The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

d6 OOC: The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

Welcome to The Hammer of the Barren Coast campaign!

Before we begin, there are a few issues and rules we need to cover:

1. Please post a link your character sheet in your first OOC post. Please include your character's backstory (if it is not included with your character sheet).

2. Please select a speech color. As DM I get first dibs and I select Maroon and Saddle Brown.

3. Please include your character's name at the top of every IC post you make.

4. Please state whether you are for, against or neutral to the idea of "math fixing" (i.e. a free expertise and defense feat).

5. We will be using Google Sheets a lot. Please note the tabs at the bottom (Battle Grid, Combat Sheet, Plot Hooks, Map, NPCs, Loot and Icons).

6. The first tab at the Battle Grid. This will serve as our Battle Map. I have designated Map Icon names to each player and NPC present on the map. The Terrain features are described in the far right column. If there are any special rules, they will be listed as well. You have the right to move your map icon around.

7. Go to the Combat Sheet. Essentially this sheet speeds up play in that when you make an attack roll on the Forum, you can take that number and put it into the "AC" of the bad guy you are targeting. The "Hit?" column will tell you if you hit or not. If you do, input your damage in one of the "dmg" boxes for that bad guy. When the bad guy hits 1/2 HP, the "Status" column will switch from "In Good Shape" to "Bloodied". When the monster hits Zero HP, the "Damage" column will indicate that the bad guy is "DEAD". Note, this sheet will be how I keep track of your HP. Please make sure to input your character's HP, AC, Touch, Flat Footed, etc.

8. Plot Hooks. This tab will keep track of major and minor plot hooks for both the group and each player.

9. The Map is a reference tool which will be updated as we play.

10. The NPC tab is also a reference tool that will list the NPCs that you have encountered. It is helpful for reminders considering the pace that PbP travels at some times. You have the right to add and update things to this column (in fact, I encourage it)!

11. Icons. Icons will be a storehouse for the Battle Grid Icons that I will utilize in the campaign.

12. If you guys and gals are interested, I set up a Discord channel that we can utilize for chatting. You do not need to join if you do not want to. :) LINK

CHARACTERS:
    • Gorvak
    • Grulgar
    • Mistletoe
    • Sss'nock

Spoiler: The Original Recruitment Thread
    Show
    CLOSED TO NEW INTEREST

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hail and welcome mukamba!

The Northlands have been our people's homeland for countless generations... Then the Vamwe came. We greeted them with open arms and they returned our kindness with death and slaughter. The humans chased our people from the plains. The elves threw our people out of the forests. The dwarves flung our people from the mountains. There are few places left on this blasted continent where our people can live proud and free. Every single day, the borders of our marshy lands are encroached upon by the Vamwe butchers. Just yesterday, a band of Vamwe "adventurers" chanced upon Camp Rusun. Those animals slaughtered the warriors, killed the she-folk and left the crying children and wailing babes among the mangled corpses of their kin. Armed with the Hammer of Reddawn, I lead a contingent of braves to track the animals down. We found them in the Caves of Shattermantle. We lit a great bonfire outside the entrance and smoked the "heroes" out. As they burst through the cave entrance, we set upon them with the same animalistic ferocity with which they set upon our people at Camp Rusun. We left none alive. The slaughter of the Vamwe was as quick as it was decisive but... The memory of our fallen kinfolk will linger in the hearts and minds of those younglings for the rest of their lives.

The murder of the "adventurers" will attract more "adventurers". The deaths of those "adventurers" will draw yet more "adventurers". Our territory shrinks each and every day. Worse, our numbers dwindle after each battle. It is time, mukamba, time to leave this blasted continent once and for all. It is time for us to find a new homeland, a place where we can live PROUD and FREE! A land free from the horrors that haunt every inch of this continent. Soon, we shall sail south, for the long-forgotten continent of Renje! Soon, mukambe, we will find happiness and freedom. Soon, we shall be safe!

- The Wild King

Welcome to the Exploration of the Renje campaign!

The basic premise is that you are a member of a Mahara, a so-called "monster" race. Your people have been harassed and hunted like animals. You were forced from your homelands by the malevolent Vamwe, so-called "common races." You and your people endured great hardships as they were chased further and further away from their homeland, and deeper and deeper into more and more marginal land. Ten years ago, the Wild King - a goliath barbarian of great renown - united the Mahara of all races under a single banner. Coalescing in and around the impregnable Bronzelight Marsh, the Mahara believed they had found freedom and safety. For a time, the monster races were truly free...

Then the adventurers came. Band after band, party after party, group after group... Their unrelenting might whittled the defenses of the Mahara down until the Wild King had no choice but to gather his people up and sail for unknown shores. Your people come from a northern land, a land known for its long, hard winters and short, wet summers. The lands of the Renje are the opposite. The Renje is an unrelentingly hot desert with long, summers and a short, viciously rainy monsoon season. Yet the Vamwe are not to be found in the Renje and for that, the ancestors and spirits must be praised! In a defensible valley, the town of Reddawn was created. From this settlement shall spring forth a new homeland for the Mahara! A homeland of peace, prosperity and freedom!

Yet the Mahara are not the only ones to call the Renje home. Vile Kruthiks stalk the ashen wastelands around Mount Umberburn; Bluespawn Stormlizards stampede across the Stormfeast Plateau; far to the south, hulking chuul haunt the Bloodsorrow Lakes; while elementals roam around the Dreamingchain Vale. The Wild King requires the aid of heroes to tame this land and make it safe for all Mahara. You are one such hero and your journey begins today...

Spoiler: The Big 16
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)? D&D 4th Edition

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)? Exploration and adventure in a perilous land fraught with many dangers.

3.How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many? 4 or 5, maybe 6.

4.What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)? GitP forums.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)? Level 3

6.How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

1x Level 3 magic item
    1x Level 2 magic item
    1x Level 4 magic item
    and enough gold to purchase of a level 2 item.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes? All 4E classes are legal (Original-style and Essential-style classes are fine).

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? You may be any legal 4th edition race EXCEPT Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings and Gnomes.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points? Standard point buy for 4E.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so? Don't be "for the lulz" evil

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? Yes, as per the normal rules.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? Roll on the forums.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules. Character Themes and Backgrounds will be used. We will use the Fixed Enhancement Bonuses from Dark Sun.

Play By Post is amazing as it allows people who cannot join together at a singular time to actually game together. However, the format does have a number of unique problems, specifically with Immediate interrupts and reactions. Combat is already slow but if we have to wait on people to perform Immediate interrupts/reactions and, worse, backtrack to accommodate those actions, it can make combats (and the game more generally) ultra messy and difficult to follow. So with that in mind, I would like to minimize the number of Immediate interrupts/reactions players have to the barest minimum (preferably none, if possible but I know that might be difficult for some classes). I am totally willing to swap things around and accomodate you if you have an idea for a replacement ability or a way to fix the immediate interrupt/reaction. :)

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)? Tell me about your character and their people. Is your clan or tribe large or small? How did they come to join the Wild King? Did they join the Muhara early or did they come seeking aide shortly before the Wild King set sail? Which of the common races were your people's primary enemy? Who were they and why did they fight your people? Was your character a leader of his people? Well respected? Reviled? Was your character just a member of the clan or tribe who happened to rise to the challenge set before them?

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above? A mix.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters? Any official 4th edition material is fine. I own most of the books.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2019-09-17 at 03:09 PM.
    DMing:
    The Hammer of the Barren Coast - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Axe of the Burning Desert - IC / OOC / Doc

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OOC: The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

Mistletoe, taken by fire, cremator of roots primeval, speaking in red

"The journey shall be made."

That is a mighty fancy tracker you got there, Felhammer sir. You may want to either lock the calculated cells (if you haven't already) or give them a separate color so people don't edit them, accidentally or because of not understanding the tracker (seen my fair share of stuff happening in the past).

Should we post wishlists for items?

Is the "Current HP" box actually meant for THP since it is lacking a formula?

Anyway, I entered my values and took the liberty of putting a hyperlink onto Mistletoe's name in the combat sheet to her character sheet for quick access. Also, if anyone is attacking a target with an AC bonus/penalty, you will need to decrease/increase (respectively) your attack roll by that amount to simulate the effect of it, since we can't (temporarily) alter the monster's stats.

edit: Also, do we get a free Expertise and Defense feat?
    Last edited by Ridai; 2019-09-16 at 03:11 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    Mistletoe, taken by fire, cremator of roots primeval, speaking in red

"The journey shall be made."

That is a mighty fancy tracker you got there, Felhammer sir. You may want to either lock the calculated cells (if you haven't already) or give them a separate color so people don't edit them, accidentally or because of not understanding the tracker (seen my fair share of stuff happening in the past).

Should we post wishlists for items?

Is the "Current HP" box actually meant for THP since it is lacking a formula?

Anyway, I entered my values and took the liberty of putting a hyperlink onto Mistletoe's name in the combat sheet to her character sheet for quick access. Also, if anyone is attacking a target with an AC bonus/penalty, you will need to decrease/increase (respectively) your attack roll by that amount to simulate the effect of it, since we can't (temporarily) alter the monster's stats.

edit: Also, do we get a free Expertise and Defense feat?
    I have been using Google Sheets since 2011 and I have never seen anyone actually cheat. Still, if you have seen it, it makes me a bit leery. I will go ahead and lock those portions of the doc down :)

I was copy/pasting the sheet as I was changing color this morning. Looks like I copied a broken row. All fixed now :)

I wanted to hear everyone's opinion of free expertise/Defense feat. I will add that to what people should post their first time. :)

I added a section for Wish Lists.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2019-09-16 at 04:14 PM.
    DMing:

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Grulgar And he'll speak in Green

Backstory

Grulgar wasn't always a Priest, in fact, he was once just a fairly normal warrior alongside all of his Goblinoid brethren, doing their best to push back against the Vamwe "adventurers". During one of these fights, a slaughter really, Grulgar was the only one left alive, probably becuase he had been knocked into a ditch and the Adventurers had been sloppy. He heard a strange voice calling him from further into the forest, and he managed to pull himself out of the ditch and into an idyllic clearing.

There, he found Sunshard, a curved blade stabbed into the earth and glowing like the sun itself. Grulgar picked up this blade and, after doing his best to bury his brothers, he headed home. The adventurers had been slow, and had only just gotten to his village by the time he arrived. As they began engaging the guards of the village, Grulgar came in, his sword glowing brighter just before he slammed it into one of them, releasing an explosion of light. The fight ended quickly after that, with the Vamwe beingslaughtered and their gear given to the families of the fallen warriors. Grulgar was celebrated, but he couldn't seem to enjoy it. He could still hear the voice.

Sadly, they had to leave their home in the North and head South, Grulgar helping to make sure his village made the journey in good order. One they landed upon Renje, the voice became louder, so loud that Grulgar could understand the words it was telling him. It told him of this new world they were in, of some of the dangers, of the desert and how it would be their home.

The Sun Spoke.

It was hard for Grulgar to wrap his mind around this, to fully realize that the Sun spoke to him. But as the days moved on, and it proved right again and again, he began heeding it. He changed his dress to match what it recommended. No more tight clothes, now he wore loose trousers, and a light linened cloak, without a shirt. He modified his armor to allow him to better breathe, making it shine to reflect the sun, he got himself new boots, soft and light brown to better walk on the hot sand.

In a short time, he had almost changed completely, in both clothes and body. His fur had turned from a mudy brown to a stark white, and his eyes had darkened considerably, now they were almost black. He had made the change to the dessert, and he would tell his people of it.

Most of his tribe didn't like what they heard. They had come here so that they could live as they had before, just in peace. Being told that they would have to change nearly all of their customs and clothing was too much for most, and so they didn't listen to him. But the younger ones did.

Some younger goblinoids, and a handful of the older ones, followed Grulgar, who they called Sunspeaker, and they left their old tribe and founded a new one. They made their home as The Sun instructed, in the base of a Mesa near a small river that would flood its banks in the rainy season and give them good planting grounds and that wasn't too far from Reddawn. The tribe chose a leader, Krunik Half-Tusk, and they began to find a new normal for themselves and Grulgar began teaching other members of the tribe the way of the Sunspeaker.

Eventually, The Sun spoke once more to Grulgar, telling him that he should leave his growing tribe nad head to Reddawn to help the others learn the ways of this new land, so that they may find their own peace. He told this to Krunik, who, while unhappy that his advisor and oracle would leave at such an important time for their new tribe, agreed. Grulgar left his best student, Ginta, behind to continue the work and he headed for Reddawn, the Sun watching over him.

Personality

Grulgar used to be your typical loudmouthed and gregarious warrior, constantly drinking and fighting in his tribe as was expected. His personality has done a 180 since becoming Sunspeaker. He is much more quiet and withdrawn, speaking less than he used too, but a smile is rarely far from his face. Where many others see this land as a vicous beast they must fight, he sees it for all of its natural beauty, and for the safe shelter that it can give them.

He wishes to show what he sees to others, if only they would choose to see it.

Tribe Stats

The Sunwalkers number only a bit over 200 currently, though their Parent Tribe, the Pine Wolves, number at nearly 2000 even after the split. They are small in number but they adapted quickly to this land, choosing to throw away everything that wouldn't work in this new land and rapidly developing their own answers to the challenges of this land. They fail as often as they succeed, but they go about their experimentation carefully, being sure that they can try again if they need too.

The Wolves joined the Wild King early on, being more than happy to engage with the Vamwe, considering they ran into them fairly often. The dwarves of those Northern climes where their greatest foe, constantly believing that the Wolves held the secret to some great treasure or that they were going to sweep in and butcher them in their sleep. Where they got this idea, noone knows, but the wolves till despise them to this day.

The Sunwalkers, however, have moved past this. They haven't forgotten of course, but they have very different problems and focusing on hating past enemies, who are much further away now, is a waste of energy. They focus their ire on the vicious animals that come towards their new settlement.

Math Fixing: I vote yes.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2019-09-16 at 05:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Gorvak of the Wind-Runners (background included in sheet).

Gorvak will speak in Dim Grey. Edit: Upon further consideration, the dim grey was difficult to differentiate from black, so I'll use Goldenrod instead.

Overall, I'm neutral to the idea of math-fix feats for free. I figure most people would eventually take them on their own anyway, but it is kind of nice to be able to pick other feats instead. I've already got an expertise feat in mind that I'd planned on taking next level, but if I get it now, that's cool too. I'd have to think about the defense feat, but it wouldn't be that hard to pick one if you want to go with one now.

Thanks for running two games so that everyone can participate! I'm looking forward to this. I did join the discord channel, but I doubt I'll be on it much.

I'll need to give some thought before adding items to Gorvak's wishlist, but I think I've got the stats tab filled in.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2019-09-18 at 12:38 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felhammer View Post
    I have been using Google Sheets since 2011 and I have never seen anyone actually cheat. Still, if you have seen it, it makes me a bit leery. I will go ahead and lock those portions of the doc down :)
    Oh no, I don't mean cheating. I mean accidentally typing in cells that have a formula, or manually updating the damage total of an enemy because they don't remember/realize that it gets totaled automatically. Human error leading to formulae going poof. I don't think I have ever had an instance of cheating.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Sss'nock, Avenger of the People

Sss'nock will speak in Dark Blue.

I think because it is literally a fix to the math that WotC was too lazy to patch directly, I am in favor of free "math fix" feats.
    Particularly since my poor hybrid needs all the help it can get!
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed:

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Seems like everyone wants math fixing feats, so let's do it!

Quote Originally Posted by dariathalon View Post
    Thanks for running two games so that everyone can participate! I'm looking forward to this. I did join the discord channel, but I doubt I'll be on it much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    Oh no, I don't mean cheating. I mean accidentally typing in cells that have a formula, or manually updating the damage total of an enemy because they don't remember/realize that it gets totaled automatically. Human error leading to formulae going poof. I don't think I have ever had an instance of cheating.
    Oh, gotchya. Yeah makes sense. All the important bits are now protected :)
    DMing:

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Math fixing feats have been applied and battle sheet updated with new stats!
    Took Spear Expertise and Improved Defenses, so nothing too fancy here.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

I've got the math fixing feats applied now. I went with flail expertise and lightning reflexes.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I wish WotC would have just given everyone +1 per tier to their attacks and non-AC defenses and called it a day. They replaced entire skills and how monster stats are calculated at some point, so I don't know why they didn't just patch that in. Even the first instances of the Expertise/defense feats were way more powerful than anything else you could take (at the very least starting Paragon) and they only made them more powerful and versatile without making the other feats as powerful. Really makes them boring no-brainer choices because why would you not take them, but they take up two feat slots normally that could be spent on more fun/thematic feats. Mistletoe still is in the housekeeping phase of picking feats though, sadly, Unarmored Agility being pretty much mandatory for sorcerers if they don't want abysmal AC, and Superior Implement helping me do the one thing that Mistletoe does.

Anyway, Mistletoe now has War Wizard's Expertise and Improved Defenses. Should help with emergency situations/calculated risks where Mistletoe may need to aim an Ignition with a party member in it. Though, realistically, I would only attempt this if Gorvak was in the AoE, given his Fortitude defense and Fire resist. The others are still at a 50/50 even after the -5 from War Wizard's Expertise, and they also don't really have the HP to casually tank the full brunt of 1d10+10 fire damage.

edit: Oh yeah, quick overview about Mistletoe in combat. She is heavy artillery, hosing everything down with a whole lot of damage every round. She can do Area 1 bombings that also lay down a fire carpet that probably will be mostly taken in stride by most monsters, but effectively prevents minions from going through (unless they want to pop instantly), or she does even more damage with her single target fire bolts. Add Elemental Escalation twice per encounter so she suddenly blasts two targets with even more damage, or does creatively aimed amplified carpet bombings. Outside of that, she can grant reposition an ally with flight, grants a tiny bit of THP before she retaliates against an offending enemy with extreme prejudice, and currently has some emergency healing/defenses for an ally when she APs. Ideally, Mistletoe will use her flight and tiny size to plant herself somewhere melee enemies can't get while having cover from ranged and just proceed to blast the battlefield.

A Shimmering cloth armor would have been great, since all of Mistletoe's offense is ranged or Area, but having a Frost dagger and Bracers of the Perfect Shot were too important. Elementalist sadly gives the character nothing to deal with resistances and immunities, so on-demand damage conversion is mandatory, as is more damage, as the group's primary Striker.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2019-09-17 at 05:00 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah WotC errataed the heck out of this game, sometimes on an almost weekly basis. Super weird that they never just gave everyone +1 per tier. I mean that is, effectively, what they wound up doing in 5th edition with Proficiency.
    DMing:

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

DMing:

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Nabbed Improved Defenses and Versatile Expertise. Short and sweet.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

I expect that sss'nock will tend to be in the middle of the fighting, both due to his short range and the fact most of his powers rely on getting two adjacent enemies to attack each other.

Speaking of which, I don't think most of sss'nock's powers will be hard to adjudicate - there is a daily power as a reaction that stabs someone who missed him in melee - which I can handle in the following round of posting.

However, his two encounter powers are a little weird. One lets him divert the next attack against him to an adjacent enemy - doesn't work on areas powers alas or mistletoe could just light him up once a fight without worry. That one I suspect can just be handled as a buff that I can mark on sss'nock in the combat tracker, and then hopefully felhammer will remember to apply the attack to the bad guy if applicable (sadly can't make the attacker hit themselves).

The other one forces an enemy to attack another enemy, and if the attack hits both of them are dazed. So that's basically an enemy attack roll in the middle of sss'nock's turn. What's the best way to handle that? I could add a dice roll for that free attack in my post, or just poke felhammer to cover it during the bad guy turn. Or I could pick another power I suppose, but I like the theme of sss'nock getting his enemies to fight each other.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre View Post
    The other one forces an enemy to attack another enemy, and if the attack hits both of them are dazed. So that's basically an enemy attack roll in the middle of sss'nock's turn. What's the best way to handle that? I could add a dice roll for that free attack in my post, or just poke felhammer to cover it during the bad guy turn. Or I could pick another power I suppose, but I like the theme of sss'nock getting his enemies to fight each other.
    Without Felhammer revealing enemy attack stats, there is no way to resolve that power by yourself. It's pretty much like an immediate power on the DM's side of things, with all the problems that comes with in PbP.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2019-09-18 at 10:10 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I can roll a straight d20. Less than 8 is almost certainly a miss given 4e math, more than 12 is probably a hit, and in the middle there is where it becomes questionable.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Yeah that's tricky to deal with, even if you can make an assumption about whether it hits, knowing what to do about damage would likely fall back on th DM.

Quick question on the IC events, by saying this is his third wife, is that the most recent of a succession of dead or divorced wives, or the third of a polygamous group of wives? I could ask IC, but figured my character would probably be able to guess from context and a greater understanding of the society than I have.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah Possessing Spirits is less than ideal for PbP since it requires me to, at the very least, see if it hits and roll damage. Worse still, since it causes the Dazed condition on two enemies, it means we do have to wait to see if it works or not because they grant everyone a +2 to hit them (which is important for the other players' actions). We can give it a shot and see how it works out but my feelings are that that power will be problematic. :(

Deflecting Thunder is fine since I can just handle it on my end when I go to attack. We will just need to make a note that you activated the power :)

Quote Originally Posted by dariathalon View Post

Quick question on the IC events, by saying this is his third wife, is that the most recent of a succession of dead or divorced wives, or the third of a polygamous group of wives? I could ask IC, but figured my character would probably be able to guess from context and a greater understanding of the society than I have.
    For him, polygamous.
    DMing:

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Easy enough to fix - I'll go see what the other seeker powers are. I may want to swap out deflecting thunder as well though due to the hybrid issue of needing to have 1 power from each half, so i may find a good level 3 seeker power which means the level 3 avenger power had to go and be a level 1 power instead. . Apologies for that, the possessing power just looked like fun but I should have considered the out of turn implications ahead of time. Oh well, that's why I brought it up now rather than the middle of the first fight.

Edit: Power replaced with another 1st level Seeker power. Should be good to go now!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2019-09-18 at 09:10 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre View Post
    Easy enough to fix - I'll go see what the other seeker powers are. I may want to swap out deflecting thunder as well though due to the hybrid issue of needing to have 1 power from each half, so i may find a good level 3 seeker power which means the level 3 avenger power had to go and be a level 1 power instead. . Apologies for that, the possessing power just looked like fun but I should have considered the out of turn implications ahead of time. Oh well, that's why I brought it up now rather than the middle of the first fight.

Edit: Power replaced with another 1st level Seeker power. Should be good to go now!
    Thank you for being a sport about this :)
    DMing:

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

I'm not sure if you wanted downed enemies removed from the map, so I went ahead and showed where I slid the blue crab, in case he somehow manages to get back up or something.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah when an enemy is downed, just remove it from the map. :)
    DMing:

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Wait...why is the sheet saying Grulgar took damage? The Crab didn't beat his Fort.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

My guess is that the defenses were checked on the tracker, not on the sheets. You didn't enter your defenses on the tracker, hence it checked against 0, resulting in a hit. I noticed because you had the damage and were listed as dead, so I added the defenses, HP etc to the tracker.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Ah ha! That would explain it, thank you much. Knew I was forgetting something
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

(1d100)[90]
    DMing:

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

As a note felhammer I think you have another green crab to work with. Sss'nock attacked green crab #4 with inevitable shot but missed according to the tracker. Yet in the map it got removed. Not sure if someone else attacked it or not. Sss'nock did hit and kill green crab #1, which I did remove from the map.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

I was wondering about that as well but have not had a chance to check the logs and see what happened to it. If it is alive, then we will say it just shifted and burrowed :)
    DMing:

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Aaaand that is a crit against Red Crab 2. The attack's damage gets maximized to 40, adding the (1d6)[6] crit damage from Mistletoe's +1 dagger.

I am slightly terrified.