New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Commercials: Like It Or Hate It?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Coff coff

Look at her shoes

Modern brands showing up in near future sci-fi is a bit of a different feel than them showing up in a far away galaxy a long time ago. This is especially true when we haven't even seen Star Wars have anything that could be described as a conventional corporation (it tends to feel more like a precolonial merchant prince situation, crossed with an exceeding colonial factory planet situation). Alien meanwhile is not only set in the near future but has a plot incited by corporate greed of a conventional corporation.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    Can't get sued for false advertising if you never say what your product is for.
    As further proof of this concept, I offer up Enzyte and any other "natural male enhancement" commercials, which never defined what that meant or made any explicit claims, and instead vaguely implied something and let viewers assume what they wanted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    As further proof of this concept, I offer up Enzyte and any other "natural male enhancement" commercials, which never defined what that meant or made any explicit claims, and instead vaguely implied something and let viewers assume what they wanted to.
    If those commercials are the same ones I remember, I can only assume Enzyte whitens your teeth.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Some commercials are pretty cool and fun, and some actually inform me of things I'm interested in that I didn't know about. I'm heckin lazy when it comes to staying on top of "new releases" in games/movies/tv shows.
    Knowledge brings the sting of disillusionment, but the pain teaches perspective.
    "You know it's all fake right?"
    "...yeah, but it makes me feel better."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

I recall an early CGI Coke ad that had a guy on a lawn chair in the sun "melt" and then shamble over with loose skin sagging and flapping to drink the Coke that restored him. I don't think it lasted a week on TV.