The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 122
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    My character is finished. Kyra Mora, human Duskblade
    Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live to serve. Our lives are yours.

    Awesome Richard avatar by kpenguin!

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Book Wombat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    So, is this still alive? Or dead? Maybe in suspended animation?
    . .-. .-. --- .-. / ....- ----- ....- ---... / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / -. --- - / ..-. .. -. -.. / --.- ..- . ... - .. --- -. / ---... -.--.-

    Discord: Warpzzz#4020, feel free to DM.
    Avatar by linkele

    Book Wombat's Extended Signature

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Sorry, my weekend was CRAZY busy.

    Take this as a warning, applicants! My posting can be sporadic at times, but if you stick with me I'll stick with you.

    I'll try to get the applicant list reviewed/updated sometime today.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    gah, i need to write up my backstpry
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulOak View Post
    Sorry, my weekend was CRAZY busy.

    Take this as a warning, applicants! My posting can be sporadic at times, but if you stick with me I'll stick with you.

    I'll try to get the applicant list reviewed/updated sometime today.
    Works for me .

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Huzzah and stuff~!!!

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Table updated on page 1.

    Feel free to ask any questions.

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goaty14's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Looks good to me!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Going to see how well I am at making homebrew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

    "I hope that you don't get the impression that I would munchkin the rules if I was in a D&D world IRL... Even though I totally would" -Myself

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Massa, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    My build is complete for me ( i'm not good with pictures so generally i avoid these if needed i will try to found one) And the warnings for me is okay
    But among these player who will play? All of us?
    Spoiler: Medals
    Show
    Spoiler: Iron Chef Optimization Challenge: E6 Appetizer Edition
    Show
    Silver medal as Xin in Round XVII
    Gold Medal as Smit in Round XVIII
    Silver Medal as Hit Me In Round XIX
    Gold Medal as The Exiled in Round XIX


  10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentinas View Post
    My build is complete for me ( i'm not good with pictures so generally i avoid these if needed i will try to found one) And the warnings for me is okay
    But among these player who will play? All of us?
    If you are interested in finding a picture, I start with images.google.com. In your case you could search on something like "dwarf warhammer shield -pinterest" (pinterest.com isn't link friendly). Here's one as an example


    PeacefulOak will pick a handful (4-5 as per the original post) of applicants.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Massa, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    If you are interested in finding a picture, I start with images.google.com. In your case you could search on something like "dwarf warhammer shield -pinterest" (pinterest.com isn't link friendly). Here's one as an example


    PeacefulOak will pick a handful (4-5 as per the original post) of applicants.
    Oh... thanks now i will try to search something
    Spoiler: Medals
    Show
    Spoiler: Iron Chef Optimization Challenge: E6 Appetizer Edition
    Show
    Silver medal as Xin in Round XVII
    Gold Medal as Smit in Round XVIII
    Silver Medal as Hit Me In Round XIX
    Gold Medal as The Exiled in Round XIX


  12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    If you are interested in finding a picture, I start with images.google.com. In your case you could search on something like "dwarf warhammer shield -pinterest" (pinterest.com isn't link friendly). Here's one as an example


    PeacefulOak will pick a handful (4-5 as per the original post) of applicants.
    Thats interesting, i get most of mine directly from pinterest, and have a board dedicated for it.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Maybe it's changed since I last tried? I'm pretty sure at least at some point using an image from pinterest on a mythweaver sheet didn't work. I don't have a pinterest account so that may give different results. I was just able to test out getting a pinterest image on a char sheet, but I was also getting harassed on the site to sign up when clicking on some pics. Not worth the hassle to me, plenty of other images out there.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    Maybe it's changed since I last tried? I'm pretty sure at least at some point using an image from pinterest on a mythweaver sheet didn't work. I don't have a pinterest account so that may give different results. I was just able to test out getting a pinterest image on a char sheet, but I was also getting harassed on the site to sign up when clicking on some pics. Not worth the hassle to me, plenty of other images out there.
    yeah, if you sign up, then you can just right click and open image on new tab, then grab the url. But you do need to sign up, else it's annoying.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    woodwalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    I'll finish up mine today, just have equipment and spells to do (i think)

    EDIT: So how do you want to handle any non-cleric spells for my archivist? She's spent years studying, should she start with some non-cleric stuff, or do you want her to find them from now on? Adding spells from other spellbooks is one of the main benefits of the archivist. Can I "buy" them at the start with my starting money? Like, just buy a spell scroll, then pay the money it would take to add it to my prayerbook (100gp)?
    Last edited by woodwalker; 2019-09-25 at 02:51 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Dimers's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    I've stalled on my character concept, so I'm going to drop out of the running.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    @PeacefulOak, just checking you're okay with the slight amendment/clarification I'm proposing to the Grod Stalwart Warlock?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Adventurer View Post
    Grod Warlock and Stalwart ACF, with my clarification added in blue
    • Upgrade his HD to a d8
    • Add Hide and Move Silently to their list of class skills
    • His number of invocations known equals his level (see Complete Mage for more choices). He learns one additional invocation at 6th, 11th, and 16th level, when he gains access to a new level of invocation)
    • Add your Charisma modifier to Eldritch Blast damage. At level 10, add twice your Charisma modifier, and at level 20, add three times your Charisma modifier.
    • Eldritch Blast deals 1d6/2 levels damage, as a rogue's sneak attack. You may full attack with Eldritch Blast.
    • Eldritch Essence invocations apply to all attacks in the full attack, but only once per target.
    • Blast Shape invocations are standard actions, and thus not compatible with full attacking. Eldritch Spear and Hideous Blow are exceptions to this rule.


    ACF: Stalwart Warlock
    • Upgrade his BAB to full
    • Proficiency with all martial weapons
    • Gain the Duskblade's Armored Mage ability, with all its upgrades: Armored Mage (Ex): Normally, armor of any type interferes with an arcane spellcaster's gestures, which can cause spells to fail if those spells have a somatic component. A duskblade's limited focus and specialized training, however, allows you to avoid arcane spell failure so long as you stick to light armor and light shields. This training does not extend to medium or heavy armors, nor to heavy shields. This ability does not apply to spells gained from a different spellcasting class. At 4th level, you learn to use medium armor with no chance of arcane spell failure. At 7th level, you learn to use a heavy shield with no chance of arcane spell failure.
    • Lose Eldritch Blast
    • Eldritch Essence invocations may be used with mundane attacks instead of your Eldritch Blast-- as a standard action, make a single attack (melee or ranged) at your highest BAB. If it hits, it deals damage as normal, and the foe is affected by the invocation. CORRECTION: Instead of a Standard action, spend a Swift action to add one Eldritch Essence to all of your attacks with one weapon for 1 round. If the Essence would change the damage type of an Eldritch Blast, then it also changes the damage type of your weapon (e.g. Hellfire Blast used with a longsword would mean your longsword attacks deal magical fire damage instead of physical slashing damage). Spell Resistance applies as normal, as the effect is a Spell-like Ability (and is ignored if the Essence says so, as with the case of Vitriolic Blast). If the Essence calls for a saving throw against an effect, then a creature makes a saving throw for each time it is struck by your attacks - but only suffers the effect of one failed save.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goaty14's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by woodwalker View Post
    EDIT: So how do you want to handle any non-cleric spells for my archivist? She's spent years studying, should she start with some non-cleric stuff, or do you want her to find them from now on? Adding spells from other spellbooks is one of the main benefits of the archivist. Can I "buy" them at the start with my starting money? Like, just buy a spell scroll, then pay the money it would take to add it to my prayerbook (100gp)?
    I was also considering asking how easy it'd be to add divine spells to my spell book both before and after character creation, if it helps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Going to see how well I am at making homebrew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

    "I hope that you don't get the impression that I would munchkin the rules if I was in a D&D world IRL... Even though I totally would" -Myself

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentinas View Post
    My build is complete for me ( i'm not good with pictures so generally i avoid these if needed i will try to found one) And the warnings for me is okay
    But among these player who will play? All of us?
    A picture is worth a thousand words, but if they're challenging to you then I won't hold it against you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    PeacefulOak will pick a handful (4-5 as per the original post) of applicants.
    This, and thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by woodwalker View Post
    I'll finish up mine today, just have equipment and spells to do (i think)

    EDIT: So how do you want to handle any non-cleric spells for my archivist? She's spent years studying, should she start with some non-cleric stuff, or do you want her to find them from now on? Adding spells from other spellbooks is one of the main benefits of the archivist. Can I "buy" them at the start with my starting money? Like, just buy a spell scroll, then pay the money it would take to add it to my prayerbook (100gp)?
    If you pay for the scrolls and the scribing, I'm down with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    I've stalled on my character concept, so I'm going to drop out of the running.
    Sorry to hear that, best wishes in your other endeavors!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Adventurer View Post
    @PeacefulOak, just checking you're okay with the slight amendment/clarification I'm proposing to the Grod Stalwart Warlock?
    Hmm... doesn't seem broken. I'll say the swift action charges a single weapon for that round's attacks (not including future opportunity attacks or the like).

    Quote Originally Posted by Goaty14 View Post
    I was also considering asking how easy it'd be to add divine spells to my spell book both before and after character creation, if it helps
    Same as woodwalker, if the answer applies?

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulOak View Post
    Hmm... doesn't seem broken. I'll say the swift action charges a single weapon for that round's attacks (not including future opportunity attacks or the like).
    Thanks. I was looking to balance against the standard Grod Warlock, who can make full attacks with Eldritch Blast (including Hideous Blow); without a provision along the lines I've suggested, the Stalwart Warlock Essence use us strictly weaker - why bother making weapon attacks when you could be making touch attacks? Even taking the increased BAB into account, it looked like a poor trade on those terms.

    If selected for that character, I'll work up more detail. I have most of it in my head so if you have specific questions about build intention let me know.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    I've added some kind of backstory to the sheet... i have to admit, it isn't my best story ever

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    woodwalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    oohhh kay, I believe Keen is done.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goaty14's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulOak View Post
    Same as woodwalker, if the answer applies?
    It applies, yeah, but I don't think I'll be changing my submission. (Though it'll probably affect how is use my resources IC)
    Last edited by Goaty14; 2019-09-28 at 12:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Going to see how well I am at making homebrew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

    "I hope that you don't get the impression that I would munchkin the rules if I was in a D&D world IRL... Even though I totally would" -Myself

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Any room left?

    Posting interest

    I'd also like to request the use of the Trissociate class

    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Class-(PEACH)

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Still interested in this!

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    woodwalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    soooo...is this dead?

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Nope, work got CRAZY BUSY!

    I'm still around, I'll compile finished sheets and make selections soon. As early as monday or tuesday next week.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    woodwalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Sounds good! Just making sure.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Massa, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Okay i will wait for the selection then :)
    Spoiler: Medals
    Show
    Spoiler: Iron Chef Optimization Challenge: E6 Appetizer Edition
    Show
    Silver medal as Xin in Round XVII
    Gold Medal as Smit in Round XVIII
    Silver Medal as Hit Me In Round XIX
    Gold Medal as The Exiled in Round XIX


  30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Default Re: 3.5 Campaign - Agents of the Emporium

    Work still crazy busy, Oak?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •