The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Quicksilver Hourglass [PF1]

@Final

For the purposes of writing backstory, what is the Archmage's name or title that he goes by?

EDIT: Are Trinity Knight and Trinity Angel potentially available? They touch on Spherecasting which I know is not available, but they have options for entry that do not require it and tie into Akashic Mysteries strongly so I wanted to check before I got into a potentially complicated build, lol.

EDIT2: Any guidance on target power/optimization level would be great. The character I have in mind... I have two different potential builds that could work for it. An optimized Trinity Knight/Angel initiator that brings most of his own buffs and is almost entirely self sufficient or a stalker/landskenecht that is intended to fill a roll within a party and while he has a lot of utility capability in combat through his maneuvers, ultimately has weaknesses and flaws that the rest of the part would help cover.
    Last edited by Warlawk; 2019-10-03 at 02:22 PM.
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Player Character Class(es) Notes Crunch Complete? Fluff Complete?
    Razorback Xi'dil Amanent Arcance Archer None yet N N
    Ancient Greensting Legendary Ranger/Elven Machine Gun ? ? ?
    Anomander Dhama Freescale Snake man riding around on a Couatl ? ? ?
    Triskavanski Taidana Aether Kineticist ? ? ?
    Snowbluff Eatna Oscuro A monstrosity ? ? ?
    kinem Seldlon "Sell" Wolf Paladin ? ? ?
    In4Dimensions Enharen Aldhika Awakened Blade ? ? ?
    Casual Viking Gashan Fey Rajah ? Yes Yes
    Genth Kal'yanavar T'Man Psion ? ? ?
    Semper ludens.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Mechanics mostly done. Still working on fluff, including a good name. What is the deadline for character submissions?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Triskavanski Taidana Aether Kineticist yes ? ?
    In4Dimensions Enharen Aldhika Awakened Blade ? ? ?
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

5. - Top - End - #125

Okay, bio done, some final tweaking being done on the build.

Question for DM:
    Paizo doesn't seem to have done much to support Kineticists in the magic item department. Would it be okay to use the Magic Items for Kineticists found here? In particular I was looking at:
    Conduit Glove
    Focusing Glove + Kinetic Blademaster Glove (combined at +50% cost, to give my Blast a property in both ranged and melee form)
    Vambraces of Overwhelming Power

Spoiler: Kayahn
    Show
    Name: Kayahn Frixas
    Race: Tiefling [Hellspawn Variant] (Originally Elf)
    Class: Legendary Kineticist (Roil Dancer) 18 / Unchained Monk (Weapon Adept) 1 / Harbinger (Crimson Countess) 1
    Role: Front-line tank, crowd suppression

Spoiler: Image
    Show

History: Kayahn is a dusk elf, sometimes referred to as gray elves or moon-fey, whose parents were Listeners within the Mordant Spires. She was a mere five years from official induction into the order herself when a sect of Rovagug cultists slaughtered most of the Listeners and Censors on-site, taking the remainder as prisoners for their rituals and to test the Azlanti artifacts they found. Some were driven mad from the cultists' failures to use what they found. The few successes were worse, causing mutations to the body or corruptions to their innate magic.

Kayahn herself was one such rarity, and was afflicted with an unstable siphoning effect that drew in nearby planar energies as food. The cultists, believing she could be made into the perfect sacrifice, spent months binding minor angelic and demonic beings and leaving them caged beside her. When they were ready to attempt their final ritual she was half-mad from being 'fed' the conflicting energies. When the one conducting the ritual mockingly asked if she had any final words her response, 'burn', heralded her first conscious exercise of her newfound power. What followed was a bloodbath as she slipped free of her bonds, killing every living being remaining in the tower in an eldritch bloodrage.

When she came back to her senses she found that her soul had managed to find an uneasy balance that left her both physically and emotionally unstable for quite some time. An upswell in demonic energy was almost easier to handle, as violent impulses were easy to identify and seek help in suppressing or outlets for relief. Extreme celestial 'mood swings' could result in false feelings akin to true love, and a few too many has made it difficult for Kayahn to trust herself or others beyond a surface level. Likewise tipping the balance too far one way or another could cause sudden mutations to her appearance, not all of which subsided after she'd regained her composure. With her family dead, her order in shambles, and only loss and hatred to keep her moving forward Kayahn left the island to follow clues she'd found among the cultists belongings describing allied cults pursuing other avenues towards their dark god's revival.

In the years that followed Kayahn grew to loath the devout followers of 'good' gods nearly as much as the plainly evil, often attacked for the twisted aspects of her appearance that had been inflicted on her. The frequency and ease with which her targets hid among the faithful caused her to clash with their forces time and again. Despite always trying to avoid unnecessary bloodshed, her own safety took priority over the 'honor' of fools brandishing symbols and swords at her. With little choice she learned to incorporate the conflicting energies her body contained into her magic, channeling the powers of demons and angels to battle on even footing with both.

Although the cult of Rovagug remains her primary focus, hunting them has put her in conflict with a number of dark forces. And she hasn't always been alone, either, as dark foes always seem to attract their opposite. From time to time she has allied with like-minded heroes, those willing to see beyond her aberrations, to face threats beyond their individual power. While her experience hasn't left her particularly enamored of them she has even allied with a few divine champions, once plunging into a hellmouth alongside a squad of templars to prevent a minor demon lord from crossing over when they arrived too late to stop the ritual.

Kayahn finds it difficult to remain in one place for too long, even when she finds others willing to accept her. While she's gained enough control of her 'soul shifts' to avoid further mutation to her body, the idea that she can't fully trust her own feelings towards others pushes her to move on before she can grow attached. Easier to keep fighting. There's always someone to fight...

6. - Top - End - #126
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomePirate

Are you still accepting submissions? I've been pulling together a hit-and-run style Hidden Blade Rogue that I'm almost done with

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

I haven't made up by cohort or any of my followers. They are a cult of sorts, every single one of them having been raised from the dead or otherwise saved by Gashan. The cohort is a solar oracle, and not really a combat assistant.
    Semper ludens.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomePirate

Here's my Hidden Blade/Eldritch Scoundrel Rogue, Evelyn Decheris.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2023807

Question for the GM: Can I request for a custom item a bandolier version of a Blinkback Belt, for double the cost?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Triskavanski Taidana Aether Kineticist yes ? ?
    In4Dimensions Enharen Aldhika Voyager ? ? ?
    Athaleon Vryshnakul Awakened Blade ? Yes ?
    n00b17 Evelyn Decheris Rogue ? ? ?

Table updated with my character (who now has a name, and who I'd better call crunch-complete before I spend even more time tweaking him), In4Dimensions' updated character and n00b17's character.
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2019-10-04 at 01:42 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Is this somewhat dead?
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Is this somewhat dead?
    OP hasn't been on since 09/29, so my guess is that this has stalled.
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

12. - Top - End - #132

RangerGuy

Bummer. Just came across this and it seemed interesting to do a lvl 20 game.