The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: [D&D 3.5] [Gestalt] [Closed to new applicants]Another Bloody Isekai - Dungeon Edi

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    And then, in the middle of all these angels and vampires and mecha-whatevers, there's just this skinny, androgynous human with a couple of swords, looking astoundingly unimpressed.
    Oh god, no. We have enough bishies in isekai manga already.

What is this? A beauty contest?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-09-22 at 05:32 PM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

2. - Top - End - #632
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [D&D 3.5] [Gestalt] [Closed to new applicants]Another Bloody Isekai - Dungeon Edi

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Oh god, no. We have enough bishies in isekai manga already.

What is this? A beauty contest?
    Yes. And im winning.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Eh Kion has a 26 Cha, he is sexy enough lion
    Last edited by HereBeMonsters; 2019-09-22 at 05:53 PM.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by kylelopezwms View Post
    Yes. And im winning.
    Thaddeus does find all of the brains here equally attractive. At least I dont think I saw a construct in the ranks.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Oh no, not more emo prettyboys trying to save the world. I thought I left those behind in my own world.
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sutr View Post
    Thaddeus does find all of the brains here equally attractive. At least I dont think I saw a construct in the ranks.
    What does your character look like? Hopefully, not some mass of tentacles or a mind flayer.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-09-22 at 06:27 PM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

7. - Top - End - #637

Quick note everyone. Kindly show how you calculated your ability scores somewhere in your notes, as well as listing which Special Powers you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    So looking at the following feats
    Shikigami Style line

Shikigami Style
    Shikigami Mimicry
    Shikigami Manipulation
    Allowed.

Allowed.
    At least I dont think I saw a construct in the ranks.
    Not a single Warforged Juggernaut in the ranks. Tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by RelentlessImp View Post
    Oh no, not more emo prettyboys trying to save the world. I thought I left those behind in my own world.
    *Quietly assigns RelentlessImp's group the overseer Nightpain.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-09-22 at 06:37 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

8. - Top - End - #638

MindFlayer

Alright I added the racial modifiers into a portion of the sheet.

Are we gonna be using the 3.5 Grapple rules or Pathfinders with CMD?
    Last edited by HereBeMonsters; 2019-09-22 at 06:56 PM.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    What does your character look like? Hopefully, not some mass of tentacles or a mind flayer.
    An uglier mongrelfolk with a mass of 10 ft long tentacles, and large draconic wings. Not at all like a mind player, my tentacles are much longer.

Seriously thinking if it would be more fun in the vampire group or fighting his indulgences in a good group.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

An uglier mongrelfolk with a mass of 10 ft long tentacles, and large draconic wings. Not at all like a mind player, my tentacles are much longer.

Seriously thinking if it would be more fun in the vampire group or fighting his indulgences in a good group.
    You got a picture?

11. - Top - End - #641
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

https://images.app.goo.gl/H3rwRryHCB3XLR1g8

Hopefully that works cant get everything. I might be the only person who would think all the feats+ mongrelfolk=take all the racial feats. It will be a cohesive character.

12. - Top - End - #642

MindFlayer

Ok I have a question. Say I take Improved Unarmed Strike now to work with a build, but next level I take a level of Monk. Could I retrain that IUS feat or would I be stuck with two copies?

13. - Top - End - #643

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeMonsters View Post
    Are we gonna be using the 3.5 Grapple rules or Pathfinders with CMD?
    3.5 whenever possible. I don't intend to subject you to too many situations where incompatible brawling rules between 3.5 and Pathfinder will become an issue, but yes, 3.5 takes presedence when possible.
    Ok I have a question. Say I take Improved Unarmed Strike now to work with a build, but next level I take a level of Monk. Could I retrain that IUS feat or would I be stuck with two copies?
    If the first one was used as a prereq, then it's locked in, but I could let you swap the monk one for a Fighter feat. Feats that are not used as prereqs can generally be retrained, but it does take time and a small amount of resources.
    Throw the dice high.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

https://images.app.goo.gl/H3rwRryHCB3XLR1g8

Hopefully that works cant get everything. I might be the only person who would think all the feats+ mongrelfolk=take all the racial feats. It will be a cohesive character.
    Hey, not bad. Still better looking than those pretty boys. Before you put up a picture, I imagined that your character looked like ursula from little mermaid but more lean, male with dragon wings and animal-like appearance.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-09-22 at 09:31 PM.

15. - Top - End - #645

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessGnome View Post
    3.5 whenever possible. I don't intend to subject you to too many situations where incompatible brawling rules between 3.5 and Pathfinder will become an issue, but yes, 3.5 takes presedence when possible.

If the first one was used as a prereq, then it's locked in, but I could let you swap the monk one for a Fighter feat. Feats that are not used as prereqs can generally be retrained, but it does take time and a small amount of resources.
    Alright thank you.. I was curious because of the way grappling works and Kion is big on grappling due to his Rake.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm back with another request to see what i can fit into my build...

I'd like to use either the Ravener template or the Dracolich template - the plan is to use these on top of the Draconic Exemplar class that i've requested earlier- probably paired with Sorcerer or Sha'ir to mimic an actual dragon.

What LA would Ravener have, and could i ignored the pesky requirement of it only applying an Ancient or older dragon?
    Also are you comfortable with the Ravener's Soul Magic ability, or would you prefer to remove or adjust it?
    Oh geez, this should probably be meaningful or something.

17. - Top - End - #647

Quote Originally Posted by Quantumphear View Post
    I'm back with another request to see what i can fit into my build...

I'd like to use either the Ravener template or the Dracolich template - the plan is to use these on top of the Draconic Exemplar class that i've requested earlier- probably paired with Sorcerer or Sha'ir to mimic an actual dragon.

What LA would Ravener have, and could i ignored the pesky requirement of it only applying an Ancient or older dragon?
    Also are you comfortable with the Ravener's Soul Magic ability, or would you prefer to remove or adjust it?
    You can have either one. The Ravener is stronger, but the Dracolich has a phylactery, making it much harder to kill permanently. Both are LA+4. The gods who brought you here have no difficulty ignoring the prereqs of templates. The +3 casterlevels from soul magic is a bit much, but you can have +1 casterlevel that does not in any way shape or form give you faster access to more or higher level spells. The using hit points as spell levels thing doesn't seem to apply since you get your spell slots from class levels.
    Throw the dice high.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Titan in the Playground

You can have either one. The Ravener is stronger, but the Dracolich has a phylactery, making it much harder to kill permanently. Both are LA+4. The gods who brought you here have no difficulty ignoring the prereqs of templates. The +3 casterlevels from soul magic is a bit much, but you can have +1 casterlevel that does not in any way shape or form give you faster access to more or higher level spells. The using hit points as spell levels thing doesn't seem to apply since you get your spell slots from class levels.
    Dracolich needs other dragon corpses though, so is more limited in its utility than a normal lich.

"Least you had prettyboys. All we had was dudebros and STEM-lords who didn't shower."
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2019-09-22 at 10:56 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

19. - Top - End - #649

MindFlayer

I am honestly just deciding if I want my AC and Save boost or a Divine Boost to Cha to make him have a 36 Cha... and seduce everything he sees Bard Style

20. - Top - End - #650

BlueWizardGirl

*Quietly assigns RelentlessImp's group the overseer Nightpain.
    Is that anything like Nyte Blade? Cause I loved those games but that parody was a parody just a bit too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    "Least you had prettyboys. All we had was dudebros and STEM-lords who didn't shower."
    The prettyboys didn't either. It was like being locked in a highschool boy's locker room; nothing but the rank unwashed scent of sweaty teenagers trying to hide it with AXE body spray pretending it's as good as a shower. Ugh, I think I'm gonna hurl just remembering the scent. Excuse me.

Less in-character-BS-ish, will it be possible to gain more Isekai powers in play? I thought I saw someone mentioning that.
    Last edited by RelentlessImp; 2019-09-22 at 11:55 PM.
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Dracolich needs other dragon corpses though, so is more limited in its utility than a normal lich.
    You know, now that i look at the template again, is there anything stopping the dracolich from possessing its own corpse?

22. - Top - End - #652

BlueWizardGirl

You know, now that i look at the template again, is there anything stopping the dracolich from possessing its own corpse?
    From the Dracolich template: "The spirit's original body is an ideal vessel, and any attempt to possess it is automatically successful." Also any corpses it possesses beyond its own turn into copies of its original body in 2d4 days.
    Last edited by RelentlessImp; 2019-09-23 at 01:02 AM.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Colossus in the Playground

Eh Kion has a 26 Cha, he is sexy enough lion
    Snapdragon has 27.
    I solemnly swear,
    To devote my life and abilities,
    In defence of the United Nations of Earth,
    To defend the Constitution of Man,
    And to further the universal rights of all sentient life.
    From the depths of the pacific, to the edge of the galaxy.
    For as long as I shall live.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

From the Dracolich template: "The spirit's original body is an ideal vessel, and any attempt to possess it is automatically successful." Also any corpses it possesses beyond its own turn into copies of its original body in 2d4 days.
    I mean like, if Dracolich has its phylactery within range, and gets its skull kicked in by adventurers, whats stopping it from immediately getting back into its body and going for round 2 with a fresh set of HP?

25. - Top - End - #655

BlueWizardGirl

I mean like, if Dracolich has its phylactery within range, and gets its skull kicked in by adventurers, whats stopping it from immediately getting back into its body and going for round 2 with a fresh set of HP?
    The fact that Undead, upon reaching 0hp, are immediately destroyed?

(From the Undead Type: "Not at risk of death from massive damage, but when reduced to 0 hit points or less, it is immediately destroyed." Edit: MM1, pg 317 for reference.)
    Last edited by RelentlessImp; 2019-09-23 at 01:48 AM.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The fact that Undead, upon reaching 0hp, are immediately destroyed?

(From the Undead Type: "Not at risk of death from massive damage, but when reduced to 0 hit points or less, it is immediately destroyed." Edit: MM1, pg 317 for reference.)
    'Destroyed' isn't synonymous with 'No corpse' or 'Immediately turns to dust a la disintegrate'. I've always thought of it as a synonym for perish, expires, or shuffling off the (im)mortal coil. It's a better word than 'dies' in any case.

The Revive Undead targets 'destroyed undead creature touched' - How do you touch a destroyed undead creature if it leaves no corpse?

And i suppose the fluff text also mentions touching the corpse, if that means anything to you.
    Last edited by Quantumphear; 2019-09-23 at 02:11 AM.

27. - Top - End - #657

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Snapdragon has 27.
    Yeah well I think if I am taking Monk next level on my Leonal side having both Cha and Wis to AC is a bit much. So I am gonna switch my Swagger ability (Cha to saves and AC) for Divine Boost so a 36 Cha. Which really boosts my spells Save DCs.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quick note everyone. Kindly show how you calculated your ability scores somewhere in your notes, as well as listing which Special Powers you chose.
    Done.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

29. - Top - End - #659
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Alright, I think my submission is ready.

One blatant expy of Nicol Bolas, coming up. Comes with retconned story (for you MTG players out there) to explain away his inexplicable ability to hold the idiot ball. And a summary for those of you who don't follow the game, if you feel like a little more background info.

Mythweavers Sheet, and full breakdown of character

Spoiler: Backstory:
    Show

The Forever Serpent. God-Pharaoh. The Eldest Reborn. I have been called many things by millions of creatures over millions of years, and whether they have adored or hated me, they have always whispered all of my many names in fear of somehow catching my attention with a careless incantation.

I was old when the centre of the multiverse was born. I was ancient when I seized the leylines of Madara, anchoring myself to the earth to prevent the entire plane from fracturing under my overflowing potency. I was beyond time’s grasp when I pulled myself out of Death’s realm through my own titanic willpower, and older still when the multiverse robbed me of the godhood that was rightfully mine.

Perhaps you have heard of my more recent exploits; There are only a rare few who are so blessedly ignorant to have not heard them in their primitive myths and legends.

It was I who tore the plane of Alara into five shards, greedily devouring the maelstrom of mana that churned at its centre. Twas I who seized Amonkhet for myself, disintegrating a generation of parents with a single word, and then brainwashing their children, an entire world to fight and die for my glory so that their corpses could be raised as the greatest warriors in the multiverse, an army of Eternals that would serve me forever. It was I who developed and seized a manufactured planar portal, in defiance against the nature of the multiverse, to lead this army across the planes in a final gambit. I lured the planeswalkers of this multiverse to rise against me in their defense, only to have their sparks devoured one by one to fuel my ascent to godhood once again.

Unfortunately, that last plan didn’t quite go as planned. The treacherous minx Liliana defied my orders, despite the contract I held that bound her soul. My precious God-Eternals defied my grasp, betraying me at the last second and stealing away my precious planeswalker spark, my wellspring of power. My twin brother Ugin, curse his twisted horns, interfered and appointed himself my eternal jailer in order to prevent me from ever returning to wreak my justified revenge.

I was left with nothing. Trapped in a prison demiplane with no way out, nothing but the promise of endless eons waiting for death to approach on silent wings, as my brother, my twin, looked on in judgement.

It helps, in these moments of misfortune and unfairness, to have a very well-prepared and meticulous plan. Several, really. More than several, ideally, but unless you are a brilliant elder dragon archmage planeswalker, several would suffice. Of course I had a contingency. What manner of evil genius doesn’t? That being said… This was my least favourable back-up. My other options were spent, and an eternity of jail beckoned.

My final scheme had to be enacted - I had no other choice. And so I waited, ever so patiently. Two whole centuries after my imprisonment began, my immortal, unyielding, implacable brother blinked.

Just for a single, glorious second. It was all I needed.

In that instant of glorious opportunity, I activated a rune hidden underneath my own skin - Stitched into my innermost flesh more than three thousand years ago, hidden under a veil of necrotic wards, and indistinguishable from my own organs. Even without my magic, it was ready to use… but at terrible cost.

This failsafe was created for the inconceivable chance that I was denied every scrap of my magic, with no ability to use my size and strength to break free whatever trap had befallen me. Once activated, it churned with power, fueled by my very skin and bone and detonating in an immense arcane explosion; Like a minnow gracefully slipping through a fisherman’s net, the labyrinthine wards that held me prisoner shattered, and I was able to escape! With my brother still reeling, I made my escape from the hidden demiplane, piercing the planar veil for only an instant as I slipped through. And finally, the last dregs of the rune propelled me towards a distant corner of reality, disguising my path with its immense magical energy while preventing any attempt at following my escape.

Years passed as I drifted through the Blind Eternities. I was safe, but helpless, having used my last reserves to escape my prison. Eventually, like a star pulled from the sky, I was drawn into the grasp of a distant plane, an oddity that was formed not of one plane, but a central plane orbited by several supporting planes. Elemental planes, providing basis for the blocks of creation. A plane of light and dark, growing and decaying in equal measure. Perhaps this plane was manufactured, instead of naturally born?

And as I drew closer I saw a wondrous and terrible sight; As these planes turned about each other, I saw creatures of immense power crowded around the turning spheres like jeering spectators around a fight. Jostling each other for a better view, betting on the outcome of a street brawl or a titanic war with equal parts glee and mournfulness, these gods had their so-called champions and used them as pawns to act out their squabbles. I watched them from afar, pitying their small-mindedness.

All of them were too focused on the events of their divine game to notice my gradual descent towards the world; As my speed increased, the aether grew hot on my scales and I feared that I would ignobly perish at this moment, ignited as I fell and pummelled by the uncaring hand of gravity into a savage earth.

But a single god turned away from the cosmic brawl and spied my peril, reaching out with a limb that was somehow both skeletal and comprised of all the stars in the sky, catching me with a careful grasp .
    “Hush now, child. (The thrice-damned deity had the gall to call me child!). You were once powerful, and lust for its taste once again. Luck may have brought you to my arms, but now you will serve my purpose.”

As my consciousness escaped, the god drew me closer, close enough to spy its starry eyes and eyeless skull. It spoke, a dry and dusty whisper. “You shall be my champion. You will end the game, once and for all.”

With my last mote of energy, I hatefully spat back at him with my remaining breath. “From the abyss’s heart I stab at thee! I will tear you down and seize your power for my own. First you, then all of your kind!”

It laughed without a trace of humour. “We understand each other, then. But still you will be my champion.”

When I awoke, I found myself reduced to the merest scraps of power - It was like being a whelp again, fresh from the Ur-Dragon’s egg. My magic no longer rose when I called it; but I adapted. I learned to barter for scraps of power, enacted fell rituals to gain the power of undeath, and sought out the secrets of spirits to bind to my very soul.

This is my oath. My ‘patron’ will see me rise to my own godhood. My apotheosis is inevitable. And when my ascension is complete, they will all pay. Every last maggot who dared to oppose me. Especially Ugin.

Last edited by Quantumphear; 2019-09-23 at 08:06 AM.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

@FearlessGnome This is a question that I almost forgot and will be applicable to all players. Are we tracking encumbrance?