The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [D&D 3.5] [Gestalt] [Seeking Players] Another Bloody Isekai - Dungeon Edition

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessGnome View Post
    It's possible, but it won't happen soon. You should probably expect to get access to Leadership and politicking within factions or nations that try to recruit you before you get your hands on such a grand prize as another special power point.

Or maybe not. If the most fun path ahead calls for some or all the players to get another point, it may happen sooner. The current plan has them pretty hard to get, though.
    Alright, cool! The ability I was wanting Font of Power for isn't something I get until level 15, so 'not any time soon' is not a problem.

Ok, so that's levels and special powers decided. Now just gotta do feats, powers, mutations, skills... oh, and try to figure out what an alien jellyfish does with gold.
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [D&D 3.5] [Gestalt] [Seeking Players] Another Bloody Isekai - Dungeon Edition

As for the tone of the campaign, I'll certainly start off not terribly serious, but I'm happy to let the atmosphere go where the players want it over time.
    Sounds good. I saw everyone going vampiric and tragic, was worried that her backstory came off as too comically oriented.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Eh, I'm hoping, if I get accepted, to recruit a Battlepug sometime. By which I mean a regular pug. That has levels in evolutionist and will compete with Malog for the ugliest member of the party and the bird for most badass pet.

Also, if I'm in the party with a bunch of vampires.... what would you rather have, a blood bag that is rotting and filled with acid and venom or a goblin? Actually curious.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well I did have this idea. Its not gonna be super useful just yet, but useful.

Arcane Channeling (Su): Beginning at 3rd level, you can use a standard action to cast any touch spell you know and deliver the spell through your weapon with a melee attack. Casting a spell in this manner does not provoke attacks of opportunity. The spell must have a casting time of 1 standard action or less. If the melee attack is successful, the attack deals damage normally; then the effect of the spell is resolved.

At 13th level, you can cast any touch spell you know as part of a full attack action, and the spell affects each target you hit in melee combat that round. Doing so discharges the spell at the end of the round, in the case of a touch spell that would otherwise last longer than 1 round.

5. - Top - End - #245

Chimera

If the table posted earlier was for submitted characters, I s'pose I should go ahead and drop my character sheet for Adrian Tepes Dracula into the mix. Still figuring out what to buy, though.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

So should my petal be a vampire? Can fey become vampires?...

7. - Top - End - #247

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmightyKue View Post
    I think fey have their own version of vampires? I don't remember what they're called, though
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Not under normal rules, and Google isn't turning up anything? Not sure how our gracious DM wants to rule that, since it's not just alignment. Most 'weird' things like that just cost a blessing it seems.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2019-09-16 at 11:29 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

Baobhan Sith is the name of the vampiric fey woman.
    *Shrugs* honestly not sure if I really need to Gestalt. if I go single class I think I get another 2 Special powers... or four.. I am not sure.

10. - Top - End - #250

NecromancerGuy

Does Sneak Attack stack with Sudden Strike in a gestalt? RAW would indicate yes I think but feels like it could get a bit silly.
    Last edited by ErebusVonMori; 2019-09-17 at 05:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildedragon View Post
    "How much to help you craft items? I'll cover the XP costs" All Lvl 15 Githyanki

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Finished:
    Kiro son of Urdska
    m LN Spellwarped-Half-Dragon-Karsite Knight of The Sacred Sea, Level 6, Init 10, HP 102/102, DR 10/+1 & SR 17, Speed 40
    AC 33, Touch 22, Flat-footed 27, CMD 37, Fort 10, Ref 13, Will 10, CMB +15, Base Attack Bonus 6
    Greatsword +17 (2d6+14, 17-20x2)
    Breath Weapon DC21 (6D6 corrosive gas, )
    CONSTITUTION (+5 Armor, +6 Dex, +1 Natural, +6 Deflect, +5 Misc)
    Abilities Str 28, Dex 22, Con 22, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 20
    Condition Immune to Charm (Deep Dragon), sleep, paralysis
    Energy Resistance 10 cold and fire (deep dragon)
    SR17 (Karsite)
    Outsider, Native

BUILD:

1SIDE: KoSS 5/Fist of the Forest1

2SIDE: Monk2/Cleric1/Warblade3

Planned: 1Side alternates RKV/Master of Nine and Occult Slayer.

2Side alternates Warblade and Binder

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Background:

Kiro's memories were of torture and pain. Saratho, an evil wizard from Iuz had bought the little karsite from a slave trader with the intention of turning him into a weapon, a willing bodyguard and an assassin of wizards. He saw the potential of the rare breed. Urdska, Kiro's mother, had been one of the last Deep Dragons in Oerth. And from her meddlings with the evasive and misterious Karsites, she had had three offsprings: Kiro, Arar and Hre. But she was slain and her helpless children sold into slavery.

For years, Saratho experimented with Kiro and oversaw his training and teaching him the path of the binder. Saratho augmented the Karsite magical resistance and turned him into an aberration: A Spellwarped. Kiro served out of fear. Slaying minor rivals in Saratho's path to lichdom.

Until a cleric of We-jas and his adventuring party destroyed Saratho and liberated young Kiro. He now roams the land, ordained as cleric of we-jas and delivers the sweet gift of death to undead terrors.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Next request: I'm looking at Extra Ability's clause which says that I can come up with something that isn't any crazier than the other picks on the list. How about "You can't use spells, powers, supernatural, spell-like or psilike abilities or magic items, and enemy spells, powers, supernatural, spell-like and psilike abilities don't affect you"?

(I appreciate the irony of making a request because you gave me free stuff for not inundating you with requests, but...)
    Still needing a response on this to finish up my character.

13. - Top - End - #253

Planetar

Gm, if I monostalt and use the extra level feature, would that still cost two points? (Eveb though Im advancing only once class?)

14. - Top - End - #254

Template requirements are very negotiable. You can take the normal vampire template /+5LA) despite being Fey.
    Baobhan Sith is the name of the vampiric fey woman.
    *Shrugs* honestly not sure if I really need to Gestalt. if I go single class I think I get another 2 Special powers... or four.. I am not sure.
    2 extra powers for not being gestalt.
    Quote Originally Posted by ErebusVonMori View Post
    Does Sneak Attack stack with Sudden Strike in a gestalt? RAW would indicate yes I think but feels like it could get a bit silly.
    I'm not too worried about letting those stack, since damage spells are often d6/level whereas sneak attack is half that, but you should keep in mind that if something is immune it shuts down both, so don't make that a combo you absolutely need to rely on to feel useful in combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Still needing a response on this to finish up my character.
    Sorry, that is probably too strong to put a price on. Going to have to nix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    Gm, if I monostalt and use the extra level feature, would that still cost two points? (Eveb though Im advancing only once class?)
    Yes, it would still cost two. The main reason it costs two points is to make casters/initiators/similar pay more for faster spell level access.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-09-17 at 07:53 AM.
    Throw the dice high.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

3 Human Paragon / 2 Ranger / 1 Dervish | Scout 6 | Monk 6 | Fighter 6

Spoiler: Builder
    Show

Monk - Cobra Strike 1st-Level Skill Bonus: Escape Artist.
    1st-Level Feat: Dodge
    2nd-Level Feat: Mobility.
    6th-Level Feat: Spring Attack. 6th-Level Bonus Ability: The dodge bonus to Armor Class granted by your Dodge feat increases to +2.
    Prerequisites: Balance 4 ranks, Escape Artist 9 ranks.

Fighter Feats
    1: Power Attack
    2: Round About Kick
    4: Superior Unarmed Strike
    6: Snap Kick

Scout Feats
    4: Improved Skirmish

Paragon Feats/Class
    Skills: UMD, Bluff, Slight of Hand, Disguise, Spellcraft, Heal,
    Feat: Weapon Focus (Unarmed)
    Attribute: +2 str

Ranger:
    1st Favored Enemy: Arcane Casters
    2nd Favored Enemy: Undead
    Voice of the City
    Track
    Archery: Rapid Shot

LA feats
    01: Two-Weapon Fighting
    02: Combat Expertise
    03: Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
    04: Cleave

Normal Feats
    1: Expeditious Dodge
    3: Quick Reconnoiter
    5: Swift Hunter

Human BF: Versatile unarmed Strike

Trying to decide what to do with the last power point. But I should have all the feats I need by not taking a level adjustment ability.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

16. - Top - End - #256
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ok have my feats chosen will do items and add the soulmelds tonight should be able to grapple multiple things at once with this build. Those extra feats hurt it's going to be fun leveling Thaddeus. I've been using lolth touched as a stand in template does anyone else have ideas for the little chtullic monster as far as templates as it's only +1 I'd need another 1 or just something better?

You all could use more feats...
    Last edited by Sutr; 2019-09-17 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Should have played a muscle caster

17. - Top - End - #257

NecromancerGuy

So as a human monk//ninja, I have three of the Magical B points to spend right?
    "How much to help you craft items? I'll cover the XP costs" All Lvl 15 Githyanki

18. - Top - End - #258
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Dont you have 7? 2 naturally, 1 homebrew?, 4 from highest tier 5.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well I did have this idea. Its not gonna be super useful just yet, but useful.
    Arcane Channeling (Su): Beginning at 3rd level, you can use a standard action to cast any touch spell you know and deliver the spell through your weapon with a melee attack. Casting a spell in this manner does not provoke attacks of opportunity. The spell must have a casting time of 1 standard action or less. If the melee attack is successful, the attack deals damage normally; then the effect of the spell is resolved.

At 13th level, you can cast any touch spell you know as part of a full attack action, and the spell affects each target you hit in melee combat that round. Doing so discharges the spell at the end of the round, in the case of a touch spell that would otherwise last longer than 1 round.
    GM what about this for my extra feature?
    Last edited by TheAlmightyKue; 2019-09-17 at 08:34 AM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Sorry, that is probably too strong to put a price on. Going to have to nix it.
    Fair. Let's approach from the other direction: If I want to spend a special ability point on "You can't use spells, powers, supernatural, spell-like or psilike abilities or magic items, and [you have some kind of ability that's good against magic stuff]", what kind of ability would you suggest is balanced?

21. - Top - End - #261

Chimera

A couple more quick questions:
    • Do I need to pick which soulmelds I have shaped for the first day in the game? If we are not going to be dropped into combat right from the start, I want to wait until the first day is over to see what the first environment we're going to be exploring is like before making that selection.
    • Since my tristalt is swordsage//totemist/telflammar shadowlord//warblade, I actually have an arcane caster level. I want to confirm that since it only goes up to 3rd level spells and I currently only have 2nd level spells (and a rather small spell list, though still an excellent one), he remains tier 3. I want to submit a correctly-made character.

22. - Top - End - #262

NecromancerGuy

Huh... well that four makes it kind of awkward as I'd want to quadstalt into rogue//fighter, and rogue is tier 4
    Last edited by ErebusVonMori; 2019-09-17 at 09:46 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263

Planetar

My character is mostly ready (since Im a monostalt prc, not so much to be done...) i just need to figure out my final template, and wether or not I want two more epic feats, or some other boon.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Thirst View Post
    Here is what I have so far.

Jet Javins
    Spoiler: pic
    Show

Spoiler: Stat Block
    Show

LN Human Fey Malefex4/Stalker1/prc1 ||Inquisitor6 || Warder6, Level 6, Init 17, HP 132/132, DR DR 5/cold iron, Speed 30
    AC 33, Touch 26, Flat-footed 27, CMD 32, Fort 17, Ref 21, Will 17, CMB +6/+1, Base Attack Bonus 6/1
    +1 Gladius +22/+22/+22/+22/+17/+17 (1d6+18, 19-20/x2)
    Masterwork Cestus +22/+22/+22/+22/+17/+17 (1d4+17, 19-20/x2)
    Masterwork Hand Crossbow (1d4+9, 19-20/x2)
    +1 Mithral Shirt , Dervish Defense (+5 Armor, +2 Shield, +6 Dex, +10 Misc)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 24, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 30, Cha 13
    Condition None
    Spoiler: Background
    Show
    The young high school senior Jet Javins had high aspirations of joining the police force and some day becoming a detective, just like his father had. One that could help his home town of Los Angeles and someday solve the mystery behind his fathers death. However his dreams would have to be put on hold. His younger sister Eleanor had become gravely ill and it was all his single mother could do to pay for the expensive medical treatment that would keep her alive. Jet decided to get a part time job after school. He only knew on place that would let him make the kind of money he needed. He had previously been introduced to the owner of the infamous bar "Lux" through his contacts at the L.A.P.D. The owner was a beyond eccentric man he new as Mr. Morningstar who begrudgingly took the young man under his wing.

He spent his weekends being trained by the head bartender Mazikeen, an equally aloof woman that had unworldly knowledge and help the already astute Jett progress his skills rapidly. When she heard of his sisters incurable condition she made a suggestion that would change Jetts fate forever. She told him that if he would be willing to do anything his sister could be cured, and all he had to do was talk to Mr Morningstar if he was prepared to deal with the consequences.

He didn't hesitate at all to take up the proposition but he had his doubts. He didn't truly trust Mr Morningstar and the strange happens at the Lux didn't make it any better. But one thing he knew for sure was that the owner wasn't an ordinary man. He met with the owner and was shocked when he revealed that he was in fact the fallen angel known as Lucifer. Lucifer owed a favor to another equally powerful entity known as Scarmiglione whom he referred to as an old drinking buddy. Scarmiglione was in need of soldiers to help him claim his stake on a certain "investment". If Jett agreed to give him a single year of his time as one of his pawns then he would have no issue curing his sister.

Jett knew he was dealing with forces that were beyond his control and wondered what exactly was going on in Los Angeles for such things to come about. He didn't falter and decided he would be these "gods" at their own game. He told them to cure his sister first and help both her and his mother financially. If they would promise to do so he would give them more than a mere year. He would serve Scarmiglione for life so long as he was able to spend time with his family.

Lucifer was impressed with the boy and decided to write a contract that would help him gain an advantage over Scarmiglione who tended to be a ruthless individual. Scarmiglione begrudgingly signed and told the young man that he had better get a least 5 years worth of effort out of him or he would make it so that even Lucifer himself couldn't protect his family.
    Spoiler: Appearance
    Show
    Jett appears as he did in his world. A young stylish man with dark caramel skin and black hair. His eyes shine the color of amber and he is a tad bit on the lanky side. He however has a good eye for spotting quality fabric and fashion as taught to him by his ex-boss Mr Morningstar. The look on his face is one of determination when he is on a mission. He never takes anything at face value and treats each dungeon as if it were a living breathing thing, ready to betray him at a moments notice. He carries with him a lavish book that allows him to communicate with Scarmiglione and the inhabitants of the Lux at times.

Spoiler: Battle Pic
    Show

Edit: Lol @Triskavanski

I see I am not the only fan of Granblue Fantasy around here.

A honest question your way. How do you get all those iteratives? even with all the boons, your BAB is still only +6/+1

25. - Top - End - #265

OldWizardGuy

Would say the Spellward Tetromorphism is a good place to look. Unbeatable SR against X level or lower spells based off your level. Only affects those spells that actually have SR and only ever gets up to level 6 and lower.

Or, maybe a permanent 'can resume as a free action 'combination of a anti-magic sphere and null psionics field with a range of 1ft per level (applies only in 5ft increments)?
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Thirst View Post

Edit: Lol @Triskavanski

I see I am not the only fan of Granblue Fantasy around here.
    Yeah don't know the game at all really, but it totally has some of the best character art I've seen for making unusual character.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

My character Rem is WiP.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

28. - Top - End - #268

RedWizardGuy

Somehow only just noticed that it's two picks to grab tristalt not one, so I'm probably gonna drop Alchemist, and possibly firearms in general, just go Grod Fighter/Rogue.

29. - Top - End - #269

This seems too cool to pass up, no matter how chaotic. Speaking of chaotic... how many special abilities would a single-classed human barbarian net?

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

2 base, 2 from not being gestalt, plus 1 if you only use 3.5 stuff, and +1 for each tier Barbarian is away from tier 1. Can't recall if Barb is tier 3 or tier 4, though.