The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Quicksilver Hourglass [PF1]

Tentatively interested. Iíll need time to pin down a concept I enjoy, but something Psionic or caster-y is likely.
    "Ye are who ye are on all o' yer days. All o' em. Includin' that worst an' tha best. Ev'ry single one counts. All tha way ta tha end."

Recently returned from an extended hiatus.
    Spoiler: Extended signatures
    Show

War Doctor avatar by linkele.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

....aaaaaand I'm a moron who used Spheres of Might for this character as well. *sigh* Now whose fault is that? I blame....my neighbour.
    Semper ludens.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

A lot of high level Radiant Dawn boosts and counters don't have prerequisites. That isn't addressed anywhere, so I am going to assume that they are supposed to have the usual prerequisites.
    Semper ludens.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by In4Dimensions View Post
    Is there any chance that I could change the PoW Warlordís Initiating Ability from Charisma to Intelligence? My character idea would work better with a more tactical leader than an emotions-based one.
    Probably better to do it with the Warder class.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post
    A lot of high level Radiant Dawn boosts and counters don't have prerequisites. That isn't addressed anywhere, so I am going to assume that they are supposed to have the usual prerequisites.
    Yeah, that's normal.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Final View Post
    Probably better to do it with the Warder class.
    I could, I suppose, but I was also hoping to take the Desperado archetype for the Warlord, and there isnít a gun-using archetype for the Warder. I could apply the Desperado archetype to the Warder, like how the Bushi and Hussar archetypes can be applied to multiple classes.
    Chaotic Good, probably

6. - Top - End - #36

A great prestige class for the Cavalier is the "Mammoth Rider" but for a snake-oriented player, that's not going to fit thematically to have a wooly rhinoceros as a mount. I don't mind having a cold-themed snake or something, even a 'wooly' snake.

Could I use tweak the Mammoth Rider prestige class to not replace my reptilian mount?

Also, with a snake mount, hopefully I'd be able to function in any dungeons we'll be facing, right? If not, then I think I might go with something totally different than a cavalier.

edit: Call it a Titanoboa, maybe?
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-09-23 at 08:51 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37

I could, I suppose, but I was also hoping to take the Desperado archetype for the Warlord, and there isnít a gun-using archetype for the Warder. I could apply the Desperado archetype to the Warder, like how the Bushi and Hussar archetypes can be applied to multiple classes.
    A possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    A great prestige class for the Cavalier is the "Mammoth Rider" but for a snake-oriented player, that's not going to fit thematically to have a wooly rhinoceros as a mount. I don't mind having a cold-themed snake or something, even a 'wooly' snake.

Could I use tweak the Mammoth Rider prestige class to not replace my reptilian mount?

Also, with a snake mount, hopefully I'd be able to function in any dungeons we'll be facing, right? If not, then I think I might go with something totally different than a cavalier.
    Mammoth rider while named like this, does have all kind of animal companions listed that you can choose:

amargasaurusB6, arsinoitherium, aurochs, baluchitheriumB3, brontotherium, camel, cat (big), deinotherium, dire polar bear, elasmotherium, elk, horse, kentrosaurus, mastodon, megaloceros, moa, rhinoceros, styracosaurusB4, triceratops, uintatheriumB5, wolf, woolly mammoth (use the statistics for a mastodon), or woolly rhinoceros.

With a few of them being dinosaurs but anyway, sure you can keep your reptilian mount.

The "dungeon" is big enough to accomodate a mount.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

edit: Call it a Titanoboa, maybe?
    Snakes really, really ought to have the compression ability.
    Semper ludens.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I just saw that Deep Magic is on the table. First time I had heard of that book. Checked it out, and it looks interesting enough that I bought it. So I will definitely be using something from that book for my build. Now to read it and find out what exactly.

Possibly an android using clockwork magic.
    Last edited by paradox26; 2019-09-23 at 09:17 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    I just saw that Deep Magic is on the table. First time I had heard of that book. Checked it out, and it looks interesting enough that I bought it. So I will definitely be using something from that book for my build. Now to read it and find out what exactly.

Possibly an android using clockwork magic.
    It's a nice supplement, some of your adversaries will use spells from that book too, so fun times ahead.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

A possibility.
    My idea:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lose Aegis, Armigerís Mark, bonus feats, Tactical Acumen, and Clad in Steel for the abilities of the Desperado archetype. I could drop Stalwart too, if you want.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2019-09-23 at 09:36 AM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

12. - Top - End - #42

My idea:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lose Aegis, Armigerís Mark, bonus feats, Tactical Acumen, and Clad in Steel for the abilities of the Desperado archetype. I could drop Stalwart too, if you want.
    It's fine.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Tentative interest.

If POW is on the table maybe Iíll do a Witch gish of some kind.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

14. - Top - End - #44

Is the Leadership feat open, specifically for use as my mount?

edit: The above question is still one I'm asking, but I think I'll go with the Monstrous Companion feat instead. What would be the cohort level of a sepia snake? A "dragon horse" is given an effective cohort level of 10, and seems pretty similar to a Sepia Snake.
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-09-23 at 03:36 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tentative interest, would you be willing to allow the somewhat lesser known DSP Malefex class? I've been itching to play one for ages

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

Posting interest as a single-class Harbinger.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Requesting two custom items:

"Amulet of Natural Armor That Is Also A Periapt of Proof Against Poison"
    (As it says. +50% to the cost of the cheaper half as usual).

Staff of Resurrection, 99,850 gp
    CL 13. Resurrection (8 charges), Restoration (can restore negative levels) (2 charges). And maybe a few more life saving spells, but these are the big ticket ones as far as approval goes.
    Semper ludens.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

I'm thinking of doing 20th level Aether Kineticist. Going to have a throne that carries me through the battlefield.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I think I might go as an Ascendant Psion. Don't often do Psionics!!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Gashan, Gathlain Rajah

A small, androgynous fey, with wings of vines and leaves. She is carried on a palanquin by liveried, insubstantial servants.

Roles: Healing, Defense, Force Multipliers, Face. Moderate AoE damage. Very poor concentrated damage.
    ************************************************** **************************************
    Gashan was flowered from the World Tree a long, long time ago. How long exactly? She certainly doesn't know. Seasons come and go, lives come and go. What good does a number etched in stone do? Besides, she has traveled extensively across the Material and the First World. Time gets... fluid. There are several characters in very ancient tales that could very well have been her. Or him. Many families have stories of the fey who blessed their ancestor and made him rich.

Gashan has never "trained" at anything, or "studied magic". The world flows through her; She shapes her wishes and desires into reality. Sometimes it takes a decade to get it right, or the right experience. The sun and stars bestow their gifts. She simply is and does.

She carries many powerful items on her person. Where did they come from? Who made them, and how did she acquire them? She doesn't remember. Maybe they came from her wishes. It is not important. There is one exception though - her staff. She remembers that it was given to her in exchange for gold and jewels by the chestful. With the staff, she traveled, occasionally bringing people back from the dead.

As she learned to impose her own will against even death itself, without the use of crutches, she began to get a following. People whom she have saved or brought back. Powerful individuals who want her to do more good in the world. She allows this to happen, and often joins them for meals, for assistance, and companionship. Just as often, though, she wanders off to another plane of existence, and leaves them to try and find her again as best they can.

Gashan is flighty and seemingly frivolous. She is aware that she is a very powerful, being, and is rarely truly challenged. She does not abide undead, however, and is aware that powerful Outsiders are not to be taken lightly.

Spoiler: Stealth and Perception
    Show
    Stealth +37. No scent.
    Non-detection DC 35 caster level check to tag with divination magic.
    Auras: Moderate Chaos, Moderate Good. Usually only has a magic aura when expecting trouble (strong abjuration, faint transmutation). DC 35 will save to detect magic items.

Perception +31 at rest, +41 when expecting trouble. Low-Light vision.
    Normal light 30', Invisibility Purge 25'
    (Accompanied by Unseen Servant carrying Lantern of Revealing, even when flying)

Spoiler: AC and Saves
    Show
    AC 43, Incorp. Touch 38, Touch 30, CMD 31
    +4 [Dodge] vs spells, +4 with Temp HP

Flat-footed AC 36, Incorp Touch 31, Touch 23, CMD 24
    +4 with Temp HP

When Incorporeal AC 38, "Incorp Touch" 38, Touch 30, CMD 38
    +4 [Dodge] vs spells, +4 with Temp HP

Saves Fortitude +16, Reflex +23, Will +17
    +4 with Temp HP, +12 Will vs Charm & Compulsion, roll Will twice vs Mind-Affecting, Immune to Fear and Poison

Spoiler: AC Calculations
    Show
    +1 size
    +7 dex
    +7 shield - applies to touch AC as well
    +8 Armor - applies to Incorp. touch.
    +5 Natural
    +5 Deflect
    (+4 untyped with Temp HP)

Incorporeal
    +1 size
    +7 dex
    +0 shield - applies to touch AC as well
    +8 Armor - applies to Incorp. touch.
    +0 Natural
    +12 Deflect
    (+4 untyped with Temp HP)
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2019-09-24 at 01:31 PM.
    Semper ludens.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Kal'yanavar T'Man

Sheet is very much WIP - https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2018871

Build is using the Elan Archetype for Psion, kind of going down a very meditative route - Walker, as their friends call them, is a contemplative sort, and it has been a long-ass time since they last meddled in real-world affairs. Will be taking a smattering of powers across the board to be something of a generalist.

22. - Top - End - #52

Is the Leadership feat open, specifically for use as my mount?

edit: The above question is still one I'm asking, but I think I'll go with the Monstrous Companion feat instead. What would be the cohort level of a sepia snake? A "dragon horse" is given an effective cohort level of 10, and seems pretty similar to a Sepia Snake.
    Someone already asked the question. But anyway, last time I reiterate this, yes leadership is fine, when it comes "playable race" npc, they are all made with the npc array (heroic if it is a player class).

Sepia Snake is not in the listed materials, at least assuming you are talking about the tome of horrors one.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post
    Requesting two custom items:

"Amulet of Natural Armor That Is Also A Periapt of Proof Against Poison"
    (As it says. +50% to the cost of the cheaper half as usual).

Staff of Resurrection, 99,850 gp
    CL 13. Resurrection (8 charges), Restoration (can restore negative levels) (2 charges). And maybe a few more life saving spells, but these are the big ticket ones as far as approval goes.
    Yeah sure for the combined item and the staff.
    --------

Saw the applications/drafts, pretty nice.

23. - Top - End - #53

Quote Originally Posted by grumblyarcher View Post
    Tentative interest, would you be willing to allow the somewhat lesser known DSP Malefex class? I've been itching to play one for ages
    Yeah sure.

24. - Top - End - #54

Legacy items(from the chronicle of legends) and Scaling items(As shown in PF unchained) are available for purchase.

The pricing goes as follows:

An item which requires a slot: 3000 gp
    Armor or Shield: 4000 gp
    Weapon: 5000 gp
    Slotless: 6000 gp

+ each ability add 1000 gp times the ability level.
    At the end, the reward increases the item price by 50%.

----------------------------

Monstrous Cohorts are an option of course.

But for people less aware or following newer options, with animal companions, there are two neat feats to consider: Beast Speaker and Beast Speaker Mastery.

This short and simple line of feats gives you access to a magical beast companion such as Basilisk, Behir, Bulette, Death Worm and Sun Falcon for very modest and easy requirements.

The Monstrous Companion feat exists of course and tends to be slightly more versatile, it all depends on your need.

25. - Top - End - #55

Planetar

Ill be building a debuffer halfling ninja! He uses various techniques (ki bombs, poison, debuff maneuvers, hexes, halfling jinx) in order to rain a living hell on his enemies.

Very much WIP fluff is some guy who binds demons to his soul (not sure why) and uses their power against his enemies.

Looks wise, he is a guy with hundreds of small glass bottles strapped to his belts, each one containing a demon which he drinks out of the bottle and then uses its power.

Sheet soon to come!

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

I've got a few questions with Aether Kineticist.

Namely would the basic kinesese be able to sustain for something less than a standard, and affect things not touching a creature?
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

27. - Top - End - #57

Someone already asked the question. But anyway, last time I reiterate this, yes leadership is fine, when it comes "playable race" npc, they are all made with the npc array (heroic if it is a player class).

Sepia Snake is not in the listed materials, at least assuming you are talking about the tome of horrors one.
    Yeah, Sepia Snake isn't listed with Monstrous Companion. Alright, I'll just go for the straight Leadership feat.

Here are some samples for monsters as cohorts: the example monster cohort list. Looking at that, it seemed the closest monster on that list to the Sepia Snake was the Dragon Horse (or Garuda or Sleipnir).

Dragon Horse
    Garuda
    Sleipnir
    Sepia Snake

That's just my estimate. What's the DM estimate? Those are definitely better for a cavalier build, but with my snake-oriented character, I'd like to go for the Sepia Snake.

Since the Dragon Horse/Garuda/Sleipnir are all CR 9-11, and the Sepia Snake is CR 10, does that make it equivalent as a cohort from the Leadership feat, in your estimate?

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    I've got a few questions with Aether Kineticist.

Namely would the basic kinesese be able to sustain for something less than a standard, and affect things not touching a creature?
    Can you rephrase the question?

I mean at the very basic at level 20, you can lift 50 pounds worth of objects with it.
    Last edited by Final; 2019-09-24 at 10:42 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Anyone willing to make a table of applicants and what they would like to play? I have a few ideas myself but it would really help me narrow it down.

30. - Top - End - #60

Yeah, Sepia Snake isn't listed with Monstrous Companion. Alright, I'll just go for the straight Leadership feat.

Here are some samples for monsters as cohorts: the example monster cohort list. Looking at that, it seemed the closest monster on that list to the Sepia Snake was the Dragon Horse (or Garuda or Sleipnir).

Dragon Horse
    Garuda
    Sleipnir
    Sepia Snake

That's just my estimate. What's the DM estimate? Those are definitely better for a cavalier build, but with my snake-oriented character, I'd like to go for the Sepia Snake.

Since the Dragon Horse/Garuda/Sleipnir are all CR 9-11, and the Sepia Snake is CR 10, does that make it equivalent as a cohort from the Leadership feat, in your estimate?
    When I said not listed materials, mostly meant that tome of Horrors is a third party product (frog god game) that isn't on my list of allowed materials, didn't mean any confusion by it.