The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: [D&D 3.5] [Gestalt] [Seeking Players] Another Bloody Isekai - Dungeon Edition

I forgot there was an actual template for vampires.
    My bad.

Edit: Also it will take two of my special points and then I'll still have 2 LA left over... Lol
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-09-16 at 09:50 AM.

2. - Top - End - #182

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: [D&D 3.5] [Gestalt] [Seeking Players] Another Bloody Isekai - Dungeon Edition

Just realised I never clarified this. I'm looking at running the Gun Chemist Alchemist archetype, but are Firearms even allowed? If not, I might see about a crossbow/hand crossbow user instead.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    MY build is officially finished.

It kills things with a sword. I didn't want to go overboard with the ability numbers and opted instead for this built:

Half-dragon-Half-vampire Karsite (That's a solid +6 LA). Chose deep dragon so he is immune to most charms.

BOONS:
    -Early prestige Knight of the Sacred Seal
    -Cheat Feat: Robbilar's Gambit
    -LA +4
    -All the Feats

Spoiler: Kiro, Son of Urdska
    Show

Kiro son of Urdska
    m LN Half-Dragon Half-Vampire-Karsite Knight of The Sacred Sea, Level 6, Init 13, HP 98/98, DR 10/+1 & SR 16, Speed 40
    AC 27, Touch 16, Flat-footed 21, CMD 30, Fort 9, Ref 13, Will 4, CMB +14, Base Attack Bonus 6
    Greatsword +15 (2d6+12, 19-20x2)
    Breath Weapon DC21 (6D6 corrosive gas, )
    +1Mithralshirt (+5 Armor, +6 Dex, +6 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 27, Dex 22, Con 20, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 18
    Condition Immune to Charm (Deep Dragon), sleep, paralysis
    Energy Resistance 15 cold and fire (deep dragon and Half Vampire)
    SR16 (Karsite)
    Outsider, Native
    Fast Healing 1

Build: Knight of the Sacred Seal 5/Cleric of Weejas 1//Monk2/Warblade4

The intention is to take Ruby Knight vindicator and Master of nine on the KoSS/Cleric side and alternate Warblade/Monk on the other side.

I know that RKV is Theurge class, but since Karsite's don't get spells it is not really theurge. However, If you force me to take the Unlimited prestige class instead of the Cheat Feat, I'd like to negotiate that RKV advances Soul Binding instead of Spellcasting.

Will work on the Fluff, but Kiro has had a tough life due to his ancestry and he is a deadly swordman. He is from Greyhawk, and he fought in the arenas of Iuz as a gladiator and magekiller until he discovered the faith of Wee-jas and the sweet gift of death. He hates vampires.

Request: I don't know how the different DR stack 5/magic from Karsite, 10/magic from KoSS and 5/magic from Half Vampire.
    To answer the last question: DR's do not stack, you take the highest and apply it. Since all of your DR is vs magic you will have DR 10/ magic.
    Blarg...

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Huh, this looks like just the right balance between interesting idea and total disaster to be potentially fun. Right now I'm leaning toward Warblade on one side, kind of want to give up gestalthood just for keeping things relatively simple. So as a T3, that means that they get two additional picks from the gift list, and eschewing gestalthood gives another two, for a total of six, if I read that right?
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Huh, this looks like just the right balance between interesting idea and total disaster to be potentially fun. Right now I'm leaning toward Warblade on one side, kind of want to give up gestalthood just for keeping things relatively simple. So as a T3, that means that they get two additional picks from the gift list, and eschewing gestalthood gives another two, for a total of six, if I read that right?
    Plus one if you stick to 3.5 material, no homebrew, no Pathfinder.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

When's the deadline? And do I lose the extra Magical Bull**** point for the monk/ninja change to AC?
    Last edited by ErebusVonMori; 2019-09-16 at 11:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildedragon View Post
    "How much to help you craft items? I'll cover the XP costs" All Lvl 15 Githyanki

7. - Top - End - #187

Ugh. Crazy weekend of non-fun but minor headaches = no character dev work. Ergo, lunch time = rushed char creation effort.

So, I had to pick up one of my bookshelves and ran across my Shadowrun books! Shadowrun character time, and the book I re-read yesterday had one of my favourite characters of the books - Rick "Red" Lang!!

Vampire it is.

So on the monster side of my build: how about an oslecamo Vampire 2 / Vampire Lord 3 / with a Monster of Legend (first level) to get it up to level 6?

Then on the other "side" of the gestalt, Grod's Roguetotem.

Shadowrun (if you're not familiar) is a Cyberpunk Earth + Magic reappearing + roughly year 2060. I realize this is primarily background flavor, and high tech isn't coming along with the character.

There's no spellcasting in there and only a few SLA-like abilities that come from draining blood from enemies. Tier 3 would be my guess.

He won't have a cohort, but back in the Shadowrun universe the character would have had several people who agreed to let him feed on them. He will definitely be looking to renew this state of affairs in the Isekai universe.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Alrighty, mechanics are basically done, going to work on background later today (thinking about just playing the isekai aspect straight with a normal college student yoinked into another world, Konosuba style). Preliminary Sheet

Show

9. - Top - End - #189

OldWizardGuy

Added in Malog's backstory... he was a friendly young man from an earth at some point... but he suffered an allergic reaction when the trip awakened some latent abilities. He's lost a great deal of his mind, and he wants it back. And friends. And poutine. And his pug. And to make his grandfather proud,

Still, he's got a fancy bit of rusted and pitted armor with a fancy symbol on it, a sword and a special ring, so all he needs are a few things.... what are they again?
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm.. the whole reduce the cost and time to craft something for making it cost stupid amounts of exp looks tempting but Coronal Akbar is on my shoulder shaking his head. To make something that costs normally 400 exp, would be nearly 7k experience points.

So looking at doing possibly The Magnificent Bastard instead.

Using the first two BS points, we'll go to Tristalt.

Scout | Monk | Fighter
    Scout | Monk | Fighter
    Scout | Monk | Fighter
    Scout | Monk | Fighter
    Scout | Monk | Fighter
    Scout | Monk | Fighter

assuming these qualify for the T3 we can further enhance with Quad..

Scout | Monk | Fighter | Human Paragon
    Scout | Monk | Fighter | Ranger
    Scout | Monk | Fighter | Ranger
    Scout | Monk | Fighter | Dervish
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

For those who haven't, I recommend putting your backstories in your sheets. Makes life easy on the DM and makes it less likely to be missed during selection.

Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

At this point I actually am considering Druid as a class just to get the Fey feel for a Petal.

13. - Top - End - #193

Chimera

Welp... I feel less original now for making a vampire character when others are making vampires (especially with Homebrew named after Castlevania titles and such), but I am not switching my concept. I've wanted to play Alucard in D&D for years.
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-09-16 at 03:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

DM - Would you allow a Extra Ability that allows my Erudite to learn Druid and Ranger spells as powers?
    I really want to add a nature theme to the build not just the psionic powers which are very distinct from that.
    Learning those spells the same way a STP Erudite learns Arcane spells. I promise I am not taking STP but I would love to have some access to the nature spells of the Druid.

I would just play a Druid but I like the way the Erudite casts with its unique powers per day.
    Or an Extra Ability that allows a Druid to prepare a pool of spells and spontaneously cast from that pool. If you need to see the mechanics the Arcanist from PF uses this system.

15. - Top - End - #195

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmightyKue View Post
    Or an Extra Ability that allows a Druid to prepare a pool of spells and spontaneously cast from that pool. If you need to see the mechanics the Arcanist from PF uses this system.
    Spirit Shaman is standard 3.5 and casts that way from the druid list.

16. - Top - End - #196

Quote Originally Posted by Morbis Meh View Post
    Yay table! Also quick question... don't incorporeal undead have no strength score and are unable to wear armor unless they're ghost touch?
    Ghost touch is what you are looking for, yes. Ghosts technically have a Strength score when on the Ehtereal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    So, there are references to "your Strength" in the SRD ghost entry itself and the "Abilities" line doesn't say to remove Strength. Best I can figure is, Strength is there because I have physical presence on the Ethereal Plane. I'm only considered incorporeal for Material Plane purposes.

I've put some thought into the fact that I'm a lot more vulnerable in the Ethereal, especially since no ally is likely to be able to come to my aid.

... But thank you for making me re-read that, because I may need to change my spell list. I won't be able to use touch spells on the Material. That sinks combust ... and more than half my party-friendly paladin buffs, though some of that I can still do by taking over an ally's body ...
    You can also always invest in Transdimensional Spell. It specifically calls out having full effect on manifested ghosts, so it can go the other way too.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    1) The only thing I can think of is losing access to another Gambit. If that's acceptable I can pick one to forget that I would otherwise use.
    Sounds good.
    2) I'm aware long range may well be something to completely ignore. But I'm grabbing it for stealth purposes.
    It was mostly a joke. I'm imagining you as the troll police officer from the Discworld books, who walks around with basically a ballista.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Hmm...if I just go Generic Spellcaster with 5 points put towards casting stuff, is that still looking T1 or is it down to T2? I can work with it either way, just wanna know my options.
    That still sounds very much like tier 1. It would for a pure Sorcerer as well. I don't mind stacking Spell Genius, but the difference between tier 1 and 2 is long term breadth of options. A sorcerer who knows 15 spells per spell level is not really forced to specialize anymore. I do like me my spontaneous casters, but I don't think losing a point is much of a sacrifice here in exchange for being able to take all the nice-to-have spells that you usually have to pick and choose between. For what it's worth, if I was a player in this game, I would be very tempted to be a Sorcerer//something with all the spells I could stack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taelas View Post
    So, changing my goblin around a little. Instead of Fighter, I think I want to make him a Monk. Can I use a Special Power to get Sneak Attack as a Rogue?
    Yeah, a point for sneak attack is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    1) Let's say I play a Sorcerer//Rogue. Normally at Sorcerer 6 I would know 7 0th, 5 1st, 3 2nd, and 2 3rd level spells. If I take this once, do I gain one additional spell known for each spell level (ie, 8 0th, 6 1st, 4 2nd, and 3 3rd), or do I gain one spell known of every spell level I can cast whenever I gain a new class level (ie, 13 0th, 11 1st, 6 2nd, and 3 3rd).
    Every time you take a level in a class that progresses your sorcerer casting here, you get one more spell known above what normal progression gives you. At effective sorcerer level 6, you know a total of 6 extra spells. Presumably it will almost always be for the highest level of spell you can cast, but you are free to learn a lower level spell instead if you want to. What you only get one per spell level of is the floating spell slot.
    2) Let's say I play a Sorcerer/Favored Soul. If I take this once, do I gain spells known as described by question 1 for one class of my choice, or for both of them?
    Only one extra spell/level. You can decide for each level which class to give it to, but you don't get twice the benefit for having two caster classes.
    2A) Same scenario as 2, different question. You clarify that the extra slots can be used for either class every day but not for both. Does this mean that, at the start of a new day, I have to choose which class those "bonus spell slots" are a part of, or are they more like floating spell slots, where I can only spend them once but I can spend them to cast spells from any class I have?
    If both classes are spontaneous, it's floating and you can decide when you cast. If you are a Cleric//Sorc, then either you prepare a Divine spell in that slot or you don't. If you did it's locked and the Sorcerer can't use it today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    1) How are daily abilities (SLA, per day class features, supernatural abilities) refreshed? Manually tracking them the normal way after each separate use or all uses renewed next dawn/after 8 hours rest like spells?
    If you were well rested and didn't expend abilities the day before, an 8 hour rest is enough to refresh uses. Once you refresh, 24 hours have to pass before they can refresh again. Time of day is not a factor.
    2) Does grod warlock fix (using it alone minus homebrew) allows me to gain that 3rd special power?
    Too big to count as a simple fix, it's a homebrew reworking of the class.
    3) To qualify for the extra special power, no pathfinder templates or does it applies to both 3.5 and PF?
    3.5 templates are fine.
    4) Dark/Shadow creature template adds extraplanar subtype to your race (treating your race as extraplanar in planes other than shadow plane). If someone cast banishment/dismissal on us and we fail our check, do they banish us back to the shadow realm? Can we even be banished from this world?
    There are little closed off versions of most of the planes accompanying this world. You could still be banished to the local plane of shadow.
    5) For extra ability, I want to have my movement hampering abilities ignore freedom of movement due to the fact that they will soon be rendered obsolete by one spell. Is that fine or is that too strong?
    Freedom of Movement is pretty broad, so I wouldn't give you a blank check to override it, but you could pick the Pierce Immunity power to pick something more narrow, like being able to Grapple anything, even things that are under Freedom of Movement. Depending on exactly what your 'movement hampering' is, it may be narrow enough to qualify.
    6) For occultist spirits, stick with those on the d20pfsrd page or can I use the books?
    The books are fine, although if I remember correctly the latest one updated stuff from earlier versions, so with conflicting wordings, go with the latest one.
    7) Are contents from OA, 3.0 and A&G fine for use?
    Yes, but again a lot of it is updated or reprinted in official 3.5. Spell Focus for example got nerfed to half strength, so no picking 3.0 Spell Focus etc.
    8) Does the Instant Recovery cures you from petrification?
    Yes, if the enemy didn't smash you to pieces really quickly. When initiative rolls back to you, your turn ends and you recover.
    9) How do illusions work in your game?
    Gonna need a more narrow question. I have not run into any major issues with illusion rules before, so not sure what needs clarifying. You can't get more than 100% quasi real things, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by MinotaurWarblad View Post
    I don't know what to spend the LA on... Is there a template that will let my "Alucard" be able to turn into a wolf/dire bat/mist?
    So, do you want to be a full vampire/undead, or did you want to keep Alucard a half-vamp? Because I would let you take the half vampire template and trade some of its abilities for the ability to transform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    The intention is to take Ruby Knight vindicator and Master of nine on the KoSS/Cleric side and alternate Warblade/Monk on the other side.

I know that RKV is Theurge class, but since Karsite's don't get spells it is not really theurge. However, If you force me to take the Unlimited prestige class instead of the Cheat Feat, I'd like to negotiate that RKV advances Soul Binding instead of Spellcasting.
    If you just want to take RKV with no spells, then we'll say it's not a dual progression class. If you do take Unlimited Prestige, you can have it progress Binding. Either way is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Modigar View Post
    Just realised I never clarified this. I'm looking at running the Gun Chemist Alchemist archetype, but are Firearms even allowed? If not, I might see about a crossbow/hand crossbow user instead.
    Guns are fine. Lots of people came here from worlds with guns, and have tried to replicate them. They are fairly uncommon, but you are free to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by ErebusVonMori View Post
    When's the deadline? And do I lose the extra Magical Bull**** point for the monk/ninja change to AC?
    No deadline set yet. It won't be in the next week. I'll set one when the thread starts to slow down, but at the moment the tide of questions indicates that a lot of people are not done figuring out their build. The Monk/Ninja thing is a very simple fix, so does not cost you the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    [SIZE=1]So on the monster side of my build: how about an oslecamo Vampire 2 / Vampire Lord 3 / with a Monster of Legend (first level) to get it up to level 6?

Then on the other "side" of the gestalt, Grod's Roguetotem.

Shadowrun (if you're not familiar) is a Cyberpunk Earth + Magic reappearing + roughly year 2060. I realize this is primarily background flavor, and high tech isn't coming along with the character.
    Gonna have to nix all three monster classes you linked. Vampires are fine, but current builds are using +5LA for the basic vampire template, which is absurd in a vanilla game but works here. Being pretty hard to kill permanently is not to be underestimated. Allows for more aggressive tactics. The Roguetotem is fine, already been approved.

Shadowrun background is fine. Like you say, it won't affect other people here much, but it can help explain why your character is how they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    For those who haven't, I recommend putting your backstories in your sheets. Makes life easy on the DM and makes it less likely to be missed during selection.
    This sure would help.

Did I get everyone? I skipped one or two posts because their question was answered by someone else.
    --------
    Edit:
    Welp... I feel less original now for making a vampire character when others are making vampires (especially with Homebrew named after Castlevania titles and such), but I am not switching my concept. I've wanted to play Alucard in D&D for years.
    I was thinking we might have to split into the Evil and team Good, but looks like Team Vampire may be more relevant. :p
    I don't mind, though.
    DM - Would you allow a Extra Ability that allows my Erudite to learn Druid and Ranger spells as powers?
    I really want to add a nature theme to the build not just the psionic powers which are very distinct from that.
    Learning those spells the same way a STP Erudite learns Arcane spells. I promise I am not taking STP but I would love to have some access to the nature spells of the Druid.
    Sadly this is where me not being very into psionics comes back to haunt us. Traditional STP Erudite is getting a hard no, but if you can suggest a reasonable, significantly less powerful version you may be able to get that for Druid/Ranger spells.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-09-16 at 03:23 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Modigar View Post
    Spirit Shaman is standard 3.5 and casts that way from the druid list.
    Oh that is true I forgot about that. But I don't know how good that class is without a focus on spirits or incorporeal creatures.
    Perhaps if I mixed it with something that has strong class features and use the caster side for the passive side.

EDIT: I may need to focus on another idea then so we don't need to worry about the Erudite idea at all.
    If I took Spell Genius would the Spirit Shaman's Spell retrieved per day increase?
    Last edited by TheAlmightyKue; 2019-09-16 at 03:31 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198

If I took Spell Genius would the Spirit Shaman's Spell retrieved per day increase?
    Yes, but doing that would also put it solidly into tier 1.
    Throw the dice high.

19. - Top - End - #199

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessGnome View Post
    Gonna have to nix all three monster classes you linked. Vampires are fine, but current builds are using +5LA for the basic vampire template, which is absurd in a vanilla game but works here. Being pretty hard to kill permanently is not to be underestimated. Allows for more aggressive tactics. The Roguetotem is fine, already been approved.

Shadowrun background is fine. Like you say, it won't affect other people here much, but it can help explain why your character is how they are.
    The oslecamo vampires are a fair bit weaker, but if you're ok with the regular 3.5 vampire and vampire lord templates, then . How about I tack on the Dark template just so I can have an entire "side" of the gestalt filled with templates?

Spoiler: Easy links for 3.5 templates. Also in pending char sheet.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200

Chimera

So, do you want to be a full vampire/undead, or did you want to keep Alucard a half-vamp? Because I would let you take the half vampire template and trade some of its abilities for the ability to transform.
    This would be great! If I could trade the power granted by half-vampire to alternate form for bat and wolf shapes, and make fast healing only work in his coffin in exchange for gaseous form, it'd be perfect!
    Secondary request: Would I be able to turn into a wolf with advanced HD up to the limit of Polymorph (i.e., my HD, being 6) and with the Half-Vampire Str and Dex bonuses? 6 HD is also conveniently the maximum that a regular wolf can be advanced to.
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-09-16 at 04:09 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yes, but doing that would also put it solidly into tier 1.
    Ok and thats a problem?
    And I am gonna guess that goes for Bards too.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

The oslecamo vampires are a fair bit weaker, but if you're ok with the regular 3.5 vampire and vampire lord templates, then . How about I tack on the Dark template just so I can have an entire "side" of the gestalt filled with templates?

Show
    Huh.

Well, here's my unfinished, but approved in PMs last night, Vampire Lord Healer...

23. - Top - End - #203

Chimera

It seems like people aren't reading the Vampire Lord template correctly. You have to have at least 10 HD to become one. No one in this game should qualify. Unless it is allowed with the special points?

Edit: Also, is this becoming a group of vampires? Party like we're 1999 (years old)!
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-09-16 at 04:13 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe for some. I’m just playing a (mostly) human.

Show

25. - Top - End - #205

Show
    +5LA for Vampire. +5 on top of that for Vampire Lord. You can eat into one side of the gestalt to pay for LA if you want, but everyone else is just buying more free LA with Metamorphosis, I think.
    This would be great! If I could trade the power granted by half-vampire to alternate form for bat and wolf shapes, and make fast healing only work in his coffin in exchange for gaseous form, it'd be perfect!
    Sure. You lose Charm Gaze, Children of the Night and only get fast healing in your coffin. That works. You keep Blood Drain though. So you can struggle with the thirst from Blood Dependency.
    Ok and thats a problem?
    And I am gonna guess that goes for Bards too.
    It's not a problem, just means you have fewer Special Power points. Tier 1 classes are perfectly welcome.

Bards start on tier 3, so I don't think they can be pushed all the way to tier 1. Honestly just taking Spell Genius once wouldn't even put them in tier 2 for me. I guess if you really build around powering up the Bard it might be doable, but it's a pretty snug fit in tier 3 I think.

It seems like people aren't reading the Vampire Lord template correctly. You have to have at least 10 HD to become one. No one in this game should qualify. Unless it is allowed with the special points?
    Template requirements are negotiable. The power ups and transformations are powered by the gods that summoned you.
    Edit: Also, is this becoming a group of vampires? Party like we're 1999 (years old)!
    Looks like it. Make it vampire Bards and you can start a band.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-09-16 at 04:18 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

26. - Top - End - #206

Chimera

Sure. You lose Charm Gaze, Children of the Night and only get fast healing in your coffin. That works. You keep Blood Drain though. So you can struggle with the thirst from Blood Dependency.
    Cool!
    Would you be okay with me choosing the Artificer as a tristalt class option purely for crafting the magic items you find in Symphony of the Night? I want to keep him tier 3, even with Artificer, but if Artificer counts as tier 1 or 2 then I'll have to find another way to get the Gravity Boots, Crissaegrim, etc., and (most importantly) Alucard's personal gear.

27. - Top - End - #207

Cool!
    Would you be okay with me choosing the Artificer as a tristalt class option purely for crafting the magic items you find in Symphony of the Night? I want to keep him tier 3, even with Artificer, but if Artificer counts as tier 1 or 2 then I'll have to find another way to get the Gravity Boots, Crissaegrim, etc., and (most importantly) Alucard's personal gear.
    Sorry, Artificer is tier 1. If the only items you want are things from the games, we can probably find approximations as we go and you can spend the points elsewhere. I don't think we have a crafter in the party yet, or at least not an artificer, but there are always NPC crafters, shady factions looking to make deals, and dungeons that mysteriously seem to know what to bribe adventurers with.

Edit: Also, after this first dungeon you could take Leadership and get an Artificer Cohort.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-09-16 at 04:37 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

You can also always invest in Transdimensional Spell. It specifically calls out having full effect on manifested ghosts, so it can go the other way too.
    Thank you. I'll probably take that. Last time I tried it, it got shot down as not RAW. There are some abuses possible, but not with the sort of spells I'll be taking. (E.g. baleful transposition to move fully onto the Material and dump your target into the Ethereal -- good luck getting back!)
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

29. - Top - End - #209

Wait, Leadership will be allowed after first dungeon?

O.o

There's something I've wanted to try with Evolutionist, but frankly, I think it's probably too powerful even for a game where we get Magical Bull**** Points.
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

+5LA for Vampire. +5 on top of that for Vampire Lord. You can eat into one side of the gestalt to pay for LA if you want, but everyone else is just buying more free LA with Metamorphosis, I think.

It's not a problem, just means you have fewer Special Power points. Tier 1 classes are perfectly welcome.

Bards start on tier 3, so I don't think they can be pushed all the way to tier 1. Honestly just taking Spell Genius once wouldn't even put them in tier 2 for me. I guess if you really build around powering up the Bard it might be doable, but it's a pretty snug fit in tier 3 I think.

Template requirements are negotiable. The power ups and transformations are powered by the gods that summoned you.

Looks like it. Make it vampire Bards and you can start a band.
    I could push a bard to tier 1 quite possibly.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence