The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Player is set on doing something MASASIVELY stupid, needs to feel consequences

Quote Originally Posted by FoxWolFrostFire View Post
    Long story short, A level 6(2Cleric/4 Sorc) Star elf (Sea elf stats) Just got back from the Underdark with his party so he KNOWS how dangerous it is down there figured he didn't get to meet any Drow. So now during down time he wants to go back there BY HIM SELF. To find and say hello to the Drow. Which I made very clear In character and out that the Drow are NOT friendly in any way shape or form.
    So outside of overwhelming him with Drow spell casters and soldiers to for ever enslave his character, what else drow like stuff can I use to confirm a just punishment
    PS, he believes he has a way to escape...As the dungeon master I highly doubt a level six multi classier can escape from a Drow city, in anyway shape or form. Again I want a punishment that'll stick
    Update: He didn't do it. I throw some stuff at him that was more interesting to his character, and I was able to search my cities and find a surface Drow for him to meet...Now he just wants to say hello to a Drider next time he gets a chance. Oooooh. Yeah.
    Next time, let him do it. Let him be taken prisoner. You did, after all, warn him.
    Have a random character, a level below everyone else, in the ready - and slide it over to him and say, "There's the character your playing until the party rescues you."
    Need a character background written up? I do it for free but I am now taking financial donations through paypal if you're so inclined! <3 Now with over 100 character backgrounds written!

Check out my 5e Module The Secret of Havenfall Manor over at DMsGuild.com! (If you check it out - please rate, comment, and tell others!)

2. - Top - End - #122

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Player is set on doing something MASASIVELY stupid, needs to feel consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Next time, let him do it. Let him be taken prisoner. You did, after all, warn him.
    Have a random character, a level below everyone else, in the ready - and slide it over to him and say, "There's the character your playing until the party rescues you."
    +1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1

Spoiler: How to Make Custom Monsters
    Show

The damage column shows total damage output on hit over an entire round, and is modified based on factors like recharge, AoE etc.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

How old is your player?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ekzanimus View Post
    How old is your player?
    He is 27, And i'm like...70% sure he just wants to be in the BDSM sexy elf city for wacky Anime plot. But I never really set up the world in large for that and never showed that be a bigger theme in my world. I would RARELY throw him a bone and do something like that. But I made it very clear in Context this isn't how the world at large worked.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FoxWolFrostFire View Post
    He is 27, And i'm like...70% sure he just wants to be in the BDSM sexy elf city for wacky Anime plot. But I never really set up the world in large for that and never showed that be a bigger theme in my world. I would RARELY throw him a bone and do something like that. But I made it very clear in Context this isn't how the world at large worked.
    Well... If this is not what your world is meant to be - I mean BDSM-anime-fantasy with lusty elves - then it's best to show the player what your world really IS. If he will see that his lewd fantasies can't happen than - hopefully - he will not create such difficulties for you and party anymore. If you will support his strange kinks even when they are not realistic in your world than it will quickly become a chore for you. At first - drow, than - drider, and than what? He will want to befriend illithid's elder brain for some tentacle-filled action?

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by Ekzanimus View Post
    Well... If this is not what your world is meant to be - I mean BDSM-anime-fantasy with lusty elves - then it's best to show the player what your world really IS. If he will see that his lewd fantasies can't happen than - hopefully - he will not create such difficulties for you and party anymore. If you will support his strange kinks even when they are not realistic in your world than it will quickly become a chore for you. At first - drow, than - drider, and than what? He will want to befriend illithid's elder brain for some tentacle-filled action?
    Gotta say, I love this idea! Am now really tempted to make my character a horny bard who wants to go down on all kinds of monsters.

Seems really fun and comical.
    Last edited by zinycor; 2019-09-30 at 05:14 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by zinycor View Post
    Gotta say, I love this idea! Am now really tempted to make my character a horny bard who wants to go down on all kinds of monsters.

Seems really fun and comical.
    This has been thought of before:

https://pics.me.me/thumb_no-no-no-sa...s-44283690.png

Light the lamp not the rat LIGHT THE LAMP NOT THE RAT!!!