The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 60
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    d6 [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    The Hammer of the Barren Coast



    The Mahara left their old homeland and courageously ventured into the unknown. The seas were choppy and ridden with storms. Many ships were lost to the unrelenting waves and the attacks by vile sea monsters. As the Mahara neared the coast of the lost continent of Renje, the wild folk’s ships ran aground on rocky reefs hidden just beneath the water’s surface. The King Among Wild Folk braved the blade-like reef and the crashing waves to be the first amongst his people to step foot on their new homeland. He dubbed this land Daggerblood, after the peninsula’s knife-like shape and the rust colored earth that covered it. The King sent many scouts out to explore the continent, commanding them to head in all directions for a week, then return to report back what they have learned of the neighboring lands. While his scouts sallied forth, the Wild King set up his Yurt atop the tallest hillock on the peninsula.


    That was a week ago. The Wild King’s yurt is now surrounded by a sea of other yurts and tents. The wild folk in the camp have come to call this place Reddawn and speak of how it will become the center of Maharan culture on this continent. Govromm, Chieftain of one of the largest groups of Mahara who made the perilous journey south to Renje – the mighty Frosttoem Clan – grew disgruntled with the Wild King’s insistence upon “cowering” in the hills while they wait for the scouts to return. Following a loud shouting match between the King Among Wild Folk and Govromm, the latter lead his people off the Daggerblood Peninsula and north to a place along the newly christened River Courage. Thereupon the Chieftain founded the Camp Frostwatch. A second disgruntled chieftain – Gwaza – of the Bluesong Tribe also left Reddawn. Gwaza lead his blue dragonborn east, into the mountains that tower above the coastal lands.


    Many of the other clans, equally eager to explore the continent and establish their own communities, have grown impatient and wish to begin large-scale settlement of Renje as soon as possible. Yet the Wild King persists in his view that the Mahara must wait until they know of the dangers that lurk on this unknown continent. It has been two weeks since the Mahara came to Renje and only one scout has returned. He spoke of massive predatory lizards and gigantic flightless birds with razor sharp talons that dwell in the lands to the south. As the third week slowly approaches, none of the other scouts have returned. With each passing day, the clan leaders grow more and more dissatisfied with their current situation and persist in their desire to begin settling the land.

    During a grand meeting of all the clan leaders, the King Among Wild Folk reluctantly called forth several bands of fearless braves. You were one of these braves. He tasked you and your fellows with heading north along the coastline with the goal of finding the missing scouts and to survey the land for future settlement. After the meeting ended, and the clan leaders dispersed, the Wild King privately tasked you with delivering a sealed message to Chieftain Govromm, whose new camp lies betwixt Reddawn and the Barren Coast of the north. The King Among the Wild Folk stated that the Minotaur chieftain would - most likely - not like what was written in the letter. The King beseeched you to tread carefully around Govromm, for he was always quick to anger and slow to forgive.


    By the time the meeting had ended, night had fallen upon the land. You now find yourselves in a yurt that has come to be called the Melting Snow, which serves as one of the alehouses in Reddawn. The establishment is run by a buxom goliath named Hoaalohakupa'a. She is a sultry woman who raised in a traveling dwarven circus. While at the circus, she learned many languages and how to brew many kinds of alcohol. She escaped her captors and joined the Wild King many moons ago. Hoaalohakupa'a served as the King Among Wild Folk’s translator when dealing with the Vamwe, since she was fluent in all their tongues. With the Maharan exodus to Renje, her skillset became far less useful. She retired from the King’s tribal court and created the alehouse to give the Maraha a place to relax and leave their worries at the door flap. Scattered around the yurt are paintings of various snowy landscapes she had acquired after a raid on a particularly brutal and bloodthirsty Vamwe baron’s castle.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2019-09-17 at 03:09 PM.
    .
    DMing:
    The Hammer of the Barren Coast - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Axe of the Burning Desert - IC / OOC / Doc

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ridai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany (GMT +1)

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    Mistletoe is in her usual spot, a small teardrop-shaped basket-like structure, open to one side, with some padding in it, hanging from a ceiling beam. Out of the way of the tall folk's heads and horns. Sometimes she balls up in it when sleep does take her and she dreams of fire and ash, but right now, the pixie's legs dangle over the edge, leaned back in her little cocoon, quietly playing her lute. It has a surprisingly deep, rich sound for such a small instrument, and the melodies tend to be slow and entrancing. It is a mutually beneficial arrangement with Hoaalohakupa'a (or Loha, as Mistletoe calls her). Mistletoe's people are unnerved by her staying near them for long, even if they at times do their best not to push her away, so she needed some other place to stay, away from the burning sun. The goliath gets nearly free bardic services (and a very effective bouncer) when she is around, Mistletoe barely needing any water, food, and space, even though she does drink a lot for her kind. Not alcohol, no. The fey does not drink the poison the tall folk cannot go without. She only wants water, always feeling a thirst. Heat gathering towards the top of the yurt does not affect her much either, always feeling hot anyway. Loha gave her a spot with a nice view of the largest of the landscapes buried in snow, and the sight at least helps her remember the winter days in the home that was. Just leaning back, letting her mind and fingers on the strings wander, at times reaching for the water cup hanging nearby. Sometimes, her voice accompanies the melodies as well, but those times are rare.

    She will be away from this place for a while, heading out into the hateful wastes. Dealing with foolish tribes that could not await splintering away from the weakened trunk that is the surviving Mahara. Losing their homes, sailing across the furious sea, knowing nothing of this hateful new land, but already sowing strife. Mistletoe had not noticed these things for a while, too singlemindedly focused on protecting her kind and those near it, clinging to the prow in the whipping storms, throwing scalding steam and scorching flame against the creatures of the depths, and cracking their heated skulls with freezing fire hungrily devouring all warmth.

    The current melodies takes a break. The pixie emerges from her hanging cocoon, taking the empty water cup. Faint ethereal embers are seen as she descends softly, seeking to fetch new water from a covered pot that could almost be a well to her. She looks to her new companions. New souls to shelter in the effort of their people surviving. Mistletoe looks to Loha.

    "Any word from the north?" she asks, voice hoarse, as it often is, except in song. Or anger. The goliath hears much, and the pixie knows little about the minotaurs and the other tribes that broke away to the north.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    The lizardfolk that is seated in one of the closest seats to the cooking fire raises its head as the pixie descends to ask her question.
    At the motion the multi-hued shawl - made from hundreds of dragonfly wings sewn patiently together - draped about the lizardman's shoulders shimmers with reflected fire light.

    "If there were, what would be the purpose of our journey?"

    Sss'nock muses openly as he idly picks up another hunk of dried fish to gnaw on.
    There is no mug in front of him at all, as like Mistletoe the lizardman evidently prefers to keep his mind clear.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    Gorvak

    Gorvak sits at the table quietly, staring off into the distance. One large hand is wrapped around a large mug, the other has a thumb hooked into his belt next to his flail. He hadn't sipped from the mug in several minutes now. He'd been spacing off again; that much was typical.

    Somewhere in the back of his mind, the conversation registered, and he blinked his eyes, bringing himself back into the present. His round face opened into a big grin, showing several large shining teeth. "Probably still no word, but if there is anyone who would know it before the Wild King, it would be Hoaalohakupa'a." He winked at her as he said the woman's name, it rolled off his tongue much more naturally than it did for most. "But even if there is no word, perhaps a little wisdom about dealing with Govromm or his tribe. If we're to make contact with them, and there anywhere near as difficult to deal with as I've heard, that could help."
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2019-09-18 at 12:40 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    The goliath walks over to the group's table and sits down. She pours herself a tall glass of Vamwe beer taken from an earl's personal storehouse before the Mahara left their homeland. She looks into her cup, collecting her thoughts for a few moments before looking up and rather bluntly stating, Govromm is an idiot." She lets her statement hang in the air for a few passing heartbeats before continuing, "Govromm is a warrior through and through. He stood back to back with the Wild King against the humans, the elves and the dwarves. His loyalty to the cause and the Mahara is not up for debate but..." She sighs heavily, "Govromm IS an idiot." She downs her tall glass of beer and then continues, "He is a brash and arrogant fool who always thinks he knows best. This is not the first time he has defied our King but it is certainly the most open and brazen act of defiance I have ever heard of him committing."

    Hoaalohakupa'a pours a half glass of beer, then continues, "This entire display reeks of Govromm's third wife - Hunlossi. She never liked the Wild King and has a well known knack for melodrama. Behind her back, some call her Hunlossi the Human because of the way she breaks promises, burns bridges and throws her allies under the metaphorical wagon. She is a capricious and vile woman but... She, like her husband, is a competent warrior. I once saw her get into an honor duel with a goliath. It was only supposed to be a fight to first blood. The duel was well fought by both combatants. Hunlossi grew increasingly frustrated with the fact that she was not winning as quickly as she would have liked. Calling forth a deep strength, she body slammed the goliath onto a pile of freshly chopped firewood, then grabbed the goliath's head and slammed it into the wood again and again and again. It took fully four minotaurs to rip Hunlossi away from the goliath's broken and mangled corpse..." She downs her glass of beer and looks down at the table, not making eye contact with anyone else at the table. "Be careful. She is a beast not to be trifled with."
    .
    DMing:
    The Hammer of the Barren Coast - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Axe of the Burning Desert - IC / OOC / Doc

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ridai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany (GMT +1)

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    There is a flicker in the embers of Mistletoe's eyes, reflecting in her water cup as she grinds her teeth and sets down upon the table of the group with her cup. "Bloodthirsty conquerors and usurpers. They win wars, only to have what they won fall apart in their hands that only know to strangle and crush. Like the Vamwe." The pixie's voice is like a whisper, but the words cut, with the last one accompanied by almost a low, deep rumble. She takes a sip to douse the hateful flames a little, and looks to the group.

    "Silence will be my friend while among their tribe, for the sake of the peace. Their tempers flare easily. I do not want mine to do so in return." Mistletoe shows a slight bow, and takes another sip.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Blackhawk748's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tharggy, on Tellene
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    Grulgar

    Grulgar grunts at the information. He wasn't terribly surprised. Minotaurs had a tendency to be headstrong. He sipped his water, abstaining from the Vamwe Ale as he sat, thinking.

    "That woman sounds like a vindictive one. I would presume that she has some rather painful memories to make her so. Tis a shame that she feels the need to drag her husband down this path. Unity under the Sun is necessary now."
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

    My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland


    My Historical Stuff channel

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    Sss'nock hisses as their hostess provides a possible reason for Govromm's divisive behavior. Sss'nock needed no encouragement to dislike their task as it stood already; as he understood it Govromm had been one of those to argue against admitting the People to join the other Mahara within the Bronzelight Marsh. It was easy to understand his reasoning - the slightly less than three dozen half-starved lizardfolk that arrived at the Marsh had no material goods to offer, and while the journey had seen each lizardfolk who could grip a spear bloodied, only a few of them were trained warriors. Fortunately not all had seen them as a burden, but the concept that his people had almost been turned away at the edge of the promised land because they simply weren't strong enough still made Sss'nock's blood warm.

    "Let us deliver this letter to Govromm, and then let him deal with it as he pleases. Whether he likes it or not, his fate is bound with ours now, and we have more troubling issues than his ego. The missing scouts we must find."

    Sss'nock finally adds, struggling to keep the concern out of his voice. The mahara had all come here in the hopes of finding a new land to call home, but what lands were without the blight of the Vamwe? Surely mere beasts had not been able to detain all of the scouts from returning. And if not yet more Vamwe butchers waiting for them on this distant shore, then what?
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    Gorvak

    "His fate IS bound with ours, which is exactly why we need to make sure he listens to reason." Gorvak taps the table with a finger to add emphasis as he makes his point. "I don't know what the Wild King has to say to him, but I trust his judgement. And if Govromm won't like what he has to say, it is probably some commandment that is for the good of all Mahara, but may hurt Govromm's personal pride. If we just deliver the information and do what he wants, it could hurt us all."

    He takes a long swig from his drink. "But still, I agree with your point that finding the missing scouts may be a more important part of the task. The Wild King may never move us from this site if we don't locate them. Though there is little helpful information here on that vein of our mission."

    He turns back to their hostess, "It sounds like this Hunlossi deserves the worst this world and the next have to offer. If she is the third wife, perhaps the first and second can pressure Govromm against her whims. Do you know anything of these women?"

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ridai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany (GMT +1)

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    Quote Originally Posted by dariathalon View Post
    "If we just deliver the information and do what he wants, it could hurt us all."
    "Or the fragile ego and its harpy take opposition as reason to begin aggressions against the king to satisfy their need for superiority. It took only a week for the Mahara to splinter after escaping extinction together, so I expect little good to happen no matter what we do without changing their ways. Less time wasted on them is more spent on work to help the people." Mistletoe will never understand this incessant need, this craving for politics and posturing of the tall folk. Why do they feel the need to devour each other when everything around them already wants to do so. When most of their people are already gone. She does not know how the final days on the land they left behind were for them, but she is slowly dreading that they were as unable to stand together then as they are now.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2019-09-19 at 07:24 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    "Chatsi is Govromm's second wife. She is known as the Lifebringer, for she has brought twelve calves into the world. She cares for her young, and the young of the tribe more generally, for more than she cares for politics." Hoaalohakupa continues as she pours a second round for everyone, "Govromm's first wife is Yamka. She has only birthed one calf - Kuvrun. He is a capable warrior and is said to be the next Chief of the tribe, if and when Govromm passes. Yamka was blinded by elven magic shortly after giving birth to Kuvrun. She now lives as a blind mystic who spends her time interpreting the signs of her fortune bones and "seeing" futures in fire. She lives away from the tribe, and is only sought out when Govromm wants to divine something."
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2019-09-20 at 12:53 AM.
    .
    DMing:
    The Hammer of the Barren Coast - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Axe of the Burning Desert - IC / OOC / Doc

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ridai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany (GMT +1)

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    One can hope that the many children are not poisoned by the idiots. This Yamka divining from fire... it does not bode well, but there is also a little stray throught about what she may see in the flames of a taken. Mistletoe finishes her cup of water.

    "The heat lurks." The pixie hops off the table, and soon returns with her pack and her dark clothes. She still loathes the outside in this land during the day, but she wants this delivery to be over so they can look for the scouts... and do scouting themselves, still hoping for a new home for her kind.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    Gorvak

    "Thanks Hoaalohakupa'a, that information could be helpful in dealing with these idiots. May the all-father guide my hand in dealing with them,"
    Gorvak said while shaking his head sadly.

    He begins to rise. "It seems as though my companions are eager to leave for our mission. I suppose I agree, when the scout's lives may be on the line, it is best we get going soon." He grabs his pack that was sitting on the ground next to his chair. "Shall we?" he asks his companions.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    The parthy gathers their belongings and heads out of the tavern. It is the wee early morning. The sun has not yet crested the eastern mountains yet. A dim light blankest the land, giving the desert a soft pink-ish-red hue. The band of braves heads south, around the path leading to Reddawn and down to the coastline of the Blooddagger peninsula. The sun has just barely risen above the eastern mountains now, the temperature steadily rising with each passing minute. Once the party is about five miles away from the capital, they find themselves near a patchy part of land where sandbars rise just barely above the water's surface. The shallows are home to many small fish and crustaceans. As the braves march down the coast, Sss'nock notices several unnatural mounds of sand. Before he can investigate, several large blue and green crabs burst forth from the earth and charge at the party!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Blue Crab attacks first, then the party, then the Green Crabs!

    The Blue Crab bursts forth from under the earth and spits out a blast of cold air in all directions!

    Blue Crab Ocean Spray v Gv's Fort: (1d20+5)[21]
    Blue Crab Ocean Spray v Gg's Fort: (1d20+5)[12]
    Blue Crab Ocean Spray v Mt's Fort: (1d20+5)[15]
    Blue Crab Ocean Spray v Sn's Fort: (1d20+5)[12]

    Hit: Damage - (1d6+3)[7]

    The party is now up!

    .
    DMing:
    The Hammer of the Barren Coast - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Axe of the Burning Desert - IC / OOC / Doc

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    Sss'nock nods at their hostess, gesturing to the dried fish.

    "My thanksss for the well-cooked meal."

    The lizardfolk murmurs, struggling a little bit with pronouncing the "s" in the common tongue used by the Mahara.
    No doubt one of the reasons why some called him Sss'nake behind his back, as yet too afraid despite their disdain to call him that to his face.
    Perhaps Govromm will oblige him, not that it would solve anything.

    As they start to pack up to leave, Mistletoe says something that piques the lizardman's curiosity.

    "The heat lurksss?"

    Sss'nock repeats, hoping the pixie will provide more context for that statement but he does not press for information.
    He could only hope that the other members of this hunting pack will prove to be more loyal and supportive than Govromm has.

    ***************************

    As they near the unusual mounds of sand, despite their unusual surroundings something about the sight of them tickled Sss'nock's danger sense.
    But before he could do more than raise a hand to signal the group to stop, the mounds erupt in flying sand as large crabs leverage themselves out of hiding, surrounding the group!
    The nearest and perhaps largest one, with an unusual bright blue shell, spews a fine mist-like spray at the group that chills the air around it before they can react!
    Even from this distance, the cold sends Sss'nock's mind involuntarily back to that long lonely march, his people slowly falling all around him . . . so cold . . .

    Sss'nock snaps out of that reverie a moment later as he suddenly realizes that while he felt the cold, it did not last long enough to seriously affect him.
    Looking around, he can see a coating of frost on Gorvak and Grulgar's armor, but none of his nor Mistletoe's immediately in front of him.
    Did . . . did the fiery little pixie shield him with her body somehow?

    "The fire lurksss indeed."

    Sss'nock mutters as he hefts his trident, an odd-looking weapon featuring an upper and middle tine that are both broad and identical in appearance, but with the lower tine a slender blade held to the base of the weapon's head by a glob of soldered metal.
    This was a replacement tine Sss'nock had been forced to attach after an ambush by the Vamwe's Silverwind Trading Company had seen his weapon sundered, the lowest tine completely snapped off.
    He had replaced it using the slender blade of the ambush's leader, a halfling duelist and tracker that Sss'nock had skewered personally with the remainder of his weapon.
    There had been no time to reforge the weapon, and so he had been forced to make due with her blade - fortunately, it seemed that there had been some magic in the halfling's weapon of choice.
    Hopefully it would continue to serve its new master well.

    Whispering a magical prayer to the ancient spirits of the land, Sss'nock feels a skittering sensation travel up his arm into the body of his weapon, and then he launches it in a well-practiced throw towards the blue crab.
    As the trident comes near its target, the tip becomes coated in a layer of spectral venom, but the weapon skips harmlessly off the creature's thick shell.
    The spectral venom transforms into a cloud of flies that lift the trident back up into the air, arcing it towards the green crab further down the beach, but they are unable to generate enough lift before dissipating.
    The trident thunks uselessly into the sand a foot shy of the scuttling green crab as it finishes digging itself out, and then melts away into a swarm of green motes that rapidly fly back the way they came to collect around Sss'nock's hand, reforming into his trident.

    Growling in irritation at the beast's stubborn hide, Sss'nock hops backward and whirls, turning to face another of the green crabs as it shook the last of the sand off its back to the group's north.
    This time, his throw is dead-on, skewering the beast directly through the middle and splitting its shell in two.
    The lizardfolk gives a roar of victory as first blood is unleashed, the magical trident again melting away into magical motes to return and reform in his hand.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Minor: Draw Trident
    Standard: Attack Blue Crab with Spider Spirits
    To-Hit: (1d20+9)[13]
    Damage: (2d8+5)[15]
    Spoiler: If Blue Crab Missed
    Show

    Free Action: Activate Inevitable Shot to convert miss on Blue Crab into a new ranged attack on Green Crab #4, using the Blue Crab's square as the origin point. Since Green Crab #4 is 3 squares away, this should be in normal range, but I'm not sure if using Inevitable Shot resets the range counter or if it still needs to be within 3/6 of Sss'nock. Since the text of the power specifically says to use the missed creature as the origin point, I'm assuming that counts for everything including range limits. Add -2 to this attack if you disagree Felhammer!
    Using Biting Swarm as a ranged basic attack for the Inevitable Shot re-direct to Green Crab #4
    To-Hit: (1d20+9)[14]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[11]
    Hit: Green Crab #4 suffers a -2 penalty to-hit until the start of Sss'nock's next turn


    Free Effect: Because Sss'nock's trident is a magical throwing weapon, it immediately returns to his hand after the attack is complete.

    Move: Use Sidestep Racial Encounter Power. Sss'nock shifts 1 square north from H12 to H11, and then makes a ranged basic attack (using Biting Swarm as ranged basic) vs. Green Crab #1
    To-Hit: (1d20+9)[29]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[8]
    Hit: Green Crab #1 suffers a -2 penalty to-hit until the start of Sss'nock's next turn

    Free Effect: Because Sss'nock's trident is a magical throwing weapon, it immediately returns to his hand after the attack is complete.

    Last edited by Inspectre; 2019-09-22 at 09:46 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    Gorvak

    Gorvak is taken almost completely by surprise. He'd seen Sss'nock raise a hand out of the corner of his eye, but it had hardly even registered that there might be danger when the attack began. He hadn't even turned around when he felt the icy mist blast into him. It felt like it cut directly through his heavy armor, chilling him right to the bone.

    Gorvak let out a growl as he pulled his flail free from the ring on his hip. He spun around, seeing the group had suddenly been surrounded by crabs. His eyes quickly landed on the blue crab that had injured him. Gorvak in only a few large, purposeful slides, Gorvak was next to the crab. His mouth moved in a silent prayer to the all-father, as his flail came swinging down on the crab. The blow cracks hard into crab's leg, the flails chains wrapping around it. Gorvak gives the flail a purposeful yank, pulling the crab's legs from beneath it, and leaving it lying over next to one of the green crabs. Gorvak lets out a grunt of satisfaction.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Minor: Draw weapon
    Move: to position shown on map.
    Standard: Attack BC1 with Ardent Strike. Attack - (1d20+10)[30] If hit, he'll take damage - (1d10+5)[8] (Edit: Make that [roll=critical damage]1d6+15[/roll]) and be subject to my divine sanction until the end of my next turn. And due to commanding vow and the staggering flail, I can slide him some, which I've noted on the map. As an additional side effect of the crit the slide is a little farther and he falls prone .
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2019-09-22 at 11:12 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    Gorvak

    (Oops, forgot I couldn't change the roll in the edit. Here's the crit roll.)
    critical damage - (1d6+15)[21]

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ridai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany (GMT +1)

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    Mistletoe
    HP 38/38, HS 9/9, AP 1
    Effects flight altitude 1


    Even this early, being outside is a miserable experience for Mistletoe, fluttering through the air alongside the group as tiny embers drift away from what is left of her wings. The scorching sun is not welcomed by the pixie, black cloth between her and the radiance, though the heat still finds a way, slowly, but surely. She feels feverish even when it is cold around her, she doesn't need more on top of what the fire within subjects her to. However, the pixie endures quietly. Useless complaints only fray others' minds.

    Thoughts of treading through the shore water cross Mistletoe's mind, but they are discarded soon. It would only slow the group down and the heat will return immediately as soon as she steps from the water. That or the water will boil, sooner or later. It doesn't keep her from glancing at the shoreline, though, and remember dangling her feet in streams of a forest long gone. The burst of earth and cold is almost welcome, but there is a sting and violence in it. The burst of air crashes against a flaring eruption of heat, Mistletoe wreathed in flames, glowing white-hot from within her chest and throat and eyes, wings and hair burning violently with the inner fire. Cold snapping at her allies. Cold coming from hateful creatures spawned by a hateful land.

    The beasts will burn.

    Quiet Mistletoe screams, overlaid by a much deeper roar of the fire, as her allies already move to kill the creatures. Hands grab the thin air and rip upwards with a snarl, at the same time the larger bush with the crab and mound behind it erupt in roaring flames, turning the crab to ash and leaving the very ground burning. With a small burst, Mistletoe flies back in an radiant arc, ending over one of the sand banks, where she sees oversees all. And raises her hands, red and yellow rising from them, small spasms shuddering through her fingers, one clutching what appears to be a scorched fang. Ready to incinerate everything that threatens them.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Standard Ignition, area 1 centered on D15, attacking every creature within (and perhaps whatever is hiding in the mound on D15)
    (1d20+7)[20] vs Green Crab 3's Fortitude
    Hit: (1d10+10)[20] fire damage
    Effect: Creates a zone in the attack area (C14-E16) until the start of Mistletoe's next turn. Every creature entering or ending its turn in the zone takes 3 fire damage. Creatures can take the damage only once per turn.

    Move Fly from H13 to N11 (altitude 1)
    Last edited by Ridai; 2019-09-23 at 10:08 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Blackhawk748's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tharggy, on Tellene
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    Grulgar

    Grulgar thanks their hostess before shouldering his small pack and walking out into the early morning. The Sun was not yet up, but he could feel the warmth as they progressed North. AS teh day advanced he tilted his head back and enjoyed the warmth coming from the great orb in the sky. It was good to be outside.

    Sadly his wonderful walk was interrupted by several giant crabs deciding that they wanted dinner. He disagreed.

    "It looks like we'll be having crab for lunch!"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Grulgar will use Righteous Brand on the crab, giving Sss'Nock a +3 on Melee attacks till the end of his next turn.

    Attack
    (1d20+10)[23]

    Damage
    (1d10+4)[8]
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

    My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland


    My Historical Stuff channel

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    With a few crabs felled, the remaining let out a thundering warcry. As they do, the unnatural looking mounds jostle and gyrate, then several more crabs come crawling out. One of the crabs is immediately felled by Mistletoe's fire. Two crabs come skittering out of the mound nearest Gorvak. They immediately set upon him. The mounds furthest from the party burst open like thick pimples, each revealing a gigantic, horse-sized crab! One of the crabs rushes towards Grulgar, desperately trying to protect the smaller green crab. The red crab spits on his claw, coating it in magical ice, then cannons his claw forward, right at Grulgar's face! The smaller green crab shifts away from the enemy and then burrows beneath the sand... Meanwhile the other giant red crustacean barrels out of his hole, lopes across the shallows with ease, then attempts to snap Sss'nock with both of his pincers!

    Spoiler
    Show

    RC1 snap both of its pincers on Sss'nock:
    --- (1d20+4)[23]
    --- Hit: (2d6+3)[5]
    --- (1d20+4)[23]
    --- Hit: (2d6+3)[6]

    RC2 charges Grulgar:
    --- (1d20+6)[16]
    ----- Hit: (3d8+3)[12] cold damage, the target is both marked and immobilized.
    ----- Miss: Half damage and target slowed until the end of the crab's next turn.

    BC3 spits magical cold at Gorvak
    --- (1d20+5)[8]
    ----- Hit: (1d6+3)[8] Cold Damage

    BC4 spits magical cold at Gorvak
    --- (1d20+5)[8]
    ----- Hit: (1d6+3)[4] Cold Damage

    GC2 shifts away from Grulgar and then burrows into the sand...


    .
    DMing:
    The Hammer of the Barren Coast - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Axe of the Burning Desert - IC / OOC / Doc

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    Gorvak

    Gorvak feels a brief chill from the attacks of the two crabs closest to him, but he quickly shakes off the effects. They're annoying enough to want to get rid of, but these new red crabs seemed like much bigger concern. Gorvak swings his flail in a wide arc around himself, trying to knock over the two smaller crabs, so he can make his way over to help Sss'nock, but one of the blue crabs bobs and scuttles just out of his flail's reach. The other one is hit solidly, cracking its exoskeleton, and sending it flying backwards in a heap of claws and segmented legs.

    Gorvak glares at the dodgy little bugger, but steps cautiously away from it over to the big boy. "Come on there, you look like a challenge enough for me. Care to take me on then?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Standard: Strength from Valor attacks all enemies in a close burst 1 vs. Fortitude.
    Attack on BC3 - (1d20+10)[13]
    Attack on BC4 - (1d20+10)[23]
    (could also attack any others if there are more in the mound under BC3, but I'll leave that to you to determine)
    Hit does Damage - (1d10+5)[10] and I gain 5 temp hp for each target hit. Not sure how you want temps listed on the spreadsheet, so I just listed them in positive effects for now.

    Move: Shift over to RC1

    Minor: Divine Challenge on RC1 (maintained by being adjacent)

    Last edited by dariathalon; 2019-09-24 at 05:28 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ridai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany (GMT +1)

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    Mistletoe
    HP 38/38, HS 9/9, AP 1
    Effects flight altitude 1


    The giant crabs emerging and attacking, harming the others only fuels Mistletoe's anger. Moving over the shallow water, air currents begin to rush around her tiny hands, the air flimmering, until she pushes them forward with another unnaturally deep roar, two jets of fire erupting from her little appendages. Seeing the pain Sss'nock is in results in the jets booming, becoming even bigger and more violent, aimed to consume the foul beasts, the pressure blasting water and sand away beneath the barely contained flames, steam hissing upwards. The pixie's allies feel the heat, but it does not burn them, with Sss'nock even feeling a soothing sensation, a bit of his pain leaving his body. Chaotic and violent as the enraged pixie may seem, she is far from uncontrolled madness.

    The fire slams into the crab before Sss'nock and Gorvak, making it stumble momentarily from the sheer force as its flesh burns and shell begins to crack. However, the crab before Grulgar fares much worse. The jet hitting it experiences another burst, engulfing the creature, not so much slamming into as crushing it, turning flesh to ash, blasting the rest apart or turning it into molten stinking slag, scattered across the sands behind where it stood.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move Fly from N11 to M7 (altitude 1)

    Free Shield of Devotion on Sss'nock, healing him for 3 4 HP (Mistletoe's Charisma modifier) and granting Mistletoe a +2 power bonus to her next attack roll against Red Crab 1

    Standard Elemental Bolt with Elemental Escalation, targeting Red Crab 2, and Red Crab 1 as an extra target. Mistletoe deals an extra d10 damage to both on hit.
    (1d20+10)[15] vs. Red Crab 1's Reflex
    Hit: (1d12+12)[20] + (1d10)[2] + (1d6)[1] fire damage

    (1d20+8)[28] vs. Red Crab 2's Reflex Edit: Critical Hit!
    Hit: (1d12+12)[17] + (1d10)[5] + (1d6)[3] 46 fire damage
    Last edited by Ridai; 2019-09-24 at 06:39 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    Sss'nock

    Sss'nock grunts in surprise as the horse-sized red crab hits him from the side, one claw snapping around his right thigh while the other one slides along his shoulder, trying to work itself around his neck.
    Moving quickly, Sss'nock manages to pull away from the claw on his shoulder, ducking under the claw's motion before it could try to snip his head off, and wedges the butt of his trident into the claw around his thigh to leverage it open and slide his leg out.
    The lizardman manages to limp clear of the giant crab just in time before a wave of fire washes over the beast and a second blast flash-cooks the other gigantic crab attacking Grulgar.
    The delicious smell of broiled crab spreads out from the second crab as it collapses to the ground a seared mess.
    Sss'nock grins as he shifts around the injured crab, the pain of his wounds fading slightly as a soothing warmth spreads through his body.

    "No Grulgar, today we feassst!"

    He shouts, stabbing his trident at the crab's side while muttering a prayer to the Many-Headed Mother to guide his weapon to a soft spot.
    His trident strikes true, breaking through the fire-weakened shell easily and skewering something vital inside as that crab also collapses.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Minor: Oath of Enmity on Red Crab #1
    Move: Shift one square to the south
    Standard: Overwhelming Strike on Red Crab #1 (Oath of Enmity triggers, allowing reroll. +3 To-Hit from Righteous Brand)
    To-Hit #1: (1d20+12)[24]
    To-Hit #2: (1d20+12)[28]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[13]
    Hit: Sss'nock shifts 1 square to the westnortheast, and slides the Red Crab #1 into the square he just occupied (i.e. 1 square west)

    Since that killed Red Crab #1, Oath of Enmity recharges. Sss'nock still shifts 1 square, although to the northeast instead since the crab is dead and there's no reason to cluster up with Grulgar now.
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2019-09-24 at 07:00 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Blackhawk748's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tharggy, on Tellene
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    Grulgar

    Grulgar feels the shard of ice shatter against his armor, however it also seems to create a thin layer of ice over him, slowing him down as the scales stick together. Muttering a prayer to the Sun under his breath, he trudges forward and points his blade at the nearest blue crab

    "May the Sun blind you!"

    A flash of light shoots out from his blade and envelopes the crab

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Using Sacred Flame

    (1d20+7)[16]

    Damage(1d6+3)[9]


    And Sss'nock gains 1 Temp HP
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

    My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland


    My Historical Stuff channel

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    With many of the crabs suddenly dead, the last remaining blue crustacean lets slip a mournful howl. Soon after, the ground shakes and the sea rumbles. First the two hidden green crabs burst out of the ground near Grulgar and Ss'nok! Then two more Red Crabs cannon out of the larger holes and charge Grulgar and Gorvak! Finally, a great whirlwind forms underneath the Mistletoe. Before the Pixie can react, a gigantic purple shelled crab rockets out of the sea and attacks the lizardfolk with terrifying speed and power!


    Spoiler
    Show
    RC3 at attacks Gorvak with an icy claw
    --- (1d20+4)[14] v AC (includes the -4 to hit due to charge)
    ----- Hit: (3d8+3)[17] cold damage, the target is both marked and immobilized.
    ----- Miss: Half damage and target slowed until the end of the crab's next turn.


    RC4 charges snap both of its pincers on Grulgar:
    --- (1d20+4)[12] v AC
    --- Hit: (2d6+3)[10]
    --- (1d20+4)[13] v AC
    --- Hit: (2d6+3)[10]

    BC3 spits magical cold at Gorvak
    --- (1d20+5)[8]
    ----- Hit: (1d6+3)[4] Cold Damage

    GC2 attacks SSn'nok with a pincer
    --- (1d20+6)[25] vs. AC; 4 damage.

    GC4 attacks Grulgar with a pincer
    --- (1d20+6)[19] vs. AC; 4 damage.

    PC blasts the area with a cold breath!
    --- Attack:
    (1d20+8)[16] vs. SS Reflex
    (1d20+8)[10] vs. GV Reflex
    (1d20+8)[25] vs. GG Reflex
    -----Hit: (2d6+5)[10] cold damage, and the target is dazed (save ends).
    -----Effect: Allies in the blast gain 5 temporary hit points

    PC attacks SS with a giant pincer claw!
    --- Attack: (1d20+10)[15] vs. SS AC
    ----- Hit: (1d10+7)[9] damage, and the target grants combat advantage until the end of the Purple Crab’s next turn.
    ----- Effect: The target is marked and slowed until the end of the Purple Crab's next turn.


    .
    DMing:
    The Hammer of the Barren Coast - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Axe of the Burning Desert - IC / OOC / Doc

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    As the massive purple crab surges out of the surf, some preternatural sense warns Sss'nock in advance.
    The lizardman drops to all fours, shivering as another eruption of cold mist blasts out just above his back, immediately followed by a snapping claw that was nearly as big as Sss'nock.
    As the crab pulls the claw back, however, Sss'nock surge back up to his feet, bringing his spear up into the creature's underbelly.
    An eruption of small motes of primal energy burst forth from the weapon's tip, striking the crab's underside and forcing it to stumble back a few steps further up onto the beach and away from him (and Mistletoe as well).
    As the purple crab rears back and prepares to charge forward again, Sss'nock shouts a magical command word in the common tongue before hurling the trident at it.

    "Halt!"

    The trident skips off the top of the crab's hardened shell, leaving Sss'nock to only "hrmph" at his continued failure to break through with throwing attacks.
    He then turns his back on the green crab still snipping at him and seeks to escape from the churning sands and surf that he suddenly finds himself in the middle of.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Immediate Reaction upon being missed by the purple crab - activate daily seeker power, Spirit's Rebuke.
    Purple Crab automatically takes (1d8+1)[2] damage and is Pushed 1 square (to the northwest, it's new current position on the map).
    Standard: Sss'nock uses Biting Spirits as a ranged attack against the Purple crab. Due to his armor's property, he does not provoke any AoOs from the green crab for making a ranged attack.
    To-Hit: (1d20+9)[19]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[12]
    Hit: Purple Crab takes a -2 penalty to-hit until the start of Sss'nock's next turn. MISSED
    Spoiler: If Purple Crab Hit
    Show

    As a free action, Sss'nock activates the daily magic of his trident, impaling the purple crab and giving it Immobilized (Save Ends). Missed on the attack.

    Move: Move to the south/southwest, treating the first square as difficult terrain and ending in H13. This movement provokes from Green Crab #2
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2019-09-25 at 06:11 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    Gorvak

    Gorvak's shield deflects the worst of the red crab's attack. It was still quite an impact, but, thank the All-Father, it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. At least it hadn't been the big one. Gorvak longed to test his strength against such a beast, but he had the attention of the beasts on this side of the battlefield, and for now that was probably a more valuable advantage for his allies. Seeing Grulgar wavering out of the corner of his eye, Gorvak realized there was one more thing he could do for them. He shouted out, "Grulgar, come meet the challenge! The All-Father watches you!" Gorvak was certain that Grulgar worshiped a different god, but invoking the All-Father's power on his behalf may still shake him out of his stupor.

    Gorvak quickly spun around to meet the red crab. He wanted to end this quickly. Neglecting his own defenses for the moment, Gorvak swung his flail in two lightning quick flourishes, each one pounding vicious cracks into the crab's exoskeleton. The red crab still stood, but he looked to be on his last legs. Gorvak scowled at it's endurance.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I reduced the amount of damage that Gorvak has taken because I don't think you accounted for the temps he got last round. If I'm mistaken about that, you can put it back to 8 from the red crab's attack.

    Standard: Heedless Fury on RC3 Attack vs AC - (1d20+10)[25]. If that hits, it will take damage - (3d10+5)[24], but I will also take a -5 to all defenses until the end of my next turn.

    Minor: Divine Mettle for Grulgar. He can make a save before his turn (with a +1 bonus) against the daze effect.

    Minor: Sohei Flurry on RC3. (Rolled in OOC to avoid double posting here. Didn't know if I was going to use this until I saw the result of the first attack, or else I would have just put it in this post in the first place.) It hit doing an additional 7 points to RC3.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2019-09-25 at 06:48 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ridai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany (GMT +1)

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    Mistletoe
    HP 38/38, HS 9/9, AP 1
    Effects flight altitude 1


    More and bigger crabs appear, and Mistletoe's rage builds alongside the rising danger. As the water splashes up and the positively gigantic crab attacks her allies, Mistletoe blasts fire into the side of the beast with so much force she propels herself backwards through the air with it, leaving a trail of steam behind her. Instead of steadying herself, she promptly vents her anger at the wounded red crab nearby, seeking to drown it in fire.

    The sudden force of her first blast makes the fire hit the water instead of the huge crab, what little heat washing over it only turning the water on its shell to steam, but the added frustration of how little effect she had on the beast lets her score a hit on her second target, cracking and melting its shell, charring its flesh and boiling the rest. Spasms race through Mistletoe's body, bits of smoke coming from her mouth as her fires dim a little. She is far from done yet, but her body can't keep up this kind of full-force exertion anymore, lest she risks simply burning herself to a cinder to fuel the fire. She spits black fluid, hissing as it hits the water, and the pixie growls, gathering her fire.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move Fly from M7 to P11 (still altitude 1, so ignoring the whirlpool on the ground)

    Standard Elemental Bolt with Elemental Escalation, targeting the Purple Crab and Red Crab 3
    (1d20+8)[13] vs Purple Crab's Reflex
    Hit: (1d12+12)[18] + (1d10)[5] + (1d6)[1] fire damage

    (1d20+8)[22] vs Red Crab 3's Reflex
    Hit: (1d12+12)[21] + (1d10)[3] + (1d6)[2] fire damage
    Last edited by Ridai; 2019-09-26 at 03:22 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Blackhawk748's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tharggy, on Tellene
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    Grulgar

    Grulgar felt the wind woosh out of him, and he staggered a bit as he tried to get ai in his lungs. These crabs where far more tenacious then he had expected. He heard Gorvak's call, and felt the Sun shine down upon him, trying to push through it. Fighting through enough to act at least, he raises his blade high to catch the dawning sun.

    "Sun....do...to....you..... what...you...to me..."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    SOLAR FLARE!! ie Astral Flare

    Hitting the Red Crab and the Purple Crab vs Will

    RC
    (1d20+7)[8]

    PC
    (1d20+7)[18]


    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2019-09-26 at 07:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

    My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland


    My Historical Stuff channel

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Hammer of the Barren Coast [4E]

    Dazed by Grulgar's attack, the gigantic purple crab cannons his claw forward, right at the cleric's face! The Red Crab, inspired by the larger crab's assault, gets in on the action and whacks the bugbear as well! The red crab then shift away and burrows into the soft sand. The smallest crabs each attempt to claw and bite Gorvak and Sss'nock

    Spoiler
    Show
    PP attacks GG
    Attack: (1d20+10)[11] vs. AC
    Hit: (1d10+7)[8] damage, and the target grants combat advantage until the end of the PP’s next turn.

    Effect: One of PP's allies within 5 squares of the target can make a basic attack against the target as a free action!

    RC4 will attack GG!
    --- (1d20+4)[10] v AC
    --- Hit: (2d6+3)[5]

    RC4 will then shift and burrow

    GC4 attacks SS with a pincer
    --- (1d20+6)[22] vs. AC; 4 damage.

    GC2 attacks GV with a pincer
    --- (1d20+8)[16] (flanking) vs. AC; 4 damage.

    BC3 bites GV
    --- (1d20+8)[25] (flanking) vs. AC; (1d6+6)[8]


    Last edited by Felhammer; 2019-09-28 at 08:43 PM.
    .
    DMing:
    The Hammer of the Barren Coast - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Axe of the Burning Desert - IC / OOC / Doc

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •