The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Dawn of Worlds....again?

In another game I played in, the tiles were smaller, but we could change multiple tiles.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, I had a player once, in another game, use Shape Land to make a narrow line that crossed multiple squares. Seemed like it was pushing it a bit to me, but the person running the game allowed it.
    ~There is nothing more tragic than when a loving family is torn apart by something as simple as a pack of wolves.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGirl

How about: We can shape 4 squares for the cots of 1. They can be different terrains but they must be connected.

Edit: How about: We can shape 4 squares for the cots of 1 square. They can be different terrains but they must be connected.
    Last edited by Wasp; 2019-10-21 at 10:54 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
    How about: We can shape 4 squares for the cots of 1. They can be different terrains but they must be connected.
    That sounds like a good idea to me.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Good for me too.

As the OP, Sizzlefoot has the honor to give the start (and provide us the link to the IC and OOC Threads).
    I see he hasn't been posting anything since the 16/10/2019.
    Sending him a PM.

6. - Top - End - #66

How much for the 2nd and 3rd Ages?
    ~There is nothing more tragic than when a loving family is torn apart by something as simple as a pack of wolves.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Justicar View Post
    How much for the 2nd and 3rd Ages?
    I meant Shape Land and Shape Climate should change 4 squares instead of 1 square (3, 5, 8 points to be spent for 4 squares of shape land and 2, 4, 6 to be spent for 4 squares of shape climate)
    Last edited by Wasp; 2019-10-21 at 10:54 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68

I meant Shape Land and Shape Climate should change 4 squares instead of 1 square (3, 5, 8 points to be spent for 4 squares of shape land and 2, 4, 6 to be spent for 4 squares of shape climate)
    Question withdrawn. That makes much more sense.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

I've never done a Dawn of Worlds, but if you're willing to entertain one more enthusiastic player, I'd love to join in! It seems relatively simple, and I'd do my best to get through the learning curve. My pitch is below.

If not, no worries - feel free to disregard the below

Spoiler: Yshira - Goddess of Beauty
    Show

Name: Yshira
    Portfolio: Beauty, Change

Ideology: Yshira values the beauty of being in awe of a moment. Anything that lasts too long becomes normal, and therefore less beautiful. A perfect snowflake, just before it melts. Fluffy snow, before the first pair of boots tracks through it. Not a luscious forest, but the distant ember glow as it burns away. The moment when a soldier return to their family from war, crying from the reunion. A Paladin's shining moment of sacrifice, martyred forever. These moments which create powerful, lasting memories are what she considers most beautiful.

Agenda: Create and allow for moments of beauty. Bring change to the world and avoid stagnancy - even if it is bad or hurts now, it will allow everyone/everything to come back better, or at least better appreciate what exists. Remove things that are grotesque or sully previous moments of beauty - poorly drawn re-creations (though she would be more understanding if it's a child creating it, or someone practicing to be come better), resurrecting someone who sacrificed their life, something that is maintained even though it has lost its former glory, etc.

Appearance: A lady dressed in a beautiful robe with long auburn hair, wearing a porcelain mask that changes color based on her emotions.

Things I'm still thinking about:
    Can't think of titles I like. "The Everchanging" doesn't seem to quite fit, maybe "Nature's Wonder," or something.

Edit: The Evanescent? The Evanescent Beauty? Idk.

From the other posts I don't think any of this overlaps too much with others, closest being Myrallah. I'd stick to singular moments of emotions, and I'm less concerned about sentient beings in general.

I could see Yshira getting along or being enemies with several of the other Gods. Aberrations and Undead could have a potential for some "twisted beauty" type scenarios, but unless it really seems to fit the moment I probably won't go that direction. It's more likely that she'll think it's disgusting. There's also the idea of "mysterious beauty," where Yshira would appreciate the moment/buildup/emotions just before an unveiling of a secret, but it seems like there are plenty of knowledge/investigative type things already so I'd probably also avoid that.

I could also add something along the lines of storytelling, another way that moments could be depicted to create a longing to see something similar.
    Last edited by Hobbo Jim; 2019-10-21 at 05:03 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Easydamus says I'm a neutral half-elf wizard 1/druid 1.
    Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 11
    Intelligence- 15
    Wisdom- 13
    Charisma- 12

When in doubt, Hail Dread Cthulhu.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.