The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 191
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    One last ditch try.


    Chaucer levitates one more rock and flings it after the stirge after a moment of focus, hoping to get it as it flies away... what if it comes back to make more trouble later?

    Spoiler: Action
    Show
    1: Flourish to reduce cost to 0.
    2: Force Move (1) and hopefully it dies.


    That last retaliation done, both Desira and Chaucer take a moment to gather themselves before looking at the trap lined hallway.

    "Well. How we going to cross that?" the warrior-woman asks, and Chaucer takes a moment to think.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I also take a moment to think, lol. Also, can't find 'Catch Your Breath' in the manual. What exactly does that do? EDIT: I found it!
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2019-09-20 at 10:35 PM.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    With a flick of his wrist Chaucer dispatches the fleeing Stirge with a small stone... ahead of them lies the bloodstained hallway, had it not been for the stirge Chaucer had dispatched into the floor with impunity setting off the trap, it likely would have been his or Desira's step that would have triggered it.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Nice job flourishing! Stirges are dead, but we're still counting rounds and time and I'll be posting your times. Right now you're at 42 second.

    Chaucer has one action left, then Desira's.

    Because Chaucer set off the trap, they know there is at least one trap in that hallway. Given the whole thing is bloodstained, it would stand to reason the hallway could have more traps. It makes them aware of the trap.

    You won't get a moment to Catch your Breath until you've passed the Hallway of Arrows and completed Wave 1. Sorry, I mispoke last night.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I have decided I care more about life than the best time so I am going to be very methodical as I 10' pole my way down this hall!


    After taking a moment to gather himself, Chaucer points at the maul being carried by Desira. "That ought to have enough haft to set off any pressure plates or trip wires, and we can stay a bit behind it," he says. Desira looks at her weapon, then smiles.

    "Well, old man, you're smart," she says. She takes a step forward closer to the hallway, and uses her weapon to bang against the floor.

    Spoiler: Desira Actions
    Show
    .5: Step forward
    1.5: Attack one tile in front of her
    2.5: Attack adjacent tile
    3: After any traps go off, she will step forward again

    Spoiler: Chaucer Actions
    Show
    Chaucer will use his remaining action to Seek for anything interesting around.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Chaucer spends a few seconds taking in all he can around him but doesn't see anything else moving in the shadowy light or hear anything in the darkness... that is until Desira sets herself to her work...

    As Desira steps forward she smashes the ground with her maul, some combination of her weight and the blow sets off the trap just in front ofher. When the whipsnap of bowstrings fill the corridor and a bolt snaps forward she wishes she had a longer reach... but her cautious approach pays off and she manages to avoid the pointy bite of the bolt.

    Spoiler
    Show

    See OOC for explanation on "10'poling" the trap.

    Desira
    .5: Step
    1.0: Step
    2.0: Attack Sets off Trap

    1 Action Remaining

    Desira Dex Save (1d20+4)[9] with Advantage (1d20+4)[13] vs DC 11 for risk [roll]1d6[\roll] Piercing Damage and (1d6)[3] more if it is a Crit Fail("1" on roll) Success: Miss

    Another option is the step and Dive to gain Advantage on the Save.


  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Desira makes her way down the hall, able to nimbly avoid each trap that she tiggers, with Chaucer following her. After a few moments, they have reached the other end of the hallway and pause to catch their breath.

    "All right, what's next?" Desira asks, turning to look at the obstacle course before them.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Round 8 and 9

    With a mechanical step and smackk Desira cautiously moves through the hallway. With every triggered bolt she manages to evade its deadly bite. Only when steping over the splattered remains of the dead stirge did she get a reprieve...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Wave 1 Complete in 54 Seconds!

    Congrats, both Desira and Chauncer now get to beenfit from Catching their Breath recovering their ranks in Heroism in HP and their ranks in Power in PP. Desira recovers 1HP; Chauncer recovers 1HP and 5PP.


    Wave 2: Round 1

    As both Desira and Chauncer step out from beyond the Hall of Arrows a great dark expanse opens before them. Almost sensing their presence a number of torches all along the perimeter begin shedding light, enough to push the entire room into sight, even for Chauncer's poor old eyes.

    The room appears to be a foggy pit, an easy 10' drop filled with platforms and stairs that reach their level. On the far ends of the rooms are ledges, easily twice as high as the platforms, overlooking the room.

    But what is most concerning are the four shambling remnants of people, stirring and staring hungrily towards the living creatures that dared enter their domain. Two are on the outskirts and have bows held in their skeletal hands with the remnants of leather armor on their bodies and short blades in sheaths on their hips. Two others are standing on the pillars in the center of the rooms, warriors by their equipment, each wearing the remnants of heavier studded leather with a shield. The first carries a broadsword, the other a mace.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Spoiler
    Show

    See the Map The bottom level is filled with Light Concealment Fog. Disadvantage to Ranged Attacks and Advantage on Saves vs Ranged Manifestations

    Initiative!
    Chaucer (1d20+4)[10](1d20+4)[20]
    Desira (1d20+3)[13]
    Skeleton Archer 1 (1d20+1)[3]
    Skeleton Archer 2 (1d20+1)[2]
    Skeleton Warrior 1 (1d20+2)[21]
    Skeleton Warrior 2 (1d20+2)[11]

    Initiative
    Skeleton Warrior 1
    Chucer
    Desira
    Skeleton Warrior 2
    Skeleton Archer 2
    Skeleton Archer 1

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Skeleton Warrior

    The first skeleton warrior, the one wielding a broadsword reflexively raises his shield and descends down into the fog becoming a shape moving eerily below...

    Spoiler
    Show

    SW1
    .5: Raise Shield
    1.0: Step
    3.0: Move twice to I13

    Chaucer is up!
    Initiative
    Skeleton Warrior 1
    Chaucer
    Desira
    Skeleton Warrior 2
    Skeleton Archer 2
    Skeleton Archer 1


    PS All the dotted lines and measurements like 11' etc are distance measurements for jumps. The things right in front of Desira and Chaucer are essentially balance beams, so Balance DC15(T).

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    "Undead... I wonder if these were put here intentionally, or if this is what happens to those who fail the arena..." Chaucer says, scurrying along the wall and trying to get a bead on one of the archers. He glances around and locates a stone, lifting it with his mind and hurling it at the skeleton.

    Spoiler: Chaucer Actions
    Show
    1: Flourish
    2: Force Move (3) against SA1, DC 15 to avoid (1d6)[1] damage
    3: Move to M11


    While Chaucer moves in on the archers, Desira concerns herself with the warriors. She moves over to the ladder, preparing to swing at anything that dares to try and come up it.

    Spoiler: Desira Actions
    Show
    1: Move to H11
    2-3?: Ready action to attack anything threatening coming up the ladder


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I think they both get partial cover from one of the Skeleton Archers each at this angle? They're going to press up against the walls.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Chauncer's hurled projectile... bounces off the distressed leather armor of the shambling pile of bones...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ok so that is only 2PP. Don't forget your Presence Power Damage Modifier which gets added to any damaging manifestation that doesn't specifically say it doesn't. Which with 5 Presence is +2. Oh, and Skeletens are Vulnerable to Bludgeoning, so you'll roll Advantage against them on damage rolls.

    Skeleton Archer 1's Dex Save at Disadvantage (1d20+3)[21](1d20+3)[5] and the advantage damage roll you needed. (1d6)[2]. And since he doesn't have any HP and the attack will deal Wound Damage, he needs his Armor Save 40% (1d100)[18] for DR2.

    Failure: 4 Damaged Reduced by 2 by a successful Armor Save

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Skeleton Warrior

    The second skeleton warrior brandishes its mace and raises its shield before plunging into the fog...


    Skeleton Archers

    The archer closes to Desira mechanically draws and looses and arrow... but the fates smile on Desira, the arrows skitters off the wall she is partially hidden behind... then draws and looses another... and the fates weren't done smiling upon her.

    The wounded archer does the same, targeting Chauncer... and he isn't as lucky. One arrow flies high but the other punches through his gambeson. It's a flesh wound, but it was a near thing...


    Spoiler
    Show

    SW2
    .5: Raise Shield
    1.0: Step
    2.0: Move
    3.0: Move to O15

    SA2
    .5: Draw Arrow(1)
    1.5: Fire Arrow at Desira (1d20+2)[15] for (1d8)[7] Piercing Damage Crit(1d6)[3] Desira has Light Cover 30% (1d100)[23] Hit: Negated by Cover
    2.0: Draw Arrow(2)
    3.0: Fire Arrow at Desira (1d20-2)[18] for (1d8)[4] Piercing Damage Crit(1d6)[3] Desira has Light Cover 30% (1d100)[5]Hit: Negated by Cover


    Round 2

    Skeleton Warrior

    The warrior doesn't begin to climb the latter with its arms full, instead it keeps it's shield raised and paces, anticipating the moment it can strike out at a living foe...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Skeleton Warrior
    .5: Raise Shield
    1.5: Move to M13
    2.5: Ready ???

    Chaucer is up!
    Initiative
    Skeleton Warrior 1
    Chaucer
    Desira

    Skeleton Warrior 2
    Skeleton Archer 2
    Skeleton Archer 1

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    Forgot the attacks from S1 on Chauncer

    SA1
    .5: Draw Arrow(1)
    1.5: Fire Arrow at Chauncer(1d20+2)[8] for (1d8)[1] Piercing Damage Crit(1d6)[4] Desira has Light Cover 30% (1d100)[60] Miss!
    2.0: Draw Arrow(2)
    3.0: Fire Arrow at Chauncer(1d20-2)[16] for (1d8)[5] Piercing Damage Crit(1d6)[5] Desira has Light Cover 30% (1d100)[51] Hit: Cover Failed Armor Succeeded. 5 Damage -1 HR, 1HP Damage, 1DR from Armor which leaves 2WP Damage. Chaucer is at 6/8. Damage is below his wound threshold so he suffers no negative effects, short of being out of HP and that much closer to death.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    And Chaucer has armor (1d100)[7] 40% DR1 Success, reduces the remaining damage by 1, the last 2 damage deals WP damage.


    All my posts are done. Chaucer and Desira are up!

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Chaucer grimaces as the arrow bites into his skin and draws blood. "Don't just stand there, woman!" he calls at Desira. He reaches his hand out towards the same archer he has been focusing, and uses his powers to try and yank it down off the ledge.

    Spoiler: Chaucer Actions
    Show
    1:Flourish
    3: Force Pull (5) against SA1 (1d20+3)[20] to try and get it to fall off the ledge (pulling it 10 feet, essentially)


    Desira, gritting her teeth, decides that if the fates are going to smile on her once, they may well smile again. She jumps off the ledge, grabbing the edge on her way down to cushion her fall but landing easily within the reach of the skeletal warrior. Undeterred, she swings her maul its way.

    Spoiler: Desira Actions
    Show
    .5: Drop off ledge
    1: Catch ledge before dropping the rest of the way if that 10' drop would cause her damage
    2: Attack SW1
    3: Attack SW1

    Attack One - (1d20+4)[23]
    B. Damage - (1d12+4)[5]
    B. Damage Adv - (1d12+4)[10]

    Attack Two - (1d20)[7]
    B. Damage - (1d12+4)[9]
    B. Damage Adv - (1d12+4)[13]
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Going to use a destiny point to see if I can get Desira's second swing to hit!

    Fate - (1d20)[11]

    EDIT: Oh, probably not. But maybe!
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2019-09-21 at 09:01 PM.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    With a curling snapping forward motion Chauncer rips the skeleton archer forward and off the ledge... landing with an audible crunch...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Nice, Major Success. Found an error when you did this to the stirges, the minor success for shove is only 5', not 10'. But you got a Major Success anyway

    I'm going to say the skeleton doesn't try and Grab the Ledge but will try and tumble a little (1d20+1)[4] vs DC10. He takes 2 Wound Points of Damage.

    Waiting to figure out how to resolve the Desira actions.


  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Desira charges forward off the ledge, barely managing to catch herself on the ledge using her just a single arm before sliding down to the ground and onto her feet. Upon landing she turns and puts the power of her hips into the blow... powering past the upraised shield and nearly landing a massive blow...

    As soon as her feet touched the ground, the second Skeleton Warrior closes in on her...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ok, the Skeleton has a raised Shield 40%(1d100)[75] Since the shield isn't vulnerable to bludgeoning, if the shield blocks it it'll take the first damage roll. If the shield doens't stop it, it'll be the 10 damage. Failure 10 points of HP damage reduced to 9 due to Armor HR.

    Second warrior expends Reaction to Trigger the Readied Action.


    Initiative
    Skeleton Warrior 1
    Chaucer
    Desira
    Skeleton Warrior 2
    Skeleton Archer 2
    Skeleton Archer 1


  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Skeleton Warrior

    The second mace-wielding warrior raises his shield in the manner he assuredly practiced ten thousand times in life. Once in place he presses Desira with mace strike after mace strike... putting Desira on the defensive...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Skeleton Warrior 2
    .5: Reaction
    1.0: Raise Shield
    2.0: Mace Strike (1d20+3)[12] for (1d8)[7] Bludgeoning vs Desira Def:13Miss
    2.0: Mace Strike (1d20-1)[13] for (1d8)[3] Bludgeoning vs Desira Def:13Hit for 3 Damage reduced to 2 Damaged by Armor HR


  18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Skeleton Archers

    The furthest archer moves forward, instinctively moving to get withing optimal range of its best target... the arrow strikign the stone below Chaucer's feet...

    The archer Chaucer had just ripped off his feet regains them and lumbers up the southern stairs to regain a platform and get out of the fog...

    Spoiler
    Show

    SA2
    1.0 Move to C14
    1.5 Draw Arrow(3)
    2.5 Fire at Chaucer (1d20+2)[3] for (1d8)[4] Piercing (1d6)[2] on Crit
    3.0 Draw Arrow(4)


    Onto Turn 3 and a SW1

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Round 3

    Skeleton Warrior

    Desira's foe raises its shield and steps around her, compromising her position before lashing out with its sword...

    Spoiler
    Show

    SW1
    .5 Raise Shield
    1.0 Step
    1.5 Step
    2.0 Step
    3.0 Attack Desira +2 for Perfect Flank (1d20+5)[18] for (1d8)[8] +2Str Slashing Crit(1d8)[1] Hit: 10 Damage redued to 9 for HR, Hp soaks 1 leaving 8points of damage heading through for armor.


  20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Desira's Armor Save 40%(1d100)[57] to reduce the 8 damage by 6

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Desira take 8pts of Wound Damage. This surpasses her Wound Threshold and delivers a Minor Wound to (1d10)[9] If Armor or Leg L1R2(1d2)[2]

    Minor Torso Wound; Fatigued(Can't Run, Can't Charge)

    Chauncer is Up!
    Initiative
    Skeleton Warrior 1
    Chaucer
    Desira

    Skeleton Warrior 2
    Skeleton Archer 2
    Skeleton Archer 1

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Desira screams in pain when the wounds begin to pile up, and Chaucer turns to see what is happening. His eyes widen, and he tries to help.

    Spoiler: Chaucer Actions
    Show
    1: Force Push (5) against SW2 to get him as far away as possible. (1d20+3)[21]
    2: Force Push (5) Against SA1 to knock him back off the ledge again. (1d20+3)[7]
    3: Force Move (1) Against SW1 to do (1d4)[1] or (1d4)[2] damage if he doesn't pass his save.

    Yay, one PP left! He try his best!


    Desira turns to the warrior still beside her, now (hopefully) no longer flanked. She unleashes a shout and tries to pummel the skeleton into the ground.

    Spoiler: Desira Actions
    Show
    1-3: Attack SW1

    Attack - (1d20+4)[15]
    (1d12+4)[5]
    (1d12+4)[8]


    Attack - (1d20)[12]
    (1d12+4)[5]
    (1d12+4)[15]


    Attack - (1d20-4)[15]
    (1d12+4)[15]
    (1d12+4)[6]
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ok, deconstruction that turn.

    You push SW2 back 10' with a Major success! Solid
    You get Advantage to push SA1 for greater strength [roll[1d20+5[/roll] If he gets pushed off the ledge he'll need an Acrobatics to tumble (1d20+1)[13] vs DC10(-)
    PS Also made me realize that Force Push is supposed to be a 2 Action Manifestation.

    SW1 gets a Dex Save (1d20+4)[13] (1d20+4)[9] If it hits him he'll get a Shield 40%(1d100)[82]

    Desira went Hit/Miss/Hit
    SW1's Shield Saves (1d100)[40] (1d100)[55]



  24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    SW1 gets some Armor Saves against Chauncer (1d100)[72] and against Desira(1d100)[5]


  25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Chauncer lets loose with more power than he had ever attempted to manifest before blasting one of the warriors away from Desira before blasting a skeleton archer off the ledge and finally picking up a stone and cracking it off the warrior engaging Desira, even around its shield...

    Meanwhile Desira took the opening that presented itself landing a solid blow against the skeleton warrior's shield before following it up with tremendous strike obliterating the skeleton...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Missed a roll (1d20+5)[15]

    SW2 got knocked back
    SW1 got hurt by rocks
    SA1 got hurled off the platform and took a point of damage having made its landing

    Desira absolutely explodes the Skeleton Warrior facing her.


    Initiative
    Chaucer
    Desira
    Skeleton Warrior 2
    Skeleton Archer 2
    Skeleton Archer 1


  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Skeleton Warrior

    The remaining skeleton, the mace-wielder, steps forward and raises its shield defensively before lashing out at the Lioness... and when her back is turn the skeleton lands a blow around her armor, the sounds of bones cracking can be heard as she tumbles to her knees, maul falling from her grip...


    Skeleton Archers

    The unscathed archer looses his arrow before methodically knocking and loosing another...

    The archer Chauncer had just tumbled off the platform struggles to it feet and emerges once again from the fog...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Skeleton Warrior 2
    .5 Raise Shield
    1.0 Step
    2.0 Attack Desira (1d20+3)[21] for (1d8+2)[4] Damage vs 40%(1d100)[54] armor Hit and Reduced to 0WP takes another Minor Wound and is Dying
    3.0 Attack Desira (1d20-1)[12] for (1d8+2)[5] Damage vs 40%(1d100)[96] armor Readies Action

    Skeleton Archer 2
    1.0 Attack Chauncer (1d20+2)[3] for (1d8)[6] Damage vs 40%(1d100)[23] armor Miss
    1.5 Draw Arrow
    2.5 1.0 Attack Chauncer (1d20-2)[9] for (1d8)[5] Damage vs 40%(1d100)[74] armor Miss
    3.0 Draw Arrow

    Skeleton Archer 1
    .5 Stand
    1.5 Move
    2.5 Move
    3.0 Draw Arrow

    Initiative
    Chaucer
    Desira
    Skeleton Warrior 2
    Skeleton Archer 2
    Skeleton Archer 1



    Round 4

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Chaucer's eyes widen when Desira goes down. He knows he should probably help the girl in some way, but his power is nearly gone and certainly he, without much armor nor nimbleness in his step, couldn't stand a chance. He turns and flees back the way he came.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Desira would have continued the fight if Chaucer went down, but the old man isn't going to. He's noping out.
    I guess that would be the end of the first arena run - if the archers don't shoot him in the back as he goes!
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Level 5: Welcome to the Arena Desira Lothbrok and Chauncer Penstemon!



    Why you're here, no one knows. All you know is that to survive, you must overcome all that stands in your way, pushing on to find a way out. And your first obstacle is but a mere wall. A dank, slick, fifteen foot wall looming in front of you in the dark...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ok, here we go! Here is the Arena Map

    The Wall is a DC15(T) and Slippery(Disadvantage) This part of the is considered to to be drenched in Shadowy Light(30' normal vision, 60' low-light vision, 90' darkvision). Shadowy Light causes Disadvantage on Perception(Spot) Checks.

    We'll start going round by round, either character can act first. When initiative is required, I'll roll it and we'll go from there. Once a Wave is complete, characters will benefit from Catching their Breath and I'll rearrange positions and trigger Wave 2. And so on and So forth.

    This Arena will be pretty brutal for 1st level characters and they will not survive, neither will the level 5 variants. I believe it is possible for the level 10 variants to survive it and I predict even odds for the level 20s to make it through all the waves.


    Also, your character is assume to have left their Rucksack behind and have their Satchel, Belt Pouches, Misc Items, and any Equipped Armor/Shields/Weapons.

    Spoiler: Sample Post
    Show

    Name

    You describe what you're doing like this. "You speak like this." and you Think like this.

    Spoiler: Mechanical Stuff Goes Here
    Show


    Action Count: Action Description and Rolls
    1:
    2:
    3:




  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    "You ever experience deja vu, old man?" Desira asks, looking at the wall before her with a sense of anticipation. Whatever lies ahead, she's ready to face it.

    "Oh, of course," Chaucer responds. "Plenty of time in a life as old as mine..."

    "Yeah, yeah. Just wanted a yes or no, didn't ask for your life's story,"
    Desira huffs, going over to the wall. She puts her hands on its surface, starting to climb, before looking back at the feeble character behind her. "...shall I carry you?" she asks, but the old elf shakes his head.

    "I will manage just fine on my own," he promises, focusing his power. He takes a surprisingly fast running start at the obstacle and leaps spryly off the ground despite his age, leaving Desira to scramble up after him.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Chaucer doing 3 Flourishes before Force Jump (3) to reduce the cost to zero.
    Chaucer Acrobatics - (1d20+9)[11]

    Desira doing this the old fashioned way.
    Athletics - (1d20+6)[8]
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hannahbbug3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: hannahbbug3 IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    REROLLING BOTH OF THOSE

    Chaucer - (1d20+9)[22]

    Desira - (1d20+6)[26]

    no more destiny points
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2019-09-22 at 03:12 PM.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

    If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

    -Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •