The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 122
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Posting my build stub.

    Mechanically, I'm done. Will get some backstory put together as it forms in my head.

    Grik R'vasala, Unseelie Fey hunter
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Expressing interest. Looking to play a Wu Jen/Crusader/Jade Phoenix Mage. Possibly Hengeyokai, having used shapeshifting to run spy missions for the Emporium in exchange for access to knowledge.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Is there a way to be a necropolitan with the milestone levelling?

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulOak View Post
    I am familiar with Grod's work, and tend to find it fairly balanced. Given that it is all aimed at T3, it should be fine. I don't think I'll force everyone onto that bandwagon, but I'm down if you (your friend) wants to use it. ;)
    I hadn't seen it before, but I like Grod's version of Warmage and char-gen. Did you mean you were open to just the classes or the rest of the char-gen from his Giants and Graveyards too?

    Vrazik is a warmage that was apprenticed within the Emporium who was often tasked as an enforcer/fixer, ideally through diplomacy/intimidation (only CHA 10 so not breaking things that way) with the arcane firepower to back himself up.
    On Vacation Nov 1-11. Will have some access but not a lot. Don't delay on me, NPC as needed.

    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Dimers's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by fyleisch View Post
    I'm thinking about a character who's a librarian for the Emporium, kind of a creepy individual who doesn't get much sun. I was picturing the library as something so old and so full of dark and unknown magic that it might have developed its own spiritual identity (of the kind that might fuel a cleric or warlock) and that it might slowly warp/abberate people who work for it too closely.
    Wow. If it were my game, I'd recruit you with any build you care to make, on the strength of that paragraph alone.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

    Current games list

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Here is the basic crunch for Kard Rockwell, dwarven stonemage 5. Backstory will follow.

    PeacefulOak:

    I decided that Sustain Stone Sphere was too strong to direct with swift actions, so I made it require move actions.

    I noticed that the Stonemage gets Stone Shape as a 2nd level spell instead of 3rd like a druid, thanks to the Trapsmith's spell list. If you have a problem with that I'll move it to 3rd level. I think it should be ok as it is though since it's not a combat spell and is not that powerful.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Alabenson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    I really like your class, I'll will use it one day.
    I take that as a massive compliment.

    In other news, I've more or less finished equipping Thetsu, and I have a short backstory for him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Easygoing, perhaps to a fault, Thetsu had spent his youth growing up in a far-off land where he enjoyed a particularly strong rapport with the local nature spirits. While he could have likely gotten by in his homeland living off his charm and unnaturally good luck, Thetsu was possessed of a powerful desire to see as much of the world as possible, and so set off on a journey that eventually led him to cross paths with the Emporium.
    The Emporium hadnít initially intended to hire Thetsu. As far as anybody could determine, the eternally cheerful monkey-man had somehow wandered in along with several of their actual recruits and simply never left. Despite this, Thetsu has since proven to be quite useful, in particular being adept at ferreting out valuable information, and for his part he seems happy with the opportunities afforded to him by the Emporiumís employment.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

    When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

    My Homebrew


  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goaty14's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Everything is done right now. Here's the full application:
    Spoiler: Application: Aurae Draemeith
    Show
    The carrion crawlers in the sewers? Worrying, but their anatomy is hardly known...
    Aurae Draemeith, Killoren Ritualist
    Female LG Killoren Ritualist, Level 5, Init 5, HP 26/26, Speed 30
    AC 18, Touch 11, Flat-footed 17, Fort 3, Ref 2, Will 4, Base Attack Bonus +2
    Dagger +2 (1d4-1, 19-20/x2)
    Light Crossbow (50 Bolts) +3 (1d8, 19-20/x2)
    Masterwork +1 Mithral Chain Shirt, Masterwork +1 Buckler (+5 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
    Condition None

    Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Aurae appears as a slim, light figure. Her skin is pale like the moon and hair as if bleached. Her eyes similarly pale until she does her morning rituals, at which point they turn to a bright sky blue. She wears a green dress when not actively involved in fighting, and leather armor when she is. Regardless of the situation, a sheathed dagger is always at her belt. Other than that, Aruae does not burden herself with much equipment, as too much weight could easily burden her.


    Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Aurae is best described as constantly inquisitive. Upon learning new things, she won't hesitate to repeat it under a whisper as to try and remember the new piece of knowledge. No secret is too dark and no lore is too hidden for Aurae to seek out once she learns of its existence. Though if any one thing provides to be ostensibly difficult, Aurae may just turn away from it to focus on other, more important, things. She has lots of time to explore the corners of the world - why waste time slogging away at a problem that may come to reveal itself later anyways?

    As a Killoren, Aurae is involved with the dealings of nature. She prefers to destroy evil that threatens the naturalistic, but isn't averse to preserving what is left behind to research it further.


    Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Aurae grew up in an elven community, her origin unknown to even herself. Having grown up much faster than her elven peers, Aurae grew with the knowledge like that of an elven druid, which quickly allowed her entry into a noble's court, whereupon an agent for the Emporium found her. Compared to the static dealings of court and others treating her like a child (presumed to be an elf and only 96 years old, Aurae is barely an Elvish adult) in addition to the promise of new experiences and adventures in the Emporium, Aurae wasted no time in joining the Emporium.
    ...
    Currently, Aurae seeks to explore what the Emporium has for her, and get to know the wise people within it.
    Last edited by Goaty14; 2019-09-14 at 09:06 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Massa, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulOak View Post
    Works for me then!
    That dwarf has a bunch of 3/day psionic powers, not sure how to rate that in terms of racial balance. This doesn't look bad overall though. Which revised class?
    I have choosed to do psychic warrior 5 /defender of Sardior 3 / sanctifed mind 6 at the end and using a LN rather than a CN (well because in my background idea that work better)
    The revised psychic warrior form Grod list (i copy here what he has written)

    Psychic Warrior-- A warrior-mage, augmenting his body with pure mental energy.
    Spoiler
    Hide
    Add Spot, Listen, Intimidate, Handle Animal, and Tumble to the list of class skills, and increase skill points to 4+Int.
    At first level, you may choose Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma to use as your casting stat.
    Multiply his power points per level by 1.5, rounding up (starting with 1 point/day)
    It would be permitted? I would use intelligence as casting stat t he mathematical thing is done ( i have considered the revised class for now but if not i can exchange very quickly)
    there is my build (i have listed magic equipment is that okay? If you need source for something ask i have no problems .For background probably he will be a protector of trader and his work eventually interested the Emporium which invited him here , that could work (i have to refine that)
    Ivar Gemwork
    Last edited by Quentinas; 2019-09-15 at 04:09 AM.
    Spoiler: Medals
    Show
    Spoiler: Iron Chef Optimization Challenge: E6 Appetizer Edition
    Show
    Silver medal as Xin in Round XVII
    Gold Medal as Smit in Round XVIII
    Silver Medal as Hit Me In Round XIX
    Gold Medal as The Exiled in Round XIX


  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Current build, other than background:

    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2010818

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Kard Rockwell, dwarven stonemage, is ready.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Massa, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Created the background for my character (see above)
    Spoiler: Medals
    Show
    Spoiler: Iron Chef Optimization Challenge: E6 Appetizer Edition
    Show
    Silver medal as Xin in Round XVII
    Gold Medal as Smit in Round XVIII
    Silver Medal as Hit Me In Round XIX
    Gold Medal as The Exiled in Round XIX


  13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Hello, I would be interested in joining this if possible. How does application work - do we work up full characters and backgrounds from which you choose, or do we create them collaboratively with you once the concept is accepted?

    I am thinking there would be something interesting to do with a Dwarf who is related to the other Dwarf member/s of the party, possibly in terms of actual shared family or clan-bonding. I've long had the idea of using the Duskblade class as a Dwarf "Rune Axe Warrior", who carry their ancestral axes into combat and mark them with powerful runes that channel destructive magic (just a re-fluff of the Duskblade class).

    I'd like to use Grod's Duskblade to do it:

    Duskblade-- A destructive mage-warrior, capable of channeling spells through his weapon to cause massive devastation.
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Add Balance, Handle Animal, Profession, Listen, Spot, and Use Magic Device to skill list, boost points to 4+ Int
    • Duskblades know all spells on their list, and cast them spontaneously
    • Revised spell list.
    • Duskblades may channel any melee or ranged touch attack spell through any melee or ranged weapon attack. (Including natural weapons)
    • Arcane Attunement is replaced by a familiar.
    • At 2nd level, they gain Skill Focus (Concentration) instead of the now-defunct Combat Casting.
    • Eclectic Learning: At 4th level, and every subsequent even-numbered level, a Duskblade learns one spell from the Sorcerer/Wizard list. If the spell is a touch attack or ranged touch attack, he learns it one level lower than normal. If it does not, he learns it at its normal level. He must be able to cast the spell at its adjusted level in order to learn it.


    EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if I missed something but does "25 point buy" for ability scores mean something other than what's presented in the PHB? I'm sure I've seen one character overspend that amount and one character underspend it.
    Last edited by Mr Adventurer; 2019-09-15 at 05:19 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Massa, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    For what i see now there are many dwarf here for the point are you sure someone have spent less ( there are two that depend on which stat putted the level 4 point ) and the only one that seems to me that have overspent is sir parnaso (but i had only a quick see so i could be wrong ) because even with level 4 point it seems to have spent 27 point ( or he has forgotten dexterity penalty from gold dwarf)
    Spoiler: Medals
    Show
    Spoiler: Iron Chef Optimization Challenge: E6 Appetizer Edition
    Show
    Silver medal as Xin in Round XVII
    Gold Medal as Smit in Round XVIII
    Silver Medal as Hit Me In Round XIX
    Gold Medal as The Exiled in Round XIX


  15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Wondering if Thaumurai is allowed?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-09-15 at 10:06 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentinas View Post
    For what i see now there are many dwarf here for the point are you sure someone have spent less ( there are two that depend on which stat putted the level 4 point ) and the only one that seems to me that have overspent is sir parnaso (but i had only a quick see so i could be wrong ) because even with level 4 point it seems to have spent 27 point ( or he has forgotten dexterity penalty from gold dwarf)
    You are right, I just double checked and I overspent 1 point, but not because of the dex penalty.

    10, 12, 15, 10, 11, 15. But that's 27, so I'll put 10, 12, 15, 10, 12, 14, that shoud do it. I could simply lose that 1st level spell, but it is there mostly for wands.
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2019-09-15 at 07:58 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Another dwarf offers his services, Gloimondil Tungbarson.

    He's a Warden, another class made by Grod. He's the party buffer, not much he can do else, but it's a cool class.

    He's mostly done. Backstory is the next thing to do

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Book Wombat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Ay, have an idea. An apprentice guide (sort of a know it all) looking to increase her knowledge. Will try to work on a sheet. Is Dragon Mag allowed?
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2019-09-15 at 08:05 AM.
    . .-. .-. --- .-. / ....- ----- ....- ---... / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / -. --- - / ..-. .. -. -.. / --.- ..- . ... - .. --- -. / ---... -.--.-

    Discord: Warpzzz#4020, feel free to DM.
    Avatar by linkele

    Book Wombat's Extended Signature

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Massa, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    You are right, I just double checked and I overspent 1 point, but not because of the dex penalty.

    10, 12, 15, 10, 11, 15. But that's 27, so I'll put 10, 12, 15, 10, 12, 14, that shoud do it. I could simply lose that 1st level spell, but it is there mostly for wands.
    It use 26 points in the second array (you shoudl put wisdom to 11 to have 25 point)
    Last edited by Quentinas; 2019-09-15 at 12:10 PM.
    Spoiler: Medals
    Show
    Spoiler: Iron Chef Optimization Challenge: E6 Appetizer Edition
    Show
    Silver medal as Xin in Round XVII
    Gold Medal as Smit in Round XVIII
    Silver Medal as Hit Me In Round XIX
    Gold Medal as The Exiled in Round XIX


  20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Dimers's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulOak View Post
    Many consider it to be a dangerous placeÖ and they are correct, but for all the wrong reasons. Far from the dusty library filled with foolish scholars seeking secrets of a doomed past, the true Emporium is likely the most powerful organization of traders, influencers, adventurers, and every type of skulldugger you might imagine.
    That sounds kinda secret-society, not necessarily something it'd be wise to share freely. How 'underground' are Emporium people about their membership? Does the public either respect or disdain a person for claiming influence with the Emporium? Are there secret signals we use to identify ourselves to each other? An invented language or writing system?

    I can't help but make comparisons with Masonic lodges here in the U.S., including the bit about secret languages. My wife found a journal written by a Mason in characters that don't conform with any alphabet either of us has ever seen. She's using bits of it in collage artworks.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

    Current games list

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    I'm mostly done with crunch on a Duskblade, but if the Grod's Duskblade homebrew is allowed then I'll switch to that.
    Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live to serve. Our lives are yours.

    Awesome Richard avatar by kpenguin!

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goaty14's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Adventurer View Post
    EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if I missed something but does "25 point buy" for ability scores mean something other than what's presented in the PHB? I'm sure I've seen one character overspend that amount and one character underspend it.
    Officially, the rules for point-buy are on page 169 of the Dungeon Master's Guide. Though, the far easier way is to go and find an online calculator.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Going to see how well I am at making homebrew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

    "I hope that you don't get the impression that I would munchkin the rules if I was in a D&D world IRL... Even though I totally would" -Myself

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by Goaty14 View Post
    Officially, the rules for point-buy are on page 169 of the Dungeon Master's Guide. Though, the far easier way is to go and find an online calculator.
    Ah! Shows how long since I actually looked at the book for them. I long ago memorised the cost progression...

    I'm aware though that there are other ways of doing it (Pathfinder 1e counts up on a 1-for-1 basis I think?) so seemed worth checking.

    EDIT

    Quote Originally Posted by Master_Rahl22 View Post
    I'm mostly done with crunch on a Duskblade, but if the Grod's Duskblade homebrew is allowed then I'll switch to that.
    Aha, well, depending on how application and selection is done, if you are bringing in a Duskblade then I will reconsider .
    Last edited by Mr Adventurer; 2019-09-15 at 03:02 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Yeah, they work so well with Knowledge Devotion both crunch and flavor wise, and the Emporium just screams Knowledge Devotion to me. I'm still considering throwing in some Warblade levels or going straight Duskblade 5 to start.
    Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live to serve. Our lives are yours.

    Awesome Richard avatar by kpenguin!

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    woodwalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Ok, haven't chosen spells yet, but here's the sheet and her background:

    Keen: Tiefling Archivist

    Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Keen is of average height and build. She has very fair white/pink skin and has fairly small horns, so when she has her hood up she can often be mistaken for human. She keeps her hair short and pulled up.


    Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Keen is smart and she knows it. She has little time for those who would disctract her from her learning, and non-sense is an anathema to her. Its not that she doesn't know how to have fun, its that fun for her is sitting by herself deciphering some old script. What personal skills she once had have deteriorated with decades in the basements of the Emporium, but she's has found herself getting lonely over the years.


    Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Keen was raised by her human father, a professor at a small college in a mid-sized city. From a young age she took to her fathers love for books and study, and he often tutored her when he came home from work. She wasn't very old when he realized that she was picking up things that his students were struggling with.

    Using whatever influence he could muster he enrolled her in the university before she turned 12. She threw herself into the studies, quickly surpassing all of her classmates. When the time came to graduate the job offers came in quickly. Universities and libraries from all over wanted Keen to come work for them, and the Emporium was no different.

    She stayed at her alma mater for a few years, helping her father and the college as a teacher and an archivist, but eventually the call to the Emporium was too much. The knowledge they had there, even as old and poorly sorted as it was, was too much for her to turn down.

    For the last 20 years or so she has been working there, digging through lost tomes and stacks of scrolls, helping sort and organize where she can, but more often just sitting and reading. She has found a special proclivity for summoning charms. Originally she used this to summon small sprites to help her retrieve and sort through the stacks, but soon
    she was able to summon much greater beings to aide her in...well, in many ways.


    Quick world question: How quickly are tieflings accepted in this world? Are they just regular members of society, or are they ostracized? I can change up my background appropriately.
    Last edited by woodwalker; 2019-09-15 at 09:34 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonsamurai77 View Post
    Expressing interest. Looking to play a Wu Jen/Crusader/Jade Phoenix Mage. Possibly Hengeyokai, having used shapeshifting to run spy missions for the Emporium in exchange for access to knowledge.
    Hegeyokai should be fine, welcome!

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    Is there a way to be a necropolitan with the milestone levelling?
    I like the feel of it for the Emporium, but it would essentially mean you are permanently a level behind the party.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    I hadn't seen it before, but I like Grod's version of Warmage and char-gen. Did you mean you were open to just the classes or the rest of the char-gen from his Giants and Graveyards too?

    Vrazik is a warmage that was apprenticed within the Emporium who was often tasked as an enforcer/fixer, ideally through diplomacy/intimidation (only CHA 10 so not breaking things that way) with the arcane firepower to back himself up.
    Just the classes are approved, but that said ALL of Grod's class revisions from the linked system are approved. No need to ask for those.

    Quote Originally Posted by kinem View Post
    Here is the basic crunch for Kard Rockwell, dwarven stonemage 5. Backstory will follow.

    PeacefulOak:

    I decided that Sustain Stone Sphere was too strong to direct with swift actions, so I made it require move actions.

    I noticed that the Stonemage gets Stone Shape as a 2nd level spell instead of 3rd like a druid, thanks to the Trapsmith's spell list. If you have a problem with that I'll move it to 3rd level. I think it should be ok as it is though since it's not a combat spell and is not that powerful.
    I'm fine with stone shape at 2nd, and I like your update to Stone Sphere. I'm still thinking about the HP amount, but all is well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentinas View Post
    I have choosed to do psychic warrior 5 /defender of Sardior 3 / sanctifed mind 6 at the end and using a LN rather than a CN (well because in my background idea that work better)
    The revised psychic warrior form Grod list (i copy here what he has written)

    Psychic Warrior-- A warrior-mage, augmenting his body with pure mental energy.
    Spoiler
    Hide
    Add Spot, Listen, Intimidate, Handle Animal, and Tumble to the list of class skills, and increase skill points to 4+Int.
    At first level, you may choose Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma to use as your casting stat.
    Multiply his power points per level by 1.5, rounding up (starting with 1 point/day)
    It would be permitted? I would use intelligence as casting stat t he mathematical thing is done ( i have considered the revised class for now but if not i can exchange very quickly)
    there is my build (i have listed magic equipment is that okay? If you need source for something ask i have no problems .For background probably he will be a protector of trader and his work eventually interested the Emporium which invited him here , that could work (i have to refine that)
    Ivar Gemwork
    As above, Grod is approved.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Adventurer View Post
    Hello, I would be interested in joining this if possible. How does application work - do we work up full characters and backgrounds from which you choose, or do we create them collaboratively with you once the concept is accepted?

    I am thinking there would be something interesting to do with a Dwarf who is related to the other Dwarf member/s of the party, possibly in terms of actual shared family or clan-bonding. I've long had the idea of using the Duskblade class as a Dwarf "Rune Axe Warrior", who carry their ancestral axes into combat and mark them with powerful runes that channel destructive magic (just a re-fluff of the Duskblade class).
    Welcome! You can roll up your character and post your backstory/fluff here. If you'd like help with the fluff or creation let me know and I'll help out! Character idea sounds nifty!

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Ay, have an idea. An apprentice guide (sort of a know it all) looking to increase her knowledge. Will try to work on a sheet. Is Dragon Mag allowed?
    Case by case basis. Ask, and I shall review.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    That sounds kinda secret-society, not necessarily something it'd be wise to share freely. How 'underground' are Emporium people about their membership? Does the public either respect or disdain a person for claiming influence with the Emporium? Are there secret signals we use to identify ourselves to each other? An invented language or writing system?

    I can't help but make comparisons with Masonic lodges here in the U.S., including the bit about secret languages. My wife found a journal written by a Mason in characters that don't conform with any alphabet either of us has ever seen. She's using bits of it in collage artworks.
    Almost everyone knows that the Emporium is a big dusty library filled with scholars. Thus, stating that you are an agent of the Emporium would either get you laughed at ("Mighty puffed up title for a librarian!") or put you at risk if an enemy knows. As for secret signals or languages, I'm totally open to that.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Wondering if Thaumurai is allowed?
    Missed this.

    I like it, so sure. Seems all kinds of nifty.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulOak View Post
    Welcome! You can roll up your character and post your backstory/fluff here. If you'd like help with the fluff or creation let me know and I'll help out! Character idea sounds nifty!

    Thanks! My question is more about whether you're asking us to make full characters which you then might not choose to be in your game? (This has happened before)

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Adventurer View Post
    Thanks! My question is more about whether you're asking us to make full characters which you then might not choose to be in your game? (This has happened before)
    That *tends* to be the way these recruitments are done. If you'd rather post a stub along with an explanation of what you're looking to achieve with the character, and a backstory/fluff, then that would also be acceptable.

    I feel your pain, I've applied to plenty of games with full built characters and not made the cut.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulOak View Post
    That *tends* to be the way these recruitments are done. If you'd rather post a stub along with an explanation of what you're looking to achieve with the character, and a backstory/fluff, then that would also be acceptable.

    I feel your pain, I've applied to plenty of games with full built characters and not made the cut.
    OK, thanks.

    I'll probably reconsider my original pitch, since I won't know what the other Dwarf characters would be to share links with in the background (or what posters to talk to about finalising the same). I'll keep an eye on the thread and come back with something in the next few days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •