The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arcforge [PF1]

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Arcforge [PF1]

Planet Vandara always has been a rich world of magic, planar connections and divine interests. Everything changed when the Vandaran made contact with the Qlippoth, things they were not supposed to know or get in contact with. The greatest minds united and created the Arcforge. They used the Arcforge to fight off the Qlippoth scourge accross the lands. With time, the united nations began to fight each other to claim the Arcforge. Each nation has their own technological and magical innovations.

Balyn is a nation and city of opportunity on Vandara, an artificial island with the most incredible technological innovations in the world. The upper echelons of Balyn are run by the Silken Psykers, psionics users who control the city and they use the Arcforge artifact to maintain their powers against the other nations. Crime is rampant in the Great City and many people are not ready for the cutthroat world of the Great City. Huge wealth disparity and some sleeping in alleyways, where they must fend off against the organ harvester or people trying to use their minds for nefarious purposes.

System: Pathfinder
    Player Count: 4 to 6
    Style of Play: Sci-Fantasy Adventures, Play By Post
    Allowed Content:

• Paizo PF1 Official content
    • LG Arcforge Supplements (It does include StarPath with translation of Starfinder content to PF1)
    • DSP Path of War, Psionics and Akashic Mysteries (see other notes)
    • DDS Spheres system (a new magic sphere is introduced in the Arcforge setting, traditions approriate for the setting are introduced for those, who want a better connection to the setting)

Character Creation:

• Backstory: You are all on a hovertrain, it gets taken over by a Gang, now you and a band of strangers have to make it out alive.
    • Experience: Level 3
    • Wealth: 3000 gp
    • Point buy: 20
    • Hitpoints/Health: Max at First level, average after first
    • Alignment: Any
    • Traits or Theme: You can have either 2 traits or an SF Theme.

Other Notes:
    -Major foes will be Qlippoth (Evil Psionic Outsiders) so worth considering when building your character.
    -Psionics is advanced technology as described in Arcforge Technology Expanded
    -Akasha is Cybertech as described in Arcforge Technology Expanded
    -Technology is very high, it does modify the default Technology spheres assumption, ask questions if you plan to use the Tech Sphere.
    -All characters have the following bonus feats: Precise Shot, Technologist (No bonuses on skill checks), Weapon Finesse and Improved Unarmed Strike (PF).
    -All characters are considered to have these feats, Just for the purpose of meeting prerequisites but cannot use the effects of the feat unless they take them: Combat Expertise, Dodge, Point-Blank Shot, and Power Attack.
    -Improved Combat Maneuvers feats except Improved Feint isn't required for feats that would require them.
    -SF and PF feats might have the same name and could be used either way (list would be too long to make) but if you want to use a SF feat just ask me first (Blindfight, Improved sidestep, Lunge, Nimble moves, Parting shot, Penetrating attack/Penetrating strike, Shot on the Run, Sidestep, Spring Attack, Step Up and Strike, Strike Back, and Weapon Focus are using the SF version by default)
    -SF skills are used by default instead of PF ones. Appraise and Use Magic Device are both added to to the list.
    -Variant rules: Armor Penetration is used to reflect the modern times(it ignores x amount of armor on a target). Some weapons simply have higher AP than others. SF weapons by default have an AP equal to their level-2. Inquire about other PF weapons.
    -PF High Tech weapons (one handed and two-handed) not grenades like those described in the Technology Guide are available at half the price.
    -SF equipment 7th level and lower prices are doubled in PF. Restriction: can't buy items above your level.
    Last edited by Final; 2019-09-14 at 05:36 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Arcforge [PF1]

Nngh. I'm pretty full up on games right now (and I'm not too familiar with Arcforge or Starfinder stuff), but this sounds like a cool idea. Let's say I'm tentatively interested.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll have to get familiar with Arcforge, but heck yes.

Edit: Okay, quick question. Does everyone have to spend a feat on Technologist? It feels weird, especially if Akashics and Psionics are both high tech.

Second Edit: Definitely going Soulknife just to have a Mind Chainsaw. Shame I can't start with it though. Are you good with the whole "Soulknives get Gifted Blade for free" thing?
    Last edited by Rokku; 2019-09-12 at 01:36 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

Interested, but unsure if I have time to get a character together.
    I have a mechanic Slate leftover from a Starfinder game that did not get very far. I might try to convert him over for this if that is okay.

Edit: Link to new sheet: Slate
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2019-09-15 at 04:50 PM.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Nngh. I'm pretty full up on games right now (and I'm not too familiar with Arcforge or Starfinder stuff), but this sounds like a cool idea. Let's say I'm tentatively interested.
    Arcforge is pretty nice, starfinder stuffs are assumed to be there in setting but not mandatory to learn about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    I'll have to get familiar with Arcforge, but heck yes.

Edit: Okay, quick question. Does everyone have to spend a feat on Technologist? It feels weird, especially if Akashics and Psionics are both high tech.

Second Edit: Definitely going Soulknife just to have a Mind Chainsaw. Shame I can't start with it though. Are you good with the whole "Soulknives get Gifted Blade for free" thing?
    1) Those are changes that are part of Starpath but let me list them for the purpose of clarity and simplicity:

-All characters have the following bonus feats: Precise Shot, Technologist (No bonuses on skill checks), Weapon Finesse and Improved Unarmed Strike.
    -Just for the purpose of meeting prerequisites but cannot use the effects of the feat unless they take them: Combat Expertise, Dodge, Point-Blank Shot, and Power Attack.
    -Improved Combat Maneuvers feats except Improved Feint isn't required for feats that would require them.
    -SF and PF feats might have the same name and could be used either way (list would be too long to make) but if you want to use a SF feat just ask me first (Blindfight, Improved sidestep, Lunge, Nimble moves, Parting shot, Penetrating attack/Penetrating strike, Shot on the Run, Sidestep, Spring Attack, Step Up and Strike, Strike Back, and Weapon Focus are using the SF version by default)

2) Yeah sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzarra View Post
    Interested, but unsure if I have time to get a character together.
    I have a mechanic Slate leftover from a Starfinder game that did not get very far. I might try to convert him over for this if that is okay.
    It is a possibility, I don't remember a Tanuki specie in SF. Maybe I'm misremembering.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Tentatively interested. I do love sci-fi, but Iíll have to see if I have time to apply to another game.
    Chaotic Good, probably

7. - Top - End - #7

Flumph

I haven't had the chance to join a game on this site yet, but this sounds quite interesting. I ran something similar many years ago irl by mixing PF and SF. No idea what character concept I wanna work with but I'll think on it.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Would the Monowhip count as a whip for feats/talents that apply to normal whips?
    Chaotic Good, probably

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by In4Dimensions View Post
    Would the Monowhip count as a whip for feats/talents that apply to normal whips?
    Yeah the TG version of the Monowhip is treated as a whip, which leads me to do the same for the SF version.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Final View Post
    Yeah the TG version of the Monowhip is treated as a whip, which leads me to do the same for the SF version.
    Good to know.
    Also, in the Tech sphere, it suggests changing the first instance of the Superior Ranged Weaponry from an advanced talent to a basic talent at the Guns Everywhere level of tech. Because the tech level is so high, could that apply to the Superior Melee Weaponry talent as well?
    Chaotic Good, probably

11. - Top - End - #11

Good to know.
    Also, in the Tech sphere, it suggests changing the first instance of the Superior Ranged Weaponry from an advanced talent to a basic talent at the Guns Everywhere level of tech. Because the tech level is so high, could that apply to the Superior Melee Weaponry talent as well?
    Guessing you mean superior mechanical melee weaponry? It only requires the particle weapon talent which is reasonable.

The ranged version got the downgrade to basic talent, because it did have a lot of requirements (mechanical ranged weaponryx3), as a basic talent in a high tech setting, it's fine.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

@Final With all those free feats, you might want to just use the Elephant in the Room rules.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Would it be possible for me to make a Spheres archetype for the Mechanic (converted to PF)?
    If so, hereís what I was thinking:
    Spoiler: Scrapper
    Show
    Most mechanics are content with fighting through their drone or AI. However, a rare few also like to get their hands dirty by wielding weapons and psi-tech of their own.
    Blended Training - The Scrapper gains a talent each level, which can be spent on martial or magic talents. The Scrapper is considered a Low-Caster, gains 2 bonus magic talents at 1st level as normal for gaining her first level in a casting class, and uses Intelligence as her casting and practitioner ability modifier. A Scrapperís casting is always treated as psionic in nature, and a Scrapper cannot gain the Verbal Casting, Somatic Casting, or Prepared Casting drawbacks.
    This replaces the Mechanic Tricks gained at levels 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, 18, and 20, and Techmaster.

Spell Pool - At 1st level, the Scrapper gains a small reservoir of magical energy she can use to create truly wondrous effects, called a spell pool. This pool contains a number of points equal to her level + her Intelligence modifier (minimum 1). This pool replenishes once per day after roughly 8 hours of rest.
    This replaces Bypass and Weapon Specialization.

Unorthodox Creation - At 7th level, the Scrapper gains one Invention from the Technician class; Independent Invention is prohibited. At 11th level, 15th level, and 19th level, the Scrapper can add one Improvement to their Invention; they are treated as having the Chemical Insight, Electric Insight, Mechanical Insight, and the Steampower Insight Technical Insights for the purpose of determining which Improvements they are eligible to select.
    This replaces Miracle Worker, Coordinated Assault, and Control Net.
    Chaotic Good, probably

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

It is a possibility, I don't remember a Tanuki specie in SF. Maybe I'm misremembering.
    You are correct Tanuki are not in Starfinder, the race is a re-flavored Ysoki (ratfolk).
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

15. - Top - End - #15

Rokku:
    Interesting, would probably use it in a more traditional campaign but going to pass on this rule for this specific campaign.

Would it be possible for me to make a Spheres archetype for the Mechanic (converted to PF)?
    If so, hereís what I was thinking:
    Spoiler: Scrapper
    Show
    Most mechanics are content with fighting through their drone or AI. However, a rare few also like to get their hands dirty by wielding weapons and psi-tech of their own.
    Blended Training - The Scrapper gains a talent each level, which can be spent on martial or magic talents. The Scrapper is considered a Low-Caster, gains 2 bonus magic talents at 1st level as normal for gaining her first level in a casting class, and uses Intelligence as her casting and practitioner ability modifier. A Scrapperís casting is always treated as psionic in nature, and a Scrapper cannot gain the Verbal Casting, Somatic Casting, or Prepared Casting drawbacks.
    This replaces the Mechanic Tricks gained at levels 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, 18, and 20, and Techmaster.

Spell Pool - At 1st level, the Scrapper gains a small reservoir of magical energy she can use to create truly wondrous effects, called a spell pool. This pool contains a number of points equal to her level + her Intelligence modifier (minimum 1). This pool replenishes once per day after roughly 8 hours of rest.
    This replaces Bypass and Weapon Specialization.

Unorthodox Creation - At 7th level, the Scrapper gains one Invention from the Technician class; Independent Invention is prohibited. At 11th level, 15th level, and 19th level, the Scrapper can add one Improvement to their Invention; they are treated as having the Chemical Insight, Electric Insight, Mechanical Insight, and the Steampower Insight Technical Insights for the purpose of determining which Improvements they are eligible to select.
    This replaces Miracle Worker, Coordinated Assault, and Control Net.
    It's probably easier to multiclass or just play a sphere class instead of trying to add it to a SF class.

It's a little more complicated than that. Arcforge Starpath details how to convert the SF classes to PF classes. I can help with the conversion but trying to combine with spheres, at least as done in your example above might be more challenging.

As part of the guidelines for example, weapon specialization is not gained by the classes by default at level 3 from SF to PF.

A champion is probably easier to do in your case, using a class like prodigy or something, grab the tech sphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzarra View Post
    You are correct Tanuki are not in Starfinder, the race is a re-flavored Ysoki (ratfolk).
    Ah alright, making the SF ratfolk in PF isn't too difficult, it is just an alternate trait or two from the PF ratfolk.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

It's probably easier to multiclass or just play a sphere class instead of trying to add it to a SF class.

It's a little more complicated than that. Arcforge Starpath details how to convert the SF classes to PF classes. I can help with the conversion but trying to combine with spheres, at least as done in your example above might be more challenging.

As part of the guidelines for example, weapon specialization is not gained by the classes by default at level 3 from SF to PF.
    Ah, my bad, I was looking at the conversion rules on the Spheres wiki. Iíll come up with a simpler character concept.

Question: Iím thinking about the Dragoon class with a mechanical Drake. Could I take a custom Drake Power that would allow me to integrate a weapon into it, like the Mechanicís drone?
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2019-09-12 at 11:46 PM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

This looks like a really fun game.

Dose, LG Arcforge Supplement has a SRD/Wiki like PF stuff?
    I color is green, no I blue. Ok, ok, I think color. not sure now to call it

Shameless self promotion in 3... 2... 1... my DA link. I got drawing, I got litterature. You have to see it

18. - Top - End - #18

Ah, my bad, I was looking at the conversion rules on the Spheres wiki. Iíll come up with a simpler character concept.

Question: Iím thinking about the Dragoon class with a mechanical Drake. Could I take a custom Drake Power that would allow me to integrate a weapon into it, like the Mechanicís drone?
    Had to look around, wasn't sure what you were talking about, Dragoon is technically not listed in the material above so going to assume you mean Lost Spheres Dragoon and not the Mageknight Dragoon archetype.

But anyway, nothing too wrong about the dragoon class, so why not and could fit well into the setting.

So you want to trade a drake power for the weapon mount ability of the mechanic? Sure. Reminder that for Weapon mount you still pay for it. The first weapon mount only allows small arm or one-handed ranged weapon. You need two weapon mounts for longarm, heavy weapon or two-handed weapons. Weapon mounts are only ranged weapons. Not sure if it is really that useful to be quite honest for a legendary drake. But I mean, sure if that what you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    This looks like a really fun game.

Dose, LG Arcforge Supplement has a SRD/Wiki like PF stuff?
    I don't think there is much out there for LG Arcforge beside the Technomancy spheres details on the spheresofpower wiki. This just cover the spheres part of the Arcforge supplements with the technomancy magic sphere. (Not to be confused with the Tech sphere which isn't a magic sphere).

Some examples of the casting traditions in the setting are listed but they lack the flavor text associated with them, so their use is somewhat limited without it.
    Last edited by Final; 2019-09-13 at 04:24 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Had to look around, wasn't sure what you were talking about, Dragoon is technically not listed in the material above so going to assume you mean Lost Spheres Dragoon and not the Mageknight Dragoon archetype.

But anyway, nothing too wrong about the dragoon class, so why not and could fit well into the setting.

So you want to trade a drake power for the weapon mount ability of the mechanic? Sure. Reminder that for Weapon mount you still pay for it. The first weapon mount only allows small arm or one-handed ranged weapon. You need two weapon mounts for longarm, heavy weapon or two-handed weapons. Weapon mounts are only ranged weapons. Not sure if it is really that useful to be quite honest for a legendary drake. But I mean, sure if that what you want to do.
    Thanks! I know itís not optimal, but itís what best fits the character that I want to make.
    Chaotic Good, probably

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

So, LG Arcforge is Technomancy sphere? Alright, I don't think I will be using that, rather focusing on SoM. We are using common place guns, right?

Shameless self promotion in 3... 2... 1... my DA link. I got drawing, I got litterature. You have to see it

21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

This looks like it will be fun! Are we required to use one of the premade Magic Traditions or are we allowed to make our own? If the former, are there any restrictions to what one we use? Also, can Sphere Magic mix with classic magic? Like could I be a Lvl 1 (regular)Wizard and a Lvl 2 (sphere)Hedgewitch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

22. - Top - End - #22

So, LG Arcforge is Technomancy sphere? Alright, I don't think I will be using that, rather focusing on SoM. We are using common place guns, right?
    Guns are everywhere. (Note doesn't apply to SF equipment obviously)

It should be noted that in this version firearms are broken into different group instead of the firearms weapon group(it doesn't exist anymore):
    -Small arms group: small arms and one handed firearms
    -Longarms group: Longarms and two-handed firearms
    -Heavy weaponry: Heavy weapons and siege firearms
    -All grenades are in the thrown weapon group

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticHarmony View Post
    This looks like it will be fun! Are we required to use one of the premade Magic Traditions or are we allowed to make our own? If the former, are there any restrictions to what one we use? Also, can Sphere Magic mix with classic magic? Like could I be a Lvl 1 (regular)Wizard and a Lvl 2 (sphere)Hedgewitch?
    The styles are the most common, but not used by everybody, so yeah making your own is possible.

Yeah there are some kind of restrictions:

-Psychic Magic still use emotional components at least
    -Divine magic worships an entity of the convictus usually (famous people that died and now part of the convictus, the divine source, to put it simply)
    -Arcane magic to be qualified as such still requires gestures and/or incantations (whether it is skill based usually Mysticism, somatic, magic words etc...essentially arcane requires some kind of formula to work)
    -Psionic in the setting being based on technology is often paired with techno-marvelous boon and Incompatible energies drawback. (new boon and drawback, can be found in the technomancy sphere section)

Akasha is Vandaran cybernetic but well, don't think you can do much of Akasha with the sphere system, so not relevant.

I wouldn't really say mix but yes, it's possible to multiclass in wizard and hedgewitch.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Time to make a space marine!
    I kid I kid. Probably gonna go Aegis though. Maybe with a bit of soul knife too for Metaforge.
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Humm, should I buy like a really good PF gun and use the tech sphere? Humm, maybe it will be better to use SF ones, so I can have them magical.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Requesting a custom Martial Tradition and a custom Casting Tradition:
    Spoiler: Martial
    Show
    Tech-Gifted:
    Techmaniac (discipline)
    Tech Sphere
    Sniper Sphere
    1 talent from the Tech Sphere

Spoiler: Casting
    Show
    Nano-Tech:
    Drawbacks -
    Incompatible Energies
    Focus Casting (Nanite Ring)
    Center of Power (Head)
    Rigorous Concentration
    Magical Signs
    Alteration - Unnatural Transformation

Boons -
    Techno-Miraculous
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2019-09-13 at 04:59 PM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Sheets being mentalized. Went from wanna be space marine to just super beat down drunk. Master of Many Styles monk one level and probably something else unarmed?

Or just king shooty. Probably going into this.
    Permission to change the damage type to Electric/Sonic? Fire feels iffy. My dudes finna pull down thunder and lightning from his gun.
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

27. - Top - End - #27

BarbarianGuy

Are other skills like Perform and Craft being included in the SF list as well? Figured it out, nvm

Also, here is a custom Casting Tradition I'd like approved.
    Spoiler: Rising Star
    Show

Verbal Casting
    Skilled Casting(Perform: String)
    Magical Signs(Audible Baseline)
    Focus Casting(Guitar)
    Somatic Casting(x2)
    Virtuoso
    Easy Focus
    Draw Magic
    Last edited by ChaoticHarmony; 2019-09-13 at 09:14 PM.
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

28. - Top - End - #28

Humm, should I buy like a really good PF gun and use the tech sphere? Humm, maybe it will be better to use SF ones, so I can have them magical.
    Enhancement bonuses have the same price (weapon fusion or weapon enhancement version) so up to you.

Requesting a custom Martial Tradition and a custom Casting Tradition:
    Spoiler: Martial
    Show
    Tech-Gifted:
    Techmaniac (discipline)
    Tech Sphere
    Sniper Sphere
    1 talent from the Tech Sphere

Spoiler: Casting
    Show
    Nano-Tech:
    Drawbacks -
    Incompatible Energies
    Focus Casting (Nanite Ring)
    Center of Power (Head)
    Rigorous Concentration
    Magical Signs
    Alteration - Unnatural Transformation

Boons -
    Techno-Miraculous
    Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenopax View Post
    Permission to change the damage type to Electric/Sonic? Fire feels iffy. My dudes finna pull down thunder and lightning from his gun.
    Phoenix and fire seems pretty normal to me, to be quite honest. You might want to consider the Gunsmoke Mystic (archetype of Mystic) which might be more what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticHarmony View Post
    Are other skills like Perform and Craft being included in the SF list as well? Figured it out, nvm

Also, here is a custom Casting Tradition I'd like approved.
    Spoiler: Rising Star
    Show

Verbal Casting
    Skilled Casting(Perform: String)
    Magical Signs(Audible Baseline)
    Focus Casting(Guitar)
    Somatic Casting(x2)
    Virtuoso
    Easy Focus
    Draw Magic
    As for the skills for clarification purpose and no confusion:
    Profession covers perform (uses charisma obviously)
    Mysticism covers crafting magical items, Engineering covers crafting mechanical items, etc...
    Some feats might be necessary as well.

Sure casting tradition is approved.
    Last edited by Final; 2019-09-13 at 10:47 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

I obviously can't write down everything so just going to give a very brief summary of some Arcforge lore:

-Vandara is a world made by Dragons a long time ago, mostly why it is full of magic, ley lines etc...

-The Qlippoth in this world are different, they are outsiders and psionic creatures. They have conquered many colonies and planets around Vandara...and are still on Vandara, they were rebuked with the Arcforge for a little while.

-Psionic is advanced Qlippoth technology, poorly misunderstood by many. Balyn is definitely an exception with how widespread psionic is.

-Vandara attempted an interplanetary defense sending fleets of starships...the starships now have become space junk, forming a Silicon barrier around the planet, preventing any forms of interstellar travels..., kytons, qlippoth and a few individuals still live in the space junk. Attempt to destroy the silicon barrier have been unsuccessful and many Vandaran believes that they will never explore the stars anymore.

-Outsiders are born directly on Vandara. As a world full of magic, and the souls cannot go to other planes, so roughly 60 days after someone death, their souls are used to create an outsider (which is combination of many souls).

-Planar travels is not possible on Vandara. Planeshift, Gate etc...will bring an individual to a place on Vandara close to where they were trying to go. Like if you wanted to go to the abyss, you would go to a demon infested land on Vandara.

-Balyn, the artificial island and Great city of Balyn was formed when the nations united to fight the Qlippoth threat. Balyn is by far the most technologically advance nation and relatively neutral, providing tech to other nations and using the Arcforge, the artifact that won the war as their key power item. The Silken Psykers rule the city ruthlessly and many unsavory people have turned to dark powers as long as it is profitable such as Demons, Aberrations, etc...The Silken Psykers use powerful personal enforcers to "police" the city and do their biddings. Major announcements are projected into the mind of the citizen via telepathy.

-The Empire of Cidalac, is the human nation and often seen as the center of Vandaran civilization. It has an immense military power, using many warships, mecha, ridiculous artillery and some vessels even bigger than entire towns.

-Maytar is a center of learning, a floating academia nation, where people from all nations can come and learn from all the masters. Maytar goes out of their ways to hire the best and most skilled professors, which are often veterans adventurers and masters in their field, psionic, magic, engineering, akasha, etc...Maytar is where all the nations also meet for discussion and decision. Maytar just focus on knowledge and has no plans to conquer other nations.

-New Estaria to put it simply used to be elf land now Machines, Androids, Robots, AIs, and even Inevitables rule New Estaria. They aren't too concerned with pollution and don't need many resources unlike many other nations. Their main conflict is with many powerful elves claiming Estaria as their homeland but due to the current "accords", it would be a declaration of war to do so.

-Taurun, briefly the nation was losing, mages turned to dark secrets...and summoned Moloch, the archdevil and its army of devil to fight the Qlippoth. The armies of the archdevil proved an immense asset in the war and now Moloch rules Taurun with an iron fist. With no ways to go back home, Moloch and his devils are turning Taurun more like his hell. All citizens are clothed, nourished and work toward the order and worship Moloch of course. In Tauren, all creatures either serves or are killed by Moloch and his army. There are of course some signs of rebellion but its fairly minor at the moment. Plus Moloch is immensely powerful and intelligent, only the Qlippoth lords could even hope to be a match for him in battle.

---------

This is a very brief summary of the setting, but hopefully this might clarify a few things for people applying.

30. - Top - End - #30

BarbarianGuy

I obviously can't write down everything so just going to give a very brief summary of some Arcforge lore:

-Vandara is a world made by Dragons a long time ago, mostly why it is full of magic, ley lines etc...

-The Qlippoth in this world are different, they are outsiders and psionic creatures. They have conquered many colonies and planets around Vandara...and are still on Vandara, they were rebuked with the Arcforge for a little while.

-Psionic is advanced Qlippoth technology, poorly misunderstood by many. Balyn is definitely an exception with how widespread psionic is.

-Vandara attempted an interplanetary defense sending fleets of starships...the starships now have become space junk, forming a Silicon barrier around the planet, preventing any forms of interstellar travels..., kytons, qlippoth and a few individuals still live in the space junk. Attempt to destroy the silicon barrier have been unsuccessful and many Vandaran believes that they will never explore the stars anymore.

-Outsiders are born directly on Vandara. As a world full of magic, and the souls cannot go to other planes, so roughly 60 days after someone death, their souls are used to create an outsider (which is combination of many souls).

-Planar travels is not possible on Vandara. Planeshift, Gate etc...will bring an individual to a place on Vandara close to where they were trying to go. Like if you wanted to go to the abyss, you would go to a demon infested land on Vandara.

-Balyn, the artificial island and Great city of Balyn was formed when the nations united to fight the Qlippoth threat. Balyn is by far the most technologically advance nation and relatively neutral, providing tech to other nations and using the Arcforge, the artifact that won the war as their key power item. The Silken Psykers rule the city ruthlessly and many unsavory people have turned to dark powers as long as it is profitable such as Demons, Aberrations, etc...The Silken Psykers use powerful personal enforcers to "police" the city and do their biddings. Major announcements are projected into the mind of the citizen via telepathy.

-The Empire of Cidalac, is the human nation and often seen as the center of Vandaran civilization. It has an immense military power, using many warships, mecha, ridiculous artillery and some vessels even bigger than entire towns.

-Maytar is a center of learning, a floating academia nation, where people from all nations can come and learn from all the masters. Maytar goes out of their ways to hire the best and most skilled professors, which are often veterans adventurers and masters in their field, psionic, magic, engineering, akasha, etc...Maytar is where all the nations also meet for discussion and decision. Maytar just focus on knowledge and has no plans to conquer other nations.

-New Estaria to put it simply used to be elf land now Machines, Androids, Robots, AIs, and even Inevitables rule New Estaria. They aren't too concerned with pollution and don't need many resources unlike many other nations. Their main conflict is with many powerful elves claiming Estaria as their homeland but due to the current "accords", it would be a declaration of war to do so.

-Taurun, briefly the nation was losing, mages turned to dark secrets...and summoned Moloch, the archdevil and its army of devil to fight the Qlippoth. The armies of the archdevil proved an immense asset in the war and now Moloch rules Taurun with an iron fist. With no ways to go back home, Moloch and his devils are turning Taurun more like his hell. All citizens are clothed, nourished and work toward the order and worship Moloch of course. In Tauren, all creatures either serves or are killed by Moloch and his army. There are of course some signs of rebellion but its fairly minor at the moment. Plus Moloch is immensely powerful and intelligent, only the Qlippoth lords could even hope to be a match for him in battle.

---------

This is a very brief summary of the setting, but hopefully this might clarify a few things for people applying.
    So are there any restricted races? Because I was working on a Lashunta character, but don't necessarily need to be one.