The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [D&D 3.5] [Gestalt] [Seeking Players] Another Bloody Isekai - Dungeon Edition

I saw others build for lvl6. Personally I'm a big fan of lvl6 as well, since the first level of PrC tends to get online, so you can see where a character is headed.
    Last edited by Joltzz; 2019-09-21 at 06:58 AM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [D&D 3.5] [Gestalt] [Seeking Players] Another Bloody Isekai - Dungeon Edition

Posting interest! I really like high powered stuff. I already have a character in mind.

Is there a list of homebrew/third party that have already been approved?

If I want to use the Early Prestige option to be a Swiftblade from level 1 with Sorcerer casting, what tier would that count as?

Edit: suppose I should ask before I put too much thought into this: how do you feel about characters who get a bunch of extra actions? The character I have in mind is a sort of speedster gish, so his actions would be spent whacking people with swords for the most part.

Also considering making some kind of inhuman psionic/ druid guy, if too many actions is an issue
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-09-15 at 03:40 PM.
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Before I finish updating from 5th to 6th, how do you feel about taking PF's Soulknife and Elocater, over their less capable 3.5 counterparts?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'll admit to being a little confused over starting level, because it seems like it was 5th and then it's suddenly 6th?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morbis Meh View Post
    Right now there are 2 Jim Butcher fans XD My character is coming from a darker place, my wife was pretty sad when I told her what I did to the poor character.
    You really butchered it, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessGnome View Post
    It might be easier to use a Pathfinder sheet. Mostly what I like about the Pathfinder skill system is how it handles max ranks and in class skills differently. It's just cleaner.
    So, max skill rank equals Level instead of Level+3? Does that change skill prereqs for (e.g.) prestige class entry, and does it change Concentration check DCs?

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    I'll admit to being a little confused over starting level, because it seems like it was 5th and then it's suddenly 6th?
    On the third page, FG said "It's looking like we'll be starting at level 5ish, so if others agree we can do 6." Then a couple people chimed in and said they're fine with 6. FG later responded "Looks like we are going with level 6."

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

I'm using Early Prestige to start with the geomancer class, advancing sorcerer casting. My other side is paladin, partly because of Charisma synergy, but also significantly because of Battle Blessing feat. With geomancer, that should let me use most sorcerer spells as swift actions. Because I'm not picking top-notch spells -- mostly blasting in a fey/nature/holy theme -- I've been assuming that's still a Tier 2 combo. Sound right?

Spoiler: spell list
    Show
    color spray
    dawn burst
    lesser acid orb
    negative energy ray, or maybe obscuring mist depending on items

combust
    gnome blight

dispel magic
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Currently plotting something, but not sure what the stance on oslecamo's improved monster classes are.

Anyway, my requests to throw into the ring.

I shall troll and then war troll you.
    He might end up shouting a lot
    And he'll supplement physical power with magic, naturally (Natural Magician class from here
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hmm, now I have even more money and limited stuff to spend it on (I'm trying to make my character totally nonmagical, including equipment, because they're from teh reel wurld). Anyone have ideas for more mundane items to get?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm, now I have even more money and limited stuff to spend it on (I'm trying to make my character totally nonmagical, including equipment, because they're from teh reel wurld). Anyone have ideas for more mundane items to get?
    Mmmm, a really good gun? I dunno, I'd go with "my real-world equipment got magic-ified when I was yanked here" just to save the brainpower. EDIT: Loved that intro, by the way.
    Last edited by Dimers; 2019-09-15 at 02:10 PM.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Could just buy a bunch of Tools of Legend from War of the Lance, if they're allowed, but they really shouldn't be (250 gp for a +10 to any one skill? Yikes).

Guess it can't hurt to ask: Tools of Legend y/n? I have no qualms with you saying no.

10. - Top - End - #130

EvilClericGuy

So are we starting level 5 or 6? Once I know I should have a sheet ready.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started at a dinner party in the BBEG's estate.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am honestly curious. While I love the Erudite I was peaking into perhaps a more thematic class for a petal that I have never played. And I came across Shaman in PF.

What would you want me to choose. A character who can select up to 8 different Wiz/Sorcerer spells to prepare a day. Or an Erudite that will end up with a lot more powers per day than a normal caster.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Giegue View Post
    So are we starting level 5 or 6? Once I know I should have a sheet ready.
    I think we're at 6 now.

13. - Top - End - #133

Chimera

Really considering a human swordsage//totemist going into telflammar shadowlord (and maybe avenger) with vampire bloodline levels. I want to try making Alucard from Castlevania. Would that be acceptable?

14. - Top - End - #134

OldWizardGuy

And I do have a second idea that in many ways is much... simpler.

Planned build is Evolutionist 20//Dreg Knight 20. What would he end up as? He is the march of entropy, the lord of rot and decay. He is that which cannot be stopped, for he just keeps coming, never stopping, never resting and never relenting. After all, in the end everything rots and dies. Mortals. Immortals. Gods. Concepts. Everything rots. Everything dies.

All the while, the living avatar of primordial decay will be trudging along after his friends, trying to catch a pretty butterfly....
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

15. - Top - End - #135

Special announcement, everyone: The avalanche of Pathfinder requests is killing me, and while I don't want to ban them, I am going to offer a shiny free Special Power point to everyone who uses zero homebrew or Pathfinder classes, ACFs, archetypes, races or templates. A few feats are ok, as are quick and easy class fixes that are not complete overhauls, such as the Hexblade fix or the Shadowcaster fix.

Yeah. Suck on that. I'm not even punishing creativity, I'm trying to buy rewarding moderation. That makes it different. It's ethical now.

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    My two requests are to continue advancing Master of Nine over LVL 5 with a similar progression of maneuvers known and readied. I can burn the Untouchable boon if needed for that.

And the other request is to advance the Karsite's DR/magic as we move along since we are using the /+1,+2,+3.

It is not very OP, but I'm obsessed with a Karsite
    You'd have to burn the Special Power/boon to keep advancing Master of Nine, but sure, you can have that.

Advancing DR makes sense. DR/Magic defaults to +1 plus 1 per four levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    Primeval Mage, which would follow up with more invocation requests.
    Eldritch Focus from Eldritch Fragments and [Obtained by Freelancer]
    Warlock Class Changes by Grod [From Freelancer Again]
    Troacctid's Warlock Homebrew [Some class features for Freelancer, some for invocations]

Path of War (PF's Tome of Battle), specifically Hidden Blade to go with PF's already approved Rogue. I would prefer other parts if possible, but I'm not sure if it's received blanket approval.

For Rogue I'm also requesting Vicious Opportunist, Defenses Aplenty and Coldhearted Precision. I'd like to request the 4th level ability of Vicious Opportunist be dropped, because:
    A) It's a potent focus down ability.
    B) It's not compatible with Hidden Blade.

Finally, I'd like to request Yabusame. Specifically for it's single shot abilities for combining with sniping/A Channel weapon.
    Grod's Warlock is approved. For the rest, everything on its own looks reasonable, but there is so very much of it that I'm going to have to say you can have it for a Special Power point. Even then, using the Freelancer to patch different Warlock versions together makes me worry you are building a tier two blowtorch of the gods that can burn through anything. Please go for breadth of warlock abilities and not depth through too much stacking.

Also, I'm just going to blanket approve Path of War at this point, because everyone and their grandma seems to want to use little bits of it for this 3.5 campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by ErebusVonMori View Post
    Would you consider waiving the rule that monk and ninja don't get the stacking AC bonuses as they're both tier 5 classes and the fact WotC gave them published antisynergy is tragic.
    Well it sounds reasonable but it would involve giving nice things to monks...

Yeah, you can have both. Just no stacking any single ability score to AC/other stuff twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Okay, I have a concept...let's make a T1000! so here is the laundry list:

Race: Android
    Template: Commando Construct While the label on the box says CR+1, I am under no delusion that this is not much more valuable.
    Class 1: Brawler
    Class 2: Grod's Roguetotum Believe this was already approved, but putting it in for completeness.
    Class 3: Grod's Shaper If selected, I would like to discuss subbing out some of the spells for more thematically appropriate ones, but if not, will take as is.

Proposed Tier: Brawler is probably T4 or T5, everything else is in the T3 level.
    Proposed Specials (4 picks): Tristalt, Metamorphisis (to offset Commando Construct), Regeneration.

Proposed Build:
    Commando Construct Android
    Brawler5//G.Rogue5//G.Shaper5

Sheet (WIP): K8-T
    Android allowed at LA+1, Commando Construct allowed at LA+3. Brawler allowed. Rogue allowed. Shaper allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    What's your thoughts on the greater draconic rite of passage (starting with 3rd level spells as a sorcerer sounds fun) and dragonwrought (not planning to start old, that would ruin the point of a long lifespan).
    Oh and would you be open to treating necropolitan as LA +1 rather than the lose a level-but-gain-no-LA thing?
    Not planning to combine the two, but whatever happens I want to show those elves what a truly long lifespan is (unless of course my character dies horribly long before age is an issue,which is admittedly likely)
    Greater Draconic Rite of Passage seems fine, it just puts you on par with wizards for new spell levels.

Necropolitan is just flat out +0, no exp loss. Naturally though some people are biased against undead. Especially the ones who had to flee from a local undead apocalypse after a dungeon opened up in a hard to find basement in their hometown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbis Meh View Post
    Here is the hexblade fix that was recommended by the creator.
    Approved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taelas View Post
    My current idea is a paragon solid foundations instant recovery size change (x2) juggernaut (x3) goblin fighter, a native of the world who was supposed to be their champion and a counterpoint to the isekais... but with the boost, he got way smarter and wiser and figured being evil was kinda passé, and besides, who wants to fight a bunch of nigh-immortal superbeings for a bunch of ungrateful evil bastards? So he skedaddled and became an adventurer instead.
    ...Ok then. I love it. Man, dungeon goblins are going to feel so betrayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    1) Does it applies to warp magic mystery gets -4 penalty when counter-spelling spells?
    2) Once a class skill, always a class skill?
    3) Can I take occultist archetypes, feats from here, binder secrets as feats?
    4) Just to be on the same page. You said cantrips are unlimited. Does that mean that shadowcaster's fundamentals are unlimited?
    5) Requesting warlock fix.
    1: We'll say that Warp Magic is an exception to the -4 penalty thing. The whole point of it is to counterspell things, so it doesn't make sense it gets a penalty to counterspell with.
    2: Yes.
    3: Yes.
    4: Yes.
    5: Please no more warlock variants. Not your fault, just... We have four or so already.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    In regards to Evolutionist, can this be taken to gain free (not interacting with Evo cap) SLAs, and possible extra uses of SLAs?

Additionally, requesting PF templates Advanced, Crystal Creature, and Young.

EDIT: Also are we using 3.5 point-buy or PF point-buy?
    I'm gonna say no on Spell Genius for for Evolutionist.
    Advanced template is allowed at +2LA. It can only be taken once.
    Crystal Creature is allowed at +1LA.
    Young is nixed. You can purchase the Change Size special power.
    3.5 point buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joltzz View Post
    I saw others build for lvl6. Personally I'm a big fan of lvl6 as well, since the first level of PrC tends to get online, so you can see where a character is headed.

Also requesting this 3rd party feat, Muscle Reaction.
    We are starting at level 6, will edit the OP.
    Muscle Reaction is too strong for a normal feat, but I'll allow it as a regional feat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    Is there a list of homebrew/third party that have already been approved?

If I want to use the Early Prestige option to be a Swiftblade from level 1 with Sorcerer casting, what tier would that count as?

Edit: suppose I should ask before I put too much thought into this: how do you feel about characters who get a bunch of extra actions? The character I have in mind is a sort of speedster gish, so his actions would be spent whacking people with swords for the most part.
    No list has been compiled. I'll put the most important ones in the OP at some point, but for now there is no list.
    Sorcerer base = Tier 2. If anything Swiftblade is a step down with all the lost spellcaster levels. We'll keep it tier 2, but only the first level loses spellcasting.
    No breaking the action economy, please. We'll be posting here on the forum, and people getting extra actions in the middle of other people's turns, who may then react by using immediate actions of their own... Let's not. It's different if, later on in the game, you're out doing solo spying or whatever, but with a group it just makes everything incredibly slow. Immediate actions remain in play, but as I stated in the OP, the Celerity line of spells is banned, as are similar effects. If someone finds a way to get an extra move action or add an extra strike or two to their full attack on their own turn, that's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryton View Post
    Before I finish updating from 5th to 6th, how do you feel about taking PF's Soulknife and Elocater, over their less capable 3.5 counterparts?
    Sure, both are fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    So, max skill rank equals Level instead of Level+3? Does that change skill prereqs for (e.g.) prestige class entry, and does it change Concentration check DCs?
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    I'm using Early Prestige to start with the geomancer class, advancing sorcerer casting. My other side is paladin, partly because of Charisma synergy, but also significantly because of Battle Blessing feat. With geomancer, that should let me use most sorcerer spells as swift actions. Because I'm not picking top-notch spells -- mostly blasting in a fey/nature/holy theme -- I've been assuming that's still a Tier 2 combo. Sound right?
    Max rank = character level. Naturally, all skill prereqs go down by 3 as well. Concentration DCs are unaffected, since Pathfinder gives that +3 bonus for in class skills.
    Yeah, still tier 2. A sorcerer does not easily move into tier 1, although I'm sure it could be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmatt View Post
    Troll and War Troll look ok, but remember you can't grow too large to effectively fight in dungeons, or the world will not be kind to you. Dungeons regenerate, too, so while you can squeeze, you can't enlarge rooms (for long).
    No on the shouting. My brain is mush after analyzing so much of this terrorism today, and this is new and frightening. I'll try and give it another look tomorrow.
    The Natural Magician class itself looks fine, but I'd have to read up on all the charms. Again, I will try to do that tomorrow.
    Could just buy a bunch of Tools of Legend from War of the Lance, if they're allowed, but they really shouldn't be (250 gp for a +10 to any one skill? Yikes).

Guess it can't hurt to ask: Tools of Legend y/n? I have no qualms with you saying no.
    That sounds a little excessive. Let's pass.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-09-15 at 05:39 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

3.5 gives you a total of 3 special powers huh.. hm *goes to the plotting board*

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Special announcement, everyone: The avalanche of Pathfinder requests is killing me, and while I don't want to ban them, I am going to offer a shiny free Special Power point to everyone who uses zero homebrew or Pathfinder classes, ACFs, archetypes, races or templates. A few feats are ok, as are quick and easy class fixes that are not complete overhauls, such as the Hexblade fix or the Shadowcaster fix.

Yeah. Suck on that. I'm not even punishing creativity, I'm trying to buy rewarding moderation. That makes it different. It's ethical now.
    I mean, I'd be totally fine just building a pure 3.5 character with no PF or homebrew besides the special powers. But with only 3.5 stuff auto-approved...

D&D 3.5. PF and homebrew available on request. I'm much more inclined to go with a fun 3.5/PF hybrid build with a homebrew feat than a doesn't-look-fun-to-party-with pure 3.5 one.
    ...this kinda means every prospective player is gonna be making requests.

Speaking of which, I wanna make sure that the limitation is "no homebrew/PF material that isn't easy class fixes or feats", and that existing 3.5 ACFs are still on the table.
    (WW/Mafia) Mansion Murder Mystery is recruiting!

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

18. - Top - End - #138

All of his actions would be on his turn(aside from the normal immediate reaction). However, I'm beginning to like the idea of making a mini-eldritch horror. But, like, a good one.

I kind of like the idea that it just showed up and started following the party around and helping out. And only sort of does that trope of communicating vague feelings instead of words.

"Yeah, the weird jellyfish thing just kinda showed up one day, but it's chill, so we let it stay."

Probably something like Psion//Evolutionist. No idea what my race could be - I'll just find the weirdest aberration I can afford, I think.

I'm not incredibly familiar with psionics, so we'll see how this goes
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-09-15 at 06:07 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Firbolg in the Playground

Lol I can see how you would get overwhelmed, my build isn't too crazy and doesn't have too much pathfinder so I am going to stick with it. If you want I can swap my pf paladin for the 3.5 paladin of tyranny, though I think stripping fear immunity is a lot more tame than another -2 to saves, stacked with curse, and Dark companion
    Blarg...

20. - Top - End - #140

OldWizardGuy

Astral Charms are pretty much... well, an arcane spell. Picked from any arcane spell list and you prepare them, but there are intervals where you can actually charge them. 0-1st can prep 2 charms a day, 2nd-3rd once a day, 4th-5th once a week, 6th-7th once a month and 8-9 are one a year. EXP and materials for said spell need to be provided when the charm is made, not invoked. Charms once made last forever until used... and there is no limit to the maximum number of astral charms that can be prepared, but again, can only make a limited number in various intervals.

Still, will be plotting and making :)

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Can we take the "Extra Level" special ability more than once? The idea of playing a Commoner 11 with nothing else going for him sounds hilarious, but knowing if options like that are available might be neat.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-09-15 at 06:13 PM.

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

22. - Top - End - #142

Quote Originally Posted by MinotaurWarblad View Post
    Really considering a human swordsage//totemist going into telflammar shadowlord (and maybe avenger) with vampire bloodline levels. I want to try making Alucard from Castlevania. Would that be acceptable?
    That would be fine. There are plenty of vampires in some parts of this world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmatt View Post
    And I do have a second idea that in many ways is much... simpler.

Planned build is Evolutionist 20//Dreg Knight 20. What would he end up as? He is the march of entropy, the lord of rot and decay. He is that which cannot be stopped, for he just keeps coming, never stopping, never resting and never relenting. After all, in the end everything rots and dies. Mortals. Immortals. Gods. Concepts. Everything rots. Everything dies.

All the while, the living avatar of primordial decay will be trudging along after his friends, trying to catch a pretty butterfly....
    I really like the Dreg Knight. First I've heard of it, but it's great. That said, you are not getting Improved Mettle without spending a Special Power point on it. It does not exist in official sources, and is quite a lot more useful than Improved Evasion.

I am putting it at tier 2, because at eighth level it gets the power to ignore all immunities to ability score damage for the toxin, and it can keep applying it every turn. That's a major threat to most things, and is quite at home in tier 2 I think. The rest of the class is pretty solid as well, with strong defenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I mean, I'd be totally fine just building a pure 3.5 character with no PF or homebrew besides the special powers. But with only 3.5 stuff auto-approved...
    ...this kinda means every prospective player is gonna be making requests.
    That's fair. It's just getting a little much to go through it all, so I want to reduce the flood while still keeping the door open to anyone who is prepared to give up a little bit of power to do the weird thing they want to do.
    Speaking of which, I wanna make sure that the limitation is "no homebrew/PF material that isn't easy class fixes or feats", and that existing 3.5 ACFs are still on the table.
    Yeah, published 3.5 ACFs are unaffected.
    Can we take the "Extra Level" special ability more than once? The idea of playing a Commoner 11 with nothing else going for him sounds hilarious, but knowing if options like that are available might be neat.
    By default you cannot. I would be quite alright with a pure Commoner taking it as many times as it can afford, but I am very curious how you would make that build useful with only the normal feats and skill points and +2LA. Hell, for Commoner I would throw in a free All the Feats.

By default Extra Level is only available once because I don't want full casters to be a whole spell level ahead of the party, but... I suppose I could remove the restriction for tier 4 and below. At two picks per level, it's pretty expensive though.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-09-15 at 06:30 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

23. - Top - End - #143

OldWizardGuy

I have a question regarding Paragon and ability score generation. Mainly, would it be instead of point buy, because I'm planning on, if possible, dropping mental abilities scores fairly badly and focusing on the mainly physical side for Malog Brin Krathmog. Bright he will not be.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have a request. Can we wave the alignment preqs on templates? I don't really want to be chaotic and it keeps me from choosing the deity that I want for hand crossbow proficiency and overall assassin sneakiness.

Was our wealth by level the pathfinder standard of 16k?

What are some of the factions we will be dealing with. Scarmiglione is my deity and I wanted to be associated with the most mischievous groups if at all possible.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Grod's Warlock is approved. For the rest, everything on its own looks reasonable, but there is so very much of it that I'm going to have to say you can have it for a Special Power point. Even then, using the Freelancer to patch different Warlock versions together makes me worry you are building a tier two blowtorch of the gods that can burn through anything. Please go for breadth of warlock abilities and not depth through too much stacking.
    *Looks at the two points in the Tristalt I can't get out due to Freelancer*
    Ok, for this to work I'm going to drop to Freelancer/Rogue.

Would you be ok with me spending my other special point on just making a list of homebrew invocations I'm using and flagging any that I think definitely need attention and any combos that are particularly powerful, along with a 'don't break my game' agreement by avoiding things like using multiweapon fighting and poorly thought out 'EB applies to all weapon attacks' invocations that would turn me into a murder blender and similar shenanigans. [Even if you say no, I would request invocations individually, divided by source, and would give such flags anyway and avoid such landmines.)

Bonus for you, dropping Tristalt means almost all my points will be tied into warlock and the support abilities I deem 'necessary' not abilities like 'Apply Cha to X. Again.' Gonna make me much less self sustaining. I'll probably have to invest in hiding to heal now.

Since this route requires me to actually buy my Warlock Invoking from Freelancer, how would you like to cost it with Freelancer? Normally it's 20 points at level one, +10 points for every additional spell level. However Warlocks gain only 4 grades of a wide variety of spell levels. This would be fine with normal warlock, less so with homebrew invocations.
    I'm thinking just cost it as regular 9th casting and calling it a day for fairness.
    Anyhow, I'ma start building my mighty merging mecha-warlock.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2019-09-15 at 07:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.
    Status Update:
    Sick and busy past few days. Catching up tomorrow. Sorrry for my silence.

26. - Top - End - #146

Psion and Evolutionist are both considered tier 2, right?

Also, does anyone know of any creatures that basically look like floating jellyfish? Cuz that's the look I'm going for
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-09-15 at 06:59 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    Psion and Evolutionist are both considered tier 2, right?
    Yes.
    Be aware it's your final teir that matters, and it may change depending on synergy. The DM may up your teir later if your build combos well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.
    Status Update:
    Sick and busy past few days. Catching up tomorrow. Sorrry for my silence.

28. - Top - End - #148

OldWizardGuy

Would asking to double the amount of mutations gained be worth a special point? As it is, not going to invest overmuch in gear, because between a few feats and the power of adding lots of acid/poison/taint/vile energy to his melee attacks... well, he's mostly going to be a pretty blunt instrument.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

By default you cannot. I would be quite alright with a pure Commoner taking it as many times as it can afford, but I am very curious how you would make that build useful with only the normal feats and skill points and +2LA. Hell, for Commoner I would throw in a free All the Feats.
    I've been considering a few dumb commoner builds, but I don't think I'm going with them. What I'm currently looking at is...well, a few things.

Batman: (LA: Int +4) Human going Factotum 6 with All The Feats 3, Divine Boost (Int) Paragon 2, and Skill Genius. I've got +25 to Int skills and +18 to the rest. Pick up Knowledge Devotion, Darkstalker, and as many iterations of Font Of Inspiration as I can get my grubby lil' hands on. Goal here is to have so much inspiration I can get more SA than the rogue when I want to, while also randomly adding 13 to my attacks, damage, saves, skills, and AC.

Voldemort: Human Lich going Generic Spellcaster 6//Factotum 6 with All The Feats, Divine Boost (Int), and Spell Genius 2. (I'm assuming Generic Spellcaster is T2, since it's spontaneous caster with similar spells known to sorcerer, better list access, and fewer spells per day. Absolutely massive pool of spells known and lots of spell slots to use. Feats will go towards caster-boosting stuff, metamagics I feel are worth the full round action (not many), and Font Of Inspiration

Samurai Jack: Advanced Human going Jiriku Monk 6//Grod Paladin 6 with All The Feats, Paragon 2, and either Winning or Luck's Chosen. Take the dragon mag feat that turns Paladin stuff into Wis-based, maybe take some ACFs for both of those classes, probably pick up Vow Of Poverty (3.5 version or some homebrew version). End result should be a guy with Wis to a bunch of stuff with decent combat and skills.

Steven Universe: Crystal Creature/Mineral Warrior Human going Evolutionist 6//The Evolutionist Anomoly 6 with Divine Boost (Cha), Early Prestige, and Regeneration (Adamantine/Sonic). Take "Vow Of Poverty" but substitute normal benefits for Evolutionist benefits (more mutations and teratomorphisms, essentially), so that I get an absolute ton of mutations every level and can use my TEA chimerisms to represent SU-style Fusion with "cracked gems" Steven will have on his person. Only one I'm currently definitely including is Spinel, both because it's obvious what mutations to take to represent her abilities, and because she's on my mind a lot cuz of the movie.

Edit: And how could I forget:

Frisk: Human (LA +4 Cha) Commoner 6, full diplomacy ranks and Turn Back Time 10 (10/day, 512 rounds).
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-09-15 at 07:29 PM.

Many thanks!

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

Would you allow Kung Fu Genius to work with Swordsages?