The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 194
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Level 1: Welcome to the Arena Desira Lothbrok and Chauncer Penstemon!



    Why you're here, no one knows. All you know is that to survive, you must overcome all that stands in your way, pushing on to find a way out. And your first obstacle is but a mere wall. A dank, slick, fifteen foot wall looming in front of you in the dark...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ok, here we go! Here is the Arena Map

    The Wall is a DC15(T) and Slippery(Disadvantage) This part of the is considered to to be drenched in Shadowy Light(30' normal vision, 60' low-light vision, 90' darkvision). Shadowy Light causes Disadvantage on Perception(Spot) Checks.

    We'll start going round by round, either character can act first. When initiative is required, I'll roll it and we'll go from there. Once a Wave is complete, characters will benefit from Catching their Breath and I'll rearrange positions and trigger Wave 2. And so on and So forth.

    This Arena will be pretty brutal for 1st level characters and they will not survive, neither will the level 5 variants. I believe it is possible for the level 10 variants to survive it and I predict even odds for the level 20s to make it through all the waves.


    Also, your character is assume to have left their Rucksack behind and have their Satchel, Belt Pouches, Misc Items, and any Equiped Armor/Shields/Weapons.

    Spoiler: Sample Post
    Show

    Name

    You describe what you're doing like this. "You speak like this." and you Think like this.

    Spoiler: Mechanical Stuff Goes Here
    Show


    Action Count: Action Description and Rolls
    1:
    2:
    3:




  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Chaucer and Desira

    "You'd think an arena like this would have a bit more pomp and circumstance to it. I mean, really? This dank, dark place? Where are our cheering crowds? Our roaring fans?" Desira lets out a deep breath as she squints in the low light at the wall that would be their first obstacle. A wall, really? What, did the architect of this place assume they were just going to fall and break their ankles? If that were true, where was the audience to laugh and jeer at them?

    "I expect what you're looking for still yet lies ahead of us,"
    responds the bent old man beside her. He also eyes the wall, with a fair bit more trepidation than his compatriot. Back when he was a young, spry thing, this would have given him no trouble, but...

    "Well. Let's get this over with, then,"
    the brute of a woman sighs, going over to the wall, taking a knee, and linking her fingers together. "Come on. Hop up."

    "What?"

    "Don't pretend you didn't hear me, old man. And even if you didn't, you've been around long enough to know I'm not down here to give you a blow. Hop up. You're not going to get up this wall on your own,"
    she says, lip curling a bit. After a beat of hesitation, the elderly half-elf does come over, stepping into her hands and letting her lift him above her head. "Make it the rest of the way on your own?" she questions. "Or am I going to have to throw you?"

    Chaucer eyes the remaining three or four feet between him and the top of the ledge with a frown. He can do this, certainly...

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Since Chaucer only weighs 103 lbs. and Desira's lifting capacity is 200 lbs, I'm assuming I can do this without a strength check? If not, here's one for your benefit:
    Strength - (1d20+7)[19]

    And now, an Acrobatics check for Chaucer to get the rest of the way himself:
    Acrobatics - (1d20+4)[6]
    Acrobatics - (1d20+4)[12]

    After Chaucer gets up, Desira will then attempt to climb the wall by herself. So...
    Athletics - (1d20+2)[18]
    Athletics - (1d20+2)[3]

    EDIT: Looks like neither of them made it?? Unless the height advantage made the DC a 5 for Chaucer?
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2019-09-20 at 01:15 PM.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Despite their banter about not having an audience, their skin crawls as if someone or something, somewhere, is watching them. Another sensation, as if that someone or something is enjoying themselves...

    Desira doesn't hesitate for a second, seeing the task at hand and setting back to it. With the first lift Chaucer isn't able to get purchase on the ledge, but a second attempt is more than enough for him to make it over the ledge. As soon as he clears the ledge and stands up he senses the presence of things unseen. A split second later, the horrid bluttering and buzzing of wings, the kind that haunt the nightmares of anyone that has ever spent the night under the stars. Stirges.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Spoiler: Knowledge Monsters
    Show

    Stirges are horrid large monster mosquitos, the size of a man's hand, that try and suck the life out of anything they can. Stirges abandon their quarry when sated and attacks by single Stirges are rarely fatal. But everyone has hear the stories of finding a cow drained dry by a pack of them.

    Stirges are Minuscule, have 1WP, 0HP, 18Def, and if they deal WP damage will latch on and force Con Saves to avoid being Drained. Upon Drained, the Stirge will abandon its quarry.




    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Ok, I'm going to walk through all of it and you were pretty close.

    Desira
    .5A Step to J2
    1.5A Ready a Lift

    Chaucer
    1.0A Move to J2
    2.0A Climb -Minor Failure 6 vs DC10(-)
    3.0A Climb -Minor Success 12 vs DC10(-)

    Now, since Desira is strong enough to lift him up and is strong enough by a considerable margin, no rolls are necessary. Desira's reach height plus Chaucer's reach height put the ledge in reach meaning that instead of a slippery DC15(T) Wall, all he has to do is climb crest a Standing Ledge which is a Climb DC10(-). And we'll say that since he is standing on Desira he doesn't have to worry about the wall being Slippery. Had Desira not boosted Chaucer the DC15(T) would have exceeded Chaucer's proficiency and he would have been unable to succeed, at best failing, and at worst falling.

    So, Chaucer had a Straight up DC10(-) Climb Check. He fails his first Attempt but succeeds on his second attempt.


    Now, I'm going to interrupt things before Desira gets her chance to climb up after him. The stirges were hiding and more than able to remain undetected by Chaucer and Desira, but Chaucer's is both Alert and has Blindsense so he will not be surprised. Desira is Surprised and will not Act.


    Spoiler: Initiative!
    Show

    Chaucer [roll]2d20b1+4[/roll]
    Desira [roll]1d20+4[roll]

    Stirges
    1: (1d20+6)[15]
    2: (1d20+6)[24]
    3: (1d20+6)[10]
    4: (1d20+6)[26]



  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Oops

    Chaucer (2d20b1)[17] +4 21
    Desira (1d20+4)[9]

    Initiative Order
    Stirge 4
    Stirge 2
    Chaucer
    Stirge 1
    Stirge 3
    Desira

    We start with a Surprise round with is a single Action long. Desira is surprised and will not act.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Stirges

    Before even Chaucer can react, the first two Stirges lift off and take flight...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Stirge 4
    SA: Fly to take off and hover in place

    Stirge: 2
    SA: Fly to take off and hover in place


    Chaucer is up!

    Initiative Order
    Stirge 4
    Stirge 2
    Chaucer
    Stirge 1
    Stirge 3
    Desira

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Sensing the approach of an enemy with his surprisingly sharp elf-senses, Chaucer turns to face one of the stirges. He lashes out with one hand - much too far away to actually smack it with his palm, but the wave of force that leaves his body certainly will make an impact, won't it?

    Spoiler: Action
    Show
    1 Action to cast Force Move as an Attack. Spending 5 Power Points to Upscale it. S1 needs to pass a Dexterity save of 15 or take (1d8)[1] bludgeoning damage.
    EDIT: 1 damage? Oh, boy, good job, Chaucer.
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2019-09-20 at 02:44 PM.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Almost reflexively Chaucer picks up a rock with Telekinesis and splatters one of the Stirges against the wall before it can even take off...

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Stirge Dex Save(1d20+12)[13] Failure! 1 Point of Wound Damage to Stirge 1 = Dead (1d20+12)[31] Disadvantage for the Flatfooted one that has not acted yet..
    *Had to add Flatfooted is Disadvantage on Dexterity Checks because I didn't think about Dex Check Manifestations on Flatfooted things. Still a rough check since they are tiny and super dexterous. It'd be like throwing a rock at a bird, lol.


    Stirges

    The remaining Stirge takes flight...

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Nice, I'll get the first round of combat for the first two Stirges going shortly


    Stirge: 3
    SA: Fly to take off and hover in place


    Stirges are up

    Initiative Order
    Stirge 4
    Stirge 2

    Chaucer
    Stirge 1
    Stirge 3
    Desira

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Round 2

    Stirges

    The demon mosquitos make diving attacks at Chaucer, their probiscus nearly ten centimeters long... Chaucer is able to narrowly avoid their horrid bite, feeling one even graze his thick padded jacket...

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Stirge 4
    A1: Move(Fly)
    A2: Attack (d20+4)[20] Hit: 1pt of Piercing Damage 1HP of Damage reduced by 1 for Arming Jacket to minimum of 1.
    A3: Move(Fly) to H4; No AoO due to Flyby Attack

    Stirge 2
    A1: Move(Fly)
    A2: Attack (d20+4)[22] Hit: 1pt of Piercing Damage 1HP of Damage reduced by 1 for Arming Jacket to minimum of 1.
    A3: Move(Fly) to L3; No AoO due to Flyby Attack

    Chaucer is Up
    Initiative Order
    Stirge 4
    Stirge 2
    Chaucer
    Stirge 1
    Stirge 3
    Desira

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Chaucer grits his teeth as he feels the stirges swarm around him. He doesn't think he can do this alone, seeing how tiny these creatures are, he'll have to be lucky to hit them... maybe his companion would do better. He curves his hand into a claw like shape, and wills his mental strength to grab ahold of Desira and yank her up to his side. "Hold on, lass, I'm pulling you up!"

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    I suppose this'll be up to GM discretion, but I'd like to use force pull to yank Desira up here. She's going to purposefully fail the save since he's told her he's helping.
    Force Pull is 2 actions, going to draw his dagger after that as a half action, then he's done.
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2019-09-20 at 03:16 PM.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Stirge

    Seconds tick by as Chaucer rips Desira off the ground and up towards the ledge... and with the seconds come another flyby by a demon mosquito... again leaving Chaucer unscathed...

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Oh, nice tactic. I think that works, she voluntarily fails. She'll basically be pulled 5+' up with a jump and be able to grab the ledge, leaving her a Hanging Ledge Climb Check for her first action. Not easy, but very doable.


    Strirge3
    1: Move(Fly)
    2: Attack (1d20+4)[10] Miss!
    3: Move(Fly) to J5

    Desira is Up for her Climb Check DC15(T) Slippery
    Initiative Order
    Stirge 4
    Stirge 2
    Chaucer
    Stirge 3
    Desira

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    With the lift from Chaucer's magic, Desira is able to leap for the edge and grab it, and with a surge of strength she hauls herself up beside the old man. "Bugs, pesky little f*ckers," she hisses as she unslings her maul from her back and lashes out at the Stirge beside her.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    1 action to haul herself up
    1/2 action to stand?? if this provokes an attack of opportunity, she'll take it
    1/2 action to unsling weapon
    1 action to attack S2

    Attack - (1d20+4)[9]
    I don't really need to roll damage because if she hits it splats, but here we go - (1d12+4)[14]
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2019-09-20 at 07:32 PM.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Round 3

    Desira manages to catch herself on the edge and with a burst of effort she manages to crest the ledge without trouble. Unshouldering her maul she swings but can't make contact with her tiny foe...

    Stirges

    The demonic mosquitoes don't lose any time falling on their new foe... both buzzing around furiously put posing little danger to the Lioness and the Old Man.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Should have been a Reaction for Desira to grab the ledge, then an action for her to pull herself up. The final Climb Action gets her to standing as long as the climb distance is enough to get to the top, which she does. So no AoO. Yeah, if she hits she would have killed it 14 times over!

    Stirge 4
    1: Move(Fly)
    2: Attack Miss vs Chaucer
    3: Move(Fly)

    Stirge 2
    1: Move(Fly)
    2: Attack Miss vs Desira
    2.5: Step
    3.0: Step


    Initiative Order
    Stirge 4
    Stirge 2
    Chaucer
    Stirge 3
    Desira

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Wow, messed up both of them!

    (1d20+4)[9]

    (1d20+4)[8]

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Seeing Desira easily get to her feet (and feeling a bit jealous, at that) Chaucer nonetheless manages to return his attention to combat. Readying his dagger, he steps up to the stirge still hiding in the corner and takes a couple swings at it.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    1/2 to step up to S4
    1 for an attack
    1 for another attack, because might as well try twice, right? Even if he needs a nat 20 to even hit the second time??

    First Attack - (1d20+1)[10]
    Damage - (1d4)[4]

    Second Attack - (1d20-3)[15]
    Damage - (1d4)[2]

    EDIT: Alas, I expected as much.
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2019-09-20 at 07:50 PM.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Stirges

    The third Stirge darts at Desira... narrowly missing her exposed neck. Close, too close...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Yep, a natural 20 is still a hit and a critical... unless it gets negated.

    Stirge 3
    .5: Step
    1.0: Step
    2.0: Attack Desira (1d20+4)[18] Hit: 1 HP reduced to well 1HP, haha
    3.0 Move(Fly) to M3


    Initiative Order
    Stirge 4
    Stirge 2
    Chaucer
    Stirge 3
    Desira

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    "Get out of here, pest!" Desira shouts, feeling that vein on her neck twinge as she tries to smash the stupid bug into the ground. She grins in satisfaction when the insect is crushed under her maul, and turns her attention to a second one with a savage yowl - unfortunately missing her mark.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    So some if this is going to be dependent on what happens with the first attack. IF the attack hits, she'll move to attack a different stirge. If not, she'll keep whaling on one. So it'll either be:

    1: Attack S2
    1.5: Move in front of Chaucer
    2.5: Attack S3

    OR

    1: Attack S2
    2: Attack S2
    2.5: Move in front of Chaucer

    OR

    1: Attack S2
    2: Attack S2
    3: Attack S2

    in that order. Makes sense? Clear as mud?

    Here's three attack rolls, third one perhaps not needed, and second one going either to S2 if it's not already dead or S3 if S2 is dead.


    First Attack - (1d20+4)[21]
    Second Attack - (1d20)[8]
    Third Attack - (1d20-4)[13]
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2019-09-20 at 08:06 PM.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Round 4

    Stirges

    The stirges begin another attack run... putting both Chauncer and Desira on the defensive in the dark. One buzzes Desira and makes a wide arc far above the tunnel they've just come from...

    Spoiler
    Show


    Stirge 4
    1: Attack Chaucer (1d20+4)[15] Hit 1HP
    2: Attack Chaucer (1d20+0)[10]
    3: Move(Fly) to J6

    Stirge 2
    1: Attack Desira (1d20+4)[17] Hit 1HP
    2: Attack Desira (1d20+0)[12]
    3: Move(Fly) to J1

    Initiative Order
    Stirge 4
    Stirge 2
    Chaucer
    Desira

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Chaucer peeks around the corner to see where one of the stirges has flown, and makes out the signs of traps along the blood-stained hallway. He focuses for a moment, then reaches out a hand, using a bit of his magic to try and shove the creature into the trap's trigger.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Since it's a DC 10(T) Check to spot the trap and Chaucer can make that with even DD, I assume he just sees it, so...
    3: Force Push (5) with two flourishes (reducing cost to 3) to put S4 in the trap!

    Been trying to figure out what I need to roll here. With STR 5 and CTA 5, I believe it'll be...

    (1d20+3)[7]
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I AM USING CHAUCER'S DESTINY POINT BECAUSE I WANT THIS TO WORK

    (1d20+3)[20]
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    With a flick of his mind the Stirge goes flying tumbling end over carried into a pile on the ground. With the impact of the tiny stirge and his mental force the whipsnap of bowstrings is heard and bolts are loosed... had the stirge been mansized, a terrifying though, it'd likely have been stuck right through by the small bolt, but it would have taken a sheer feat of luck to a bolt to have struck the miniscule stirge...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Stirge 4 is knocked back and Prone triggering a trap in the hallway. Any reasonable observer would be led to believe the hallway is trapped with arrows/bolts.

    Stirge has Disadvantaged Dex Check (1d20+12)[25] (1d20+12)[28] or suffers (1d6)[4] Piercing Damage. He needs a 1 to fail.

    Bottom of Round 4!
    Initiative Order
    Stirge 4
    Stirge 2
    Chaucer
    Desira

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Desira turns her head to watch the stirge and the hallway of arrows, frowning as the creature somehow doesn't die. Then again, it is small, isn't it? She turns back to the stirge in the other part of the room, readying herself for when it flies by again.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    .5: Ready an attack against the stirge as soon as it is in striking range. to save time, I'll go ahead and roll the attack.

    (1d20+4)[10]
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Round 5

    Stirges

    Desira's foes flies forward nimbly dodging her massive maul before stiking at Chaucer on its way through while the other strikes at Desira's turned back...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Stirge 4
    .5: Stand
    1.5: Move(Fly)
    2.5: Attack Desira (1d20+4)[18] Hit: 1HP
    3: Step to L4(Having to stand from prone before flying after chaucer's mental slap just kept it in melee range)

    Stirge 2
    1: Move(Fly)
    2: Attack Chaucer (1d20+4)[14] Hit: 1HP
    3: Move(Fly)


    Bottom of Round 4!
    Initiative Order
    Stirge 4
    Stirge 2
    Chaucer
    Desira

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    "They need to die!" Desira says, and Chaucer nods. He focuses his attention on the stirge in the hallway again, picking up rock after rock and flinging them at the stirge... doing his best to make sure the rocks also drop on the floor onto more triggers.

    Spoiler: Chaucer Actions
    Show
    1: Force Move (1) to chuck a rock at S2 and if it misses, put it on the ground to trigger the trap again.
    2: Force Move (1) to chuck a rock at S2 and if it misses, put it on the ground to trigger the trap again.
    3: Force Move (1) to chuck a rock at S2 and if it misses, put it on the ground to trigger the trap again.

    make that thing have to make six saves its bound to fail one

    ps if I can't make the rocks trigger the trap that's totally fair but that'd be sweet


    Desira, meanwhile, swings maniacally at the stirge in her reach.

    Spoiler: Desira Actions
    Show
    1: Attack S4.
    2: Attack S4.
    3: Attack S4.

    First Attack - (1d20+4)[14]
    Second Attack - (1d20)[20]
    Third Attack - (1d20-4)[4]
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Chaucer whips bit of debris after bit after the stirge in the hallway, narrowly missing it... meanwhile Desira swings her maul in unpredictable arcs managing to land a strike on the unfortunate stirge. The impact doesn't even slow her maul down and if not for the sound of splattering impact, she wouldn't even have known she had killed it.

    Spoiler
    Show

    DC15 Dex (1d20+12)[28] Success
    DC15 Dex (1d20+12)[15]Exact Success Darn, sooooo close!
    DC15 Dex (1d20+12)[30] Success

    Sorry, the small rocks and debris available wouldn't be large enough to trigger the trap. If that last one gets it its totally the corpse of one of the other stirges.

    Desira splats one on the second swing leaving her an action left.


  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Desira will use her remaining action to step up and ready an attack for when S2 comes in reach, if she can?
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Round 6

    Stirge

    The lone remaining Stirge flies foward again whizing past Desira as it dives at Chaucer...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Desira can't ready a strik, that would take an action and trigger on a Reaction. She only had a half action left. But, I'm given her position we'll just have her ready the attack without stepping and the Stirge just triggered that readied attack!

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Spoiler: This thing better die
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+4)[13]

    Come on... oof.
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2019-09-20 at 10:12 PM.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    ... the stirge just misses the soft opening of Chaucer's neck, brushing his collar. That was close, too close...

    Spoiler
    Show

    That readied attack was her third one anyway to at -4 not +4. It was a roll for a 20 kind of situation. Interestingly enough, those are great times to throw Destiny Points out because you only lose a Destiny point if it is successful. They can be pretty spectacular when they turn a third strike and miss into a crit.

    Stirge
    1: Move(Fly)
    2: Attack Chaucer (1d20+4)[19] Hit 1HP
    3: Move(Fly)

    Chaucer is now out of HP, any attack now will be against WP and you'll get an Armor Save to prevent it completely. It also means if they deal a WP they're going to latch on.

    Bottom of Round 4!
    Initiative Order
    Stirge 2
    Chaucer
    Desira

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Yeah, thought about using the destiny point, but this late with only one left, I figure I can take one more point of damage and save the DP for later.


    Both Chaucer and Desira whale on this thing until it dies.

    Spoiler: Chaucer Actions
    Show
    1: Dagger
    2: Dagger
    3: Dagger

    (1d20+1)[6]
    (1d20-3)[7]
    (1d20-7)[0]


    Spoiler: Desira Actions
    Show
    1: Move
    2: Maul
    3: Maul

    (1d20+4)[7]
    (1d20)[16]
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Round 7

    Stirge

    The stirge, cornered and finding its prey more trouble than they're worth takes off, flying towards the ceiling over the entrance...

    Spoiler
    Show

    5 round in and the stirges flee. You get to Catch Your Breath and continue on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •