The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132
Results 931 to 950 of 950
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Feb 2017

    Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    Gotta roll a 20 sometime!

    Or maybe a 1...
    Unfortunately rerailing uses 3d6...

  2. - Top - End - #932
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    ClericGirl

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Aboleth View Post
    I work in the DC sports media market.
    Is RG3 nice in person?

    I was a fan of his when he played for Baylor, and I hated seeing his knee get destroyed ...
    (Yeah, this is off topic, but this is a one of a kind chance to get an answer from someone who knows)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
    (paraphrased) Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenstone View Post
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also quite handsome) ... 2D8HP told me so
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyDaze
    Self-deception tends to have a low target number

  3. - Top - End - #933
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Elemental Plane of Water

    Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    Is RG3 nice in person?

    I was a fan of his when he played for Baylor, and I hated seeing his knee get destroyed ...
    (Yeah, this is off topic, but this is a one of a kind chance to get an answer from someone who knows)
    I never met RG3, myself; those I work with who have met the man never had anything bad to say about him. My understanding "behind the scenes" when RG3 was still with the Redskins was that Dan Snyder spoiled the young QB and basically gave him carte blanche to overrule the coach, and that got to his (RG3's) head a bit; this created the perception that he was kind of a jerk, rather than the much more likely scenario that Dan Snyder just ruins everything he touches (it didn't help either that RG3/the team majorly regressed after his rookie year, either).

    I did meet Kirk Cousins in person at a youth football camp. He was nice with the kids but a bit standoff-ish with the media folks (like not a jerk, just the minimal level of politeness required to get through the interviews). He was being hounded for autographs all that day, though, so I don't begrudge him that reaction.
    Last edited by The Aboleth; 2019-10-14 at 10:05 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #934
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    ClericGirl

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Aboleth View Post
    Dan Snyder just ruins everything he touches
    Besides that business that made him filthy rich; yeah, it seems that way. Al Davis he's not.

    Thanks for the insights. We now return you to your regularly scheduled digression into Star Wars, or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
    (paraphrased) Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenstone View Post
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also quite handsome) ... 2D8HP told me so
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyDaze
    Self-deception tends to have a low target number

  5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    Besides that business that made him filthy rich; yeah, it seems that way. Al Davis he's not.

    Thanks for the insights. We now return you to your regularly scheduled digression into Star Wars, or something like that.
    Since we talked about Snyder and DC, we could talk about Justice League
    Each one of us, alone, is but a drop in the sea
    Our powers pale compared with the great heroes
    Our battles donít hit theheadlines or shake the earth
    But they are few, canít be everywhere, and we, many
    So, when the world or universe needs saving, they come
    But when people needs saving, we are the ones to appear
    We're underdogs, but we rise up to the challenge to be heroes.
    (Wishing Joe, a low-powered superhero)

    "I really like the Geek Math'ology we do here"

  6. - Top - End - #936
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

    Let's leave that particular can of worms buried in the bottom of the landfill.

    So, with CW starting a series in the Bat-mythos, how long until we get someone Wonder Woman adjacent?

  7. - Top - End - #937
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2019

    Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Let's leave that particular can of worms buried in the bottom of the landfill.

    So, with CW starting a series in the Bat-mythos, how long until we get someone Wonder Woman adjacent?
    Iím hoping not long, Iíd love to see Lynda Carter return as Wonder Woman and she does exist in some form on Earth-One if Kate mentioning her is to be believed.
    Spoiler: Read this if I've posted a theory in the post above
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    I recognize that Conservation of Detail is Overrated, but I find the event that I am using as evidence for my theory above important enough/given enough focus to qualify for what I call Elanís Exception, ďWho wastes perfectly good foreshadowing like that?Ē. Also I have never correctly predicted any event in any piece of media so take this theory with a grain of salt (I call this Peeleeís Ye Old Reminder).

    Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    "A sufficiently big wedge of cheese is indistinguishable from an aircraft."

  8. - Top - End - #938
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Let's leave that particular can of worms buried in the bottom of the landfill.

    So, with CW starting a series in the Bat-mythos, how long until we get someone Wonder Woman adjacent?
    I must say, I thrilled to see Crisis
    Each one of us, alone, is but a drop in the sea
    Our powers pale compared with the great heroes
    Our battles donít hit theheadlines or shake the earth
    But they are few, canít be everywhere, and we, many
    So, when the world or universe needs saving, they come
    But when people needs saving, we are the ones to appear
    We're underdogs, but we rise up to the challenge to be heroes.
    (Wishing Joe, a low-powered superhero)

    "I really like the Geek Math'ology we do here"

  9. - Top - End - #939
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2019

    Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by D.One View Post
    I must say, I thrilled to see Crisis
    Itís gonna be crazy and I love it, they shoved Lyla into a superhero costume and Pariah is there and a bunch of shows will show up and itís already completely overshadowing most of the episodes (though Supergirl seems not overshadowed).
    Spoiler: Read this if I've posted a theory in the post above
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    I recognize that Conservation of Detail is Overrated, but I find the event that I am using as evidence for my theory above important enough/given enough focus to qualify for what I call Elanís Exception, ďWho wastes perfectly good foreshadowing like that?Ē. Also I have never correctly predicted any event in any piece of media so take this theory with a grain of salt (I call this Peeleeís Ye Old Reminder).

    Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    "A sufficiently big wedge of cheese is indistinguishable from an aircraft."

  10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    Itís gonna be crazy and I love it, they shoved Lyla into a superhero costume and Pariah is there and a bunch of shows will show up and itís already completely overshadowing most of the episodes (though Supergirl seems not overshadowed).
    Much of what DC s lacking in the Movieverse is fully there on Arrowverse. Arrow has had its problems, but it's a pretty good series, and shows us what a Batman series might be. Flash is colorful and funny and heroic, and the three main characters (Barry, Cisco and Caitlin) are so perfectly matched. And let's not forget fan-favorite Tom Cavanagh, who's just brilliant in all his roles. Supergirl is light, colorful and heroic too - the people behind last iterations of Superman should learn from that. The S means hope, after all. Legends of Tomorrow is bats**t crazy, and gloriously funny, because it doesn't take itself seriously most of the time. Black Lightning had a great first season, and a not so great more-of-the-same second season, but it's still good. I'm eager to see Batwoman, and I'm also eager to see all the crossovers and references in Crisis, because they'll be referencing lots of old series and movies for all we've been seeing.

    Edit:

    Past crossovers have been fantastic. I loved Invasion, liked very much Crisis on Earth X, and still have to see Elseworlds, that seems to be amazing for all I've seem until now.
    Last edited by D.One; 2019-10-15 at 05:10 PM.
    Each one of us, alone, is but a drop in the sea
    Our powers pale compared with the great heroes
    Our battles donít hit theheadlines or shake the earth
    But they are few, canít be everywhere, and we, many
    So, when the world or universe needs saving, they come
    But when people needs saving, we are the ones to appear
    We're underdogs, but we rise up to the challenge to be heroes.
    (Wishing Joe, a low-powered superhero)

    "I really like the Geek Math'ology we do here"

  11. - Top - End - #941
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by D.One View Post
    Since we talked about Snyder and DC, we could talk about Justice League
    I know I say comic books aren't really in my interest, but I would be game to talk Super Friends.

  12. - Top - End - #942
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by D.One View Post
    Much of what DC s lacking in the Movieverse is fully there on Arrowverse. Arrow has had its problems, but it's a pretty good series, and shows us what a Batman series might be. Flash is colorful and funny and heroic, and the three main characters (Barry, Cisco and Caitlin) are so perfectly matched. And let's not forget fan-favorite Tom Cavanagh, who's just brilliant in all his roles. Supergirl is light, colorful and heroic too - the people behind last iterations of Superman should learn from that. The S means hope, after all. Legends of Tomorrow is bats**t crazy, and gloriously funny, because it doesn't take itself seriously most of the time. Black Lightning had a great first season, and a not so great more-of-the-same second season, but it's still good. I'm eager to see Batwoman, and I'm also eager to see all the crossovers and references in Crisis, because they'll be referencing lots of old series and movies for all we've been seeing.

    Edit:

    Past crossovers have been fantastic. I loved Invasion, liked very much Crisis on Earth X, and still have to see Elseworlds, that seems to be amazing for all I've seem until now.
    See the crossovers are where I fall out with the whole thing because I have no (legal) way of watching the series as they come out and have to get them on dvd. This means that in order to watch the full crossover story I have to get three boxsets, if I haven't watched one of the series before I then need to either get the series before or read what is going on, I then need to binge watch each of the series to where the story starts when I prefer to go through one thing at a time. If I could get all the crossover in one place on each of the relevant boxsets I might pick up another show but I dislike feeling forced to.

    Still, I might need to look out for supergirl and I certainly want to see at least one season of batwoman

  13. - Top - End - #943
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

    I apologize for being that guy. Is Rich doing ok? Usually, if there's this long of a break between comics, he'll post something on the home page.

    Not complaining, just looking out.
    I'm not a pixie! Why does this thing call me a pixie?!

  14. - Top - End - #944
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

    Two things. Likely the next update will be a multipage thing, so that takes some time. Also, they just had to take time to scrub the Erfworld stuff from the site, which apparently was not as simple as it should've been (and hints to me that the site may go offline for maintenance during the between books pause).

  15. - Top - End - #945
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ipswich, MA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

    Also-also, he's probably hard at work writing the bonus strips, commentaries and the rest of the book's features. It needs to go to the printers in a little over a month, if not less. Crunch time for him, most likely.

  16. - Top - End - #946
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

    Also-also-also, the subject of the comic's update schedule is a no-go on the forums.

  17. - Top - End - #947
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

    Despite the fact that this comment will be read by probably no one, I wanted to take a moment to officially commemorate this moment in the Forum's history, as it leaves me feeling a bit nostalgic:

    #1182 is now out, which means that this thread, the one for #1181, is now dead. #1181 features the (probable) last appearance of Hilgya until the epilogue. This means that the Hilgya debates, which have persisted for almost two years (since her return in #1105), are (presumably) now over (at least for a long while). It's the end of an OotS era, folks.
    "The genealogical trees at the end of the Red Book of Westmarch are a small book in themselves, and all but Hobbits would find them exceedingly dull." -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

  18. - Top - End - #948
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Meridianville AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nolongeralurker View Post
    Despite the fact that this comment will be read by probably no one, I wanted to take a moment to officially commemorate this moment in the Forum's history, as it leaves me feeling a bit nostalgic:

    #1182 is now out, which means that this thread, the one for #1181, is now dead. #1181 features the (probable) last appearance of Hilgya until the epilogue. This means that the Hilgya debates, which have persisted for almost two years (since her return in #1105), are (presumably) now over (at least for a long while). It's the end of an OotS era, folks.
    Someone presumes that the fact that Hilgya won't be on panel means no one will be debating her.

    Neat. I look forward to seeing your hopes and dreams crushed. There have been active Miko debate threads within the last year.

  19. - Top - End - #949
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nolongeralurker View Post
    Despite the fact that this comment will be read by probably no one, I wanted to take a moment to officially commemorate this moment in the Forum's history, as it leaves me feeling a bit nostalgic:

    #1182 is now out, which means that this thread, the one for #1181, is now dead. #1181 features the (probable) last appearance of Hilgya until the epilogue. This means that the Hilgya debates, which have persisted for almost two years (since her return in #1105), are (presumably) now over (at least for a long while). It's the end of an OotS era, folks.
    I admire your optimism.
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain avatars by the wonderfully talented Cuthalion!

    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.

    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed
    In a Forum full of dorks, you are truly King Dork. Long may you reign!
    Spoiler: Avatar collection
    Show

    Spoiler: I'm the sun, I'm the sun
    Show
    Spoiler: I can move I can run
    Show
    Spoiler: But you'll never stop me burning
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #950
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Somewhere eh?

    Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

    Hilgya being gone from the story for more than a decade didn't stop Hilgya being discussed so yeah I believe that is a tad optimistic.

    Some of those discussions were about if Hilgya would return to the plot but there were also some that (at the very least) reflect the more recent one. I tried my best to stay away from the debates and wait to see where the plot was going with Hilgya (tbh I think I still am) because of those discussions.
    Last edited by goodpeople25; 2019-10-16 at 11:46 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •