New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: [IC] In the City of Seven Seraphs...

Unaware of the intrusion but catching on quickly, the armor-plated kobold twists its horns up to catch your claws, and hurls its shield into your face to hide its scimitar and give it a chance to catch up to its attacker. Unfortunately, what actually happens is that your claws rip out one of its horns, and you thrash the monster wildly before tossing it behind you. However, the moment your claws come loose, you see its wound closing over and a tiny protrusion coming out once again -- it's regenerating!
    (OoC: Hit! Blacky is slid and knocked prone!)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

"There's the screaming," Kiresh says with a grin. He launches into the room, sparks and turbulent air behind him.

Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    I'll charge Blackie, getting into flanking position -- thanks, Briespen! -- at H7, with howling strike at-will in place of the MBA. (d20+20)[22] to hit including CA, (d8+14)[18] plus (d6)[1] lightning damage and slide Blackie to I8 so that someone else can get a flank too

EDIT: I'm just gonna go ahead and assume a 22 misses.
    Last edited by Dimers; 2019-10-16 at 11:21 PM.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

3. - Top - End - #33

Chimera

Kiresh rushes into the room, but the strange palor of the room throws off his depth perception; the distance of his stride doesn't match up, and his swing is out of reach until he lurches forward wildly. The strike connects, but it has no weight behind it and clangs off the black kobold's armor.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Since Briespen and Kiresh both charged, but Kiresh's attack missed, currently Briespen is maintaining aggro.
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-10-17 at 07:09 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Corona Sugarfloss, Fancy Swordmage

"Well, this won't do at all,"
    Corona says crossly. She flits her way forward and advances on the kobold mutants. "We should insist on maintaining a lower volume when working indoors." She conjures some arcane magic with a wave of her scepter and some arcane mutterings, directing it at the two kobolds.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Moving to current position, H7. As a teeny target, gain partial cover (+2 defenses).

Marking both with Aegis of Assault (marking penalty is -3). Black and Whitey are marked!

Centering a Stone Blood on the two kobolds.
    (1d20+17)[30] versus fort, slowed on hit, versus greeny.
    (1d6+11)[16]

(1d20+17)[37] versus fort, slowed on hit. versus whitey.
    (1d6+11)[12]

Stone Blood
    AtWill♦Arcane,Implement,Transmutation
    StandardAction Areaburst1within10squares
    TARGET:Each creature in burst

ATTACK:(Intelligence)vs.Fortitude
    HIT: 1d6+(Intelligence modifier)damage,and the target is slowed until the end of your next turn
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2019-10-18 at 11:51 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

As the combat starts, the catman shifts through the battlefield like shadow that casts darkness upon darkness itself, thrusting a key into the back of the black kobold.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Using Encounter Power - Blade from the Mist
    Shifting to J6 with Phasing
    Activate's Shadow Walk, Maintaining concealment.

I think I'm getting all the stuff for 4e here. Its been years since I've played.

(1d20+16)[26] vs AC
    Belt of the Brawler makes the key deal damage as if it was a club
    Ki Focus of Raining Blows gives +3 to hit (I think this was a misspelled Rain of Hammers key focus.)
    Ki Focus Expertise gives +2 to hit
    Dex +4 to hit
    Half level +5 to hit.
    Cruel Shroud gives me advantage for another +2 to hit

Club does 1d6 damage
    Invoking Shrouds - Leathal Shroud increases the damage from 1d6 to 1d8+5 per shoud.

(2d6+9)[11] - Club Damage+Dex+Cha. Don't know if the +3 from the ki focus is added once or twice.

(1d8+5)[7] Shroud if I hit
    (3d8+15)[22] Shrouds if I hit/miss

Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

6. - Top - End - #36

BlueWizardGirl

Looking over the situation, Jin inserts herself into the fray last, charging her sword with arcane energy.

"Good intro to working together as any," Jin speaks quietly. She prepares to strike the enemy...

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Move: To H8

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Just Helping; 2019-10-19 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Whoops

7. - Top - End - #37

Chimera

Show

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    Using Encounter Power - Blade from the Mist
    Shifting to J6 with Phasing
    Activate's Shadow Walk, Maintaining concealment.
    I think I'm getting all the stuff for 4e here. Its been years since I've played.
    (1d20+21)[41] vs AC
    Belt of the Brawler makes the key deal damage as if it was a club
    Ki Focus of Raining Blows gives +3 to hit (I think this was a misspelled Rain of Hammers key focus.)
    Ki Focus Expertise gives +2 to hit
    Dex +4 to hit
    Half level +5 to hit.
    Cruel Shroud gives me advantage for another +2 to hit
    Club does 1d6 damage
    Invoking Shrouds - Leathal Shroud increases the damage from 1d6 to 1d8+5 per shoud.
    (1d20+21)[41] - Club Damage+Dex+Cha. Don't know if the +3 from the ki focus is added once or twice.
    (1d20+16)[17] Shroud if I hit
    (1d20+21)[36] Shrouds if I hit/miss
    That is, unfortunately, a miss, but it deals 22 damage and brings Blacky down a peg.

Shocked out of its torpor, the four-legged abomination reacts by launching itself around the corner and opening its mouth -- out of which a cloud of noxious gas blasts forth like a geyser and then hangs in the air.
    Show

(1d20+21)[41] vs. Kiresh
    (1d20+21)[41] vs. Corona
    (1d20+16)[17] vs. Blacky
    (1d20+21)[36] vs. Briespen
    (1d20+21)[29] vs. Chereth
    (1d20+21)[36] vs. Jin
    against Fortitude for (3d6+12)[30] poison damage, and regardless of hit or miss each target takes ongoing 10 poison damage (save ends).
    This close blast 5 becomes a zone that lasts until the end of the encounter. When a creature in the zone takes fire damage, the zone is destroyed and all creatures in the zone (including the one that first took the fire damage) take 10 fire damage.

Corona, you're up!
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-10-28 at 04:45 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

"How uncouth,"
    Corona tuts. Corona responds with a faster than light strike from her rapier! Teleport behind the black scaled mutant, she lashes out at him with steel and magic! She then conjures a maze of mirrors around the other two dragons!

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Reaction, trigger the Aegis of Assault.
    Teleport, and MBA.
    (1d20+18)[22] Versus Reflex.
    (1d8+13)[19] Damage

Move to Brispen's Square.

Action
    (1d20+17)[37] Versus Will, Whitey
    (1d20+17)[29] Versus Will, Greeny
    Hit: The target is immobilized and takes a -4 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your
    next turn.
    Miss: The target is slowed until the end of your next turn.

Last edited by Snowbluff; 2019-10-28 at 10:05 PM. Reason: defense targeted
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

9. - Top - End - #39

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler: Jin
    Show
    Jin Status:
    HP: 51/81
    Effects: Ongoing Poison Damage 10 (save ends)

As the poison gas washes over Jin, she smirks. With a flick of her wrist, her sword flies under the cloud and strikes out at the attacking abomination!

Spoiler: Vengeance Is Mine
    Show

Trigger: Green has hit Jin
    Effect: Jin may make a basic attack against Green, and Corona may move up to her speed and make a melee basic attack against Green.

Spoiler: Jin's basic attack
    Show

Type: Ranged
    Attack: (d20+19)[31]
    Damage: (d8+11)[17]
    Crit Damage, If Needed: (3d6)[14]

Regardless of if her blade strikes true, the attack leaves Green open for Corona. "All yours, Corona!"
    Last edited by Just Helping; 2019-12-14 at 12:54 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40

Chimera

The blade flings past the monster's arms, ripping the edge of its scaly crest and scoring a rivulet of blood. It seems not to bother it too much; in fact, it seems to enjoy the obvious harm you've caused it.
    Show

31 is a hit, and 17 is some solid damage. Good work!
    I'll go ahead and reveal this now: The two in armor are elite soldiers and the abominable scaley is a standard brute.

As Jin's shouting carries through the room, you all begin to hear scraping and scuttling noises coming from the tunnels...
    Show

You got (2d2)[2] rounds before this fight gets harder.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

(Accepting MBA)

"J'irai!"
    Corona attacks with her tiny rapier, lunging at the green monster in the maze.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show

(1d20+18)[34] Versus Reflex, Greeny.
    (1d8+13)[20]

Note black is Marked, and green and white are probably immobilized and are taking -4 to attacks.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2019-10-30 at 06:26 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Chimera

Taking the hit squarely in its chest, the mutant thrashes its tail and flails out with its arm as if trying to push away your sword.
    The black scaled kobold stands up and waves its hand with a grin and the hiss of a whisper, tossing a gout of burning, liquified rock in an arc around itself.

Show

Move to get up, standard to attack opponents in a Close Burst 3 against Reflex...
    Kiresh: (1d20+18)[30]
    Jin: (1d20+18)[27]
    Briespen: (1d20+18)[34]
    Corona: (1d20+18)[37]
    Chereth (if he is still here and near Blacky?): (1d20+18)[37]
    for (4d8+8)[24] fire damage on a hit, or half damage on a miss. Unless someone can prevent the fire damage somehow, the cloud will most likely explode for 10 more damage (as described in the effect that I posted before).
    This was its encounter power, and I think it almost bloodied just about the whole party. Good thing the white one doesn't have an encounter power, and none of these encounter powers recharges when the enemy gets bloodied. Oh wait...
    >> Why can't I ever roll this well as a player??? Though, after you kill these the reinforcements are chumps. Dangerous as support, though.

Chereth and Kiresh, you're up! Whitey is going to delay on his turn, so don't wait up.
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-11-01 at 03:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

At the first sign of danger, the catfolk takes decidedly defensive measures, and bamfs on out of there. Gritting his teeth he focuses on blacky again, using the shadows to try and attack the beast once more.

Show

Took 10 points of poison damage

Reaction - Slayers's Escape to F9
    Slayer’s Escape Assassin Utility 6
    After you are struck, you fold shadows around yourself and
    disappear.
    Encounter ✦ Shadow, Teleportation
    Immediate Reaction Personal
    Trigger: You are hit by an attack
    Effect: You teleport 5 squares, and you become invisible until
    the start of your next turn.

Free action to apply a shroud

Executioner’s Noose Assassin Attack 1
    You gather shadows into the form of a noose, cast it around
    your foe’s neck, and pull.
    At-Will ✦ Force, Implement, Shadow
    Standard Action R anged 5
    Target: One creature
    Attack: Dexterity vs. Fortitude
    Hit: 1d6 + Dexterity modifier force damage, and you pull the
    target 2 squares. The target is slowed until the end of your
    next turn.
    Level 21: 2d6 + Dexterity modifier force damage.

(1d20+16)[36] vs Fort
    (1d6+7)[10] Force damage.

having successfully attacked the beast, pulling it away, the catfolk Bamfs out again this time appearing behind Corona
    Last edited by Triskavanski; 2019-11-03 at 12:49 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Kiresh seems to enter a battle-fury, screaming out a soundless wave of palpable electric energy that makes the air seem to bend. He smashes the black abomination with his staff and races across the room to do the same to the green one. A wine-red lightning bolt briefly leaps between the genasi and his first target, singeing both -- but the kobold gets the worse end of that deal.

Current games list

15. - Top - End - #45

Chimera

The scimitar-wielding mutant's chestplate crumples inward, and it releases a sputtering roar. The sounds coming from the pit of its throat are interrupted by streaks of blue-white lightning that arc between the nostrils on its snout.
    The tauric abomination, still (in part) recoiling from the last strike and recovering from the use of its breath weapon, is caught off-guard again and gets its tail crushed and disjointed as a result.
    The whitescales tries to shake off the confusing effects of the mirrors, and snakes its claws into what appears to be a vicelike grip on empty air.
    Show

He uses a minor action to attempt a saving throw: (1d20+2)[22]
    And, he uses Diabolic Grasp on Corona, provoking an opportunity attack from Kiresh: (1d20+19)[31] vs Reflex (-4 if the saving throw didn't succeed), (2d8+12)[21] damage and slide Corona to K10 on a hit.
    If he succeeded on his save, he'll shift to L9.

16. - Top - End - #46

BlueWizardGirl

Jin

Jin takes a step back from the black-hued foe, quickly throwing her sword at the enemy as she retreats. Unfortunately, she flinches from the poison and her throw goes wide, her sword harmlessly flying around before returning to her grasp. Nodding to herself, Jin sends a blast of healing energy to Kiresh.

Show
    Jin's actions:
    HP:51/81 -> 41/81
    Save: (d20)[2]

Move: Shift H8 -> I9
    Standard: Greater Magic Weapon
    -- Attack: (d20+20)[21]
    -- Damage: (1d8+11)[15]
    -- Crit Dmg: (3d6)[12]

Minor: Curative Admixture for Kiresh -- Kiresh regains hit points equal to Kiresh's healing surge + 5

If Magic Weapon hits, Corona gets +1 to hit and +4 to damage until the end of their next turn.
    Last edited by Just Helping; 2019-11-18 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Editing for Obvious Results

17. - Top - End - #47

Chimera

The greenscales swings at Corona with its fullblade!
    Show

(1d20+16)[27] vs Reflex, for (2d12+14)[23], half damage on a miss.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Corona Sugarfloss is bloodied by the blow! She retaliates by striking with a brilliantly glowing blade against the green monster.

Spoiler: Counterattack!
    Show

[roll]1d20+18[roll]
    20 Versus AC
    (1d8+17)[20] damage
    Secondary
    (1d20+18)[25] versus Will
    [roll]1d8+[/roll] and dazed until the end of my next turn.

If she dazes it, she will hide in Keresh's square for cover w/ Teeny Target.

Four Corners Attack
    Encounter 11✦ Arcane, Weapon
    Standard Action Melee weapon
    Primary Target: One creature
    Attack: Intelligence vs. AC
    Hit: 1[W] + Intelligence modifier + Wisdom modifier damage. Make a secondary attack against the target.
    Secondary Attack: Intelligence vs. Fortitude, Intelligence vs. Reflex, or Intelligence vs. Will
    Hit (Fortitude): If the attack hits the target’s Fortitude de- fense, the target takes 1[W] damage and is knocked prone. Hit (Reflex): If the attack hits the target’s Reflex defense, the target takes 1[W] damage and is slowed until the end of your next turn.
    Hit (Will): If the attack hits the target’s Will defense, the target takes 1[W] damage and is dazed until the end of your next turn.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2019-11-16 at 01:13 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

BlueWizardGirl

Jin

Jin once again intercedes on an enemy's attack, charging her sword with lightning before throwing it at the green-scaled foe!

Spoiler: Shocking Feedback
    Show

To-Hit: (d20+19)[26]
    Dmg: (2d8+11)[25]
    Crit Dmg: (3d6)[6]

On a hit, Corona will gain resist 5 all until the end of my next turn, including against the triggering attack.
    Last edited by Just Helping; 2019-11-18 at 08:26 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50

Chimera

Shifting its weight to the side, the abomination barely avoids Jin's blade with a cunning twist of its upper body.

The horned blackscales hurls itself towards Briespen, swinging its shield but keeping its sword aimed straight forward.

Show

(1d20+19)[35] versus AC on Briespen, provoking from Jin but with a +2 AC versus the OA for having the Defensive Mobility trait. Damage on a hit: (2d6+12)[17].

Chereth, you're up!

21. - Top - End - #51

BlueWizardGirl

Jin catches her blade, immediately lashing out at the enemy running past her.

Spoiler: Opportunity Attack
    Show

Hit: (d20+19)[25]
    Dmg: (d8+11)[15]
    Crit (on a 20): (3d6)[8]

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

With another puff of darkness smoke, the assassin slipped around back behind Bri, putting another shroud on blackie before unleashing a number of darts at the beast.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Shadow Darts Assassin Attack 1
    You launch a volley of chilling darts of shadow energy at your
    foe.d
    Encounter ✦ Cold, Implement, Shadow
    Standard Action R anged 5
    Target: One creature
    Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflex. Make three attack rolls. If any of
    them hit, resolve them as a single hit, and all of them must
    miss for the attack to miss.
    Hit: 1d8 cold damage if one of the attack rolls hits, 2d8 cold
    damage if two hit, or 3d8 cold damage if three hit.

darts at blackie, invoking shrouds..

(1d20+16)[34] Dart 1 (1d8)[8]
    (1d20+16)[17] Dart 2 (1d8)[6]
    (1d20+16)[20] Dart 3 (1d8)[3]
    +3 damage for Ki Focus

(1d6)[6] Shroud
    (3d6)[12] shroud damage/focus./

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Corona's Trap Card!!!!

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    (Blacky had triggered Corona's mark, -3 mark penalty)

(1d20+18)[33] versus refl
    (1d8+11)[19] damage

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Continuing his flurry of violent movement, Kiresh briefly transforms into a wind-whipped wave of caustic acid, splashing over the white aberration before retracting. Nearly unnoticed in the mad fray, a piece of the wave solidifies separately from the genasi, a small wedge of material floating in the air, dark green but rapidly moving toward red-black.

Kiresh brings down his staff hard in a two-handed smash deliberately between the two nearer foes. The air seems to groan and warp for just a moment before a flash of lightning connects the kobolds.

Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    Minor action: put familiar in active mode in my space. It doesn't do anything yet, just setting up a later benefit.

Move action: flowing evasion targeting myself. I'll shift into Whitey's space and then back out to K10, dealing 5 acid damage to Whitey from my pitted flowstone. The shift improves my AC and Reflex for another turn. When I take a move action, IIRC my familiar can as well, which it'd use to shift from my original space in K11 to J12.

Standard action: vault the fallen, targeting Whitey and Greeny. No OA due to Staff Expertise. EDIT: And by "vault the fallen" I mean "arc lightning", which is the power I actually rolled for.
    Whitey: (d20+17)[34] vs Reflex, with a hit dealing (d6+15)[19] lightning, choosing not to slide
    Greeny: (d20+17)[18] vs Reflex, with a hit dealing (d6+15)[19] lightning, slide to L9 on a hit

Spoiler: immediate reaction power
    Show
    A little trap card of my own -- if an adjacent enemy attacks me and I'm still standing, hit or miss, I'll use curtain of steel ("curtain of wood", I guess, it's a staff):

Spoiler: couple rolls for that
    Show
    (d20+18)[26] vs AC, (3d8+14)[21] lightning damage and slide1 if there seems to be a worse place for them to stand. A crit will trigger rampage since this is a barbarian power.

Last edited by Dimers; 2019-12-03 at 05:52 PM.

Current games list

25. - Top - End - #55

BlueWizardGirl

Jin

Jin wordlessly shifts to the right, completing the flank with Corona. Her longsword charges with a light arcane aura as she strikes out at the flanked foe.

Show

Move: Shift to J9
    Standard: Magic Weapon
    To-Hit with flank: (d20+22)[42]
    Damage: (d8+11)[19]
    Crit Dmg: (3d6)[7]
    Rider On Hit: Kiresh gets +1 to attack and +4 to damage until end of next turn

Her blade strikes true, cutting into the beast's flesh as Kiresh receives an arcane buff.
    Last edited by Just Helping; 2019-12-21 at 11:22 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Corona Sugarfloss

Corona salutes Jin with her rapier, then follows up with an attack!

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+20)[22] Vs. AC
    (1d8+13)[15] dmg
    (1d20+20)[21] Vs. Reflex or be dazed.

Encounter 11✦ Arcane, Weapon
    Standard Action Melee weapon
    Primary Target: One creature
    Attack: Intelligence vs. AC
    Hit: 1[W] + Intelligence modifier + Wisdom modifier dam-
    age. Make a secondary attack against the target. Secondary Attack: Intelligence vs. Fortitude, Intelligence vs. Reflex, or Intelligence vs. Will
    Hit (Fortitude): If the attack hits the target’s Fortitude de- fense, the target takes 1[W] damage and is knocked prone. Hit (Reflex): If the attack hits the target’s Reflex defense, the target takes 1[W] damage and is slowed until the end of your next turn.
    Hit (Will): If the attack hits the target’s Will defense, the target takes 1[W] damage and is dazed until the end of your next turn.