New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Is there any way to avoid hidden animal products?

Darkrose50, literally nothing you said there had anything to do with Bohandas's post.

Regardless, gluten will have an affect on one person, and not another, and the actual mechanism is whatever mental processing power inhibition it produces (however that happens) stifles ones ability to 'blend in as neurotypical?' Thank you, that's useful information.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkrose50 View Post
    [1] thru [6]
    The more I read your descriptions, the more I wonder if I should have myself checked.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
    Darkrose50, literally nothing you said there had anything to do with Bohandas's post.

Regardless, gluten will have an affect on one person, and not another, and the actual mechanism is whatever mental processing power inhibition it produces (however that happens) stifles ones ability to 'blend in as neurotypical?' Thank you, that's useful information.
    It addressed the "the connection between digestive troubles and autism".

Some studies say yes gluten is a factor, others say no gluten is not a factor, and still others say sometimes it is and sometimes it is not a factor. I am betting that folks are not approaching this from the right mind frame. I think that they first need to study how some people with autism can blend in as neurotypical. Then they should study how gluten effects the ability of that population to blend in (observable behaviors) as this is part of a self-monitoring skill-set could turn out to help folks in life.

Learning a skill all by yourself is not efficient, but if it could be better studied, understoodd, and taught . . . that would be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbalance View Post
    The more I read your descriptions, the more I wonder if I should have myself checked.
    Check to see if your insurance pays for them. It was something like ~13 tests. I also bet that it was likely ~13 tests, because they could charge the insurance company for ~13-tests.

The main physiologist, it would seem, based his opinion on two things he asked right away (not included in the ~13 tests mentioned above). He told me to take a seat, and then called my name and ask some question to see if I looked at him while looking for a seat (I did not). He also asked my parents (part of the process is talking to you parents about you growing up) if I would line up my Hot Wheels in rows (I did). I am pretty sure that he made up his mind within the first few minutes of our meeting.

Knowing more about how your brain works and why you think differently than most people is cathartic.
    Last edited by darkrose50; 2019-10-02 at 09:36 AM.