The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 343
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Ground Floor]

    "Oi! You two!" Calls a voice from outside. "Don't damage my daughter's property. Lay off the spiders."

    Should they turn, they'll see a drow dressed in black from head to foot, a black bandana mask wrapped around his upper face and head. Was he a ninja? No, the rapier at his side proved he was more the Dread Pirate Roberts sort. Silver hair flowed out from under the bandana, blue black-skin showed on his face, red eyes, glinting like rubies, glared out from under the mask. Raril Xar'Cha was not happy.

    Behind the drow stood some sort of creature in dark, tattered robes of black and red, armored in bone. A long nosed skull made for a mask of the stoop-backed monster. A twisted blade rested in his clawed hand. Some would recognize the costume as The Hunter, a particularly evil and dangerous Skeksis. Who was under the mask? And that did not look like a rubber weapon.

    The robot-spider rocks slightly as it's poked, it's servos whirring. It was still offering that bracelet.
    Magic_Hat proceeds to take a selfie with one of the robots.

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Arkhosia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    Half Elf and a Gator - John Caiman of Mars

    To be fair, it is Halloween. Scaring Fidelia would only fit the season. Although it would also mean Lazarus would probably have to take the lead on where they go and do today, and Im sure she finds herself doing that far too often for her shy little squire.

    Speaking of taking the lead, Fidelia manages to make a decision on where to go! Everyone seems to be mingling about the serving tables, so it only seems like the place to be. Besides, its not often she gets to nab any particularly decadent goodies, and she certainly appreciates the excuse. Drifting by to snag a slice of the same cake Holly is enjoying, she blinks, noticing the more sanguine beverages nearby. Er, Laz, are those something you can drink, or...? should
    Avatar by Gulaghar, thanks so much!
    "People wanted to be fooled. They really believed that you found gold nuggets lying on the ground, that this time you could find the Lady, that just for once the glass ring might be real diamond. You had to give them a show.
    ~Going Postal, by Terry Pratchett

    Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtok
    If it'll keep you from linking that abomination ever again, then fine. You're evil enough. You win.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Halae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Questing
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Half-Elf and a Gator]

    "Thanks. You look pretty terrifying, yourself." 'Terrifying' is synonymous with 'good'.

    Ah, right.
    That reminds her.
    She still needs to grab food.

    Holly starts to grab some of the food, herself. She notably avoids anything that looks like it's made of vegetables - a girl's gotta maintain her image, after all - and instead goes for the various meats and such. After all, who ever heard of an elf who ate vegetables? Elves are carnivores, she thinks.

    She finally tries the recommended cake she picked up earlier. "Mmm, yes, you were right, this is good."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Half Elf and a Gator - John Caiman of Mars

    To be fair, it is Halloween. Scaring Fidelia would only fit the season. Although it would also mean Lazarus would probably have to take the lead on where they go and do today, and Im sure she finds herself doing that far too often for her shy little squire.

    Speaking of taking the lead, Fidelia manages to make a decision on where to go! Everyone seems to be mingling about the serving tables, so it only seems like the place to be. Besides, its not often she gets to nab any particularly decadent goodies, and she certainly appreciates the excuse. Drifting by to snag a slice of the same cake Holly is enjoying, she blinks, noticing the more sanguine beverages nearby. Er, Laz, are those something you can drink, or...? should
    [Three to the Food Tables]

    "The stuff you'd have to pour out of the big triangular pitcher has blood in it, but the rest should be fine," Emily says. She's got a good nose, far stronger than any pure human's nose, and it lets her discern ingredients in a given food, "Even the blood pitcher is human-edible, though. Nothing here should give you a stomach ache unless you eat too much in general."

    Emily is steering clear of the blood pitcher herself, instead focusing more on the actual food. Mmmm, deviled eggs...
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

    Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    South East of England
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    [Ground Floor]

    A new arrival stands just outside the entrance, paused as if they are unsure whether to join the party.

    Dressed all in black, this arrival is for real a mummy. Faded beige bandages trail from its hands and feet, about a foot in length dragging along behind each foot, and a similar length from each hand. The fingers are bandaged together; the hands, feet and head are the only bits visible under the black costume. The black costume is a onesie with skeleton bones printed on it, on the back and the front. It has a hood, which is not around the mummy's head, and a zip runs all the way down its front. It is zipped up all the way. There are two eye holes in the bandages, and a mouth hole; underneath the bandages visible through these holes are pale, dry lips and beige eyes. There is a distinctive kind of dead smell accompanying the mummy.

    Lateef the mummy is hesitating, not sure how to proceed; he does not know anyone at this party.

    He is carrying a dish of falafel; they don't look so appetising though, as if whoever cooked them (Lateef) couldn't actually smell or taste them to season them during their preparation.....

    Lateef enters and looks to be directed to where he can deposit the dish. It looks appetising, at least.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    billtodamax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    Spooky Children

    TRICK OR TREAT! TRICK OR TREAT! They say, slightly out of sync. There's a brief pause, before: Oh she can't speak but she says trick or treat too. Olon says, motioning to Sasha. They all require candy, candy witch.

    Well-provisioned food table

    Wow that seems like a crazy amount of effort for a halloween party. Nigel says, laughing. Nigel this isn't halloween it's Spooktober. Get with it. I just cut up some old clothes and bought some neck bolts. He says with a dorky grin, pointing to his very plastic neck bolts.
    Avatar by Me!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.


    Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    CosmicHobbit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Yes
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    Possible Troublemaker

    The already drunk, cowboy-costumed man with a peg leg and a shark gnawing on his left arm takes a break from his wine "tasting" to look around the room. He spots the hostess of this party and half-stumbles, half-walks over to her. From inexperience with a peg leg, intoxication, or a mixture, not even he knows why he's stumbling.

    Once there, he gives a sloppy bow. "Great party ya got here. Lil ligh' on the drinks, but 'ey, na e'eryone's got an iron stomach like I." He slurs his words, which makes his accent even more difficult to understand.
    Linklele made my awesome avatar! Thank you so much!

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Earl of Purple's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Garden of the Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    New Arrival!

    Somebody else turns up! Or... Well, probably someone else. They're tall, and walk with shockingly short steps for somebody of their apparent height. They're wearing a long brown duster, with a gun belt strapped about the waist, bearing a large plastic revolver. On their head is a stetson, and on their feet, boots- with spurs that jangle as they walk. The apparently-a-cowboy's sleeves look empty above the elbow, and their hands are small. In fact, pretty much everything about the 'person' visible is smaller than it should be. This is because this 'person' is actually made up of three halflings, standing on each other's shoulders.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

    I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    Magic_Hat proceeds to take a selfie with one of the robots.
    The half-dragon regards Magic_Hat's cell phone with bewilderment. She picks up one of the robots, takes the bracelet, and slaps it around her wrist. It immediately snaps and falls off, but she doesn't seem to notice. Sticking out her tongue, she holds the robot at an arm's length. With her right hand, she pulls a tiny dagger out from inside her white stockings, positions it near the robot, and makes a sloppy clicking noise with her mouth, attempting to imitate Magic_Hat's selfie.
    Like Star Wars, ponies, and/or unabashed silliness? Check out my YouTube channel, Nothing In Particular, for a healthy dose of absurdity. It's just what the doctor ordered!*

    * Surgeon General's Warning: May cause chronic hideous laughter, eye rolling, or beleaguered sighs. Not intended to prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    UncleWolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Fourth Floor

    Gara is busy taking a plate of sugary things from the table. She actually looks surprised at the question.
    "Oh, you know what I am? No one ever seems to know what I'm talking about when I tell them. But uh, I'm fine. I'm from a different uh, colony. We're a little different there than the ones you must know." she says, stuffing a marshmallow into her mouth. It's a little embarrassing, being told how you smell.
    Fourth Floor

    The dark woman nearly takes a swig of the molten cheese in her glass, but thinking better of it she plucks a straw from the table to put in. She had been warned not to make too much of a mess, and while she believed She had only meant it in regards to fighting and breaking stuff, she wasn't going to tempt fate. "Don't know many. Just fought a few. Tastes too bitter." She explains. All those bubbles they gave off and that fluid that made them slide around was just entirely too unpleasant of a taste for the Glavenus to like eating them. The monster had only gone after them when it had been a really long time without food.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    Quote Originally Posted by MossyMeow View Post
    The half-dragon regards Magic_Hat's cell phone with bewilderment. She picks up one of the robots, takes the bracelet, and slaps it around her wrist. It immediately snaps and falls off, but she doesn't seem to notice. Sticking out her tongue, she holds the robot at an arm's length. With her right hand, she pulls a tiny dagger out from inside her white stockings, positions it near the robot, and makes a sloppy clicking noise with her mouth, attempting to imitate Magic_Hat's selfie.
    Magic_Hat is pleased someone is imitating him. He does like to view himself as a trendsetter. Magic_Hat then proceed to stand atop one of the spiders. If it seems the spider may collapse from his weight he backs off. Otherwise Magic_Hat stands atop the spider and makes a surfing gesture. He then takes another selfie of him standing on the spider in this pose making sure to get the spider in frame to prove he did stand atop it.

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deathkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Definitely lost
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    Fourth Floor

    Gara flinches.
    Well! Its reassuring that you arent planning on eating me. she huffs. She sounds a little offended, but shes probably just terrified by the implications. Even though she knows wild Mizu arent smart like her.
    She goes back to devouring sweets. Especially the brightly colored ones.
    So uh...hows the cheese?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

    [Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Cloudy with a chance of Rain]

    Ilpholin raises an eyebrow. Was she supposed to guess who the costume was based on some horribly vague generic descriptions of a ninja's backstory? She doesn't consume nearly enough media to get involved in such games.

    "Close. I'm a Mindflayer," Ilpholin says with a small smile, being up front about what her costume is. "They're a particularly nasty bunch in the Underdark that favors mental enslavement and slow consumption of your rationality and brains."
    [Cloudy with a chance of Rain]

    Oh, well he is not sure if he saw it back home or here in the Nexus so he gave the general description of Tobi from naruto which he masked himself as.

    "Huh, I only heared of them as thin guys with tentacles where there mouth should be. Guess I haven't met any female once, but I think mayn men would drop there rationality if they look at least a bit like you."
    the man replies.
    "May I ask what brings you here? If I heared correctly this building was related to AMEN."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika

    Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

    Nexus Characters: LINK

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Recaiden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fever dreams
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    Devil Tour
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "Yeah, uh, maybe we're better off not knowing." Sekhmet follows along, heart still pounding. She scares rather easily, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    The scares in the unwelcome hallways are largely self-inflicted with dark corners and spooky shapes. Still, they may be effective on someone already on edge. The roped off doorway seems the real deal however, with nothing but dimly lit stairs on the other side and a foreboding aura. There's no security around if they want to slip past the rope and see where it goes.
    Nadas jumps at every corner they go around.
    "Amazing how much this place was done up for Spooktober." Or Ilpholin's house is just always this spooky; that's a real possibility.
    He ducks under the rope and turns to look back at Sekhmet. She's coming along, right?

    [Elevator]
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    The elevator comes to a sudden shuddering stop. Which is a little less impressive given it wasn't moving yet. Still the lights go out and there's a sudden gust of 'wind'. The emergency lights try to flicker on with intermittent success and something grasps at their ankles. The elevator shudders again and with a snapping sound starts to plummet as if they were being dragged to hell. It goes past the four party floors rapidly and deeper still. Contrary to possible fears otherwise, the elevator doesn't crash, instead slowing around the ninth floor gently. Coming to a stop, the lights come back on and a cackle can be heard. Nothing grasps at their ankles anymore and the elevator ascends much more normally to their desired floor or their starting point since they hadn't picked on. It arrives with one last shudder and another cackle as the doors open.

    Unless Omiko trashes the thing during one of the intermediate steps. Then it really will come to an emergency stop.
    "Aaaaaaaaah!" The hedgehog clings to Omiko in a panic.
    "Aaaaaaaaah!" The vampire starts trying to pull his feet away from the grasping somethings.
    "..." The mummy doesn't seem very scared.
    "Happy Spooktober, kids." She presses the button for the [second floor], where they belong. That was a pretty good trick there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show


    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    Devil Tour

    Sekhmet looks quizzically at the roped off section. "Are you sure we're supposed to be back here?" She isn't a huge fan of snooping about in other people's business, but she's also curious, and she wants to get as far from Ilpholin as possible.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    South East of England
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    New Arrival!

    Somebody else turns up! Or... Well, probably someone else. They're tall, and walk with shockingly short steps for somebody of their apparent height. They're wearing a long brown duster, with a gun belt strapped about the waist, bearing a large plastic revolver. On their head is a stetson, and on their feet, boots- with spurs that jangle as they walk. The apparently-a-cowboy's sleeves look empty above the elbow, and their hands are small. In fact, pretty much everything about the 'person' visible is smaller than it should be. This is because this 'person' is actually made up of three halflings, standing on each other's shoulders.
    Lateef the mummy in a skeleton onesie approaches the apparently-a-cowboy, falafel dish in hand.
    'Hey, cool costume.'

    The mummy smiles (quite creepy; looks a bit like his lips might crack) and nods, enthusiatically. 'Oh, I don't know where to put these' (motioning to the falafel)

    The mummy looks around and sees a spiderbot, takes a bracelet if he is offered one and hopes to be directed to where he can put his falafel. The dish is rather heavy and is making his arm ache. The mummy appears to be quite thin under the onesie and bandages, and not very muscular. Looks like he hasn't eaten in rather a long time.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Earl of Purple's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Garden of the Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    New Arrivals

    "Yours is also... uh, quite good." It's even better if they assume they aren't really speaking to a traditionally preserved reanimated corpse. But that's a little tricky, and halflings don't scare easily anyway. Incidentally, the halfling speaking- the one on top- is a girl. "I think there's a big party upstairs. So if we turn to our left a little, our legs will see the elevator." The cowboy turns quite slowly... To their right. "Not that left! Other left, other left! Unless you want to risk the stairs." Minor distraction of rebelling body parts solved, the cowboy points at the elevator. With two arms; one at the end of the sleeve and another emerging from the duster's collar, before disappearing again. That decided, the cowboy starts to walk slowly to the lift, wobbling quite badly. "So, uh, I'm headed up now, you're more than welcome to come with, mister, uh, skeleton. Oh! I'm Sandy Kneeknockers, my bellybutton is Theresea Cheesesniffer and my legs are Stuard Grumblefingers. I'm pleased to meet you!" But she's still moving so shouts over her shoulder back at the mummy.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

    I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    A dragon appears! Or... a costume of a dragon, with wings, horns and all, and two pairs of feet poking out the bottom. Very small feet it would seem. The dragon, though composed of two people, is still not a very big one, because the people in question are very small. But it's marching with purpose towards the kids' section.

    "So far so good! Are you okay back there?" says a squeaky voice from the vicinity of the dragon's head.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Earl of Purple's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Garden of the Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    "I think so! I can just about make out enough space in front that I'm not at risk of tripping. How're things at the front? Any cool costumes to see?" Cheasadh can look out, but mostly she doesn't want to, because then she's not looking at where she's going or regulating her speed enough to prevent either bumping into her sister or being pulled off her feet. Cheasadh's not as squeaky, but her voice is light and high-pitched.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

    I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lord Magtok's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    WWW-Dot-NexusMeals-Dot-Com/Holiday-Recipes/12-Spooktober-Recipes-You-Can-Make-In-A-Croc-Pot/

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Half Elf and a Gator - John Caiman of Mars

    To be fair, it is Halloween. Scaring Fidelia would only fit the season. Although it would also mean Lazarus would probably have to take the lead on where they go and do today, and Im sure she finds herself doing that far too often for her shy little squire.

    Speaking of taking the lead, Fidelia manages to make a decision on where to go! Everyone seems to be mingling about the serving tables, so it only seems like the place to be. Besides, its not often she gets to nab any particularly decadent goodies, and she certainly appreciates the excuse. Drifting by to snag a slice of the same cake Holly is enjoying, she blinks, noticing the more sanguine beverages nearby. Er, Laz, are those something you can drink, or...? should
    Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [Three to the Food Tables]

    "The stuff you'd have to pour out of the big triangular pitcher has blood in it, but the rest should be fine," Emily says. She's got a good nose, far stronger than any pure human's nose, and it lets her discern ingredients in a given food, "Even the blood pitcher is human-edible, though. Nothing here should give you a stomach ache unless you eat too much in general."

    Emily is steering clear of the blood pitcher herself, instead focusing more on the actual food. Mmmm, deviled eggs...
    "I have, uh, special dietary restrictions. I can't eat anything that didn't have opposable thumbs and a capacity for abstract thought," Saint Lazarus reluctantly admits, giving the blood pitcher a brief sniff, before making a face and retreating. Not enough blood? Too much blood, not enough chunks of meat, maybe? Hard to say, Saint Laz tries to avoid experimenting with her body's limits when possible, which also means she's in the dark about a lot of things like that, and tries not to gamble with her stomach when she doesn't have to. Anyway, normally she'd never be so quick to admit to something as terrible and unseemly as her normal, everyday diet, but this is a Spooktober party, and she's probably never seeing this big crocodile death lady ever again. It'll be fine, it's totally safe. Really, nobody's going to start a fight and make a scene because a zombie showed up to a Halloween party. I mean, aside from maybe a derelict shopping mall full of frightened survivors or something, what setting could possibly be more appropriate for a ghoul like her?
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2019-10-08 at 12:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    The Original Hooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi
    You can find me (and people almost as great as me) on the Nexus Server For Cool Attractive People! Come join us!

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Reinholdt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In hiding. Always hiding.

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    [Cloudy with a chance of Rain]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Cloudy with a chance of Rain]

    Oh, well he is not sure if he saw it back home or here in the Nexus so he gave the general description of Tobi from naruto which he masked himself as.

    "Huh, I only heared of them as thin guys with tentacles where there mouth should be. Guess I haven't met any female once, but I think mayn men would drop there rationality if they look at least a bit like you."
    the man replies.
    "May I ask what brings you here? If I heared correctly this building was related to AMEN."
    "It's a variant you see in the darker regions. You'd have to live in the Underdark to know about it usually," Ilpholin claims.

    "I'm afraid you heard incorrectly. AMEN has nothing to do with this place. This is my home. I've been here for a fair while now. The demon invasion was rough, but they didn't have much interest in here. Makes sense. I'm not exactly a leader of Riverside or anything after all. Where do you live?" She gets distracted however as she is approached by another, with quite a unique take on... cowboy pirates?

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Possible Troublemaker

    The already drunk, cowboy-costumed man with a peg leg and a shark gnawing on his left arm takes a break from his wine "tasting" to look around the room. He spots the hostess of this party and half-stumbles, half-walks over to her. From inexperience with a peg leg, intoxication, or a mixture, not even he knows why he's stumbling.

    Once there, he gives a sloppy bow. "Great party ya got here. Lil ligh' on the drinks, but 'ey, na e'eryone's got an iron stomach like I." He slurs his words, which makes his accent even more difficult to understand.
    The shark doesn't look healthy at the very least. Or rather the arm attached to the shark. Ilpholin gives a reserved smile and inclines her head. "Thank you. I'll tell the help to fetch more drinks if you'd like. Was there something in particular you were hoping for?" The sooner she can occupy him with booze, the better.

    [Spooky Children]

    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Spooky Children

    TRICK OR TREAT! TRICK OR TREAT! They say, slightly out of sync. There's a brief pause, before: Oh she can't speak but she says trick or treat too. Olon says, motioning to Sasha. They all require candy, candy witch.
    Sasha nods very gently. That's correct.

    "Oh hoh," The candy witch replies in a robotic witch voice. "And who are you supposed to be?" There's whirring sounds as the candy witch turns to each child in turn and deposits a trio of candies in each container. None of the bad stuff either.

    [Ground Floor]

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    Magic_Hat is pleased someone is imitating him. He does like to view himself as a trendsetter. Magic_Hat then proceed to stand atop one of the spiders. If it seems the spider may collapse from his weight he backs off. Otherwise Magic_Hat stands atop the spider and makes a surfing gesture. He then takes another selfie of him standing on the spider in this pose making sure to get the spider in frame to prove he did stand atop it.
    The spiderbot dips under Magic_Hat's weight and scrapes the floor, but it won't collapse entirely. Unless he starts actually trying to surf the thing. Then the movement will just prove too much. The spiderbot is completely unprepared for how to respond to this and tries to stay as still as possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fendrick View Post
    Lateef the mummy in a skeleton onesie approaches the apparently-a-cowboy, falafel dish in hand.
    'Hey, cool costume.'

    The mummy smiles (quite creepy; looks a bit like his lips might crack) and nods, enthusiatically. 'Oh, I don't know where to put these' (motioning to the falafel)

    The mummy looks around and sees a spiderbot, takes a bracelet if he is offered one and hopes to be directed to where he can put his falafel. The dish is rather heavy and is making his arm ache. The mummy appears to be quite thin under the onesie and bandages, and not very muscular. Looks like he hasn't eaten in rather a long time.
    One of the spiderbots not currently being surfed will offer to take the falafel from Lateef. It'll wander to the fourth floor tables to deposit the dish, so if they want to follow it, they will find their way to the largest part of the party quite quickly. Which is probably far too quickly for the halflings. Maybe better just to take the elevator since the stacked trio is already heading that direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    5a Violista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Next to the Mandolinist

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    [Cakes, Crocs, and Zombies]

    The half-human woman switches from eating cake to eating some of the meat she grabbed.

    "Oh! Speaking of!" she says, reminded because the blood is pointed out. "I know a really good blood sausage recipe. The kind of blood used does kind-of change the texture, but..."

    She pauses, before deciding she needs to clarify. "Well, I guess it's technically not pure blood sausage, because it has some meat and fat mixed in, but it's still pretty good."



    [Well-provisioned food table]

    "It wasn't that bad," she replies, dismissing all the effort she put into the costume. "Besides, half the point of a Spooktacular is to look good, and it's a chance to network with a bunch of other people and nobody wants to be known as 'the fake Magtok with a plastic face'."

    But!
    Holly turns around the conversation, focusing it on Nigel's costume. "But, seriously, cutting up old clothes makes it look really authentic, so it works out for you. After all, not everybody's willing to cut up clothes for a party. It makes you stand out."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    billtodamax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    Spooky Children

    I'm Uvirrakust. And I'm Stihpa. She had a bunch of other names too but that's the most important one. She's uh... what one was she again? Endok whispers to Olon. Um... she was Kor. Oh yeah. She's Kor. It shot out noxious gas and mum had to dodge around it all cool and stuff before shut cut off its head! Endok is very proud of his mother. She could beat up anyone else's mum no problem.

    Rath is inwardly laughing at the kids' antics. Man they had some strange friends though.

    Well-provisioned food table.

    Ahhh, you're blowing smoke up my arse now. Nigel says, with a wave of his hand. I know it's half-arsed but I figured it was good enough. Didn't want to reuse my costume from last year's so soon. Were you at last years? No, right you didn't meet Magtok and it was at his. It was ok. Nigel is a master of small talk.
    Avatar by Me!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.


    Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    [Cloudy with a chance of Rain]

    "I haven't visit those, that's true. Mostly due to a lack of darkvision." Not to add all the people that might either enslave or kill him.

    "Oh yeah, I heared of that. Must be a hard time after all. I heared they appeared everywhere, guess they got a real beatup then." he replies. not really sure how much was spread arounds.
    "Me? I#m currently living in I..." he starts befor the drunken man arrives. He keeps quiet and observes for now.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika

    Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

    Nexus Characters: LINK

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    The spiderbot dips under Magic_Hat's weight and scrapes the floor, but it won't collapse entirely. Unless he starts actually trying to surf the thing. Then the movement will just prove too much. The spiderbot is completely unprepared for how to respond to this and tries to stay as still as possible.
    Magic_Hat is pleased. To say the least he at least has some cool photos from this evening. He wishes he brought a sharpie to this event to write the phrase "Magic_Hat was here!" on one of the bots. Oh well. He then goes onto youtube on his phone and blasts "Move Your Dead Bones" for all to bust a move to.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    Magic_Hat is pleased. To say the least he at least has some cool photos from this evening. He wishes he brought a sharpie to this event to write the phrase "Magic_Hat was here!" on one of the bots. Oh well. He then goes onto youtube on his phone and blasts "Move Your Dead Bones" for all to bust a move to.
    The half-dragon claps Magic_Hat's shoulder with one of her massive hands, chuckling. "Ah ha! I like you, my friend!". She sheathes her dagger, tearing a hole in her stockings as she does so. "Victoria is my name. It is an honor to meet you! We shall have much fun together."
    Like Star Wars, ponies, and/or unabashed silliness? Check out my YouTube channel, Nothing In Particular, for a healthy dose of absurdity. It's just what the doctor ordered!*

    * Surgeon General's Warning: May cause chronic hideous laughter, eye rolling, or beleaguered sighs. Not intended to prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "I think so! I can just about make out enough space in front that I'm not at risk of tripping. How're things at the front? Any cool costumes to see?" Cheasadh can look out, but mostly she doesn't want to, because then she's not looking at where she's going or regulating her speed enough to prevent either bumping into her sister or being pulled off her feet. Cheasadh's not as squeaky, but her voice is light and high-pitched.
    "There's all kinds of cool costumes! I saw a really big person that I think was lizard-like on her own and was dressed up as something dark and gloomy," Brinika says. "We should switch later so you can take a better look. Or maybe we should have installed a periscope."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Earl of Purple's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Garden of the Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    "Don't be silly, a periscope wouldn't fit with the costume. Besides, in order to use it I'd have to not be looking at where my feet are going and then I'd fall over. If we're stopped, I can peer through these tassels and stuff." Though in that case, she'd need to stay alert enough to start moving when Brinika does so she's not left behind like a weird fox-dragon egg.

    "Swapping at some point might be a good idea, though. It's quite hot back here." The heat isn't escaping very easily, though it is escaping. She's too hot to be comfortable, but no more.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

    I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    CosmicHobbit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Yes
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    The shark doesn't look healthy at the very least. Or rather the arm attached to the shark. Ilpholin gives a reserved smile and inclines her head. "Thank you. I'll tell the help to fetch more drinks if you'd like. Was there something in particular you were hoping for?" The sooner she can occupy him with booze, the better.
    Maybe Not Trouble?

    Beamer nods, grinning. "That'd be great, thanks! Didn' really have anythin' particular in mind really, jus' wanted ta tell ya I appreciate ya puttin' this whole thing on." He turns to the man cloud robes and his face changes to apologetic. "Ah ****, did I interrupt somethin'? Never been good with that, sorry."
    Linklele made my awesome avatar! Thank you so much!

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Arkhosia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    Dining Croc Comics

    All things considered, Fidelia does a remarkable job of not staring. She wasn't terribly used to figures as bulky or towering as Emily, and the glimpses of those meaty claws certainly provoke curiosity. Thankfully, discretion, empathy and her own insecurities made it easy for her to mind her focus. What was harder not to stare at was the sheer glut of food being wolfed down. Holy cow, she wasn't even sure she could eat that much in a single day! Not that she wouldn't have tried; she probably would have literally killed to get the chance back before her new lease on life.

    "Oh! Er, thanks, I wouldn't have known," Fidelia admits. "I don't think I've even heard about half of these things." She uses a serving spoon to lift up a single pig in a blanket, peering at the object suspiciously.
    Avatar by Gulaghar, thanks so much!
    "People wanted to be fooled. They really believed that you found gold nuggets lying on the ground, that this time you could find the Lady, that just for once the glass ring might be real diamond. You had to give them a show.
    ~Going Postal, by Terry Pratchett

    Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtok
    If it'll keep you from linking that abomination ever again, then fine. You're evil enough. You win.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Halae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Questing
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

    [Giant Noms with a Half-Elf and Zombie]

    "Hmm. I'll see if I can't help you get something for that later, then," Emily offers to Saint Laz, "I might know a way to get you some food without killing anybody."

    Emily will reach for more cake herself, "Cooking's something of a hobby of mine, so if you can provide that recipe, I wouldn't mind having it around." Well that makes sense. She's kind of massive, so no doubt she has to eat a lot during the day.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

    Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •