The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: A New League (DCA/M&M 3e)

Quote Originally Posted by Final View Post
    Interesting. Did you know that in the DC universe, there is technically a sub-race of human, called Homo Magi?
    That looks nice. I think I’ll work that into the character. Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

One more from me: what are Powergirl and Supergirl doing? Any plans for them that I’m stepping on if I wanted one for my character? If I’m up on my lore I believe Supergirl would still be in the far flung future with the Legion making Powergirl the last Kyptonian (besides Superboy). Am I right?
    Last edited by Deja Who?; 2019-09-20 at 11:14 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Sophie Ward/Titania
    Show

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Given her parenthood, Sophie Ward had a rather mundane childhood. Her father was, unbeknownst to himself and his family, a white martian formerly of the now defunct Hyperclan, his memories erased and abilities suppressed by Martian Manhunter. Her mother, on the other hand, was the now retired villainous mercenary Calamity, who possessed rather potent telepathic powers. In spite of her rather potent metahuman heritage, Sophia showed none of this herself, seeming to be a perfectly normal human until late into her teens.
    About a year ago ago, shortly after turning seventeen, she finally started showing signs of her powers as her telepathy developed. Initially, it seemed nothing more than growing slightly more empathic and wandering thoughts, but over the space of a mere month it grew from that to the telepathic powerhouse she is today, capable of simultaneously skimming the surface thoughts of dozens, or effortlessly reaching out to specific people across an entire state.
    It was her developing abilities that allowed her to deduce some of what had happened to her father. Although she couldn’t get a clear picture of what had happened, she quickly figured out both her non-human heritage, that he remembered none of it, and that Martian Manhunter was responsible.
    Though she kept what she had found secret, it was nonetheless her reaction to this discovery that lead to her abilities being revealed to her family, and thus unrest in the Ward household. After discovering her daughter’s abilities, her mother was insistent that she should take the opportunity, and become the new Calamity. Sophie, on the other hand, still shaken from her recent discoveries, outright refused, both being of a heroic bent, and wanting to completely conceal her abilities, fearing that what had been done to her father would be repeated with her. Ultimately the argument ended with her mother, nostalgic about her time as a supervillain and frustrated by Sophie’s refusal to take action, taking up the mask once more.
    In spite of her initial insistence on staying entirely hidden from public view, this changed over the next several months. Her telepathy, though the first and most prominent, was not the only Martian ability she developed. Her body became naturally stronger and tougher, her skin grew paler, and she had more control of her biology, until finally her transformation was complete, her natural form was obviously inhuman, but she had the strength to effortlessly throw around cars, and the durability to shrug off attacks that shred steel. But even as her body changed, so did her mind. Where once she was happy to stand aside and do nothing, now, she felt the need for conflict.
    Still of a more heroic bent than her mother, she instead took on the guise of a superhero, presenting herself to the public as yet another ‘flying brick’ in a cape, Titania.
    Soon to be updated to reflect the setting.

Spoiler: Description
    Show

Coming Soon

Spoiler: Complications
    Show

Motivation: Acceptance Scared about being rejected for her non-human nature, or 'modified' like her father, she wants to be recognised and accepted as a hero by society.
    Motivation: Conflict Much like many White Martians, she feels driven to violence, and is using heroism as a constructive way to deal with it.
    Complication: Power Loss Being part Martian, she loses all but her telepathy, which is, in part, derived from her human ancestry, while exposed to fire.
    Complication: Secret Due to being unaware of her father's criminal background, she is deathly afraid of Martian Manhunter, and therefore the Justice League, discovering her nature as part White Martian, and so tries to keep her shapeshifting secret if possible.
    Complication: Rivalry Ever since her mother took on the role of Calamity once more, Sophie has felt responsible. As a result, she intervenes whenever she can. So far, she has yet to actually win any of their fights.

Spoiler: The Build
    Show
    Titania - PL 10

Strength 10, Stamina 8, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence -1

Advantages
    Benefit (Ambidexterity), Fast Grab, Improved Hold

Skills
    Close Combat: Unarmed 10 (+10), Deception 6/13 (+5/12) Insight 0/7 (+0/7), Persuasion 0/7 (+0/7), Perception 0/7 (+0/7)

Spoiler: Powers
    Show
    Spoiler: Daughter of Mars (25 PP)
    Show

Martian Durability (5 PP) (Protection 5)
    Telekinetic Flight (12 PP) (Flight 6)
    Fledgling Shifter 12 PP (Morph 3: Humanoid, Continuous, Increased Action: Standard action)

Spoiler: Telepathy (52 PP)
    Show

Psychic Assault (41 PP) (Perception Damage 10; Subtle, resisted by Will)
    [Psychic Blast/B] (1 PP) (Damage 10; Subtle, Close Range, Area (Burst 30ft), Selective, resisted by Will)
    Thought Infiltration (1 PP) (Mind Reading 10; Subtle, Cumulative)
    Thought Scan (1 PP) (Mind Reading 10; Subtle, Close Range, Area (Burst 120ft), Selective, Limited to Surface Thoughts, resisted by Will, Enhanced Skill )
    Telepathic Communication (1 PP) (Communication 3: Mental; Subtle, Area, Selective, Comprehend Languages (speak, hear, be understood regardless of language), Enhanced Skills (Deception 7, Insight 7, Perception 7, Persuasion 7))
    Telepathic Bulwark (1 PP) (Immunity (effects resisted by Will), Sustained)
    The Mind's Eye (6 PP) (Senses; Detect Minds, Accurate, Acute, Extended, Ranged)

Languages
    English

Defense
    Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 8, Toughness 13, Will 12

Power Points
    Abilities 38 + Powers 77 + Advantages 3 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Defenses 24 = 150

Here is the original form of said part-martian character, Titania,

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

This is a WiP, and represents a character with raw power and ability, but is under-baked when it comes to skills and moves.

Spoiler
    Show
    Superwoman

Name: Mara-Zod/Emma Jaeger
    Public Name: Superwoman
    Race: Kryptonian
    Residence: Small-town Louisiana.
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 156 lbs
    Profession: Fitness Instructor

Personality:
    Friendly, upbeat and always ready with a smile and affectionate moniker for everyone she meets

History:

ABILITIES (74 pp)
    Strength 12, Stamina 12, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, fighting 4, intellect 1, awareness 1, presence 3

OFFENSE
    Initiative +2/+18
    Unarmed +8, close damage 12
    Heat vision +10 ranged damage 8

DEFENSE (17 pp)
    Dodge 8
    Parry 8
    Fortitude 12
    Toughness 12 (Impervious 12)
    Will 8

ADVANTAGES (6 pp)
    Accurate Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Interpose, Move-by Action

SKILLS
    Close combat unarmed 4 (+8), Expertise (Fitness) (+5), insight 4 (+5), Perception 5 (+6), Persuasion 3 (+6)

POWERS (46 pp)
    Kryptonian (Multiple effects, 21pp)
    - Immunity: Aging, Disease, Environmental Conditions (Cold, heat, high pressure, radiation, vacuum, suffocation)
    - Impervious Toughness: Impervious Toughness 12

Powers of the Yellow Sun (Array, 25pp)
    Main Power: Flight (Multiple Effects)
    -- Flight 9; 1,000 mph, 2 miles/per round, aquatic.
    -- Movement 1: Space Travel

- Alt. Power: Heatvision, (Blast Damage 8)
    Range 800 ft, DC 23, Accurate 5 (+10).

- Alt. Power: Superspeed (Multiple Effects)
    -- Quickness 8: -8 time ranks.
    -- Speed 8: 500 mph.
    -- Enhanced trait: Improved Initiative 4.

- Alt. Power: Super-senses (Multiple Effects)
    - Senses 16: Counters All Concealment (Vision), Darkvision, Extended 2 (Vision), Extended 2 (Hearing), Penetrates Concealment (Vision), Ultra-hearing.
    - Enhanced Trait: Perception +8.

- Alt. Power: Super-strength (Power-Lifting 8)
    +8 Str, limited to lifting (25k tons)

Complications:
    Power Loss - Red Sun and Kryptonite: Superwoman loses her powers when under a red sun or exposed to Kryptonite.

Responsibility - Protege of Superman: Mara-Zod feels a great responsibility to carry on Supermans work. She is underbaked and has nowhere near the skills or experience to fill the massive shoes he's left, but she has to try.

Secret identity - Emma Jaeger: Mara's human persona, Emma Jaeger, is almost her real identity. Raised on Earth and never having seen her homeplanet, Emma considers herself culturally human (specifically Southern USA). Strangely, no one seems to connect Emma's physical appearance to the identical image of Superwoman.

Good ol' Girl: Emma was raised in small-town Louisiana, USA. She has a gentle Southern accent, she regularly attends her First Methodist church, will strive to have some ice tea waiting for any visitors she might receive, loves her Jack Daniels and hasn't seen a chicken she didn't want to fry. Emma has a traditional bent that might rub the wrong way against more "enlightened" meta-humans of the day, as she doesn't believe in sex before marriage, strongly supports the 2nd Amendment, is a small "L" libertarian, among other things. Emma is not a preacher and generally goes about with 'live and let live', but if questioned or asked for her opinion, she won't shy away from giving it.

Patriotic: Emma is not a Howard Zinn-esque being - she is rather quite the opposite. She is not jingoistic and, as above, doesn't speak on this topic unless it comes up, nor is she a blind "my country wrong or right" zealot, but Emma is loyal to the Stars and Stripes. She'll hold her tongue in the company of mild criticism, but she has fiery words for those who'd burn the flag and tarnish the history of her adoptive home.

74 abilities + 46 powers + 6 advantages + 10 skills + 17 defenses = 153/150
    My Homebrew:
    Pathfinder - The Demonologist
    Pathfinder - The Runeseer

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh a kyptonian. Never mind on my questions I’ll go with my other ideas. XD

Speaking of, if the role of Batman is contested than does that mean no one is running around as Nightwing? Because I assume Grayson is running around as Batman. Just curious. I’m currently obsessed with mantling one of the deceased heroes.
    Last edited by Deja Who?; 2019-09-20 at 07:29 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Speaking of changing ideas, I'm changing mine because the build is becoming something hard for me to wrap my head around. But I have a new idea based off a Magneta character.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I honestly didn't think there would be many people interested in redoing some DC heroes, I have a basic idea on what most DC characters (heroes , villains etc...) are doing but open minded to the idea of people doing their own version.
    On that topic, is it possible to share which Lantern was with the League when they went on their mission? Hal, John, Kyle, or someone else? And are the others still around? I deliberately kept my backstory vague on which one specifically was involved (because it doesn't really matter to this character) but was curious. :)

8. - Top - End - #38
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Who? View Post
    Oh a kyptonian. Never mind on my questions I’ll go with my other ideas. XD

Speaking of, if the role of Batman is contested than does that mean no one is running around as Nightwing? Because I assume Grayson is running around as Batman. Just curious. I’m currently obsessed with mantling one of the deceased heroes.
    Nightwing (**** Grayson) is around.
    Jason Todd is around.
    Damian Wayne is around.
    Batwoman is around.
    Batgirl (Stephanie Brown) is around.
    Oracle is around.

The Battle for batman mantle is inspired obviously by Battle for the Cowl.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    This is a WiP, and represents a character with raw power and ability, but is under-baked when it comes to skills and moves.

Spoiler
    Show
    Superwoman

Name: Mara-Zod/Emma Jaeger
    Public Name: Superwoman
    Race: Kryptonian
    Residence: Small-town Louisiana.
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 156 lbs
    Profession: Fitness Instructor

Personality:
    Friendly, upbeat and always ready with a smile and affectionate moniker for everyone she meets

History:

ABILITIES (74 pp)
    Strength 12, Stamina 12, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, fighting 4, intellect 1, awareness 1, presence 3

OFFENSE
    Initiative +2/+18
    Unarmed +8, close damage 12
    Heat vision +10 ranged damage 8

DEFENSE (17 pp)
    Dodge 8
    Parry 8
    Fortitude 12
    Toughness 12 (Impervious 12)
    Will 8

ADVANTAGES (6 pp)
    Accurate Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Interpose, Move-by Action

SKILLS
    Close combat unarmed 4 (+8), Expertise (Fitness) (+5), insight 4 (+5), Perception 5 (+6), Persuasion 3 (+6)

POWERS (46 pp)
    Kryptonian (Multiple effects, 21pp)
    - Immunity: Aging, Disease, Environmental Conditions (Cold, heat, high pressure, radiation, vacuum, suffocation)
    - Impervious Toughness: Impervious Toughness 12

Powers of the Yellow Sun (Array, 25pp)
    Main Power: Flight (Multiple Effects)
    -- Flight 9; 1,000 mph, 2 miles/per round, aquatic.
    -- Movement 1: Space Travel

- Alt. Power: Heatvision, (Blast Damage 8)
    Range 800 ft, DC 23, Accurate 5 (+10).

- Alt. Power: Superspeed (Multiple Effects)
    -- Quickness 8: -8 time ranks.
    -- Speed 8: 500 mph.
    -- Enhanced trait: Improved Initiative 4.

- Alt. Power: Super-senses (Multiple Effects)
    - Senses 16: Counters All Concealment (Vision), Darkvision, Extended 2 (Vision), Extended 2 (Hearing), Penetrates Concealment (Vision), Ultra-hearing.
    - Enhanced Trait: Perception +8.

- Alt. Power: Super-strength (Power-Lifting 8)
    +8 Str, limited to lifting (25k tons)

Complications:
    Power Loss - Red Sun and Kryptonite: Superwoman loses her powers when under a red sun or exposed to Kryptonite.

Responsibility - Protege of Superman: Mara-Zod feels a great responsibility to carry on Supermans work. She is underbaked and has nowhere near the skills or experience to fill the massive shoes he's left, but she has to try.

Secret identity - Emma Jaeger: Mara's human persona, Emma Jaeger, is almost her real identity. Raised on Earth and never having seen her homeplanet, Emma considers herself culturally human (specifically Southern USA). Strangely, no one seems to connect Emma's physical appearance to the identical image of Superwoman.

Good ol' Girl: Emma was raised in small-town Louisiana, USA. She has a gentle Southern accent, she regularly attends her First Methodist church, will strive to have some ice tea waiting for any visitors she might receive, loves her Jack Daniels and hasn't seen a chicken she didn't want to fry. Emma has a traditional bent that might rub the wrong way against more "enlightened" meta-humans of the day, as she doesn't believe in sex before marriage, strongly supports the 2nd Amendment, is a small "L" libertarian, among other things. Emma is not a preacher and generally goes about with 'live and let live', but if questioned or asked for her opinion, she won't shy away from giving it.

Patriotic: Emma is not a Howard Zinn-esque being - she is rather quite the opposite. She is not jingoistic and, as above, doesn't speak on this topic unless it comes up, nor is she a blind "my country wrong or right" zealot, but Emma is loyal to the Stars and Stripes. She'll hold her tongue in the company of mild criticism, but she has fiery words for those who'd burn the flag and tarnish the history of her adoptive home.

74 abilities + 46 powers + 6 advantages + 10 skills + 17 defenses = 153/150
    Will wait to see the final product but right now at first glance, can say that it is trying too hard to squeeze points out of alternate effects.

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Speaking of changing ideas, I'm changing mine because the build is becoming something hard for me to wrap my head around. But I have a new idea based off a Magneta character.
    Assuming you mean some kind of Magenta inspiration...you can make an original character, it's not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Binks View Post
    On that topic, is it possible to share which Lantern was with the League when they went on their mission? Hal, John, Kyle, or someone else? And are the others still around? I deliberately kept my backstory vague on which one specifically was involved (because it doesn't really matter to this character) but was curious. :)
    Lantern (Hal Jordan) died.

Alan Scott is around (technically not part of the corps)
    Kyle Rayner is around, he was resurrected after the events of Blackest Night.
    John Stewart is around.
    Guy Gardner became a GL recently as well, after the events of Blackest Night.

Earth is an unusual case when it comes to Green Lanterns, no other sectors or planets ever had that many GL at one time.

9. - Top - End - #39

Will wait to see the final product but right now at first glance, can say that it is trying too hard to squeeze points out of alternate effects.

Aye, that's the problem with Kryptonians, as they have so many powers and they're all quite potent. At PL 10, 150 pp, you have to optimise a little bit to make a decent one, otherwise they're spread too thin. I've had to cut a few out entirely, and scale back on skills/advantages. The mechanics are (relatively) done except for being a few points over.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2019-09-20 at 09:51 PM.
    My Homebrew:

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

A useful comment. I was waiting to how you'd react other attempts at modeling the powers of DC characters, since they have low-powered and high-powered versions depending on which continuity one ascribes to, as well as differences in stats and builds depending on how one interprets them mechanically. Judging from this comment, do you to stick to the more low-powered interpretations of such powers?

and more significant question to myself: do you want my character to stick to a limited number of cosplays or even focusing on one cosplay, to limit its power? its intentionally designed so that its power can be limited by having to master different cosplay forms and she might simply be only able to use one competently enough for it to be statted up, or be expanded to be a more flexible arsenal of powers.

keep in mind that I cannot assume what a GM wants or will allow. how this particular version will work will depend on your input.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 24!

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    A useful comment. I was waiting to how you'd react other attempts at modeling the powers of DC characters, since they have low-powered and high-powered versions depending on which continuity one ascribes to, as well as differences in stats and builds depending on how one interprets them mechanically. Judging from this comment, do you to stick to the more low-powered interpretations of such powers?

and more significant question to myself: do you want my character to stick to a limited number of cosplays or even focusing on one cosplay, to limit its power? its intentionally designed so that its power can be limited by having to master different cosplay forms and she might simply be only able to use one competently enough for it to be statted up, or be expanded to be a more flexible arsenal of powers.

keep in mind that I cannot assume what a GM wants or will allow. how this particular version will work will depend on your input.

The majority of Justice League members are PL 10-11 (looking at the expanded roster, so including former members) like the Atom, Black Canary, Doctor Light, Firestorm etc...

The big iconics members like Superman being at the upper end of the scale with PL 15 and Batman being PL12 at the lower end of the scale. I mostly just use the DC Adventures books for most of their stats and abilities, as they are closer to my interpretation of the characters and didn't really get into New 52 to interpret them any other way.

I don't think there is any Kryptonian listed in the DC books under PL 12 and this even includes Krypto the Superdog.

A lower powered version of Kryptonian can be interpreted with Daxamite. They tend to be less powerful than the kryptonian but have roughly the same abilities. They cap way sooner than Kryptonians.

Flex role as described by the Superteam book are possible of course (which is pretty much the angle you are going for), but just like their suggestions, making a flex character that doesn't try to be the best at everything works best. Flexibility and options are fine.

Beast Boy of Teen Titans for a flex hero example, is PL10, 150 PP, his power set is simple and clear:

Quote Originally Posted by DC Heroes and Villains vol. 1
    Shapeshift: Variable (Animal Forms) 9, Move Action, Limited to Animals, Quirk (Always Green) • 62 points
    Beast Boy on top of it, has very few skills, advantages, more raw stats, and is an excellent example of a flex character. His animal forms give him a wide range of abilities but never makes him far above members of his team.

Speeding up play does involve writing down the most common forms/configurations used, if using a power like Variable Effects. The broader the range, make variable more expansive anyway.

If the cosplay does involve metamorph, it does get a little more complicated since it involves establishing some common traits between the forms, which ends up being a lot of back and forth, before establishing what's going on.
    Last edited by Final; 2019-09-21 at 01:13 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

PLs weren't what I was talking about.

I'm talking about the flexibility of the character. do you want people to be narrow with certain roles or flexible? how flexible? because you can be flexible or narrow regardless of PL, its all about how you build the character.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-09-21 at 01:44 AM.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    PLs weren't what I was talking about.

I'm talking about the flexibility of the character. do you want people to be narrow with certain roles or flexible? how flexible? because you can be flexible or narrow regardless of PL, its all about how you build the character.
    Depends on the character concept. Honestly, unless a character is a blatant abuse of the system, you probably won't see many comments from me.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Depends on the character concept. Honestly, unless a character is a blatant abuse of the system, you probably won't see many comments from me.
    okay, if you say so.

Spoiler: Rainbow Saber Main Crunch
    Show

Name: Jade Refera
    Superhero Identity: Rainbow Saber (its just what people call her, she didn't pick it herself)
    Complications:
    Justice:
    Jade has a strong sense of justice that often mixes with her anger and her determined nature. This does not always take the form of lashing out in anger. While pragmatism and a sense of nuance and proportionate punishment keeps her merciful towards normal criminals, she will argue for bigger villains like those that threaten entire cities or planets or being the Joker to be killed even in the clearest of mindsets and considering all the consequences, which may cause friction with more merciful heroes.
    Mysterious Technomagic:
    Her body is a strange kind of cyborg that can wield magical energy, this technomagic's source unknown. Thus its vulnerable to both being hacked or controlled by technological means, or subverted by magical ones, as well possibly having flaws or other hidden designs that could cause problems depending on what its made for.
    Quirky Cosplays:
    Certain cosplays have weaknesses, quirks or possibly their own personality to them manifesting in certain ways depending on whats being cosplayed. No cosplay is truly all-powerful and all of them have their own little oddities to them, that and tearing at the cosplay itself can weaken her powers if one uses scissor-like weaponry to do it. That and that forbidden, dark incredibly dangerous cosplays that one should NEVER don like....*shudder* Mickey Mouse Cosplay
    Mischievous:
    Despite her serious and pragmatic attitude towards justice, criminals and stopping threats to the world, she can at times be mischievous, snarky and a bit of a trickster, making fun of people as she fights. This can lead her to come up with creative ways to defeat them, but can also lead to messing around with her opponent just to make a joke or a reference, to do things a little more complicated than needed just to set up a humiliating defeat.
    Own Worst Critic:
    She has an innate distrust of pride and thus constantly keeps herself mindful of imperfection to keep herself humble, but this can lead to her being her own worst critic, and when she experiences what believes is a major failure, she can be really hard on herself and sink into despair as a result, particularly when death of those close to her results from it.

Attributes:
    Strength: 1
    Agility: 1
    Fighting: 8
    Awareness: 2
    Stamina: -
    Dexterity: 1
    Intellect: 1
    Presence:1

Advantages:
    Eidetic Memory, Jack-of-all-trades, Assessment, Skill Mastery (Insight), Improved Initiative, Uncanny Dodge

Skills:
    Insight 6, Perception 6, Expertise: Current Events 4, Expertise: Popular Culture 4,
    Investigation 4

Powers:
    Cyborg Body: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects),
    Reduced Traits (Stamina —, Fortitude —);
    Protection 5 • 16 points
    Referential Cosplay Magic: Variable 8 (40 points, for
    changing into Referential Cosplay forms), Continuous • 64 points

Defenses:
    Dodge: +5
    Parry: +5
    Fortitude: -
    Toughness: +0
    Will: +5

Power Points
    Abilities 32 Skills 12
    Powers 80 Defenses 20
    Advantages 6 Total 150

Spoiler: Cosplay Crunch:
    Show

These are the Cosplays she is most likely to use at any given time. They are also the low-powered versions without using metamorph. The only Cosplay I'd want to use metamorph 1 on is the Rainbow Caprine Angel one, since its supposed to be her most powerful cosplay, but even then that version is probably best saved dramatically speaking for something big like Darkseid if its even allowed.

Jades Normal Clothes:
    Unbreakable Determination:
    Immunity (All Effects Resisted by Will), 30 points
    Protection, 5 points

Fist-Fighter:
    Damage, 5 points

Rainbow Caprine Angel Cosplay:
    Chaos Sabers:
    Damage 10, Multi-Attack 10, 5 alternate effects, 25 points
    1-Star Blazing: Damage, Area (Burst), 20 points
    2-Chaos Buster: Damage Area (Line), 20 points
    3-Hyper Goner: Affliction (fatigued, exhausted, asleep), Area (Cone), 20 points
    4-SAVE The World: Healing, 20 points
    5-Hopes and Dreams: Nullify (Despair effects), Area (Burst) 20 points

Prismatic Wings:
    Flight, Wings, 10 points

Protection 5, 5 points

Azure Judgment Skeleton Cosplay:
    Battle Void:
    Environment (Allows Cosplay powers to work), 2 points

Enhanced Defensive Roll 5, Only While in Battle Void, 3 points

Dark Shortcut:
    Teleport 2, Change Velocity, 5 points

Skull Cannon:
    Damage 10, Area (Line), Only While In Battle Void (-1), 10 points

Bone Zone:
    Damage 8, Area (Burst), Only While in Battle Void (-1), 8 points

Blue Heart Telekinesis:
    Move Object 3, Perception, Damaging, Only While in Battle Void (-1), 9 points

Karmic Judgment:
    Nullify 6 (Demonic Effects), Only While in Battle Void, 3 points

Ninja Cosplay:
    Master of Disguise:
    Morph 2 (other people), 10 points

Ninja Stealth:
    Concealment 3 (Sound, Visible Light), 6 points

Ninja Leap:
    Leaping 4, 4 points

Ninja Fighting Chain:
    Damage 8, Reach 2 (10 ft), 10 points

Enhanced Defensive Roll 5, 5 points
    Enhanced Deception 10, 5 points

Cowboy Cosplay:
    Six-Shooter:
    Damage 10, Ranged, 20 points

Lasso:
    Move Object 10, Limited to Attraction, 10 points

Enhanced Defensive Roll 5, 5 points

Fake Magical Horse:
    Speed 5, 5 points

Heaven Piercing Drill Cosplay:
    Giga Drill Breaker:
    Damage 10, Penetrating 10, 20 points

Red Determination Armor:
    Protection 5, Impervious 10, 15 points

Pierce the Heavens:
    Flight 5, Wings (Rockets), 5 points

Bombastic Chrono-Vampire Cosplay:
    This is a defense-oriented version of this kind of cosplay. Despite the incredible power to stop time, Jade seems to use it mostly to make the obvious references while humiliating foes with time-stopping and conjured steamrollers that vanish after use.

ZA WARUDO!:
    Immunity 80 (Dodge and Parry based
    attacks), Concentration, Limited (not against surprise
    attacks); Reaction Teleport 1 (when attacked) • 32 points

Steamroller Smash!:
    Damage 8, 8 points

Spoiler: Rainbow Saber Personality and Description:
    Show

Personality:
    Jade's mind is complicated: at heart, she wants to do nothing but play videogames, watch anime and make snarky jokes, relax and have a soda. But her environment shaped her into being cynical and determined to be strong amid adversity, and when the saving the world she adopts a serious stoic demeanor, her eyes becoming hard as steel to focus on the job at hand. She relaxes when the danger is gone. She has disciplined herself so that times of true anger are rare for her, but she is human.

Description:
    Her usual appearance is a red-headed short-haired tomboy with green eyes, wearing white shirt, blue pants and boots with a black leather biker jacket on top. She is of average height, and lean physique. Her eyes are like steel and she has a naturally stoic face with little expression shown.

In her Rainbow Caprine Angel Cosplay, her most used one, she wears a purple spandex with white gloves and boots, a rainbow heart on her chest, rainbow wings extending out from her back, and a white goat mask to cover her face. It is also the most flashy of her cosplays and no one expects someone as stoic, sarcastic and cynical to have such a idealistic, flashy and over the top cosplay.

Spoiler: Rainbow Saber Backstory:
    Show

Jade grew up in Gotham, in the shadows of heroes and villains, in Gotham Orphanage maintained with a bad budget whose matron didn't care about the children. Given how screwed up Gotham is on most days despite the efforts of these heroes, she quickly grew jaded and cynical of the world around her and of heroes like most modern youth. After all, if they are so great, how come her life was so messed up? On some level, she knew that these issues are complex, that they can only do so much, but that didn't stop the pain, the hurting or the feeling that they weren't doing enough. That while they stopped disaster, they didn't really do much to actually improve. She grew to be a bit delinquent in school who didn't do best in class but did beat up bullies and got detention for it, with lectures about how thats not the part about superheroes your supposed to take example from. She became a bit a street brawler to fend off the jerks that preyed upon people in her neighborhood, so soon she thought hey: if Batman can do why can't she, so when she was eighteen she put on an improvised mask and dark clothes, charged in to stop a bank robbery-

-And got shot multiple times by a tommy gun.

Turns out, when your not rich enough to afford to train with the best masters in the world and aren't a super genius or whatever, you can't dodge bullets. Turns out, you got to be real lucky to be a hero. Jade woke up in the hospital a few days later, full of casts and bandages. The medics got there to help her live in time, but the nurse told her that judging from the damage, she may never walk again. you have to be lucky to be a hero, and Jade is one of the most unlucky people in the world.
    Demonstrated when the Joker came to her hospital and was ranting about how Batman was dead, crying and raging and inflicting pain on everyone nearby, only pausing to laugh and mock her:
    "Oh look at you! Yet another disillusioned youth who tried to play hero, and I'm not even one killed by me! I don't even need to do anything to you, I can see it in your eyes: you realize the joke of the world just fine on your own, just like me!"
    She responded "Screw you clown. Your bat-crush isn't coming back just because you shoot up a hospital."
    "Oh! We got a real sassy lady over here! You must be just as crazy as me, mouthing off to the Joker!-" He points his gun at her with a mixture of rage and insane glee "-I HEARD THATS LETHAL."
    however at the last minute she is saved by a group of government soldiers. The Joker escapes, but soon its revealed who rescued her: Amanda Waller.
    Jade of course doesn't know who she is. Amanda curses the fact that the Joker escaped, but then says to Jade:
    "But thats not the only reason I'm here. Kid I heard you tried to foil a bank robbery without any powers or training. Putting aside how stupid that was, the Justice League is gone and we need new heroes, and you got just the mindset we need to be one."
    "My legs are shot. Can't walk anymore. Can't become someone like Batman."
    "Not the idea. See, I got my own team, the Suicide Squad, but I can't trust them. Especially not with what I have in mind for you. You want to be a hero? Accept my offer and come with me. Or you can be in a wheelchair for the rest of your life."
    Jade thinks about it. She isn't exactly the wheelchair type. So she accepts. Amanda takes her to a secret government facility, to something....weird. Some rainbow orb thats a combination of technology and magic. They aren't quite sure what it is or what its origins are, the rats who touched it in testing got changed into strange cyber rats that faster and stronger because of it. Its really weird, it could be anything, and if one the villains touches it and it turns out to be incredibly powerful it could be disastrous, and Jade seems to have a good heart yet be expendable which is what Waller likes, and its not as if she can back out now that she knows that this thing exists, so she wheels on up to it while the chamber is safely contained in case this goes wrong and grabs the rainbow orb.
    Instantly there is a flash of light, and Jade feels incredible agony throughout her body as the orb completely merges with her, remaking the inner workings of her body, enhancing, strengthening it as she screams out, the strange metal fill up her inside and repairing her until it ends and she finds herself able to walk again. She didn't outwardly change all that much however, so they began testing her abilities.
    Turns out whatever the orb did, she could access a new strange form of magic Jade named "Referential Cosplay Magic", able to conjure various cosplay and costumes of fictional characters and archetypes on her to do various magical effects to enhance her ability to fight, from the common and generic like Cowboy or Ninja, to the highly specific or the obscure, not sure why the orb granted her this power she theorized that it might work differently for each person that touched it. Jade worked with Waller for a time, but quickly realized that despite their agreements on needing a pragmatic approach and dealing villains in a more permanent manner, Jade could not stand for Waller's extreme methods and they had a big argument where their stubborn natures rammed against each other with neither giving in on what they believed, Jade leaving over how Waller used people like pawns and weapons.
    Now she seeks out other Heroes traveling across the world, finding that her cybernetics allow her to keep on going without food water or breath, seeking to fix a world left behind the heroes sacrifice, becoming known as "The Rainbow Saber" for the use of her most powerful cosplay, The Prismatic Caprine Angel and how its rainbow light brings hope wherever it goes, she is determined to dual-wield its two white sabers in the name of justice, one things for sure: she is NOT going back to live in Gotham!

looking back on the cosplay examples, I swear I didn't intend for two of them to basically be switching immunities to things on top of the immunity she always has. though now that I've experimented with the power, it seems better suited for emulating weapon cosplays rather full clothing cosplays, at least not without Morph/Metamorph and I'm sure if I want resort to that because it sounds like a hassle for both you and me.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

You know, at first I was worried someone would call dibs on an origin or concept I would want, but then I realized, instead of trying to make a character to replace a Leaguer or someone linked to a hero's legacy, I should do something different. So instead, here's a copyright free version of the best antihero in comics!

Spoiler: Character submission
    Show

CADMUS never sleeps. They are always seeking the next genetic edge to exploit, always seeking to exceed their greatest achievement, Kon-El. But Kryponian and human DNA were too dissimilar, so they tried a different track. They blended the DNA of different fluidic beings like Clayface and Metamorpho (they'd have killed to get a sample of the indestructible and godlike Plastic Man) and combined it with that of a human. The result was a man who could naturally generate a substance from his body that gave him amazing powers, but he escaped and sought help from the League. Now with them gone, Michael Corbin has abandoned his quiet life as a security guard for Wayne Enterprises and assumed the identity of...Arachnoid!

Venom, he's...he's basically Venom.

Michael tried to live a simple life, but in Gotham there's always something nefarious afoot. He'd had to deal with muggers, bank robbers, and the occasional hired thugs working for one of the city's infamous psychopaths. He even had to deal with the Riddler once, who had taken an interest in this rare metahuman who tried to keep to himself. Three months in traction had cured Nigma of that interest, and got Michael a visit from the Batman about what constitutes excessive force. But, Michael's power and skill has let Batman to request his help on occasion, nothing major (as the Bat never actually trusts anyone), but he's had some experience as an active superhuman.
    Power Level 10
    Power Points: 150

Abilities & Defenses: 50ppts
    Str: 0
    Dex: 0
    Agi: 0
    Sta: 10
    Int: 0
    Awa: 0
    Pres: 0
    Fight: 0

Initiative: +12
    Toughness: +10
    Fort: +10
    Dodge: +10
    Will: +10
    Parry: +10

Skills: 25ppts
    Acrobatics +15, Intimidate +15, Perception +10, Close Combat +10

Advantages: 13ppts
    Accurate Attack, Power Attack, Takedown (2), Diehard, Fearless, Improved Grapple, Extraordinary Effort, Benefit: Wealth, Equipment, Improved Initiative (3)

Powers: 62ppts
    Damage 10 (Reach 3, Alternate 2) 15ppts
    -Affliction 10 (Reach 3, Reflex DC 20, Impaired/Immobile/Paralyzed)
    -Extra Limbs 8 (Tentacles, Reach 2)
    Lifting Strength 12 (100 tons) 12ppts
    Impervious Protection 7, 7ppts
    Leaping 4 (120 ft) 4ppts
    Concealment 1 (Sight) 2ppts
    Speed 5 (120mph) 5ppts
    Regeneration 10 (Rate) 10ppts
    Movement 2 (Swinging, Wall-Crawling) 4ppts
    Senses 1 (radial vision) 1ppt

Thanks to a job working for Bruce Wayne, Mike makes a decent living. Especially because as Batman, Mr Wayne knows what Mike is worth as a security guard and pays him appropriately, allowing him to live pretty well in Gotham.
    Headquarters: Townhouse
    Size: Tiny (-1)
    Living Space
    Gym
    Computer
    Security System
    Library
    Fire Prevention System

Show

Motivation-Acceptance
    Michael looks human, when he's not using his powers, but he's not, not really, and never will be. He knows he'll always be different, so he tries to lead as virtuous a life as he can manage in order to not be labeled a freak or monster. Of course, when you can turn into an 8 foot tall thing that looks like it's been dipped in tar, that's not exactly easy.

Motivation-Recognition
    Michael has spent years hiding what he is, and he craves the chance to act openly with his powers for once. He gave a normal life a chance, but it was boring, stifling. He'd see superheroes on the news, praised for their efforts. Fan clubs, parades, it all seemed so glamorous. He knew that wasn't the whole story, but he wants the chance to live it for himself.

Enemy-CADMUS labs
    Escaped though he may be, Michael is still a CADMUS success story, and they'd love to get him back under their control and improve on their work, making greater and greater living weapons.

Identity-Arachnoid
    Michael is very careful about when and where he shifts from human to superhuman form, and takes great pains to hide his identity.

Weakness-Sonic weapons
    Damage effects with the Sonic descriptor bypass his Impervious defense.
    Last edited by Rhyvurg; 2019-10-08 at 05:32 AM.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Here's a bare bones build for my concept ... basically a Street Level Hero & Archer concept who came across a piece of LexCorp tech (or possibly Intergang) and equipped himself to take out the baddies. As I said bare bones, will fluff out complications, background & personality later on tonight.

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Harrier - PL 10

Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 6, Dexterity 0, Fighting 6, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 1

Advantages
    Agile Feint, Contacts, Defensive Roll, Equipment 1, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 2: Damage: Damage 6, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Ranged Attack 8, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
    Acrobatics 4 (+10), Athletics 8 (+10), Close Combat: Karate & Aiki-jitsu 4 (+10), Expertise: Current Events 4 (+5), Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+5), Insight 7 (+10), Intimidation 9 (+10), Investigation 9 (+10), Perception 7 (+10), Ranged Combat: Multi Phasic Plasma Caster 6 (+6), Stealth 4 (+10)

Powers
    Enhanced Extra 6 (Multiattack, Variable Descriptor: close group - Any Ranged Effect)
    Multi Phasic Plasma Caster (Easily Removable)
    . . Damage: Damage 6 (DC 21, Advantages: Improved Critical 2; Extended Range 2, Increased Range: ranged, Precise, Variable Descriptor: close group - [Heat, Light, Plasma])
    . . . . Affliction: Cumulative Affliction 6 (Alternate; 1st degree: Dazed, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Stunned, Defenseless, Resisted by: Will, DC 16; Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
    . . . . Weaken: Weaken 6 (Alternate; Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Affects Objects, Increased Range: ranged)
    Movement: Movement 2 (Safe Fall, Swinging)
    Protective Body Suit & Targetting Monocle (Removable)
    . . Protection: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness)
    . . Senses: Senses 2 (Extended: Choose Sense 1: x10, Low-light Vision, Advantages: Improved Aim, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover))
    Speed: Speed 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round)

Equipment
    New Constructed Device [Movement: Movement 2, Safe Fall, Swinging]

Offense
    Initiative +10
    Affliction: Cumulative Affliction 6, +14 (DC Will 16)
    Damage: Damage 6, +14 (DC 21)
    Grab, +6 (DC Spec 12)
    Throw, +8 (DC 17)
    Unarmed, +10 (DC 17)
    Weaken: Weaken 6, +14 (DC Fort 16)

Languages
    English [Native]

Defense
    Dodge 14, Parry 14, Fortitude 8, Toughness 6/5, Will 12

Power Points
    Abilities 44 + Powers 26 + Advantages 17 + Skills 33 (66 ranks) + Defenses 30 = 150

Show
    Enemy: Payback is a B!tch ...: Alex Hunter turned states evidence to incriminate LexCorp, and as such has earned the enmity of Lex Luthor. Birch continues his investigations into LexCorp and hopes to bring down Luthor's mega corporation. Luthor is a genius, and while he may not have (yet?) deduced Harrier's identity, he has noted that the new Hero uses the Tinkerer's tech, and has disrupted at least one operation to assassinate the ex-con.

Honor: Heroic Idealism ...: Living in a city protected by perhaps the most iconic hero of modern history, instills in someone a certain sense of hope, and idealism. Birch is still haunted by the actions of his father as the Tinkerer, and his committed to balancing the scales. Knowing that his father, as the Tinkerer, was a associate in LexCorp's criminal enterprises, he is very careful to ensure that his actions do not cross the line into criminality. He is devoted to assisting the MPD, and ensuring that the innocents of Metropolis are protected from the crime that occurs in the shadow of Superman.

Identity: Beneath the Mask ...: Birch Hunter maintains a distinct separation between his heroic activities and his civilian life. After rescuing MPD Officer Alejandra Cuevas when her and her partner were involved in a confrontation with Intergang forces, she spoke in an interview with Lois Lane. During that interview, Cuevas identified herself as an Iraqi veteran, and said when the hero came on scene, it was like air support rolling in and saving her and her unit.

Relationship: The Ties that Bind ...: Birch has reconciled with his father, Alex Hunter, who has prioritized his family over his pursuit of technological innovation. While their relationship is strained, and somewhat tense, they are both working on it and committed to repairing their family ties. Birch, having spent years in the foster system with his sister, September, during their father's prison sentence, formed a close bond. He will often drop everything he is currently doing, should September be in trouble. He has shared his secret with his sister, but has sworn her to secrecy as he doesn't wish his father to know of his activities as Harrier. He has also began to follow Officer Cuevas career, and will often arrive on scene should her investigations lead her into danger, or conflict with high-tech or empowered criminals.

Secret: Sins of the Father ...: Birch is ashamed of the work his father did under the name, Tinkerer, and as such he keeps that aspect of his life hidden from public scrutiny. Any inquiries on the nature of his weaponry are met with sullen silence, as he doesn't wish to divulge their origin. Despite his father's ability to assist him with the more technical aspect of his career, he is determined not to involve his father in his career. Primarily because he feels his actions as Alpha Strike, allow him to balance the scales of his father's crimes.

Temper: Beneath the Surface ...: Birch is a well developed, and strong willed young man, but with the guilt of his father's actions, the loss of his mother, and the struggles he and his sister faced while in the foster care system are kept locked up with an iron will. However, there are times when these emotions, the loss, the pain are too close to the surface which causes him to be more driven, focused, and aggressive then he himself wishes to be.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2019-09-24 at 12:26 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47

Basic premise is a metahuman daughter of the villain Prometheus. Will get fluff up later but in the mean time, here is the crunch.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Quick mechanical note gac3, with the Limited to Metal on your damaging Move Object, you cannot damage anything that is *not* metal. Not sure if it is really a concern, seeing as you have a blast as an Alternate Effect and that works fine.

19. - Top - End - #49

RedWizardGuy

Show

Show
    Given her parenthood, Sophie Ward had a rather mundane childhood. Her father was, unbeknownst to himself and his family, a white martian formerly of the now defunct Hyperclan, his memories erased and abilities suppressed by Martian Manhunter. Her mother, on the other hand, was the now retired villainous mercenary Calamity, who possessed rather potent telepathic powers. In spite of her rather potent metahuman heritage, Sophia showed none of this herself, seeming to be a perfectly normal human until late into her teens.
    About a year ago ago, shortly after turning seventeen, she finally started showing signs of her powers as her telepathy developed. Initially, it seemed nothing more than growing slightly more empathic and wandering thoughts, but over the space of a mere month it grew from that to the telepathic powerhouse she is today, capable of simultaneously skimming the surface thoughts of dozens, or effortlessly reaching out to specific people across an entire state.
    It was her developing abilities that allowed her to deduce some of what had happened to her father. Although she couldn’t get a clear picture of what had happened, she quickly figured out both her non-human heritage, that he remembered none of it, and that Martian Manhunter was responsible.
    Though she kept what she had found secret, it was nonetheless her reaction to this discovery that lead to her abilities being revealed to her family, and thus unrest in the Ward household. After discovering her daughter’s abilities, her mother was insistent that she should take the opportunity, and become the new Calamity. Sophie, on the other hand, still shaken from her recent discoveries, outright refused, both being of a heroic bent, and wanting to completely conceal her abilities, fearing that what had been done to her father would be repeated with her. Ultimately the argument ended with her mother, nostalgic about her time as a supervillain and frustrated by Sophie’s refusal to take action, taking up the mask once more.
    In spite of her initial insistence on staying entirely hidden from public view, this changed over the next several months. Her telepathy, though the first and most prominent, was not the only Martian ability she developed. Her body became naturally stronger and tougher, her skin grew paler, and she had more control of her biology, until finally her transformation was complete, her natural form was obviously inhuman, but she had the strength to effortlessly throw around cars, and the durability to shrug off attacks that shred steel. But even as her body changed, so did her mind. Where once she was happy to stand aside and do nothing, now, she felt the need for conflict. With the disappearance of the Justice League, she felt revealing herself, in part at least, would be safer than before, and that somebody needed to step up to take their place, lest their absence be taken advantage of by the villainous population, her mother foremost among those she feared would take advantage.

And so, using her enhanced strength and limited telekinetic abilities, she presents herself as 'Titania', a flying hero of incredible strength who sees through any lies. So far, she has not had to overtly use her telepathic or shapeshifting abilities, but it's only a matter of time...

Show

Coming Soon

Show

Motivation: Acceptance Scared about being rejected for her non-human nature, or 'modified' like her father, she wants to be recognised and accepted as a hero by society.
    Motivation: Conflict Much like many White Martians, she feels driven to violence, and is using heroism as a constructive way to deal with it.
    Complication: Power Loss Being part Martian, she loses all but her telepathy, which is, in part, derived from her human ancestry, while exposed to fire.
    Complication: Secret While the Justice League are no longer around, she nonetheless keeps her nature as secret as possible. Lacking understanding of why Martian Manhunter altered her father's memories, she fears his reaction were he to return and discover her true nature.
    Complication: Rivalry Ever since her mother took on the role of Calamity once more, Sophie has felt responsible. As a result, she intervenes whenever she can. So far, she has yet to actually win any of their fights.

Show
    Titania - PL 10

Strength 10, Stamina 8, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence -1

Advantages

Skills
    Close Combat: Unarmed 10 (+10), Deception 6/13 (+5/12) Insight 0/7 (+0/7), Persuasion 0/7 (+0/7), Perception 0/7 (+0/7)

Show
    Show

Fledgling Shifter 12 PP (Morph 3: Humanoid, Continuous, Increased Action: Standard action)

Show

[Psychic Blast/B] (1 PP) (Damage 10; Subtle, Close Range, Area (Burst 30ft), Selective, resisted by Will)
    Thought Scan (1 PP) (Mind Reading 10; Subtle, Close Range, Area (Burst 120ft), Selective, Limited to Surface Thoughts, resisted by Will, Enhanced Skill )
    Telepathic Communication (1 PP) (Communication 3: Mental; Subtle, Area, Selective, Comprehend Languages (speak, hear, be understood regardless of language), Enhanced Skills (Deception 7, Insight 7, Perception 7, Persuasion 7))

Languages
    English

Defense

Power Points
    Abilities 38 + Powers 77 + Advantages 3 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Defenses 24 = 150

Updated Titania's background a little to reflect the setting. How does it look?

20. - Top - End - #50

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    Quick mechanical note gac3, with the Limited to Metal on your damaging Move Object, you cannot damage anything that is *not* metal. Not sure if it is really a concern, seeing as you have a blast as an Alternate Effect and that works fine.
    Thanks for point that out. I think I had thought that was what you needed in order to use move Object as a weapon of sorts. But even realizing what you mean, like you said, I think it will be fine so I plan to leave it.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh yeah, and if we meet Dr. Doom I'm hiding behind you!!

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by Modigar View Post
    Show

Show
    In spite of her initial insistence on staying entirely hidden from public view, this changed over the next several months. Her telepathy, though the first and most prominent, was not the only Martian ability she developed. Her body became naturally stronger and tougher, her skin grew paler, and she had more control of her biology, until finally her transformation was complete, her natural form was obviously inhuman, but she had the strength to effortlessly throw around cars, and the durability to shrug off attacks that shred steel. But even as her body changed, so did her mind. Where once she was happy to stand aside and do nothing, now, she felt the need for conflict. With the disappearance of the Justice League, she felt revealing herself, in part at least, would be safer than before, and that somebody needed to step up to take their place, lest their absence be taken advantage of by the villainous population, her mother foremost among those she feared would take advantage.

And so, using her enhanced strength and limited telekinetic abilities, she presents herself as 'Titania', a flying hero of incredible strength who sees through any lies. So far, she has not had to overtly use her telepathic or shapeshifting abilities, but it's only a matter of time...

Show

Coming Soon

Show

Complication: Secret While the Justice League are no longer around, she nonetheless keeps her nature as secret as possible. Lacking understanding of why Martian Manhunter altered her father's memories, she fears his reaction were he to return and discover her true nature.

Show
    Titania - PL 10

Advantages

Skills

Show
    Show

Show

Languages
    English

Defense

Power Points

Updated Titania's background a little to reflect the setting. How does it look?
    It looks alright.

23. - Top - End - #53

Submitting Emily Fitzgerald / The Sable Quill for consideration.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Emily Fitzgerald's parents left Skataris, a world of eternal sunlight, over a century ago. Homo magi by birth, they both desired the simpler lives to be found on Earth. Settling down, they made careful use of their innate magic to blend in and establish a place for themselves. For years, they lived and worked in different parts of the world, moving every decade or so to avoid drawing suspicion to their lack of aging. After sixty years, they felt comfortable enough to have a child, Emily.

Growing up, Emily was taught about her heritage and instructed in the use of her magical abilities. Her parents freely demonstrated both the wonder and the danger of such activity and were careful to stress the gravity of keeping it hidden. This harmonised with Emily's natural tendency toward following the rules. Fascinated with birds, her practice led her to develop a robust shapechange into the most prevalent local bird of her childhood, the common raven - at least in outward appearance. An unexpected and unintended side-effect of the ability allowed her, while a raven, to weaken the structure of objects. Frustrated by this but unable to remedy the imperfection, she instead focused on being able to gain a measure of control over the destruction and also fix any mistakes.

Growing older, she deliberately curtailed her use of these innate abilities and focused instead on the structure, limits and rules involved in rituals and the creation of magical objects. Between her interest in ornithology and magical theory, her hobbies were well established. Academically, she was immediately drawn to accountancy, the formal principles and order were of great appeal. Her single-mindedness saw her college professor suggest a specialisation in forensic accounting, neatly marrying the strictures of her chosen discipline with the laws of the land. Her expertise preceding her, Emily soon found work.

In a comfortable groove, it was many years later that disaster struck in the form of superhuman conflict invading her office building. Doctor Fate and some others were doing their best to keep the battle contained but things were chaotic at best. With danger imminent and her colleagues in danger, Emily took a risk. Secluding herself in an unused office, she began a ritual to cloud the mind of the assailants, intending to direct them away from her coworkers. It took time and, given the desperate circumstances, she cut one or two corners - to her consternation - but it worked: on the cusp of entering their offices, the attackers seemed to have a change of heart. Unknown to her, Doctor Fate took note of this.

Years later, he would approach her, having investigated her in the interim. Seeking some aid where it could be found, he convinced her to work with him, helping to keep order in the world. The idea appealed, frightening though it was. Emily didn't want innocent people to suffer and, as Fate outlined, she could protect them and ensure that the laws of humanity and magic were upheld. Coming to an agreement, she adopted the identity of the Sable Quill.

Show
    Motivation - Justice: Emily believes in law and order, both that of Earth and more broadly throughout the cosmos. While she operates on a relatively small scale for now, she is driven to ensure that laws are upheld and that chaotic elements of existence are reined in to protect the innocent.
    Secret Identity: As the Sable Quill (or Quill), Emily is disguised with a silver, full face mask. This helps to protect her true identity and keep her friends and family safe.
    Obsession: Originally an enthusiastic hobbyist, Emily's interest in magical theory is now an obsession as her need to expand her knowledge and expertise can be virtually all-consuming. She sees it as imperative to ensuring she can do this new job with which Doctor Fate has tasked her.

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show

Spoiler: As human
    Show

Abilities 40pp
    Strength 0
    Stamina 2
    Agility 1
    Dexterity 3
    Fighting 1
    Intellect 5
    Awareness 4
    Presence 4

Defences 28pp
    Dodge 8
    Fortitude 8
    Parry 8
    Toughness 2/12*
    Will 12

Skills 21pp
    Expertise: Accounting 4 (+9)
    Expertise: Law 4 (+9)
    Expertise: Magic 12 (+17)
    Insight 4 (+8)
    Investigation 4 (+9)
    Perception 4 (+8)
    Ranged Combat: Arcane Blast 10 (+13)

Advantages 6pp
    Artificer, Eidetic Memory, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged; Cover & Concealment), Ritualist

Powers 55pp
    Near Immortality (Immunity 3 [Aging; Disease; Sleep]) 3pp
    Hex Shield (Protection 10; Sustained) 10pp
    Raven Form (Metamorph 1; Shrinking 8 [Limited to Raven Form]) 14pp
    Rectify (Transform 3 [Broken objects into repaired ones]; Continuous) 9pp
    The Ternion Amulet (Array; Removable) 19pp
    * Arcane Blast (Damage 10 [Increased Range 1]) 20pp
    * Phantom Grasp (Move Object 5 [Perception; Precise; Subtle]) 21pp
    * Mystic Bonds (Affliction 6; Fortitude [Hindered->Immobile->Paralyzed]; Increased Range 1; Cumulative) 18pp

Abilities 40pp + Defences 28pp + Skills 21pp + Advantages 6pp + Powers 55pp = 150pp

Spoiler: As raven
    Show

Abilities 54pp
    Strength -2
    Stamina 2
    Agility 4
    Dexterity 4
    Fighting 0
    Intellect 5
    Awareness 8
    Presence 4

Defences 22pp
    Dodge 12
    Fortitude 8
    Parry 12
    Toughness 8
    Will 12

Skills 23pp
    Expertise: Accounting 4 (+9)
    Expertise: Law 4 (+9)
    Expertise: Magic 12 (+17)
    Insight 4 (+12)
    Investigation 6 (+11)
    Perception 10 (+18)
    Stealth 6 (+18)

Advantages 8pp
    Defensive Roll 6, Eidetic Memory, Tracking

Powers 43pp
    Near Immortality (Immunity 3 [Aging; Disease; Sleep]) 3pp
    Human Form (Metamorph 1; Growth 8 [Limited to Human Form]) 14pp
    Avian Perception (Senses 10 [Darkvision; Direction Sense; Extended Vision 2; Rapid 2 (Vision x 10); Tracking 2; Ultra-Hearing]) 10pp
    Flight 5 (Subtle 1; Wings) 6pp
    Entropic Grasp (Weaken 10 [Toughness - Fortitude]; Affects Only Objects) 10pp

Abilities 54pp + Defences 22pp + Skills 23pp + Advantages 8pp + Powers 43pp = 150pp

24. - Top - End - #54

I'll be finishing the fluff of Superwoman soon.
    My Homebrew:

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm in the same boat with Harrier, I will tidy up his sheet, as Hero Labs can complicate formatting, and get his background & fluff up in the next day or so. It's been a hectic week at work!

26. - Top - End - #56

NecromancerGuy

So I've been looking for a M&M game to help me learn the system so I'll toss my interest in if you don't mind a noob who may need a little help keeping right.

So as I am not too knowledgeable on DC I'm thinking a literal 'man out of time' type character that might be a bit strange, but hey, comic book weirdness.

So rough concept wise my idea is a fifteenth century knight with anger issues is sent out to slay a dragon/ogre/other monster terrorising the countryside. 'Monster' is actually an alien fiddling with some sort of tech. Knight proceeds to charge on horseback, breaks the tech which explodes into a space-time distortion and as the monster flees and the knight dies from a mixture of his wounds and being shredded by wormholes teleporting about the place. Dies angry and screaming.

Flashforwards a few centuries and a the knights anger launched through time attracts a red lantern ring to his skeleton with his desires creating a construct of his brain, muscles, and armour, and the like effectively restoring him to 'life'. The lantern ring has more of it's power devoted towards this. Additionally the time-weirdness he dies in has let him partly displaced so that the desire that brought about the body part construct(s) is self perpetuation and allows the knight to teleport to an extent. Knight busts out of tomb/musicum/catacomb/other and finds self in modern day Europe. Over a few months picks up modern English and is recommended to an expert on what is happening to him in the US.

So essentially a knight in modern days fullfed by rage and chivalry in a quest to restore justice to the lands.

What would you recommend for a tones down red lantern ring?
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

27. - Top - End - #57

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadNecro5 View Post
    So I've been looking for a M&M game to help me learn the system so I'll toss my interest in if you don't mind a noob who may need a little help keeping right.

So as I am not too knowledgeable on DC I'm thinking a literal 'man out of time' type character that might be a bit strange, but hey, comic book weirdness.

So rough concept wise my idea is a fifteenth century knight with anger issues is sent out to slay a dragon/ogre/other monster terrorising the countryside. 'Monster' is actually an alien fiddling with some sort of tech. Knight proceeds to charge on horseback, breaks the tech which explodes into a space-time distortion and as the monster flees and the knight dies from a mixture of his wounds and being shredded by wormholes teleporting about the place. Dies angry and screaming.

Flashforwards a few centuries and a the knights anger launched through time attracts a red lantern ring to his skeleton with his desires creating a construct of his brain, muscles, and armour, and the like effectively restoring him to 'life'. The lantern ring has more of it's power devoted towards this. Additionally the time-weirdness he dies in has let him partly displaced so that the desire that brought about the body part construct(s) is self perpetuation and allows the knight to teleport to an extent. Knight busts out of tomb/musicum/catacomb/other and finds self in modern day Europe. Over a few months picks up modern English and is recommended to an expert on what is happening to him in the US.

So essentially a knight in modern days fullfed by rage and chivalry in a quest to restore justice to the lands.

What would you recommend for a tones down red lantern ring?
    I wouldn't recommend a red lantern ring as it does come with quite a bit of bagage and would be pretty hard to be heroic in the new league to say the least.

But well, DC has a long list of heroes who have been empowered and endowed by various entities or magic items, which might be an angle you might want to go with instead of a red lantern power ring.

But well if you really want a tone down version for PL 10, Batgirl III made a PL 10 Green Lantern awhile ago that I did enjoy and all the rings do roughly the same thing:

► X Lantern Power Ring Device (87 PP Base; f: Removable [–1 per 5]) [ 70 Total ]
    ► Power Ring Traits
    • Uniform and Power Battery Feature 2 (Quick Change, Internal Compartment) [ 2 PP ]
    • Personal Force Field Protection 10 (E: Sustained); Immunity 10 (Life Support) [ 20 PP ]
    • Flight 10 (2,000 MPH); Movement 3 (Environmental Adaptation [zero-g], Space Travel [2]) [ 26 PP ]

► Artificial Intelligence
    ○ Scanning Beam and AI Variable 1 (5 PP Traits; F: Limited to Senses); Features 2 (Database, Ring AI); Enhanced Advantages 2 (Eidetic Memory, Well-Informed) [ 10 PP ]
    ○ AE: Omniversal Translator Comprehend 4 (Languages: Speak All, Read All, Understand All, and Understood Simultaneously; E: Subtle [2]) [ 1 PP ]
    ○ AE: Commlink Communication 5 (Anywhere, Mental; F: Concentration, Limited [Green Lantern Corps]) [ 1 PP ]

► Force Constructs
    ○ Simple Constructs Create 10 (E: Dynamic) [ 21 PP ]
    ○ DAE: Complex Constructs Create 6 (E: Movable, Precise [1]) [ 2 PP ]
    ○ DAE: Weapon Constructs Damage 10 (E: Ranged) [ 2 PP ]
    ○ DAE: Manipulation Constructs Move Object 6 (E: Sustained, Precise [1]) [ 2 PP ]

Technically Red Lantern Power Ring also gains this feature:

Heartless (Feature (Heart of equivalent vital organs are no longer essential to survival), Regeneration 1),

But well, it would be still be pretty challenging to roleplay to say the least.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

I have tentative interest, subject to further confirmation.

Spoiler: Post above this post response
    Show
    I wouldn't recommend a red lantern ring as it does come with quite a bit of bagage and would be pretty hard to be heroic in the new league to say the least.

But well, DC has a long list of heroes who have been empowered and endowed by various entities or magic items, which might be an angle you might want to go with instead of a red lantern power ring.

But well if you really want a tone down version for PL 10, Batgirl III made a PL 10 Green Lantern awhile ago that I did enjoy and all the rings do roughly the same thing:

► X Lantern Power Ring Device (87 PP Base; f: Removable [–1 per 5]) [ 70 Total ]
    ► Power Ring Traits
    • Uniform and Power Battery Feature 2 (Quick Change, Internal Compartment) [ 2 PP ]
    • Personal Force Field Protection 10 (E: Sustained); Immunity 10 (Life Support) [ 20 PP ]
    • Flight 10 (2,000 MPH); Movement 3 (Environmental Adaptation [zero-g], Space Travel [2]) [ 26 PP ]

○ Scanning Beam and AI Variable 1 (5 PP Traits; F: Limited to Senses); Features 2 (Database, Ring AI); Enhanced Advantages 2 (Eidetic Memory, Well-Informed) [ 10 PP ]
    ○ AE: Omniversal Translator Comprehend 4 (Languages: Speak All, Read All, Understand All, and Understood Simultaneously; E: Subtle [2]) [ 1 PP ]
    ○ AE: Commlink Communication 5 (Anywhere, Mental; F: Concentration, Limited [Green Lantern Corps]) [ 1 PP ]

► Force Constructs
    ○ DAE: Manipulation Constructs Move Object 6 (E: Sustained, Precise [1]) [ 2 PP ]

Heartless (Feature (Heart of equivalent vital organs are no longer essential to survival), Regeneration 1),

I’m basically the guy who would try to steal the orange lantern ring, once I came up with a flawless plan to not get killed.
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2019-09-28 at 07:37 AM.
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Is this still accepting recruitment? I've wanted to try out a M&M 3e game for a long time.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

30. - Top - End - #60

NecromancerGuy

► Power Ring Traits

► Force Constructs

Thank you. I'll Stick with the concept for now, see where the idea goes.

So I'm about a third to a half done with the mechanics and cannot figure out how you measure speed, can I get some help with that please?
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9