The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 216
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Little girl, tell us how we can end your suffering! Youve been in pain for far too long. Azar cries out upon hearing the girls voice. With a close look at the arches, he determined that theyd probably be safe for him to walk on, and so he positions himself on a nearby arch. The air around him smells, for a second, like rotting flesh. He then raises his arms towards the undead creatures and attempts to impale them with a bone spike.
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Use Gather Power to reduce the burn cost of the kinetic blast by 1.
    Attack: (1d20+9)[18] (used for all enemies)
    Damage: (4d8+14)[32]
    Chaotic Good, probably

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    The girl's phantom stares at you and you hear a whisper. "...but nobody came." Then it turns and heads straight through the wall on the other end of the chamber, out of sight.

    Azar moves up and launches a lance of bone that punches through all the werewolves on the arch across. Two of them drop, while the other two look towards him, their sightless eyes staring. They lurch towards him, one managing to reach him and bite at his leg.

    The werewolves on the second and third arches across the chamber stand ready.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Okay, still don't have a map and things going on today. Here's the general layout:

    Wall the girl went through
    Arch with two werewolves
    Arch bridging that to the middle arch, broken
    Arch with three werewolves
    Two arches bridging that to the front arch
    Arch with two werewolves standing, and Azar
    Arch bridging that to the entrance

    Hopefully that makes it a little clearer. Meanwhile, attack on Azar!
    Attack (1d20+6)[13]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[8]
    On hit, free trip attempt: (1d20+6)[10]
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    I wrote an original urban fantasy series. You can read it for free at http://emrysvaughn.com/

    I'm currently writing an epic fantasy series, which you can read for free at http://www.brokenlandserial.com/

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TheYell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    By Arash! Torson shouts, and his bow creaks with power. With a quickening heartbeat, he slides off Steve's side onto the rocky floor, stumbling slightly as he hits the ground.

    A soft gray mist forms on the arches and clears as though melted by a rising dawn. Four snarling wolves appear standing when it clears, their fur a wholesome gray compared to the dark werewolves. Two of the wolves howl as the other two each assail a nearby werewolf.
    Spoiler: Wolves Attack Rolls
    Show

    Wolf One (1d20+2)[9] damage (1d6+1)[7] trip (1d20+2)[5]

    Wolf Two (1d20+2)[13] damage (1d6+1)[3] trip (1d20+2)[3]
    Empyreal Lord of the Elysian Realm of Well-Intentioned Fail

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Azar hisses as the werewolf-creature tries to bite his leg; he manages to jump out of the way as the rotting fangs snap through the air. Stepping back, he releases another, stronger wave of bone to try and fell the last two werewolves.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    5-foot step back, then Gather Power and use Bone Blast with Impale.
    Attack: (1d20+9)[29]
    Damage: (4d8+14)[25]
    Chaotic Good, probably

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Immediately after Torson and Azar hop off of Steve, Dandolin heaves her lance into the air shouting loudly. Steve furiously buzzes forward, zipping straight over a werewolf, which the fearsome Fey tries to pierce with her weapon before riding away. Steve approaches is target and tries to jab it with his prodigious stinger.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Charge! +2 attack -2 AC

    Dandolin Attacks (1d20+12)[18] if crit (1d20+12)[22] Damage (3d8+12)[27] if crit add (6d8+24)[53]

    Ride by Attack lets Steve continue the charge!

    Steve Attacks (1d20+11)[16] if crit (1d20+11)[24] Damage (1d8+6)[10] if crit add (1d8+6)[10]

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


  6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Azar drops the remaining two werewolves on the first arch, and Dandolin impales one of those on the second arch. Steve misses with his sting at one on the third arch, though, leavin himself open. The werewolf he was trying to sting leaps at him, trying to grab his wings and take all of them down into the river. The other werewolf on the third arch and the one two remaining on the second arch both move to engage Azar, but find the summoned wolves blocking their path.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Okay, so a grapple attempt on Steve, then if it succeeds he has to make a Fly check, I think is the fairest way to handle this. Then one attack on a summoned wolf, two of the other three wolves are lined up for Azar, and that's assuming I'm counting correctly so let me know if not.
    Grapple: (1d20+6)[23]
    Attack: (1d20+6)[13]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[12]
    Trip attempt: (1d20+6)[16]
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    I wrote an original urban fantasy series. You can read it for free at http://emrysvaughn.com/

    I'm currently writing an epic fantasy series, which you can read for free at http://www.brokenlandserial.com/

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TheYell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    "Well struck!" shouts Torson, as werewolves tumble into the river. He growls to see Steve in the gloom check violently.

    "Hold them lads!" he calls to the wolves, and raises his glowing bow. It wobbles slightly in his hands, and the light from the bow detracts from his ability to see clearly what is happening further down the arches. Exhaling with a prayer, he lets fly a delta-headed mithral arrow at a shadowy figure standing in the shadows.

    Spoiler: Attack rolls
    Show
    Torson attack (1d20+7)[14] concealment (1d100)[3] damage (2d8+3)[11]

    Wolf 1 Attack (1d20+2)[9] damage (1d6+1)[2]
    Empyreal Lord of the Elysian Realm of Well-Intentioned Fail

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Steve flails in the air, trying to sting the horrific wolf creature, but to no avail. The trio fall down into the water with a loud splash. Dandolin barely gets a breath in before the plummet, holding tightly through the impact.

    The water is surprisingly clear despite Dandolin's torch going out. She twists in the water for a moment, trying to find her precious baby. She senses his emotions nearby, and begins moving towards it, her body shifting while it grows a hard red carapace.

    Steve struggles against the hideous creature clinging to his wings, thrashing in the water wildly. Thankfully his strength proved too much and the fiendish wasp successfully threw off the undead canine. Steve tries to swim to the surface, his body flattening slightly until it resembles a disk.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Swift action, Crab Aspect(+4 to Swim) on Dandolin and Steve
    Steve attempts to break free of the Werewolf with STR (1d20+5)[23]
    Last edited by ChaoticHarmony; 2019-09-30 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


  9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    As Azar drops the werewolves in front of him, he watches Dandolin take down a werewolf on the next arch, and he gives out a little gasp of shock as he sees another werewolf drag Steve down into the river. Closing his eyes for a moment, Azar uses his kinetic powers to warp the skeleton of the werewolf nearest to him, ripping parts of its bones out of its body and propelling them towards another werewolf.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Take a move action to move towards the next arch with the werewolves, then use Osteotomy, applying the Offensive Osteotomy utility talent (spending my Internal Buffer point of burn to fuel it).
    The nearest werewolf to Azar must make a DC 19 Fortitude save or take (2d8+6)[10] damage. If the werewolf fails its save, and an attack roll of (1d20+9)[28] is higher than the AC of the next-nearest werewolf, then the second werewolf takes (2d8+7)[17] piercing damage.
    Chaotic Good, probably

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Dandolin and the undead werewolf are both swept downstream, but Steve manages to catch Dandolin and keep her from going under the rock at the end of the corridor. Ivar misses, while Azar rips the skeleton out of one werewolf and throws it at another. The first remains standing, enough of its bones intact to keep its body upright, while the second takes a heavy blow and falls.

    The one that lost part of its skeleton and the last remaining intact werewolf both struggle to fight past the wolves, but are unable to make any headway.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Two failed acrobatics checks later it is your turn.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    I wrote an original urban fantasy series. You can read it for free at http://emrysvaughn.com/

    I'm currently writing an epic fantasy series, which you can read for free at http://www.brokenlandserial.com/

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TheYell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Dandolin! yells Torson. He darts forward to the river and dives into the water. A long reptilian shape rises to the surface and swims easily towards the wasp and fey at the corridor's end.

    On the arch, the lead wolf lunges for a nearby werewolf.

    Spoiler: Wolf Attack Roll
    Show
    Wolf One (1d20+2)[7] damage (1d6+1)[2] trip (1d20+2)[11]
    Empyreal Lord of the Elysian Realm of Well-Intentioned Fail

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Ivar? Dandolin? Do you need help? Azar shouts as Ivar dives into the river and resurfaces as a lizard. While waiting for a response, he turns his attention towards the remaining two werewolves, blasting them with bone shrapnel.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Gather Power as a move action.
    Use Bone Blast with Impale, targeting both werewolves.
    Attack: (1d20+9)[10]
    Damage: (4d8+14)[33]
    Chaotic Good, probably

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Dandolin pulls herself back into the saddle strapped on Steve, shaking off the water from her wings. "Good boy Steve, let's get back up there." Steve buzzes in compliance, flying towards one of the last remaining undead, him and Dandin completely unaware of the reptilian Torson swimming towards them. Steve attempts to wrap his legs around the arms of the whole one while Dandolin stabs at the one missing its bones.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Dandolin flies back into the saddle
    Steve moves toward the zombies

    Steve attempts to grapple (1d20+12)[25]

    Dandolin Attacks! (1d20+10)[14] if crit (1d20+10)[19] Damage (1d8+4)[11] if crit add (2d8+8)[20]
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


  14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Steve grabs one of the werewolves, but the other manages to make it through, lumbering into a diving tackle at Azar, trying to take him down off the arch into the river.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Bull rush! (1d20+8)[9]
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    I wrote an original urban fantasy series. You can read it for free at http://emrysvaughn.com/

    I'm currently writing an epic fantasy series, which you can read for free at http://www.brokenlandserial.com/

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TheYell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Torson, in crocodile form, treads water past the flailing werewolf, and look patiently upwards towards the rest of the party.
    Empyreal Lord of the Elysian Realm of Well-Intentioned Fail

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    "Steve.....Bombard." Dandolin smiles triumphantly as Steve tosses the zombie in his grasp straight into the rushing current. She sighs, tired from the battle but feeling good. Dandolin directs Steve to fly towards Azar. "Good work Azar, but...where did Torson go?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


  17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Uh, I watched him jump into the river, Azar replied, slightly winded from the battle. His powers were still new to him, and the fight against the werewolves had worn him out. I think he went to help you and Steve, but I see that you didnt need it. Im sure hell be fine, though; hes not the kind of person to make a jump like that for fun, and he can shapeshift.
    Chaotic Good, probably

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Dandolin shakes her head before leaning over Steve so she faces the water. "HEY TORSON! QUIT MESSING AROUND AND GET BACK UP HERE. WE STILL HAVE WORK TO DO." Turning back to Azar, Dandolin sighs heavily, a half amused smirk stretching her face. "Honestly, we don't have time for these shenanigans, we still don't know what is causing all of this."
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


  19. - Top - End - #139
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TheYell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Torson wedges himself tight against the base of the arch on the far side and resumes human form.

    "Glad ya can fly out the water, can I trouble ya for the end of a rope? Can't fly or climb out of here," he calls above the roar of the water.

    Above him the mist returns, and the howls of the wolves grows fainter and then ceases. The mist clears to show empty space on the arches in front of Azar.

    Torson inches his way out of the water up the side of the arch. He manages to get his whole body out of the water before toppling backwards into the river, and is quickly swept past the safety of the arches.
    Last edited by TheYell; 2019-10-03 at 05:52 PM.
    Empyreal Lord of the Elysian Realm of Well-Intentioned Fail

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Steve suddenly rushes straight towards the flailing Torson as Dandolin pulls out a long rope. As the two fliers approach the drowning hunter, Dandolin throws one end of the rope to Torson, holding fast to the other. "GRAB ON!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


  21. - Top - End - #141
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TheYell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Torson grabs onto the rope. " Pull away! " he shouts.
    Empyreal Lord of the Elysian Realm of Well-Intentioned Fail

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Dandolin and Steve soon have the rope hauled in, Ivar back up on the arches with them. The light in the water fades, and suddenly they are back in the dark, pressing in around them, too thick to be real. There are no voices, no specters, this time - only the dark, and a bone-deep feeling of dread.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    I wrote an original urban fantasy series. You can read it for free at http://emrysvaughn.com/

    I'm currently writing an epic fantasy series, which you can read for free at http://www.brokenlandserial.com/

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TheYell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Torson unslings his bow. "That girl went through that wall," he says in a voice hushed by the encroaching darkness.

    Nocking a leaf-headed bronze arrow to his bow, he lets fly a single missile into the wall.
    Empyreal Lord of the Elysian Realm of Well-Intentioned Fail

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Dandolin's eyes warp and change, seeming to grow and expand until they are large black orbs bursting from her skull. She directs Steve to return to Azar, patting his side in praise for his hard work. "Anyine see a passage we can take? I feel we need to follow that young girl if we want to know what is going on."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Vermin Aspect: Moth(60 ft Darkvision)

    Dandolin (1d20+13)[33] Perception

    Steve (1d20+14)[15] Perception
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


  25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Im sure that the girl has a major part in all of this, whatever that part may be, Azar replies. If we dont find a passage through the wall, we could try knocking it down, but I dont want this face to collapse in on us if we do.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    21 on my Perception check.
    Chaotic Good, probably

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TheYell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    "By Arash!" calls Torson, and a small watery figure bubbles out of the surface of the river.

    "Throw the elemental the end of a rope," Torson says to the others. "Hate to figure it, but the water might go under the wall a ways. How far, we'll see with the rope."
    Empyreal Lord of the Elysian Realm of Well-Intentioned Fail

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Dandolin nods, tossing the water elemental an end. While the creature takes a hold of the rope, the wooden Fey pulls out a second rope, and begins tying the two together. "One hundred feet should definitely be our maximum. If the entrance to more than that, we might need to find another way. If you would Steve." Steve immediately responds, moving towards the wall and diving down until he hovers just above the water. The rapid beat if his wings creates dozens of tiny waves on the surface of the black river.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


  28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    The rope spools out...and out...and out...as the elemental swims. Finally, after seventy-five feet of rope have gone under the wall, the rope has a sharp tug on it, then relaxes.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    I wrote an original urban fantasy series. You can read it for free at http://emrysvaughn.com/

    I'm currently writing an epic fantasy series, which you can read for free at http://www.brokenlandserial.com/

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TheYell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    Torson slings his bow. "Can't believe this was the right way all along," he mutters, and steps off the arch into the water below.
    Empyreal Lord of the Elysian Realm of Well-Intentioned Fail

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Imagine Tomorrow [IC]

    "TORSON!" Dandolin cries out as Ivar jumps right back into the water. "Dammit that idiot! Come here Azar, let me tie the rope to you. The last thing we need is to be separated in the water." I need to remember to talk to Torson about Arash, because Arash's philosophy seems to be about getting yourself killed as quickly as possible. The Fey mutters to herself as she tries the rope around herself and Steve. Once Azar is all set, the giant wasp buzzes straight into the water, splashing loudly into its depths.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Dandolin Swim check (1d20+3)[9]

    Steve swim check (1d20+7)[11]
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •