New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: ACExtravaganza's and UselessBlob's The Haunting IC

Spoiler
    Show
    "It's... odd to say the least. There should be something about the Chapel of Contemplation, even if it's just an announcement of when it opened."
    Idea
    (1d100)[62]
    Spot Hidden
    (1d100)[96]

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Evan Grant
    Show
    Lois nods in confirmation, "Well then wadda ya' want to do next?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I rolled under my Intelligence score (70), was that enough?

"The Chapel closed not too long ago. It might still be standing, though after nine years I wouldn't be surprised if it was bought by someone else and demolished, or refurbished for a different church. Let's go to City Hall and look for more information about it."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    Indeed. In the future, if I offer such a thing, I trust that you will not open a spoiler unless you were successful and that you can compare your stats yourself.
    ----

Lois nods, "Seems like a right choice." The two of you depart the library and instead venture towards the the Hall of Records.

Boston, 2:50 PM, Tuesday, November 1st, 1921

You eventually make it to the Hall of Records after a bit of a walk. Miss Jenkins waves to you, happy to see the two of you again, as she asks, "Ah, hello again, how can I help ya'?"

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I just didn't know if there was anything else I needed for an Idea roll, geez. It's not like I make attribute-based rolls that often.

"I'm looking for records pertaining to the Chapel of Contemplation, which I believe should be in the Religious Building section, correct?"

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by UselessBlob View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I just didn't know if there was anything else I needed for an Idea roll, geez. It's not like I make attribute-based rolls that often.
    Show
    Sorry, I didn't mean that to be accusatory in any way. It was more me just laying out how I might format rolls. I most certainly had no intention of insulting you or anything like that, so I'm sorry if it came across in that way (text is weird).
    ----

Leslie nods, "They should be on Row H"
    Lois whispers to you, "Always helpful ta' make friends with clerks and whatnot, they know their way 'round." Thus you head off and begin to inestigate the city's files on the Church of Contemplation.
    ----

Please give me a Library Use roll.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I think it was your use of "I trust". It made you sound passive aggressive. Do I get a bonus die here? I'll roll it just in case.
    (1d100)[87]
    (1d10)[1]

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    Hmmm... I see what you mean. I deeply apologize, that was not at all how I intended that to be interpreted. Also, yes, you do get a bonus die from Lois' assistance.
    ----

Boston, 4:32 PM, Tuesday, November 1st, 1921

After searching for a while it seems that you've come up with the facts. The church apparently emerged in the early 1800's but established itself as a "Nondemoninational Church" in 1818. Other than that, however, it's strange, almost like there's no evidence of anything actually happening to it, with one singular exception. You manage to dig through enough files and eventually uncover a small scrap of paper concerning the church in 1912, the same year as its closure. However all it contains is a case number: 359. Lois suddenly rushes off, and returns with a confused but interested Miss Jenkins. "'Ey, where're all the legal files, n' cases?"
    Immediately it's a rush to Row D. However, despite your search through the mess all you manage to uncover is a singular appearance docket.

Spoiler: Successful Law Roll
    Show
    You happen to remember reading once that the "-R" end of a report is in reference to a "Raid."

Miss Jenkins looks rather surprised, "Well, this's strange, ya' know, we don't really hold anythin' bout crimes n' whatnot, anythin' like that'd be handled by tha' courts over near the station."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I try to grab someone's attention, preferably someone who looks like they'll be able to assist me and not run off in half a second.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Felix Autumn
    Show
    You quickly head over to a receptionist. A woman with a done-up bun looks back at you, and smiles "Hello, how may I help you?" You see that she has a decently-sized pile of work on her desk, but she's more than willing to help out with what you need (albeit hopefully brief).

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Dr. Grant is truly intrigued now. "This is truly strange. This building had been standing for nearly a century, yet there are no records of repairs or renovations, not so much as a toilet. Either the Church has been unnaturally lucky or there are records missing." He looks closer at the document. We have some new leads, at least. We need to find this report at the police station and ask around about this Pasrod Michael Thomas person." With that, Dr. Grant wrote down the case number on a napkin he found in his pocket and ran excitedly to the police station.

Law
    (1d100)[55]

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    Miss Jenkins waves good-bye, happy to have helped such a kind group of people. "Let's go doc!"

Boston, 4:48 PM, Tuesday, November 1st, 1921

You head in to the police station, a rather intimidating force to be honest with you. A myriad of police officers fill out papers, take calls, and prepare to depart. Meanwhile, you're standing in the mix of all of this as Lois looks around shiftily. "Huh, rather busy, eh?" You do notice, though, a desk sergeant sorting through papers and dutifully calling individuals to help them with whatever they need. You have a sudden flashback to Arnoldsberg, but at least it's evident why the Boston Police Department would be so busy.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    When Dr. Grant eventually manages to get an audience with the desk sergeant, he shows him the case number and asks whether he could see the files pertaining to that particular case.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    The officer looks towards the doctor with a raised eyebrow. "Sorry sir, I'm afraid I cannot just let anyone access such things. These are classified documents you're requesting, see?" She shrugs, hoping you'll understand. "Is there anything else I can help you with, sir?"
    ----

Please give me a Law roll.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Not that it matters in this case, since my Law is 5, but would I get a bonus die here?
    (1d100)[33]

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    Sure, I'll offer you a bonus die on this one to represent Lois' presence. You're right that it probably wouldn't matter, but hey, you never know.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Would it count as zero if I rolled a ten, since there's no going above a hundred?
    (1d10)[1]

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    Exactly!
    ----

Sadly you're not entirely sure what to do here, you could try convincing them, but that didn't seem to work last time. Lois however does pipe up, "Ya' know, I've seen the professeh's lectures. He's a darn good orator, maybe we could find 'im and have 'im try n' speak to them?"

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Dr. Grant sighs."You're right. Convincing people is not my area of expertise." He tells the sergeant that he'll be back later, and goes to the Globe to find Autumn.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    Zing now waits for ACE to make progress on his end.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hello, I'm doing some research on the property at 20 Sheafe Street in Copp's Hill, I was wondering if your records might have any information on the property? If there's time, I wouldn't mind looking for information on the Chapel of Contemplation as well. Do you think you can help me with this task?

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    Spoiler: Successful Psychology Roll
    Show
    You notice a slight tick - a grimace, almost like the receptionist is... disgusted? Fearful? Sad? You can't quite place it exactly.
    Spoiler: Hard Success
    Show
    Whatever it is, it seems clear that she is not a fan of the subject of her next sentence.

She nods, "You'll wanna speak with Arty Wimot, editor in charge of tha' archives, 'is offices are on the above floor n' take left after the stairs. Ya' shouldn't miss 'im."
    She then gestures towards the flight of stairs leading upwards.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    psychology (1d100)[54]
    Thank-you for your time, ma'am. Felix proceeds up the stairs.
    Last edited by ACExtravaganza; 2019-11-02 at 02:56 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    Navigating the long rows of typists and secretaries running about is challenging, but you eventually make it up to the next floor.
    You realize there's quite a bit of construction going on on this floor, ladders and painters are practically an aspect of the furniture, which the workers easily navigate under and around. Eventually, you find yourself in front of a small but sizable office.
    A rotund man leans back in his chair and lights a cigarette as you enter. "So, look wat the cat dragged in: a real, Mrs. Grundy, eh? (read: someone who appears to be rather uptight or straight-laced) Wadda ya' want wit' dear old Arty Wilmot?" The man places special emphasis on the last couple of words, feigning naivete and innocence (not of any crime, just general innocence).