The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Re-recruiting for Strange Aeons

@Razorback I finally reached 10 posts so I can fully post my character sheet by giving you the actual myth-weavers link XD I will update the spoiler sheet above with the link also (cuz I still like that spoiler sheet I made lol)
    Ruyle Wysacaryn, the Arcane Researcher

2. - Top - End - #32

Rirri the Hexcrafting Staff Magus

Mechanics are done. Fluff is... basic. Always have trouble getting that down.

But here's the staff wielding would be cult leader. If free knowledge for everyone and a light in every dark corner would make a cult. :D

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

So the occultist class is... odd. Not sure Iíve got my head wrapped around it properly.

Question for the DM: Iím considering rebuilding the character as a sorcerer or wizard, maybe with an archetype. If I do go with the wizard, since Iím planning on making an homage to the Darkest Dungeon occultist, could I choose a skull as a bonded item instead of the listed choices? For flavor reasons, even though itís probably mechanically worse.

EDIT: Since crafting a bonded object into an appropriate magic item is a part of the class feature, would it be okay if I counted it as, say, a wand? Itís fine if not, Iíd still probably choose that over the familiar if Iím allowed to.
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2019-09-24 at 09:27 PM.
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

rs2excelsior - I'm ok with you refluffing the bonded item as a skull but I'm not entirely clear what you're asking as part of the wand question. Can you clarifiy?

Yas392 - Its a mystery.
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    rs2excelsior - I'm ok with you refluffing the bonded item as a skull but I'm not entirely clear what you're asking as part of the wand question. Can you clarifiy?

Yas392 - Its a mystery.
    Aww. *pouts*
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Relevant part of the bonded item description:

A wizard can add additional magic abilities to his bonded object as if he has the required Item Creation Feats and if he meets the level prerequisites of the feat. For example, a wizard with a bonded dagger must be at least 5th level to add magic abilities to the dagger (see Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat).
    So basically, I'm asking if I can treat the skull as a magic item type (like a staff or ring or wand--wand seems most appropriate to me, but I'm open to suggestions). If not, that's fine--the character will lose the ability to enchant a bonded object without the feat requirement, but that doesn't strike me as a huge deal. I'll take that hit for flavor reasons.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, hello there, this is a funny coincidence... I hastily marked the game as dead around the end of January after more than a week passed without posts, then shortly after left the site for mental health reasons, so I wasn't around to see Ghostfoot hang in there and pick things up. Terribly sorry to leave you in the lurch like that. In any event, I have space in my life for PbP again, so I'm back on the recruitment forum.

If you're open to having me back as Herren, I'd be happy to return, but if you think it's better to make room for this new crop of interest I'd understand completely.

8. - Top - End - #38

rs2excelsior - Sorry, I thought I replied to you yesterday. I don't have an issue with it but, if chosen, reserve the right to review to make sure it doesn't get out of hand.

Foryn Gilnith - I get it. Let me get back to you.

9. - Top - End - #39

Kinda dropped off the face of this thread for a good time. My workplace team is getting restructured with me as an upcoming manager so I need to invest the time. Don't wait for me, but I haven't forgotten this.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    rs2excelsior - Sorry, I thought I replied to you yesterday. I don't have an issue with it but, if chosen, reserve the right to review to make sure it doesn't get out of hand.
    All good, and that is perfectly understandable. I'm most of the way through re-building the character, I will re-post for approval once I'm done.

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    Kinda dropped off the face of this thread for a good time. My workplace team is getting restructured with me as an upcoming manager so I need to invest the time. Don't wait for me, but I haven't forgotten this.
    No worries.

Keeping new recruitment open until tomorrow and then I'll give you the rest of the week to complete, picking next Sunday.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Think I am going to withdraw my interest. Best of luck for those applied.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Mechanics (re-)done for Alhazred, now as a wizard. Fluff still to come, and my second trait pick.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Here's the list of applicants:

Username Character Name Race Class (Spec) Campaign Trait
    hexed666 Rirri Human Magus (Hexcrafter/ Staff Magus) Methodical Mind
    Mizu_Makura Ruyle Wysacaryn Half-Elf (Elf/Dragon subtype) Arcanist Formerly Mind-Swapped
    infomatic Elia Faustus Tiefling Alchemist (Ectoplasm master, Chirugeon, Blightbreaker) Foe of the Strange
    Shub-Niggurath Vladislav Orlock Human (Varisian) Psychic (Amnesiac) Formerly Mind-Swapped
    Aleister VII google sheet ? ? ?
    rs2excelsior Alhazred Human Wizard Foe of the Strange
    Foryn Gilnith Herren Kakinami Half-Elf Samurai (Ward Speaker, Brawling Blademaster) Driven by Guilt

Hope I haven't missed/ misunderstood anyone.
    Life got busy for a while there. Currently catching up on all games.

DM: AgeOfWorms|SavageTide|TearingOfTheWeave|Northlands Saga|Zeitgeist

Player: SavageTide Tyndall Jarispur|AgeOfWorms Elkist Talphrin|StrangeAeons Hazel Holt|RotR Iris of Shelyn

15. - Top - End - #45

Flumph

Thanks ghostfoot! Nice looking table :)
    Last edited by Mizu_Makura; 2019-10-07 at 06:32 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by Mizu_Makura View Post
    Thanks ghostfoot! Nice looking table :)

Agreed, appreciated.
    A few people submitted sheets and either didn't have any fluff or I couldn't access their sheet, so I'm willing to accept the other 3 + 1 returning.
    Foryn, Infomatic, Mizu_Makura and hexed666 please join us here and introduce yourselves and pick a color.