New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Lore Bard progression - check my thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Much belated, but if you want a source of good, repeatable, damage, take Moonbeam over Eldritch Blast.
    I think I would prefer Spiritual Weapon over Moonbeam. Slightly less damage but it used your Bonus action not Action and does not take concentration.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyracian View Post
    I think I would prefer Spiritual Weapon over Moonbeam. Slightly less damage but it used your Bonus action not Action and does not take concentration.
    But if you're looking at Eldritch Blast you're wanting something to do with your action anyway.
    Although the concentration thing is a very big point.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    But if you're looking at Eldritch Blast you're wanting something to do with your action anyway.
    Although the concentration thing is a very big point.
    Well the OP was talking about wanting to deal with mobs rather than specifically something to use there action on. Both use up resources I just think it is easier for characters to find other uses for their Action rather than Bonus Action.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

While we have not hit lvl 6 yet, I am pretty sure that I will pick Spiritual Weapon and Counterspell. Spending a spellslot to get to do a bunch of damage for, most likely, the entire combat seems nice. I also think whacking with the spiritual weapon and trying to impose disadv with mockery is pretty strong bread and butter attack. I also like that it can be upcast and the fact that it does not use concentration is pretty big. Only downside I see is that as it is a bonus action in competes with healing word. That seems to be my most used spell. With all the devine magic we got i the party one would think that we would have that covered. But ...no.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tangleweed View Post
    With all the devine magic we got i the party one would think that we would have that covered. But ...no.
    Hopefully these spells will mean less of the rest of the party dying. You can always use your action on a medicine check or feeding someone a healing potion rather than missing a Spirit Weapon Attack.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tangleweed View Post
    While we have not hit lvl 6 yet, I am pretty sure that I will pick Spiritual Weapon and Counterspell.
    While there are a lot of good options for level 6 magical secrets, yours are good choices. Have fun. If you haven't seen it yet, Treantmonk just released videos for each of the magical secrets. Here's his video for level 6. I think he talks about spiritual weapon in one of the other videos if it's not in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4bLK_V11UQ

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewizard View Post
    While there are a lot of good options for level 6 magical secrets, yours are good choices. Have fun. If you haven't seen it yet, Treantmonk just released videos for each of the magical secrets. Here's his video for level 6. I think he talks about spiritual weapon in one of the other videos if it's not in this one.
    Twelve and bit minutes into his Level 10 video https://youtu.be/8uJyZfRLxzo?t=764