New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Miniature painting, where to begin?

Quote Originally Posted by Drache64 View Post
    My starter set was a pack of cheap brushes from Walmart, 1 can of .98 cent spray paint, and any paints I wanted.
    Mine was a bunch of stuff from when my father was a kid, a T-34-76 Mod.1943 ChTZ kit, and a pot of green paint.

The D&D figures are pre-assembled, though I still probably wouldn't recommend them because the cast quality looked pretty low based on what I see at the store. Brushes are cheap at michaels, and actually the apple barrel craft paint michaels sells does work on miniatures [thin your paint!], though it's not the best and I'd still recommend most of the Citadel line.
    Last edited by LordCdrMilitant; 2019-09-14 at 04:58 PM.
    Guardsmen, hear me! Cadia may lie in ruin, but her proud people do not! For each brother and sister who gave their lives to Him as martyrs, we will reap a vengeance fiftyfold! Cadia may be no more, but will never be forgotten; our foes shall tremble in fear at the name, for their doom shall come from the barrels of Cadian guns, fired by Cadian hands! Forward, for vengeance and retribution, in His name and the names of our fallen comrades!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Miniature painting, where to begin?

My FLGS has a weekly mini painting social. The couple of times I've been there while it's going, there have been at least 5 people...plus they just got Warhammer, which means more painting.