The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Berserk - Lets start this journey!

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Also had the water fight between Guts and Griffith and...man is Griffith hard to read, especially between what I've seen before (the Golden Age movies which cut scenes like this to cut down on runtime) and what I know is eventually going to happen. Does he genuinely value Guts as a companion or is he a particularly valuable tool that Griffith is willing to risk his own life for? How much of Femto is already in Griffith?
    I think Guts really was the only person Griffith ever cared for in any way. But the tragedy is that Griffith was too broken to express his true feelings as he should, or change his usual manipulative behavior accordingly. I'm basing this on stuff you'll read a bit further on, so I'm not gonna say more until you do.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

I don't think I've gotten quite that far yet. All I know is his dream.
    You’ve seen more of the truth than you realise. Context will make it clearer.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry there hasn't been an update recently, I've been trying to find a new place to read it at because the one I did (that had good translations) seems to have broken. ): So I've been trying to find a new place to read Berserk and also figure out which chapter I left off on.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Also had the water fight between Guts and Griffith and...man is Griffith hard to read, especially between what I've seen before (the Golden Age movies which cut scenes like this to cut down on runtime) and what I know is eventually going to happen. Does he genuinely value Guts as a companion or is he a particularly valuable tool that Griffith is willing to risk his own life for? How much of Femto is already in Griffith?
    The interesting and tragic thing about the Behelits is that they require a genuine sacrifice. Griffith would not have been able to do what he did if he did not genuinely and deeply care about everyone he dicked over for power; they were the thing he valued most...aside from his dream. And when essentially given a choice between his dream and the people he cared about, he chose the former, plunging himself well over the moral event horizon in the process.