The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 92
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Draydor Tinkertot
    Tinker gnome Artificer

    (OOC a hopefully this didn’t come across as ‘barging’ which feels somewhat aggressive. It was more distractedly oblivious. But I can roll with it)

    Draydor blinked in surprise at the large man who reach out for him with a warning, finally focusing on his immediate surroundings. "That will not do, little fella. Some people in here lack patience and good manners, and you shouldn't put yourself in trouble with them. You better return to your place in line.."

    Draydor peered around in confusion, eyes widening as he finally registered the crowd that he had been walking past. He started to stammer a response, but stopped when another shadow fell over him, speaking in his native tongue. "Maybe you should wait, these types seem to find barging in very rude, especially if there is a line."

    Draydor almost squealed in delight as he started farting around Ferro, practically gushing over the warforged. ”BythegrandsmithyofReorxyouareincredible! MayIaskwhatForgeyouwerebornin? Wasthereanattendingmechano-prieatatyourmomentofsentience? Whatalovelywood,isthatanoakorwalnut? OfcourseIamnotanexpertwithwoodsoperhapsitissomevar iantofcherryorsandalwood. Howeverthatpolishedmetal,surelyitistemporedsteelof thehighestquality. AndarethosesymbolsofReorx?Theycertainlyappeartoind icateaffiliationwiththeChurch-wait,thoseareordainedmarkings...areyouapriest?”

    Draydor is giddy with excitement, his words likely a stream of gibberish to anyone not proficient in the language of gnomes. He fumbles at his satchel, pulling forth parchment and pen to start taking notes and make sketches. This was turning out to be an amazing day!

    I guess I wasted that naturally 20 on Persuasion ... and don’t worry, Draydor’s speech won’t always be so annoying. He’s just really excited
    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    AC 14 HP 12 Init +2 Move 20
    Str +1 Dex +2 Con +6 Int +6 Wis +2 Cha +0
    Weapon: lt hammer (+3, 1d4+1), Spear (+3, 1d6+1), Lt crossbow (+4, 1d8+2)
    Spells (Unl/2): mending, fire bolt / catapult, grease, arcane weapon, absorb elements, cure light wounds
    Racial abilities: Tinker; magic tinkering (4/4)
    Key skills: Investigation +6; Insight +4; Perception +4; Persuasion +2
    Effect: Darkvision 60’; Advantage saves vs mental spells
    Last edited by Starbin; 2019-09-15 at 12:41 PM.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    OOC- just wanted to note it wasn't a wasted persuasion. That's why you got a friendly attitude instead of a more hostile one. If most people were to accept obliviousness as an excuse, kenders would not have been hated so much :P
    Games I'm DMing-
    Dragonlance- War of the Lance OOC IC
    The game is still open for new players!

    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Escolm leans forward, his soft spoken words barely audible over the crowd, "Besides the apparitions of dead people flickering in the dead of the night and events long gone being witnessed by children, drunks and fools, there have been claims of visions. Dargaard Keep being rebuilt in the middle of the night, only to be disproved later in the morning. Rumors about new Towers of Sorcery which sprout from the ground only to vanish moments later are heard all across the continent. I know of at least one sighting of the Shadow Sorcerer. Some people have strange dreams about the life they could have had, if their choices were different, for good and ill. There is change on the horizon and I intend to understand it."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Paraphrased from initial recruitment post, with one bit added in, thanks DM.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Olzun
    Hobgoblin Summoner
    AC: 17 HP: 11/11
    PP: 11 PI: 15
    Concentrating on: --
    Conditions: --

    "I'm sure it would be if I had even a single coin left from my travels. I hope you don't mind that I'm just satisfying my curiosity right now. If it's not too rude to ask, what would you say the difference would be between the goods and services you provide from those that pay allegiance to the Order of High Sorcery?" Olzun replies, really hoping she's not going to get kicked out the moment he hears 'no coin'.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    JadedDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Meanwhile, the barkeeper nods towards Brina and says "no problem" she quickly calls to one of the waitresses to take the order while she pours some wine to Brina "Here you go. Are you in need for something? Some help behind what wine can offer, perhaps?"
    "Thank you," Brina says offering a warm smile. "How much do I owe you? And yes, I am hoping to find some information. You seem to get a lot of people in this town, including some exotic ones. I don't suppose you have seen any sligs, in particular? Maybe some with a couple of human children with them? A little girl named Aliyah, 12, and a boy Jayse, 10. Or maybe just the kids alone? They might have gotten away from the sligs and would have probably went for the nearest town..." She allows herself to ramble a bit, going off track, as she tries to keep her thoughts in order and utterly fails.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Ferro would do what little he could do to seem amuse by this, ans would step away from the line, willing to wait to talk. Why not? He wasn't in a rush and if he couldn't get in later he could find another place to rent a room or stay outside. Given he was in good health he didn't even need to sleep. There were no spells to recover.

    "I was 'born' in the 4th workshop in thr warforged sector of Mt. Nevermind. As to a mechanopriest, sadly, no. But I do well remember the moment... I imagine it... I don't understand sleep, but from what I hear it is probably close to waking up from an incredably deep sleep? But no dreams? There was a sort of mental.click and I was there..."

    Ferro feigns a gesture of rubbing his chin, something many humans did, so he did so occasionally to seem more like them. It looked mechanical and purposeful despite the attempt.

    "Some varient of cherry I think, an unusually hard variety the alchemical fluids imbued in it deepened the color to a dark reddish hue, so I can see the confusion. Yes they used tempered steel in my construction. And I am a priest of Reorx. After 10 years helping to build more of my kind, I went off in search of answers to the big questions. Reorx called to me, and I am now his cleric." Ferro says, equilly quickly and confusingly to those not accustomed to gnomish. "My name is Ferro, by the way. An inside joke, but it seemed fair enough, let alone now that I am a priest."

    Spoiler
    Show

    I left it normal for easeb of reading and to avoid going back and removing spaces I habitually use constantly. It was fun deciphering that though. :D
    Last edited by Mai; 2019-09-15 at 08:15 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Inn of the Last Home
    While talking with Carter, Escolm does makes a mental note to the entrance of Brina. However, due to the loud noises and with her sitting with her back towards him, he can't read much of the conversation. From what he can see, she looks like a commoner, and lacks any identification of someone who knows the way of the sword or the powers of the world and its gods.

    Meanwhile, the barkeeper gives Brina her the food she ordered. Once Brina mentions the sligs and the lost children, her expression darkens and she says "No, I must say I have not heard about any of those creatures moving around here. Are you saying they had children with them? I do hope they are ok..." she examines Brina's face "it looks like you need the food more than I need the money. Two silver coins should be more than enough, and I'll talk with the sheriff. Maybe he heard something. I'll let you know once I'll have an update- where are you staying in Solace?"

    Meanwhile, Ferro and Draydor take their place in the line. Mina come shortly afterward, and she can easily notice the tall, construct person near the joyful gnome. From what she can see, most of the people in the line are just eager to get to the inn as soon as possible. Those who are near the gnome and his metallic companion seem to be mostly in awe from Ferro, while those near her give her disdain looks, a mixture of hatred and fear- yet they are yet to show direct hostility towards her.

    Levinose & Malcom
    Malcom just shrugs and says "well, not much of a difference other than the fact that many wizards are not that welcoming toward sorcerers in their shops. Some are more friendly than the others, but lately they become more and more tense. Someone needs to give service to those who don't get it anywhere. Wizards can be really stiff, if you know what I mean" he examines Ozlun "after all, I assume that you get enough trouble from them on your own for just wearing all of that armor and such"
    Last edited by LostLight; 2019-09-16 at 02:34 AM.
    Games I'm DMing-
    Dragonlance- War of the Lance OOC IC
    The game is still open for new players!

    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Mina stared in awe. The Last Home Inn. History were soaked in the wood planks, giving it a certain aroma, not less, then the spilled ale did.
    She held her hood, covering her face as much as she could.
    Mina wasn't worthy to stand here. She was a failure.
    But she had to try again.
    "Pl-please, mates. I am merely a traveler. I am not se-sseeking troubles.' she said nervously.
    Primal instincts, led her hooves to sit near the construct person. He didnt seemed hostile, and maybe near him she will be safe.
    "I am.. s-so sorry. May I join you two?' she has asked, looking desprate and terrified.
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    JadedDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Meanwhile, the barkeeper gives Brina her the food she ordered. Once Brina mentions the sligs and the lost children, her expression darkens and she says "No, I must say I have not heard about any of those creatures moving around here. Are you saying they had children with them? I do hope they are ok..." she examines Brina's face "it looks like you need the food more than I need the money. Two silver coins should be more than enough, and I'll talk with the sheriff. Maybe he heard something. I'll let you know once I'll have an update- where are you staying in Solace?"
    "Yes, in fact, they are my children," Brina admits, absently clasping the locket around her neck in her hand. "I've been trying to track them down since they were taken." She places two silvers on the bar. "Thank you for your kindness and your generosity. And I've only just arrived in town, so I'd be happy to stay here if you have any rooms left."

    =========

    (OOC: Brina spends 2 silver pieces.)

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Olzun
    Hobgoblin Summoner
    AC: 17 HP: 11/11
    PP: 11 PI: 15
    Concentrating on: --
    Conditions: --

    "If it weren't for my traditions offending them, they'd just be offended by me for being born who I was anyway." Olzun chuckles and gives a shrug as if to say 'eh, what can you do?'. "Well I hope you have a nice day Malcom!" and with that she leaves the shop.

    From there she heads over to check out Alevaster's. Though she had to strongly resist the urge to visit Lunitari's Gift. Either they would have been angered at her wanting to read books without paying or they wouldn't and she'd wind up spending the next several days in there instead of doing what she came to do.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Draydor Tinkertot
    Tinker gnome Artificer

    Draydor was furiously taking notes, nodding rapidly as he listened to the warforged. He acknowledged the warforged, muttering to himself from time to time. ”Ah, yes, Fourth Workshop, excellent foundry ... that would be under Precandelasterancionarion ...good assembler, mediocre fabricator from scratch ... explains the lack of mechanical-priest ... yes, yes, sleep, dreams, awareness ...Can warforged dream? What would they dream of? Does awareness equal sentience? ... ah, yes cherry variant, alchemical treatment you say?, interesting ...
    oak and walnut are typically harder woods, while pine is more prevalent ... I must presume the choice for cherry was completely aesthetic, unless there are bio-chemical properties associated with treated cherry wood, perhaps as a conducting material? ... of course it was tempered steel, very good there are a number of highly resistant alloys that could be added to improve defenses, or lighten this chassis ... a priest, that is amazing? Of course for Reorx ... this definitely warrants further investigation ... questions regarding purpose ... directly supports my hypothesis regarding the connection between self-awareness and sentience! ... ah yes, Ferro, I get it. My own outside name is Draydor Tinkertot, Laos a joke that only Mt Nevermind residents will likely get. Now may I ... [/SIZE]


    The appearance of a Minotaur asking to join them stopped Draydor cold. He started at her unabashedly for at least a minute before he finally said in gnomish ”Ofcourse!Thisdayisjustgettingbetterandbetter“ . He paused for a moment to collect himself and slowly (for a gnome) repeated in common tongue. ”Please join us. Now, if I may ask you a few questions, who are you and why have you arrived in town, given the current aggression towards Minotaurs across most of Krynn?”

    Draydor looked up expectantly, no malice in his question.

    Sorry for the delay - work, dentist, and a post glitch that lost my first attempt!
    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    AC 14 HP 12 Init +2 Move 20
    Str +1 Dex +2 Con +6 Int +6 Wis +2 Cha +0
    Weapon: lt hammer (+3, 1d4+1), Spear (+3, 1d6+1), Lt crossbow (+4, 1d8+2)
    Spells (Unl/2): mending, fire bolt / catapult, grease, arcane weapon, absorb elements, cure light wounds
    Racial abilities: Tinker; magic tinkering (4/4)
    Key skills: Investigation +6; Insight +4; Perception +4; Persuasion +2
    Effect: Darkvision 60’; Advantage saves vs mental spells
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Carter Thornheart
    Human Drunkard
    AC: 11 HP: 12/12
    "Well, ye might unnerstan all manner a ghosts an' spooks, Escolm," Carter lifted the tankard upwards to his lips, and drained it in one long pull, setting it down and staring into it's empty confines, longingly, before cursing shallowly, and rising to his feet, "But ye first got t' unnerstan people." He "Strode" (Really more of a calculated and determined sort of stumble,) across the intervening space, only barely turning and swaying to avoid people, setting his tankard down with a definitive clunk on the bar beside Brina, though the heavy bootsteps and the odor of Solace's most notorious drunk would have announced his presence a moment before. "'Scuse me a Moment, Maam. But you got yerself the look of a woman wit a problem. As it so happens. I got myself a friend lookin' to solve some." He inclined his head back towards Escolm, "How can HE be'a'help to ye?"
    He also turned towards the barkeep and plunked down a gold piece under his thumb, "More Ale, when ye get yerself a minnit, plea. An 'en the res' is a tip f'r th' nice young lady werkin so hard."

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Ferro seems not to be onset at the attention, he focused on Draydor as they waited. He would listen to all this with patience, seemingly fine with the muttering.

    "Yeah, as I understood it, he mostly helped with assembling. As to cherry, supposedly some cherry varient are incredably hard. But when the alchemical fluids mixed with the woods that might change the wood anyway. As to dreams, no. Sadly I have never slept. Even when inactive I am fully concious, even if unmoving. Though daydreams are perhaps a seperate matter."

    Ferro seemed unconcerned with this. To him, it was no different than talking about a person's hair color or shoes. But on the flip side, he had some questions of his own he planned to reply with."Well I was created to help make more of my own kind. I even have a built in alchemy kit to help make the fluids instilled into our wooden cores. Despite this purpose, I still ended up here. Though I suppose that leaves me with the same philosophical conundrum. Free will or fate? But that debate applies equally well to you and everyone else. The only change being fate being wether that's god controlled, or controlled by the gnomes who make us. I doubt that though, or i'd still be in Mt. Nevermind."

    Ferro would go silent as the Minotuar came up. But he wouls take the next opportunity to alter thr subject. "What are your specs Draydor?" Ferro asked, his voice as even as before, asking with the same curiousity that Draydor had about him.

    Indeed his curiousity seemed to grow a similar amount as he continued. "Do what was your moment of awakening like? Do yoy remember leaving your creators interior workshop? Why do only some of the other races have interior workshops? And how do they get all the materials to it? How do they fit a workshop inside themselves? Is there some conveyor system that carries materials from their mouths to their assemblers? How do people grow? Even the males grow, so they must have a different type of workshop inside them. I assume the purpose of eating is to provide materials for future growth? But why eat once you are doing growing? And back to females, you can't create something without purposefully acting, so how do they do other things while purposefully taking attention to manufacture and assemble new people?"

    Ferro speaks on common this time, his curiousity such that he wanted others to feel free to explain such things if they wanted to. "Since priests should be in the workshop when new people awaken, how does the priest get into the mothers interior workshop? Or does he wait for the new person to exit? If so exiting must be traumatic with no one there to explain. Or does the mother have some internal communication device with the person as they awaken?"
    Last edited by Mai; 2019-09-17 at 03:14 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Surprised a bit by Carter's impulsive action, Escolm becomes intrigued when he sees who Carter addresses. It's another person anong many who doesn't match his criteria, in any way, for being here. While he tries to catch at least sone of the conversation, he mentally reviews all he's heard about Carter from others, and considers all that had passed between them today. When Carter motions toward him, Escolm nods once, raises his glass in a toasting gesture, then takes a drink of his ale.
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2019-09-17 at 04:40 PM.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Mina was overwhelmed from the sudden and attention, and the quick conversation, which went to the strangest places.
    But this wierd duo at least didn't seemed hostile.
    She took a seat, staring for a moment, like a doe, who is about to be hunted by a dragon.
    This

    .. artifical being might be worth reporting later.
    "M...my name is Mina. I know this an unusual name, for a minotaur, but my father had his reasons. Sorry if.. it's.. too.. wierd?' she presented herself and then apologized, and then reconsidered her apology.
    "I am not welcomed between the Minotaurs. I guess I am...

    .'
    she paused.
    "Looking for a place to untap my potential. And Solace is told to be a place... ideal to start such search.'
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Inn of the Last Home
    The barkeeper's face turns grim and she says "Don't worry, dear. We do have a spare room for you- and I'll contact my brother to see if he can help with anything. He has contacts among.." her words get cut by Carter's proclamation. She sighs, looks toward him and calls "Sit down and keep drinking yourself to death, Carter! She has enough to handle without your 'help'!" she turns toward the waitress that served him and Escolm and says "Lidia, please go to my brother and tell him to come. Say it is an urgent matter"

    Meanwhile, the line towards the Inn starts progressing slowly. While some look angrily at the minotaur cutting the line by joining the gnome and warforged, the trio are strange enough that no one actually acts. Currently, they have reached the bottom of the tree, and start going up towards the inn.

    Magi Alley
    Ozlun enters Alevaster's and she sees a white robed elf standing behind a desk. Many drawers are found behind him, as well as two guards who sit in the back of the room. Stairs to the second floor are found behind him. There are no items to see in the store, and the symbol of the three colours Eye is hanged in the ceiling. The elf gives a long look at Ozlun and says slowly "yes.. can I help you?"
    Games I'm DMing-
    Dragonlance- War of the Lance OOC IC
    The game is still open for new players!

    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Olzun
    Hobgoblin Summoner
    AC: 17 HP: 11/11
    PP: 11 PI: 15
    Concentrating on: --
    Conditions: --

    "I would certainly hope so." Olzun chuckles a bit to herself, "I'm new to the city and was curious what this place is."

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Draydor Tinkertot
    Tinker gnome Artificer

    The gnome was so engrossed in the interviews with both Ferro and Mina that he didn’t register their current place in line, not the strange looks from those around them.

    Ferro fires off a number of questions of his (Her? It?) own, giving Draydor a momentary pause before he leapt in with answers.

    "What are your specs Draydor? Do what was your moment of awakening like? Do yoy remember leaving your creators interior workshop? Why do only some of the other races have interior workshops? And how do they get all the materials to it? How do they fit a workshop inside themselves? Is there some conveyor system that carries materials from their mouths to their assemblers? How do people grow? Even the males grow, so they must have a different type of workshop inside them. I assume the purpose of eating is to provide materials for future growth? But why eat once you are doing growing? And back to females, you can't create something without purposefully acting, so how do they do other things while purposefully taking attention to manufacture and assemble new people?"

    Since priests should be in the workshop when new people awaken, how does the priest get into the mothers interior workshop? Or does he wait for the new person to exit? If so exiting must be traumatic with no one there to explain. Or does the mother have some internal communication device with the person as they awaken?"[/color]

    ”My specs? I suppose I would answer that in terms of height, weight, age - 4’, or 12 hands ... 40 pounds, or 2 stone ... and 40 years old. My composition is primarily flesh and bone ... skin, sinew, and hair, most of which you can see.

    I do not recall my ‘birth’ as organics refer to it, but my earliest memory ... let me think. Ah, it would probably be my first fireworks show. My mother had designed a miniature ship to sale out onto a small pond and launch autonomously. I was fascinated by the ship as much as the loud noises.

    Pregnancy, which I suppose would be analogous to the construction process for a warforged, is the way organic creatures create other organic life. The female’s body acts as incubator and safe haven which the material grows on its own, according to a blueprint that is made up from the two creators ... or parents. The new being, a baby, feeds off of what the mother ingests, in a symbiotic, and often parasitic relationship. In many ways, it is an inferior process to construction, with any number of potential miscues or anything anomalies occurring along the way. However, the spark of life that we gain through this process is no more and no less amazing than the spark that brings a warforged to life - just different.

    One benefit to pregnancy is that the body does the work without requiring specific focus or attention, leaving the female, or mother, free to multitask. Food acts as both growing material and energy - our bodies are typically in a constant state of growth - hair, skin, nails ... so even after we achieve our nominal maximum height and weight, we still regulate food. We also use it as fuel for activities - energy that feeds locomotion, physical exertion, even magic usage.

    As for the birthing, it can be traumatic. The process usually culminates in an automatic dispensing of the child, typically overseen by healers. However, if there are complications, the baby can be removed by way of surgery or magic. The newborn baby, or infant, possesses much potential, but initially, they are small, weak and unable to fend for themselves. The are reliant on their parents to aid, protect and teach them as they mature to full growth. Truly a fascinating process ...”
    the


    As he paused to take some notes, the Minotaur spoke up. "M...my name is Mina. I know this an unusual name, for a minotaur, but my father had his reasons. Sorry if.. it's.. too.. wierd? I am not welcomed between the Minotaurs. I guess I am...looking for a place to untap my potential. And Solace is told to be a place... ideal to start such search.'

    Draydor beamed at her. ”Well met, Mina! I am Draydor Tinkertot ... or did I already introduce myself? This is Ferro ... but perhaps he introduced himself. Wait, Ferro, do you associate as a male, female, neither, both, or other? I am curious for proper pronoun usage.

    Anyway, Mina, I hope you fine the opportunity to unlock and achieve your potential. What kind of things are you interested in? What are you specialities. As a female, would you have anything to add to the explanation of birth to Ferro?”
    . Draydor gazed at her expectantly.

    Well, this character certainly isn’t the quiet type ... but that means a lot of dialogue in these posts!
    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    AC 14 HP 12 Init +2 Move 20
    Str +1 Dex +2 Con +6 Int +6 Wis +2 Cha +0
    Weapon: lt hammer (+3, 1d4+1), Spear (+3, 1d6+1), Lt crossbow (+4, 1d8+2)
    Spells (Unl/2): mending, fire bolt / catapult, grease, arcane weapon, absorb elements, cure light wounds
    Racial abilities: Tinker; magic tinkering (4/4)
    Key skills: Investigation +6; Insight +4; Perception +4; Persuasion +2
    Effect: Darkvision 60’; Advantage saves vs mental spells
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Carter Thornheart
    Human Drunkard
    AC: 11 HP: 12/12
    ""Pfah!" he shouted, making a dismissive motion of his hands, "Shows whats you know! Imma happily back down and goin' right back to drinkin jus' as soon as I finish orderin' my next drink. ...Or did I already do that?" he scrubbed at his chin for a moment through stringy, brittle-looking hair, and then shook his, ""An yer damn right she don't need my help! I'm jus' the ol' drunk roun' here an proud'a it. But m' new frien' over there is a wizard, all fancy and magic. I 'magine He might be able to help out with... Uh... Uh..." he turned towards Brina, "What's yer name agin? I Seem t've forgot it."
    Last edited by RedMalkav; 2019-09-19 at 01:58 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Mina was wierded out, from the discussion of such basic facts in life. But she guessed, the construct found those facts just as much alien.
    Mina smiled, happy to feel welcomed- even if by such a bizzare induvdial.

    She blushed, when he has asked for her opinion as female.
    'Well, I don't know if I'll ever exprience it myself, I am not very attractive, in any way, and... my mother didn't much gave me insight, but I can tell, what the priestess taught us, when we visited the temple." she paused.
    "Life are gift of the gods. But Sargass doesn't give gifts without a test. Woman need to win a male, and her body turn into a battle, which if she strong enough to win, her loot is a child which she can train for the benefit of the clan and the empire." her ears folded, and tail flipped nervously
    "Weak women lose both their life and the child. This it the ultimate test for a woman.'
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    JadedDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    "'Scuse me a Moment, Maam. But you got yerself the look of a woman wit a problem. As it so happens. I got myself a friend lookin' to solve some." He inclined his head back towards Escolm, "How can HE be'a'help to ye?"
    Brina smiles as best she can as she is assaulted by the man's powerful breath, reeking with booze. "I, uh, am not sure, good sir. My name is Brina. My children were taken by sligs, and I've been tracking them down to get them back. Do you...or your friend...know anything about sligs?" It seemed like a longshot, especially as the poor man was trying to pay for his drinks with gold of all things, but he did ask and she wasn't in a situation to turn down any offered help.

    The barkeeper's face turns grim and she says "Don't worry, dear. We do have a spare room for you- and I'll contact my brother to see if he can help with anything. He has contacts among.." her words get cut by Carter's proclamation. She sighs, looks toward him and calls "Sit down and keep drinking yourself to death, Carter! She has enough to handle without your 'help'!" she turns toward the waitress that served him and Escolm and says "Lidia, please go to my brother and tell him to come. Say it is an urgent matter"
    "Thank you again," Brina says to the barkeeper. "I don't know what I'd do or where I'd stay otherwise. This town is so big compared to my own. I feel like I'd get lost for days if I let myself."

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Ferro would nod, thinking things over as he listens. It began tk make sense. But I made him all the more curious about how he neither needed fuel or growth. Oh he knew much of the why and how. He had helped make many of his own kind, but hearing all this made him marvel at it slightly.

    It is a great shame then that others aren't like us. We require neither food, water, air, or sleep. There would be no concern with such resources if others didn't need those. Though I must say I do really wish I knew what food tasted like. People constantly talk of how good or bad things taste."

    Ferro would continue listening, growing to appear a bit disgruntled as Mina continued. "That seems incredably unfair. As someone who has worked to build more of my own kind, I know how unfair it must be to be told some problem in the construction is your own weakness and incompetance. Constructing a new bring is hard enough when you are purposefully working to make it. Let alone when you don't get to see, hear or in any way sense what you are making as you are making it. It takes... what was the phrase... blood, sweat, and tears? To make something like that.. especially doing it blind and death. I am sorry some of your people are incompetent in their assessment."

    Ferro seems to mean the best by what he is saying, and gets thatb he can't truly know what that's like. But he still can't help think that's unfair. He would turn around to check again hoe long the line was.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    In of the Last Home
    The barkeeper's eyes darken when she hears Brina's situation. "Poor thing.." she whispered, but then moved her stare towards Carter "You sit down and wait for Palin or Gerard to come. I don't know what you two cook up, but this is a serious situation"

    Meanwhile, the line progresses slowly, and it would take awhile for Mina, Draydor and Ferro to reach the top of the inn.

    Magi Alley
    The elf gives a long stare at Ozlun "you are in the Magi Alley, the symbol of the Eye is hanged on my door and this is clearly a shop. I assume that even you could connect the dots and get that we are not selling pigs in here" he rolls his eyes "if you don't know what is this place, then you clearly shouldn't be here" he stares at her armor, shield and weapons "clearly. Now, if you could not waste my time, you scare potential costumers who actually know where they are. This is not a place for curiosity- at least, if you want to keep all of your fingers"
    Last edited by LostLight; 2019-09-20 at 03:51 PM.
    Games I'm DMing-
    Dragonlance- War of the Lance OOC IC
    The game is still open for new players!

    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Olzun
    Hobgoblin Summoner
    AC: 17 HP: 11/11
    PP: 11 PI: 15
    Concentrating on: --
    Conditions: --

    "If you weren't taught to value curiosity then you have no business hanging the Eye here and I highly doubt any customer coming here would know the difference between anything of value and whatever pig **** it is you must be peddling. Have fun collecting fingers instead of knowledge or customers you foul pig-perfumed disgrace." Olzun huffs her retort and stomps back out.

    As she leaves, her familiar flies down and smears a pellet all over the Eye mark on the shop's sign. "Gross, but appropriate Barnabas." Olzun comments.

    Deciding she'll look in on one last place, Olzun decides to check out the magical school.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Mina smiled sadly.
    "Well, my mother clearly failed, when she gave a birth to me. She wanted to throw me away... but my father saved me.' she paused.
    "Such is the way of Sargass. He testing us, weeding out the weak and incompetent. Though... somehow I am still around.' Mina wasn't sure,why she is opening herself up, to scrap of materias. But, she felt.. like she won't be judged.
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    "Do you...or your friend...know anything about sligs?"
    Carter Thornheart
    Human Drunkard
    AC: 11 HP: 12/12
    "I'll be takin' mh seat in jussa Moment, Keep." Carter said defensively, hands rising palms up in a motion of surrender, "Aft'r all, I got a lil more life in me left t' finish drinkin' away," a slow close of his left eye followed that may or may not have been an attempt at a wink, "An' No matter what th' looks to th' contrary. Now Brinnna, Like I said, I don' know much about much, I'm really jus' th' town drunk, as this pretty feller jus' said, an' it ain' no Scheme we cooked up, I ain' gon' get nothin' outer this. But tha' man's a wizard, like to know more about it an' may be able to help you."

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    JadedDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    "A wizard?" Brina asks, wide-eyed. She had never met a real wizard before, but had heard plenty of stories of the wonders--and horrors--they were capable of doing. A part of her was frightened by the idea of speaking to such a person, but another part was excited. And it was known that wizards were quite educated on a number of subjects beyond magic. But what kind of wizard needed a self-admitted drunkard to introduce him? There were clearly some pieces of this puzzle still missing. But Brina reasons that if they were up to anything bad, they surely wouldn't try to hurt her in this crowded common room, surrounded by witnesses. Or so she hoped.

    "Alright, I will speak to him, if he wishes," she says.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    Carter Thornheart
    Human Drunkard
    AC: 11 HP: 12/12
    "Tsaro!" Carter shouted, slapping one of his scarred, tanned and weathered hands against the other, and rising, (A bit Too fast, perhaps,) from the seat beneath him, turning back to the barkeep and, as quietly as the state of him allowed, said, "Send my next drink over to the table, anoth'r a whate'er th' wizards drinkin', an somethin' else fer the lady if she needs it," almost absently, as the salt and peppered head turned back towards Brina, another gold piece was added atop the first, though the words that escaped him were clearly addressed to the barkeeper, rather than Brina, ""That should about cover it. An', like I said, a nice tip f'r th' waitress. I Might be one foot in the Abyss, but I ain't there yet. Thank ye, kindly. Feel Free t' come on o'er when'ere ye got a mind, Brinnna," again, the woman's name dragged itself out, as if there were some trouble in pronunciation, "We'll see if'n we can't git ya some help proper fast."

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    While Carter's engaged, Escolm looks over the crowd. It certainly was a busy place, largely owing to fame he surmised. When Carter gets up he turns his attention back there fully, trying to catch what he can of the conversation.
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2019-09-23 at 04:49 PM.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    JadedDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dragons of Rising Tides (IC)

    With some reluctance, Brina follows the man to meet the wizard. "Hello, I am Brina Kirstein," she says in introduction. "Your...associate here says you can help me in tracking down a group of sligs?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •