The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: Masks [IC]

  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fighting Demons!

    Default Masks [IC]

    It's a dark and stormy night. Lightning flashes across Halcyon City, illuminating the outside briefly.

    You are safe and dry for the moment, though. You're sitting just outside of Mayor Meekly's office-the plaque that's normally there has been covered by a piece of paper, with "Mayor Meekly" written in large, messy crayon. It's covered in doodles, with the most prominent one being a little stick-figure girl holding a larger stick-figure's hand, the girl labeled "Me" and the bigger one labeled "My dad-MAYOR!"

    From inside, despite the muffling, you hear someone raising their voice. "No-no no NO NO NO NO!"

    There's a pause, and then shouting again. Same voice. "They aren't ready-they're a bunch of freaks and troublemakers! You're going to make us all look bad!"

    The door opens. You hear Meekly say "Leave. Out of my office-now!" The other occupant, Todd Undertow, scowls and stalks out. The mayor frowns, shaking his head, and then looks up with a smile at you all. "Please, come in!" he says, cheerfully, if tiredly. "How are you? Can I offer you coffee, tea, soda? I'd say juice, but I think we're a little old for that," he says with a chuckle. "Now, if you do need anything, please just let me know. But we do have a serious matter to attend to tonight."

    He turns his computer monitor to face you, and you see a picture of That Who Hungers. While appearing to be an ordinary man, he's been cursed-not known how-with an insatiable hunger for life force and flesh. "This man-Nicholas Mason, as he used to be known-has arrived in Halcyon City. A.E.G.I.S. lost track of him for a few years, but considering there weren't massive rashes of disappearances, they had hoped he'd... Erm... Stopped. But now he's back, and while he seems to be stable enough for the moment, we need to make sure he doesn't harm the residents of Halcyon."

    "Now, you may be wondering," he continues, "Why you? There's two reasons. The first is that you've never dealt with him-everyone else in Halcyon has, at one point or another. The man's been cursed for nearly three decades now, he's been stopped temporarily by nearly every hero under the sun. But you're new-maybe you'll find a new way of handling him. Maybe you can even help stop him for good. The other reason is that I think you deserve the chance to start doing great things-you've helped stop criminals before. Muggings, assaults-Daniel, didn't you once rescue a lady's cat from a tree? A.E.G.I.S. got a nice letter from that, though I don't think they really deserve the credit for it! But you've yet to do anything GREAT as a team. You need a start-and I think this is it."

    "I believe in you," he says simply. "Any questions?"
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2019-09-14 at 05:51 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    Rain Strider thought about the situation, most of the deed he had done and even Inheritor with the Red Jester was off the books. Though they must have some idea that Inheritor at least was capable of more than just kitten rescue. He guessed that may be why they have put us against That Who Hungers however there was a disconnect either they thought the team was capable and just decided not to say it or they thought the team wasn't capable and were sending them on what they perceive to be a suicide mission. Strider leaned toward the former though he was still put of by the whole situation. Again certainly they didn't believe we could stop him for good either considering much more reputable heroes had failed in such a task. Troublemakers and freaks this also put Strider at unease though not for the same reasons despite having a proud hero from a long legacy the team was still being viewed like that, certainly he didn't imagine the other four to be able to hide behind Inheritor in the media but he imagined it would have them instantly labelled like that. Maybe the Spider was right, it could be the world just wouldn't accept us because of their face value.

    Strider gazed around the room and at his new team while speaking up. "Sounds like we can do the job... oh and I'll have green tea thank you." Though his mask hid his facial expressions he hoped he could hide the unease in his voice.
    Last edited by Jumbus; 2019-09-21 at 11:33 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    While they were in the waiting area Trouble stared at the little kid drawing, examining it like it was high art. After a while she just frowned at it.

    As Todd Undertow stomps past them, she throws a bit of bad luck his way. Nothing serious, just enough that he'll have a bad day.

    "But I love juice!" Trouble replies and adds, "Especially if you've got anything to mix with it?" and suggestively grins. If there's any alcohol present in the room she gives it a pointed look. However her words aren't just provocative for the sake of it, rather she's trying to get a sense of who the mayor is based on his reaction.

    She looks over to Rain Strider when he says they can do the job and just shrugs. "If Rain Strider thinks we can do it.... I suppose we can?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Pierce the Mask: (2d6+1)[8]
    I'd like to go with "What are you really planning?" but if that's not a reasonable outcome I'll go with "How could I gain Influence over you?"
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-09-22 at 10:26 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fighting Demons!

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    "No alcohol," the mayor replies. "You're too young for it-and besides, even if you WERE old enough to drink, you've got an important task ahead of you. Best to be sober for it."

    Spoiler: Piercing The Mask
    Show
    What's the mayor planning?

    He wants to see Halcyon prosper. He's worried about the current crop of heroes-some of whom are aging, some of whom are too violent, some of whom just aren't that heroic. So, he wants to see if the young heroes in front of him can help his city become a better place.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    Dave isn't being particularly Mighty at that moment, and as such looks more like a hanger-on than a hero, only his above-average height giving him cause to not simply be overshadowed by his companions.

    Despite appearances, he doesn't hesitate to speak up when the opportunity presents itself.

    "Coffee would be great, thanks," he agrees, assuming an assistant of some sort somewhere will be dispatched to collect. "Two creams, two sugars. As for questions, I've got a couple. Are we going to have any official sanctioning from your office? Authority? Credentials? Or are we just a bunch of underage vigilantes urged to put themselves in the line of danger?" He doesn't sound accusing or any such thing; more curious.

    "Also, will there be any resources provided to us? Access to police or A.E.G.I.S. records about prior encounters with Mason? Media outlets if we need to address the public?" He pauses a moment.

    "An expense account?" he adds with a wry smile.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    "I'd like a helicopter." Trouble chimes in in that kind of way where you're expecting everyone to automatically tune your comment out.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fighting Demons!

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    "Rachel!" the mayor calls over to his secretary. "I assume you've heard what everyone wanted to drink-please, get it for all of us. And just water for me."

    "Right away, Mr. Meekly," Rachel replies, and stands up to go get liquids.

    "Now, as for your questions-you are officially supported by the city. You've got... I won't say FULL permissions to do what you like, but you're certainly allowed to use your powers to stop ne'er-do-wells and powered criminals, or keep people safe. I've got a document that has all the limitations on what you can do, but to summarize it, just don't be stupid, basically. More than that, I understand that you won't always have perfect judgement-I'll do what I can to be lenient towards honest mistakes. As for authority, you're allowed to issue evacuations, lock areas down, all that kind of stuff-but older heroes and the police can renege your orders there, and if you abuse these abilities, they WILL go away. Credentials, I think that's been covered-no need for badges or anything. Doubt anyone can properly duplicate you all. Though you should consider making a team name."

    Rachel arrives back by now, carrying a tray of various glasses and bottles-including a a bottle of apple juice, for Trouble. She smirks a little at the younger woman as she sets the apple juice in front of her. "Thank you, Rachel," the mayor says, draining half his glass before continuing to answer the questions. "Resources-police records are easy, but you'll need to ask for them. They won't be provided without that. A.E.G.I.S. records... Well, officially, you have access. With Todd, though... It might be troublesome. I did take the liberty of pulling up some documents for you to peruse-I'd assume you all have smartphones? If so, I can send an email with them. Media outlets is something that we, obviously, don't have control over-there's no state run media in Halcyon! Free press is important. But, if you need to address the public, I can offer my support and make it clear that you are working on behalf of the people of Halcyon City."

    "And lastly," he says with a bit of a chuckle, "An expense account. No, I'm afraid you don't have the ability to bill the city for your hobbies. That being said, you will receive a modest salary, as well as bonuses for taking down notorious individuals. Salary is $800 a month, bonuses vary greatly. I expect you to spend your money responsibly," he adds with a look towards Trouble. "Consider saving it for college."
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    Daniel hangs back a little bit. It's a lot easier to be confident when he is in full armor, and right now he'd prefer to let his companions speak for him. But a question keeps nagging at him, and no one else seems to be asking it. Rain Strider seems fully confident in our capabilities, Mighty is focused on the logistics, and Trouble is being Trouble.

    "If I may ask sir, what is it that makes him so hard to stop? And how does he keep getting out again when he is stopped?" Daniel asks. "Holding press conferences and getting bonuses for taking down villains is nice and all, but doesn't really help us if we don't know what we're up against."

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fighting Demons!

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    Meekly says "He's empowered with bio-artifice and manipulation. He usually creates flesh golem things to fight with him, and there's a lot of organic detritus when he fights. And, unfortunately, he can shift his consciousness to any sufficiently-sized chunk of flesh. Short of burning the entire area down, it's nigh-impossible to keep him properly contained against his will-especially when he can switch which body he's using even after the area's been cleaned. He's cautious enough that, once he's taken a beating, he usually goes somewhere else or lays low for a while. And we'd find him, but the same abilities that let him create the golems lets him change his face. We don't believe he can do both together-maintaining a new face takes his concentration, far as we can tell, so once a fight breaks out or when he's ready to fight you'll be able to recognize him."

    "But," he continues, "he's not that hard to stop temporarily. Permanently, yes-but I'd not be sending you alone against a villain I didn't think you could handle."
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2019-09-23 at 10:19 AM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    Trouble drinks her applejuice with an unreasonable level of satisfaction for apple juice (the least of all fruit juices) and shakes the empty bottle at Rachel in demand of more and gives her a smirk back.

    Trouble raises an eyebrow at the mayor and says, "Maybe if I go to Halcyon State. Still, any money is better than the no money arrangement I expected we'd be offered."

    "So are you expecting us to..... end this guy? Or try and capture him somehow or something like that?" Trouble asks, now actually kind of curious about what the mayor is expecting of them.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    Princess Kaleida
    Potential: 0/5
    Conditions: None


    Everytime there was the flash of a lightning strike and rolling thunder, Kaleida flinched a little. Tyrok didn't have storms like this and she really didn't like this kind of weather. The rain was cold and ugly, the wind and lightning made it dangerous to fly and on top of it all it was night time. No sun to give her energy. It didn't help that she was improperly dressed for the weather. She was wearing a black metal band shirt, a suit jacket and long flowy orange dress (that was soaked and significantly less flowy now) with a bat pattern, while completely forgoing any kind of shoes.

    Kaleida was content for now, waiting for the drinks she ordered when asked for them, for her it was all of them, including the juice. She had specified to the servant that she wanted all of them mixed in one cup, which had earned her a strange look, but when she got her drink she was happy to see that it had the typical, sickly brownish color that you always got when mixing things together. She had had problems before with people not understanding what she wanted. One time at a delightful place the people of earth called "coffee shop" they had made her a whole bunch of drinks instead of one with everything on the menu like she wanted. This drink however was a nice, lukewarm mix of disparaging flavors. She took a sip and was quite satisfied.

    Now that she had her drink, she tuned into the conversation, "Are we supposed to go after him right now?", she asked with a look towards the window and the storm torn night sky "I really don't appreciate this weather."

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fighting Demons!

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Trouble drinks her applejuice with an unreasonable level of satisfaction for apple juice (the least of all fruit juices) and shakes the empty bottle at Rachel in demand of more and gives her a smirk back.

    Trouble raises an eyebrow at the mayor and says, "Maybe if I go to Halcyon State. Still, any money is better than the no money arrangement I expected we'd be offered."

    "So are you expecting us to..... end this guy? Or try and capture him somehow or something like that?" Trouble asks, now actually kind of curious about what the mayor is expecting of them.
    "I want him stopped, without anyone getting hurt if it's possible," the mayor replies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sahe View Post
    Princess Kaleida
    Potential: 0/5
    Conditions: None


    Everytime there was the flash of a lightning strike and rolling thunder, Kaleida flinched a little. Tyrok didn't have storms like this and she really didn't like this kind of weather. The rain was cold and ugly, the wind and lightning made it dangerous to fly and on top of it all it was night time. No sun to give her energy. It didn't help that she was improperly dressed for the weather. She was wearing a black metal band shirt, a suit jacket and long flowy orange dress (that was soaked and significantly less flowy now) with a bat pattern, while completely forgoing any kind of shoes.

    Kaleida was content for now, waiting for the drinks she ordered when asked for them, for her it was all of them, including the juice. She had specified to the servant that she wanted all of them mixed in one cup, which had earned her a strange look, but when she got her drink she was happy to see that it had the typical, sickly brownish color that you always got when mixing things together. She had had problems before with people not understanding what she wanted. One time at a delightful place the people of earth called "coffee shop" they had made her a whole bunch of drinks instead of one with everything on the menu like she wanted. This drink however was a nice, lukewarm mix of disparaging flavors. She took a sip and was quite satisfied.

    Now that she had her drink, she tuned into the conversation, "Are we supposed to go after him right now?", she asked with a look towards the window and the storm torn night sky "I really don't appreciate this weather."
    "I'm afraid," Meekly says, "that the longer you wait, the greater the risk of people getting hurt becomes."

    Rachel, who begrudgingly takes the apple juice bottle, throwing it out in a nearby trash can, says "Or does a little weather have you all scared?" Her tone is just professional enough to pass as an honest question-but you can feel the sarcasm under it.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    Strider looked into the night sky it was almost perfect for him. He was excited, the first job he had was in the best weather possible to display his abilities. Maybe there would be a reward in all of this and having the display as the best performing member would help him to be seen as a hero. Though he didn't want to over step his welcome what if his team mates didn't like that, what if they came to dislike him because he took the most credit. He should still do his best and help out his team but stick back when it came to the rewards, that seemed like the best course of action.

    "... ... Kalei you should take this." He tried to say it in a friendly tone and reached out his umbrella to her. "I guess I will start to work soon I can probably search the best in these conditions. I will contact you all if I find anything, I'm sure my teachers files will give me some direction."

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    Princess Kaleida
    Potential: 0/5
    Conditions: None


    "I'm not scared, servant!", Kaleida protested and shifted more towards her combat form, growing to a full 7 feet, making the previously oversized clothes look to small while her features hardened. It might have even been impressive if a flash and loud thunder of a close by lightning strike didn't have her flinch and immediately drop a foot in height again. "I'm not scared", she insisted nonetheless, "I just don't like the rain."

    Rain Strider was nice enough to hand her one of those stick that could be opened up with a canvas on top, she had forgotten what they were called, but she had seen people use them to hide from the rain, "Thank you...", she said as she took it and shrunk back to her usual size, immediately opening the umbrella and holding it above her head.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fighting Demons!

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    "He's been spotted lurking on the north side of the city," Meekly says, giving an exact address of his last location. "Good luck."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    On to the encounter, if y'all are good with that?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fighting Demons!

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    You manage your way, in one way or another, to where Nicholas was last spotted.

    The street is empty, but the door to the coffee shop is busted open. The lights inside are flickering dimly.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    While not a great deal of money, Dave hadn't exactly been expecting to be put on salary to any degree and such was pleasantly surprised. Questions about authority and resources settled, he is ready to get out there and make a difference.

    If the matter had been urgent, he may have considered transiting to Higher Level where he can take shortcuts around merely three dimensional space; since it isn't an emergency and he would have had to wait for the others regardless, he resigns himself to getting a little wet while they travel by means more mundane.

    Not too wet, however; in deference to the weather, he had come prepared with a somewhat showy -- but definitely dry -- oilskin long coat that would have looked at home on the set of El Dorado.

    Standing before the violated coffee shop, rain beading up on and running off his coat, Dave looks to the others and decides it's time to get Mighty.

    It...is a hard process to explain. It involves reaching inside himself, focusing on a point just above his solar plexus, and becoming...more.

    Without actually moving a muscle, Dave is suddenly more there than he was a moment ago. He seems...sharper, crisper, his colours more vibrant and tiny details visible in high clarity. The raindrops seem almost like inconsequential puffs of vapour as they strike him, and he smiles broadly.

    No matter how dangerous existing in such a state could be for the world, long term...it is always a heady experience.

    "I'm willing to go through the front door, draw his attention," Mighty offers. "I'll accept the company of anyone else who wants to join me; whoever is feeling stealthy can take advantage of our distraction," the tall youth suggests.

    [OOC: Assuming Body Transformation form.]

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    Trouble drives up (with whoever else would have tagged along) in a "borrowed" sports car.

    "Are we planning on trying to talk him down first or are we going for shock and awe?" she asks, seemingly happy enough to go with either approach. It might be noted that even though she's leaning her body half out the window, only a drop here and there of water falls upon her.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-09-26 at 06:59 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    Rain Strider descends the rain as if the were stairs, he looked a bit more awkward than normal because of his lack of umbrella. Not as though it helps him in his abilities just that he felt more secure with it in his hands, he felt comfortable with it. First thing was first however was making sure no one was inside, he hadn't been with his team for long but it was pretty clear the place was about to be roughed up in not too long. "This isn't his first rodeo, I believe much greater people have said much greater words. I think we save anyone inside then go full force."

    Spoiler: Assess the Situation
    Show
    (2d6+2)[11] I will ask what here is in the greatest danger and what can I use to help save that in greatest danger
    Last edited by Jumbus; 2019-09-26 at 07:29 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fighting Demons!

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    Spoiler: Assessing Questions
    Show
    What's in the greatest danger?
    Why, you and your team, of course.

    What can you use to help save yourselves?
    Besides your own abilities, your terrain. The area seems to be absent of innocents, so property damage is the worst you might manage.


    As you arrive and start to properly assess the situation, a man staggers out of the building. Before you rush to help, you recognize the face. It's Nicholas-He Who Hungers.

    "So... Tired..." he says. "So... Hungry..."

    As Rain comes to land, he realizes only at the last moment that the spot he aimed for has a patch of some unknown, gooey substance on it. As he lands, it rears up, consuming the lower half of his body in thick, fleshy gunk.

    "Must... Feed..." Nicholas says. "I HUNGER!" he yells, as the goo drags Rain towards him. As Rain reaches him, he grabs Rain by the shoulders.

    Spoiler: Rain
    Show
    You feel bad. Not just because a vicelike flesh-golem-goo construct is wrapped around you from chest-down. But also because you can feel your very life draining away from you, getting sucked into the endless void of Nicholas's hunger.

    Mark a condition-Afraid or Hopeless would be most appropriate, but I'll listen to explanations for other conditions.


    Spoiler: All Else
    Show
    You should probably do something to save Rain.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    As soon as getting the "shock and awe" answer, Trouble is a little bit shocked that they wound up on the receiving end of that. Still, she decided to make a go for it herself. She speeds up the car into a sharp U-turn and then smashes the sports car right through the doorway/glass windows into the building and leaning out the car window, yanks Rain Strider out of whatever goop he was caught in and into the back seat of the car.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I don't think we established Team or who is "leader" for this situation. I'm assuming we have at least 1 Team though since we actually can't possibly not.
    As for leader, I think the Mighty since he was the first to step up and try to lead.

    Troublemaker: When you help a teammate through destructive, criminal, or rule-breaking actions, you can give them a +2 instead of a +1 when you spend a Team from the pool.
    Spending 1 Team here to help out Rain Strider.

    Directly Engage A Threat: (2d6+2)[9]
    Results: take something from them (Rain Strider)
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-09-26 at 09:44 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fighting Demons!

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ah, right-I forgot to do the Team thing.

    Take four Team for this fight-that's my bad for forgetting, so I'll be generous with it.


    Trouble's maneuver throws Nicholas off-balance, and she's able to snatch Rain from the pile of gunk containing him, with his assistance. The pile of goo dissipates into a morass of foul-smelling ichor, but as Rain makes him getaway, Nicholas's hand darts out and grabs Trouble. "I WILL HAVE MY SATISFACTION!" he roars, headbutting Trouble. As Trouble reels back woozily, Nicholas lets out an unearthly scream.

    More ichor comes pouring from several surrounding buildings, forming into a half-dozen shambling constructs, each nearly eight feet tall and layered with thick slabs of muscle.

    Spoiler: Trouble
    Show
    Take A Powerful Blow, if you would.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    "Ow! ****! Mighty would your oh so superior butt in here and do something about this guy already! Guh..." Trouble shouts out as she continues to crash the car out through the other side of the coffee shop.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    No plan survives contact with the enemy, but it’s always nice to have a chance to get a plan in place before it all goes to hell.

    No matter!

    A close-up panel on Mighty’s face shows his eyes narrowed, and he bursts into action even as Trouble proceeds to cause what might be considered excessive property damage in the name of rescuing Rainy and calls him out to deal with the menace.

    Which is only right; he is Mighty, after all.

    Throwing caution to the wind, he accelerates until the raindrops seem to drift down out of the sky, getting pulverized against his body as he moves through a world seemingly gone ephemeral. Brushing aside some falling debris with one shoulder, he slides to a halt beside Nicholas and lets time resume its normal flow.

    ”You want to drain vitality from people?” he asks archly, even as disgusting ooze begins to coalesce into ugly humanoid forms. ”Let a professional show you how its done.” He reaches out and grabs Nicholas in preparation to drain the man unconscious.

    ...and loses his grip on the man’s rain-slicked arm.

    Oh.

    Hell.

    [OOC: Directly Engage vs Nicholas. (2d6+1)[5]]

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fighting Demons!

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    Nicholas casually backhands Mighty, knocking him back just a touch, but far enough for three of the golems to dogpile onto him. While Mighty's enhanced abilities keep the first from getting a successful grapple, the second one is harder to avoid, and leaves him out of position for the third to get a good grip. "I'll eat your entrails later," Nicholas says.

    Meanwhile, Daniel's phone starts to ring. The mayor's number.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2019-09-27 at 05:00 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    Princess Kaleida
    Potential:
    0/5
    Conditions: None


    Kaleida arrived by floating to the designated location. It meant that she had to use up some of her energy but at least - and that was the important part - she didn't get her feet wet again after she had so nicely dried them off on the carpet of in the Mayor's Office...priorities. Combined with the rain shield Rain Strider had given her she actually arrived somewhat dry-ish if you overlooked the fact that her clothes were still soaked from earlier.

    Upon arrival she noted to her dismay that the site of the attack had been a coffee shop. She loved those places and frowned a bit. The others arrived and not long after so did their adversary. Stumbling out of the coffee shop, a strange gooey man-person thing.

    Immediately Kaleida shifts into her more combat appropriate form, appearing stronger and taller, while Trouble pulled a stunt and Rain Strider away from Nicholas. Who retaliated with a blow to the girl that had Kaleida worried for a moment, a feeling she quickly shook off as she noticed that more of these gooey creatures appeared, even taller than her in her combat form. Preposterous! That couldn't stand and so she continued to enhance her size until she stood about a foot taller than her adversaries (it also made the umbrella look very small and made it's job nigh to protect from the rain nigh impossible, yet Kaleida still held it in place). Shooting up a couple of feet, Kaleida tried to apply her first lesson in fighting from her sister. Observe your enemy and look for a weak spot.

    Spoiler: Assess
    Show

    Assessing the situation:
    (2d6+2)[7]
    - 1 hit: who here is most vulnerable to me?
    Last edited by Sahe; 2019-09-27 at 05:29 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fighting Demons!

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    Spoiler: Assessing
    Show
    The constructed golems, but not Nicholas himself.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    Conditions: Afraid

    "Thank you... Trouble." Rain Strider took a step back from the creature as it swung at Trouble. Only just noticing as the goo that he had been freed from had immediately gone for someone else he panicked to do something. Mighty was being pinned down, Trouble was alright and Kaleida had just rolled in. Wait Kaleidas here that meant his umbrella was here, he felt the great urge to get that back so he could feel safer again. But Mighty was still in danger, he had to think quick and the panic made the rain pour a bit heavier.

    Creating a shield of solid water Strider kicked in over to Mighty hoping to protect him from the golems. "Here take this."

    Spoiler: Defend
    Show
    (2d6+1)[7] will choose to clear the afraid condition but it does still cost me


    Rain Strider begun moving toward Kaleida trying to get his umbrella back.
    Last edited by Jumbus; 2019-09-27 at 09:30 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fighting Demons!

    Default Re: Masks [IC]

    Rain's newly constructed shield skids over to Mighty, offering him some assistance. But as Rain kicks the shield over, one of the other golems takes advantage of his momentarily lapsed focus, and grabs onto him, taking him down to the ground with eight feet of muscly flesh on top of him.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •