The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: [IC] The Axe of the Burning Desert [4E]

Cloth

Cloth sighs and approaches the rest of the group. "Can anyone understand what they are saying? If we can't communicate, might as well kill them."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Qephetzial, Solitude and Loneliness

"I cannot. However, we should take them prisoner," Qephetzial says quietly. "You never know when a prisoner could become useful."
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Sohwa the sly

Sohwa takes a step back from the shaman, and stabs his sword into the sand, to show that the fight is over.

"I've been a bandit, and those don't look like real bandits", he snarls dismissively. "They attacked out of desperation. Something is causing trouble to their people, and I want to know more."

He unconsciously licks the shaman's blood from the blade.

"I'm sure we can improvise some communication. There's plenty of sand to draw on," the sorcerer points out. "But we won't force them to speak under a threat. We will not take them prisoners, or they will believe that's our main reason for being here. I propose we just let them go."

"Look at this one", his eyes flicker to the warrior that's left standing. "I think he'll make a break for it any moment now. We won't stop them," the predator offers in a sinister tone. "Let them run, or tend to their wounded, and leave either way. Let them tell the tribe that we did not pursue, and the tribe will know we're not here after them. Then they will come."

He smiles savagely.

"They sure will, if only to take care of their dead; and we'll be there, making camp on this beach, all predictable and approachable. A force that they will try to reason with," he finishes menacingly, and looks at Broken Antler, clearly expecting a final decision from him.

"I'm afraid, lady Solitude, that a feast will have to wait," he adds with a sigh.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    A shift to L18 and Total Defence action (+2 bonus to all defenses until the start of character's next turn), just in case.
    Last edited by Lord Haart; 2019-10-07 at 09:48 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elitarismo View Post
    Complaining about martial characters dipping many different classes is like complaining that the sun is hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArqArturo View Post
    When I first wanted to build a gish, I wanted to be the guy that threw fireballs, lightning bolts, wore spiked fullplate and reigned death and destruction (…)

So I rolled a cleric.

DEGENERATION 92: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

4. - Top - End - #64

Planetar

Broken Antler - Cervitaur Shaman

Broken Antler heaves a sign of relief as the shaman calls for a cessation of hostility. That was as much as he could gather at this point, judging by the raider challenging him's wary stance in response to the barked command. He releases his ancestor's spirit, mentally thanking it for its service, and then listens carefully to the shaman's language, trying to place it.

He holds a hand up briefly for Sowha's attention and patience. Just a moment, arcanist, we may yet avoid further bloodshed between the Mahara and these indigenous. We should know by now to act better than the Vamwe who exiled us here. Need we repeat their aggression?

5. - Top - End - #65

Flumph

Cloth

Cloth stands still for a few seconds, waiting for everyone else to say their opinions before continuing hers. "I can see my opinion's been bested, so I will agree with the choice of the group. But let it be known, I'm against this. We can't communicate with them, we've killed at least two of them, and for all we know they may come back with a bigger force next time."

Then, she turns her head towards Sohwa. "And I'm sorry, but I can't understand who they are. You mean they?" She points at the curling shaman. "Because they can't reason with us. We can't reason with them. We can't communicate. Unless we take a whole day to very, very slowly try to communicate via drawing in the sand. And even then, betting that one of us can draw well enough for them to understand - and vice-versa - is not a very safe bet, in my opinion."

Then, she turns her head to Broken Antler. "You must have lived in a very peaceful place, if you believe the Vamwe are the only ones to ever seek bloodshed. By killing them, I believe we are setting an example that we can fight back, while also making sure that they don't come back to their tribe and then come to seek revenge."

At last, she takes a deep breath. "However, as I've said, I am the minority. And now that I've fully voiced my opinion, if we still go with setting them free or even taking them prisoners, I'll abide."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Qephetzial tilts her head. "I am not certain we ever intended to be better than Vamwe. After all, we sadly killed several of their number, and if this sets a precedent, they will continue to respond in kind. If we let the shaman go before weare able to ascertain information on the situation, the Mahara could very well be placed in a difficult situation," she says quietly. "Not that we don't know that it wasn't the Mahara scouting parties that have already attacked these people."

She drags on of the bodies over and lays its hands over its chest. "Having a prisoner could help us formulate a method of communication. Oh well, I guess its time to pack up the camp as well. Who knows how many of the clans will decide to leave with the King, and how many will be beset upon by the natives until dead. Suffice it to say, Mahara isn't going to be Mahara much longer," she says hopelessly, noting the rising tension of the impatient clans. "My fellow shades are used to running, as we know better than to outstay out welcome. Maybe we'll find a nicer place to land next time." she finishes and she goes to drag another body to the group. "Maybe one with nicer food."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2019-10-07 at 10:44 AM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

7. - Top - End - #67

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Taya View Post
    Then, she turns her head to Broken Antler. "You must have lived in a very peaceful place, if you believe the Vamwe are the only ones to ever seek bloodshed. By killing them, I believe we are setting an example that we can fight back, while also making sure that they don't come back to their tribe and then come to seek revenge."
    Broken Antler shakes his head sadly. I have seen enough unnecessary bloodshed to last eternity, Friend Cloth. And yes, sadly, many of the Mahara see violence as both the means and the ends, as if it was not this exact thinking that the Vamwe used to justify our extinction. We must try to be better than the beasts that reside in us and give us our strength. Only by binding our darker impulses to a greater balance can we create a homeland here for ourselves.

After keeping a careful ear open for their tongue, Broken Antler turns to address the raider and the shaman, he speaks in Common, then Sylvan. Do you understand either of these tongues? As an aside, he addresses his companions. They speak some form of Giant, though it's unlike any variation I've heard before. Do any of you speak that tongue?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff
    Qephetzial tilts her head. "I am not certain we ever intended to be better than Vamwe. After all, we sadly killed several of their number, and if this sets a precedent, they will continue to respond in kind. If we let the shaman go before weare able to ascertain information on the situation, the Mahara could very well be placed in a difficult situation," she says quietly. "Not that we don't know that it wasn't the Mahara scouting parties that have already attacked these people."
    Of course we intend to be better than the Vamwe, that's the express intent of the Mahara and the will of the Wild King, or do you seek to undermine what we have begun before it has had a chance to start? We have killed in self-defence, but no more blood need be shed. Our peoples used to kill each other as well, but we have learned to be better, a lesson we must share with those who live in this land already.
    Last edited by atlastrembles; 2019-10-07 at 11:23 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68

Flumph

Cloth

The Thri-Kreen stays silent for a few more seconds, before nodding. "I'll take your opinions to heart, Broken Antler. I'll try to reflect on them. For now, however, I still disagree. But I will still act according to the will of the group."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

"Do we have anymore the right to change the culture of these people than the Vanwe had to exile the Mahara?"
    Qephetzial asks pointedly. "How easily one loses sight of what they believe. Sometimes solving a small problem leads to more sinful acts. My people are well accustomed to such folly..."

"Nevertheless, I grow weary of the dissenters among the Mahara. I feel that they may have orchestrated this conflict in order to allow them to exterminate the inhabitants of this land, so that they may capture their territory unchecked. What if, perhaps, the scouting parties were convinced or otherwise coerced in order to aggravate any natives they encounter, in order to justify these actions? Or Gwaza and his dragonborn have done so?"
    Qephetzial strokes her chin in thought.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2019-10-07 at 01:24 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

It seems to me that the 2-in-1 and 1 would approve of such a path, Broken Antler. Well...perhaps the Lady of Dragons would not, but she often would not agree with the others. The point here is that we are NOT Vamwe, and do not need to respond so brutishly.

I am not certain what other scouting parties have done, but certainly these lizardfolk are not as some of the other inhabitants. They stop, they think, they listen...they do not merely eat and eat and eat.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Sohwa the somewhat sure

Quote Originally Posted by atlastrembles View Post
    Just a moment, arcanist, we may yet avoid further bloodshed between the Mahara and these indigenous. We should know by now to act better than the Vamwe who exiled us here. Need we repeat their aggression?
    "But I do not propose any aggression", Sohwa argues, in a mocking tone. "Maybe one day we will move to conquer the land by force. But that, too, would ask us to get more informed than we are. Remember our mission: to scout, to find the defectors, and to learn of the land. Would starting a war help us more than maybe making willing pawns", - he glances at Broken Antler again, "- that is, allies?"

The warrior walks around his sword, now facing Cloth, rests both hands on the handle and lays his chin on the top.

"People who seek to communicate, will communicate; or there would be no Mahara. By "they", I mean the tribe, clan, or a group they are part of. They bear arms, have a language, and the group we've met has only fit warriors. Setting ambushes on a barely traveled beach is not a way of living. There must be a settlement nearby, and they expected trouble to come this way. Question is, are WE trouble?"

He lazily raises a single claw.

"The example is already set: five of us, nine of them, but we broke no sweat. Now we're setting a different example. I don't suppose they're dumb enough to seek revenge for those who attacked us first. Unless there will be none left to tell the story," he points out bitterly.

"Speaking of which, we should not set camp right next to the bodies, and the spider on the hill bothers me. What if there's a whole brood? We need someone to scout for a good place to camp, but not far from here, and to make sure there are no dangerous beasts. Cloth, you seem as spry as you are keen. Think you can do it?"

As he says that, Sohwa starts licking the back of his paw and cleaning his facial fur from sand and dust, stuck in there since the shaman's geomantic attack.

"I think lady Solitude is very right. There's a high chance Gwaza met these folks, and has left an impression," he mumbles through the dirt. "All the more reason to aim for information."

He sighs.

"It seems we are different enough to need a leader. Make a decision, elder Antler: will we deny these warriors their freedom, and force them into cooperation? Or will we show good will to the surrendered, demonstrate that we're not a threat, and let their tribe seek cooperation if they decide to? I'm sure they will, but this is your decision."
    Last edited by Lord Haart; 2019-10-11 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Grammar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Complaining about martial characters dipping many different classes is like complaining that the sun is hot.
    When I first wanted to build a gish, I wanted to be the guy that threw fireballs, lightning bolts, wore spiked fullplate and reigned death and destruction (…)

So I rolled a cleric.

DEGENERATION 92: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

12. - Top - End - #72

Flumph

Cloth

The Thri-Kreen turns her head to the rakshasa, "I can scout, yes. I'm fast and, as you've said, I'm keen as well. However," she puts one of her upper hands in the air, in front of her face, to show her purple chitin, "don't expect me to be sneaky about it. In a green land like this, I tend to stand out."
    Last edited by Taya; 2019-10-12 at 03:11 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73

You certainly stand out less than I would, says Surina, gesturing to her metallic scales. And no doubt you are more stealthy, too. I tend to clank.

I hope that we all recall we are here for a reason. I wish no conflict with these lizard folk, but we certainly have no right or ability to negotiate a treaty with them. I would let them go, if they will let us go, and go on our way.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

As the party continues to debate, the cowering shaman stops whimpering. He sits up from the fetal position, coming to rest on his knees. He watches with great interest, as if trying to deduce your language. After a while, he grows increasingly frustrated with the way the party is bickering among themselves and not meeting out punishment. As his ire grows, he finally blurts out, "CURUL! CURUL!" He points to his satchel. "CURUL!"

The other lizardolk looks shocked at the shaman and yells back, Nīṅkaḷ ellāvaṟṟaiyum vaittirukkiṟīrkaḷā!?

The shaman throws his snout up in the air and condescendingly replies, "Avarkaḷ ciṟantavarkaḷ eṉṟu nāṉ niṉaittēṉ!"
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2019-10-14 at 11:35 AM.
    DMing:
    The Hammer of the Barren Coast - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Axe of the Burning Desert - IC / OOC / Doc

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Qephetzial nods slowly, now that her concerns have been heard. She wasn't too keen on being around when people were yelling at each other, given that it usually leads to a shade or two getting stabbed. She disappears into the brush.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Rolling to sneakily find a better place to camp.

(1d20+14)[23] Sneakiness
    Using Shadow Walk, Body of the Wolf, and One with the Shadow to do a lot of hiding.

(1d20+9)[19] Perception
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2019-10-14 at 01:09 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76

Flumph

Cloth

The Thri-Kreen nods, but as she turns to scout the area, Qeph does it first. "Seems like someone beat me to it. That's fine. In this case..." Cloth stands still for a few seconds as she looks at the shaman without him noticing (because of the compound eyes). Then, she walks towards him, staff in both upper hands behind her back, and, with her lower hands, slowly, takes his satchel and looks inside.
    Last edited by Taya; 2019-10-14 at 03:01 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Satchel
    Show
    Inside the satchel, you find three scrolls and a burlap baggie filled with finger nail sized, polished pieces of onyx..
    DMing:

18. - Top - End - #78

Flumph

Cloth

"Anyone here can take a look at these?" Cloth takes out one of the scrolls. "There are three here, but I can barely read common, and I'm lead to believe these will be magic scrolls so... Sohwa? Can you take a look?"

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: To speed things up
    Show

They are ritual scrolls:

Spoiler: Arcana
    Show

Spoiler: Nature
    Show

DMing:

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

The shaman motions at the satchel and pantomime unfurling a scroll and reading it, "Maṭa liyavilla denna. Obava tērum gænīmaṭa maṭa eya bhāvitā kaḷa hækiya."
    DMing:

21. - Top - End - #81

Surina takes a look at the scrolls in the bag.

I'm afraid that none of these seem to be religious rituals, which I'd be more familiar with. Is there anyone among us with the skills to make sense of these?

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Sohwa the overthinker

Mostly ignoring the shaman's needy chattering, Sohwa considers the scrolls and the mineral.

"There are three different spells, for different situations, but only one of each; so they were going on a short tour, not a serious journey. Those must be reagents," — he points at the tiny stones, "but I desire to study them before using recklessly. Onyx is… I think I remember something about it."

Scowling, he comes to a pause, and shakes his head ruefully.

"Now this one, is for understanding tongues. They were prepared to meet outsiders, indeed," the arcanist grimly notes, "but not us, or there would be no ambush. Something is going on, as we thought. And this one wants to tell us all about it," a claw points at the shaman once again, "and it's obvious that we can do that, but… Listen to me, please."

It sounds like Sohwa is worried that his companions will insist.

"This magic will go one way, so we won't have a real conversation. He'll just tell us what he thinks we should know, and play dumb to any unpleasant questions. Is it wise to let him set the terms so easily?"

Sohwa slowly rolls the scroll, and steps toward the shaman.

"Aren't we ones who won control today?" Sohwa asks the party in a shrill voice, his body taut; before leaning forward to directly address the kneeling shaman. "You sure can do better," he growls at the lizard, licking his lips at the same time.

Then Sohwa points to his left ear, and at his mouth; then to the scroll; and holds up two claws.

"Two. Scrolls," he repeats, knowing that the words will not come across but the intonation, tied to the pantomime, will. Points to the scroll again, holds up two fingers again, points between himself and the shaman. Then points aside, roughly towards the hills, and makes a "shoo, shoo" motion.
    Last edited by Lord Haart; 2019-10-17 at 09:25 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83

Flumph

Cloth

The Thri-Kreen nods as Sohwa shows his point of view. "That makes sense. And we might get a better grasp of the situation if we can actually hold a conversation."

24. - Top - End - #84

Planetar

Broken Antler

The shaman watches passively as his companions dig through the ambusher's wares. He follows Sohwa to the shaman and crouches down as well to address the rakshasa, confident that the shaman and the lizardfolk cannot understand them. We may have won the day, but they still possess more information than us. We have established that we are no further threat and, indeed, it seems that they are not inclined to fight further. Whether or not they tell us all, well, would you not hold something back as well? Rather than sending them off to warn their fellows, it is wiser to speak with them now, is it not? If they betray us, well, then I concede that violence is the necessary response.

Looking over the scrolls, the cervitaur nods. I could certainly make use of this one indicating the Create Campsite ritual and perhaps the other as well. Frowning over at the shaman and the lizardfolk Antler tilts his head at Sohwa. What say you to travelling with these two for a little longer until we needs must make camp? The spirits will surely perform such a small task for us and our scaled captives may be in a better mood to talk with sore feet and the knowledge that our blades do not thirst for their blood.

OOC - For clarity, suggesting we travel with the two captives until it's time to camp, showing them that we don't intend to execute them and letting them passively build trust with us before we speak to them using the Comprehend scroll at the campsite.
    Last edited by atlastrembles; 2019-10-18 at 01:36 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Qephetzial heads off to scout for a campsite.
    Show
    You range a head of the party, your nimble feet taking you far away. After an hour of scouting, you come across the entrance to a cave. The gaping maw sits on the edge of a cliff, hanging just low enough to allow the sea to flow in. You duck down to observe the cave for a moment. As you do, a... humanoid riding atop a horse-sized dolphin emerges from beneath the waves. At first you think he might be a human(!) but after a moment you realize the man's skin is thick and smooth, like the dolphin he rides atop. The coloration is also strange - jet black with patches of bight white. As you ponder the man's skin for a moment, you cannot help but reminded of the great orca that used to hunt along the coasts of the Mahara's old homeland. The dolphin comes to a stop at the mouth of the cave, the man then whistles. After few moments, three lizardmen - that look remarkably similar to the lizardmen you just fought - come rowing out on a small canoe. The orca-skinned-man tosses a heavily-laden burlap sack into the canoe. The lizardmen then toss over a three-foot-tall frog-man, whose hands and feet have been tied, and a gag tightly bound in his mouth. The frog-man squirms and tries to free himself but the orca-man's raw strength easily overwhelms the little frog. The two groups then converse amicably in a tongue that sounds similar to the one you heard the other lizardmen speaking.

Spoiler: The dolphin riding man
    Show

Spoiler: Frog Man
    Show

The shaman nods in agreement to the rakshasa, believing he understands the basics of what the cat-man wants. The shamans scrambles to his feet and yells at his companion, who then drops his weapons and acquiesces to being a prisoner. The shaman points to the hills in the distance and says several things in his alien tongue. The raider complains bitterly while the group travels, his tone laced with condescension and malice for the Shaman. After twenty minutes of traveling, the shaman comes to an abrupt halt. Then then points to a seemingly random hole in the ground. The hole is large enough to just barely allow one of the lizardmen to squirm down into. The Shaman points to the hole again, then pantomimes squeezing inside, then imitates eating and sleeping.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2019-10-20 at 07:01 PM.
    DMing:

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Qephetzial conspires to remove the frog man from the situation. Normally, a shade wouldn't stick its neck out for another person, but Qeph is one of the most proactive and outgoing shades. She shifts into her hated wolf form, and quietly attempts to drag the frog out of the room.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+14)[18] stealth, using the shadows as cover with One with the Shadow.

(1d20+13)[15] intimidate if they try to stop her.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Sohwa the suddenly so important that everyone else hold their posts, apparently?

Quote Originally Posted by Felhammer View Post
    The shaman nods in agreement to the rakshasa, believing he understands the basics of what the cat-man wants. The shamans scrambles to his feet and yells at his companion, who then drops his weapons and acquiesces to being a prisoner. The shaman points to the hills in the distance and says several things in his alien tongue. The raider complains bitterly while the group travels, his tone laced with condescension and malice for the Shaman. After twenty minutes of traveling, the shaman comes to an abrupt halt. Then then points to a seemingly random hole in the ground. The hole is large enough to just barely allow one of the lizardmen to squirm down into. The Shaman points to the hole again, then pantomimes squeezing inside, then imitates eating and sleeping.
    Sohwa appears somewhat tired and unhappy from having to journey again instead of making camp and catching some rest. He stays silent during the walk, however, only occasionally sparing a murderous glance for the raider-complainer.

As the party (save Quephetzial?) arrives to the spot, Sohwa regards the hole with a long, level look. An exasperated scowl slowly creeps on his face, as he clearly fights the urge to ask the lizards if they're serious.

He turns to Broken Antler, and regards his, well, antlers with a mock thoughtfulness. Then he draws his sword, a slender and fragile-looking yet pretty long piece of blackened iron — hardly a weapon made for tunnel fighting.

"Whatever is down there, they can bring it up. If they get away instead, that's their choice. We weren't going to hold them either way. But none but a fool would expect me," he growls, "to crawl."

Having said that, the warrior turns to the shaman, and sticks his sword into the ground (again). Sweeping a random blade of grass, he shakes it several times, the blade growing bigger and square-er with each shake, until it unfurls into a small sitting rug of green fabric.

Calmly placing the rug next to the sword, Sohwa takes a sit, draws a waterskin and proceeds to satisfy some thirst.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Mental Tools, of course. A sitting rug can be held in one hand well enough.

If we'll sit here for some time, Sohwa examines the onyx and the scrolls, as described (and rolled) in this post.
    Last edited by Lord Haart; 2019-10-28 at 09:44 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

So I rolled a cleric.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

The two lizard men jump at the chance to dive down into the hole, squirming their way in with ease.

Spoiler: Qephetzial
    Show
    You transform into a wolf and pad foot down the cliffside, slinking along from one shadowy patch of crevasse to another. As you near the shore, you sneak out and grab the sack with your fangs, slowly backing away with your prize. The lizard men notice the sack slowly being pulled off the dolphin, onto shore and away from the group but they say nothing to the orca-skinned man who is rambunctiously retelling some kind of funny story. You get the feeling that the lizard men do not want to continue conversing with the orca-skinned man but are forced to converse never-the-less for fear of angering him. You also get the impression that they say nothing of you, for fear of angering such a ferocious beast.

After about five minutes, you manage to pull the burlap sack around the edge of a rocky outcropping, perhaps 30 feet from the orca-skinned man and the lizard men.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You are out of sight of the group (behind a rock) but you are still only 30 or so feet away.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2019-10-28 at 10:22 AM.
    DMing:

29. - Top - End - #89

Flumph

Cloth

Cloth sits down in the grass, cross her legs and puts her staff in her lap. "I'm also not a big fan of small spaces. What do you say then, do we stay here and wait for them to come back? With, possibly, two language scrolls?"

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Qephetzial observes the plight of the lizardmen and concocts a cunning plan. First, she dumps the content the sack to keep it out of the way while she works on this. She'll accept whatever thanks she gets from the frog in the meantime.

What she is going to do is howl at the orca man and try and get to follow her and the sack, which she will fill with some rocks. Then, when it follows her, she will run around a corner and teleport up the cliff with Ethereal Stride, hide, then go back to the lizards.

Spoiler
    Show

Hide for when the time comes (1d20+14)[29]