New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Bat-Mite

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Bat-Mite

I don't know if anybody remembers Bat-Mite. But Bat-Mite is a DC character from Batman: The Brave And The Bold cartoon. He's from the Fifth Dimension. And he has magical powers from an epic proportion. From what I watch from this guy that he's Batman fan and he's very annoying from what I can tell. He has only appeared a few episodes including the series finale. So yeah. I hope anyone knows more information about Bat-Mite than I do.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Bat-Mite

No, that's pretty much the extent of his character. I'm sure there are all sorts of meta-commentaries one could imagine, but I suspect that the extent of the thought that went into him was "what if Batman fought Bugs Bunny?"
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

There's more of him in the comics. Honestly, he's just the Batman version of Mr. Mxyzptlk. And credit where credit is due, he's not just Mr. Mxyzptlk with the serial numbers filed off. The super fanboy relationship is at least different.

But yeah, honestly I was never much a fan of him, nor Mr. Mxyzptlk for that matter.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    There's more of him in the comics. Honestly, he's just the Batman version of Mr. Mxyzptlk. And credit where credit is due, he's not just Mr. Mxyzptlk with the serial numbers filed off. The super fanboy relationship is at least different.

But yeah, honestly I was never much a fan of him, nor Mr. Mxyzptlk for that matter.
    When is Zack Snyder going to put Mr. Mxyzptlk in the DCEU? I wanna see that!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    When is Zack Snyder going to put Mr. Mxyzptlk in the DCEU? I wanna see that!
    The 'Lex Luthor' we saw was actually a shapeshifted Mxyzptlk. Only thing that explains his behavior.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    The 'Lex Luthor' we saw was actually a shapeshifted Mxyzptlk. Only thing that explains his behavior.
    But then how come it wasn't hilarious?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    To be fair, that's not an awful explanation.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    But then how come it wasn't hilarious?
    Because Mr. Mxyzptik is never hilarious.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground

Thats because you are too three dimensional to understand his humor.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Thats because you are too three dimensional to understand his humor.
    Clearly all the humor in BvS was actually just in the 8th dimension. It was actually a brilliant movie, we just couldn't see it all.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

11. - Top - End - #11

But in the context of a uber dark, gritty series his presence and juxtaposition should equal unintentional comedy.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

The good things about the movie were actually just moving too fast for anyone with human reactions to understand

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

I don't know, even with 8th-dimensional logic, BS would still probably be considered something like a 'cranial art house film that isn't for everyone'.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    But as we've agreed, sometimes the real power was the friends we made along the way, including the DM. I wish I could go on more articulate rants about how I'm grateful for DMs putting in the effort on a hard job even when it isn't perfect.