touch of the Greygem, the kyrie are natural mystics, using their talents for healing and protection. They are a generally good race, and they worship Habbakuk and Mishakal.

Phaeton- another race of Greygem touched elves, the phaeton look like regular humanoinds until the moment they spread their wings of flame from their back. Where the kyrie have developed natural mystical abilities, many of the phaeton are natural sorcerers, as well as great monks which combine their flame manipulating abilities to their fighting style. All of the phaeton respect Sirrion, the god of flame, while high priests of Habbakuk, the Blue Phoenix, discover that the colour of their flames have turned into bright azure. Evil phaeton, on the other hand, worship Sargonnas, the god of volcanoes and vengeance, something which give their wings a dark red colour, like blood.

Tayfolk- an exotic race from a nameless island in the middle of the ocean, the Tayfolk are a race of twins bound by an empathic bond. Each couple is made of two individuals- a Tayling, an elf-like race of great magical power and intelligence, and the Taylang, a beast-like race of great power and fortitude. The two twins always work together, rarely straying from each other. The were first discovered by Araikan, as the Dark Knights tried to convince them to join his armies- a proposition they refused for, causing a fight between the race. Since then, the Tayfolk have left their island, spreading through the whole world while exacting vengeance against any Dark Knight they find- making them also into a few of the best guides for traveling the seas for distant continent. According to scholars which met them, they seem to be a variation of the elf race, probably mutated by the Greygem. Some wonder if they were in fact the result of ogres and elves developing magical bonds due to the gem's passing, turning enemies into siblings. They are mostly a neutral race, where the Tayling usually utilize magical powers of all kinds and the Taylang focus more on the material world.

Thanoi- the so called "walrus people" are mostly assumed to be a product of the Greygem from ogres. A selfish and war loving race, they have joined the efforts of the Dark Queen in every chance they had, as long as the weather was cold enough. Usually occupying the Icereach wall, the thanoi fight the icefolk on daily basis. During the war of the race, they have faithfully served the Dragonarmies. When the Overlords came, they sided with Gellidus the White. In modern times, they follow the commands of the two white Dragonlords. Still, every now and then, a non evil thanoi shows up among his kin, worshiping Habbakuk or Kiri Julith. Still, the vast majority of them follow the ways of darkness, offering their prayers to Sargonnas (if any) since the death of their Queen.

Ursoi- coming from the underground Chorane, the bear folk are a caring race which works together with the other races of the Land of Ice and Fire. During the War of the Lance, many of them have left their underground communities and foguht side to side with the icefolk against the threat of white dragons. Due to their inability to speak the languages of other races, they have developed their own sign languages, and use translators from the Icefolk. Their hands are also unfit for craft, making them to depend on trade for tools and weapons. Many of them are shamans, and they worship Chislev, Kiri Julith and Sargonnas. They are also known to eat their own dead, a tradition seen as barbaric by most of the other races, something which the ursoi have never understood why.

Shadow People- another underground race, the bat people have developed the mystical powers of the mind centuries before Chaos was freed. Living in the tunnels and mountains of Ansalon, their greatest community is found near Sanction of Taman Busuk. While a reclusive race which fears strangers, the shadow people have contributed much for the War of the Lance as they helped Gilthanas and his lover, the dragon Silvara, to escape Ariakss jail and discover the secret of what happened to the eggs of good dragons, allowing them to join the war and change the tide. Still, very few people know that they exist, and those who do claim them to either be a product of the Greygem or people which have tried to find escape from the Cataclysm.

Tarmak- native to Ithincarthia, the tarmak are the closets to humans from all of the other races of Krynn, probably being a certain variation of them. Taller than most of the humans, with sharp ears such as those of elves and a war loving culture, the Tarmak were zealot followers of the Dark Queen, which even saw Araikan as a prophesied saint. They are divided into a number of tribes in Ithtincarthia, following their mystic- seers and their prophecies. They cover themselves with a strange, blue paint, which they claim to have mystical properties which strength the body and protect from weapons. The best warleaders are the most respected individuals among the tarmak other than their mystics. After the War of Souls and the death of Takhisis, the tarmak are yet to serve another god other than their own prophecy, and a number of gods of evil have tried to take her place in their heart, but with no success. Most of the tarmak have left Ansalon after the Chaos War, even though that some of their communities still maintain hold in the continent, especially after the beginning of the transcontinental trade, in which they biggest export is themselves, as ruthless mercenaries.
    Last edited by LostLight; 2019-09-12 at 08:07 AM.
    Games I'm DMing-

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Classes of Ansalon

Spoiler
    Show
    Artificer- masters of magical creation, the practice of artifice is mostly common among the gnomes of Mount. Nevermind. Using a combination of magical understanding and technological ingenuity, many strange and unstable machinery have been created by the gnomes, for the eternal sorrow of the rest of Krynn's people. Still, the art of crafting magical items is far from being exclusive for the gnomish society, and has been practiced for centuries in the halls of the Towers of High Sorcery for a path for those who may be less magically powerful, yet still have a strong technical understanding of how magic works and how it can be used. A few of Dark Dwarves have also practiced the art, choosing the tools of the forge over learning from books and creating many wondrous and cursed items. The few, most famous artificers are the gnomes Gnimish, which have created and fixed Time Travel Devices, and Conundrum, that repaired the same device during the War of Souls, Duncan Ironweaver, a student of Reorx himself, and Theros Ironfeld, an Hero of the Lance which used the Silver Arm of Ergoth to forge the Dragonlances that helped defeating the armies of the Dark Queen. Due to tradition of artifice is based around studying and converting the moons' magic, with the beginning of the Age of Mortals those creators have discovered they lost their capabilities to make new objects- even though older magical creations maintained their power, allowing them, as well as other mages, to leech their magic and use it for their spells. With the return of the gods after the War of Souls, the practice of artifice has bloomed once more, as the makers worked hard to rebuild what was lost. Artificers use arcane and focused magic, and as such they have to pass through the Test. However, as they gain access to high level spells much later than wizards, they do so only at 5th level. Artificers which progress beyond that level without the Test are considered renegades, even though that most of the dark dwarves and gnomes fall into that category and are left alone as they do not come in contact with the rest of Ansalon. Most of the Orders' artificers specialize as Alchemists and Archivists (with some of the later serving in the Library of Palanthas), while gnomes and dwarves usually produce Artillerists and Battle Smiths, even though that gnomes are known for the two other variations as well. Due to their interest in craft and magic, most artificers worship the three gods of magic (Solinari, Lunitari and Nuitari) alongside Reorx.

Barbarian- while the "civilized" people of Ansalon would call any civilization they dim as lower as "barbarian", true barbarian are those ferocious warriors that fight not through self discipline and technique, but by channeling their inner rage and brute force. Almost any race has produced barbarian through the centuries- nomad humans from the plains, marches and tundras, kagonesti elves from Southern Ergoth and the Klar clan of Thorbardin. Still most barbarians are found among the monstrous races, such as ogres and goblinkind. Minotaurs are exception, due to them putting higher place in self discipline than mindless destruction. Before the Age of Mortals, most barbarians were Berserkers, even though barbarian gnomes have produced a special, armored fighting style to become Battleragers and many ogres used their large size to follow the path of the Juggernaut. A number of divine followers, especially those who follow the more wrathful gods such as Zeboim, Sargonnas, Chislev and Kiri Julith, have embraced the teaching of their gods to their heart and became Zealots, channeling their patron's divine fury. The zealots were gone after the Cataclysm and showed up only after the War of the Lance. When the world was stolen after the Chaos War, the zealots lost their powers once more, even though that with the discovery of mysticism they have managed to compensate for the lose. After the gods returned, some zealots have returned to follow the paths of their gods, while others chose the harness the divine power of their wrathful heart. Other ways barbarians have learned to channel mysticism are the paths of Totem Warrior, which draws upon the spirit world, and the Ancestral Guardian, which called upon the souls of the dead that remained on Krynn. After the War of Souls, many of those dead were freed from Takhisis's web, many of the ancestral guardians found their power lacking, even though some ancestors remained behind to guide their descendants. On the other hand, a few barbarians have also decided to walk the paths of sorcery, harnessing wild magic to become Wild Souls and elemental chaos to become Storm Herald.

Bard- while there were always performers in Ansalon, the ability to meld magic and music together was discovered in Ansalon only after the Chaos War, even though it was common in Adlatum since the Greygem passed through that continent. Using a combination of wild magic and mysticism, bards are known for their versatile spells and ability to touch the hearts of others through performance, inspiring them to great deeds. Bards are claimed to draw their power from the "song of life", the gift of Branchala to the world and the collection of all souls upon Krynn. As such, many bards worship the god of music, even though that Sirrion, Zivilyn and Gilean are also popular choices, while Hiddukel is mostly worshiped by evil bards. During the time before the War of Souls, many bards have found their abilities failing, unaware that the cause was the spirits of the dead. With the end of the war, the bards have regained their previous capabilities. Humans and kenders are the two most common races to produce bards, while more monstrous races such as ogres and minotaurs rarely find the proper understanding of the Song of Life to do so. Due to their unique combination of magic, bards are the only ones to naturally use both divine and arcane magic, and while their powers are ambient in nature they are also the only ones which can multiclass with focused magic class. As such, all bards are considered to be renegades in the eyes of the Orders of High Sorcery. Their mystical tendency also express itself through the their ability to draw power from their virtues. Many bards of Lore have found themselves serving in the order of aesthetics alongside the clerics of Gilean, even though that any knowledge loving bard have developed that virtue. Some bards, especially those in tribal societies, have channeled the virtue of Valor to help warriors in battle. Those who value Cunning focus less on inspiring others for battle and more about fighting themselves, using swords and blades through a combination of trickery. Many kenders find themselves drawn to the path of the bard, mostly embracing the teaching of Satire and turn into jesters that could drive one's mind mad. Some bards of fey origin, or that were taught their magic by the fey, discover in them a greater affinity toward magic and enchantment, becoming known as bards of Glamour. Bards which appreciate Harmony are known as "maestros", which specialize in studying the Song of Life to its fullest. Finally, some of bards embrace the darkness of the Heart, value Vice instead of virtue and use their whispers to manipulate the minds of the crowd to their own will while turning fear into power.

NOTE: Cunning refers to the College of Swords, Harmony to the Maestro and Vice to Whispers.

Cleric- among all users of magic, clerics were the first to walk Krynn's earth- even if they vanished from time to time. Chosen by the gods themselves, each cleric carries of the agenda of their deity, and works to guide their people toward what they deem as the "right path". As such, all gods but the three gods of magic, Mina and the principles of the world (the High God and Chaos) have clerics working for them in Ansalon, and almost all races have produced clerics for the gods the worship. The first time that the touch of the gods has started to leave the world was during the late Age of Might, as the faith in self glory took over the faith in the gods themselves, getting the world out of balance to the point there was no return, reaching climax when the last Kingpriest demanded divinity from the gods in the name of good, and to remove all evil from the world. Those actions brought the Cataclysm- a mountain of fire burning with the fury of the gods, which clashed upon Krynn and destroyed Istar, the holy empire. Only during the late Age of Despair, when dragons would fly through the sky and the War of the Lance would begin, the gods would return to the world- or, more exactly, the world has returned to the gods. After the Chaos War, it seemed that the gods have left the world again, for its own protection, leaving the people of Krynn to fend for themselves until they found the gift of mysticism. Only years later, during the War of Souls, the truth would be found- the world was stolen by Takhisis, only by an heroic sacrifice the Dark Queen was stopped once and for all. Now, with two vacant places in Heaven, full of suspicious toward one another and having to compete against mysticism for the first time, the gods are much more involved in the world, fighting for each and every soul- causing their clerics to search after believers and convert them to their faith. Clerics are divine, focused magic type of class, which have clashed with arcane users more than once. Known clerics are Goldmoon, which brought the faith back to the world during the War of the Lance. Elistan, a former false priest which have converted back to the true faith, Crysania, which worked with Raistlin to break into the Abyss and Mina, which fought in the name of the "One God" during the War of Souls. Clerics in general are focused around local temples, which are connected through several means with the higher hierarchies of their churches if at all. Those churches commune with each other loosely, under a network informally known as the "Holy Order of the Stars". Lone priests and isolated temples do exist, united only through their faith in the same god. The Knights of the Skull were once a structured order of clerics of Takhsis, yet after the Chaos War they have mostly converted to mysticism, and after the War of Souls some have turned to Chemosh. As for the Domains the gods grant, Death clerics usually worship Chemosh and Morgion, Forge clerics worship Reorx and Shinare, Grave Mishakal and Chislev, Knowledge Gilean, Zivilyn and Branchala, Life tend to Mishakal, Light to Branchala, Mishakal and Habbakuk, Nature to Chislev and Habbakuk, Order Shinare and Majere, Protection Kiri Julith and Majere, Tempest Zeboim, Trickery Hiddukel, Sirrion and Branchala, War Sargonnas and Kiri Julith, Blood Chemosh and Chislev, Solidarity Habbakuk, Strength Kiri Julith and Sargonnas, Ambition Hiddukel and Sirrion and Zeal Sargonnas and Zeboim. While under an agreement to leave the ways of magic to the moon gods alone, Sirrion and Zeboim has secretly also started to grant their own version of sorcery, breaching the divine compact and allowing the gods of magic to grant a few chosen souls the Arcana domain.. War clerics of Kiri Julith (and a few of Shinare) are known to serve as members of the Solmanic Knights of the Sword.

NOTE: each cleric also gains a proficiency in the favored weapon of their god. That proficiency is for the specific weapon alone. Each cleric also carries a Medallion of Faith, which is used to channel divine magic.

Druid- like clerics, the druids also worship the gods of Krynn. Unlike the clerics, however, the druids avoid worshiping the gods directly, instead channeling their power through the worship of nature and the faces of the world in Krynn itself. Like the clerics, the druids have also emerged and vanished with the gods, losing their powers after the two Cataclysms. Yet where the clerics turned to worship false during the Age of Despair, the druids practiced their worship of nature undisturbed, even as they lost their spells and wild shaping abilities, becoming healers and herbalists. In the 5th Age, however, most druids has converted to mysticism, allowing them to maintain their capabilities until the gods have returned. The most famous druid was Waylorn Wavernsbane, which fought dragons and undead in the name of nature. Many elves, due to their respect toward nature, become druids (especially kagonesti elves), as well as humans, Klar Dwarves and centaurs. Druids use a variant of divine magic, which they sometimes name as "old" or "natural" magic, and channel it in a focused form. Many druids worship the gods of nature, mostly Chislev, Zeboim and Habbakuk, even though a number pay respect to Sirrion and Morgion. Land druid represents the overall structure of the "druidic order"- a parallel system for the Holy Order of the Stars which allows communication between disparate druidic circles. Druids of the Wild prefer a more solitary life, focusing their shapeshifting abilities and learn how to walk among beasts. Druids of Dreams showed up in the 5th Age, when the world of the fey became closer to Krynn and allowed some druids to extend their attention to it. Shepherds are those druids which pay their respects to the Beast Lords of Krynn, while Twilight druids are the new champions of Chislev, showing up only after Chemosh's many attempts to claim the throne of Darkness and defile life and death. Finally, druids of the Spores are generally disliked by their peers, as they are seen as the agents of Morgion, the god of rot and plague.

Fighter- the most common class among Krynn's heroes, fighters are those warriors that has shown great talent and calculated technique in combat. Humans, elves and dwarves have all produced many heroic fighters, such as Kharas, Kitiara, Ariakas, Ariakan, Caramon, Tanis Half Elf, Laurana, Prothios, Alhana, Flint, Dhamaon, Sturn, Steel and Gilthanas. Unlike some classes, fighters come from almost anywhere. Some are nobles, others are soldiers, some are mercenaries or idealists. Excluding mercenary companies and lone fighters, the most structured fighter orders are the Order of Crown among the Knights of Solmania, the Order of the Lily among the Knights of Neraka and the Legion of Steel. Champions represents fighters which put all of their resources to become a killing machine, such as Caramon. Battle Masters usually serve as the generals in mercenary armies and the knighthoods of Ansalon, while the Cavaliers serves in their front lines. Sharpshooters occupy the archer position in most armies. The tradition of the Samurai as warrior- poets have been developed in Royodo, and has been slowly extended to the other continents, with some Knights of the Rose strongly embracing its values. Bannerets are usually taken among fighters of noble descent, as well as Knights of the Crown. While most fighters relay mostly on their physical strength, some, like the famous Gilthanas and some among the Knights of the Thorn before the Chaos War, work to mix fighting skills together with magical talents. Those Eldritch Knights mostly utilize wizardy, and has such most have lost their powers between the Chaos War and the War of Souls, converting either to sorcery or to other paths of fighting. While many elves practice the tradition, the practice is tolerated as long as they only dabble with magic and don't reach the higher levels of the art. If an Eldritch Knight progress above level 7, they are required to pass the Test. Yet, following the laws of magic, they must also forsaken their weapons and relay only on their spells, or else they will be branded as renegades. During the 5th Age, however, the ability of the Orders to enforce that rule has weakened, as they work hard dealing with the "plague of sorcery". In order to avoid that dilemma, magically talented elves which wish to use it for battle purposes have developed the Arcane Archer style, which is guarded jealously by them and only a few non elves know its secrets. Due to its more flexible, non spell casting structure, they have much more easily converted into using sorcery without any visible different. Eldritch Knights and Arcane Archers are both arcane spellcasters, with the previous being focused and the later either focused or ambient (decided when taking the Archetype). Recently, the gnomes of Mount. Nevermind have managed to stabilize their "most wondrous technology", one which will "revolutionize the ways of war". Gunpowder. While many are still wary of using those weapons, enough gnomes have got training as Gunslingers, and it is only a matter of time before other people will start to see the potential of those weapons, for better or worse.

NOTE: treat Banneretes as Knights of the Purple Dragon

Geomancer- there were no geomancers before the Age of Mortals. Not even in the distant Adlatum, where the Greygem roamed wild and brought ambient magic to the world ages before the other continents. The reason is, that while geomancers draw power from the world of Krynn, just like sorcerers, they do not simply harness the wild magic. Instead, they formalize it through a process of rituals and charms, concoctions and elixirs. They draw upon the ley lines of "Living Krynn", and incorporate the names of strange beings they name as the "primordials"- the children of Chaos, which called them to the world during the Chaos War just as the High God invoked the deities to forge the world from the Chaos. First showing up in distant Sukyoka, the geomancers have learned the ways of the elements and how to invoke those new, elemental deities during the Age of Mortals. With the return of the gods, the primordials were banished from Krynn, even though they still maintain contact with it through the ley lines. Recently, the practice of geomancy has spread to Ansalon, and while the subject has been studied in the Citadel of Light, many clerics are wary of those priests and the elemental tradition they worship instead of the gods, as well as wizards who are wary of their elemental power. Geomancers practice a form of ambient, arcane magic called "geomancy". As a new practice in Ansalon, all races are open to the possibility of the tradition, even though that humans were the quickest to adapt it. Each geomancer focus themselves around a single element- Air for free thinkers, Earth for traditionalists, Fire for passionate zealots and Water survivors and adapters.

NOTE: use the Shugenja class to represent the Geomancer.

Incarnate- a recently discovered form of mysticism, the style of "chakra binding" and "soulmelding" was discovered by monks and mystics working together and sharing each other's ideas. Like the Power of the Heart, incarnates have learned how to draw upon the innate divinity of their own souls. Unlike mystics, however, incarnates know how to meld flesh and spirit, weaving physical structures from their own spiritual energy and "incarnating" themselves in their own flesh. Due to the strange and new nature of the practice, there aren't many incarnates in Ansalon, and those who exist are usually of low level and capabilities. The powers of soulmelding seems to be a mystery for now. Incarnates are divided according to the way they manifest their own souls. Incandescents invoke their own, inner light and purity to the world. Necrocarnates, on the other hand, channel the powers of necromancy and the darkness of the Heart. The Soulborn are those incarnates that call upon their warrior instincts or lust for battle. Finally, Totemists are those which seek to bind their souls to the natural world and the might of the Beast Lords. Due to the mystical source of their power, incarnates generally don't worship any of the gods.

Monk- said to have been taught the art of self discipline and channeling their inner power by Majere himself, most- if not all- monks in Ansalon belong to the Holy Order of the Stars. While they devout their lives and souls to the gods, they are not granted with divine spells, and instead learn special techniques to channel their inner strength and imbue their body with supernatural capabilities. Due to their generally reclusive lifestyle, monks rarely travel to the world, even though that each of Majere's monks is expected to go to the travel beyond their monastery once in their life. Due to the nature of their capabilities, the monks have barely noticed the comings and leavings of the gods, maintaining their hard training and teachings with and without them. During the high Age of Might, they have even been blamed to be heretics because of their strange practices- a label which was removed during the reign of the last Kingpriest, which instead turned them into his secret police. One of the most famous monks is Rhys Mason, which has discovered the secret for defeating the Beloved of Chemosh and helped Mina in her quests for answers and eventual ascension. In general, most monks are lawful in alignment, where good monks generally worship Majere, evil respect Sargonnas and neutral ones lean toward either Gilean or Zivilyn. Generally, most monks (which are always a rare breed in Ansalon) are humans, while the elves and minotaurs have produced monasteries of their own. The githzerai are also famous for their practices, even though they are rare in Ansalon. The Citadel of Light also has its own monastery for Majere's monks, where the similarity between monkhood and mysticism is being researched. In the distant Royodo and Sukyoa, however, monks are much more common. The oldest traditions among the monks are those of the Open Hand and the Sword Master, where the former is practiced mostly among Majere's faithful and the later among the worshipers of Sargonnas. The Drunken Masters are said to have been invented by dwarf monks, even though it is also practiced among followers of Sirrion and Zeboim, making it a rare style. The way of the Four Elements has surfaced only during the Age of Mortals, from monks that turned to try and bend wild magic through discipline. The Sun Soul style is yet another 5th Age development, which combines mystical ideas together with traditional practices. The monks if the Long Death are generally despised by the rests of monasteries, good and evil as one, due to their fascination with death and their worship of Chemosh. Monks of the Shadow style also turn toward dark powers, as they search to bend the illusory forces of the Shadow world to their will. The Tranquility style is has developed by clerics of Mishakal which wished to learn the defensive capabilities of Majere's monks, creating a tradition of their own. The Copper Spider style, which puts much emphasis around knowledge and truth, are mostly an elvish style that almost went extinct with the fall of the elf kingdoms. Finally, the most recent style is that of the Astral Self, which was developed in the Citadel of Light as the monks which researched the nature of soulmeldings tried to apply that understanding to their own methods.

NOTE: treat Sword Master Monks as Kensei, and the Copper Spider as Cobalt Soul.

Mystic- mostly unknown before the Age of Mortals (other than in a few, naturally mystical races and in distant Adlatum), the powers of mysticism were discovered by Goldmoon, an Hero of the Lance, as she searched in her heart after any power that will allow her to save the life of Jasper Fireforge, a relative of her long dead friend. With her new power, she went to spread her teachings just as she once spread the faith in the true gods, building the great Citadel of Light where many lost souls came for guidance in their search for understanding the powers of mysticism. During that time, spies of the Dark Knights stole the secrets from the Citadel, allowing themselves to establish the Order of the Skull once more and create their own, wicked Vision. Thanks to those strange powers, the gift of healing has returned to the world, bringing hope once more and allowing Goldmoon to gather a number of new heroes together- heroes named as the Heroes of the Heart- that fought together against the powers of the Overlords and their schemes. Near the War of Souls, the powers of mysticism has started to fail, as the dead stole their magic to feed the dark goddess Takhisis. After the war ended, tension between mystics and clerics rose, until an agreement was reached, where both a faith in the gods and in themselves was accepted. Unlike clerical magic, which invokes the might of the gods, mysticism use the "power of the Heart"- that is, it use the inner divinity of each soul, which was granted in the moment of its creation by the gods. Other than the Citadel and the Dark Knights, many Steel Legionnaires also use mysticism for their needs. As such, mystics use an ambient, divine magic. While that source of power is relatively new, a number of famous mystics have already took part in shaping Ansalon's history- such as Goldmoon, Jasper, and Nightshade Pricklypear, which took part in finding the secret of the Beloved and guiding Mina. As the power of the Heart could come from every person, no race or alignment has preference toward developing those capabilities, both good and evil. Also, mystics generally don't worship the gods, while some do respect them and others reject them completely. Each mystic follows their own path toward enlightenment- those which search after the perfection of the Body could both heal the pain of others, alter their own form and enhance their own capabilities, and many of them serve as both the healers of the Citadel and train with its monks. Those who choose the perfection of the Mind work toward both improving their own sensory abilities and the power to force their will upon others- and ability used mostly by the Knights of the Skull as their craft a false Vision and read the souls of their peers. Finally, the path of Spirit are mostly made of both shamans and necromancers, which use their capabilities either to help the dead move on or to submit them to their will, clashing more than once with the clerics of Chemosh which fight over the same souls.

Oracle- curiosity among Krynn's divine spellcasters, the oracles have emerged only after the War of Souls has ended. Like clerics, the oracles seem to talk in the name of the gods. Yet, unlike clerics, the oracles seem to not be subjected to the will of a single deity- or any, perhaps. Instead of choosing their god, oracles are being chosen, channeling raw, divine energy which curse their bodies and souls, marking them as prophets. Instead of structured prayers and rituals, the oracles witness visions of unknown origin, either of coming destruction or golden age of perfection, and by interpreting those prophecies they can gain their spells. Due to their strange nature, many oracles are hermits, trying to avoid the greater politics of the Holy Order of the Stars to which they technically belong. Some clerics, however, search after them, wishing to have a better understanding of the nature of the divine. Many scholars debate about the origin of those strange priests- some claim them to be the result of the detachment the souls of mortals suffered from the gods following the theft of the world, making them unable to carry the might of the gods. Others wonder of it is a case where more than one god tries to channel their power through their chosen priest, or if maybe they invoke the castoff mantles of dead Takhisis and fallen Paladine, or maybe they even touch the divine might of the High God and Chaos, the principles of creation themselves. Whatever the truth may be, the oracles indeed don't know it. Oracles use focused, divine magic, and can be chosen by whatever mysterious force that grants them their spells among all alignments and races. Oracles are divided according to their visions- visions of Battle are granted with fighting capabilities drawn from endless wars that haunt their dreams. Visions of Bones forever mark the oracle with the touch of death and rot. Visions of Flame, Stone, Waves and Wind channel the raw elemental forces of creation. Visions of Heaven know the starry path of the gods themselves. Visions of Life grant powers of healing and hope to the world. Visions of Lore serve among the Library of Palanthas as their sight witness the whole River of Time. And finally, visions of Nature reach out beyond human civilization into the world of beasts.

Paladin- champions of the gods themselves, paladins are those individuals called to serve the gods from childhood. A rarity among Krynn's people, paladins devout themselves to higher causes and ideas, serving their church as protectors and warriors. The largest paladin organization is Solamnia's Order of the Rose, the highest order among the knights, even though that some dark paladins served in the Order of the Lily in the time between the establishment of the organization and the end of the Chaos War. During the Age of Despair, paladins have vanished from the world, becoming myths and legends even in the eyes of the Knights of Solmania, and those which were left behind were murdered by their subject, loosing all of their divine powers. Only after the War of the Lance did some paladins showed up among the ranks of Solmania's knights, only to disappear once more when the gods left the world, forcing them to convert into mysticism or lose all divine capabilities. With the return of the gods, new paladins can finally be chosen once more, bringing hope or despair wherever they go. In order to advance in the ranks of paladinhood, each paladin must eventually take an oath before the god they serve, where breaking their oath may have terrible results. Cathan Twiceborn is an example for a paladin. As they draw their power from the gods, paladins use focused, divine magic, and can come from any alignment, even though that good paladins are still the most common in Krynn. Almost all paladins are human, even though members of other races are also known. Divided by their oaths, most of the paladins take the oath of Devotion, worshiping Kiri Julith as the god of war and chivalry. Some paladins, instead, turn are called by the gods of nature, such as Chislev and Habbakuk, taking the Oath of Ancients. Those dark paladins that served among the Knights of the Lily usually took the oath of Conquest, even though that with the atheistic attitude of the modern knights they no longer have those paladins in their ranks. Instead, such paladins show up in the Minotaur Empire, or among other chosen of Sargonnas. A few paladins that maintain power among the Order of the Crown also take the oath of the Crown, as well as many of Ergoth's paladins. Those paladins generally worship Shinare, the goddess of law ans state. While generally not a warlike goddess, after the sacrifice of her loved one Mishakal chose paladins of their own, who are willing to take the oath of Redemption. Some paladins, both good and evil, are driven toward hunting the wicked instead of protecting the weak, taking the oath of Vengeance before gods such as Sargonnas, Zeboim, Shinare and Kiri Julith, turning into holy assassins. Many elves of Silvanesti descent which still seek to reclaim their homeland from the minotaurs are known to take that oath against their enemies. By breaking their oaths, paladins generally lose their powers and have to seek for redemption- but some take a different path. Hiddukel, the god of lies and betrayal, seeks to tempt such lost souls, luring them to take an oath of Treachery before him to gain his dark powers. In the 5th Age, however, some fallen paladins discovered they no longer have to relay on the gods, drawing upon the dark powers of the Heart to become Oathbreakers.

Psion- up until recently, the concept of "psionic" or "psychic" powers was not well defined. Coming to the world after the Chaos War, most have considered it to be just as a different form of mysticism, and many still believe it to be true. While that opinion has held for most of the Age of Mortals, a schism rose during a discussion about the subject, where adherents of the more mental form of mysticism claimed their power to be of a different source all together, a "power of the Mind" just as mysticism is the "power of the Heart". According to the supporters of the theory, where mysticism invokes the divinity of souls due to the touch of Chaos upon the world, and sorcery is wild magic birthed of pure Chaos, psionic abilities are the result of Krynn's "immune system"- a way that mortal will rejects the powers of Chaos, in an attempt to bring order and harmony to Chaos's destruction. While a compromise has been tried to be achieved, eventually all attempts failed and the schism resulted with the so called "psions" leaving the Citadel of Light, establishing their own school in an unknown location called simply as the "Institute". While many psions simply wish to develop their theories and understanding of their powers, some wish to take a more aggressive stance toward mysticism and sorcery, the forces of Chaos, as well against wizards and clerics, which work under an "outdated paradigm". Their activities have drawn the attention of the Knights of the Skull, and many proclaim that Morham Targonne was, in fact, one of the most powerful psions Krynn has ever known, in an attempt to draw the psions to their side. Due to their origin, most psions do not worship the gods, even though a few have seen some common ideals in Majere and Zivilyn. However, it seems that delving too deep into the powers of the mind influence the personality of the psion, causing them to develop all kinds of practices and taboos meant to "keep the Chaos away". While investigating the powers of the Mind, the psions have mapped a number of so called "disciplines"- Avatars, the masters of emotion, Awakened, masters of intellect, Immortals, masters of the body, Nomads, masters of space and time, and Soulknives, which learn how to manifest their own thoughts into reality. While most believe that the Institute is the only one to practice psionic powers, the truth is that the Orders of High Sorcery have also noticed the rise of the schism, and recruited a number of talented individuals to their service. Called the "Order of Blue Robes", those Kineticists are bound by strict taboos in order to learn how to meld the raw, ambient power of the Mind with the powers of High Sorcery, influencing the elemental properties of the world as they are trained as renegade hunters meant to solve the problems of wild sorcery once and for all.

NOTE: use the UA's Mystic to represent the psion class.

Ranger- hunters which move swiftly through the wild, rangers are more than the regular slayer of beasts. Using their knowledge of the land and understanding of the ecosystem, rangers draw powers from nature itself, and submit themselves to maintaining the natural world. As such, rangers are able to draw upon the gods of nature to gain divine capabilities, hunting in the name of gods such as Habbakuk, Chislev and Zeboim. While many rangers prefer to spend their time in the wilds, some hunters have served Ansalon in many of its wars- such as Riverwind, an Hero of the Lance, or the Kirath, order of rangers which purified Silvanesti from the dread of the Dream after that war. Elves and humans are known for their ranger skills, as well as dwarves from the Kalar clan and a number of afflicted kenders. Many rangers focus their attention around hunting unholy beasts and creatures of Chaos, as well as dragons and other dangerous entities. As they draw their power from the gods, rangers are focused and divine class, and some have grew to worship some of the less accepted gods, such as Morgion and Sargonnas. Rangers are also members of the druidic order, and by some extension, of the Holy Order of the Stars. As such, during the early 4th Age, the rangers have lost their divine powers, yet compensated for it by their martial capabilities. During the Age of Mortals, some rangers turned instead toward mysticism. Some rangers use their link to nature to connect themselves to the beasts of nature, becoming Beast Masters. Others invest all of their might in martial prowess and tracking their enemies, becoming the greatest of Hunters. Those rangers that choose, either due to commitment to the natural world or for their own personal glory, decide to hunt after the greatest and most exotic monsters, are commonly known as Monsters Slayers. Other rangers take a much closer role in the druidic order, learning druidic secrets and become Primeval Guardians. After the War of Souls and the weakening of the boundaries between worlds, some rangers have discovered the capability to reach beyond Krynn to other worlds, earning the name Horizon Walkers. Finally, some among the dwarves and gnomes have developed their own, special style of hunting, meant for the dark places underground, becoming known as Gloom Stalkers.

NOTE: for rangers, use the Revised Ranger from Unearthed Arcana

Rogue- the cunning people of Krynn have always been around. While many of them are selfish and work for personal gain, others use their trickery and skills in order to bring good to Ansalon in their own way, and some have even rise to become heroes. Both Tika and Tass, the Heroes of the Lance, have used their skills to help their friends in the war, while Usha and Tass worked together to banish Chaos from Krynn once and for all. The most known rogues are the kenders- for as a fearless race motivated by endless curiosity they can't help but take the items of other for themselves, and their natural nimbleness makes their touch almost unnoticeable. That behavior have also made the kenders into one of the most hated race in Ansalon, even though they'll always deny stealing and claim they only "borrowed" or "found" the objects. Humans have also produced more than enough rogues- mostly of the more organized type, which work in guilds and criminal organizations. The biggest, most organized thieves guild is found in Palanthas, which also served as the guild that trained Usha to her finale mission. Many dark elves (that is, those elves which were banished from their community) have also turned to thievery to survive, while the dark dwarves under the mountain also produced a number of criminal organizations, and are known to mix magic with their skills. Many rogues care more of material gain than spiritual enlightenment, but many of the more good natured rogues are known to offer prayers to Branchala, especially those who use their skills for performance and acrobatics, while the darker breed ones worship Hiddukel, the god of lies, or Sirrion, as the god of change. Rogue are generally chaotic in their alignment. During their training, each rogue specialize in a different form of criminal activity. Thieves are the most common rogues, which care more of stealing than killing and where most kenders end up. Assassins, on the other hand, focus on killing for profit or to get rid of those which escape the law. Inquisitive rogues use their criminal understanding for the betterment of society, serving as policemen that know how criminals think. Masterminds are generally found leading criminal organizations, or manipulating others to avoid getting captured. Scouts are made of those rogues that had a military calling, using their skills in special commando units or spies as either mercenaries or as a part of an army. Most Swashbucklers are found in the sea, mariners that combine a quick and fluid fighting style with their sialor skills. Most minotaur rogues ends up as swashbucklers, as it is the only way for them to practice their skills and maintain their honor. Finally, Arcane Tricksters are those rogues that combine their innate magical talent with thievery. As they use a focused, arcane magic, their capabilities depend on the moons and the gods of magic, and in the early Age of Mortals they lost their magic, either converting to sorcery or another path of the rogue. As they use arcane magic, any Arcane Trickster of level 7 must pass through the Test so they will not be branded as renegades, even though that unlike Eldritch Knights, their tendency to use simple weapons and light armor would mean the other features of their class could be used without further danger.

Shaman- mostly unknown in Ansalon, the practice of shamanism has evoled in the distant Royodo, only to later evolve to the nearby Sukyota. In Royodo, it was considered to be "rude" to worship the gods directly, causing the people to turn toward using the Beast Lords of Krynn as middlemen to allow calling upon the blessings of the gods. Due to the nature of their power, after the Shattering (how the people of Royodo call the Cataclysm), the powers of the shamans were lost, leaving them to worship the Beast Lords without them answering their prayers. Only centuries later would they regain their connection to the gods, and invoke the powers of the Beast Lords when Chaos would send his armies upon Royodo. During the early Age of Mortals the shamans would discover the blessings of mysticism, and even after the return of the gods many shamans still pracrice this form over the old tradition, preferring to avoid dependency upon the gods. Those shamans who stayed true to their religion protest against that form of faith. Things became worse when Ansalonian and Taladasian clerics came to Royodo and Sukyota, trying to "correct" the ways of faith among the local and explain them you should worship the deities directly. On the other side, shamans have came to Ansalon, shocked by their disrespectful worship. That cause the tension between continents to rise, and who knows what will happen when it will reach the edge? Most shamans tend toward law, and they use focused, divine magic of the "natural" flavor. There are shamans for all gods in Royodo and Sukyota, even though that most Ansalonian converts tend toward worshiping nature gods, such as Chislev, Habbakuk and Zeboim. Each of the shamans makes a bond with a lesser messenger of the Beast Lords, a "spirit companion" of some sort that grants them special boons and guides them in their spiritual journey. The kind of path the shaman walks toward the gods influence the powers they hold. The journey of Harmony is for the most religious shamans, which seek to maintain close yet respectful relationships between the divine and the mundane, making them into also the greatest protests against the teachings of clerics. Those who walk the journey of Wrath, on the other hand, seek to avenge in the name of spirits and attack directly those who disrespect the spiritual traditions.

Slayer- dreaded by most of Krynn's people, the so called "slayers" use a new form of magic based around blood and sacrifice. By mixing sorcerous elemental control with the dark powers of the Heart, a few people who lived in the dark communities of Nightlund have created that new style in order to fight the threat of undead, while the white wizards work to remove the curse. Most wizards and clerics frown upon the use of that magic, not only because of the chaotic source of that power but also that they fear that instead of removing the curse, they simply harness its power, feeding sorrow with sorrow and darkness with darkness. Still, the ways of the slayers has already started to spread across Ansalon, and while the slayers themselves are being feared like the monsters they hunt, in times of crises desperate communities beg for their help, blood magic or no blood magic. Using a blood sacrifice through self mutilation, the slayers are able to infuse their weapons with elemental magic, lay dread curses upon their enemies and mimic the powers of their prey. The slayers are divided by the transformations they induce upon their bodies in order to better hunt their enemies. Ghost Walkers are the original slayers, which focus all of their might in hunting the undead through hallowing their own blood and gaining the properties of specters. Lycans use a form of blood curse to force lycanthropy upon themselves, allowing them to better hunt shapeshifters of all kinds. Mutants practice a form of blood alchemy, which allows them to create substances which mutate their mind and body. Finally, Profane Souls make a blood pact with an unearthly patron, using spells to hunt spellcasters. While the acts of using Ambient Arcane form of pact magic would brand them as renegades, the Orders of High Sorcery have actually recruited the use of those slayers, as long as they are willing to go through the Test in level 7.

NOTE: treat Slayers as Blood Hunters and Ghost Walkers and Ghostslayers.
    Last edited by LostLight; 2019-09-12 at 08:08 AM.
    Games I'm DMing-

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Classes, part 2

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorcerer- claimed to be a form of arcane magic discovered only in the Age of Mortals, the truth is that sorcery has always been a part of Krynn (as proof, the people of Adlatum has practiced it for ages). In fact, the very first mages, created by the Greygem, were sorcerers- and the catastrophic results are exactly why wizards and the Gods of Magic condemn the use of sorcery in the first place. Still, many races, especially the dragons, have natural magical abilities, making them and those like them into sorcerers by default. During the Age of Dreams, after the destruction wild magic brought in the Second Dragon War, the Orders of High Sorcery were established to teach mages how to properly channel those magical energies. Since then, almost all of Krynn's wild magic was tamed, as the Towers themselves stabilized magic around them, yet with the fall of three of the Towers during the Age of Might more and more wild magic was released to the world, allowing disparate groups of sorcerers to form.. only to be hunted down as renegades by the wizards. During the 5th Age, when the moons were gone and magic was lost, a strange figure known as the Shadow Sorcerer has taught Palin Majere and the Theo Drawde of the Knights of the Thorn how to use wild magic once more, as the release of Chaos has flooded the world with wild magic. Later, Palin would establish the Academy of Sorcery- which operated until the Overlord Beryl and her armies attacked the Academy, forcing his son, Ulin, to use his newfound form of dragon magic to destroy the Academy. Since the return of the gods, the largest organization of sorcerers is still the Knights of the Thorn, even though Steel Legionnaires also practice the art. Sorcerers use an ambient, arcane magic, marking them as renegades before the Orders. However, due to the large number of sorcerers compared to that of wizards in the new age, there is little they can do in order to pure Ansalon from wild magic. Sorcerers rarely worship any of the gods- even though some has respect to deities which represents wild magic, such as Sirrion and Zeboim. The oldest form of magic is Draconic Magic, a power which was originally reserved to dragons and their kin until Ulin found a way to allow mortals to also channel it. Wild Magic is seen as magic in its purest form- the raw magic of Krynn, which may be as dangerous as it is powerful. Sun Magic and Storm Magic are new creations by the gods Sirrion and Zeboim respectively, which use their connection to their siblings to channel a form of magic, putting in in odds with the gods of magic. In order to maintain the balance, Habbakuk was allowed to grant Sea Magic to chosen worshipers. Still, every god could in fact grant a raw, divine magic to a chosen prophet, making such Divine Soul a conduct to pure divinity. One such example for inborn divine talent was the last Kingpriest, Beldinas. Many ogre sorcerers practice a form of Stone Magic through their affinity to the mountains they live in. Some sorcerers, especially those touched by undeath or which are born in Nightlund, develop a talent toward Shadow Magic. Those who were touched by monstrous entities, such as the yagool of Taladas that break minds and the twisted aboleths which lurk under the earth, develop Aberrant Minds that could bend reality to their will- in price of their sanity. Finally, a rare few sorcerers are marked by magical artifacts or runes of great might, turning them into Runechildren. Dwarves are especially interested in that form of sorcery, and work hard to find the right conditions to develop it.

Summoner- another attempt of the Orders of High Sorcery at taming the powers of Chaos, summoners differ from conjurers due to the fact that instead of calling upon creatures from other worlds, summoners manifest archetypes normally residing in the boundaries of the Astral plane. Using mystical concepts combined with arcane rituals and intellectual understanding, the Orders have managed to develop a system called "seal binding", which use the innate connection of the soul to the divine in order to contact faces of their astral self, which are called as the "vestiges of the soul". Each vestige allows the summoner to channel different powers, and are divided into two types- Eidolons, which are different faces of the summoner's soul and which shapes and influence the scenery, and Aeons, beings which represents the collectives of thousands of souls united under certain ideals in the Astral, and which fight to the commands of the summoner. The summoning of each vestige requires the summoner to form a special seal, which codifies the ritual. As summoners draw upon mystical talent, any race may manifest the potential for seal bindings- even though in order to bring it into fruition, one must be taught under either another summoner, or a Wizard of High Sorcery. While summoners use a form of ambient, divine magic, they are still required to take the Test when they reach the 3rd level. One of the strange outcomes of learning seal binding is that instead of a more rigid form of sorcery, summoners invoke their powers in a way similar to that of a warlock, in the form of pact magic. Most wizards claim that the summoners in fact make "pacts with their own soul", reaching accords with aspects of themselves. Others are not so sure, and wonder if they truly understand the nature of those so called "vestiges".

NOTE: Summoners use Intelligence as their spellcasting ability.

Warlock- where wizard draw their powers from the moons and sorcerers from the world around them, warlocks are those individuals that lack any magical talent from birth, and instead lend parts of their life and souls to beings of great power, that yet lack the mantle of godhood by themselves. The children of the gods, such as the dreaded Jiathuli the Spider Queen, are known to make such pacts with mortals, as well as a few, dead powerful mortals that tried to achieve godhood, such as the darkest and greatest wizard Fistindantilus. Due to the dark and dangerous source of their power, as most of those patrons have strange agendas and aspirations toward becoming divine, all warlocks are mistrusted by both clerics and wizards, and even sorcerers and mystics feel at unease near them. Raistlin Majere, one of the greatest wizards on Krynn, was also a warlock bound to Fistindantilus. While warlocks were quit rare in the previous eras, both due to the efforts of clerics and wizards and because the number of entities that could grant such powers was low, during the Age of Mortals people who were desperate for magic searched anywhere they could for any power that could grant them power, and with the fall of two great gods and the chaos spreading in Ansalon, more and more warlocks showed up upon Krynn. Warlocks practice a a form of ambient, arcane magic called "pact magic", which can not be converted to wizardy. Most warlocks do not tend toward law, and many have alignments matching their patron's agenda. Unless the warlock's patron is related directly to one of the gods of Krynn, warlocks very rarely would also worship one of the deities, even though a few make prayers for Shinare, the goddess of oaths and pacts, Hiddukel, the gods of treachery, or Majere, the god of discipline. Using the spiritual vacuum, many patrons has chosen warlocks among races which have lost their gods- such as the ogres, goblins and other eviln races, as well as elves and humans. The power granted to the warlock depend strongly on their patron. The first patron most of Krynn's people would think about would be Fiends of some kind, yet it is far from the only one. During the Age of Mortals, a number of elves, for example, have made pacts with Archfeys which remained on Krynn when the world was stolen, leaving them trapped among mortals and in need for servants. The Undying, as many powerful undead and remains of great mortals are sometimes called, are yet another common patron. After Chaos was freed from the Greygem, he called upon many strange beings from beyond the stars, such as daemon lords and other monstrosities, and warlocks that made pacts with them usually name them as the Great Old Ones. A number of powerful and intelligent artifacts were forged by the greatest of mages in the Age of Dreams, such as the infamous Sword of Tears and the Dragon Orbs, and those touched by the Hex develop dark powers of their own. Certain beings in the multiverse, such as astral dragons and agents of Gilean, are known Seekers of knowledge, which use warlocks to gather more information about the world. Many strange monsters Lurk in the depths of the sea- great krakens and sea serpents birthed by Zeboim, and which are willing to grant gifts for land dwellers in exchange for them serving as their eyes and ears where their tentacles can't reach. Finally, in rare instances, one of the servants of aspects of the gods would make a pact with a mortal, changing them forever due to their own Celestial nature. All warlocks but those of the Celestial pact, which are considered to be outside of the Orders' jurisdiction, are considered to be renegades.

NOTE: treat the Hex patron as Hexblade, even though the patrons are extended to all forms of magical artifacts with intelligence.

Witch- found somewhere between a mystic, a warlock and a shaman, witches are made of those individuals that practice the art of binding and manipulating spirits through strange rituals. While they tap upon mystical talent, like summoners witches have learned how to "focus" the powers of the Heart through dedications to the gods of nature and the moons of magic. Before the Age of Mortals and the awakening of mysticism, most witches were found among races which have natural abilities of that kind, such as the kyrie or the elves of Cha'asii. After the Chaos War, however, many witches showed up among the more tribal races, such as goblinoids, centaurs, some human nations, ogres and others. The main difference between witchery and mysticism is that where mystics draw upon the powers of their own soul, witches learn how to commune and command the souls of others, be them the living, the dead, and the souls of beasts, plants and the earth itself. Due to the strange hybrid system of their magic, when the moons were lost in the early Age of Mortals, most of the rituals used by witches ceased functioning, but it was easy enough for them to fix the formulas and aspect them to the new, lone moon. When the gods returned, the system was fixed again, maintaining the old traditions yet evolving to fit the era. Witches use a focused form of "natural" divine magic, yet many of them worship the gods of magic as well as the gods of nature such as Habbakuk, Chislev and Zeboim. Witches use a special set of rituals beyond their regular spells in order to command the souls and spirits of others, causing others both pain and pleasure. Each witch makes their own covenant with the powers of the world, and the nature of that bargain shapes their capabilities. Blood witches use the powers of sympathetic magic to connects spirits and souls to their own flesh and blood. Those who relay on Charm instead use emotional attachments to cage the soul and mind of their enemies. Witches of Ruin work to break the bonds of the soul and body, banishing evil spirits or tormenting the innocents. Those which specialize in Shadow magic utilize the bonds between an object and its lacking, and beings by what they are not. Finally, witches that walk the path of Unity seek to bind all of the souls together, following the philosophy of the Living Krynn where all living beings are connected.

Wizard- the oldest order of mages in Ansalon, wizards have been seen in suspicion and fear by almost all of Krynn's people. The first wizards showed up after the Second Dragon War, after devastating effects caused by wild mage lead the elven mages to ask guidance from the gods of magic. Under their teachings, a new style of magic was formed- wizardy, or as it is more commonly known, "High Sorcery". Since then, the Orders of High Sorcery bloomed, and the great Towers were built along the continent of Ansalon. Yet, due to the fact that the wizards have respected all alignments and all gods of magic, evil included, the population of Ansalon have never fully trusted them, especially in cases the Orders have refused to act against one of their own, claiming they did not break the laws of magic. That tension got to its peak during the reign of the last Kingpriest of Istar, which even called for war against the wizards and caused them to destroy two of their Towers and surrender two others. After the Cataclysm, the wizards were both hated and respected, for in many cases they were the last hope for a better future. Still, most wizards remained closed in their Towers, researching magic while keep an eye open for changes in the world. Before the War of the Lance, one of the greatest wizards, Par Salin the White, chose a single mage to serve as his "sword" in the coming war. That mage, Raistlin Majere, became one of the greatest mages that Krynn has ever known, and even almost defeated the Dark Queen by his own- until his own brother convinced him to save the world instead of destroying it, and he sacrificed his life doing so. Those acts made the dark mage into an hero in the eyes of many of Krynn's people, allowing magic to bloom alongside the return of the true clerics. After the Chaos War, however, High Sorcery has vanished together with the moons, and with the discovery that arcane power could be leeched from magical artifacts, many mages turned into scavengers and thugs, fighting over every scrap of power they could put their hands on. With the discover of primal sorcery and wild magic, many wizards have converted into sorcerers- yet after the War of Souls, the gods of magic have granted their blessing ones more, rebuilding the Orders which now had to deal with countless of what they name as "renegades"- people who use arcane magic without the help of the moons, do not follow the laws of magic, or both. While the Knights of Solmania have hated the wizards for generations, after the Dark Knights incorporated wizards of their own, that draw power from Takhisis instead of the moons, into their orders, The Solmanics have came to understand the value of mages, and have recruited sorcerers to their auxiliary ranks. With the return of the gods, the Solmanics decreed that all auxiliary wizards are to convert to wizardy, while their parallels, the Knights of the Thorn, remained sorcerers- leaving the Orders as the greatest organization for magicians in Ansalon. According to the laws of magic, the Greygem races are to be discouraged from learning wizardy, if not banned at all. Humans have always saw magic fearfully, yet those of them that walked the path have been discovered as some of the greatest of their kind. Elves are the only race to actually encourage learning magic, and even they allow only white magic in their lands. Wizards of other races are incredibly rare. All wizards also must respect one another, no matter what color their robe is, and respect all magic. Wizards are also forbidden from using non simple weapons or wearing an armor, and must go through the Test at level 3, to show they are indeed worthy of the powers they wield.. or die otherwise. After the Test, wizards are divided into one of the three Orders, depending on their alignment- good wizards wear white robes and worship Solinari, the god of sight and protection. Neutral wizards wear red robes and worship Lunitari, the goddess of mysteries. Finally, evil wizards wear black robes, and worship Nuitari, the gods of secrets and hunger, and are among the few which can see the face of the black moon. Some of the most known wizards are Galan Dracus, a renegade wizard that almost destroyed the world in the Third Dragon War, Magius, the friend of Huma, Fistindantilus, Par Salin, Raistlin, Dalamar the Dark, Lilith of the Thorn Knights and Jenna the Red. During the Age of Mortals, three Towers of High Sorcery stand- the Tower of Wayreth, ruled by the Red Robes, the Tower of Nightlund, ruled by the White Robes and the Tower of Blood Sea, ruled by the Black Robes. Wizards are, of course, the most common practitioners of focused, arcane magic. Wizards divide the spells they practice according to certain schools and traditions- Abjuration, Divination and Evocation are considered to be white magic, Illusion and Transmutation are forms of red magic and Conjuration, Enchantment and Necromancy belong to the black magic. Most Lore Masters belong to the Red Robes, while War Mage exist equally among all Orders. Some traditions, however, make their practitioners to be considered as renegades. The gnomes of Mount. Nevermind, for example, practice Invention of new spells, artifacts and chaotic formulas, yet as long as they do not leave their mountain the Orders let them die as they see fit. Bladesinging breaks the ban over not using weapon and armor, and the style was developed by dark elf mages which later taught it to the Knights of the Thorn, when they still were wizards. Finally, Theurgy invokes the powers of gods other than the god of magic, and many Thorn Knights walked that path before magic was gone and deeming all practitioners as renegades.

Note on Multiclassing
    Spoiler
    Show
    While all regular rules about multiclassing are still valid in Dragonlance, due to Krynn's metaphysics some more limitations apply on the subjects- that is, the cases of ambient vs focused magic, as well as arcane vs divine. Due to the inherit difference between the chaotic nature of ambient magic against the heavenly nature of the focused variant, one can not multiclass between an ambient and focused classes. That rule means that sorcerers may not multiclass with wizards, for example, or mystics with clerics. The only exceptions are classes that use ambient magic through the special pact system (such as warlocks and summoners), as those classes work their magical powers in a special channels which do no allow the ambient magic of their patron to mix with that of the caster, as well as the bard, which have the gift of mixing all forms of magic. Instead of multiclassing, classes of those kind may go through conversion from one to another. By passing the Test, ambient arcane classes may become a parallel focused (such as sorcerers to wizards), and by devoting themselves to the gods ambient divine classes can do the same (such as mystics to clerics). That goes the other way around- by being exposed to wild magic, a focused arcane class may convert into an ambient, and by forsaking the gods focused divine class may do the same. Conversion is possible only for classes that can't normally multiclass with the other class due to the said rule.

In addition, in Krynn one can not devout themselves to more than one god. That means that focused divine classes generally can't multiclass with focused arcane classes. The only exceptions are the new, Arcane Clerics, that by worshiping the gods of magic can serve as both clerics and wizards, as well the theurges, in case another deity would grant them their magic. Ambient casters do not have such an issue, allowing mystics and sorcerers to multiclass with each other freely. Bards also allow a way to go around that limitation, but only to a certain extent- for while a bard may multiclass with a cleric, for example, once they do so they could never multiclass with a focused arcane class (other than the theurge, in the said example)

Finally, while there is no metaphysical force which stops it like in the other two cases, due to the fact that members of the Orders of High Sorcery aren't allowed becoming proficient with non- simple weapons, multiclassing with a martial class that allows such proficiency (such as fighter or barbarian) while being of a level that allows casting spells of 2nd level and above may brand the character as renegade. Generally, the Orders do their best to hunt down such renegades and bring them to a trial, but they will only do so if the character is witnessed carrying or commonly using a martial weapon, and as such drawing the attention of the Orders. Divine casters do not have such an issue, even though certain faiths forbid using weapons the draw blood, such as the faithful of Mishakal and Majere.
    Last edited by LostLight; 2019-09-12 at 08:08 AM.
    Games I'm DMing-

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Short History of Ansalon

Spoiler
    Show
    Age of Starbirth- the creation of the world. The High God summons the three great gods, Paladine, Gilean and Takhisis, and then calls the lesser deities to assist them. The gods come to the Chaos and forge Krynn from it. Chaos is not amused by this.

All Dragons War- Reorx and Paladine forge the first dragons, which Takhisis later corrupts. As an answer, Paladine asks for another set of dragons. The dragons then wage war against one another following their gods. The war ends with Krynn on the edge of destruction, and the gods withdraw from the world, creating the outer planes.

All Saints War- the gods discover that the stars are in fact souls, and argue about what to do with their power. War erupts between all three pantheon, and the world is on the verge of returning to Chaos. The High God interferes, and scorns the gods. Each of the pantheons is allowed to grant a single gift to the souls, and to create one race in their image- elves, humans and irda.

Forge of the Greygem- in order to bring magic to the world, the three gods of magic manipulate Reorx into crafting an artifact containing a sliver of Chaos. Unknown to all but Reorx, Chaos himself gets trapped in the Greygem. The stone is later gifted to Lunitari, to maintain the balance.

Age of Dreams- the first races create their civilizations, as the irda conquer all other nations. Reorx curse a tribe of humans into gnomes for insulting him. Paladine curse the irda for their vanity, and they devolve into ogres, and their empire crumbles.

Greygem Released- Reorx, uearning to get back the Greygem, sends his gnomes to steal the stone from Lunitari's moon. When returned to Krynn, the Greygem goes wild, transforming one third of the gnomes into kenders and another third into dwarves. It then escapes, creating new races and monsters and bringing wild magic to the world.

First Dragons War- the elves go to war against the dragons, yet are in disadvantage due to the magical powers of their enemies. The gods of magic teach the elves the principles of sorcery, and they trap the souls of dragons in stones.

Second Dragons War- the dwarves accidentally find the stones and break them. The dragons are free once more, causing war and destruction until the elven mages use wild magic to command the earth to swallow them. As a backlash, many lives are also lost due to the out of control magic. Seeing the dangers of wild sorcery, the elves reach to the gods of magic, which teach them the principles of wizardy. The Orders of High Sorcery are founded.

Rose Rebellion- seeing the errors of the Empire of Ergoth, Vinas Solamnus rebels against the empire and forces it to grant many of their states independence. He establish a knighthood to protect those lands, founding Solamnia.

Third Dragons War- Takhisis gathers her armies once more, going to war against the Knights of Solamnia. With the help of unexpected allies and the blessing of the gods, Huma, a low Knight of the Crown, discovers the secrets of the dragonlances. The Orders of High Sorcery create the Dragon Orbs to help the war. Galan Dracus, a renegade mage working for the Dark Queen, opens a gate to the Abyss in an attempt to dethrone her. He fails, an Takhisis is freed to Krynn. Only through an heroic sacrifice, Huma defeats the goddess and gains from her an oath to take her dragons and never return as long as the world is whole.

Age of Might- with the dragons gone and the gods of darkness banished, the god clerics take rule, establishing the Empire of Istar. The Kingpriests guides the fate of Ansalon, yet as the people of Ansalon care more about the glory of the gods than the gods themselves, clerics start losing their divine powers. They explain it that in an age without darkness, mighty clerics are no longer needed.

Lost Battles- after centuries of peace, a mighty Kingpriest, greater than any other, rise to the throne. He wage war against the Orders of High Sorcery, and two times he is on the edge of conquering two of their Towers. To avoid letting the Kingpriest to put his hands over powerful, magical items, the wizards destroy the Towers- as well as anything miles around them. As two Towers are inside the empire, one in Istar itself, a treaty is signed were the wizards are to retreat to Wayreth and the Kingpriest would stop the war. The Towers are given to the Kingpriest, yet the Tower of Palanthas turns cursed by a mysterious mage.

The Cataclysm- fueled by paranoia that evil lurks everywhere, the Kingpriest outlaws worship of neutral gods, then unorthodox worship of the good gods, then all gods but Paladine, and eventually, most forms of Paladine's worship but the "one correct way". One day, the Kingpriest demands from the gods of light to ascend him into godhood, so he will erase all evil. The gods, in return, answer by bringing a mountain of fire upon Krynn, destroying Istar, taking away all divine magic and sending Ansalon into a dark age.

Age of Despair- the geography of Krynn is transformed due to the asteroid impact. As the Cataclysm breaks the world, Takhisis is freed from her oath and reaches out to steal the foundation stone of the temple of Istar. She then plants it in the valley of Neraka, creating a temple for herself as mockery to the old one. She awakens her dragons, and after stealing the eggs of the good dragons she forces an oath from them to not interfere with her future plans, or else she will destroy them.

Dwarfgate War- the ancient mage Fistindantilus returns to the world using a time travelling spell together with a true cleric. He gathers an army of lost humans and hill dwarves against Thorbardin, in demands for supply. The dwarves refuse, and war breaks. Unknown to all, the mage used the war to gain access to a gate to the Abyss, planning to defeat Takhisis and become a god. The attempt fails when the spell to open the gate clashes with the powers of a time travel device crafted by gnome, destroying the plains and leaving from Fintindantilus nothing but a shred of soul.

War of the Lance- centuries later, Takhisis goes to war against the world, corrupting the eggs of the good dragons into draconians. Her generals, the Dragon Highlords, almost conquer all of Ansalon, until they are stopped by a group of heroes called the Heroes of the Lance, that rediscover the powers of the dragonlances. Takhisis is banished once more, and her temple explodes into pieces, cursing the valley.

Test of the Twins- Raistlin Majere, an Hero of the Lance, recruits Crysannia, cleric of Paladine, and returns back in time to take the place of Fistindantilus in history. He also experience the same explosion, yet succeed where the previous failed, entering the Abyss. In the present, the last Dragon Highlord, Kitiara, goes to war against Palanthas. She dies in battle, while Raistlin almost succeed in defeating the Dark Queen- until his twin brother reveals to him that his success would destroy the world. Raistlin sacrifice his life to block the gate, neither ascending or allowing Takhisis to escape.

Chaos War- inspired by the Knights of Solamnia, Ariakan,son of the Highlord Ariakas and the goddess Zeboim, creates a knighthood of his own. His conquests beyond Ansalon reach the island of the remaining irda, which avoided the curse by rejecting their evil nature. Unknown to all, the irda have managed to capture the Greygem. They send away the only human denizen of the island, Usha, and break the stone in an attempt to harness its power for their protection. As a result Chaos is freed inside of Krynn. He destroys the irda and summons monsters beyond existence, almost destroying the world. Only through heroic sacrifice and alliance between the Knights of Solamnia and Takhisis, Tass, an Hero of the Lance, manages to stab Chaos, dying in the process and allowing Usha to trap a bit of Chaos back in the stone, banishing him. Yet, together with Chaos, the true gods are forces to leave as well, leaving Krynn under a strange sun and new moon. unknown to all, Takhisis has actually used the energies of the trapped Chaos to steal the world and hide it from all other gods, becoming the only goddess in Krynn.

Age of Mortals- Krynn is left without magic once more- either arcane or divine. Desperate, people try to look for magic everywhere. The mages of Krynn discover that while the gods of magic are gone, magic items from the earlier ages still function, and that they may leech them for power. Fearing that the mages would scavenge the Tower of Wayreth to its bones, Palin Majere disbands the Orders of High Sorcery. Alien dragons reach from across the sea, Goldmoon discovers mysticism to the world and a strange entity known as the Shadow Sorcerer teaches a selected few the arts of using wild sorcery. The Knights of Takhisis r demand control over some territories for helping in the Chaos War. The Knights of Solamnia oblige.

The Dragon Purge- as the dragons fight against each other and the threat of the new dragons, they discover the powers of absorbing the flesh and soul of their kin. Dragons butcher and devour each other, ending with a six, powerful dragons to rise above their kin and claim dominance over Ansalon- the Overlords, each ruling upon a totem of the skulls of their rivals. The Knights of Takhisis make a secret pact with the Overlords to stop the purge in exchange for serving them. The Overlords agree to the deal, and the Dark Knights are seen as heroes for stopping the massacre. Some knights, disgusted by their fellows, disband- which leads to forming the core of the future Legion of Steel. Using their skull totems, the Overlords terraform the land itself to suit their needs.

Rule of the Overlords- fearing the growing power of the bloated dragons, Goldmoon gathers a number of heroes to serve in the fight for the side of good. Called the Heroes of the Heart, they work to free Ansalon from their tyranny, and eventually slay one of the Overlords. Later, they manage to stop Malys, the greatest of the Overlords, from achieving godhood, with the unexpected help of Sky, Kitiara's dragon and one of the Overlords himself. Palin creates the Academy of Sorcery to spread the art of wild magic. The Knights of Takhisis rename themselves the Knights of Neraka, under the commands of a new Lord of the Night. Min shows up in the Citadel of Light.

Decay of Magic- the powers of wild magic starts to fail. Mystics slowly lose the healing capabilities. Sorcerers feel the magic slipping through their fingers. Even the mighty Overlords notice a drop in their magical powers. Some wonder if the mages of Krynn have somehow use up all the existing magic. Terrified of losing her magical powers, the Overlord Beryl attacks the Academy of Sorcery in order to absorb all of its magical artifacts. Palin's son, Ulin, choose to destroy the Academy rather than let it fall to the claws of the Overlord. In return, Beryl and her Knights of the Thorn capture Palin and torture him in order to understand why magic is failing. After being convinced he really have no idea, they shatter his fingers and let him go free. Mina vanish, leaving Goldmoon heartbroken.

War of Souls- Storm hits Krynn, stronger than anyone ever knew. Mina shows up in the valley of Neraka, carrying the word about the One God of Krynn, gathering the armies of the Dark Knights and becomes the Lord of the Night. She conquers Silvanesti and expands the Dark Knights' domain. Some powerful mystics and sorcerers start seeing the souls of the dead, trapped and forced to steal the magic from the living. Tass shows up in the night of the storm, fleeing the Chaos War using the Time Travel Device- becoming a threat to the world, for only due to his death in the Chaos War Krynn was saved. Mina kills three of the greatest Overlords with the might of the One God and reveals the identity of her deity- Takhisis. Tass, together with a number of heroes, find where the good dragons were trapped by Takhisis in the night of the storm, and using the Time Travel Device finds the path between Krynn and its lost gods- and later return to die. As Takhisis tries to enter the world, Paladine stops her and sacrifice his godhood to make her mortal too. She is later slayed, and Mina takes her body to burial. The gods return, but the world is forever changed.

Time of Rebuilt- with the gods returning to the world, clashes between users of ambient and focused magic rise. The Citadel of Light becomes a sanctuary for both mystics and clerics, and the Orders of High Sorcery are reestablished. The black Overlord Sable is slayed by Dhamon Grimwulf, an Hero of the Heart, at the cost of his life. Temples are rebuilt to the gods, while the deities scheme how to fill the power gap in the heavens.

Ascension of Mina- Chemosh lures Mina to become his cleric. Together, they create a new form of undead called the Beloved, who are immune to all forms of physical and magical damage. They try to take over the ruined Tower of Istar to discover it was rebuilt by Nuitari. Meanwhile, Mina stumbles upon Rhys Mason, a former monk of Majere, and he guides her as she discover her true nature- a goddess, left asleep bellow the waves to maintain the balance. Both Chemosh and Sargonnas try to lure her into the dark side, yet in the moment of truth she denies all sides and all gods, becoming the lone Goddess of Tears. The Beloved are destroyed by her during her quest.

Fall of the Last Overlord- chosen by fate, a group of heroes called the Heroes of Destiny go on their journey to defeat the last remains of the Overlords, revealing their mysteries and eventually defeating the last Overlord by themselves. The rule of the draconic beasts is finally over, even though the Desolation still remains.

Foundation and Destruction- the elves, who lost both their kingdoms during the War of Souls, gather together under their king and find a safe place in the Inath Wakanthi, the Valley of Silence, which turns into their new homeland. Zivilyn, for interfering with the course of history in order to help the elves, is forced into a hundred years of exile as mortal, and he temporary ascends a mortal called Ioun to serve as his replacement until the sentence is over. Meanwhile, the ogres are being transformed into a true nation by the rule of their king, yet the schemes of the Ogre Titans- sorcerers of great might which take a semblance of the former irda race- cause chaos, as the god Sirrion reveals to them a magical artifact called the Fire Rose. Eventually, Kiri Julith's champion intervenes, and the ogre society collapses once more, as Sirrion use the last sparks of the Fire Rose to make a new race out of the ogres. The orcs.

The Present- trade between continents starts to grow. Schism rise between mystics and so called "psions". The Orders of High Sorcery start a new project at fighting wild magic users. Tension rise between the Knights of Solamnia and Neraka. Strange apparitions shows up through Krynn, ripples in the River of Time. The pendulum starts to swing, and no one knows where it will go.

Gods of Krynn

Spoiler
    Show
    Before Krynn, only two gods existed- principles of all that was, is, and will be. They were the High God, the force of creation, and Chaos, the force of nothingness. To bring existence into non existence, the High God called through the Beyond for any god willing to help in the work of creation. Two gods, Takhisis and Paladine, answered the call. The bring balance between them, the High God called Gilean out of the River of Time itself. The High God then offered the three great deities to call lesser deities to assist them in the work of creation both Paladine and Gilean agreed, yet Takhisis declined, preferring to choose deities by her own. And as such, the three pantheons of Krynn were formed.

There are 22 true gods in Krynn- with the last coming to her powers only recently and two of them falling from grace through punishment and sacrifice. A number of times individuals has tried to ascend into godhood- Galan Dracus, Fistindantilus, the Kingpriest, Raistlin Majere and Malystrix to name a few- yet non of them reached their goal. Only Mina, which was born as a goddess, attained that status after creation. Each of the gods belong to one of the three main pantheons- the gods of light, balance and darkness- and each of them represents a divine power of some sort. Each of the gods has a celestial body to represent them- either a constellation or a planet.. The following list includes all gods, their portfolio and common worshipers-

Gods of Light
    Mishakal- the goddess of mercy and redemption. The first goddess of reveal herself in the Age of Despair and the last to withdraw her blessings in the Age of Might, she is a popular goddess thanks to her gifts of healing. After Paladine's sacrifice, as Paladine's wife, she became the official head of the pantheon, and is worshiped by elves, humans and any member of the good races which requires healing. Her constellation is the Infinity.

Kiri Julith- the god of honor and chivalry, the son of Mishakal and Paladine and brother to Habbakuk and Solinari. Being one of the founding gods of the Knighthood of Solamnia, after Paladine's fall and Habbakuk withdrawing from the orders, he became their sole patron. He is worshiped by knights, solamnics and good minotaurs. His constellation is the Bison Head.

Habbakuk- the god of beasts and sky, son of Mishakal and Paladine and brother to Kiri Julith and Solinari. One of the former trinity of the Solamnic Knights, he governs all good magical beings, beasts and animals. He is worshiped by the good druids and the races of the sea, as well as elves and the icefolk. His constellation is the Phoenix.

Majere- the god of discipline and will. He is known for training the first monks and inventing martial arts. He is worshiped by good monks and some psions. His constellation is the Rose.

Branchala- the god of music and innocence. He is known as the god who brought music into the world, and a close friend of Habbakuk. He is worshipped by good bards and kenders. His constellation is the Harp.

Solinari- the god of sight and vigilance, son of Mishakal and Paladine and brother to Habbakuk and Kiri Julith. He is one of the gods of magic, which withdrew from the celestial realms to reside closer to the world as the form of moons. He is worshiped by white robed wizards. His celestial body is the silver moon.

Paladine- former god of majesty and kingship, Paladine was the former head of the pantheon until he gave up his own godhood so the gods could remove Takhisis's. He now exist in the form of Valthonis, the Exiled. Dark hole stands in the night skies where Platinum Dragon constellation once shined.

Gods of Balance
    Gilean- the god of knowledge and balance, he is head of the pantheon and the last remaining of the three great gods. He is worshiped by scholars, historians and teachers of all kinds. His constellation if the Book of Souls.

Reorx- the god of creation and craft. He forged the world from Chaos and created the Greygem to trap him. He is worshiped by smiths, dwarves and gnomes. His celestial body is the planet Reorx.

Chislev- the goddess of nature and instinct, she is the wife of Zivilyn. She cares more about nature and wild life then the civilized people of Krynn. She is worshiped by elves and druids. Her celestial body is the planet Chislev.

Zivilyn- the god of wisdom and enlightenment and the husband of Chislev. After helping the elves, he went to self imposed exile for 100 years, elevating the mortal Ioun to temporary supply his clerics with divine powers. His worshipers are philosophers and elves. His celestial body is the planet Zivilyn.

Shinare- the goddess of oaths and trade, she is the wife of Sirrion. After Kiri Julith taking over the Knighthood of Solamnia, she was invited to support the knights by him and supervise their oaths. She is worshiped by merchants, judges and some goblins. Her celestial body is the planet Shinare.

Sirrion- the god of change and flame, he is the husband of Shinare. He is known to bring the sun to the world, ruling it as the greatest flame. After the fall of Takhisis, he manipulated the ogres and other evil races to bring change. He is worshiped by alchemists, sorcerers, artists, lovers, orcs and some ogres and goblins. His celestial body is the planet Sirrion.

Lunitari- the goddess of mysteries and trickery, she is the daughter of Gilean. She is one of the gods of magic, which withdrew from the divine realms to reside closer to Krynn as moons. She is worshiped by red robed wizards. Her celestial body is the red moon.

Gods of Darkness
    Sargonnas- the god of vengeance and wrath, he was Takhisis's mate before her betrayal. He is the de facto leader of the pantheon, having the most worshipers in the new age. He is worshiped by avengers, minotaurs and some elves. His constellation is the Condor.

Zeboim- the goddess of sea and passion, she is the daughter of Takhisis and Sargonnas and sister to Nuitari. She is a fickle goddess, bringing storms and rules water as she wishes, and she helped founding the Dark Knights as the mother of Ariakan. She is worshiped by sailors, sea druids, minotaurs, dark sea elves and the evil races which live under the sea. Her constellation is the Dragon Turtle.

Chemosh- the god of death and fatalism. He was called to the world by Takhisis, yet the High God banished him to the void for deeming him too dangerous. In return, Chaos brought him back to the world as a force of ruin. He constantly tries to take over the throne of darkness, yet until no with no success. He is worshiped by necromancers, undertakers and intelligence undead. His constellation is the Goat's Skull.

Hiddukel- the god of lies and treachery. He is known as the Prince of Fiends, and many of the Abyss's devils and demons are bound to his service, and he has even managed to trick the Dark Queen a number of times. He is worshiped by treacherous merchants, assassins, corrupted kings and lawyers and evil kenders. His constellation is the Broken Scales.

Morgion- the god of plague and rot. He is known to bring many diseases upon the world, and had an army of plague knights during the Third Dragons War. He wishes for Krynn to decay into ruin. He is worshiped mainly be the sick and dying who has no choice but turning to him, as well as some evil druids and bakali. His constellation is the Diseased Hood.

Nuitari- the god of hunger and secrets, he is the son of Takhisis and Sargonnas and brother to Zeboim. As one of the three gods of magic, he left his divine realm to stay close to Krynn as a moon. He is worshiped by black robed wizards. His celestial body if the black moon.

Takhisis- the former head of the pantheon was the goddess of tyranny and war. Due to her betrayal, her mantle of godhood was taken from her and she was slain by the king of elves, Silvanoshi, using a broken dragonlance. Few among the gods miss her, and the ruin she brought upon the world is yet to heal.

Other Gods
    Among the deities, only Mina, the goddess of tears and exiles, takes no clerics or wizards. Originally a goddess of light and daughter of Mishakal and Paladine, she was left asleep to maintain the balance until she was awakened by Takhisis in the Age of Mortals. She was corrupted by her, and eventually chose to reject both good and evil, walking a path of her own.

Other than her, a number of demigods still exist in Krynn- the Beast Lords, Jiathuli, and the primordials called by Chaos during the war. Some rumors about three lost gods, slain in the All Saints War, rise from time to time- Malifuer, Courrain and Arlesta, as well as Gilean's missing wife. The High God and Chaos still exist outside of Krynn- never making clerics of their own, and rarely take a direct action.

The Divine Realms
    After the All Dragons War, the gods of Krynn created three higher planes of existence for them to reside in. The gods of light created the Domes of Creation, which serves as a protective defense against invasions from the Beyond. The gods of balance created the Hidden Vale, the engine of creation where the elements and fey beings reside and move the cycle of seasons. The gods of darkness created the Abyss, the foundation upon which Krynn stands. Each of the gods have their dominion inside of those planes other than the gods of magic, which have left them when they became the moons. The dominion of Paladine is still standing, even is abandoned, a memorial for his heroic sacrifice. The dominion of Takhisis was left to rot, ruined and crumbling by those she once ruled.

The divine realms are connected to the material plane through the the transition planes, which are collectively known as the Grey. Each of the planes is ruled by one of the gods of magic, which made it their home after leaving their domains- Solinari rules the Astral, the world of thoughts and memories. Lunitair rules the Ethereal, where ghosts of the pasts and images of might have been swirl and twist. Nuitari holds the Shadowfell, which is defined by lacking and yearning for what is not. All of the three planes eventually spill to the Ethereal Sea which surrounds Krynn, and is in fact the very essence of Chaos, the Father of All and Nothing. No one knows what is found beyond the sea- not even the gods. Some say that other worlds wait there. Others say it is infinite, and nothing is there. Few mad people talk about strange entities which lurk beyond the stars. Whatever the truth may be, most simply refer to that nothingness as the Beyond, and many claim that most of Krynn's strange aberrations, such as the yagool or the aboleth, come from the Beyond.

Apparitions
    A mystery showing up recently, strange events are sometimes seen by the people of Krynn. Towers of High Sorcery standing where they were once ruined, armies of the Kingpriest roaming through the land and madmen screaming about the coming of the Mage God. Lands shift between their current form and the time they were under the rule of the Overlords, and people look in the mirror and see who they might have been in another life. Something is changing in the world, and none of Krynn's people know how, why or what the future holds.
    Last edited by LostLight; 2019-09-12 at 08:09 AM.
    Games I'm DMing-

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

I am apreciating the work you gave into writing all the lore, and even morez that you brought it here.
    It is useful. Any chance you can spoiler them a bit? Even one per post.
    Again apreciate the passion and work you give into it.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Hey JadedDM is there a link to your character sheet somewhere?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you Lostlight-sama!

Also, something I don't fully understand- is it possible to use weapons, when using the horns?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Thank you Lostlight-sama!

Also, something I don't fully understand- is it possible to use weapons, when using the horns?
    You mean attacking with weapons and then with the horns, or somehow adding weapons to the horns? If the former, no, unless you have an extra attack feature. If the later, you'll have to be a bit more specific.
    Games I'm DMing-

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Well, more like fighting with two weapons. I am ok with the answer- "fight with either hands or horns but not both", just want to know what can I do.

So for example, if she can't use hands while using her horns, she will probably sell her short swords or something, because they don't benefict her in any way. Or simply not having them in the first place.
    She can't carry this much, so if her horns work for her better, she will give up on short swords at all.
    Again. Not a critical point, but y'know

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

@Gryndel: I don't think Mina is at the Inn yet. Olzun certainly isn't.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    @Gryndel: I don't think Mina is at the Inn yet. Olzun certainly isn't.
    Ahh, must be Escolm's prescience kicking in early.

I'll just strike it out, thanks.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice