The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 OOC

Yep, retroactively drop that down. Also, when rolling damage with Manifestations you get to ad your Power Damage Bonus from Presence.

Yeah, Stirges are very very small and a rock getting thrown across the room would splatter them. Bad. But they are awefuly hard to hit.

Carnegie Hall? Count me doubly impressed.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Is that two damage to WP or HP?

Also, are S2 and S3 adjacent?
    Actually, I think I'll have just tiny bit more luck with the dagger... oh! or wait! Better idea!
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2019-09-20 at 03:11 PM.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

2 damage to HP. If they had been Crits they would have been against WP, or if you were out of HP. But if they were against WP you would get an armor save.

And yes, they are adjacent.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Heading out to dinner now! Be back later!

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Going to do Desira's check here so I can type up any further actions of hers based off of this... wish her luck!

Athletics - (1d20+2)[21]

Second try, if needed:

Athletics - (1d20+2)[17]

Third try, if needed:

Athletics - (1d20+2)[3]

EDIT: Atta girl!
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2019-09-20 at 07:29 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

You're having bad luck making those rolls work! Hoping the stirges have bad luck making their rolls hit, too!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hannahbbug3 View Post
    You're having bad luck making those rolls work! Hoping the stirges have bad luck making their rolls hit, too!
    You're telling me. I haven't done any real PBP on the forum in about a year and man I've got some rust to knock off. Last time was a Pathfinder 2nd Edition Playtest Arena I ran. And usually I get a txt document ready for some copy paste action. Typing and me isn't cooperating today.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

I feel that. Between GitP, roll20, and multiple different discord bots, sometimes it's a struggle remembering what formatting I'm supposed to use.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Were you looking at the updated map for round 3.

She'll have to step to attack either one of them, then a move to in front of Chaucer is 2.5 action, so the second attack doesn't happen.

Which one do you want dead?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

I was not looking at the updated map! Oops! Kill S3, then we can speed up combat a lil more

So it'll be
    .5: Step to S3
    1.5: Attack
    2: Step to S2
    3: Attack that misses??

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

I was not looking at the updated map! Oops! Kill S3, then we can speed up combat a lil more

So it'll be
    .5: Step to S3
    1.5: Attack
    2: Step to S2
    3: Attack that misses??
    That works, only different is there would have been a (1d100)[36] 30% Cover Save for the wall. So you miss, just didn't take any wall with that second one.

Congrats on two splats.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry that post took so long! Took me a while to scroll back and forth between the magic and the tables do the math!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry that post took so long! Took me a while to scroll back and forth between the magic and the tables do the math!
    No worries. Though there is a problem and it isn't your fault. The Trained requirement to spot that trap isn't a perception proficienty gate, it is a Trapwork proficiency gate. What he sees is a bloodstained hallway and does not know there is a trap there.

Sorry!

Edit: I should have mentioned the hallway earlier. I did not realize Chaucer had a 10 Spot even at Double Disadvantage.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

So he does not see the trap, just to confirm?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

So he does not see the trap, just to confirm?
    He does not. What he sees is a bloodstained hallway, but he has not seen the trap. Now, he may deduce there is a trap there, but he doesn't See it.

Essentially without the required proficiency in Trapwork, the best either Chaucer or Desira can do is fail on the check. They see a bloodstained hallway, but they don't see the trap.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

What would he need to do to see the trap? I'm willing to take back the two flourishes so I don't have to redo his entire turn, so that would give him back two actions.

He can't figure out if there's a pressure plate or a trip wire because he's not trained?
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2019-09-20 at 08:59 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

What would he need to do to see the trap? I'm willing to take back the two flourishes so I don't have to redo his entire turn, so that would give him back two actions.
    He would have to see the trap triggered. He can't succeed at noticing it without it being triggered.

Now, he would have Double Advantage on that shove against a Disadvantaged check from the Stirge.

That means without a Destiny Point he has that 20 and that 20 represents a Critical Success, you will knock the Stirge back 10' and it will be prone with that turn. The only thing that happened was he didn't know the trap was there until he inadvertently triggered it.

I'll post IC in a second for you. Nice turn!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Yaay Chaucer for your accidental insight!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Stupid lil stirge with its stupid reflexes. No sort of penalty to its dex for being prone? Besides the Disadvantage, I mean?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Stupid lil stirge with its stupid reflexes. No sort of penalty to its dex for being prone? Besides the Disadvantage, I mean?
    Just the Disadvantage. I mean, it's the size of your fist. I'm picturing trying to hunt a fly with one of those tiny toothpick crossbows, haha.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Fair enough!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Went ahead and did both Chaucer and Desira's actions since they're attacking different targets and they're back to back anyway.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

It's the whole "I could use it now but what if it need it MORE later" situation. I'll go one more round with the stirge before I start using DP, so let it do its one damage and I'll move and make more rolls

Chaucer's 0, though.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Will get the IC up in the morning, feel free to describe the results of the Dex (1d20+4)[13].

Also, Catching Your Breath, my mistake you donít get that until after you bypass the Hallway of Arrows. Sorry about that.

Yeah, wanting to save DPs is tough, but replenishing on a new adventuring day and only being lost when they work seems to be a good sweet spot.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

What happens IC: WE REJOICE AS WE SMOOSH THE BUG

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Congrats!

Also, I'm adding a way for Shove to deal damage on a Major or Critical Success when the creature shoved impacts something. These playtests are proving very valuable already!

Edit: Though Wave 1 isn't done yet, the first combat is. How did it "feel"? I'm sure you've faced Stirges in other systems, did they feel moreso like little annoying demon mosquitos here than in 3.P, 5e, P2 etc?

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

They were definitely annoying with how hard they were to hit, but at the same time, they didn't feel as dangerous as PF Stirges since they didn't do a lot of damage. I would say you hit the mark with making them more of a nuisance than a threat!

Combat felt smooth.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Awesome, that is the feel Iím going for.

On my phone, so Iím not going to post IC, but you can resolve the action.

Now, just attacking a neighboring square wonít beat the trap, but Iíll give you advantage on the save. Youíll need a way of applying 20-40lbs across an area at range to set them off without being in harms way. Even a 10í pole would not set them off.

Desira gets advantaged DC11 Dex Save for each square she wants to defuse. They deal a 1d6 Piercing and Armor piercing bolts on a failed save, critical on a 1. A square will only fire once.

Go forth and de trap the hallway. You can run the whole thing, pause as soon as both characters step foot outside of it and Wave 1 ends.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

I think it's going to take Desira 4 actions to get all the way down the hallway. Here are a couple more reflex saves if she needs them, but then I guess we're at the end of the hall?
    EDIT: Not four actions, four turns. Since she passed all her saves, I guess she made it without taking damage!

Dex - (1d20+4)[8]

Dex - (1d20+4)[24]

Dex - (1d20+4)[5]

Dex - (1d20+4)[21]

Dex - (1d20+4)[20]

Dex - (1d20+4)[7]
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2019-09-21 at 02:42 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, it only takes her her 2 more turns. Step attack is only 1.5 Action so two a turn. And she has four to go even trying to the spot that is already sprung. Chauncer can just walk a line right behind her.

Nice job on those Dex Saves.