New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Kirby In Marvel Universe

Imagine the Nintendo character, Kirby enters the Marvel Universe. He is very curious about how he got to this strange universe because of it all new to him. He met a few heroes and run into a few villains along the way and all he wants to get back to his universe. So what do you think of this situation?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kirby In Marvel Universe

Kirby is incredibly carefree. I honestly don't think he cares which universe he's in. As long as there are things to eat, he'll be fine. Incidentally, he'll be one of the most powerful entities in the Marvel Universe. I can see him destroying bigger and bigger villains until he eventually eats Galactus, embodies the cosmic hunger, and then proceeds to devour all of existence.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    Kirby is incredibly carefree. I honestly don't think he cares which universe he's in. As long as there are things to eat, he'll be fine. Incidentally, he'll be one of the most powerful entities in the Marvel Universe. I can see him destroying bigger and bigger villains until he eventually eats Galactus, embodies the cosmic hunger, and then proceeds to devour all of existence.
    Kirby doesn't really eat the bosses though. They're either completely destroyed or he makes friends with them.

And honestly I would read Kirby Befriends The Marvel Unverse.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Kirby doesn’t eat villains but he has launched one into the sun. This https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mwzH7eSOwAc would certainly place Kirby among the most powerful of Marvel.

Of course Kirby’s sorts of cartoonish feats is very asymmetric against Marvel’s more realistic style.
    Last edited by Reddish Mage; 2019-09-18 at 09:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

He would somehow stumble upon the Infinity Gauntlet, uses it to get a bunch of food and have a feast, everyone tries to fight him and loses until Kirby falls asleep, then they remove it from Kirby and Dr. Strange sends Kirby back to Popstar where he wakes up and shrugs figuring it was all a dream, while the Marvel Universe collectively decides to never speak of this ever again.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

I guess it makes sense for Kirby to cameo in the MCU. I mean look at all the Stan Lee cameos, and Jack Kirby did illustrate a lot of Lee's characters.

How am I the first person in this thread to make this joke?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    I guess it makes sense for Kirby to cameo in the MCU. I mean look at all the Stan Lee cameos, and Jack Kirby did illustrate a lot of Lee's characters.

How am I the first person in this thread to make this joke?
    Well, considering that the very first thing I thought of when I read the thread title was that it was about Jack "King" Kirby, you wouldn't have been if I'd gotten here a bit sooner

And Jolly Jack has appeared in the comics plenty of times- heck, he even cameoed as the One Above All (i.e. Marvelverse God) in the Fantastic Four.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

He'd hang out with Deadpool, eventually leave, and nobody would ever believe Deadpool that it actually happened.

In other words; nothing would change.