New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

"Few there are that would call me handsome," said Torson, then saw that in this place he was fully handsome, and ten years younger.

"Enough tricks, Lady," said Torson, asserting his true form within the dream. "For it is given to those of us who alter our form by the power of Arash, to conceive our true form at all times. What would ye with me?"
    Empyreal Lord of the Elysian Realm of Well-Intentioned Fail

2. - Top - End - #212

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Dream
    Show

Dandolin steps back, wings fluttering as she readies to take off. She looks around her, trying to find Steve but failing. She doesn't know how she got here or who this woman is, but instincts say this is dangerous. "Who are you?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Got a 16 on a Religion check, to confirm is Dandolin recognizes her as Savarra or one of the other Gods.
    Dandolin will try to run if the woman does anything suspicious(including moving)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Azar
    Show
    "Yes, well, I'm hardly responsible for you having had the part of your memory I lived in burned out," the woman says, smiling to take any sting out of the words. "We were such good friends, too. You liked me, even when we first spoke. I remember it." She stands and stretches, a slow and luxurious movement that emphasizes the curves of her body.

"Care to walk with me?" she asks, smiling playfully. Her amber eyes gleam.

Spoiler: Ivar
    Show
    "Suit yourself," the woman says, smiling playfully. "It's your dream, you know. You can be anything you want. There's no need for such hostility, though." She stands and stretches, a slow and luxurious movement that emphasizes the curves of her body.

"Care to walk with me?" she asks, extending a hand. "The forest is lovely this time of year."

Spoiler: Dandolin
    Show
    "Oh, come now," the woman says with a gentle laugh. "There's nothing to be afraid of. I don't intend you any malice. Do relax, darling. Would you care to fly with me? The jungle is lovely this time of year."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    This is not an avatar of any god that you recognize, or if it is one, it's an entirely novel one.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

4. - Top - End - #214

Long ago, as a new initiate into the cult of Arash, Ivar Torson had heard a lecture on spirit warfare from a stinking hermit druid of the Tacame Desert.

The air was steeped with smudges of mesquite and sage as the fasting and sweat-bathed Ivar had crowded on the dirt floor of the kiva to hear the old man speak on battling the spirits who speak in dreams.

"Don't bother," the old man had said. "You aren't up to it. Go find a grown-up to help you."

Later in life Ivar was often to remember the crusty old man and his advice to the hunters. It was the sort of thing Ivar wanted to tell greenhorns in the wilderness many times in different circumstances.

So now, confronted with a dreamspeaker, Ivar felt a total lack of trust and self-confidence in his own abilities.

"All right," he told the Lady. "Let's go for a walk."

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Azar looks at the woman with suspicion. He had no way of knowing if the woman was telling the truth, but he also didn’t detect any hostility in her words. “I’ll walk with you,” he says, slowly, “but no tricks.” As he says this, he tries to discern anything useful from the woman, and perhaps try to remember who she was.

Spoiler: Sense Motive check
    Show
    (1d20+3)[9]

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    "Excellent," the lady says, resting a hand on your arm. She begins to stroll through the forest. "You did an excellent job earlier. I wanted to congratulate you. Doesn't seem like it was easy, though. You're hurting inside."

Show
    Try as you might, you cannot force the memory to surface. All that's there is a sense of loss - and fear. Whatever happened, you wanted that memory burned out of your mind, erased. You wanted this woman to no longer be a part of your thoughts.

And now she's back.

She offers her arm with that playful smile still there. "You're much more polite this time, darling," she says, as she begins to stroll through the empty, desolate city. "You did an excellent job. Doesn't seem like it was particularly easy, though."

7. - Top - End - #217

What do you know of me? Or think that you know? And who are you? What are you? asked Ivar painfully.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Azar looks at the woman in suspicion. “And what, exactly, did I do?

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    "Names are such troublesome things," the lady says. "The villagers here took to calling me the Dark Lady. It will do, unless you care to call me something else. It makes no difference to me."

She doesn't gesture or speak, but abruptly you realize, in the sudden way of dreams, that you are not walking, but floating through the night, feet not touching the ground. "I know a little of you, handsome," she says. "Just what I picked up touching the edges of your mind, down in the dark. You've been through so much, and you hardly even let yourself know it. Just soldier on. One foot in front of the other, isn't that it?"

She looks at you, and you could get lost in those amber eyes. "But what if you didn't have to?" she says softly.

Show
    "Well, you broke my vessel, for one thing," the lady says. "Cleansed the shadows, drove out the darkness, that sort of thing. Heady stuff, really."

She doesn't gesture or speak, but abruptly you realize, in the sudden way of dreams, that you are not walking, but floating through the ruined city, feet not touching the ground. "You did a wonderful job of it. Better than you realize, in many ways," she says. "But you didn't, you can't, actually hurt me. Not really. All you can do is swing at shadows. It gets tiring, doesn't it?"

She looks at you, and you could get lost in those amber eyes. "But what if you didn't have to?" she says softly.

10. - Top - End - #220

Spoiler: Dream
    Show
    "The Dark Lady?" Torson sputtered. "Ye must know we are opposed to your works here in Yazdal. And you do know, so, what would ye with Ivar Torson?"
    Last edited by TheYell; 2019-12-15 at 03:20 AM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

What do you want of me, lady? Azar says, frowning. “What would you have me do?

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    "Oh, I know," she says, with a small chuckle. "But let's be realistic here, handsome. You can't hurt me, and we both know it. And since you broke my vessel it's not like I can hurt you, either. So why bother snarling about it?" She shrugs, a loose and expansive gesture. "We're on opposite sides, darling, that's all. No need we can't be...friends."

Show
    "Oh, nothing but what you agreed to once before, darling," she says. "Just let me in. Just a little. Is that so hard? I can give you everything you ever wanted, just let me in...."

13. - Top - End - #223

Spoiler: Ivars Dream
    Show
    "Sounds to me like you need a new vessel," said Torson. "Won't be playing the role. As for not hurting you, so long as you're sending nightmares through Skelland, we'll have to work to stop you."

"What are you after, anyway? Power? Revenge? Justice? Be nice to know, if you feel like sharing."

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Azar’s tone becomes more direct and sharp. “I’m not doing anything for you until I know more about what you’d get out of it.” He stops walking, looking directly at the mysterious woman.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    "It's not complicated, really," the woman says. "I want the same thing that most everyone else wants. I want to live. To continue." She smiles sweetly.

Show
    "It's nothing terribly complicated, darling," the woman says. "I would get to smell the rain. To see the sunset. To be alive."

16. - Top - End - #226

Show
    "Ye wiped out an entire town!" said Ivar. "Ye threaten many more. I won't help ye."

"If that be your life, then I bring ye death."
    Last edited by TheYell; 2020-01-20 at 07:22 PM.