New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Baby Shark

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Baby Shark

I love Baby Shark. I know it's a kids song. But man that song is popular now. Is it a new song or no?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Baby Shark

Nobody actually knows when the song was first made and where it came from, but it didn't really become popular until a couple of years ago, I think.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

When I need to elicit some groans from my friends this is a go to.
    Sparxs Plays: My friend's Youtube gaming channel where you can watch us.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbj...9MQHA/featured

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

I don't know it's exact origins but baby shark was a popular *scrubbed* camp song back in the 90's and early 2000's.

The original one has you dying to a shark attack *scrubbed*

Baby shark -> momma shark -> daddy shark -> grandpa shark -> went swimming -> saw a shark -> swim fast -> shark attack -> lose an arm -> lose a leg -> CPR -> it's not working -> *scrubbed*
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2019-09-25 at 10:18 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Yep. I remember that version of the song being sung at summer camp.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

I ran a Lip Sync Battle program for teens at my library this past summer. I had the teens tell me what songs they were going to do ahead of time (so I could vet them for appropriateness), but I didn't have them in any particular order, just a volunteer basis of who wanted to go next.

When I hit a lull where none of the remaining teens wanted to go next, I threatened to play Baby Shark until someone got up do their song. They were horrified, and I got volunteers immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I ran a Lip Sync Battle program for teens at my library this past summer. I had the teens tell me what songs they were going to do ahead of time (so I could vet them for appropriateness), but I didn't have them in any particular order, just a volunteer basis of who wanted to go next.

When I hit a lull where none of the remaining teens wanted to go next, I threatened to play Baby Shark until someone got up do their song. They were horrified, and I got volunteers immediately.
    Heh. Reminds me of being at a daytime summer camp (you get dropped off in the morning, you get picked up by your parents when they get off work) where we behaved so badly one day that the camp counselors forced us all to sit in the gymnasium and listen to Barney the Dinosaur songs for an hour until we got picked up.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The current version of Baby Shark that has gone viral was part of a Phone App by Pink Fong that was released probably 8 years ago, but it only got super popular recently. I had never heard of the song before seeing it on the app so I don't know if it was a standard children's song or original.