The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [D&D 3.5] [Gestalt] [Seeking Players] Another Bloody Isekai - Dungeon Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Warmatt View Post
    I have a question regarding Paragon and ability score generation. Mainly, would it be instead of point buy, because I'm planning on, if possible, dropping mental abilities scores fairly badly and focusing on the mainly physical side for Malog Brin Krathmog. Bright he will not be.
    It replaces point buy entirely. I suppose, for each mental ability score you drop by 10 I would let you raise one physical score by +3. Drop by 14 for a +4. Can't stack the bonuses on the same ability score - if you lower all mental scores, Balrog Brin gets one bonus per physical score.
    Or you could use the point buy and just buy Divine Boost once or twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Thirst View Post
    I have a request. Can we wave the alignment preqs on templates?
    Yes. Gods brought you here, they can apply whatever templates they want to you.

Was our wealth by level the pathfinder standard of 16k?
    3.5 WBL. You start at level 6, so 13k.

What are some of the factions we will be dealing with. Scarmiglione is my deity and I wanted to be associated with the most mischievous groups if at all possible.
    Phew. Well, alright. There are a lot of different factions. This world has a lot more city states than real countries as Earth of the 21st century thinks of them. Anything specific from the books you want, you can probably find some version of it. There is a little enclave of the Society of Sensation from Sigil here. They consider themselves blessed to have ended up in this crazy world, being allowed to experience a life of adventure very different from any other world across the planes.

There is the new lord of Stygia (One of the layers of Baator), who seems to have found a way to send minions here. Despite being an archdevil (by conquest), he seems to be Chaotic Neutral, and has switched to a business model of spreading the word far and wide about how soul contracts work and how awful eternal damnation is, buuut if you still want to go through with it we'll buy your soul and definitely pay better than you'd get from any of the other arch devils.

There is the School of Night, which is mostly hero level arcane thieves and assassins. Depending on your definition of 'mischief' I guess.

There are the Daylight Spears, a bunch of mostly Chaotic Good Fey and Outsiders who prioritize destroying Lawful Evil over basically everything else, but who are generally quite pleasant if you aren't in the way of their schemes, which do get... freedom fighty... sometimes.

There are various cults that are trying to find ways to create their own gods. The dungeons have given them a lot of magical artifacts and alien powers that they are always trying to use in wonky ways to increase their influence.

There are a lot of more traditional factions as well, of course, noble houses and local heroes and villains and mercenary companies and arcane academies, but you were asking mostly for 'mischievous' groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    Would you be ok with me spending my other special point on just making a list of homebrew invocations I'm using and flagging any that I think definitely need attention and any combos that are particularly powerful, along with a 'don't break my game' agreement by avoiding things like using multiweapon fighting and poorly thought out 'EB applies to all weapon attacks' invocations that would turn me into a murder blender and similar shenanigans. [Even if you say no, I would request invocations individually, divided by source, and would give such flags anyway and avoid such landmines.)

Since this route requires me to actually buy my Warlock Invoking from Freelancer, how would you like to cost it with Freelancer? Normally it's 20 points at level one, +10 points for every additional spell level. However Warlocks gain only 4 grades of a wide variety of spell levels. This would be fine with normal warlock, less so with homebrew invocations.
    I'm thinking just cost it as regular 9th casting and calling it a day for fairness.

Anyhow, I'ma start building my mighty merging mecha-warlock.
    That sounds good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    Psion and Evolutionist are both considered tier 2, right?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmatt View Post
    Would asking to double the amount of mutations gained be worth a special point? As it is, not going to invest overmuch in gear, because between a few feats and the power of adding lots of acid/poison/taint/vile energy to his melee attacks... well, he's mostly going to be a pretty blunt instrument.
    Double the mutations sounds dangerous. Iiiiiii don't think I like the thought of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Voldemort: Human Lich going Generic Spellcaster 6//Factotum 6 with All The Feats, Divine Boost (Int), and Spell Genius 2. (I'm assuming Generic Spellcaster is T2, since it's spontaneous caster with similar spells known to sorcerer, better list access, and fewer spells per day. Absolutely massive pool of spells known and lots of spell slots to use. Feats will go towards caster-boosting stuff, metamagics I feel are worth the full round action (not many), and Font Of Inspiration
    Generic Spellcaster//Factotum would push it to tier 1 for me, especially with Spell Genius and all the feats. The build is fine, I just think it will still be quite fine with one less special power point. I like it, though. Clean and relatively simple, but packs a real punch.
    Steven Universe: Crystal Creature/Mineral Warrior Human going Evolutionist 6//The Evolutionist Anomoly 6 with Divine Boost (Cha), Early Prestige, and Regeneration (Adamantine/Sonic). Take "Vow Of Poverty" but substitute normal benefits for Evolutionist benefits (more mutations and teratomorphisms, essentially), so that I get an absolute ton of mutations every level and can use my TEA chimerisms to represent SU-style Fusion with "cracked gems" Steven will have on his person. Only one I'm currently definitely including is Spinel, both because it's obvious what mutations to take to represent her abilities, and because she's on my mind a lot cuz of the movie.
    Not familiar with Steven Universe. So I like the other ideas better.
    Edit: And how could I forget:

Frisk: Human (LA +4 Cha) Commoner 6, full diplomacy ranks and Turn Back Time 10 (10/day, 512 rounds).
    ...I think I'm about to have a bad time.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmightyKue View Post
    Would you allow Kung Fu Genius to work with Swordsages?
    Yeah, sure. Make it a Regional feat.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-09-15 at 07:49 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [D&D 3.5] [Gestalt] [Seeking Players] Another Bloody Isekai - Dungeon Edition

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessGnome View Post
    I am going to offer a shiny free Special Power point to everyone who uses zero homebrew or Pathfinder ...
    Gosh. I was already there, so I guess I get a freebie. I don't particularly want more power in my build (arms race what?) but I'd love to get the mechanics closer to the flavor I intended. One normally thinks of ghosts as terrifying to animals, and I'm aiming for the opposite. Can I use Extra Ability to get this conglomeration:
    • wild empathy
    • the Natural World divine mind mantle, Complete Psi page 12 (an aura of healing for animals, plants and fey)
    • the granted power of the Shaman's Nature domain, Oriental Adventures page 88 (rebuke and command plants/animals)

or at least two outta three?

Also, does anyone know of any creatures that basically look like floating jellyfish? Cuz that's the look I'm going for
    How about this thing? "This strange creature has a spherical body about 2 feet in diameter. Its translucent body contains unusual blobs of color that shimmer and morph. Dangling from its underside are several dozen, if not hundreds, of 10-foot long tendrils surrounded by a foul-smelling hissing white mist."
    Last edited by Dimers; 2019-09-15 at 07:58 PM.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

I see that invocations were ignored. I'll treat that as you considering it. Thanks for the answer on warlock casting. Anyhow, a solid 1/3rd of my points is in Eldritch Blast and Invoking, leaving much less room for play.

On Freelancer, I assume grabbing casting grabs ancillary things like spellbooks? Would be weird if they didn't but I figured I should ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.
    Status Update:
    Sick and busy past few days. Catching up tomorrow. Sorrry for my silence.

4. - Top - End - #154

Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    How about this thing? "This strange creature has a spherical body about 2 feet in diameter. Its translucent body contains unusual blobs of color that shimmer and morph. Dangling from its underside are several dozen, if not hundreds, of 10-foot long tendrils surrounded by a foul-smelling hissing white mist."
    That seems just about perfect. What say you, DM? Is this ok? What LA would you give it? And how do you determine racial ability modifiers for these things? Aside from intelligence, which you already answered.
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-09-15 at 08:12 PM.
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    Can I use Extra Ability to get this conglomeration:
    • wild empathy
    • the Natural World divine mind mantle, Complete Psi page 12 (an aura of healing for animals, plants and fey)
    • the granted power of the Shaman's Nature domain, Oriental Adventures page 88 (rebuke and command plants/animals)
    You can definitely have all three of these. Feel free to add some small and largely harmless pet that the scary ghost has befriended if you want.
    I see that invocations were ignored. I'll treat that as you considering it. Thanks for the answer on warlock casting. Anyhow, a solid 1/3rd of my points is in Eldritch Blast and Invoking, leaving much less room for play.
    Your proposal on invocations sounds fine. Obviously I might nitpick, but like you said, the general 'don't break things' agreement is what it ultimately boils down to.
    On Freelancer, I assume grabbing casting grabs ancillary things like spellbooks? Would be weird if they didn't but I figured I should ask.
    Yeah, spellbooks are an absolutely required part of spellcasting for the classes that use them. I will not mess with anyone's spellbooks, mechanically or in game.
    (Although if DnD was real life spellbooks would be the thing everyone tried to mess with to get at wizards. It's by far the most glaring weakpoint in any wizard build that doesn't include its own demiplane.)
    That seems just about perfect. What say you, DM? Is this ok? What LA would you give it? And how do you determine racial ability modifiers for these things? Aside from intelligence, which you already answered.
    That sure is exotic.

Hm. I'm happy for you to have it. It is however quite strong. It has 2 racial hitdice, so one LA brings it down to one, which gets traded in for a class level, as with normal player races. In addition I think it gets another +5LA. So for one Special Power point and the 2 free LA everyone gets, you can have it. It's so expensive because of high stats + immunities + 80 feet perfect flight.

Racial ability bonuses are determined by -10 for even numbers, -11 for odd numbers. So the Airjelly gives -4 Str, +12 Dex, +18 Con, +0 Int, and... In the name of sanity, +0 Wis, +0 Cha. By Raw I guess it gives -10 Wis and Cha, but that's hard to work with. If you want to lower the LA we could always lower the racial bonuses to Dex and Con or lower the Fly speed.
    Throw the dice high.

6. - Top - End - #156

That sure is exotic.

Hm. I'm happy for you to have it. It is however quite strong. It has 2 racial hitdice, so one LA brings it down to one, which gets traded in for a class level, as with normal player races. In addition I think it gets another +5LA. So for one Special Power point and the 2 free LA everyone gets, you can have it. It's so expensive because of high stats + immunities + 80 feet perfect flight.

Racial ability bonuses are determined by -10 for even numbers, -11 for odd numbers. So the Airjelly gives -4 Str, +12 Dex, +18 Con, +0 Int, and... In the name of sanity, +0 Wis, +0 Cha. By Raw I guess it gives -10 Wis and Cha, but that's hard to work with. If you want to lower the LA we could always lower the racial bonuses to Dex and Con or lower the Fly speed.
    Awesome! I would like to cut down the LA at least a bit, and I think +12 to Dex, +18 to Con, and 80ft fly speed is kinda nuts. Maybe more like +4, +6, and 40ft is more reasonable?

7. - Top - End - #157

Awesome! I would like to cut down the LA at least a bit, and I think +12 to Dex, +18 to Con, and 80ft fly speed is kinda nuts. Maybe more like +4, +6, and 40ft is more reasonable?
    Alright. Make it 3LA (Including getting rid of that racial hitdie. So you would still have to take Metamorphosis, but you'd have 3LA over for other things. Or, if you want only this and no templates applied to it, make it +2 Dex, +4 Con or +4 Dex, +2 Con and you can have it at 2LA.
    Throw the dice high.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Just need to work on fluff, but here is the crunchy bits of Malog Brin Krathmog, walking avatar of rot, decay and well, the transition to the new body may have messed with his head a good deal. He's a horrific force in melee, and he's looking to just get nastier as time goes on. He's equipment light, as he just focused on upgrading his Arms and Armor of the Outer Planes (Blade of Ruin and Bulwark of Rot) to a +2 enhancement bonus... and with the Ring of Sustenance, thats all he really needs.

Granted, will be looking into a Greater Ring of Sustenance, as its a magic item that just plain fits his theme.

So, some fun things. He's got a 5ft aura that deals 3d6 acid damage a round... and heals him 3HP per enemy it deals damage to. Each time he hits with his bastard sword, he heals for 3-6 damage (depending on how many fit on a full attack) and he has fast healing 2. Sure, he needs power attack and cleave, but he is awesomely suited for driving into melee and surrounding himself with swarms of enemies. 156HP, AC 28, SR 14 and DR 4/- means that he has some staying power, even if he'll need to pull back occasionally and just wait a few minutes to heal up again.

Edit;

Backstory

Once, Matthias Rosebrook was a simple and normal young man, who had grown up on a world very much like ours. As in, modern day Earth with a distinct lack of supernatural elements present. He had been a quiet and hardworking young man, who greatly enjoyed reading and gaming, of playing with his pug and working on some stories and gaming related projects. While he was somewhat overweight and not particularly handsome, he was content with his lot in life and was a quick one to laugh. And then the fateful day happened.

Somewhere, somewhen, a god decided that it would like a champion to do great quests and deeds, to spread blessings and joy through the world, and it decided to pick someone at random to become that champion. After all, those where the rules put in place where the game was to be played after all... or it could have just been for its own amusement. In either case, ir grabbed young Matthias and imbued him with the Great Blessing and a helpful pet... only to find that, well, there was a bit of an allergic reaction.

Shaking and shuddering apart, falling even as his flesh warped and changed, as bones cracked and flesh ran like candle wax, fat bloating to fill him out, Matthias could feel his mind rotting and falling to pieces, devoured by that oh so helpful pet even as his soul would be devouring it. Chunks and shards would melt, rot and bloom, until he would land with a wet thud on the ground. Sure, bones broke and organs ruptured, but all of that healed soon enough, as he lay inside a crater, his own blood and bile a puddle in which he was floating. Some days later, Malog Brin Krathmog would pull himself from that crater.

He is aware, in a vague sense, of what he has lost and would like to get his mind back.... when he can focus or know what he wants. Largely, he ambles about, looking for friends, looking for company. He is the type to just sit there and watch, largely keeping quiet as he tries to feel for what he has lost. He knows things, but they are out of reach, he cannot remember what they are exactly.

Of course, presented with the chance to make friends, he has been corralled and prodded into joining a dungeon venture team, where he will fight with glorious glee and mirth, if not exactly understanding.
    Last edited by Warmatt; 2019-09-16 at 12:42 PM.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Generic Spellcaster//Factotum would push it to tier 1 for me, especially with Spell Genius and all the feats. The build is fine, I just think it will still be quite fine with one less special power point. I like it, though. Clean and relatively simple, but packs a real punch.
    That's...fair, I suppose. I guess it doesn't help that it's essentially getting d12 HD, medium BAB, good Ref/Will, undead immunities (which make up for the bad Fort/lack of Con), and good attribute synergy. Feats would probably mostly go towards Inspiration spam (although not as bad as batman) while picking up useful non-metamagic here and there, but...yeah with all those extra spells known and spell slots, it's gonna have enough power just from "on-level spells", and enough versatility to always be useful. I'm also considering playing him with a Wis penalty and going closer to Seventh Horcrux characterization (if you're familiar with that fanfic, I guess), where Voldie is less an NE mastermind as much as a CN idiot savant who made some bad decisions at the worst time. Although I guess still need Evil for Lich.

...actually, I just realized Lich isn't +2 LA like I thought. I'll have to think on how I'm gonna handle that...

EDIT: Oh, and since HP is the fandom I'm most deeply entrenched in, and this is the build that interested me the most TBH, I'm probably gonna go with this one.

...I think I'm about to have a bad time.
    If I was gonna run that, I'd probably dial it back a good bit: Turn Back Time 6 (gets me 6/day going back 64 rounds, still enough to redo combats), while also picking up Winning, Skill Genius, Luck's Chosen, and Divine Boost (Cha). Take vow of nonviolence/peace/poverty and just be the worst teammate who's still necessary to rig fights in our favor.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-09-15 at 08:45 PM.
    (WW/Mafia) Mansion Murder Mystery is recruiting!

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

I just realized, we're starting at 6th level. What are your feelings on Leadership?

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

11. - Top - End - #161

Alright. Make it 3LA (Including getting rid of that racial hitdie. So you would still have to take Metamorphosis, but you'd have 3LA over for other things. Or, if you want only this and no templates applied to it, make it +2 Dex, +4 Con or +4 Dex, +2 Con and you can have it at 2LA.
    LA 3 sounds good. I'm sure I can find some fun templates that will further eldritch-monstrosify my character. Or just use the trade-ins we have available, at worst.

Edit: actually, might take the LA 2 variant. The special bonuses are really good, and I'm struggling to pick just 2.

Have no idea what I'll do with my gold, though. What the hell does an Eldritch jellyfish even buy?
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-09-15 at 09:44 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162

BardGuy

Shiba Emiko, the samurai/ninja "Shiba Protector" fresh, new adventurer/maid is here. The sheet is mostly done, Still have some gold and the fluff to finish up.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Thanks for those rulings.

That moment you realise you were building your character around something that doesn't actually synergise.
    I forgot Hidden Blade was Int Based. Going to swap out the rogue sections with Warlord.

I'd like to request that Steelfist Commando (Warlord Archetype, adjusts the Class towards stealth and unarmed combat) gains access to the Stealth Gambit of Hidden Blade, since both are stealth based classes, to the point that Steelfist Commando gets access to Rogue Talents in place of bonus feats.

I'm also assuming I can buy 1 skill point/level for 1 point instead of needing to by 2/level for 2 for Freelancer, just to even out points.

Edit:
    I'd like to request the Orcish Hornbow [80ft range inc 2d6 damage composite longbow in Exotic for 130.] Additionally, for Elvencraft, would the Hornbow deal damage as if a size larger (So fighting as a large quarterstaff, same as it being a large longbow wielded as a medium exotic.)? I'm perfectly fine if the answer to that one is no.

And yes, I do plan on using a big one that would normally be mounted on a seige engine. And no, I do not have a strength bonus to combine with the composite, for shame me.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2019-09-15 at 09:47 PM.
    Status Update:

14. - Top - End - #164

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I just realized, we're starting at 6th level. What are your feelings on Leadership?
    Leadership will be fine once you are out of the first dungeon. Nobody will have any cohorts or followers going into it, however.
    I'd like to request that Steelfist Commando (Warlord Archetype, adjusts the Class towards stealth and unarmed combat) gains access to the Stealth Gambit of Hidden Blade, since both are stealth based classes, to the point that Steelfist Commando gets access to Rogue Talents in place of bonus feats.
    I have no problem with that, assuming you can chain trade for it/give up something of similar value.

I'm also assuming I can buy 1 skill point/level for 1 point instead of needing to by 2/level for 2 for Freelancer, just to even out points.
    That's fine.
    Edit:
    I'd like to request the Orcish Hornbow [80ft range inc 2d6 damage composite longbow in Exotic for 130.] Additionally, for Elvencraft, would the Hornbow deal damage as if a size larger (So fighting as a large quarterstaff, same as it being a large longbow wielded as a medium exotic.)? I'm perfectly fine if the answer to that one is no.
    You are going into dungeons.

Orcish Hornbow approved. Let's hold back on the upgrade for now though.

Alright, I'm going to bed. See you tomorrow, folks.
    Throw the dice high.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Player Character Alignment
    Morbis Meh Maggs LE
    Auranghzeb Kiro LN
    Sutr unnamed ??
    dragonsamurai77 Nabaru NG
    Unavenger Micah CG
    Ancient K8-T neutral
    Warmatt Malog CN
    Hellfire014 Emiko LN
    Dimers unnamed exalted CG

If updates/changes are needed, feel free to copy-paste-correct, or post to the thread and I'll redo it.
    Last edited by Dimers; 2019-09-15 at 10:47 PM.

Current games list

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

updated my sheet, not going for master of nine right now, later on, centering the buils around Paimon, stomguard warrior and Cheater Feat Robilar's gambit

Still fidgeting with the build

17. - Top - End - #167
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yay table! Also quick question... don't incorporeal undead have no strength score and are unable to wear armor unless they're ghost touch?
    Blarg...

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morbis Meh View Post
    Yay table! Also quick question... don't incorporeal undead have no strength score and are unable to wear armor unless they're ghost touch?
    So, there are references to "your Strength" in the SRD ghost entry itself and the "Abilities" line doesn't say to remove Strength. Best I can figure is, Strength is there because I have physical presence on the Ethereal Plane. I'm only considered incorporeal for Material Plane purposes.

I've put some thought into the fact that I'm a lot more vulnerable in the Ethereal, especially since no ally is likely to be able to come to my aid.

... But thank you for making me re-read that, because I may need to change my spell list. I won't be able to use touch spells on the Material. That sinks combust ... and more than half my party-friendly paladin buffs, though some of that I can still do by taking over an ally's body ...
    Last edited by Dimers; 2019-09-16 at 01:25 AM.

Current games list

19. - Top - End - #169

OldWizardGuy

I might be able to help later! Granted, may not, will depend on a few things. Will be able to heal any undead 1d6+3 per turn though so long as your in touch range. And visible. And Malog is not distracted by something.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

I have no problem with that, assuming you can chain trade for it/give up something of similar value.

You are going into dungeons.
    1) The only thing I can think of is losing access to another Gambit. If that's acceptable I can pick one to forget that I would otherwise use.

2) I'm aware long range may well be something to completely ignore. But I'm grabbing it for stealth purposes.
    Status Update:

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Oh this is more than 3.5 gestalt. Just noticed that this started two days ago too. Wow.

Edit: Upon further review, this is what has been decided upon.

Artificer | Fighter/Rogue/stuff..

Von van Volchelski (Sheet will be modified and edited to fit inline with the rules here)

The big thing with this dude as far as mechanics go is the crossbow he has.

Its a Deathwand Crossbow [arms and equipment: p103] which starts off as a light crossbow, which gets 2 slots magically for wands. Then with Wand Chamber [Dungeonscape p:34] a mundane wand slot could be added to the crossbow.
    A crossbow bayonete is added [Complete scoundrel: p 109] which is again modified to for a mundane wandslot.

Its further enhanced with a quickloading, [arms and equipment: 97] which adds an extradimensional chamber to hold 100 bolts I can fireoff pretty quickly.

Wasn't until I started really making it I realized I've seen this crossbow before, hence my pictures.

Spoiler
    Show
    Von van Volchelski
    Von van Volchelski (Sheet will be modified and edited to fit inline with the rules here)
    Last edited by Triskavanski; 2019-09-16 at 01:33 AM.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Special announcement, everyone: The avalanche of Pathfinder requests is killing me, and while I don't want to ban them, I am going to offer a shiny free Special Power point to everyone who uses zero homebrew or Pathfinder classes, ACFs, archetypes, races or templates.
    Shiny! I'll take it.

That sounds a little excessive. Let's pass.
    Thought as much, but can't hurt to ask.

Next request: I'm looking at Extra Ability's clause which says that I can come up with something that isn't any crazier than the other picks on the list. How about "You can't use spells, powers, supernatural, spell-like or psilike abilities or magic items, and enemy spells, powers, supernatural, spell-like and psilike abilities don't affect you"?

(I appreciate the irony of making a request because you gave me free stuff for not inundating you with requests, but...)

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm...if I just go Generic Spellcaster with 5 points put towards casting stuff, is that still looking T1 or is it down to T2? I can work with it either way, just wanna know my options.

Many thanks!

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

So, changing my goblin around a little. Instead of Fighter, I think I want to make him a Monk. Can I use a Special Power to get Sneak Attack as a Rogue?

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Spell Genius: At each spellcaster level, learn one extra spell of any level you can cast (If applicable). You also get one more spell slot of every level you can cast (In total, not per level). If you have multiple caster classes, the extra slots can be used for either class every day, but not both. Can be taken multiple times.
    I wanna clarify what this is doing.

1) Let's say I play a Sorcerer//Rogue. Normally at Sorcerer 6 I would know 7 0th, 5 1st, 3 2nd, and 2 3rd level spells. If I take this once, do I gain one additional spell known for each spell level (ie, 8 0th, 6 1st, 4 2nd, and 3 3rd), or do I gain one spell known of every spell level I can cast whenever I gain a new class level (ie, 13 0th, 11 1st, 6 2nd, and 3 3rd).

2) Let's say I play a Sorcerer/Favored Soul. If I take this once, do I gain spells known as described by question 1 for one class of my choice, or for both of them?

2A) Same scenario as 2, different question. You clarify that the extra slots can be used for either class every day but not for both. Does this mean that, at the start of a new day, I have to choose which class those "bonus spell slots" are a part of, or are they more like floating spell slots, where I can only spend them once but I can spend them to cast spells from any class I have?
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-09-16 at 05:15 AM.

Many thanks!

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Special announcement, everyone: The avalanche of Pathfinder requests is killing me, and while I don't want to ban them, I am going to offer a shiny free Special Power point to everyone who uses zero homebrew or Pathfinder classes, ACFs, archetypes, races or templates. A few feats are ok, as are quick and easy class fixes that are not complete overhauls, such as the Hexblade fix or the Shadowcaster fix.

Yeah. Suck on that. I'm not even punishing creativity, I'm trying to buy rewarding moderation. That makes it different. It's ethical now.

1: We'll say that Warp Magic is an exception to the -4 penalty thing. The whole point of it is to counterspell things, so it doesn't make sense it gets a penalty to counterspell with.
    2: Yes.
    3: Yes.
    4: Yes.
    5: Please no more warlock variants. Not your fault, just... We have four or so already.
    1-4: Cool.
    5: Wow, someone did request a lot of warlock material. My apologies.

Hmm, seeing the amount homebrew requests makes me want to stray from homebrew or pathfinder to stick with 3.5 or mostly 3.5 plus my requested class. That free power offer is tempting. Ok, some more questions.

1) How are daily abilities (SLA, per day class features, supernatural abilities) refreshed? Manually tracking them the normal way after each separate use or all uses renewed next dawn/after 8 hours rest like spells?
    2) Does grod warlock fix (using it alone minus homebrew) allows me to gain that 3rd special power?
    3) To qualify for the extra special power, no pathfinder templates or does it applies to both 3.5 and PF?
    4) Dark/Shadow creature template adds extraplanar subtype to your race (treating your race as extraplanar in planes other than shadow plane). If someone cast banishment/dismissal on us and we fail our check, do they banish us back to the shadow realm? Can we even be banished from this world?
    5) For extra ability, I want to have my movement hampering abilities ignore freedom of movement due to the fact that they will soon be rendered obsolete by one spell. Is that fine or is that too strong?
    6) For occultist spirits, stick with those on the d20pfsrd page or can I use the books?
    7) Are contents from OA, 3.0 and A&G fine for use?
    8) Does the Instant Recovery cures you from petrification?
    9) How do illusions work in your game?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-09-16 at 09:56 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

27. - Top - End - #177

Chimera

I don't know what to spend the LA on... Is there a template that will let my "Alucard" be able to turn into a wolf/dire bat/mist?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MinotaurWarblad View Post
    I don't know what to spend the LA on... Is there a template that will let my "Alucard" be able to turn into a wolf/dire bat/mist?
    ...are you being serious right now. Or are you just like looking for something less expensive LA wise.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-09-16 at 09:30 AM.

Many thanks!

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

MY build is officially finished.

It kills things with a sword. I didn't want to go overboard with the ability numbers and opted instead for this built:

Half-dragon-Half-vampire Karsite (That's a solid +6 LA). Chose deep dragon so he is immune to most charms.

BOONS:
    -Early prestige Knight of the Sacred Seal
    -Cheat Feat: Robbilar's Gambit
    -LA +4
    -All the Feats

Spoiler: Kiro, Son of Urdska
    Show

Kiro son of Urdska
    m LN Half-Dragon Half-Vampire-Karsite Knight of The Sacred Sea, Level 6, Init 13, HP 98/98, DR 10/+1 & SR 16, Speed 40
    AC 27, Touch 16, Flat-footed 21, CMD 30, Fort 9, Ref 13, Will 4, CMB +14, Base Attack Bonus 6
    Greatsword +15 (2d6+12, 19-20x2)
    Breath Weapon DC21 (6D6 corrosive gas, )
    +1Mithralshirt (+5 Armor, +6 Dex, +6 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 27, Dex 22, Con 20, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 18
    Condition Immune to Charm (Deep Dragon), sleep, paralysis
    Energy Resistance 15 cold and fire (deep dragon and Half Vampire)
    SR16 (Karsite)
    Outsider, Native
    Fast Healing 1

Build: Knight of the Sacred Seal 5/Cleric of Weejas 1//Monk2/Warblade4

The intention is to take Ruby Knight vindicator and Master of nine on the KoSS/Cleric side and alternate Warblade/Monk on the other side.

I know that RKV is Theurge class, but since Karsite's don't get spells it is not really theurge. However, If you force me to take the Unlimited prestige class instead of the Cheat Feat, I'd like to negotiate that RKV advances Soul Binding instead of Spellcasting.

Will work on the Fluff, but Kiro has had a tough life due to his ancestry and he is a deadly swordman. He is from Greyhawk, and he fought in the arenas of Iuz as a gladiator and magekiller until he discovered the faith of Wee-jas and the sweet gift of death. He hates vampires.

Request: I don't know how the different DR stack 5/magic from Karsite, 10/magic from KoSS and 5/magic from Half Vampire.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Working on a halfling monk/drunken master...