The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 54
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wuff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2018

    Default Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    The light from the city seems particularly bright tonight. The moon hangs above it, almost menacing, leaving an impression of plotting or scheming like many undoubtedly are doing beneath it. The news recently has been quiet. The end of summer normally calms things down; when the colder months arrive some find that their costumes are fairly impractical. Not everyone has super-resistance, or enough cash to live the lifestyle full-time.

    A.E.G.I.S. had created a team of reprobates within the past month, somewhat of an unprecedented move for the organisation - as if A.E.G.I.S. or for that matter, adults in general, were known for consistency - and, snorting, given them the moniker blustered out by red-faced mayor. "Heroes?! Those Zeroes destroyed my car!!!" The fact that this was mostly reflected in a file somewhere in A.E.G.I.S. HQ had amused the group for a while.

    This group had been set up to shift some of the workload from A.E.G.I.S. agents, who are beginning to slowly dwindle in number as more people question the extreme methods used by the organisation. Even the mainstream media are beginning to break the long silence they've held in the face of such a significant political player. The lack of a real response after a month is seen as typical of the sturdy bureaucracy, or perhaps a sign that the organisation is no longer what it once was. At some points, the spotlight was placed on the topic of heroes, often accompanied with shots of dark alleys or torn and graffiti'd posters.

    As part of the Zeroes' allowance, they had been given a secure, shared space in the outer suburbs of Halcyon City, which is, at this time of the year, showing some wear and tear from all the conflicts of the past few months in some places, particularly the inner city. The clashing metahumans are something of an occupational hazard, and their destructive fights are prepared for much in the same way that other places might prepare for floods, wildfires or earthquakes. Eventually, people learn to walk around the fallen debris, while long-time residents barely glance up to see the action anymore. It's surprising that insurance companies will even offer quotes at this point.

    Today is a Saturday, so the group have managed to sneak some time in away from their normal requirements, perhaps even going as far to drop appointments to make this meeting. The group have placed four photos on a table, each one with a file attached and a label. These choices have become largely inconsequential, so much so that tonight, dice make the decision on who the group pursue this week. One sits in the middle of the table, supplied by A.E.G.I.S. and branded appropriately.

    The conversation has come to a momentary halt, but whatever atmosphere this had created was broken by a grumbling sound from Crosswind. There wasn't any edible food in this place, not after the latest debacle with a certain sugar-based ex-villain. Ordering takeaway had been strictly forbidden by A.E.G.I.S. and thus left the group a decision on where to catch food, after "deciding" who to deal with by tossing the d4.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Crosswind was not only bored, he was tired and bored. Calling out big villains, talking trash on big superheroes and everything else to spice up the hero lifestyle had been thwarted and buried under the bureaucracy of AEGIS. He was at wits end with all the planned arrests, weakling villains and files. Since when did heroes have to do paperwork!? Though its not as if he ever read them in the first place. Crosswind was two steps away from outright fighting a hero or even secretly breaking out a few villains but that would put him in cuffs quicker than anything so I guess this would have to do.

    Crosswind gave out a long sigh as he lay on the couch looking at the ceiling. "Just roll... the... dice". He dragged his head back to his team mates "before I lose... my... mind."

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Ulyana Khorzikhov, aka Evo
    Doom Track: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Conditions: None.


    Ulyana wandered around the sparsely furnished room, a undle of nervous energy, she wore a paior of loose linen pants, rolled down to her hips, fitted wife beater, with a hoodie overtop. As she walked by the wall she punched it, filled with frustration much like her teammates, "What in the hell is this d4?! Everyone kows dice have six sides, yes? 1-2-3-4-5-6! We just need to pick one of these golova der'ma and kick their face in, yea?" With that she walked by the table, grabbed all four photos and tossed them into the air over her shoulder, she spun, turned around and from her fingers thick, viscuous bio-matter surged forward extending from her fingers through the air, glossy, black, ridged almost like muscle, the tips hardened into steel like hardness, and sank into the opposite wall.

    One of the photo's was pierced through as the three others drifted lazily to the floor. She extracted the tendrils, the organic bio-matter seeping through her pores to be contained, once again, beneath her pale, almost flawless skin. She walked over to the photo with the hole through it, "This one, what does their file say Providence? Oh, and once we read it, we're getting some food, we must fill our tanks before kicking ass, yes?"

    OOC: (1d4)[3]
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2019-09-19 at 06:46 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cloud Cuckooland

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Kamui Kezui, aka Providence
    Conditions: None.


    Ugh, and I thought Signus' bureaucracy was bad...

    Kamui has more-or-less completely zoned out at this point, doodling blueprints on blank sheets of paper out of sheer boredom. Out of all possibilities she expected when she made the BT Driver and took up superheroing, she never quite expected it to become as boring as filing tax forms. Worse still is the fact that the weekly meetings constantly cut into her workshop time; she'll never finish up and of her work-in-progress Drives at this point.

    After hearing Crosswind about to die from sheer boredom, Kamui decided to stretch out, let a long yawn, and reach for the d4- until Ulyana walked in and decided to select them in her own way. This shocked Kamui into being fully aware again, as she quickly scrambled up to pick the file that matched the photo Ulyana pierced. "Phantom... metahuman... illusions... attack..." she muttered to herself, her face slowly lighting up before turning towards the rest of the group.

    Look alive, ladies and gentleman, for we have our target for the night! Kamui announced triumphantly, dramatically presenting the perforated photo to the group. "This lady's name is Phantom, and last week she went mental and decided to attack an insurance company for god knows what reason, hurting a lot of people and causing more collateral damage than we do on a regular basis. Her powers are mainly about making illusions of herself, and she likes to hide and dodge between those illusions, which means that we have to play whackamole with her. Though, try to not whack her too hard. She's still mostly human in terms of what she can take, and AEGIS probably would want her alive." Kamui places emphasis on the last sentence, giving a meaningful glare at Remilia as she does so before continuing. "She's currently on the run right now, hiding through the city. Though considering she did attack an insurance company last time she was seen, and that company suddenly got a suspicious boost in profits... yeah, what I'm saying is we should probably split up and cover any other big insurance business in Halycon. I mean, there's only, what, two of three of those here, not counting the one she attacked? It wouldn't be that hard, especially considering we have a teleporter in our group."

    "Anyway, this is our chance to show off that we're not just the people who throw cars at supervillains, but that we also can have some finesse. If we do well here, AEGIS might even let us do something more exciting than locking us up in a boring building in nowhere suburbia and sending us against Z-tier villains. Am I right or am I not?"
    Last edited by roko10; 2019-09-22 at 04:08 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wuff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2018

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    The wall cracks slightly as Evo's fist collides. The material itself is possibly weaker than even drywall, but some thick insulation prevents her fist from entirely passing through. It's becoming more and more clear with every meeting here that this place was the cheapest and most throwaway asset available.

    The picture shows a snap of a pale, tall, masked performer, clearly taken on the streets. Her costume is remarkably plain. She wears a light, clinging robe, which covers her hair but leaves her bare arms exposed. The markedly feminine blank mask which covers her face seems to be smirking at whoever is taking the picture. Her eyes peer out in an almost eerie way, though it is hard to tell what colour they are due to the camera's poor quality.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Blue Jay (Franka Blue)
    Potential: 0/5
    Conditions: -


    "What do you mean Conner isn't home?", Blue Jay asked her sister Chloe over the phone. She was outside, away from the others, trying to ban all anger and frustration she had with her brother from her voice so Chloe wouldn't think she was in trouble. "Ok, just...do you know if Sera is there?...What...no Remi isn't there, I know that...ok just...Chloe...CHLOE! Listen! Lock the door, call Sera on the house phone and ask her to pick you...what? Was that the door? Conner? Chloe, give me Conner...Where were you Conner? And don't lie to me...uhu...ok...so, you just went down to do the laundry?...yeah, we'll talk about this when I get home from work...or tomorrow...bye and bring your sister to bed." Franka rolled her eyes, which couldn't be seen under the mask 'Doing laundry'...sure...do I even wanna know? With an weary sigh and shaking her head, Franka went back into meeting room, ready to excuse herself if the others hadn't managed to come to a decision by now.

    Inside she noticed that it had apparently been Evo who had made a choice and she came just in time to catch Providence's rundown of the situation.

    "Any known weaknesses?", Blue Jay asked and continued "and shouldn't we stick together? Maybe we can figure out her most likely next target?"

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Riot
    Potential: 0
    Conditions:

    Honestly, this official hero thing really sucked any of the fun out of being a hero. There was paperwork, there was a lot of time spent waiting around while A.E.G.I.S tried to figure out which boring people they wanted their team to stop, there was choices they had the illusion of, it was just all around a boring concept for Riot. And she knew that she wasn't the only one feeling this either, especially with how Crosswinds was carrying on about it. She had been hoping to be seeing some action, doing something. Though Sera had reminded her a couple times it took a lot of work to be a hero, and a lot of the time you needed to build up; you couldn't just start fighting the biggest baddest villain in town.

    But she was impatient.

    She looked over to Evo, leaning back in her chair trying to balance it a little, as Evo took her frustrations out on the files, throwing them over her shoulder and spearing them with her strange but honestly cool bio matter things. She nodded in agreement as she mentioned food "perfect… Sounds like a plan I can get behind" she said, a soft french lilt backing the harder tone of her voice. Watching as Providence scrambled to find out who they were fighting, she noticed that Blue Jay decided to poke her head in after her phone call while they had a rough plan laid out for them by Providence.

    Though she did shoot a glare back when Providence mentioned not wacking her too hard. A smirk spread across her face as she continued to recline in her chair "So go for her knees not her body or head, got it" she said lazily as Blue Jay chimed in. Riot looked back and nodded pointed with her thumb to her and said "I'm with her. Splitting sounds like a dumb plan, what if one group doesn't get to do anything because she went to a different place." she said, turning her eyes to Providence and flashed her a smile "besides… Finesse is overrated. If you want to make a statement you go big and bombastic" she finished, looking around at the rest of the group as she said this.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cloud Cuckooland

    Post Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Kamui Kezui, aka Providence
    Conditions: None.


    Kamui rolls her eyes at what Remillia said. "Yeah, yeah, I get it, you want to smash stuff, but the thing is that Phantom is just a normal lady behind all the illusions. Too hard a hit from your bat and she's a goner, and AEGIS will have even more reasons to be pissed at us."
    She almost continues with her countargument but then pauses, thinking about it a bit more

    "...you might have a good point against splitting up, though. I thought that Crosswind can teleport people to one of his daggers along with him if they hold onto him, So my plan was to split in two groups have Crosswind give one of his daggers to the group he isn't in, then have him teleport him and his partner to one of his daggers if the other group spots her, or hand over one of his daggers to his partner, teleport to the other group, and then teleport the other group to his partner. Though, again, that relies a lot on my assumptions about the Dagger of Wind?" She turns towards Crosswind. "Is that something your daggers can do?"
    Last edited by roko10; 2019-09-20 at 12:42 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Crosswind heard his name and slowly got up his hands on his knees. He turned his torso back and forth on the spot to stretch out and then turned to Providence. "First off aside from the muscle twins, I don't know if you've noticed but the rest of us arent any tougher than the normal person. Phantom is either a threat which means I won't hold back or she isn't a threat which means she isn't worth our time. As for the Daggers I can't say I've tried it but if my costume comes with me I assume people aren't too different. Who wants to be the Guinea pig? he he." Crosswind was amused by the last part he looked around to see any takers.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Blue Jay (Franka Blue)
    Potential: 0/5
    Conditions: -


    Blue Jay frowned and glared at Crosswind when he spoke, talking about not holding back. She stepped up to him and channeling the frustation and anxiety she had about her younger brother into what she had to say, "For one...I'm tougher...two we take her down without killing her. I know you have this whole 'I don't care' shtick going on...but we are heroes, we are supposed to be better than those we fight. If we have no standards, no morals, we're just mercenaries...so...you'll hold back. Or you'll sit this one out. Your choice."

    Spoiler: using influence
    Show

    I use my Influence to tell Crosswind who he is and how this works, trying to shift his Danger down and his Savior up.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    "Heroes? Ha don't make me laugh. I don't think you know this by now but we are dressed up dogs for AEGIS at the moment. And even then you know what heroes do? They take down the villain because villains hurt people and they should be taken down as fast as possible so they don't hurt anyone else. Holding back isn't going to help that. But no I won't kill her, hell I won't even get close cause that isn't my style if that puts your mind at ease. Villains know what they get into and they know the consequences of it, if they can't handle it well maybe they should start." Crosswind felt good about himself he thought the appeal to helping others was a nice touch of course. He started twirling his dagger on his finger.

    Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    (2d6)[5]


    But he sat back on the couch knowing that he pulled most of that out of his ass. "But fine we'll do it your way hero"
    Last edited by Jumbus; 2019-09-20 at 10:03 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cloud Cuckooland

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Kamui Kezui, aka Providence
    Conditions: None.


    Kamui opened her mouth, but was cut off by Blue Jay before she could speak. Somewhat annoyed, she then proceeded to try and talk again after everything has simmered down a bit. "So, about the daggers... I volunteer for the test. I mean, it's for science, right?"

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wuff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2018

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    As Providence moves to volunteer, there is a sound at the door, and the clock ticks over into the next hour. There is a soft knock, before three quick raps. Each one of you had been individually told that this place was not to be spoken about at all to those who didn't have the right clearance. Of course, AEGIS hadn't been so transparent as to reveal who actually did have this clearance, so the best line of action was to simply not talk to anyone.

    After a long moment, there is another knock, this one is significantly less patient. Despite the distant lights, it's dark outside, and no one has any business showing up here at this time. Nobody is expected to be showing up around now.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Without bothering to look or aim, Crosswind threw his dagger into the door. "As much as I like the offer Providence, the whole teleport thing only works one way if we do it. So I would prefer Riot or Evo with me in case we are the ones to meet her." Crosswind teleported to his dagger by the door and begun reaching for the handle.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Ulyana Khorzikhov, aka Evo
    Doom Track: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Conditions: None.


    Ulyana was more than a little upset at the way Crosswind cut down Providence, hell, with the BT Driver and her analytical brain, Evo wasn't sure that she'd be able to win in a straight up fight. "Just cuz I'm willing to let you teleport me to the site, doesn't mean you're getting into my pants dagger-boy." She dead panned snarked, "Now get the door."

    She did, however, turn her body so she was fully committed to stepping in the way of any on-coming threat, she wasn't about to let anything happen to her teammates, even Dagger-boy.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2019-09-22 at 08:11 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Riot
    Potential 0/5
    Conditions: None

    Remi looked to Providence and rolled her eyes a little, pointing to the bat that was sitting at the table in front of her, your run of the mill wooden baseball bat “Why do you think I use it?” she idly said with a shrug “They would be pissed at me if I did and pissed at me if I didn’t use it. AEGIS just wants to be pissed at us.” she said before looking to Crosswind and rolling her eyes in annoyance. He loved to hear himself talk and this was clearly him trying to talk himself up, trying to make himself look tougher or something, acting hard and stuff.

    Then a smirk spread across her face as Evo took a shot at Crosswind, shutting him down, as they had done a couple times a piece. Riot heard the knock at the door and craned her neck to take a look at it, watching as Crosswind teleported to his dagger in a rather pointless over the top show. So all in all it checked out for Crosswind. And much like Evo, she let the fall to all four legs as she got to her feet and stretched out, her hand wrapping around the chair’s back, causing the wood to creak with strain. Her eyes moved to Evo for a moment, hoping to make eye contact before flashing a smirk to the woman and nodding before turning them back to the door, waiting to see who was visiting them. Hopefully it was trouble, because this night really could use some entertainment.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Blue Jay (Franka Blue)
    Potential: 0/5
    Conditions: -


    Franka was satisfied with Crosswind backing down. He could talk, as long as he didn't cross a line, Franka was fine with it. The bit of tension that was building between the group members was momentarily, at least put on hold as everyone's attention was on the door that had just been knocked.

    Franka backed up a little, towards the wall where all the power lines ran through and pressed her hand against it, causing the light to flicker for a moment as she charged herself in case there was a danger, she'd rather be ready.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Crosswind turned back to look at Evo "haha don't flatter yourself". Making sure to give a friendly smile back to show it was all just friendly banter before she went to break his arm. He quite enjoyed the back and forth in all honesty. Crosswind then turned to Providence "oh and sorry I don't mean much by it just that I would like someone who can break bones easy in case things go incredibly south with only two people."

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wuff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2018

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Crosswind opens the door to reveal a petite brunette with fair skin. She pokes her head around the door, before going doe-eyed and backing off a little, shuffling away from the room of deadly heroes. There's a card scanner at her hip, a Pizza ShackTM cap on her head and a box clutched in her hand. The receipt is upside down, but written in big lettering is "Crosswind" and "20% Hero Discount On All Pizza Deliveries."

    Her vehicle must be parked further up the road, as it's not in sight. This place isn't exactly easy to get to. She shoots a glance to her right, before an abrupt change comes over her. She perks up, her back straightening and her chin raising. "Thank you for ordering from Pizza Shack and for your service to the city, Hero!" Her voice trembles uncertainly at the end, as if she doesn't have much conviction. She clearly knows something. Regardless of her doubts though, she proffers the pizza box, her hands only shake ever so slightly.

    She waits for a moment before speaking again. "Am I interrupting something? Are you expecting somebody?"

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Crosswind leans against the door frame putting on some charm. "Hey how you doing? I was getting a little worried for a bit because you were 5 minutes away from the 30 minutes or less deal and I wouldn't want you not getting paid." He pulled out the money he had for it, handed it over and took the pizza. "Now this place is supposed to be secret so I wouldn't supposed you could keep it that way, would you?" Giving her a wink.

    Spoiler: Roll Provoke Someone on the delivery girl
    Show

    (2d6+2)[10] will pick to say she stays quiet about the base through charm


    "Though I wouldn't mind you coming back."
    Last edited by Jumbus; 2019-09-24 at 06:36 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Ulyana Khorzikhov, aka Evo
    Doom Track: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Conditions: None.


    Ulyana walked behind Bradley as he tried to put the moves on this poor girl, oblivious to the subtle but noticeable shift in her demeanor when she first spoke to the assembled teens. However, as she moved, and while Crosswind's body blocked the delivery girl's line of sight, Ulyana's body shifted slightly, losing it's edge, her tattoos gone, her piercings absorbed into her new form. She didn't shift her appearance radically, she just softened her edge, her demeanor, and was much more, the girl next door as she approached the delivery girl. She grabbed the receipt from the top of the box, checked the driver's name, and used it to address the young woman.

    "Hi! Just wanted to thank you for the pizza, the guys were starving!" She paused, shuffled awkwardly, like she was nervous, however, as she did so she studied the young woman carefully, looking for signs of her demeanor cracking, shifting, like she'd witnessed earlier, "I know the outskirts of Halcyon have been a little sketchy this last few weeks, especially at night." Another pause, playing the shy young girl, "Can I walk you to your car?"

    OOC: Rolling Mundane, +0, to Pierce Pizza Girl's Mask. (2d6+0)[5]. Let's see how this works. Whelp that sucks, but YAY!, Potential! Fully expecting to be blindsided when she gets possessed and kicks my ass, Riot better have the bat ready!
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2019-09-24 at 01:26 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cloud Cuckooland

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Kamui Kezui, aka Providence
    Conditions: None.


    Kamui shrugged at what Crosswind said; he does have a point, crazy as that sentence sounds. "Eh, none taken."

    When she heard the knock on the door, however, Kamui's on high alert, keeping one of her hands on the BT Driver in her pocket in case something happens. When it turns out it was just a pizza delivery girl and Crosswind just ordered a pizza (typical, really), she visibly relaxed for a bit, though she still keeps a solid grip on her Driver, her eyes fixated on the scene unfolding between Crosswind, Evo, and the delivery girl. Hold on, I didn't remember Bradley ordering a pizza...

    Spoiler: Assess The Situation
    Show
    (2d6+3)[8]
    Asking who or what here is in the greatest danger?
    Last edited by roko10; 2019-09-24 at 01:43 AM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Blue Jay (Franka Blue)
    Potential: 0/5
    Conditions: -


    The door opened to reveal a pizza delivery girl who seemed quite nervous. Blue Jay was already putting together a little speech for Crosswind who had apparently ordered the pizza. Or did he? Franka couldn't remember and she had stepped out for a bit earlier. She frowned and then closed her eyes, concentrating on her electroceptive senses, to see if anyone else besides the team and delivery girl was around. It was incredibly difficult to find the weak electric impulses coming from the human brain when you are surrounded by so many generators of electric fields, especially at a distance.

    Spoiler: Unleash
    Show

    I think I should roll Unleash, since I'm trying to greatly expand the range of Franka's special sense? If no roll is needed, disregard it.
    What I'm trying to do is using the Electroception to detect anyone besides the team and the delivery girl within the vicinity around (or inside) the building we're in.

    (2d6-1)[4]


  24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wuff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2018

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Bea, as identified by the receipt, looks truly overwhelmed with all the attention being laid on her. At Crosswind's words and wink, she flushes a little, her eyes going downcast momentarily as the heat rises in her cheeks. The cash is clutched tight in her now empty hand. When Evo adresses her by her name, her eyes widen, until she remembers that her name is on the receipt. She looks like she wants to bolt away despite the softening of her appearance, and her head shakes a little in response to the offer.

    "Uh... No, thank you, Miss." She tries to offer a polite nod, then makes more moves away before continuing to speak. "There's not really enough pizza for a group... You seem busy. And, I... I'm not that far away. I'm fine, thank you." She points off into the darkness, down the path. There's no car in sight. If she did come by vehicle, it would be a walk in the dark for at least a few minutes.

    She looks nervous when Blue Jay starts to do her thing, and starts slowly moving back towards the way she pointed. "Thank you." She repeats, trying to excuse herself.

    Spoiler: Providence
    Show
    There is absolutely no doubt that in this situation, the most vulnerable person is the pizza girl. She shows no signs of being dangerous. There are no weapons on her person, and as far as you can tell, she has no powers.


    Spoiler: Blue Jay
    Show
    It's hard, but you can, to some extent, manage what you were trying to do. It helps that there is little interference except for some broken wiring in the walls of this place, which most definitely needs sorting out. Other than the group here, you can't sense practically anything out for a few metres around the place. However, you don't quite know the outer limits of your perception. It's entirely possible that there could be an entire hit squad just out of your reach.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Ulyana Khorzikhov, aka Evo
    Doom Track: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Conditions: None.


    Evo nods as the young woman's face blanched at her offer, "Yea, that's fine. Looks safe out there, but hey, Bea, listen. Folks like us," she purposefully looked towards Franka, then nodded, indicating herself, "we're the freaks," another look at Bradley, "and geeks. We want nothing more than to be normal, you know, live normal lives, be treated like everyone else." She shrugged, "I know it's alot to taqke in quickly, but listen, if we wanna order a party pizza later on, can we ask for you?" She held the door open for the girl, "You seem to have your head on straight, and it'd be nice to see a friendly face."

    OOC: Going to offer Bea Comfort & Support since she seems, so obviously, overwhelmed with everything going on here. Rolling Mundane, +0, (2d6+0)[8]. Let's see how this turns out for Bea the Pizza Girl!

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    "Yeah would love to see you around again." Crosswind gave another wink then turned away from the door back inside. Already digging into his pizza. "So when do you guys want to head off for this Phantom lady." His mouth still full he swallowed the rest. "I don't mind moving with this pizza but it certainly will slow me down." The flavour is Hawaiian.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cloud Cuckooland

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Kamui Kezui, aka Providence
    Conditions: None.


    Realizing that the pizza girl is, in fact, just a regular girl, Kamui drops her guard entirely and walks towards both Ulyana and Bradley. She frowns when she sees that the pizza is actually quite small. "Wait, you bought pizza only for yourself?" Kamui said, "Seriously?"

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wuff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2018

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Bea nods in a way that is almost solemn to Evo and then, slightly more curtly, to Crosswind. "I think I understand what you mean." She backs off, seeming a bit more relaxed than she was before. "If you ask for me by name they'll probably send me. I should get going for now though, they'll want me back soon." She pauses before turning around, for long enough to say "Thanks..."

    Then, she's off, a slightly sheepish, somewhat baffled look on her face. Eventually, the darkness swallows up her form, and she fades from sight. The night is drawing on, in an hour, it'll be exactly a week since Phantom carried out her first attack, according to the file that Providence had investigated.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Ulyana Khorzikhov, aka Evo
    Doom Track: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Conditions: None.


    Ulyana watched Beau leave, hesitantly, somewhat nervous about what the future would bring for the young woman, what side she'd end up falling on, and if they had pushed her, one way or another. "BLAYT!" She exclaimed, before taking a moment to inhale, exhale, she didn't need to put a fist through anyone, at least not anyone, here! There was another matter to take care of, and maybe in taking care of that threat she could work out some of her own problems.

    She sighed, again, and turned towards Providence, putting an arm around her shoulder, softly, almost hesitently before whispering to her; "Kam, I could," she looked around clearly nervous of what she was about to say, "the lab," Providence immediately knew what Ulyana was speaking of, considering some of their earlier talks on the subject, "they have one close, I could, well, they could." Another sigh, "the %&$*#$'s could track us, they have equipment all over the city, we could probably ... you know. Track down this $&%*$ using those %^$&#*'s equipment, but, I'd, uhhh, need someone to help keep me focused." Ulyana's eyes were wide, fear was not something Providence was used to seeing there. "That place," she shuddered and her voice trailed off. "Should we use it, use Chelovechestvo's research or ... can we find another way?"

    OOC: Yup! Ulyana's offering up using her Sanctuary and it's *powerful computer* to track down the whereabouts of this Phantom-chick, but she's only really willing to do it with Providence, because so far she's the only one who really knows Ulyana's deal and about the experimentation in anything other than a broad, generalised way.

    Also this feels like it triggers my 2nd team move; When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, give them Influence over you and ask if they honestly think there’s hope for you. If they say yes, mark potential or clear one box of your doom track. If they say no, mark a condition or mark your doom track. If Providence says yes we should use the Sanctuary we're using Anti-Meta tech to do it, so that feels like there's no hope, if she says find another way, that feels like there is hope. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2019-09-27 at 05:43 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Masks - Dark Idols [IC]

    Riot
    Potential 0/5
    Conditions: None

    As the door opened to reveal that it was just a pizza delivery that Crosswind had called, she sighed a little and her body relaxed a little. Part of her wanted to throw the chair at the back of his head for doing something dumb like that and not telling them, the other part of her knew that if she did that it likely would end up in both his injury and the pizza girl’s as well. She rolled her eyes as Crosswind flirted with her, guess he might actually be realizing that at some of them here weren’t interested all that much and was moving onto other pastures. Though a small frown did play on her face as Evo offered to walk her back. No it wasn’t jealousy, she was just annoyed that it ended up being something so boring like a pizza person.

    Sitting back down Riot tapped her foot impatiently and sighed a little before looking to Blue Jay trying to avert her eyes as she watched Evo walk up to Providence and get all buddy buddy with her. “So any clue where to chase down this phantom lady? Cause I am starving and since someone didn’t order enough for everyone now I’m even hungrier. Sooner we get this done the sooner I can go and bother my neighbor for some food… She always cooks some amazing stuff” the last part was mostly a general statement, and part of her hoped that Evo heard it, maybe it would make her jealous or something. The other benefit was Blue Jay always seemed to understand things, while Riot was more the one to punch first; and if there was nothing to punch then she was lost.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •